Author Topic: Showtime - First Impressions  (Read 58632 times)

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
Re: Showtime - First Impressions
« Reply #135 on: March 25, 2012, 03:58:44 PM »
I got the social stuff in the patch, my other half wasn't very enthusiastic, he says it's a single player game and should remain that way.

It's still a single player game.  Nothing has changed in that respect.  When/if you use SimPort, other people's Sims are essentially NPC's.  You can't even interact with them, except to request what they do while their performing.  The social features simply allow you to communicate with other people while you're playing.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #136 on: March 25, 2012, 04:24:07 PM »
So money is very tight for me right now, and I have seen this expansion pack at £30 in supermarkets.

Since you said £30 I assume you are in the UK? If so I suggest Play.com and you can get the Limited Edition for £25 with free PandP. I love this EP, more than Generations and it really is up there on my favourites list. I love a lot of the content that came with it - Gameplay and Furnishings/Clothing!
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Addict

« Reply #137 on: March 25, 2012, 05:31:41 PM »
£25? Sold! Ta!

In respect to the social side, like what has been said, it's not drastically changed so I'm not too bothered about it, I think how they develop it will be interesting, and I think will be the basis for the Sims 4!

Addict x

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #138 on: March 25, 2012, 05:57:53 PM »
In respect to the social side, like what has been said, it's not drastically changed so I'm not too bothered about it, I think how they develop it will be interesting, and I think will be the basis for the Sims 4!

I think it's a foregone conclusion that a lot of the features they're adding after the fact to Sims 3 will be base game features for Sims 4.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #139 on: April 06, 2012, 09:33:22 AM »
Don't have it yet, so I can't give my first impressions yet. However, I wanted to share something awesome with y'all! I was going to order from Origin the regular one for $39.99 plus tax. I decided to check Amazon's prices out before ordering, I'm glad I did! I got Katy Perry's edition for $29.99 plus shipping and handling was $9 so to sum it up, I got the KP edition for the same price as I was going to spend on the regular on Origin! Thank you Amazon!!  ;D Actually it was a little cheaper because Origin's was $39.99 plus tax where with Amazon, my entire order including tax was $39.97!

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #140 on: April 06, 2012, 04:49:15 PM »
Have not yet had my sim play elsewhere ; though I put her up for it. However, being an avid fan of Bridgport, I find SS a very nice place to live. SO, I)'m torn between the two.
 In SS you can compete at simfests. My sim beat the top dog (she was level 7 singer and he was lvel 8) .
However, in other towns, there is no one else competing. So if you want to go for the new careers (singer, acrobat, magician) you need to be in SS.
To live with my love for Bridgeport, I use twallan's traveller mod and my sim practically lives in both cities. In fact, she befriended a unicorn (male, white) in SS and went to perform in Bridgeprot and befriended a female unicorn (white) who she took back to SS with her.
Love twallan's mods!

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #141 on: April 06, 2012, 08:49:37 PM »
Cool! I can't wait to check out SS! SV is still my fave (UC is still laggy for me even with my new GC  :'( ) so I look forward to maybe getting into SS! I've never used mods and not going to start now.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Fellly

« Reply #142 on: May 05, 2012, 11:02:53 AM »
The things I like in this EP are:
- The new supermarket
- The new school
- Some of the Venues
- New hair
- New stuff
EPs like Ambitions and Showtime requires that you spend alot of time doing specific things in the game. I enjoy playing freely  the family aspect of the game.
I'm not dissapointed, I'm just not interested in it. :)

Offline EquineSim

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #143 on: May 08, 2012, 06:28:20 AM »
I know its not really part of it, but its kinda surprising there are no equestrian Sims.

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #144 on: May 08, 2012, 06:36:11 AM »
i know its not really part of it, but its kinda suprising there are no equestrain sims

Why would there be equestrians in an expansion Pack that has nothing to do with animals?
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline TeaPuff

• Nooboo
« Reply #145 on: May 08, 2012, 08:47:12 PM »
I must admit since ive had showtime, I havent really gotten into it as much as some of the other EP's...
I do however love the new clothes and objects that came along with it; I love that my party rooms can now have a pool table!
So far ive tried the singer and acrobat out but my Singer kept getting stuck on stage and I end up having to reset her!
I havent really tried out the social side Showtime yet but it looks like its not too in your face and I enjoy seeing all the badges ive earnt so far.
One thing im a bit dissapointed about is that they didnt add a new photography collection (unless i just havent discovered it yet?)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #146 on: May 08, 2012, 08:55:52 PM »
I know its not really part of it, but its kinda surprising there are no equestrian Sims.

The one you need is the Pets expansion pack.  There are equestrian Sims in it. 
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Sunnysabjes

• Occult
  • Insanely serious or seriously insane?
    • Deviant
« Reply #147 on: May 09, 2012, 04:16:55 AM »
I do like the pack, but currently I have no singers, acrobats or magicians. I always take months, sometimes years to fully explore a new EP. For now I just got bored with it. All the sing-o-grams and stuff. I do really like all the clothing, hairstyles and objects in the pack. Maybe I'll go explore more later.

loveSims

« Reply #148 on: May 09, 2012, 09:18:56 AM »
You don't have to do the sing- o- grams. I just ignore them and let my sim sig for tips and do gigs.

Offline Sunnysabjes

• Occult
  • Insanely serious or seriously insane?
    • Deviant
« Reply #149 on: May 09, 2012, 11:20:52 AM »
You don't have to do the sing- o- grams. I just ignore them and let my sim sig for tips and do gigs.

Don't you need to be at least level two or something to get gigs, or do you just get the experience by singing for tips?

anything