Author Topic: Showtime - First Impressions  (Read 58674 times)

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Showtime - First Impressions
« Reply #150 on: May 09, 2012, 11:26:41 AM »
Don't you need to be at least level two or something to get gigs, or do you just get the experience by singing for tips?

That's when you are most likely to get a gig at say the park. Although I've had a level one get a gig at the park before. Sing-O-Grams are pointless though and it's far much more worthwhile to play for tips.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline rpnecroranger

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #151 on: May 09, 2012, 11:49:56 AM »
agreed on the singergrams. unfortunately there is a badge on site you get from a singer sim doing 15 of each type of singergram, so to do that you atleast need to perform 60 singergrams (4 types &15) but if you have a bored singer sim and a simbt standing around its quite easy to do

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #152 on: May 09, 2012, 11:59:57 AM »
When you audition, it's a sing-a-gram; so, does it count or not? My sim ignores the "cheer up XXX, because they passed out", etc. I check who is requesting, and the man she wanted, asked for a gram. When he met her the other one was toast.

loveSims

« Reply #153 on: May 09, 2012, 12:15:55 PM »
When they just start the career I let them do the sing- a- grams, but as soon as they can get a gig I ignore it. I think they can gigs at level 2. I have a bad memory lol! My singer is at level 10. No way a superstar so a sing- a- gram!

Offline rpnecroranger

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #154 on: May 09, 2012, 04:09:15 PM »
if you click on your singer sim there is a option under "singer" to perform a singagram for nearby named sims

Offline Sunnysabjes

• Occult
  • Insanely serious or seriously insane?
    • Deviant
« Reply #155 on: May 10, 2012, 04:03:06 AM »
The sing-o-grams would be fun if there where 1 or 2 in a sims day. I get so many that if I would do all of them my sim would never sleep again. I guess that just annoys me. Do they get any less if you ignore them?

Offline TeaPuff

• Nooboo
« Reply #156 on: May 10, 2012, 06:06:24 AM »
Strange? my Singer never got that many ever, in fact when she first started out all I could do was sing for tips as I was only getting a couple of sing-o-grams a day and barley had enough money to eat!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

MaryMarsh

« Reply #157 on: May 27, 2012, 01:52:39 AM »
I got Showtime shortly after it came out. I created a singer and kept her totally busy playing for tips, then had her playing five nights a week at all the smaller venues til she reached level-10 in the Singer profession, at which time she began performing at the large venues. Once these became regular gigs she quit performing at the small venues. In short order she'd aquired enough wealth to purchase the large venues. I should mention that commensurately I had her learning guitar and piano (she is a professional musician after all  :o ). Once I had enough income from real estate arriving weekly she retired from singing and picked up the musician track and is currently a conductor. At this point she's achieved everything I set out for and it's unlikely I'll go back and play that Showtime profession again.

Bringing a singer along rapidly requires a lot of hands on attention -- and it can get rather tedious (I've come to appreciate to some extent how professional performers can get burnt out in their professions). I cannot stress this enough -- you've really got to work at making your performer successful. Because I leveled mine up through A LOT of singing for tips and doing shows at small venues 5-6 nights weekly she never gave a bad show -- all were epic or legendary. If your sim is super career oriented (as mine was) s/he will not have time remaining for a social life or parties, which invariably occur when gigs are scheduled.

Retrospectively, I probably could have done without the Showtime EP: (1) it was definitely not as much fun as the Pets EP, to which I keep returning to raise horses; and (2) the lag created by Showtime had me at the brink of deleting TS3 off my computer until I discovered the "resetsim* " workaround -- which I'm compelled to do a couple of times every real life hour. Unlike gardening, nectar making, and raising horses (which I often do simultaneously with one or more sims) the Showtime professions simply do not beckon to me so loudly. I know I speak only for myself, but I think opinion is what this thread was requesting.

(EDIT) Pertaining to sing-o-grams: my singer received only two before she had regular gigs at the large venues. Thereafter, she began receiving a couple each day. I don't believe they receive sing-o-gram opportunities on days they're performing (though both of mine came following early shows). So, the fact that I kept my singer busy doing gigs nearly every night of week doubtless contributed to receiving so few opportunities. Still, in the early going had I not kept her busy singing for tips the paucity of sing-o-gram opportunities would have spelt starvation.

Offline EquineSim

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #158 on: May 02, 2013, 07:39:22 PM »
I just got this yesterday, along with Generations, yey! I like it. I think Showtime comes with some really cool hairstyles and clothes, and I like the option of having a Sim being able to sing. EA has done what looks like a really good job with this. (As they do with all EP and SP)

Offline iariley15

• Nooboo
  • Tapatalk User
« Reply #159 on: December 27, 2013, 09:50:29 PM »
A long time ago my sim had to sing a sing a gram to Kirsten Law. She did not even let me in to her house to sing it! And once in Dragon valley my teal sim Miranda Green had a dislike. Fintan so my sim yelled at him at the fall festival and Miranda had to sing a cheer up sing a gram for him.
Using Tapatalk

Offline BabyGirl

• Nooboo
« Reply #160 on: June 04, 2014, 07:20:25 PM »
I know I'm really late to the party, but I just got Showtime a few weeks ago. I was reading on this website or maybe another, that new fireflies came with Showtime, but i don't see them in my game and I can't find the spawner for them. My game is patched to 1.67, I don't know if the fireflies came with an old patch or not.

Please help me,lol!!

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #161 on: June 04, 2014, 07:26:13 PM »
Fireflies appear at night. Are you searching for them in the daytime? Because you won't find them then.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

anything