Author Topic: Genie!  (Read 119637 times)

Offline Dweiathecat

• Nooboo
Re: Genie!
« Reply #75 on: April 26, 2012, 02:18:16 PM »
I have two genies who had twins. The strange thing with these twins now grown up is that they are genies too but they also can burn things.
I cannot edit those twins in CAS.

I got pyromaniac genie twins too!

Offline thesimslover828

• Playing The Sims 3 again, WooHoo!!!
  • Immortal
  • Death To The Visitors, V Is For Victory
« Reply #76 on: April 26, 2012, 11:37:45 PM »
No "supernatural" sim can be edit in CAS.
Except ghosts, but as far as clothes go it doesn't really have a point lol.
We are of peace, always but this is war.
We are of peace, always.
We'll help build a resistance. We have to fight.

When all you've ever loved has been stolen from you, sometimes all you have left is revenge.
For the truly wronged, satisfaction can be found in one of two places,  absolute forgiveness or mortal vindication. This is not a story about forgiveness. When deception cuts this deep, someone has to pay.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Wai

• Immortal
« Reply #77 on: September 22, 2012, 10:11:54 AM »
I guess I may be being stupid, but, I can't put my genie lamp in the fridge.  I have the opportunity showing both above the moodlets window and in the ops window.  Is there something else I need to do first?
“In this world, there is nothing softer or thinner than water. But to compel the hard and unyielding, it has no equal. That the weak overcomes the strong, that the hard gives way to the gentle -- this everyone knows. Yet no one asks accordingly.”
 Lao-Tse

Offline MissPlumbBob

• Sims Biographer
  • Immortal
« Reply #78 on: September 22, 2012, 10:13:36 AM »
Are you clicking on the lamp or the fridge?
Check out my new story here!

Offline Wai

• Immortal
« Reply #79 on: September 22, 2012, 11:06:49 AM »
I've tried both, I get only "summon the genie" from the lamp and the usual meal options, "detonate" and "open" from the fridge.  I thought it might be a problem with the "superior" fridge, so tried putting it in my inventory and buying a regular fridge, but, it makes no difference.

Update
 ;D  Ok, I knew I was being doolally tap.  Click on the fridge while the genie is in the house.  How stupid can I be!!! ::)
“In this world, there is nothing softer or thinner than water. But to compel the hard and unyielding, it has no equal. That the weak overcomes the strong, that the hard gives way to the gentle -- this everyone knows. Yet no one asks accordingly.”
 Lao-Tse

Offline MissPlumbBob

• Sims Biographer
  • Immortal
« Reply #80 on: September 22, 2012, 12:58:34 PM »
Glad you found the solution!  8)
Check out my new story here!

Offline Wai

• Immortal
« Reply #81 on: September 22, 2012, 02:32:37 PM »
Has anyone else who bought the Genie using LTHP, found that the Genie looks freakily like the Sim that bought it?

Absolutely Samoht04

My Genie is most definately a near clone of my sim, every carefully adjusted feature is there.  Obviously, she has blue skin, and her hair was red in her everyday outfit, but, in all other outfits her hair is the same colour and style as my sim's, or it was until I used the mirror to change it, now she looks even more like my regular sim, so it's back to the mirror for a new haircolour and style.
 Lao-Tse

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #82 on: September 22, 2012, 06:36:27 PM »
Genies shouldn't look like anyone at all. Genies have a rather generic set of features and it even happens with Bottled Genie Potion, at least in my experience, so it could even make Arlo Bunch look presentable.
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

Offline Katantunoro

• Kerfuffle Lord
  • Nooboo
  • Ssh, it's personal!
« Reply #83 on: January 03, 2013, 01:02:13 PM »
I've got myself two genies, one male (in my female sims possession) and a female (in my male sims possession).  I've gotten Fortune twice from both sims, and I think I might use the last wish to free them both and have them create a myriad of bouncing blue 100% genie babies!
Katantunoro's Signature Blog: I find myself with an extremely large bounty of pencil sharpeners recently. I have 5 stacked on my desk!

Offline Gabsiela

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #84 on: January 05, 2013, 07:05:47 PM »
Hey Everyone,

My vampire sim just finished exploring the catacombs in Egypt and had a genie lamp in her personal inventory.

But there were no options to click on it; so when she got back to her vacation home I took it from her inventory and put it on the kitchen bench.

Still no options.

Are there genie lamps without genies, or does anyone know what the go is here?

Cheers,

Gabsiela

Offline Toni

• Sydrian Bookworm
  • Occult
« Reply #85 on: January 06, 2013, 02:24:43 AM »
How high does the relationship with a genie have to be to be able to make certain wishes such as 'free the genie'.

Offline Serenity S.

• Occult
  • Flea market shopper in 3rd generation.
« Reply #86 on: October 05, 2013, 07:41:42 AM »
How high does the relationship with a genie have to be to be able to make certain wishes such as 'free the genie'.

I think they only need to be friends, but then again this is something I've heard, not something I've tested.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #87 on: October 05, 2013, 09:36:49 AM »

Just tested it, you have to be "good friends" before you can free the genie. 

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #88 on: August 23, 2017, 07:08:02 PM »
Hi, I know this is an old thread, but I'm just now experimenting w/these. How do you get all of these options on a genie? Are they available on a created genie or just on the genie that comes from the lamp? I'm currently playing a created genie and the only options I have for her is to "magically make sim clean," "magically clean house (make sparkly clean)," or to ensorcel" a sim, or to "banish" a sim. I don't have any other options. Maybe it's b/c of her being created a genie?

anything