Author Topic: Genie!  (Read 119654 times)

Offline Bde1225

• Occult
  • Entertain me!
Genie!
« on: March 11, 2012, 07:43:58 PM »
I dream of Genie!

I think the first thing I was amped to get was the genie. I could not wait to try it out and see where I could get with it.
There are many ways to get a genie. The easiest way is to get 30,000 lifetime points and buy one from the lifetime rewards. The more random ways that are not guaranteed would be exploring the catacombs, searching for treasure, or getting one thrown at you during a stage performance.
Once you get the lamp you clean it from your inventory and poof! There is your blue buddy ready to do your bidding...almost.

What you can wish for:
World Peace

Resurrect Sim

More Wishes- Gives you three more wishes.

Love

Long Life- Extends your life span
Large Family- Gives you a fertile moodlet.

Happiness-gives a +25 moodlet with no expiration - looks to be permanent

Free the Genie- Once you have become friends with the genie you will get the option to free it. You will get a totally of 3 opportunities to free the genie.
Free Genie opp 1: Freeze the lamp- All you have to do is click on the fridge and the option to freeze the lamp will be there. Your sims waits for a period of time then removes the lamp.
Opp 2: Heat the lamp- Click on the stove and it will say heat lamp. Your sim wait again. Almost as if it is cooking a meal.
Op3: Take the lamp underground- Just go to the graveyard, click on the catacombs, and it will show an option that says “take lamp underground”
Once you are done in the catacombs it will tell you to summon your genie to free it.

Fortune- Gives you 100,000 simoleans

Beauty-it says your Sim is more attractive even though they can't see any difference themselves - no moodlet or any visible effect.

My Genie had to rest for 1 sims day before it made another wish.

Once the genie is free it will no longer grant wishes. But it can still do some things that will make life easier.

Summon food- The genie can summon a perfect group serving of any meal that can be made in the sims.(except Ambrosia)

Banish sim- Exactly what it sounds like. The sims disappears, and I have not seen that sim since.

Magically Clean sim- You click on yourself or the sim you want clean and the genie will clean them.

Ensorcel Sim- The sim will be added to your family and under your control for 4 hours.

Make house spotless- If you click on the floor in your home the genie will clean the house...instantly.

Genie babies!!
Once the genie is free you can woohoo and make babies. Yes they are adorable blue bundles of joy.
I will edit this once I get more information.
Ty Callycat for adding!

Dr. Mingbe DeWooLeHoo<---So I don't forget the name of my fav creation! Lol..I am getting old...

Offline callycat

• Occult
Re: Genie!
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 07:55:25 PM »
Beauty - it says your Sim is more attractive even though they can't see any difference themselves - no moodlet or any visible effect.

Large family - the fertile moodlet doesn't guarantee results apparently as my Sim has yet to have more than a single baby at a time with it :)

Happiness - gives a +25 moodlet with no expiration - looks to be permanent.

The genie's summon food ability seems to give perfect servings every time and it looks like you can choose anything except Ambrosia. It includes pet foods too.
[they/them pronouns please]

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Bde1225

• Occult
  • Entertain me!
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 07:58:03 PM »
Thank you! I will add that. Everytime I wished for the beauty i I never seen a moodlet or anything. I thought it was broken or a bug.

Dr. Mingbe DeWooLeHoo<---So I don't forget the name of my fav creation! Lol..I am getting old...

Offline Bde1225

• Occult
  • Entertain me!
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2012, 08:02:27 PM »
Beauty - it says your Sim is more attractive even though they can't see any difference themselves - no moodlet or any visible effect.

Large family - the fertile moodlet doesn't guarantee results apparently as my Sim has yet to have more than a single baby at a time with it :)

Happiness - gives a +25 moodlet with no expiration - looks to be permanent.

The genie's summon food ability seems to give perfect servings every time and it looks like you can choose anything except Ambrosia. It includes pet foods too.

Have you made genie babies yet?

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2012, 08:07:43 PM »
No, not yet - soon, I hope!
[they/them pronouns please]

Offline Bde1225

• Occult
  • Entertain me!
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2012, 09:57:59 PM »
I got mine!! It is still a baby though. So yeah. I might make it a vampire! Dunno yet.

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2012, 10:05:56 PM »
Another interesting tidbit - apparently genies can't be edited in CAS.  I was hoping for a male genie, but got a female.  When I tried to use the edit in CAS cheat the option wouldn't appear when I shift-clicked my genie.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Bde1225

• Occult
  • Entertain me!
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2012, 10:28:13 PM »
After 5 genies I got a female one.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2012, 11:19:30 PM »
All my genies have been female so far.  I was beginning to think they didn't come in the male flavor...
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline m.sato

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2012, 05:56:38 AM »
Another interesting tidbit - apparently genies can't be edited in CAS.  I was hoping for a male genie, but got a female.  When I tried to use the edit in CAS cheat the option wouldn't appear when I shift-clicked my genie.

No "supernatural" sim can be edit in CAS.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2012, 06:14:15 AM »
I got a female genie the first time I tried. She had an extended life span I was wondering if it were the same for everyone.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Leto85

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2012, 01:08:16 PM »
I got mine!! It is still a baby though. So yeah. I might make it a vampire! Dunno yet.

If that is possible. Remember that you can't crossbreed those special sims without using a mod. The farthest you can go is having a ghost version of any occult Sim. Though I don't know about the genie.
Thanks for this amazing topic.

Offline Trentorio

• Townie
  • "Shamo!"
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2012, 05:07:00 PM »
My genie was a male named Jeffry Sikes. He had pudding face and was quite large. I gave him plastic surgery, for his face and I made him work out every few days. He had some great traits...couch potato, mooch, lucky, friendly and I forget the last one.

I had him marry a townie and with no gender wishes during pregnancy I let it default and they had a daughter. She just hit teen and I think she is very pretty. When she became a child she had all the options except Enscorl. I have to check and see if she got it as a teen, but perhaps not until Young Adult.

I have to snap a screenshoot of her because I had a lot of fun doing her hair/makeup and clothes as a teen. She is really sweet looking.

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2012, 05:10:43 PM »
My female genie was also a bit chunky, but she had good proportions and was actually pretty despite the extra weight.  Unfortunately my game blew up shortly after I freed her and I'm going to have to go back to a pre-genie save.  Here's hoping I get a male this time.  I so want genie babies!

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2012, 05:17:14 PM »

A genie is an occult, and a Sim can only have one occult status at a time.  So if it grows up with it's occult status you won't be able to make it a vampire.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

anything