Author Topic: Changing career outfits  (Read 55046 times)

Offline DeLouche

• Occult
  • Sims3 - because being omnipotent is fun!
Changing career outfits
« on: March 13, 2012, 08:27:50 AM »
I'm having problems changing the career outfits for my sims. It seems to be theoretically possible, but no options for clothing come up when I go to the dresser. What I am currently doing is as follows

- Walk to the dresser, change into most recent career outfit
 - Click on dresser > Plan outfit
 - Get taken to 'dressing room', complete with tabs for 'everyday', 'formal', etc., as well as 'career'. This is where it gets confusing - there are no clothing options whatsoever. Everything looks fine, but no clothes to choose from.

Anyone else had this problem, and how have you dealt with it? It's not a game-breaker, but I was quite pleased about being able to change career outfits, because there are so many new lovely clothes to choose from.

Offline FireRaye93

• Townie
  • I am burdened with glorious plumbobs.
Re: Changing career outfits
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 08:48:59 AM »
I haven't had this problem, but in order to create a new career outfit you have to add a second outfit since you can't change the default.
Sometimes a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline DeLouche

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 10:25:39 AM »
Thanks FireRaye - I'll give that a go and report back on results  :)

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2012, 01:13:34 PM »
The only thing you can do to the standard career outfit is recolor it.  If you want to have a different career outfit then you have to add a custom outfit as FireRaye mentioned.

Offline FireRaye93

• Townie
  • I am burdened with glorious plumbobs.
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 05:44:48 PM »
I didn't know you could recolor the default. I thought you couldn't make any changes at all. Learned something new today. :)
Sometimes a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, 06:39:22 PM »
The only thing you can do to the standard career outfit is recolor it.  If you want to have a different career outfit then you have to add a custom outfit as FireRaye mentioned.

I didn't know you could recolor the default. I thought you couldn't make any changes at all. Learned something new today. :)

You cannot alter the default career outfit at all.  You can't even change your Sim's hairstyle while wearing the default uniform.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2012, 07:35:30 PM »
I've changed the colour of my magician's outfit and she wears the new coloured version when she performs. Not sure though if the colour change sticks when she simports to another game (I haven't had a lot of luck with magicians and simport)
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline DeLouche

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2012, 07:49:38 AM »
Well, I have created new performing wardrobes for my Sims, and I'm very happy with these. I hope these clothes changes will come through by SimPort - one big reason that I wanted to do this is that it would make more interesting and diverse shows for other people... so let the SimPorting begin! Twinmum, I'll report back with my findings :)

Offline Corylea

• Townie
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2012, 11:40:32 AM »
I LOVE being able to alter their career outfits.  I wish EA had made it possible to recolor the maternity outfits, too, though. 

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2012, 04:19:38 PM »
Well, I have created new performing wardrobes for my Sims, and I'm very happy with these. I hope these clothes changes will come through by SimPort - one big reason that I wanted to do this is that it would make more interesting and diverse shows for other people... so let the SimPorting begin! Twinmum, I'll report back with my findings :)

Since pics have been posted, I know that my magician sim reverts to the original career outfit and hair when Simporting, even though I gave her an additional one that she uses in my game by default. The only things that seem to go through are accessories.
[they/them pronouns please]

kacg97

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2012, 06:42:23 PM »
For the ones that have high end loft stuff, in career outfit, does it appeared the hairstyles from high end loft stuff??

Offline DanteEDM

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2012, 05:18:37 PM »
I have noticed an issue with the career outfits. My writer suddenly acquired one - complete with a new hairstyle and accessories. Has this happened to anyone else?

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2012, 11:42:48 PM »
Yes.  Seems everything has an "outfit" now.  If the hairstyle your Sim is wearing by default isn't authorized for career use, then the hair will change to something that is.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.