Author Topic: Rules: Who's Your Daddy Project  (Read 50502 times)

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
Re: Who's Your Daddy Project
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2013, 09:56:35 PM »
Oh, wow, we got stickied!   8)

I would treat a divorce as if the father had died and were resurrected.  If she divorced and remarried the same man, the conceptions at home while they were married both times count, but not those in between the divorce and remarriage.  Keep in mind that if they divorce, he has to move out because the only adult to remain living with her should be her husband.  You'd have to set him loose and then recapture him.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2013, 09:58:07 PM »
Okay, that's what I'd figured, but wanted to make sure I was honoring the intentions of the rules given that relationship management is a big part of this challenge.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ve1ocity

• !I believe in Simverse!
  • Occult
  • Sims 4!
    • Six at Sunset
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2013, 03:33:27 AM »
Hi!
Permitted that I move out a young adult within 12 hours, is it permissible that they(the young adult) can conceive a child?
Moving out: Is kicking out allowed? Is moving out via a marriage ok? Or do I need to purchase a different lot/house and then move out?
Read my newest vampire saga! HIATUS
Mission Unnamed

Will Aphrodite ever find True Love?  HIATUS
Yes, its the Greek Gods! Read their antics!
The Greek Gods : An Immortal Dynasty

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2013, 04:30:59 PM »
Hi!
Permitted that I move out a young adult within 12 hours, is it permissible that they(the young adult) can conceive a child?
Moving out: Is kicking out allowed? Is moving out via a marriage ok? Or do I need to purchase a different lot/house and then move out?

Yes, that would be within the letter of the law.  Regarding how they move out, that's entirely up to you.  What matters is that they leave and don't stay behind to contribute to household finances and child care.  How they go is your choice.

Offline ve1ocity

• Occult
  • Sims 4!
    • Six at Sunset
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2013, 09:27:40 AM »
Yes, that would be within the letter of the law.  Regarding how they move out, that's entirely up to you.  What matters is that they leave and don't stay behind to contribute to household finances and child care.  How they go is your choice.

Yay thanks! I can't wait for Milla to have grandkids:D!
Mission Unnamed

Offline ve1ocity

• Occult
  • Sims 4!
    • Six at Sunset
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2013, 03:20:07 PM »
Just a clarification : Mermaids are allowed as occults aren't they ? :)
Mission Unnamed

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2013, 09:18:47 AM »
Thanks for that nudge, ve1ocity.  I added mermaid to the occult cluster and adjusted the cluster's worth.   :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2013, 12:54:31 PM »
Does the mascot who bring the "University bucket" to your house count for the University father on the travel cluster?  Wasn't sure if he counted along the same lines as a tourist or if traveling to the University to find the father is the requirement.  I can't recall that I've ever seen the same "visiting mascot" at the university and that individual seems to just become a resident of my town after they drop off the bucket.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2013, 01:29:07 PM »
The mascot is more like a service NPC than anything else. They're tied to the homeworld, and I once saw one chilling at the park long after he delivered the bucket of University goodies. I'll argue for mascots to be included as a service sim in the careers cluster.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2013, 09:50:55 PM »
I think Trip's reasoning is good.  If a sim only appears in the home world, and also has a recognizable "job" an active sim can't do, then I think service sim is the best category for them.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2013, 08:46:11 PM »
This could be crazy talk, but I wanted to check it out anyway.  The woohooer mod has apparently been updated so that s Sim can actually have a baby with a plantsim.  This being the case, would it still be in the spirit of this challenge/project to play with woohooer on just long enough to get the founder pregnant (and probably through delivery) with a plantsim's baby so that it is actually born of her rather than grown by her?   That would add to the challenge, I'd think, in that she'd have to either learn how to grow/create a plantsim (or make a spouse or child do it) and then woo said plantsim after he had grown.  It also poses the challenge that said grown plantsim may be female and the whole growth process may need replicating.  Is that legit within the spirit of this?

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2013, 10:44:18 PM »
Sorry to take so long in response.  I thought I was checking here daily, but evidently not!

I think that if you set a goal for yourself that you don't think is easy in order to add something to the challenge, you're following the spirits of the rules.  I wouldn't want to add it to the rules so as not to require a mod to complete the challenge, but for an individual player, I think that's fine.  :)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2013, 10:48:32 PM »
Sorry to take so long in response.  I thought I was checking here daily, but evidently not!

I think that if you set a goal for yourself that you don't think is easy in order to add something to the challenge, you're following the spirits of the rules.  I wouldn't want to add it to the rules so as not to require a mod to complete the challenge, but for an individual player, I think that's fine.  :)
Great!  Thanks.  I'm glad that it fits the challenge itself in your eyes.  It will be the first time woohooer has come in handy for a story I've done.

jsiberian

« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2013, 10:31:45 PM »
I think in the previous re-write of the rules for the Sims 3 (from forever ago, and I could just be remembering something made up, so forgive me if I'm wrong), you'd be able to add to your score by having children fulfill Lifetime Wishes before leaving the household upon young adulthood. Is that still an option?

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2013, 09:23:40 AM »
jsiberian, it appears that yes, stircraxy did give credit for the original TS3 rewrite for anyone achieving their LTW.  You can find that here if you'd like to take a look.  The link is to Boolprop, where the original TS2 version was published.

For this version, we didn't include that.  This challenge was significantly more difficult in Sims 2 than it is in Sims 3.  That can be said for a lot of things about the game.  In trying to remain true to the core of the challenge, building oodles of relationships and simultaneously raising oodles of children, that just wasn't as important and got cut.  It was never really central to the original rules anyway.  Teenage sims are welcome to complete LTWs and you're welcome to keep any items they earn as a result, but the LTW itself doesn't add any extra points to your score.