Author Topic: Rules: Who's Your Daddy Project  (Read 50443 times)

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
Re: Who's Your Daddy Project
« Reply #75 on: July 09, 2014, 10:14:04 AM »
If our sim is a witch, could we still have the lifespan bonus?

Yes.  Any legitimate (non-mod) means of extending mom's lifespan is allowed.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #76 on: July 09, 2014, 03:58:32 PM »
But it says in the ruleset that that removes lifespan bonus. But a witch has the same lifespan as a normal sim, so wouldn't that be allowed? With a lifespan bonus?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #77 on: July 10, 2014, 10:59:10 AM »
But it says in the ruleset that that removes lifespan bonus. But a witch has the same lifespan as a normal sim, so wouldn't that be allowed? With a lifespan bonus?

Good point.  If a supernatural still has the same lifespan settings as a non-supernatural sim, you can still claim the lifespan bonus.  Thanks for pointing that out, I'll change that.

Offline mistysun978

• Nooboo
« Reply #78 on: July 22, 2014, 01:19:28 AM »
I had a question regarding extending a sim's lifespan. I know it states any method included in the game, but does that mean we can also use the cow plant from EA or is that off limit since it is a store item?

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #79 on: July 23, 2014, 09:50:07 PM »
The cow plant is allowed.  It's still content provided by EA for TS3.  The limitation on methods of extending a sim's lifespan is aimed at mods that would merely switch aging off with zero effort on the simmer's part.

Offline Siergiej

• name ↑ is basically Serge
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #80 on: July 30, 2014, 08:03:17 PM »
Your sim is allowed as much travel as you wish.  Conceptions while traveling are limited to the three required to obtain the travel cluster, one per destination.
The travel cluster has 7 destinations now though. Also, there is some debate about whether or not can you try for baby in campo. I clearly remember simgurus saying, before the addon was published, that it would not be possible by design. Maybe the ruleset should be simply "Conceptions while traveling are limited to one per destination"?
And what about the Boarding Schools cluster, was that idea rejected for good?

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #81 on: July 31, 2014, 10:17:57 AM »
The travel cluster has 7 destinations now though. Also, there is some debate about whether or not can you try for baby in campo. I clearly remember simgurus saying, before the addon was published, that it would not be possible by design. Maybe the ruleset should be simply "Conceptions while traveling are limited to one per destination"?
And what about the Boarding Schools cluster, was that idea rejected for good?

Good idea for the wording on the travel destinations.  Thanks for that.

Do you mean a boarding school cluster as in the father attended the school?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Siergiej

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #82 on: July 31, 2014, 01:12:10 PM »
Do you mean a boarding school cluster as in the father attended the school?
Yes. It was discussed briefly here, and it sounds like fun :)

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #83 on: July 31, 2014, 07:05:24 PM »
Yes. It was discussed briefly here, and it sounds like fun :)

Phew, that was a long time ago.  I guess I stopped thinking about it!  I'm tempted to say "Sims 4 is almost here, nothing is going to change about Sims 3 anymore, so no more updates, so why an addition now?"  BUT, what do you think of adding it to the social group cluster and renaming that, like, Private School/University?

Offline Siergiej

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #84 on: August 01, 2014, 03:40:46 AM »
Well, your challenge has already been around for quite a long time, and there are people who completed it using current ruling, so I can see your point, and it makes sense to me (just not because of the TS4 coming and TS3 halting, but still, fair enough).

For the social group cluster, it seems, the father should work in an University career, which is a rare occurence in the game unless the player puts some effort into it. I think, for this cluster the mother should be level 10 in all social groups (or a popular blogger), get a job in the desired Uni career, wait for coworkers to spawn, woohoo a coworker, 'rinse and repeat'. While it's doable, it is certainly quite challenging. And I can't really compare this to meeting all 5 private school graduates (or 6, to include the public school) -- we can literally bump into those ones on the street without any effort from our side. So, while both tasks are fun, the 'private schools' task would be comparatively so much easier that I don't feel it belongs to the same category as the 'social groups' task.

So yeah, it seems in afterthought that the addition of private schools to the challenge is unneccessary.
Thank you very much for your replies!

P.S. Sorry if this response was possibly not all that clear; English is not my native language.

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #85 on: August 01, 2014, 10:55:51 AM »
No, your response was fine.  If this were a year ago, I think I'd add the private school bit, but I think now it's too late in the game.  Sorry to have forgotten it, but thankfully it's a might big challenge at it is, no shortage of things to balance.

Offline LadyThyme

• Never Dull
  • Nooboo
Re: Rules: Who's Your Daddy Project
« Reply #86 on: August 30, 2017, 12:33:41 PM »
I just wanted to say that I read the rules and Jenn's and hazelnut's stories playing this project, all over the course of the week. I loved it so much that I signed up here, in order to make one of my own.