Author Topic: Script Error when opening launcher  (Read 32446 times)

Offline amyrose

• Immortal
  • Jorja Phoenix
Script Error when opening launcher
« on: July 22, 2012, 09:58:24 AM »
Even since I installed patch 1.36 and the Diesel Stuff Pack this message appears every time I open the launcher:

I have been clicking off it just to make it go away, but is there anyway I can make it so it doesn't appear when opening the launcher? I don't know what it means (I definitely do not have the Computer Whiz trait!)

Any help that anybody could give me would be very much appreciated :)

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2012, 12:09:37 PM »
I get that same message. I thought it had something to do with Internet Explorer so I reinstalled it. It didn't fix it so I still have the error message.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline amyrose

• Immortal
  • Jorja Phoenix
Re: Script Error when opening launcher
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2012, 02:58:32 PM »
When I opened my launcher just now, I didn't get the Script Error message but I did get one saying 'Unable to connect to Origin'. What's going on? As far as I can tell, I can play the game normally, so I don't understand why I am getting these messages.

Offline Roxanne07

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2012, 03:35:15 PM »
I got the same message once. I don't know what it is, but it stopped when I clicked "Yes". I think it was right after I patched up to 1.33.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2012, 05:34:47 PM »
Updated Sept.9.2018

The post linked below gives a tip on how to stop the script error from happening.

Sims 3 Launcher Running in Tray While Playing
https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/Sims-3-launcher-running-in-tray-while-playing/m-p/7010161#M231841

The script error doesn't effect gameplay, meaning you can still play the game. It's just that if you open the launcher at any point during the game, you will need to manually close it down or use Task Manager to close it. Open Task manager (Ctrl-Shift-Esc) search for a file called Sims3Launcher (32 bit) Right click on it and select End Task.

To fix this, see the tip Puzzlezaddict gives. I've tried it and it works really well and I can still add files to the downloads folder and install files.

I get this error every now and again too. I figure it has something to do with the update patch and the launcher program not really communicating with each other that well.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Flynn Arrowstarr

• Administrator
  • Immortal
  • Semi-conscious
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2012, 05:45:39 PM »
The error is in the html page the launcher is trying to display. Clicking Yes to continue running scripts is fine and won't hurt anything. EA will likely fix it in an upcoming site update. :)

Flynn
Check out Flynn's Fineries for houses, Sims and helpful articles.

Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Offline amyrose

• Immortal
  • Jorja Phoenix
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2012, 06:14:31 PM »
Thanks for the replies everyone :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sharpsiren

• Townie
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2012, 06:33:26 PM »
I am also having launcher problems so I hope they fix it. I'm on a Mac so maybe that's why mine says something different. There's no box to click, it just says "Oops!"

Leto85

Supernatural patch error: Error in Script
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2012, 04:51:53 AM »

I got above error after installing the latest patch needed before installing Supernatural. I don't know what it means, but this is a translation in English:

Error occured in script on this page
Line: 18
Sign: 1
Error: Syntaxiserror
Code: 0
Url: http://store.thesims3.com/api/user/balance?
      locale=nl_NL&callback=updateBalanceCallBack

Do you want to continue with continuing the script on this page?

Offline Roxanne07

• Occult
Re: Supernatural patch error: Error in Script
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2012, 08:07:22 AM »
I got that error quite a few times as well. Actually, there's a whole topic about it here. It isn't anything serious, so just keep clicking "Yes" and you'll be fine.

Are you sure you got the error after 1.38 though? That looks like 1.33 to me. ( the EP and SP icons at the bottom )

Leto85

Re: Supernatural patch error: Error in Script
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2012, 08:20:10 AM »
I got that error quite a few times as well. Actually, there's a whole topic about it here. It isn't anything serious, so just keep clicking "Yes" and you'll be fine.

Are you sure you got the error after 1.38 though? That looks like 1.33 to me. ( the EP and SP icons at the bottom )

Thanks for your reply. And to be honest, which patch it was exactly I don't know. Just that it was a patch my fame asked me to install after I have downloaded Supernatural.
I'll check out the link you've provided.

Leto85

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2012, 08:27:15 AM »
It seems I am having the same problem but I thought it had something to do with Supernatural as this messages cane tone right before I wanted to install that expansion.
Since the topic haven't been used the last 60 days at least I am wondering if this problem already have been fixed for you guy.

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2012, 08:49:57 AM »
I see that message every time I open my game. I just hit the little red X and go on.  I've had it for a while now. I can't remember when it started.

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2012, 09:03:37 AM »
I got that error on my old computer when I used Google Chrome. I use Internet Explorer on my new one and I don't get that error message anymore. Just a coincidence?

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2012, 10:08:57 AM »
I used to have this as well but then it just stopped. I don't remember ever going out of my way to fix it though.

I got that error on my old computer when I used Google Chrome. I use Internet Explorer on my new one and I don't get that error message anymore. Just a coincidence?

I use Chrome and don't get that any more.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]