Author Topic: Re: Saltpastillen's Simself legacy "All you can play project"  (Read 13381 times)

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Re: Saltpastillen's Simself legacy "All you can play project"
« on: August 19, 2014, 05:06:20 PM »
This is my documentation of my simself legacy project. Rules can be found here.

I've made a family tree to keep track of what townies I've got in my family tree (mostly so I won't have overlap if I do circle back to the same towns later on. You can view the tree here (warning there might be some spoilers on the family tree).

The starting town is Moonlight Falls:
MF1 It's the sleeping bag for you mister!
MF2 Dating tribulations
MF3 The trouble with conception
MF4 A Grimm visits
MF5 Hogwards next?
MF6 Magical misfires
MF7 Boo! and baby/ies?!
MF8 Intervention anyone?
MF9 Moving in and out
MF10 Ooooh - I don't!
MF11 Breaking up is never easy
MF12 For the love of Peanut
MF13 A new beginning (halfway point)

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 05:06:56 PM »
What EPs are you playing with: All (but with ITF disabled for now)

Unique LTW + sims name:
Mystic Healer - Jonas MacDuff
Zombie Master - Emil MacDuff

Unique LTR + sims name:
Excellent Groupie - Svea MacDuff
Fireproof Homestead - Emil MacDuff
Legendary Host - Jonas MacDuff
Observant - Saltpastillen Simself né MacDuff né Simself

Maxed Skill + sims name (is it supermaxed? If so add a *):
Painting* - Svea MacDuff

Unique Career + Sims name:

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
MF1 It's the sleeping bag for you mister!
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 05:31:35 PM »
Dear diary,

I had a hard time deciding where to settle down, so I randomized all possible towns and ended up with Moonlight Falls as a first choice. I have heard there are lots of weird things going on there - let's see if I can make it!

After running through CAS and the traits randomizer I became evil, proper, artistic, rebellious and a bookworm. The only trait that is true to my former simself is the bookworm trait, but I am already starting to find a footing in my new bad girl persona.

I got myself a cheap and strategically located house close to the center of town. I plan on moving as soon as I get some more money, but will focus on building my career from now on. I met a nice man at City Hall. His name is Chester and he's a police officer, well he was, now he and his daughter are living in my house taking care of me. Bye, bye teenage freedom and hello part-time job. Chester seems smart, so I'll make him work on those potions to make me youngish forever and ever.

BTW, when I was out scoping out the likely procreation prospects it really hit me that I'm not in Sunset Valley anymore...having a zombie offer me drinks is something I won't be blase about for a long while.

While I have been busy working on my painting skill and reached lvl 3 in my career, time has rushed by, and on Leisure Day I found a younger guy that might be the one (Jules MacDuff) he has an interesting brownish yellow frame around his portrait (I think he's a witch but I don't play supernaturals so often so I'm not sure).

We quickly became friends and he gladly accepted my proposal that he move in with us. However, once in the house he became a lot chillier and never wanted to respond to my amorous advances. In anger I made him sleep on the floor like the other two poor souls who reside here with me. He spent the night being miserable, which gave me a nice positive moodlet, it's nice that he gives me some kind of satisfaction after all...

I spend a lot of time working on my painting skill, my sketching skill and at my design table. Sometimes Jules helps me out, as long as there is no funny business. We often fight and he hurts my feelings a lot. I must confess I often walk around feeling humiliated, and finding myself wanting to tell him that. The evil in me cries out to the heavens for an answer as to why I am behaving this way.

And tonight I had the answer...Jules inappropriate trait clashes with my proper trait. Sigh, I now have enough LP to buy a reward, I think the observant will be my LTR of choice, so I can scope out a partner with more finess on my next try...Bailey is now a YA, and I will encourage her to procreate with a townie so that my future offspring may have more luck than me in their search for a mate.

I had a hard time deciding if I should make my simself a fairy or not (since Home Design Hotshot seems very hard on medium lifespan. But, I ended up making her human anyways, since I don't like to age up sims prematurely, and fairy kids take ages to grow up. And if I could get away with wearing this western dance hall dress in real life, you bet you I would do it!

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 06:53:13 PM »
I've played a lot of fairies, and the lifespan is the same as human sims until they reach YA.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2014, 01:02:01 AM »
I've played a lot of fairies, and the lifespan is the same as human sims until they reach YA.

Great to know, shows me that I should have done some research prior to jumping in. But, I guess that just isn't my playstyle :P

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2014, 02:30:36 PM »
Great start so far!  I read over your challenge and it seems super interesting.  I just don't know if I could handle playing as my simself though...might be awkward, but that's just me (literally)  :o  Looking forward to more!

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2014, 02:59:48 PM »
Great start so far!  I read over your challenge and it seems super interesting.  I just don't know if I could handle playing as my simself though...might be awkward, but that's just me (literally)  :o  Looking forward to more!

This is the exact reason I have never played my simself either - I just think it's kind of weird. But I want to try something completely new. Let's just say, I have never feel so personally affronted when playing as when my simself gets rejected by potential partners...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2014, 04:07:25 PM »
I'm going to have to reread your rules for this. I read it on about 3 hours of sleep and it seems super-complicated. I would like to play my YA simself though.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2014, 04:16:42 PM »
I'm going to have to reread your rules for this. I read it on about 3 hours of sleep and it seems super-complicated. I would like to play my YA simself though.

I think I might have made it harder to get than it actually is (each heir has to max a supermax a skill (if you fail you just have to try again), max a career, complete a unique LTW, buy a unique LTR and marry an original townie or descendant of original townie (to keep your sims from starting to look the same gen after gen).

Sims born into the house (relative of founder and born in active household) need to complete unique LTW, buy a unique LTR and stay employed in the same career as long as they live in the house. If they do all those things, you can move them out to create more space for sims. If they fail either the LTW or the LTR requirement, they just need to live out their natural life in the household, their ghost can be left behind. If they fail to keep the same job, they have to live out their natural life in the household and their urn need to be placed so that they can visit any time they choose - they must also travel with the family.

Basically, there really is only one way to fail (no original townie spouse) otherwise you can just do a requirement over and over until you get it right.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
MF2 Dating tribulations
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2014, 02:53:13 PM »
Dear diary,

My quest to find a romantic partner continued. To my dismay I realized that being proper was not an advantage in this town. Dwayne Wolff, a great guy I really hit it off with, was also inappropriate (but he gave me some great artwork to use in my remodels). I tried my luck with a fairy named Branch, who could have guessed they were such slobs? After giving witches, werewolves and faeries a go - I thought vampires would surely be my thing. Imagine my consternation when I was rejected for a kiss by a man named Dante! But fear not for my self esteem, revenge was sweet!

As luck would have it, all my dating disasters made Jules realize I was the woman for him, and with a very romantic first kiss in our tiny bathroom we moved on to more steamy stuff. He's a little hesitant about a permanent relationship, but I think I can make him change his mind. After all, I have proof that our love bears fruit.

I was seriously wondering if Jules and my simself were incapable of producing offspring. It took them 3 days and over 7 try for baby before I could confirm conception. We will be listening to the kids channel, hoping for multiples, because this might be a one time thing...

I am still working my way up the ranks of the designer track. I have now completed 16% of my portfolio and have compensated my evil ways with some charisma skill to make better sales. I have yet to have a bad review. One day when I was cruising home in my police car (great for getting out of traffic tickets, thank you so much Chester!) Jules called me and asked me to meet up on the street next to the festival grounds. What a surprise!

After procuring some midas touch potions he bought me a house, a better place to raise our future kids in! And this man says he is against commitments?! Better yet, he's taken up cooking, so now I don't have to have the "taste of fridge" moodlet when I go to work any more. Did I mention he's decided to stay home and take care of our kid/s? Great initiative!

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2014, 04:55:58 PM »
Excellent start, Salt! I saw your challenge and then saw this story. I might try it at somepoint, but it seems pretty difficult and lengthy so I think I'll read your attempt before even considering doing it myself!
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2014, 02:06:24 AM »
Excellent start, Salt! I saw your challenge and then saw this story. I might try it at somepoint, but it seems pretty difficult and lengthy so I think I'll read your attempt before even considering doing it myself!

Hi bubbles!

I don't know if it will be difficult (probably only the parts where I have to do LTWs I've never completed before, and supermaxing photography of course) but it will be a long game, longer with each expansion you add.

But I think by allowing you to save the family to the library and starting fresh in a new town every 3rd generation the file sizes should be rather manageable and the loading times won't kill me too much. At least i hope so! Also, this should make travel something that could be managed whenever you get a sim with the adventurous trait, something that is impossible on my computer after gen 3.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
MF3 The trouble with conception
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2014, 05:42:26 PM »
Dear diary,

Life in the new house was mostly bliss. I say mostly, because while I was dreaming of career advancements Jules was thinking back on the days before we met when he was a bachelor and free to roam. At least I think that was what he was thinking, I can't be sure, because my raging pregnancy hormones have turned me into quite the paranoid person. Things escalated the day Jules said he never wanted to get married. Somehow I just couldn't understand what he meant. Never?

Bailey has to get along without her dad these days because he's locked in the attic working on a secret project for me. She's joined the military career (and is advancing despite hating work and all the people crowning her, she's a loner). She came home one day with a charming and erudite man, last name Grimm. They really seem to have hit it off.

So, a regular night in our house...Chester working on his potion making, he should have been dead a long time ago (his contemporaries are dropping like flies) but thanks to the magic of the stylist station he is still with us, and still going strong.

Jules is hanging out in the kitchen in his undies, he never covers up more, unless told to, and I am very thankful for that. I always have ample inspiration for my sketches and artwork when he's around.

And up in Bailey's attic bedroom something magical is happening... (After all the trouble I have had getting my simself preggo I was wondering how long getting Bailey knocked up would take - it took only once...I guess my simself is having some low fertility problems.)

One floor down another kind of magic occurred. Our first child was born, he's called Jonas and he's a grumpy couch potato. Not the best and not the worst traits in the world. And he's a witch like his father.

Jules and I both adore our boy, but I had really wished for a girl so we decided to try to get pregnant as soon as possible. 4 days and 10+ try for baby later I became an adult and got wrinkles to my husbands glee. Still no nooboo bump. (Seriously, I don't think I have ever had two as incompatible sims when it comes to trying for baby!) Bailey strutting around with her big belly didn't help, she just made us more and more frustrated. At least Jonas is a bit older now so he can take our minds of our failure to become pregnant. After all, he's a prospective heir, could be the only one we get - so we can't afford to waste time getting him a good start in life.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2014, 03:21:34 PM »
Jonas is so cute!  Nice to see Chauncey Grimm make an appearance.  He has some interesting genetics to say the least.  I started a decadynasty with him and his children look identical to him!  Can't wait to see what Bailey and Chauncey's nooboo looks like  ;D

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2014, 02:40:26 AM »
Jonas is so cute!  Nice to see Chauncey Grimm make an appearance.  He has some interesting genetics to say the least.  I started a decadynasty with him and his children look identical to him!  Can't wait to see what Bailey and Chauncey's nooboo looks like  ;D

I'll be sure to show her in some later pictures :)