Author Topic: [BUG] Soulmate Aspiration - Won't Register Soulmates  (Read 50679 times)

Offline marwolfer

• Occult
[BUG] Soulmate Aspiration - Won't Register Soulmates
« on: February 03, 2015, 12:26:42 PM »
I have two sims who are living together and married. I completed the first two levels of the Aspiration, and now just need them to be soulmates to get to the final milestone. My problem is that they both say they are soulmates (both friendship and romance are as high as possible as well), but it won't register that they are soulmates for the aspiration. Is it bugged or is there something I am missing/can do to fix it? I already saved and exited and reset both sims. Can anyone help?
Origin ID: marwolfer
Check me out on the gallery!!

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
Re: Soulmate Aspiration - Won't Register Soulmates
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2015, 12:50:17 PM »
I've done that aspiration recently and didn't have that problem, so all I can tell you is that it's not bugged in general.  For you, it obviously is.  I wish I knew what the problem was.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Dellena

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2015, 07:55:16 PM »
It sounds bugged.  The easiest fix would be to use the aspirations.complete_current_milestone cheat as you've obviously completed it and I wouldn't really consider it a cheat.

Offline marwolfer

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2015, 03:20:08 PM »
Thanks ya'll. I used the cheat. Then on the final milestone just kept track of all 50 interactions between soulmates (since it still wasn't registering). I'm sure it was just my game that was bugged. :)
Origin ID: marwolfer
Check me out on the gallery!!

Offline Steellace

• Townie
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2015, 03:10:48 PM »
It's not just your game, Marwolfer ... I came looking for a solution to the exact same problem.  I'll use the cheat solution that worked for you and be prepared to do so on the next step.  I'm so glad my couple isn't alone, lol.

Offline IronicBeauty

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2015, 09:48:39 PM »
Apparently this has become somewhat of a typical bug and maybe should be reported as I've been having the same problem.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: [BUG] Soulmate Aspiration - Won't Register Soulmates
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2015, 12:21:19 PM »
It appears this is a known bug.

Romance Aspiration Soulmate "be married to BFF" will not complete.
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Romance-Aspiration-Soulmate-quot-be-married-to-BFF-quot-will-not/td-p/3457911

ClayMask, please correct me if I've gotten the wrong link? There isn't any suggested fixes or work arounds, other than what was given here by Dellena (Thank you!)

-- The easiest fix would be to use the aspirations.complete_current_milestone cheat as you've obviously completed it and I wouldn't really consider it a cheat.

If you find you have this bug, please go over to answer.ea.com using the links above and click the Me Too button.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2015, 03:25:58 PM »
It appears this is a known bug.

Romance Aspiration Soulmate "be married to BFF" will not complete.
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Romance-Aspiration-Soulmate-quot-be-married-to-BFF-quot-will-not/td-p/3457911

ClayMask, please correct me if I've gotten the wrong link? There isn't any suggested fixes or work arounds, other than what was given here by Dellena (Thank you!)

-- The easiest fix would be to use the aspirations.complete_current_milestone cheat as you've obviously completed it and I wouldn't really consider it a cheat.

If you find you have this bug, please go over to answer.ea.com using the links above and click the Me Too button.
I hope you weren't offended by my correcting you about that link before.  You do a great job coming up with all those links.  With the link you gave here, I'm not sure whether or not it addresses the problem that the OP was having, since Marwolfer said the issue was that they wouldn't count as soulmates.  They have to count as soulmates for the third step in the aspiration, which says specifically to "achieve soulmate relationship with spouse."  In the second step they had to have already satisfied the requirement "be married to BFF."  I don't see any bug threads about it, but there may be one and I'm just missing it.  I'm sure your link will help some people though, MrsFlynn. 

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2015, 07:13:36 PM »
Hi ClayMask,

No, not offended. I appreciate the help. Getting correct links are very helpful!!

It seems like a lot of the aspirations are buggy and can't be finished without work arounds. :(

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2015, 06:28:46 PM »
 I am also having a trouble with the Soulmate aspiration's Achieve soulmate relationship with spouse requirement.
In other save files, I've never even noticed this requirement; it just seemed to complete itself while I was trying to ask to be girl/boyfriend, propose, move in, and so forth.
Today, though, I have couple with max Friendship and Romance but their relationship won't change from Sweethearts to Soulmates, no matter what I have them do.

This is just a practice file, so I'm not so fussed but I'd still like to figure it out.
If I use the aspirations.complete cheat, Tier IV has the requirement Do 50 romantic interactions while Soulmates, so the issue persists.
I note that OP is counting the romantic interactions herself.
I tried clearing the cache files, deletiing the Origin App data (Local/Roaming), repairing the game, and traveling to different lots.
Why, I wonder, does my game glitch in one save file and not others?

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2015, 07:36:30 PM »
I am also having a trouble with the Soulmate aspiration's Achieve soulmate relationship with spouse requirement.
In other save files, I've never even noticed this requirement; it just seemed to complete itself while I was trying to ask to be girl/boyfriend, propose, move in, and so forth.
Today, though, I have couple with max Friendship and Romance but their relationship won't change from Sweethearts to Soulmates, no matter what I have them do.

This is just a practice file, so I'm not so fussed but I'd still like to figure it out.
If I use the aspirations.complete cheat, Tier IV has the requirement Do 50 romantic interactions while Soulmates, so the issue persists.
I note that OP is counting the romantic interactions herself.
I tried clearing the cache files, deletiing the Origin App data (Local/Roaming), repairing the game, and traveling to different lots.
Why, I wonder, does my game glitch in one save file and not others?
Maybe they have to be best friends to be soulmates.  Are they best friends?

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2015, 08:41:15 PM »
Maybe they have to be best friends to be soulmates.  Are they best friends?

Thank you for asking.
Their relationship panels are both the same: Sweethearts, Best Friends, and Spouse.
Carl's guide on Romance lists the Soulmate status as 75-100 romance and 60-100 friendship, so I'm not sure what's wrong since it's never happened before.
This is just a practice file, so maybe I'll let their relationship decay then try rebuilding it.
I'm hoping that it's a bug exclusive to this save file. 

Offline christinal3106

• Occult
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2015, 05:00:39 PM »
I just ran into this myself, and I have competed that aspiration so many times.  It has never bugged on me before, but it is now.  My couple is stuck on lovebirds.

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2015, 05:12:39 PM »
I also just ran into this bug today- both romance and friendship bars were maxed, the sims were best friends, no soulmate. Mine finally registered when I traveled to another lot and had them interact. Don't know what to do about the romantic socials- is the person w/ Soulmate initiating the interactions?

I think it might be a save file dependent bug, as I had no problem with this on a different file.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2015, 08:05:03 PM »
I also just ran into this bug today- both romance and friendship bars were maxed, the sims were best friends, no soulmate. Mine finally registered when I traveled to another lot and had them interact. Don't know what to do about the romantic socials- is the person w/ Soulmate initiating the interactions?

I think it might be a save file dependent bug, as I had no problem with this on a different file.
You mentioned that it might be save file dependent. In my problem file, only the (failed dynasty) founder and his spouse had that problem.

On a new file, I noticed that three couples in my household (two had outside-the-household spouses) achieved Soulmates status without any effort on my part.
I wonder if it's a post-patch issue?
At least, the Unsatisfied moodlet (mediocre woohoo) has been fixed....that was annoying until I realized it was a glitch caused by the recent patch.

@officialghosts, thank you for sharing your solution about traveling to a different lot and interacting. I'll try that out next time.