Author Topic: House Downloads  (Read 14545 times)

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
House Downloads
« on: June 21, 2015, 06:53:27 AM »
Let's Build a House! #3 Downloads

This thread exists as an archive of sorts, where each room will be uploaded as it is finished, with a short blurb from each creator as is traditional with this project.

Name: Let's Build a House! #3 shell
Bds/Ba: 4 Bedrooms / 2 Bathrooms
Price On Lot: $58,025. (House Shell/Unfurnished)
Lot size: 60x60
Built on: 15 Summer Hill Court. Sunset Valley
Unique Things: 2 Bedroom ultramodern abode. Sunken garden, private entryway. Largely, but not fully, open floor plan and basement.

I really enjoyed building the shell. I decided to take a few bolder steps than usual - I don't usually build ultramodern homes, so this was a fun one to do!

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
How to Upload the House File
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2015, 10:13:56 PM »
How To: Upload the House File.

1. Click the Reply up by the subject line of this thread.
2. Click on the Words Attachments and other Options, under the message box.
3. Attach the file and then click Save when finished.

-- If you need to know how to save/export Sims 3 files. Here's the howto for that.

How To: Save Sims 3 Files From the Library (Exporting Files)
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,20751.0.html
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
LBAH#3 - Master bedroom
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2016, 04:29:41 PM »
'Red-dy for Woohoo' is the master bedroom of this residence and consists of a sleeping area, changing area and sitting area. Reds abound throughout this 'L' shaped room. Coming through the door, the owners of the property come into their changing area, featuring full length mirrors, a dresser, and his and her matching wardrobes (the bathroom junk holders). The window to this area looks over the sunken garden and this window is covered by curtains for privacy.  Leaving this area, there is a door that goes through to the owners' ensuite.

into the corner of the bedroom is the sitting area. MOO was used to place the wall mounted tv and surrounding curtain on the wall. facing the tv is a loveseat so the happy couple can get themselves into the proper mood with romantic rendezvous. As any sitting room isn't complete without a bookshelf, a bookshelf has been built into this area.

A lexington bed, matching bedside tables and a photographic wall complete the master suite. Look at the following pictures or download the attached document for the floorplan.

Please give me any suggestions for improvements. I wasn't sure if I was able to add in extra windows or not, so I thought I'd play it safe and not add any in.

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
LBAH#3 - Kitchen/Dining room
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2016, 07:56:28 AM »
Here's my (updated) contribution to Let's Build a House 3.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
LBAH#3 - Master Bedroom with Ensuite
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2016, 08:27:28 AM »
Ensuite and Master Bedroom for the house have now been completed.

The following are a couple of pictures.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
LBAH#3 - Foyer
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2016, 01:25:53 AM »
Here's the foyer plus some pics.

Overhead.  I wanted to keep the color scheme going everyone else was using.

This is actually 3 fountains I moo-ed together with some plants.  The big open space needed something to break it up and I wanted to bring the outside view in.

Close up of one of the seating areas.

What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
LBAH#3 - Reception/Entertainment Room
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2016, 09:05:33 PM »
I also went with the theme of the house, Black/White/Red/Grey and took my inspiration from Joria's room. I would have liked to add more plants, but my knowledge of the MoveObjects cheat is lacking.

I hope you like what I've done. I'm pretty impressed with it. It turned out better than I thought it would. :)

Here are some photos:

–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Indira

• Occult
LBAH#3 - Livingroom
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2016, 10:46:11 PM »
This is my first time to decorate a room in Sims 3 from scratch. My usual method before was simply to exchange old furniture with newer and more expensive ones. And then fill it to the brim with relics I get from World Adventures.

My initial plan was to place a fireplace to stand as a central figure in the large living room, but it ruined the figure of the house from the outside. It was scratched. Next I figured on placing a piano instead...and I didn't find the piano. Oh dear...another idea scratched. Finally, I hit on the idea to compartmentalized the big living room into different zones.

First was the quiet corner, where a sim can sit quietly and read a book or have a tete-a-tete with a close friend.

Second was the larger seating area where the sim can entertain a much larger crowd.

Another corner was reserved for gaming and/or movie/TV viewing. The sofa used were more comfortable  and casual looking. It is totally unacceptable to have stiff chairs when you are playing with a console.

Last is the long hallway that provides entry into the basement and inner courtyard, as well as another exit out of the house. I didn't want to clutter it much with unnecessary furniture so I kept it as simple as possible. The large windows into the inner courtyard will be enough to provide good view later on.

I hope I did okay. I'd be interested to do a second room if there will still be any available. :)

--EDIT--
I just noticed that I didn't placed a door connecting the living room to the study. I moved around a few things to rectify this and attached a new file to the modified version.
---------

Living room floor plan

Quiet corner

Formal seating area

Gaming/TV corner

Long Hallway

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
LBAH#3 - Study/Hobby Room
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2016, 07:22:58 AM »
The study/hobby room has now been completed. I used a red carpet and black and white walls, to ensure the room was in keeping with the rest of the house. To break up the monotony of the red carpet, I used a number of different rugs and coloured them red/black and white in different combinations, in places I put a smaller rug on top of a larger rug.

Overhead view of the Study/Hobby Room.

The room includes a desk and computer, a music system, a chess setting, a bookcase, lounge chairs and a paint easel. There is also a toy box and a Genesis Building Blocks Table for the younger members of the family.

view towards the painting easel.

Wall decorations, plants, statues, office supplies, a fish tank and a dvd stack decorate the study/hobby room and lights and windows ensure the room is well lit by day and night.

This Medusa Victim can keep an eye on the children and toddlers while playing and also proof read the writing of any novelists in the family.

This room was enjoyable to do and I'm getting more adventurous with my designs.

Shot towards the chess setting.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
LBAH#3 - Entryway
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2016, 05:28:28 PM »
Here's what I've done for the entryway. Boxwood bushes and bamboo trees for the garden area, some potted plants for more greenery and decoration, and of course the fountain up by the street. :)

Entryway 1 -

Entryway 2 -

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
LBAH#3 - Bedroom #2 and Bathroom
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2016, 03:57:50 PM »
This is my take on Bedroom No. 2 and the nearby Bathroom.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
LBAH#3 - Landing/Sitting Area and Hallway
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2016, 07:00:15 PM »
I took my inspiration from all over the house this time. My rooms were the landing and what I am calling the sitting area and hallway. I also created a bathroom at the end of the landing area. I wanted to leave the long wall in the landing room free for paintings.

Here are my photos:

Overview

Landing Pt.1

Landing Pt.2

Bathroom#3

Sitting Area

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
LBAH#3 - Yard "Sketch"
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2016, 11:07:41 AM »
In my last update pm I mentioned that I was going to take the weekend and "sketch" out in-game what I was thinking as far as the yard and landscaping went. I shared it with Joria. And she like it and said we should go with it. So why not!! :)

Here are some photos of my "sketch"

Front

Leftside

Pool Area

Kids Area (made with Generation kids items)

Greenhouse w/sitting area and bathroom

BBQ Area

Some of the trees are from Supernatural - Cottonwood trees I think they are. The rest of the trees are from base game. I haven't furnished any of the areas w/exception of the kids area. I left free flooring in the green house as I'm not quite sure how to work a greenhouse. As the green houses I've made in my saved games are all just grass with the harvestables planted, and my Sims get an unfinished moodlet while gardening in them.

Greenhouse is 14 squares by 12 squares. We also have a little harvestable garden space right across from the greenhouse.

We can add the carpet from ItF later to help with the greenhouse to be able to have harvestables planted in it.

So now all that needs to be done with the yard is furnishing and decorating it. :)

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
Re: House Downloads
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2016, 03:28:18 PM »
Very nice Mrs Flynn

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
LBAH#3 - Library
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2016, 02:34:50 PM »
The library is done.  I went with a more traditional, leather and pipe smoke kind of concept.  The EP/SP I used are:  Into the Future, University Life, Ambitions, Supernatural, Generations, Late Night, Pets, Seasons and 70's, 80's, 90's Stuff.  I recolored wall and carpet with standard game patterns.  No cc of course.

Library #1

Library #2

Library #3

What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

anything