Author Topic: The Townsend Legacy (complete)  (Read 32624 times)

Offline Alex

• Occult
The Townsend Legacy (complete)
« on: August 01, 2015, 06:18:51 AM »
Scoring etc:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Townsend family tree

Offline Alex

• Occult
Re: The Townsend Legacy
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2015, 06:19:44 AM »
Meet Tallahassee Townsend, who prefers to be known as Tally. Can’t imagine why ;)

In a previous incarnation she founded a Sims 2 legacy challenge which fell victim to a broken laptop. Sims 2 Tally randomly rolled the Romance aspiration and the LTW to have 25 loves at once, much to my horror, and then turned out to be one of the most fun Sims I’ve played. She earned a perfect GPA, partly due to slightly unsavoury relationships with her professors, and went on to max the show business career. She eventually settled down with her twenty-seventh woohoo partner, and they raised five remarkably well-adjusted kids together.

Sims 3 Tally is flirty, charismatic and irresistible, has star quality, and is rumoured to be a great kisser. Her major aim in life is to become a Master Romancer.

Tally moved into the usual legacy lot in Sunset Valley (the equestrian centre has been swapped out for the smaller version).

Like her namesake, her first task was to get a job in the film career, but that mostly consisted of her having pathing issues and having to ‘Go here’ a lot, so I didn’t get a screenshot.

Then she set about learning to paint. Initially she wasn’t impressed...

...but soon decided that sketching might be her sort of thing after all.

Having broken the ice, she started getting to know the neighbours.

Rather well, in some cases...

I believe the official list for LTW-granting purposes was Monika Morris in the Working Friends’ shower, Christopher Steel in Tally’s bed, Molly French at City Hall, Blair Wainwright in a treehouse, and (later that day) Blair’s father Boyd at the military base. Other seductees included Narcissa Vatos (Tally’s shower), Hank Goddard (he’s the one being led into the haystack), Pauline Wan (in her own bed before Hank got back), and Bebe Hart (at the gym).

Busy week, all in all.

The paparazzi should have had a field day. Instead, this guy caught fire as Tally was having a pre-work shower, stood around all day screaming with his backside on fire, then finally popped his clogs once she got home.

Tal’s, um, lifestyle had inevitable consequences:

Meet Richmond. Thanks to the ‘Be with mother’ action, there is little doubt who his father is, although that didn’t stop the surviving paparazzi from speculating.

Hank was delighted with Richmond, and started hanging around a lot. Tally invited him over to celebrate her birthday, and he stuck around thereafter.

(Why yes, their ‘celebrating’ did result in Hank walking around in his PJs.)

Very briefly, they even tried making things official and ‘being together for the kids’.

It didn’t work out.

Once they stopped trying to be a couple, though, they settled down to a strange relationship that seemed to work pretty well.

Hank hit on half the neighbourhood:

While Tally seduced the other half:

And once the visitors had gone home, both of them ignored the single bed in favour of this:

But it’s all totally platonic. Honest.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2015, 11:03:15 AM »
Tally is really pretty! And, oddly, Hank and Tally seem to have a good working relationship seducing the neighborhood, lol :)

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2015, 02:38:09 PM »
I loved the part where she 'decided that sketching might be her sort of thing after all.'  Is that Cycl0n3 posing starkers in the middle of town?  Of course, he is inappropriate: he probably enjoyed it :D.

Hank's a great dad; just not so good at the whole husband thing.  But then Tally's evidently not the wifely type.  It looks like a perfect match  :P.

Offline Alex

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2015, 03:39:40 PM »
Tally is really pretty! And, oddly, Hank and Tally seem to have a good working relationship seducing the neighborhood, lol :)

Tal says thanks :)

I don't quite understand their relationship, but it seems to be working for them.

I loved the part where she 'decided that sketching might be her sort of thing after all.'  Is that Cycl0n3 posing starkers in the middle of town?  Of course, he is inappropriate: he probably enjoyed it :D.

Hank's a great dad; just not so good at the whole husband thing.  But then Tally's evidently not the wifely type.  It looks like a perfect match  :P.

Yep, that's Cycl0n3 - and they'd only just met. They really hit it off, though - I originally planned for him to be Richmond's dad, but I thought Hank would do a better job of establishing a garden than Cycl0n3. (Also, typing his name all the time would drive me nuts.)

Offline Alex

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2015, 06:40:50 AM »
Richmond aged up to toddler and seemed to get all of his genetics from Tally.

He had a very happy toddlerhood, doted on by both parents and that rare beast, a really competent babysitter.

Although his bottle seemed to be his favourite companion of all:

Both parents took time out of their busy lives to teach him stuff. Tal taught him to talk while Hank took care of essential business at the park:

And then they took a family trip to the library:

They were happy years for everybody, and Tal in particular was very unimpressed when Richmond’s toddlerhood ended.

He appears to have Tally’s rather girly features to go with her colouring. Richmond selected some plain-glass glasses to hide the long eyelashes behind.

As a child, Richmond suddenly seemed to become rather more aware of his parents’ exploits, and wasn’t entirely sure what to make of them.

He tried to take his mind off it with hobbies and playing.

Tal and Hank finally scraped together enough cash to build a house with space for everybody.

Richmond had his pick of bedrooms – and selected this one.

A brave equestrian, his favourite games became chasing bandits and saving helpless maidens with the assistance of a variety of noble steeds.

Alas, it was soon time for another birthday – this time shared with Hank.

Tal spent an enjoyable evening convincing Hank that his grey hair made him look distinguished.

And Richmond? I think the rumours about his parents’ love lives and the stress of the paparazzi finally got to him.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
Re: The Townsend Legacy (updated 2/8/15)
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2015, 01:00:42 PM »
Oh my, the babysitter looks like Goldenrod from my decadynasty  :o

And Richmond is quite handsome, even with his girly eyelashes :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Alex

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2015, 04:00:25 PM »
Oh my, the babysitter looks like Goldenrod from my decadynasty  :o

And Richmond is quite handsome, even with his girly eyelashes :)

So he does! I'm trying to remember his name - fairly sure it wasn't Goldenrod :)

Offline Alex

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2015, 04:30:55 PM »
Richmond moved into a new room more befitting his new look.

Tally had her elder birthday – and didn’t like it.

She gave Richmond her old guitar to try and cheer him up a bit. I’d had a passing plan to get her to play for tips to earn cash, but celeb opportunities + Opportunistic turned out to be far more lucrative, so the guitar had been sitting in her inventory gathering dust for years. Richmond was delighted with it.

I was less delighted when he got some drums to go with it. So. Loud.

And at that point, he decided he wanted to be a One Man Band. He called it Moses Basket of Filth.

Tally took to spending a lot of time outside in the quiet hot tub. Can’t say I blame her.

Richmond’s birthday arrived. (Pay no attention to the motive fail – he was having a birthday-morning cake to spare him the indignity of passing out at school.)

He acquired a colourful and varied wardrobe.

Tally and Hank remain Just Friends, as ever.

Richmond was eventually driven outside out of sheer embarrassment, where he met Lynn Ursine, who’s an artistic virtuoso just like him. He invited her round to meet his family.

There’s something about that leopard print mirror that makes sims want to be romantic.

Lynn joined the household, and was partway through a makeover when birthday sparkles hit.

Richmond asked her to go steady, and then as a true show of commitment, invited her to join Moses Basket. Lynn was touched.

And as a legacy heir, the next step was obvious.

What could possibly spoil their happiness?

Oh yeah. That.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2015, 02:23:19 PM »
I'm not sure whether I find Goth!Richmond scary or hilarious.  He certainly doesn't look girly any more, despite the long hair and make-up ;).

RIP, Hank :(.

Offline Alex

• Occult
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2015, 02:35:22 PM »
I'm not sure whether I find Goth!Richmond scary or hilarious.  He certainly doesn't look girly any more, despite the long hair and make-up ;).

RIP, Hank :(.

I generally go with hilarious - he has that goofy grin too much to be scary, despite the makeup.

That isn't Hank! (Hank's the one in the overalls in the final picture.) That's a random paparazzo who had the cheek to drop dead and spoil the pretty proposal. (He was also a family friend, though, and an ex of both Hank and Tally - who in the verse ain't? - so they were all pretty sad.)

Offline Alex

• Occult
Re: The Townsend Legacy (updated 3/8/15)
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2015, 02:49:23 PM »
Richmond and Lynn had a small wedding in the back garden, attended only by Tally, Hank and Claire.

Tally seems to have definite plans for them...

While their parents enjoyed an informal wedding breakfast on the patio, the happy couple slipped away upstairs. Lynn thought she heard chimes.

Surely this time they’d be allowed to be happy without any close friends dropping dead?

Of course not.

RIP, Hank Goddard :( Tal was devastated. I don’t think she and Hank ever really worked out what their relationship was, but it whatever it was, she missed him.

Lynn got confirmation of the chimes she thought she’d heard.

And she managed to let Hank know he was going to be a grandpa.

She wasn’t the only one pleased to see him.

Baby Brain seemed to hit Lynn – or at least, I can’t think of any other explanation for this.

Fortunately, there’s a cure for that.

Richmond proved to be less than helpful.

And poor Lynn spent the rest of her labour alternating between being in agony and plotting what she’d like to do to Richmond once she could catch him.

Whatever it is, I don’t think it’s going to be pretty.

Fortunately, a distraction arrived in the form of baby Helena.

Lynn was besotted for about five minutes, then seemed to abruptly change her mind.

Although Helena did have her uses.

Poor Helena :( At least Granny Tally loves her.

And in weird news, there was an attempt at burglary by a burglar with a swag bag full of costumes.

First the traditional burglar outfit:

Then a change into swimwear:

And after Richmond had finished beating him to a pulp, he changed again. I can only hope this is a disguise and not what he wears for everyday.

Can anybody shine any light on what the heck was going on there? ???

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2015, 03:43:34 PM »
Fascinating! I've never seen a burglar change clothes like that. And I definitely agree with you; that suit has to be a disguise otherwise...eww.

There is something oddly hilarious about Lynn plotting to destroy Richmond while in labor  :o

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2015, 04:34:55 PM »
Oops, sorry.  Not sure why I thought it was Hank before.  I'd noticed him in the repo-man's outfit in an earlier screenshot, too  :-[.

Lynn certainly went one better than the classic 'This is all your fault!' of women in labour.  I don't envy Richmond  ;).

No idea about the burglar either.  I've never seen them change their clothes before.  Maybe it was one of Hank's ex-colleagues, deep undercover?

Offline Alex

• Occult
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2015, 06:28:07 PM »
Fascinating! I've never seen a burglar change clothes like that. And I definitely agree with you; that suit has to be a disguise otherwise...eww.

There is something oddly hilarious about Lynn plotting to destroy Richmond while in labor  :o

It's not a bad disguise, really - no self-respecting burglar would wear anything that bright, or that eww.

I know :D I don't know whether that's typical Evil behaviour and I've just never noticed it before, but it was a far more entertaining labour to watch than the usual screaming, hand-waving panic.

Oops, sorry.  Not sure why I thought it was Hank before.  I'd noticed him in the repo-man's outfit in an earlier screenshot, too  :-[.

Lynn certainly went one better than the classic 'This is all your fault!' of women in labour.  I don't envy Richmond  ;).

No idea about the burglar either.  I've never seen them change their clothes before.  Maybe it was one of Hank's ex-colleagues, deep undercover?

Eh, you only offed Hank one day too early. That's his Dynamic DNA Profiler uniform - I hadn't noticed that it's the same as the repoman uniform until now.