Author Topic: [BUG] Wrong Creators name in the gallery *Possible Fixes*  (Read 7638 times)

Offline Steellace

• Townie
[BUG] Wrong Creators name in the gallery *Possible Fixes*
« on: October 29, 2015, 10:29:02 PM »
I haven't really gotten into building from scratch in Sims 4 yet, but I recently decided that it was time I did.  I started a new game, created a new sim to start with, put her on a lot (because you're forced to do that), and then went into manage worlds where I proceeded to demolish all of the houses in all the towns.  My plan was to continue using this file whenever I wanted to build, and then save my final creation to my library to have available for other active games.

From that point, I picked a big lot that was now empty and started building.  When I was finally happy with my residence, I saved it to my library (not published to gallery, just saved to library).  When I went into the gallery, I clicked on the library tab and then sorted by "mine."  Some sims showed up, but no lot.  I made sure that CC was on, and still no lot.  So, I sorted by "all" instead of "mine," and there was my house.  My problem is that when I click on it, it shows that the original creator was someone else, not me!  (Yes, I was logged into both Origin and the gallery.)

Can anyone tell me why this happened?  I hadn't put any downloaded lots into this town, they were all Maxis created ones that I demolished before building.  Can I fix it?  How can I stop it from happening?  I don't want to have to sort through things I've downloaded to find those that I've created myself.  And if I decide to upload to the gallery, it won't show under my own page, will it?  Help?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Wrong Creators name in the gallery
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2015, 11:30:12 PM »
This is a known bug.  If you find you have this bug, please go over to answer.ea.com using the link below and on the first post you should see a Me Too button under it. Click it to help show that others are having similar issues and hopefully that should help get it some attention.

[FIXED] Wrong Creators name in the gallery 
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/FIXED-Wrong-Creators-name-in-the-gallery/td-p/4524122

The link above states that this issue has been fixed. However, if you're still experiencing this or a similar issue please see the tips below to see if they help.

Updated: April.30.2016

** This is still happening in some player's games. Please take a look at the tips below if you experience this bug. If anyone knows anymore tips, please let us know!! :)

See the tips below for work-arounds:

Tip from Indira -
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,24998.msg425948.html#msg425948

Tip from Dellena -
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,24998.msg426510.html#msg426510

Tip from Tapioca -
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,24998.msg430807.html#msg430807

Tip from Twinmum -
How to prevent lots built on bulldozed lots being credited to CSM_PersonalName.
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,21612.0.html
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Steellace

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2015, 11:40:02 PM »
Thanks, MrsFlynn, for the link.  It seems that Newcrest is a common thread for those that reported, but that's not where I was building.  Also, the suggestion was made to start a new game with no downloaded lots, and I did that.  I did, however, download a couple of rooms while creating the build, but I'm not sure how it would have picked just one of the room designers over the others to credit, nor do I think the one it credited was a creator I used.  It's just weird.  When I have time, I'm going to try saving my rooms and putting them in a new save on a new lot, saving at stages to see if and when it moves credit to someone else.  It's just a strange bug that it picks some random person to credit!  If anyone knows of a way to avoid this bug from the beginning, please be sure to share.  Thanks!

Offline Indira

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2015, 06:59:56 PM »
Try also the following when you first started to build your lot.

1. Save as New File instead of overwriting
-you can just delete on your gallery later the other previous copies
-i often save as new file in the course of building the lot
2. Change the Lot name in the Info panel
-i did this only once in the beginning
3. Change the name of Lot when you're saving it to gallery
-i did this only once in the beginning

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Steellace

• Townie
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2015, 09:33:46 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions, Indria!

I didn't do #1 because I waited until I was done with the build before saving it to the library.  Maybe saving it to the library periodically while creating will help stop it from changing, and I'll definitely try that next time. 

I definitely did #2 in the beginning as it had the Maxis name for the lot when I started. 

I didn't do #3 either as I've not published anything in the gallery, just saved in the library portion.  And when I saved it there, it had the name I'd given to the lot at the beginning.

It would just be great if we could see the original creator field while we are building so we can either change it (wishful thinking) or start over if it hasn't reset.  I appreciate any suggestions anyone has and will be happy to try them as I build more.  :-)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2015, 11:58:59 AM »
Is this the case only when there are bulldozed lots or all the time?
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Steellace

• Townie
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2015, 10:36:56 AM »
At the moment for me, it seems to happen randomly.  I've bulldozed lots and started building, I've bulldozed lots and left the game before coming back to build, I've downloaded lots from the gallery and modified (or not), and I've started a lot and used rooms from the gallery.  So far, there doesn't seem to be any one thing that causes it to assign me or someone else as the original creator as I've had it do both for everything I've tried. 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Indira

• Occult
Wrong Creators name in the gallery
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2015, 03:24:25 PM »
It's possibly happening more with the bulldozed lots. Those had houses created originally by a Maxis house-creator or whatever you call those people. As I understand it, if one simply overwrites the file on those lots, it will still record the Original Creator's name. Hence, I save my file as a 'New Save File', changing Lot names and other info that I could think of.

I could be wrong, but Crincrict (not sure of spelling) mentioned something of the like in his website. But he didn't really mention anything to help with how to solve the problem, which actually stressed me that time as I was experiencing the bug myself. I'm running out of time to search it on the net to link here as I'm about to go somewhere. I will do so later when I get back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2015, 02:34:59 PM »
Thanks, Indira.  I think I'll go bulldoze everything in a new file, build and see what happens.  There have been a lot of complaints from people "stealing" others creations so maybe it's just the bug and not theft.  I normally save as a new file but I think I'll give it a shot the other way just to see what happens, (overwrite).

----------
My No Buy Story

Dellena

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2015, 06:57:42 PM »
Here's another suggestion.  Newcrest is totally blank and has most of the different lot sizes.  Since nothing is built on those lots, there's no 'owner'.  Nothing to bulldoze.  So use those lots to build your creations and save to your library and the gallery.  The only one missing is the 50 x 50 lot size.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2015, 04:26:07 PM »
Good tip, Dellena.  I personally often use Newcrest as the place to build.  If I want my house to be on the biggest lot available in game, I just build in Newcrest, save to library, go bulldoze one of the two largest lots and then download my created lot to that larger lot and then save it to the gallery on the bigger lot.  It seems like a nuisance but it works for me.  So far all my lots show up with me as creator.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Tapioca

• Nooboo
Re: Wrong Creators name in the gallery *Possible Fixes*
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2015, 04:46:11 PM »
I have found that if I download a Maxis-made house, then bulldoze it a couple of times that "cleans" the lot for me, and I'm then allowed to build a house of my own with my own name attached. It has to be a Maxis house, though, not just one of those approved by Maxis or whatever that is called. Just pick a real old Maxis house to bulldoze. Odd how that works, but it does.

anything