Author Topic: The Nishijima Immortal Dynasty: If at First You Don't Succeed (Completed)  (Read 57551 times)

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: The Nishijima Dynasty: Nanami Quits!!! (New Feb 28-ish)
« Reply #120 on: March 05, 2016, 01:55:47 PM »
I'm here too, Oshizu.  Sometimes I end up reading an update at work or on my cell phone and I can't comment right away XD Or I forget to comment later on.  So sorry!  But I'm definitely here and definitely reading ^^ 

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #121 on: March 06, 2016, 01:20:32 AM »
@Shewolf13
Thank you for your thoughtful words! I see that you are online now and hope that means we will soon have more news about the life of our favorite love-bug!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #122 on: March 06, 2016, 01:31:28 AM »
@oshizu

Not tonight, unfortunately. Need to get more game time to get some more shots, (got distracted by building for the new building contest) but should have something tomorrow ^^

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Generation 8f: Grilled Cheese or Girlfriend?
« Reply #123 on: March 06, 2016, 01:58:19 AM »
Generation 8f: Grilled Cheese or Girlfriend? (March 5)

It's me again, Takao, the eighth heir. Life goes on as usual in the Nishijima household.
I finish writing the second of my required four songs—songwriting is an excruciatingly slow process when you’ve got an impatient Watcher like ours.
Based on what I’ve seen of our world so far, there aren’t any unrelated female sims my age. Which is a shame, because I’d planned on doing Soulmate as my second aspiration.
Well, I’m still a teen so there’s a chance that the world will suddenly spawn a selection of viable candidates, as in the case of Gen4 Grandpa Minoru.
As a backup plan, though, I’m going to eat three plates of grilled cheese sammies this morning before school.

Mom spends her days pampering Dad. On one hand, she wants the days to pass quickly so she can complete her dynasty requirements and become an immortal.
But even more than that, she wants time to stand still so that her moments with Chad might last forever.

In some ways, Mom has been fortunate. Because I, as the eight heir, won’t need to be moving in a spouse, Mom could choose a younger partner.
Seems like most of the heirs lost their spouses soon after their child was born. And now that she’s finished all but her friendship requirement, she can spend every moment with Dad.
And that expression on Dad’s face whenever he’s with Mom! You know he couldn’t love her any more than he already does. Mom’s just as bad!
Gosh, they’re like teenagers—look at them snuggling on the couch in the garden!
Oh wait, I'm a teenager!  What the heck's wrong with my life?

The lovebirds have hit the sauna! Really? Why bother? Those two can steam up a room all by themselves!
Seriously, though, Mom’s looking incredibly happy these days. Retirement really suits them both!

Gen4 Grandpa Minoru gets home from work at the same time I’m home from school. Feels really great to be done with school for the day! Nope, no text messages…
This morning, I couldn’t eat three grilled cheese sandwiches in two hours, so I’m eager to try that again.

Let me go say hi to the ‘rents.  Oh, there they are.  No surprise, really.
Hello. Remember me, Mom and Dad? Your son?!
W: As much as I love that hairstyle on Nanami, its drawback is that it hides one side of her face.
So if I want to show her facial expression, I can only take photos from one side. Just saying.

What? You want to know if this chapter’s just going to be a spamfest of screenshots of the happy couple? Maybe…maybe not…
Grandpa Koetsu painted a portrait of me for the museum and Watchette finally remembers to include Grandpa’s face in her screenshot of the painting.
Koetsu: Thanks, Watchette. I appreciate the gesture. And, by the way, it’s a masterpiece!

While I’m working on the Musical Genius aspiration’s “Play an instrument for 75 hours” milestone, The Founder and Grandpa both paint portraits of me playing the guitar.
Just at the moment I get the pop up for having completed Musical Genius, we hear that little chiming notification of a masterpiece.
Both The Founder and Grandpa have painted masterpieces. Some timing, huh?

I’m working on the “Eat 10 grilled cheese sandwiches milestones" a little at a time, whenever I’m even a bit hungry, actually.
Though two hours wasn’t enough time to unlock the Grilled Cheese aspiration this morning, I unlocked it after returning from school by eating those three half-eaten servings that I couldn’t finish off in the morning.
W: Yeah, I’d been saving Soulmate for you, darling Takao, but we have yet to meet even one sim your age.
And since you’re Generation 8, I don’t want to saddle you with a much older woman just for the sake of finishing an aspiration. So, Grilled Cheese Sammies, lots of them!

Takao: Thanks for letting me find a love of my own…

The elders have found a new favorite pastime! Besides fishing (that is, off-lot exile), meditating, and giving each other massages, the Nishijima elders can now enjoy movies!
Thank you, Movie Hangout Stuff Pack! While watching movies, the elders can socialize and they’re also close to the showers! 
Hmmm, it would be nice to have an outdoor theater on the back patio….
W: I’ll think about it. Did you realize you’re the only one in the household with Level zero Fitness?
Hey, hey! I still need to eat 15 more sammies for this new aspiration! I’m just a teen so there’s time for me to get fit later (I hope).

So, Watchette, I met this really nice young adult named Raquel Refuerzo.
W: And?
You know, I’ll be a young adult in just two days and, honestly, if I had to choose between eating 15 more sammies or doing 50 romantic interactions with Raquel…
You see where I’m going with this?
W: I hear you, Big T. You two are already good friends, so let’s hope she’s still around in two days. She delivers the mail, so it should be okay.
*Takao crosses his fingers and toes, while grinning like an idiot
W: Takao, you little scoundrel!  You did NOT just kick your father out of your little club and add Raquel instead!!!
T: Heh, heh, heh.  Butt out, Watchette! Can’t you see Raquel and I are having a deep convo about trash cans? 
But her traits are Genius, Hates Children, and Glutton.  Good thing I don’t have to live with her, but still…
W: Keep looking?
T: You bet.

I check my relationship panel and notice Ariana Carson. When I invite her over, I learn she’s a teen.
She must be a student I met at high school after Watchette started clicking “Make friends” instead of “Study hard" two days ago.
Darn, Watchette! I wish you’d started letting me “Make friends” earlier!
Anyway, Ariana’s pretty cute, but her traits are Romantic and Insane. Meh.
W: Aren’t you moving a little fast there, tiger? It’s not like she’s the only teen female left on the planet.
Back off, Watchette. Ariana’s already my girlfriend! I thought I’d never meet anyone my age!
First kiss!

While I’m busy socializing out front, the elders are having ambrosia. And no, Mom’s not having ambrosia, too. She’s just sitting and chatting with the elders while they eat.
Later in the evening, I go out to the Narwahl Arms Club with Mom, Dad, and some of the family.
Mom makes a few friends and so do I, but I don’t meet any potential romantic interests.

We rush home from the club around 11 pm when I realize it's time to age up. No party. I just celebrate my birthday quietly with my family.
That is, if being surrounded by those crazy elders could ever be described as “quiet.” I am now a young adult!!!
The first thing I do is get a job in the Entertainer career. I want to be a Musician!

Two days later, it's my first day of work, but I don’t start work for four more hours. I check my relationship panel and two sims are missing!
My first love, the young adult Raquel Refuerzo, and my first girlfriend, the teen Ariana Carson, have both left town! (W: They got culled after one day!)
Then, I notice a name I don’t recognize—Yasmine Hunt. Was she that cute DJ at the club last night? I invite her over.

Yasmine’s even prettier than I remembered! She’s in a very flirty mood and her pink glow tips me off that she’s an alien.
Even though I’m only a quarter alien (my grandmother was a full alien and Mom is a hybrid), I can still do that secret handshake.
She is insane and non-committal. Why does every woman I meet lately have such undesirable traits?

I want to show her our cool sauna room. As we head for the stairs, we hear a commotion in the living room. Oh Dad!
The entire household is in an uproar. I leave for work in a Very Sad mood, leaving behind my family deep in mourning. 

As for Mom, she has taken to wearing black clothing. She has shorn off the braids that Dad so adored and had her facial tattoos dyed a dark grey.
Mom is taking Dad’s death extremely hard. That surprises no one. Her life will never be the same.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: The Nishijima Dynasty: Grilled Cheese or Girlfriend? (New - March 5)
« Reply #124 on: March 06, 2016, 02:12:23 AM »
Oh no! So sad! RIP Chad. Those shots of her on black is heartbreaking!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #125 on: March 06, 2016, 03:02:08 AM »
@Shewolf13
Yes, the sad, sad widow. I really wanted her to wear a little black hat with a veil but I don't use cc.
Nanami and Chad were the two most autonomously affectionate pair of sims I'd ever had.

I'm excited to hear you will soon be posting another chapter of your FRC!

Offline tjtemple

• Occult
« Reply #126 on: March 06, 2016, 07:48:40 AM »
Oh woe, poor Nanami  :'(  :'(  But I have to say she's totally rocking the widow look!  Great chapter, thank you... made my day to see there was an update from the Nishjimas :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #127 on: March 06, 2016, 01:25:59 PM »
Its great to be back! Yeah, work is hectic but I have to make time for my friends here! I'll be 33 on the 14th O_O I'm so oooold!

RIP Chad *sob* you will be missed!

Wait... There's an @Shewolf13 story that I don't know about?!? How long have I been gone O_O

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #128 on: March 06, 2016, 04:58:05 PM »
I finally got caught up. I didn't want to comment until I did. I'm really enjoying this - the happy, the sad, the immoral. You're so close to being done.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #129 on: March 06, 2016, 07:46:35 PM »
Oh what a chapter. I was so excited that gen 8 has only 40 more days to go but... Chad.  :'( Poor Nanami, poor watcher.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #130 on: March 06, 2016, 08:23:19 PM »
@KRae
Thank you for reading. I learn so much from reading your stories, how to capture scenes that speak for themselves. I end up writing too much.  :)
I'm also understanding why you enjoy the Family Empire Challenge more than an Immortal Dynasty.
Flip and Isla stay forever young, yet you can save all those gorgeous children to your library.

@Playalot
Thank you for saying out loud that Nanami's grief is actually the Watcher's (though I decided against dressing in black--I would get locked away).
Besides ageing, the only requirements left are Gen8's job and friends.
Now, if only I can just avoid making some fatal error...

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
« Reply #131 on: March 06, 2016, 08:43:40 PM »
You're so close! I've been reading with bated breath until your success. I have no doubt you will make it!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #133 on: March 06, 2016, 11:56:40 PM »
@JudesSims
As of this very moment, Gen8 is 35 days away from elderhood. It still seems quite far away!  I am walking on thin ice.
But I've decided on my parents for the Wonder Child Challenge, hehe.

@FrancescaFiori
Thank you for caring about Chad! His twin (stripped of skills and traits) may appear in a different challenge next.  :D
Chad thanks you again from beyond the grave! You rescued him from the fate of being forever stuck wearing that horrid red sweater-and-green-pants outfit.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Just Waiting 01: How Romantic is Your Cereal?
« Reply #134 on: March 07, 2016, 01:12:51 AM »
Watchette here. I just wanted to explain about the title.
From here on out, I will be using "The Waiting Years" instead of the generation number and a lowercase letter.
Although the remaining chapters (whether I successfully finish this challenge or not) will naturally focus on the Generation 7 and 8 heirs, I don't want to look at them exclusively.
Also, most of the dynasty requirements will soon be completed and we will be waiting for elderhood.
And now you know, in case you were wondering, why I've changed the title.  :D

Just Waiting 01: A How Romantic is Your Cereal?

Welcome back. It’s me again, Takao.
The house feels so empty without Dad around, especially for Mom.
For a short while, she considered going back to work. She says time weighs too heavily on her hands though she's only eight days away from becoming an elder.
But I won’t be an elder for 36 more days, so I hope she finds a way to embrace life once more. Not just going through the motions of living, but finding joy in life again.
She does find some comfort connecting with family members through massage.

Some days, the grief overwhelms her. I find her in a secluded corner of the house, sadly gazing at photos of dearly departed Dad.

Today, I found her in the living room, reading a book on baking.
The Watchette approves, believing that learning a new creative skill may help heal Mom’s heart.
Personally, I think she should find a new companion—not to replace Dad but to help ease her constant loneliness.

Mom has also slowly started working on friendships with members of the extended family.
In the absence of common traits, relatives seem easier to befriend than complete strangers.
And though Mom has the Beloved trait from completing the Friend of the World aspiration, she’s not the first in the household to do so.
I wonder if Beloved will start working again, since previous non-heir household members possessing that trait have passed on.
W: We’ll keep an eye on your Mom and she can be our test case! She needs to focus on befriending sims with houses, aged young adult or younger.
Why not adults, Watchette?
W: I initially thought adults would be fine, too, but her good friend Pablo Gundersen from the Police Station became an elder last week.
Sadly, he won’t live long enough to count as one of her good friends.

Wow, dynasty rules are harsh! But it’s too early for me to worry about friendships.

By the way, readers, I’ve been discreetly working on my second aspiration.
You may remember that, during my final teen days, I’d abandoned Grilled Cheese Sandwiches for the Soulmate aspiration.
However, the Powers-That-Be cruelly sent away my first love Raquel (top photo) and my first girlfriend Ariana (lower photo).
Ariana and I had even exchanged promise rings, but I never saw her again! And here I was thinking that our Watchette was almighty.

The problem is that the homeless sims get culled unless they're in a romantic relationship with a housed sim (I think that’s how it’s working).
But I find myself distantly or, even (shockingly) closely, related to many of the female sims in houses.
And that is how I came to start the Serial Romantic aspiration. It’s actually a longer story than that, but I’m running with that story.
Armed with my Beguiling and Great Kisser traits, I found that I was able to kiss 10 sims in no time.
But breaking someone’s heart is never enjoyable.

I might have also hit on a few elders around town, who I knew fancied me, both female and male.
Not only am I an equal opportunity kisser, I wanted to avoid long-term ramifications of my superficially intimate socials.
Sorry, no photographic evidence remains. I can’t have you along on my polyamorous journey.

Happily, I complete the aspiration by going on three gold-medal dates with my beloved Stephanie Holiday, my first girlfriend as a young adult and the second girl I ever kissed.
It's not obvious at all, but Steph is the great-great-granddaughter of Summer Holiday and our dynasty’s first pollinator (Darien McFarland).

You’re probably wondering why I didn’t choose to do Soulmate with Steph.
I see, you want to hear the whole story, do you?
In fact, when we first dated, Steph already had a boyfriend. I asked her to break up with him, but she wasn’t ready.
But I didn’t want to be with someone who had other priorities, so we stopped seeing each other. Just like that.
I guess you could say Steph’s the reason I ended up completing Serial Romantic instead of Soulmate.

By the way, NOW I understand what Mom’s always said about never bringing dates home.
Grandpa Naomi, you need to get a life!

And yes, I realized "woohoo in the closet" is not the most classy way to complete my second aspiration, but Steph is so huge--I don't want her walking upstairs to the bedroom.
Anyway, I have now completed the Musical Genius and Serial Romantic aspirations. It's time to start focusing on my career and my family with Stephanie!

Here I am leaving for work, a Level 6 Musician. I’m just a half tick away from Level 7!
Before work this morning, I even drank an Essence of Inspiration, but it wasn't enough.
I wish I’d made time for family member to “Suggest Visualization Techniques,” enabling me to start my workday with an even higher Very Inspired boost. Or taken a bath with incense.
It’s fine, I’ll nab that promotion tomorrow on Saturday!

Meanwhile, Mom seems to be making good progress with her friend (and club member) David Caliente.
She issues a “Go here together,” then a “Do energized workout together.” Go get him, Mom!
Now that David’s on the punching bag, Mom can just mentor him into the Good Friend zone.
We’ll let you know in several sim-days if her Beloved trait is working.

With G2 Grandpa Satoshi mentoring me, I max Handiness.
Especially since I’m wearing the same hairstyle as his, I resemble him more than I resemble even my father Chad or Grandpa Koetsu.
Odd how genes can skip generations that way!

Before work today, I’m dropping by the gym then visiting Steph and our newborn twins.
Yep, you heard that right, twins! Can you believe it?!
I bring along Mom and a family friend, Kolby Soto. Mom’s chosen him as her fifth good friend. He is half alien like Mom.

Though our world’s become depopulated, many of the residents are aliens or alien hybrids. I wonder why.
Since I was small, Mom has often reminded me to be proud of my alien heritage.
She would like nothing better than for me to settle down with “a nice alien girl,” haha.

While Mom launches her “Befriend Kolby Soto” Campaign, I work out on a treadmill to fire the “Work out at a gym” milestone. 
Only two more hours until I leave for work, so it’s time to visit Steph!

How embarrassing! Here I’d planned on meeting and introducing you to our twins, but Steph's not home! Where could she be?
I haven’t even met my babies yet, so I sneak around the back and peek into the windows.  Look, there they are!
Our son Garrett must be in that basinette with the blue ribbon!
And our daughter Sheila has to be in that basinette with the yellow ribbon.
I really want to hold them, but I’d better leave now before the neighbors call the police on me.

Hmmm, there must be another way! I know!
I phone Steph and “invite to hang out on current lot” (which just happens to be her house, whatever).
It works! I run around to the front of the house to give her a big kiss and we become best friends!
That’s my Steph!

Only a little time before I must fly to work, but here are the little ones.
Garrett is the one in green and Sheila in yellow.
Sadly, I missed Steph’s call when the babies were born (was I at work?), so I don’t who was born first.
If only I could move my family nearer to Oakenstead or, at least, into a nicer home!

Here’s a shot of the lovely Steph going into her house, as I run off to work.
When I first met Steph, I had a huge crush on her and we messed around one night, but she was actually seeing someone else.
After she learned she was pregnant and felt sure the baby was mine, she broke up with the other guy. I’m going to make sure she never regrets that decision.
Watchette, do you think Steph would feel offended if I asked her to have the kids take a paternity test?
W: I'm really glad you asked me first! Why don’t you wait until they age up, kiddo? We’ll know if they’re really Nishijimas once they’re older.
You’re right, Watchette. I need to believe in Steph.

After I leave for work, Mom goes home and invites over another massage therapist she met at The Perfect Spa. (Her good friend Everett Hasting was culled.)
Nanami: I really wanted my fifth good friend to be of alien descent, but I spent hours with Kolby this afternoon and we're not even friends yet!
Watchette: Whoa, Max Hilliard has the Gloomy, Insane, and Insider traits. Not exactly someone a woman would pick as the father of her children.
Nanami: But he’s a terrific masseur and we became good friends in no time. Let’s keep our priorities straight!
Takao: Great-Grandpa Seimei says he reached Good Friend status with Max after just an introduction and one friendly social.
All the Nishijimas together: Max, we love that you’re so easy!

By the way, do you remember Yasmine Hunt? She's the lovely alien woman who was visiting me the day that Dad passed away.
Anyway, I stopped dating Steph when she told me she wouldn't break up with her boyfriend. After that, I spent a lot of time with Yasmine.
But Yasmine and I stopped dating when Steph told me she'd broken up with her boyfriend and was pregnant.

Tonight, Yasmine stops by for a visit. I am completely shocked at the sight of her pregnant figure and the news that I'm the father!
I mean, she did ask me to help her change outfits in that closet last week and I might have been feeling a little depressed about Steph having rejected me. And Yasmine is quite stunning.

Also, I must confess that I have a soft spot for Yasmine because she’s an alien 100%.
I’m pretty sure of that, since she once pulled that “Analyze personality” social on me, which Mom (who is 50% alien) can’t use.
But, people, Yasmine and I are going to have a baby!

Despite her discomfort, Yasmine glows with the new life inside of her.
I feel her stomach, wondrous at the thought that our baby grows within.
It’s an understatement to say that this development complicates my relationship with Steph.
And yet, I can’t wait to greet our unborn child. I guess that makes me an unlucky jerk.
I mean if Steph hadn’t phoned me about getting back together, I would probably have proposed to Yasmine by now.

I introduce Yasmine to Mom, who’s immediately excited that I have a pregnant girlfriend who shares our alien heritage.   
She shuttles Yasmine over to the massage room for a fertility massage.

Wow, Mom, I only let you whisk her her away because I’d thought Yasmine was too far along in her pregnancy for a fertility massage.
Nanami: Whatever. I'm busy now.
Mom gives Yasmine a fertility massage under Dad’s watchful eye. She's delighted at the prospect of a little hybrid grand-child or two.
Great, that’s all I need now—another set of twins! (cue sarcasm)

I can’t help but think I’d never be in this mess if I’d been allowed to move in a spouse.
*tries to shift the blame for his awkward predicament

With all the excitement over Mom making her fifth good friend and Yasmine showing up unexpectedly and being pregnant, I forgot to mention that I received that promotion!
I'm now a Professional Pianist (Level 7 Musician).

Mom’s so incredibly pumped about the baby!
I haven’t seen her smile like this since Dad passed away.
Come to think of it, Yasmine was here the day Grim took Dad away. Do you believe in the transmigration of souls?
Maybe Dad will come back to us in the form of an infant son. We can only hope!

Some Additional Comments from the Watcher

The Serial Romantic aspiration is the one that, usually, only the dynasty pollinators complete.
This time, the Gen8 heir ended up doing it because I found it easier to complete than the remaining alternatives: Soulmate (culling), Outdoor Enthusiast (sleeping in tent, grrrr), and Grilled Cheese Sandwiches (it's boring). Thanks to indiscriminate kissing and the ease of earning gold medals for dates at the parks or at home, the SR aspiration is now a thing of the past.

This is a slow, rather mundane chapter but it includes setup for future developments. I feel sorry for Takao (Gen8) who will never experience life with a family of his own.
Perhaps the next chapter will be more exciting or, at least, more melodramatic.

Thank you all for reading my clumsy writing. I'm doing this for "fun," so I rarely revise as much as I should.
Your patience and good will are much appreciated!

anything