Author Topic: The Nishijima Immortal Dynasty: If at First You Don't Succeed (Completed)  (Read 57590 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Nishijima Dynasty: Now an Adult, Not A Dolt! (Mar 20 update)
« Reply #165 on: March 20, 2016, 08:09:56 PM »
Just Waiting 04: Now an Adult, not A Dolt!

Hello! Takao, the Gen8 heir, here.
Like others in the household, I really love working in this garden.
And now that Watchette has finally finished our downstairs spa room and party room, this no-ceiling sunken area fulfills the second of its original purposes at last.
Of course, its first purpose was to hold the garden and microscope, which it’s done since the start.

But its second purpose was to provide a garden view from the spa.
Along the hallway on the right are doors to the hot tub, sauna, and a bath.
And, obviously, that’s our sunken garden through the windows on the right.

This is the view of our home spa as you step inside from the downstairs hallway.
On the left is the massage table area. We're leaving the massage chairs upstairs.

Watchette also built us a new room to partay, even though we don’t need any more gold-medal parties.
Here’s a view of the room from the downstairs hallway.
When planning the pool, Watchette built this room first, then wrapped the pool around it.
Lol, yes, this room has been left unfinished THAT long.

We moved our DJ station and dance here from the west patio on the first floor.
Why wait until now to finish these rooms, you wonder?
I imagine that Watchette became concerned about the game lagging and became focused on deleting inventory rather than adding new furnishings and clutter.

Here’s a shot of the bar.
 Gen3 Grandma Naomi once told me how hard she’d worked to reach the top of her career because she’d wanted that Settler’s Bar career award.
I really wish that bar and the kitchen career awards came in more colors instead of just matching the chef career awards.
Sadly, the Settler’s Bar is too meh to suit our new home club.
There’s also a mini-kitchen next door for emergency party needs.

Hey, Watchette, it’s great that you finally finished these two rooms last week.  Why now?
W: What other reason could there be for a new party room?
In three days, you’ll be celebrating your birthday! Soon, you'll be and adult, you dolt!!

Oh right!

I spend the next day with Stephanie. She’s gotten quite huge!
You can’t tell from the screenshot, but the other day my entire family descended on this house like a horde of locusts, doing every kitchen, electronic, and bathroom upgrade possible.
We hadn’t expected them to do that—they said it was our wedding present! So thoughtful and practical!

Steph’s been moaning and groaning since morning.
I briefly had an attack of pre-natal panic but it went away, so I don’t know what to think.
You think she’s going to have the baby today, Watchette?

Watchette: I really can’t say. Sorry, but I wasn’t keeping track of the days.
Let’s see, you proposed to her last Sunday afternoon at Granite Falls and today is Friday morning. You eloped on Monday and spent time with her after that, too.

Watchette, didn’t you read somewhere that a pregnancy takes four days if the woman doesn’t do a pregnancy test?
W: Yes, I vaguely remember that, too. In that case, today might be the day.  She’s looking so uncomfortable!

I’m starting to feel really worried.
It’s 2 p.m. now and she’s been groaning and doing that huffing thing since 6:30 a.m.
We can’t go the hospital so I really don’t know what to do. I could have retired in two days, but I decide to quit my job and stay by Steph’s side.
Watchette: Ooops, emergency at the dynasty house. Gotta run!  Be right back!

Osamu (The Founder): So, Watchette, we are eating ambrosia once again.
W: It would have been nice if you’d just eaten at the table where I’d laid out your servings.
This is the first time Gen7 Nanami is joining us.
W: Stop your yakking all of you. Takao just quit his job so he could be with Steph during labor.
Then I suddenly get a notice that Koetsu’s time is near. When I checked, two of you already had bubbling age bars, so I raced over here.
First, you take your sweet time ambling over to the sofas and now you’re chatting instead of eating your ambrosia. Please hurry!

Osamu: Hey, quit cancelling our chat interactions!
W: Satoshi just got home, so he’s eating his ambrosia now. Stop chatting with him, so he can finish eating. I have to fly back to Takao and Stephanie.
Oh, forget it. I just got a notice that Stephanie had twins. Thanks, guys. (I hate all of you!)

Osamu: Well now that you don’t need to rush back, tell me. How many more times we have to eat this foul-smelling stuff, anyway?
W: Sorry, I’m going to go check on Takao and Steph, then I’ll get back to you on this matter. It’s important!

Osamu, The Founder: Oh, you’re back already!
Watchette: Yeah, Steph had another pair of twins—a son and a daughter—then left for work. Our boy Takao is still there, looking after the newborns.
TF: So, what about the Ambrosia?
W: Hmmm, Takao becomes an adult in two days, meaning he’ll age up to elder 22 days from today.
Then, if he meets his friendship requirement…
TF: I get it, I get it. I’m old, not math-challenged. We’ll need to eat ambrosia three more times at least, plus one more for Takao.
Okay, we’ll make sure that there’s, let’s see…, at least 32 servings of ambrosia prepared, just to be on the safe side.
W: Yeah, safe is better than sorry.
(Later that same day)

It’s 1 a.m. on Sunday and I’m phoning in my adult birthday party.
Let’s break in the new party room, y’all!!!

This is officially the most party horns we’ve ever had at a birthday party!
You go, Poppy!
By the way, our first pair of twins aged up to teens today. Garrett’s in the red long-sleeved shirt and Sheila’s in the purple gown.

The Nishijimas are hogging the dance floor.
The Founder and Gen3 Naomi are completely useless tonight as mixologist and caterer, respectively.
What’s with the weird eyes, people?

The Holidays walked out during that group dance, so I follow them upstairs. In fact, everyone leaves the new party room and comes upstairs.
Hmmph, everyone’s so old school!  Guess we didn’t need the new party room after all, eh, Watchette?
W: (at a loss for words...)

Well, since everyone’s here, take a look at this great shot of our twins—Sheila and Garrett.
They’re not identical twins but they’re some nice-looking kids.
As a father, I’m totally biased, but I think Sheila is a knock-out.

Last week, I’d received a message from my alien ex-girlfriend, Yasmine Hunt, informing me that she’d given birth to a son.
Thinking back, that hot-tub escapade with Yasmine seems like eons ago. Could the boy really be mine?
After I received Yasmine’s message, I checked my relationship panel and was shocked to note the infant (named Branson Hunt) is described as both "Friend" and "Known alien." But I’m only a quarter alien!?
I’ve never, ever seen a newborn listed as a “Known alien” before.

With so much going on the past week, I hadn’t checked back on Branson Hunt.
Today I see that he’s aged up to a child and decide to invite him out to Magnolia Blossom Park.
Watchette and I are as surprised as you are!

Coincidentally, his mother Yasmine Hunt is already there, playing chess.
After chatting a bit with Branson, I go to greet his mother.
We autonomously do the alien’s Secret Handshake.
Garrett Holiday (my son with Steph) could do that Secret Handshake since childhood but, for some reason, Branson can’t.
However, Branson speaks in that high-pitched, tinny voice characteristic of aliens. So mysterious!

Branson looks just like a bald alien, but with human skintone.
I take Branson home to Mom (who’s 50% alien) and, after some small talk, she takes Brandon to the closet to see if she can change his clothes.
She can’t select any pre-styled outfits, since the category displays the error message “Disabled for aliens.” He can wear one-piece outfits or top-and-bottom combinations, however.
Watchette resists the temptation to play his household and see if he can change his disguise. Probably not, since his skin is flesh-toned.
Also, Mom forgot trying to give Branson hair.

Might he be a hybrid dressed in that alien garb? It’s more complicated than that, I think. Look at those eyes!
I’d always thought only two pure aliens could give birth to an alien child.
But Branson is not a pure alien child, technically speaking, since he can’t do the secret handshake, right?
Is Branson a miracle of nature or is Watchette’s game simply experiencing another glitch?

Is there some trigger that would enable Branson to do the Secret Handshake in the future?
And by the way, among my six kids with the human Stephanie Holiday, only Garrett can do the Secret Handshake.

The Founder: Oh, is that a new room?
W: Yup.

TF: What happened to all the rest of the stuff in that third-floor room—all the potions, essences, and serums? What about those useless unidentified herbs you’ve been hoarding.
W: Lol, I had Takao identify all 10 herbs, then I put aside the ambrosia you see here then deleted the room.
Weird thing is, Takao skyrocketed from Herbalism Level 0 to Level 8, just by identifying those 10 herbs.

TF: Well, yeah, Takao’s been a skilling machine since he was a boy.  You’re not being too optimistic about the ambrosia?
W: Don’t think so. Once Takao becomes an elder, there’s enough for him to take nine more days to meet the friendship requirement.
If that’s not enough, we can just make more. You still have tons of ingredients and reward points.

TF: Well, no offense, Watchette, but we immortals are all getting pretty tired of meditating and fishing.
The outdoor movie theater’s great, but we’ll be watching reruns in a few weeks.
We’ve all got our fingers crossed for you, Watchette. Let’s do this!
W: I hear you, Osamu. Let’s cross our toes, too, just to be sure.

Takao: Can you believe? In fourteen more days, I'll age up to an elder!
But I'll be checking back with you all one more time between now and elder birthday, okay?

Watchette Sez:

Since I’ve gotten rid of so much other “stuff,” I thought it might finally be safe to finish the home spa and party rooms. Not that the family will get much use out of them. And I’ve learned that a basement party room next to the pool looks fabulous (to me and my lower building standards, lol), but the guests took forever to walk there from the front door.

Takao spends most of his time with his wife and his kids. He just selects club activities, helps the kids with homework, and otherwise just lets everyone do their thing. 
The children are all very cute and so it’s somehow more fun than monitoring the elders while also keeping the Family-Oriented Takao very, very happy.

Although not directly related to my dynasty story, I couldn’t resist sharing the news about the alien child. And though I didn’t like having Takao cheat on his wife, I did have him conceive another child with the alien woman recently.
This latest newborn also appeared, immediately after we got  the birth notice, as “Friend” and “Known alien.” Takao and I will be visiting her after she becomes a child.

These last couple of chapters haven’t been narratively cohesive, I know, yet I don’t want to rush directly to Takao’s elder birthday.

As always, thank you so much for reading! <3

Offline wfgodot

• ello beastie
  • Occult
Re: The Nishijima Dynasty: Now an Adult, Not a Dolt! (new - Mar 20)
« Reply #166 on: March 20, 2016, 08:26:08 PM »

Osamu: Hey, quit cancelling our chat interactions!

Rofl...

Your party room looks great!  But I think I like your spa area the best.  And I already mentioned how unique I thought your basement garden was. 

As for Brandon, I think he's really neat looking! 

(and wow, that's a lot of ambrosia!)
Add "maice" on Origin.
Behren Blog

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
« Reply #167 on: March 20, 2016, 08:35:12 PM »
Awesome house! Will you be putting it on the Gallery as soon as you've succeeded in the challenge?

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #168 on: March 20, 2016, 08:36:47 PM »
I agree with wfgodot!  Love that sunken garden and the spa area that looks out to it.  They are just lovely!  Takoa's children are really good lookin'! You're so close!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #169 on: March 20, 2016, 09:07:53 PM »
@wfgodot
Thanks for the compliments. The party room is too small, but I'm too lazy to adjust all of the downstairs area at this point. I've done a similar room in previous (failed) dynasty attempts and it looks so luxurious.
The spa room definitely gets more use! My sims love to give and receive massages! And sauna woohoo is a friendly social, what can I say?
Each table has 8 servings, so with 7 immortals, those four tables last a little under 40 days (I don't like to wait until the last minute, but usually end up running around frantically, anyway).
By Gen6, you'll have more death flowers than you'll know what to do with.   :)

@JudesSims
Your positive statement is greatly appreciated. The entire housee (esp. the exterior and forget about the landscaping) is nothing special--ugly, to be honest. I hate the second story, lol.
You've actually just seen the only three rooms I like--sunken garden, home spa, and next-to-pool party room (which needs to be bigger and closer to the staircase).
I wouldn't mind putting up rooms, Jude. I'll PM you. You flatter me, lol.

@Shewolf13
Thank you, Wolfie! If I were more creative, I'd think of a way to combine that sunken garden with the living room. In a previous file, I had a sunken garden with a patio area.
My entire second floor is hardly used, thanks to Rally the Troops. I prefer a ranch-style house with everything on the first floor (lol, my age is speaking...)

Offline tjtemple

• Occult
« Reply #170 on: March 21, 2016, 02:06:18 AM »
WOW at your sunken garden, I absolutely love it - I'm going to have a go - watch me build something awful that looks like a dungeon!  My dynasty don't garden (yet), they only have two death flower plants and they hire a gardener to care for them!! (None of them are lazy ; I am!)  I think my next male heir will garden, so I'll get something ready for him!

I agree about Sheila, she's beautiful!  You did a great job there watchette :)

You're very brave leaving all your immortals on their own; don't you worry they'll do something exhausting, or inflammable?  Or am I over cautious and worrying too much on your behalf again? 

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #171 on: March 21, 2016, 06:24:27 AM »
@tjtemple
Gardening is one of my favorite sim activities--everyone in the house eventually maxes gardening, though I invite a full-time gardener during the first generation.

About leaving the immortals on their own: after watching them obsessively for several generations, I've noticed only a few things that make my sims go into the orange/red zone.
t's usually Gen3 Naomi and Koetsu.
Naomi occasionally over-exerts herself in the gym or pool; I have her take a bath then sleep.
Koetsu has the Neat trait and gets stressed when the house/bar/kitchen gets too dirty. Stop whining and clean it yourself, Koetsu.
I do check their age bars and need bars a few times a day, while I'm out.. They won't die from low hygiene or low social. There's always food in the fridge.
Everyone has max Homestyle/Gourmet cooking and I don't have a campfire, so I'm not worried about fires.
Everything potentially dangerous is locked up or stored in inventory.

Lol, is there something I'm missing? Or have I just been terribly lucky? Takao and I do come back nights.  ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline tjtemple

• Occult
« Reply #172 on: March 21, 2016, 06:58:48 AM »
My biggest worry is them watching comedy, and then hanging out with Sookie (gen3) who's the comedienne who has completed the aspiration that makes people "very playful"! I worry that they might get hysterical but I have never actually experienced them even getting playful on their own!!

I need to let go!  ;D

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #174 on: March 21, 2016, 01:02:26 PM »
My biggest worry is them watching comedy, and then hanging out with Sookie (gen3) who's the comedienne who has completed the aspiration that makes people "very playful"! I worry that they might get hysterical but I have never actually experienced them even getting playful on their own!!

I need to let go!  ;D

@tjtemple
Gen7 Nanami completed the Joke Star aspiration but not the Comedian career. The only time I had a problem with Hysterical is when I unintentionally served Sparkling Apple Juice via the Fountain of Mirth at a party. These days, I only find them watching movies and they don't prefer Klumzee Sisters. In the past, they did get into Playful and Flirty moods from watching TV.
I have to confess, when Takao is out, I only track the immortals' needs and age bars, not their moods.

@KRae
Thank you  :D  Sadly, the rest of the house is unattractive and sparsely furnished.  Oh, except the outdoor movie room, hehe.
I wish I could design an entire house that is both lovely and practical for skilling and parties...

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #175 on: March 21, 2016, 05:26:04 PM »
Loved this. I am so intrigued by the alien appearance of Branson. It seems you have come across an unknown combination result! It's awesome! The house looks fantastic and how so very typical of sims to traipse upstairs and use the stereo *face palm*.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #176 on: March 21, 2016, 06:46:34 PM »
I am so intrigued by the alien appearance of Branson. It seems you have come across an unknown combination result! It's awesome!

Loved this. I am so intrigued by the alien appearance of Branson. It seems you have come across an unknown combination result! It's awesome! The house looks fantastic and how so very typical of sims to traipse upstairs and use the stereo *face palm*.

Thank you!
Not sure what to think about Branson yet--he has an elder sister and younger sister, whom I'm introducing in the next chapter (which won't be the last).

Takao's wife and kids don't have the Dancing skill, which is probably why they left the party room when the dancing started. Still a surprise that everyone followed, though.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #177 on: March 22, 2016, 07:14:28 AM »
Those rooms are fantastic, great job <3 I was sure Takao was going to be an elder but nope, still an adult. Still so long to go, you must be pulling your hair out by now? Lol. His kids are gorgeous.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #178 on: March 22, 2016, 10:29:08 AM »
Those rooms are fantastic, great job <3 I was sure Takao was going to be an elder but nope, still an adult. Still so long to go, you must be pulling your hair out by now? Lol. His kids are gorgeous.

Thank you for reading! 12 more sim days--I want to speed to the end, but I know I'll miss them (hence finishing up rooms they'll barely use, hehe).

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Nishijima Dynasty: Just Some Fam Spam (Mar 22)
« Reply #179 on: March 23, 2016, 01:04:34 AM »
This chapter is mostly a spamfest of family photos of Takao’s brood with Steph.
I am trying to move along to the end of the dynasty, I really am!

Still Waiting 05: Just Some Fam Spam

Watchette: Time was passing like molasses for a while, until Takao started spending all his time with his own pack. The younger family does unexpected things, they grow and change appearance, and the days fly by.
Before I know it, there’s only 12 more days to countdown (when Gen8 Takao ages up to an elder).
And today is the day for the immortals’ ambrosia.
Thanks for sitting all together, guys. You make taking screenshots such a pleasure.

Takao: I’m home this evening so that the immortals can eat their ambrosia. As I wait for them to finish, I work on the Painter Extraordinaire aspiration.
I’m being very careful to choose only aspirations that I cannot complete by accident.
Right now, I’m painting a math diagram in our Focused Room.

My BFF, Bowen Clarke, recently aged up to a young adult.
To the right is our third child, Poppy, who recently became a teenager.
I realized just yesterday that she can also do the alien’s Secret Handshake.

Bowen and my two teenage daughters all have killer traits. As children, all three shared the Love the Outdoors trait. Bowen would make a great son-in-law! Great random traits, right?
Bowen: Loves the Outdoors, Art Lover, Genius.
Sheila: Loves the Outdoors, Art Lover (right)
Poppy: Loves the Outdoors. Cheerful (left)

And here’s a snap of me with Bowen (left) and Garrett (center)
Looks like I need to start working out again before it’s too late!

Ahhh, the Secret Handshakes! Only Garrett and Poppy can do it.

After the first pair of twins (Garrett and Sheila) and the third child Poppy, Stephanie delivered the twins Holden and Belinda.
Our son Holden has the Insane trait, while our daughter Belinda has the Outgoing trait.

After swearing me to secrecy, Watchette admitted that she is very partial to our youngest son, Kenji, who’s Cheerful.
All sim children are really adorable, though, so it’s hard to predict what Kenji will be like later.

Here’s Kenji hugging his older sister Belinda.  Too cute, right?
Who can blame Watchette and me for preferring to be here instead of with all the old fogies (spelling?) at the Dynasty House?

Two days later, my relationship panel shows that Stevie Hunt, my “Known alien” daughter, has aged up into a child.  Time for a visit!
First, I stop by the Dynasty House with my BFF Bowen to spruce up his look.
Bowen had that tired “plaid-sweater de Travis” look going, which wasn’t doing him any favors.
Whoa, he looks like a different person. And, once again, a big thank you to @FrancescaFiori !

The immortals start converging to get friendly with Bowen, so I whisk him outta there!
Go and make your own friends and don’t you be chatting up my unique BFF!!!

When we arrive at the Hunt Residence, I first call over “Cheerful” Branson.
He’s looking well, but he still can’t do the Secret Handshake.

Coming out the door now is Stevie Hunt, my second daughter and third child with Yasmine Hunt.
You can see Yasmine framed in the doorway behind Stevie.
Like her brother Branson, Stevie can’t do the Secret Handshake, either.
The carrier of the Secret Handshake gene seems so random!

I sit in the living room with little Stevie as well as Stevie’s older sister Brandy Hunt.
On Brandy’s left sits my klepto son with the golden eyes (who you met earlier as a child).
Brandy’s mother is 100% alien while Klepto son only has Alien blood from me, yet both of these teens can do the Secret Handshake.

Watchette: The obsessive part of my nature wants to compile a table to compare your various kids with and without the Secret Handshake, Takao.
Let’s give it a rest, Watchette. I think we’re losing our audience…
W: Shall we talk about the Growfruit?
Why not? So I was weeding in the Community Garden behind Steph’s house when I spotted an unfamiliar woman standing near the curb.  Of course, I click on her.

When I ask her for some Growfruit, she runs over the Community Garden and I follow.
I also request some Special Fertilizer for the Growfruit.
When she says that she can only give one Growfruit Starter Pack to each sim, I phone Gen4 Grandpa Minoru who is our dynasty Super Green Thumb.

While Grandpa Minoru is asking for Growfruit and the Special Fertilizer, I jog over to Steph’s house to plant the seed I received.
I want Steph's family to have Growfruit, too.

When I looked over the fence at the Community Garden, I see the whole family there except for Gen2 Satoshi (only because he’s at work).
I guess Watchette and my family must really want those special planters!
And it seems that, although seven of us were able to receive the Growfruit Starter Park, only I received the two packets of the Special Fertilizer.  I wonder if it can be cloned?

Ten more days to countdown, but now I’m off to plant Growfruit in the dynasty garden.
I need to think of ways that I can share our Growfruit with Watchette's sims in other saves.

Thank you for reading!
After watching the Growfruit grow and running around town seeking wild Growfruit trees, Takao is now one sim-week from his elder birthday.
Major catastrophe not withstanding, I intend to play until Takao's elder birthday this coming weekend. See you then!

anything