Author Topic: Growfruit: Found Jasmine Holiday!  (Read 39809 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Growfruit: Found Jasmine Holiday!
« on: March 22, 2016, 11:53:55 PM »
Jasmine Holiday showed up along the street near the Community Garden in Willow Creek, after my sim was weeding there for a bit.

Guess it's time to go grow me some Growfruit.
Although I asked in the Patch announcement thread, no one replied, so I'll ask again here.
The growfruit seeds/plants will no longer be available after the mini-challenge ends. If I want to grow them in another save file, do you think I could place a plant and seeds in a small room, then upload that room to my library?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Growfruit: Found Jasmine Holiday!
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2016, 12:06:16 AM »
The answer is in the patch announcement post itself:

The growfruit will still grow on your trees, can be planted, and harvested… however with Jasmine departing, you will not be able to buy new seeds.

However, you could plant a small garden with the growfruit and save it to your library and try using it after the challenge/month is over to see if you still get and grow the growfruit.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2016, 12:43:12 AM »
I just harvested my first crop. The description says that the fruit makes excellent fertilizer. I'm not sure if that means it will make plants faster to evolve, but that would be great. Also, the game has generated two wild growfruit trees that I've seen so far. One is across the street from Desert Bloom park and the other is in the area to the left of the pond in Magnolia Blossom park. I'm sure they will disappear once the challenge ends, but you can get more seeds there once they become harvestable. The fruit seems to appear fairly quickly, but I didn't take note of the exact harvest time. It's no more than 48 hours, probably less. The fruit sells for a base price of $5.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2016, 12:47:36 AM »
The fertilizer you can get from the NPC makes evolving the grow fruit a lot quicker but she only gives out 3 lots so you can't use it as a short cut all the way to a perfect plant.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2016, 01:10:24 AM »
The fertilizer you can get from the NPC makes evolving the grow fruit a lot quicker but she only gives out 3 lots so you can't use it as a short cut all the way to a perfect plant.
@Playalot
My sim only got two pieces of Fertilizer   :'(
Did you send that little hottie Brian to talk to Jasmine?

@reggikko   Thanks for the tip about the wild trees!

@MrsFlynn   I'm going to try the room thing right now, before I use up my last piece of fertilizer. Thanks.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2016, 01:31:40 AM »
lol, I did. Post back re:room @oshizu . Hopefully that works.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2016, 02:07:44 AM »
lol, I did. Post back re:room @oshizu . Hopefully that works.
@Playalot
I cloned some Growfruit then saved to library a small room with 10 Growfruit.
I started a new game and had no trouble downloading that room to the empty lot.
What I don't know, though, is if the Growfruit would still be in my uploaded room after the monthlong mini-challenge ends. 
Haha, I'll let you know in late April.

I rechecked my sims' Super Fertilizer stash. Gen8 received two packets and the second sim to ask from that same household got one packet.
Still think it's favoritism that Brian got 3 packs of Super Fertilizer all at once!  Lol

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2016, 03:10:04 AM »
I just harvested my first crop. The description says that the fruit makes excellent fertilizer. I'm not sure if that means it will make plants faster to evolve, but that would be great. Also, the game has generated two wild growfruit trees that I've seen so far. One is across the street from Desert Bloom park and the other is in the area to the left of the pond in Magnolia Blossom park. I'm sure they will disappear once the challenge ends, but you can get more seeds there once they become harvestable. The fruit seems to appear fairly quickly, but I didn't take note of the exact harvest time. It's no more than 48 hours, probably less. The fruit sells for a base price of $5.

I sent my sims to visit both places you mentioned and stuck around about 24 hrs in each park, but no Growfruit.
The location of the wild growfruit trees seems to be random, not being the same in each game. I'm going to let the trees I planted grow then start looking around for wild trees.

Offline tonycdh

• Townie
  • What does the llama say?
    • Me
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2016, 10:20:49 AM »
Can someone explain to me where the Community Gardens are in oasis Springs and Willow whatever I cannot seem to find them.  Thanks.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2016, 10:29:30 AM »
Can someone explain to me where the Community Gardens are in oasis Springs and Willow whatever I cannot seem to find them.  Thanks.

The Community Gardens in Willow Creek are behind the BFF House (where Summer Holiday, Liberty Lee, and Travis Scott live at the start of the game). The neighborhood is located in the bottom left corner of the Willow Creek map.  That's where you'll find Jasmine Holiday.

There's also another little one across the street from the Goths.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2016, 10:52:39 AM »
The Oasis Springs garden is across the street from Johnny Zest's trailer (lower right area of the map).

Offline CuriousSim

• Occult
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2016, 10:59:12 PM »
Personally, I have not been able to put walls around a planter that has a growfruit in it. I have not been able to get a growfruit into my library, therefore.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2016, 11:09:46 PM »
Personally, I have not been able to put walls around a planter that has a growfruit in it. I have not been able to get a growfruit into my library, therefore.
That's odd.
I just placed perfect fruit on the floor of a tiny, pre-existing room. I didn't see the need to try saving my trees since they grow quickly enough.

@CuriousSim I just did a test for you. I moved an empty garden planter into that pre-existing room, then moved one of the Growfruit trees into that planter.
I was able to save that room to my library.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2016, 11:14:25 PM »
My grow fruit tree just won't produce fruit. It's been 9 sims days so far and still no fruit. How annoying.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2016, 11:17:40 PM »
I placed the "flat square," put a fence around it and saved it. The growfruit tree was already in a planter.