Author Topic: Growfruit Growing Everywhere?! - Not a Bug, it's by design  (Read 10759 times)

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Growfruit Growing Everywhere?! - Not a Bug, it's by design
« on: March 24, 2016, 01:14:43 PM »
[BY DESIGN] Wild Grow fruit trees all over town
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/BY-DESIGN-Wild-Grow-fruit-trees-all-over-town/m-p/5247437#U5247437

==========
Anyone else noticing that grow fruit are growing everywhere? Whilst that is useful, what's annoying is that it's replacing other plants that should be there instead. I had to resort to testing cheats to get the cherry (tree).

It even replaced the cherry trees in Slyvan Glade.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Growfruit Growing Everywhere?! - Not a Bug, it's by design
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2016, 03:15:13 PM »
I checked two save files and I have yet to come across a single wild Growfruit tree, but that's fine by me.

Still, I can't believe that replacing every tree is by design. 
The Challenge Coordinator says "You can find some wild trees," not "Every tree in the world has been converted to a Growfruit tree for the month of April."
With a new game, this would make the Tournament Cooking Challenge impossible to complete (@Metropolis Man, just fyi).

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2016, 04:27:38 PM »
It isn't every tree. For example, the cherry trees in Sylvan Glade were replaced, but the cherry trees by the Caliente house were still there in my game. I *think* the only recipes that calls for  specific tree fruits are apple pie and grilled fruit. Both plantains and apples can be gotten in a seed packet.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2016, 04:58:13 PM »
My understanding was the trees would be found in the two major parks.  In Willow I found two of the apple trees were now grow fruit but there were still apple trees, in Oasis it was the same, some lemon trees were still lemons.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2016, 05:55:32 PM »
In other parts of the internet, I'd read about simmers who could no longer find any cherry trees because all their trees turned to growfruit.
I wonder if that's a mod/cc issue.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2016, 06:37:34 PM »
It could be mods but simmers are reporting varied results through their game files. I have no wild trees for example that have become grow fruit trees, but then my planted grow fruit are not actually producing fruit either in my dynasty file.
In another file I have wild trees turned into grow fruit but not many. It's often the way with features, they seem to present differently in different games. An RNG issue? I don't really know.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Tigerskin

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2016, 11:32:03 AM »
In other parts of the internet, I'd read about simmers who could no longer find any cherry trees because all their trees turned to growfruit.
I wonder if that's a mod/cc issue.

@oshizu I have this issue, I don't use mods or cc.

What was odd was I had started the game before the update and went to Sylvan Glade before, mainly to start the growing process for the cherry tree as it takes a while. There were definitely at least two trees there (which are now grow trees).

Grow trees are all over the place in my game, which is fine, but not when it removes others plants completely and rendering them unobtainable without cheats.

I don't see why they didn't just leave it as you could only get the fruit from the challenge coordinator....

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2016, 12:19:20 PM »
@Tigerskin

I agree with you about there being no need for growfruit trees everywhere, even if it's only for a one-month duration.
I checked an ongoing file and a new file, but found no growthfruit though I haven't checked everywhere. I just checked that there was at least one of every tree.
I'm starting a longish game soon so I'm worried about this ruining my gardening (which is hand-downs my favorite sim activity...)

It must be so annoying for you!
You invested time to prep those Sylvan Glade cherry tress but, when you next visit, they're no longer cherry trees.
Were you able to find cherry trees elsewhere?

Offline Tigerskin

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2016, 12:53:57 PM »
@oshizu

Practically every tree in my game is now a Grow Fruit Tree. Some of the plants/bushes also. I've tried looking for Cherry Trees elsewhere but not found one yet, hence testing cheats.

I like to play the game properly (harvest/graft etc) without resorting to cheats but hey ho.

One of my sims ALWAYS gardens, it's been the same since they introduced it into the Sims!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2016, 01:02:32 PM »
@Tigerskin
*high fives for gardening love

Sorry to hear that about your world's trees!  :(
I need to get home and check what's going on with my games.
Good luck with your game!

@reggikko Thanks for the info on recipes. I've only made a partial list of ingredients so far.

Offline Tigerskin

• Occult
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2016, 01:11:31 PM »
@oshizu - thank you.

Luckily I had obtained most of plants before the patch. I hope your game behaves a bit more sensibly than mine!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2016, 02:25:05 PM »
I took cuttings from the grow fruit trees in Willowbrook's park and grafted them onto an excellent apple tree I had been growing.  It took four Sim days before any fruit was on the grafted tree but I now have six, excellent quality grow fruit trees growing in my garden in my No Buy game.  So far none of the wild trees are harvestable in my game.  It also took days before I could acquire seeds and fertilizer.  My Sims went separately, although they are a couple, but only one of them could get seeds and fertilizer!  Haven't checked the cherry tree situation yet.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2016, 03:02:45 PM »
@Joria
I sent over the whole Nishijima gang (except one who was working) and all seven sims each got one Growfruit Starter Pack.
The first sim got 2 Super Fertilizer packs and the second sim got only one.
Several days later (forgot how many), I sent the first sim to revisit Jasmine Holiday (without more growfruit) and he received 2 Super Fertilizer packs again.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2016, 03:29:00 PM »
Haven't played much yet today but planned on sending my couple back for more fertilizer.  Really don't need the seeds at this point.  I found the grafting route was really the fastest as I'm going to try for Perfect grow fruit.  It was good to hear you can get more just by finding Jasmine again another day.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2016, 04:50:32 PM »
@Tigerskin some of your bushes are now grow fruit as well? Wow , that really is crazy. By any chance do you remember what the original bushes/plants were?
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

anything