Author Topic: Re: With a Twist-McCloud Kids Gotta Skill, Dec. 16  (Read 133844 times)

Offline wfgodot

• ello beastie
  • Occult
Re: With a Twist-Where Am I? April 9
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2016, 07:09:14 PM »
Love the name Kieran.  Seems like you're quite the writer to me.  I was kind of surprised to get to the end, look back and see only 3 screenshots.  Captivating!
Add "maice" on Origin.
Behren Blog

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: With a Twist-Girl of My Dreams April 10
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2016, 02:19:06 AM »
"Kieran.  Kieran.  KIERAN!!!  WAKE UP!  No time to be reading the Wilderness Digest dude.  You've got to get a wiggle on."

"For pities sake, Watcher, give a guy a break why dontcha?"

"No time.  One of my jobs is to keep you motivated and moving.  Now, have you got your priorities sorted?  Next step is what?"

"Yes, everything is sorted.  Well, sort of.  I'm not a strategist you know.  Just a poor ex-very-reluctant-pirate/slash/slave/slash/whatever they needed at the moment.  Actually, I'm kinda glad you rescued me.  You know I was shanghaied, right?  Out and about in a really nice sea side town and the next thing you know, out cold and waking up on the smelliest sea going vessel ever.  Then, off to Barnacle Bay where I was supposed to marry some captain's witch of a daughter.  So you really saved my bacon.  I owe ya one."

"Good.  Pay back starts with you finding a wife and making friends, not necessarily in that order.  If I were you I'd head to the town library and read up on how to make friends.  It's called Charisma for Dummies or something like that.  Should make it easier since you have zero great personality traits."

"On it.  I'll just visit this bush for a sec and be gone."

True to his word, our hero hopped a cab and was off to do some reading at the local library.  No library card or pass required!  It was a pretty cool looking house sort of place.  Even had a kiddie area and a place for a quick nosh if you brought along some food.  Watching him read was an exercise in patience.  Did the Watcher pick the right guy?  Was that goofy grin just his smile or was he as simple minded as he looked?

"Aha!!  So that's how it's done!

Maybe it was the musty, dusty, smell of too many books in too small a space but most of the folks there, and there weren't very many, didn't seem all that friendly and definitely were NOT wife material.  After a quick break in the rest room and a bit of grilling hot dogs in the park, he decided this was not the place to find what he needed.  Next stop, the new gym in town.  It had space for his tent, a place to cook and everything a young man, or woman, might need to be able to survive on a jobless budget.  Plus, most of the attractive young ladies would show up sooner or later and he could work some on his abs. 

The gym was actually quite a surprise.  It really was set up in such a way that any would could really stay there indefinitely.  Bonus was it was teeming with some very lovely ladies, some of whom seemed just exactly his type.  Lots of blondes, and for now, he was definitely into blondes.  He got invited to join a yoga class, whatever that was, and so joined in.  Why not?  Might be a chance to meet the girl of his dreams.

That cutie in the hallway definitely was worth checking out.  Unfortunately, she had some rather negative traits.  Nothing dreadful in the normal way, but not perfect.  Too bad.

"Watcher I do not appreciate you taking pictures of me in that silly pose.  Lay off!"

*snickers*  "At least you're on the right track hon.  Keep looking.  I want you finding someone before the night is out."

The blonde didn't work.  Nice girl, very pretty but two kleptos in one family could be a disaster.  The red head was a really sweet girl, although she had the habit of stalking folks.  Her traits were great and she wasn't bad on the eyes.  Unfortunately, she was married to a guy named Bob Pancakes.  Whoever named someone "Pancakes"?  At least she was willing to join his club.  Oh, did we not mention that?  Clubs are very important in this story.  At least if you want things to move along.  Kieran and Eliza spent some time watching clouds and getting to know one another.  Nice to have some friends already.

After a quick shower, he spotted what had to be the sweetest little strawberry blonde ever.  She was sitting by herself in the lounge area, looking kind of helpless.  Kieran sauntered over and sat down, introducing himself very politely.

"Hello there.  My name's Kieran.  Kieran McCloud.  New in town and just getting to meet folks.  And you are?......."

(What, is he some kind of perv?  I mean, approaching me wearing nothing but that towel!  Should I respond?  Guess it's safe enough.  Some pretty big guys in here that would help me if needed.)  "Dina.  Dina Caliente.  Nice to meet you, Mr. McCloud.  I'm sure you're going to love it here.  Do you have a job?  Know anyone else?"

"No job yet.  I need to get connected first.  Yes, I've met a really nice guy.  Trainer.  Name is Don Lothario.  Do you know him?"

"Donnie?  He's our room mate.  Yeah, he's pretty cool.  My Mom and sister have the hots for him but he doesn't want to settle down.  Plays the field."

"That's not for me.  I'm the serious, meet the right girl and get married type.  Say, have you been cloud gazing lately?  Would you like to join me?  I mean, if it's ok.  I'm pretty harmless and I'd love to get to know you better."

And so they did.

Later that evening Don invited him out and about, get to know the town and folks there.  They took some time to visit the local pub together and talk things over.  Don was a very good listener and had some great ideas to share.

"Thanks for joining my club Don.  I think we'll have some great times together.  Oh, and did I tell you I met the girl of my dreams?  She's gorgeous, sweet, a good cook, and a bod that just won't stop.  I'm in love.  She's the one for me so don't be surprised if I invite you to a wedding soon."

"So who's the lucky lady?"

"Funny thing.  She's your roommate."

"WHAT?!!!  Not that hot headed red head?"

"No.  Strawberry blonde one.  Dina is her name.  I am well and truly smitten."

"Oh!  Yeah, Dina's all right.  Actually they all are.  I tell ya Kieran, nothing like living in a house full of women to make you want to stay single.  I mean, I like women, heck, truth be known, I LOVE women.  Just not on anything permanent.  You sure you're gonna do the right thing?  I mean, it's a pretty serious commitment and it's for life."

"Exactly what I want.  You see, I've got this "voice" that bosses me around, and......"

"A Watcher?  You're a Watched Sim?  DUDE!  I know all about that kind of trouble.  Well, good luck to you, my man.  I'm here for ya if ya need anything."

"Thanks, Don.  Well, think I'll head back and set up my tent.  Need a good night's sleep.  See ya tomorrow, dude."

Kieran grabbed a midnight snack of a grilled cheese sandwhich he had made earlier.  It was still pretty tasty even cold.  Then, it was off to sleep, another hard day facing him tomorrow.

"Night, Watcher."

"Night, Kieran.  You did good."

What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2016, 03:29:14 AM »
Ahahahahaha! Loved his chat with Don. I really love how you bring them to life. Truly!

Offline tjtemple

• Occult
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2016, 04:17:09 AM »
Brilliant @Joria . You  are SO brave attempting this with even more restrictions; Can't wait to see how you get on, I hope it works!  Totally love the shot of Kieran in that silly pose  ;D

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2016, 05:16:03 AM »
Ah, Joria, you give me too much credit. Even with my strategies I have failed so often  ::) The McCleods/McCloud sounds so familiar, I may have to go digging through the TS3 stories. So pleased Eliza didn't meet Keiran's requirements and yes, Dina, you know how much I love her <3 I'm in the same mind as her when at the gym, soo many times I've almost bumped into someone in a towel as they're getting ready for the sauna, lol.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2016, 05:19:54 AM »
Another delicious chapter to savor!

Lol, I know you love those "I-could-camp-here-indefinitely" type of places! Which spa is that? I always use Perfect Balance but it doesn't have a kitchen. :-(
Is Kieran modeled after a TS3 sim? (Sorry I asked you that once already and I'm being persistent.)
He's very cute! I'm hoping he finds true love!

Offline wfgodot

• ello beastie
  • Occult
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2016, 08:30:39 AM »
ohhhhh!  He's befriending Don!!!!!  I'm so excited!
Don's about to exit my story, so I'm so pleased I'll get to watch him in a "friend" role again.  Rare to see him in a role outside of "lover"!  hehe.

I like Dina.  I was going to pick her for Luke, before I spotted that cute mail girl.
Add "maice" on Origin.
Behren Blog

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2016, 07:58:28 PM »
Joria!  This sounds like a lot of fun.  I'm not sure I could do it which just makes you a hero in my book.   

Kieran is a very handsome founder and I'm sure with you behind the wheel he'll have no trouble finding him a good wife.

For some reason he actually came out more masculine looking than most of the guys I create.  Mine always look too girly.  Thank you for the compliment, but yes you CAN do it.  You're a far better strategist, a great builder and a funny and fantastic writer.

You need to take that back---you certainly are a writer. Loved the opening paragraph!

Is Kieran modeled after a sim you played in TS3? (You mentioned Barnacle Bay...)

Ooooh, you made him a klepto!  This is going to be so much fun, Joria!  ;D

Well, thank you.  I have a serious problem with telling stories and grammar, unless they are children's stories.  I'm good at those.  Once wrote one about a cockroach who wanted to be painter to teach kids they could do or be whatever they wanted.  It was fun. 

No, Kieran isn't modeled after a TS3 Sim.  But if you see any of my future Sims named Thyme, then yes, they are.  The klepto trait isn't all it's cracked up to be.  So far he can only pinch useless decorative items where as in TS3 you could steal really good stuff.
Another delicious chapter to savor!

Lol, I know you love those "I-could-camp-here-indefinitely" type of places! Which spa is that? I always use Perfect Balance but it doesn't have a kitchen. :-(
Is Kieran modeled after a TS3 sim? (Sorry I asked you that once already and I'm being persistent.)
He's very cute! I'm hoping he finds true love!

The rules for ID say you can modify Maxis generated venues, so I added a few things to parks, spas, gyms.  I think the gym I used was the Lux one.  It already had a sort of kitchen so it just needed a bit of tweaking.  I took the counters from the first floor and put them upstairs, (otherwise your Sim goes all the way down to mix the food then all the way back to cook and all the way down again to serve!), and there is plenty of floor space for a tent either in the hall way between the showers and sauna or up where the seating area is.  I also added a toilet and shower on the landing on the top floor.  There are never enough it seems.

Ah, Joria, you give me too much credit. Even with my strategies I have failed so often  ::) The McCleods/McCloud sounds so familiar, I may have to go digging through the TS3 stories. So pleased Eliza didn't meet Keiran's requirements and yes, Dina, you know how much I love her <3 I'm in the same mind as her when at the gym, soo many times I've almost bumped into someone in a towel as they're getting ready for the sauna, lol.

I personally kind of like Eliza but her snobby walk is annoying.  One day I'll off Bob and see what she can really do.  As for Dina, I was surprised how gorgeous she is with a decent hair do!  Even without make up all you have to do is change her hair and voila, instant babe.  She's also very sweet, unlike the other Caliente girls.  (Sorry Colt, I know you adore  "Red".)  I don't think I did a McCloud in TS3.  Instead I did a Thyme dynasty and failed it 7 times.  sigh  It really was my favorite.  Remember the remodel of the abandoned nectary I made for them for a vacation retreat in France?  I loved that build.  Here's the link if you all want to see.  Abandoned Nectary Remodel[url]

Oh wow!  Sooo cool!  Loving this so much, Joria!
Ahahahahaha! Loved his chat with Don. I really love how you bring them to life. Truly!

Thank you!  I'm always honored when great writers like what I'm doing.  Don is one of my favorite all around Sims.  He's a perfect idiot pollinator, a great spouse, and a really good friend.  We'll see more of him in this story.

Love the name Kieran.  Seems like you're quite the writer to me.  I was kind of surprised to get to the end, look back and see only 3 screenshots.  Captivating!
ohhhhh!  He's befriending Don!!!!!  I'm so excited!
Don's about to exit my story, so I'm so pleased I'll get to watch him in a "friend" role again.  Rare to see him in a role outside of "lover"!  hehe.

I like Dina.  I was going to pick her for Luke, before I spotted that cute mail girl.

Thank you.  Don is my personal favorite and much better than the new guys they came along with Windenberg.  I'm happy you are liking the writing.  Now if I can just stop myself from just narrating the pictures!

Brilliant @Joria . You  are SO brave attempting this with even more restrictions; Can't wait to see how you get on, I hope it works!  Totally love the shot of Kieran in that silly pose  ;D

Kieran makes the best faces!  Some Sims are just fantastic with their facial expressions, others just bleh.  It took five tries before I felt at all like posting anything.  I love the challenge of the no buy but it can be distracting.  I just want to go fish for stuff and find new ways of getting stuff without buying.  My dynasty is a bit behind because of it.

Thanks everyone!!

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2016, 11:56:22 PM »
Your confidence in me is always appreciated.  A tip for little Kieran - being a klepto seems to be attached to the mischief skill and the higher it was, the better stuff I was able to nab on my Sim that tested it out (failed legacy founder!).  So hopefully that means you'll be able to get more interesting things.  I think the funniest thing my girl grabbed was one of those stone foundation ruin sections from The Ruins in Windenberg but she failed her legacy before reaching level 10 mischief.  Not sure you'll ever be able to get the really big items like we did in TS3.  I got one of those signs once from the pool.  Wasn't worth a lot but it was bigger than the tchotchkes I got everywhere else.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: With a Twist-She Said Yes April 13
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2016, 04:16:09 PM »
"Are you sure about this?  It's pretty dark along here.  Sure you know where we're going, Don?"

"Yeah, I'm sure.  It's fine.  Just follow me.  You know I'd never let anything hurt you, right?  Over here...."

"In this BUSH?  You gotta be kiddin' me."

"Nah, honey, it's fine.  It just looks like a bush.  Trust me, it will be fun."

The sounds of laughter and loud, rockin' music filled the air.  Even in the dark passageway, full of undergrowth and broken down walls, the sounds of a really good dance party could not be diminished.  Somehow it didn't matter at all.  Don had other things on his mind.  Not unusual for the town Lothario.  Don loved women all right, every single woman he could manage to get his hands on.  He was a magnet for every female in town. Like moths drawn to flame, they all were lured by his bright light, and he was always prepared to brighten the glow.
  Anyone passing by would have wondered why that particular shrub was shaking and rustling.  Was it a person in disguise?  There were some pretty weird sounds coming from it that your average, every day bush never seemed to make.  A passerby would not have known that a shrub could giggle and moan and would perhaps, rush on by never giving it another glance lest something came pouncing out of it.  Surely it must be decorated up for some holiday or party, else why the glowing red hearts?  It couldn't just be the flowers, could it?

"Move along.  This is not the bush you seek.", popped into the unwary travelers head.

"Ok.  Coast is clear.  You can come out now."

*giggles*  "Oh, Donnie!  You were right.  It was fun and not just a shrub at all.  Can we do it again?"

"Errrrr.  Not right now.  They'll be missing us from the party.  Let's go."

************************************************************************************************

"So, I' got this club thing goin' on, and your wife, Liz, is in it.  She thought you might be interested as well.  Waddya say?"

"Geez, I dunno.  I got a pretty busy schedule what with work and everything.  I dunno.  Maybe a club would be ok.  So, why me?"

"Well, we need a place to hang out, cook up some great meals, use a computer, work on some woodwork projects.  You know, standard need to meet the Watcher's requirements thing, and Liz said your place would fit the bill.  I know you're a stand up guy and all so we didn't just want to horn in without you bein' a part of the fun we'll have."

"Watcher eh?  *sigh*  I might as well cave.  No getting around them watcher types.  Ok, I'm in."

"Great!  Now, if you'll excuse me I've got a girl to impress.  Why not come and join the rest of the club at the gym?  Never hurts to work off those chef acquired calories."

" Nah.  I'm married.  No need to impress the wife.  Besides, I've got work in a few minutes."

Shaking his head at the lack of care for his own body,  Kieran dialed up a cab and took off for the local gym.  Even if Dina wasn't there it wouldn't hurt for him to push the limits for a bit either.  He was pretty fit, yet slim, and he intended to stay that way.  No overly muscular beef cake for him, but a good cardio work out never hurt anyone.
   After a pretty intense work out, Kieran spotted Dina walking up the sidewalk.  He quickly ducked into the shower and got cleaned up.  No one appreciated a sweat stinky guy and he definitely wanted to be at his best for what he planned on.

"Hey there, Kieran!  Been working on those abs I see.  Lookin' good."

"Uh, yeah.  Don has been mentoring me.  I don't want to get all muscle bound or anything but I definitely want to be fit.  I, uh.....I kind of plan on a big family some day and that means being in the best shape possible.  Actually, that's something I wanted to talk to you about."

"Me?"

"Yeah.  I'm really attracted to you, you know.  You're smart, you're pretty, you laugh at my jokes, you've got a really great personality.  So........."

"Dina Caliente, would you do me the great honor of becoming my wife?  I promise to always cherish you and whatever children we may have, and to take care of you and give you as good a life with me as possible. Will you take this ring I offer and my big shining heart to go with it?"

*squeals, tears up and leaps*   "YES!!!  Oh, definitely yes!  No watched Sim has ever asked ME to marry them."

"Mind the towel! Mind the towel!"

"So, you knew I was a Watched Sim?  You know what it all means and you still want to marry me?"

"To be honest, I'd marry you no matter what.  You are the strongest, kindest, sweetest man in the Simiverse and I've fallen hard.  I love you, Kieran McCloud."

"I don't know what I've done to deserve this, but you've made me the happiest man ever."

While Dina rushed off to tell the girls in the locker room, Kieran dialed up all the girls he had dated briefly to let them know the good for him, sad for them, news.  Of course, Don was happy for him but we just know he was shaking his head at the idea of such a dude getting caught with the ol' ball and chain.  Just one more call to go......meanwhile in the background, Bella Goth was gushing over the whole romantic thing.  How often does one get to be a ring side witness to a proposal in a gym?

Watcher:  "You done good, Kieran.  You're well on your way.  Now, plan a nice wedding, work on those skill and, oh yeah, pick up a few helpers too.  You'll need them.  Yep, you done good."

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
Re: With a Twist-She Said Yes! April 13
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2016, 04:22:01 PM »
Hoorah for towel proposals! Congratulations, I cannot wait to see what the wedding will be like and Don's kiddies, of course. How did I not comment on your writing before? I love it, you have a way of grabbing the reader and hooking them to keep reading  ;)
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2016, 06:35:56 PM »
Kieran's to die for~! And a towel proposal in a gym no less, lol. This is going to be so tricky with the no-buy restrictions. Can't wait to see how you go.  :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: With a Twist-Wedding Plans and More April 13
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2016, 07:04:15 PM »
Thank you, NJ!  That towel proposal was not what I had planned but somehow these guys just have their own way of doing things and all you can do it take screenies and go with it.  Coming up, wedding plans and some of Don's kids.

*************************************************************************************************

"I'm so excited!!  I just can't stop jumping up and down.  My head is going around and around with all the plans and things that have to be done to make this a truly epic wedding.  Let's see, we'll have ALL our mutual friends and family, a gorgeous dress of course, a great caterer........color theme? Do we just go trad or pick something unusual.  I hate ugly bridesmaid dresses, don't you?  Who's the best man, besides you that is?  What do we want on the menu..........."

"Whoa!!  Whoa!  Slow down.  We only just agreed to do this.  Maybe we should just elope?  No fuss, no muss, no huge big deal.  Just two people in love and the preacher man.  Waddya say?"

*eyes well up*  "But.......I always dreamed of being a bride with all the trimmings.  In that beautiful garden with the fountain and the well and......and....(sniffs)"

"No, no!  No.  Don't do that.  No tears.  (stupid, stupid idiot you made her cry).  Ok, maybe I was wrong.  Yeah.  Sure.  The more I think about it the more I believe you're right!"

Good save there, bozo.  Sheesh.  Men.

(Shut it Watcher.  I've got this. Under control.)  No tears sweetheart.  We'll have the best wedding ever.  I hate to make you sad but you know, they don't allow weddings in that national park.  You can elope there but no big wedding parties and we're going to need a nice party for the requirements.  Ok?  No more tears?  Ok.  (hugs)  That's better.  Now, how about you go write up the invites and get the cake and dress and I'll call for a venue and party?  (I think I'll hang myself.  How are we going to pay for this?  I don't even have a job yet.)

"Really?  Oooooo.  I've got it all planned.  Thank you!  You are the best man ever!"

"Ok, Watcher, now what?  No job, bare tent home, not much cash and a big wedding to figure out.  You're supposed to help, right?  How do we pull this off?"

No problemo, chico.  Take her on a few dates, get "Connections" for both of you, sell off the drek you don't need, money problem fixed.  Meanwhile, I'm on the house thing.  Remember, you're going for the Soul Mate thing right?  Everyone in your lineage gets to do Soul Mate so get cracking.

"Hello?  Is this 1-800 Perfect Wed?  Right?  Kieran McCloud here.  Want to set up a wedding for........."

***************************************************************************************************

"He explained the whole thing.  We get to be best friends.  We go on dates which must get us gold medals.  We get enough Reward Points, whatever that is, and we buy something called "Connections".  Then we both call in for every job we can thing of and get to cash in on hiring bonuses and stuff and we wind up with a really great wedding.  Sound good?"

"Yeah, sounds good, but will it work?  Knowing men they all seem to have things figured out but we're going to be the ones doing most of the thinking and hard work to make it all happen.  Just hang tough and take each step as it comes up. I've never been a Watched wife so don't know about it all.  So, tonight is date night? Oh, and by the way, love the new clothes and "do".  You really are lookin' great."

"Thanks!  Yeah, I gave that tatty polka dot skirt to Sim Resale in Magnolia Promenade. Couldn't help but stop in to the new clothes boutique while there and while I was at it, why not have the hair done?  I just hope he likes it as well."

"Honey, you could wear a burlap bag and he'd think it was haute couture  on you.  Go on now, don't want to be late for that date."

******************************************************************************************

"I had a great time, Dina.  Selfie to keep the memories?"

"Sure.  Uh....don't look now but someone just might be coming over to horn in on our date.  Did you know he'd be here?"

"Uh uh.  Say, are those his kids?  I hear Jade and Rosa of Partihaus both had boys recently.  Wow, that must make it pretty tense in that house."

" So that did it?  Enough dates and stuff so we can get our rewards?"

"Yep.  He's right behind me isn't he?  Got his boys?"

"One of them.  So sweet. "

"I love you too, son.  I wish we could all live together too.  Your mom is pretty mad at me right now though, so we'll just have to have our good times in the park and stuff."

"Ok, Dad.  At least we get to be together for fun times."

"I'll always be here for you.  Anything you need, just ask.  Ok?"

"Ok, Dad. "

"My brother is waiting, Dad.  Let's go play Space Raiders."

It's always a sad thing when a family has to be split up.  In Don's case, he really brought it on himself.  He'd been asked to move in with Kieran after a few nights of bar hopping.  Actually, he'd been hoping he'd be invited to move in.  Things were getting tense in the Caliente household with Nina and Katrina both eyeing a spot in his bed to call their own.  Being a commitment-phobe, he wanted out.  Being an old time dynasty Sim, he already knew the ropes and couldn't wait to start on his second job, pollinating.  He'd made a good start with two sons to show for it, but there were sooo many pretty ladies and so little time.  Despite his many flaws, the handsome Don was a great Dad whether he was a spouse or not.  Even the Watcher liked him.  So we'll leave our little group at play in the park and see what happens next.  Did anyone say, wedding bells?

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2016, 07:08:57 PM »
Thank you, @Playalot.  It actually isn't all that hard now that I've done it the first time.  Once you have Connections and get someone to be a Scientist you can get most of what you need, if not everything you want.  A lot of things just aren't necessary though it does make it tough on a builder.  I already had to allow children's items because there just are too many things the heirs would need to achieve their aspirations.  It almost feels 'cheaty' but the main thing here is the ID part. 

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: With a Twist-She Said Yes! Plus another chapter April 13
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2016, 08:50:49 PM »
Hehehehe, lovely to see Don with his kiddos and I laughed a bit too hard at Kieran calling himself an idiot for making her cry XD