Author Topic: Goblin King Dynasty - Jareth Strikes Back  (Read 94514 times)

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
  • The Labelles shall overtake!
Re: Goblin King Dynasty - Guess Who's Back - Back Again!
« Reply #300 on: September 12, 2015, 03:08:02 PM »
Definitely, sorry to hear about your computer issues. I will be reading.  :)

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #301 on: September 13, 2015, 04:46:50 AM »
Really?  You're prepared to play again from that far back? :o

But yes, of course I'll be reading.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #302 on: September 13, 2015, 09:09:41 AM »
Oh my word O_O I finally get all caught up only for you to basically have to restart O_O

Your writing is brilliant, Tia, as I have said before, so we are more than willing to sit through another 7 Generations with you and Jareth! I will choose to think of it as an alternative universe. But how will you handle Arlo being alive, again?!?

Break a Plumbob! <3

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #303 on: September 13, 2015, 11:30:43 AM »
Wow.  I admire your determination.  I would have given up and walked away.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #304 on: September 13, 2015, 12:40:21 PM »
I'm excited to read more of this story no matter where it starts! Glad you found a viable save.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
  • I survived the Great Spooky Day Blizzard of 2012!
Re: Goblin King Dynasty - Reboot
« Reply #305 on: September 15, 2015, 07:53:31 PM »
Definitely, sorry to hear about your computer issues. I will be reading.  :)
Really?  You're prepared to play again from that far back? :o
But yes, of course I'll be reading.
Oh my word O_O I finally get all caught up only for you to basically have to restart O_O

Your writing is brilliant, Tia, as I have said before, so we are more than willing to sit through another 7 Generations with you and Jareth! I will choose to think of it as an alternative universe. But how will you handle Arlo being alive, again?!?
Break a Plumbob! <3
Wow.  I admire your determination.  I would have given up and walked away.
I'm excited to read more of this story no matter where it starts! Glad you found a viable save.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You guys are the best!  I know this story has been going on forever, but I just love the characters and can't leave it unfinished.  Maybe this time is the charm.

Goblin King Dynasty - Reboot

"Well, here we are again," Tia said, a note of jubilation in her voice.

"Where, exactly, have we been?" Jareth asked, pinching the bridge of his nose. 

"Kind of lost." Tia admitted.  "But NotGwendy had a save on her external drive."

"How are you, Arlo?" Gytha purred.

"Wait," Agnes interjected.  "What's going on?"

"We're stuck in time loop limbo," Jareth told her.  "It's never going to end."  His phone rang.

"Hello, Jareth!" Sarah said, smiling.  "Ready to pack it in yet?  Christine has found a lovely villa in the south of France for us to stay at this year on our vacation.  I'm looking forward to it.  Do you have any plans?"

"Is this your doing, Precious?" he asked, his brows drawing down.  "I never thought you to be this devious."

"Not at all, Jareth," Sarah said, winking at the elf across the room from her.  "Legolas is laughing himself sick at you though."

"Yes, well, much as I'd love to chat, my dear, we must get back to work.  Be sure to have things ready for Paris when I return."  He hung up the phone and looked at his little family.  "Right then.  Tia, where are we?  Or rather, when are we?"

Tia cleared her throat.  "You've had your ambrosia.  Agnes is 88.  Erik turned into a toddler yesterday.  Gyth, you've got most of the alchemy done, and need to work on your cooking and career.  You're only level one and you only have one opportunity that I'm sure of, so you need five more."

"There's something wrong with the replicators as well," Agnes put in.

"What!" Jareth exclaimed.  "Those are integral to the plan."

"I know, I know," Tia said, rubbing her own eyebrow.  "I'm working on it."

"And Arlo's mixing up chemicals in the living room," Agnes continued. 

"Looking good, Arlo!" Tia called, then her voice dropped to a whisper.  "The boy's not right, Gytha, I don't care what you say."

Gytha shrugged.  "Man dies that many times, it does something to him."

"Don't distract him," Erik protested.  "I need that potion.  Besides, I'm hungry again, and about to start screaming."

"On it," Jareth said, putting him in the high chair.  "I assume we'll be seeing Blind Mag again shortly."

"The more things change..." Tia sighed, as everyone went back to their tasks.

"Agnes, is that Tueth?" Tia asked.

"Legolas sent her to me," Agnes replied, feeding the tiny dragon a treat.

"Tueth?  What's going on?" Tia asked.

"L'glas asked me to come between without him.  He told me he is setting things in motion."  The little green looked around.  "Is Smaug here?"

"Please ask him if his plans will upset mine, Tueth." Tia said.

The dragon's eyes whirled a bright green as she spoke with her owner.  "L'glas says it will be beneficial to you if you think about it."  She rubbed her head against Agnes' cheek.  "I like this one."

"Don't get too attached to her," Tia said absently, checking the rest of the family.  "Gytha!  Back to the alchemy stand!  Thirty-seven more potions, chop chop!"

"Just havin' a bit o' fun," Gytha complained.

"Whip up some industrial strength bliss, then.  I'm trying to get us to Erik's birthday.  We've all been through this bit a million times."

Happily, Agnes was still alive for it.
..."For my schemes are as devious as yours, and my crazy as great..." Erik to Sarah and Jareth
Pika-la-Cynique, GND

I Wanna Be A Disney Princess Base Game Dynasty
Goblin King Dynasty The Backup Has Been Found!
Fellowship of the Dynasty - HOF
The Arlo Bunch Documentary

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
« Reply #306 on: September 15, 2015, 08:00:40 PM »
Good to see things are working so far, I hope they continue that way.  :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #307 on: September 15, 2015, 08:50:31 PM »
High hopes for this being the last time we go through that birthday, though!

It's cool that Agnes is there this time. :)
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #308 on: September 16, 2015, 04:32:14 PM »
"Don't distract him," Erik protested.  "I need that potion.  Besides, I'm hungry again, and about to start screaming."

Well, I suppose he's been a toddler long enough by this point to be getting a little jaded with the normal toddlerish stuff.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #309 on: September 16, 2015, 10:49:17 PM »
Your reboot reminds me of Groundhog Day or perhaps Sliding Doors, or perhaps that Sliders tv show (or one of the Star Trek/Star Gate alternative universe episodes). Like the others, I'm sad about your computer issues, but happy that you've found a save you can use. I will definitely be reading and cheering and interested in seeing how the game treats the Goblin King and his descendants this time.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #310 on: September 17, 2015, 07:52:42 PM »
I can't help but wonder if you'll deviate from the previous script just to throw us all some curve balls.
Interesting how you've got Legolas involved early via Tueth.  Can't wait to see what all that elf has cooked up for you.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #311 on: September 19, 2015, 02:24:07 PM »
Well there would naturally be some deviation, since there's no guarantee that the same NPC sims will populate the game in the same order so all sorts of things and storyline can change...
But whatever the changes, you just know it's going to be Awesim! How could it not, look who the author is <3

because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
  • I survived the Great Spooky Day Blizzard of 2012!
Re: Goblin King Dynasty - The Neverending Story
« Reply #312 on: October 21, 2015, 02:47:09 AM »
Good to see things are working so far, I hope they continue that way.  :D
High hopes for this being the last time we go through that birthday, though!

It's cool that Agnes is there this time. :)

Well, I suppose he's been a toddler long enough by this point to be getting a little jaded with the normal toddlerish stuff.
Your reboot reminds me of Groundhog Day or perhaps Sliding Doors, or perhaps that Sliders tv show (or one of the Star Trek/Star Gate alternative universe episodes). Like the others, I'm sad about your computer issues, but happy that you've found a save you can use. I will definitely be reading and cheering and interested in seeing how the game treats the Goblin King and his descendants this time.
I can't help but wonder if you'll deviate from the previous script just to throw us all some curve balls.
Interesting how you've got Legolas involved early via Tueth.  Can't wait to see what all that elf has cooked up for you.
Well there would naturally be some deviation, since there's no guarantee that the same NPC sims will populate the game in the same order so all sorts of things and storyline can change...
But whatever the changes, you just know it's going to be Awesim! How could it not, look who the author is <3

Thanks so much, gang!  I'm so impressed that so many of you want to stick with this!  And in a lot of ways it's turning into a whole new dynasty.  I hope you don't blame me if I skip over some of the stuff we've been over six or seven times before, and just get the story moving again.   ;D

Chapter Fifty One - The Neverending Story

Erik aged up to a child, looking the same as he always does.

"Get on with it," Gytha grumbled, getting the tea things together.  "We're none of us getting any younger here, and the noise is going to start again any second now!"

Erik was promptly stuffed into a dinosaur suit while Arlo figured out the potion that would bring Blind Mag back over.  Erik was less than impressed with this and proceeded to destroy things at an alarming rate.

Agnes shrugged off her mortal coil and was rewarded as told way back in the beginning of this tale.

Mag came back and was likewise stuffed into a dinosaur suit.

"I shan't forget this, Tia," she said, in that really scary tone she always used.

"Look, Mag, I'm bored out of my tree,  you're bored, everyone's bored.  Just trying to shake things up a bit."

Arlo, having lost what was left of his mind with all the fumes in the chemistry set, decided that with Jareth being a widower and all, it might be a good idea to make their business arrangement a little more personal.  Jareth wasn't interested, thanks very much, ta, but it made Gytha sit up and take notice.  Which might not have been completely fair on her part since she was carrying on with both Sam Sekemoto and Beau Andrews.  So their relationship went from this...

to this...

and back and forth until this happened...

"Weren't like that at all!" Gytha protested.

"Don't blame me," Tia shot back.  "I'm just the reporter.  Y'all were acting something scandalous!  Jareth keep sneaking out to the park to get away from the pair of you."

Showing off his amazing new talent, pulling the most incredible faces.

"Still here," Jareth pointed out.  Tia sighed.

"Fine.  The kids aged up to teens, got cleaned up, went to prom, had the most romantic night of their lives and started going steady.  Erik even managed to not set himself on fire that day.  His butt fire total was six, by the way, before he hit young adult."

Erik shrugged.  "Goes with the job."

In case anyone was wondering, Mag was still her rebellious self.

"Just get out of the way, Arlo.  I know the drill," Jareth told him.

In all the chaos, Gytha finally finished her ambrosia requirements one more time.  There were feeble cheers.  But she got herself a nifty new outfit for the occasion.

Gytha (Nanny) Ogg - Generation Two
Skill: Alchemy
Career: Five Star Chef
LTW: Culinary Librarian
Building: Divisidaro Bookstore
Property: Summer Hill Springs
Black Ops: Pile of Permission Slips, Save The Herding, Some Reading Material, Spying on the Cuisine, Authorized Biography, Pure Pomegranate
Friends: Jareth Goblin-King, Jamie Jolina, Dexter Fournier, Morgana Wolff, Andre Lefebvre, Beau Andrews
LTR: Collection Helper, No Bills Ever, Fireproof Homestead

Portraits: T, C, T, YA, A, E
Photo:     T, C, T, YA, A, E
Sculpt:     N/A, T, YA, A, E

Since Gytha had a makeover, Jareth decided he should get one as well.

At this point, Erik could do his requirements in his sleep.  He banged through the inventing skill, literally:

"It's Alive!" he cried, as Darian, his firstborn came into being.

"I thought it was very kind of Our Jareth to make a sculpture of the lad for the museum," Gytha added, spooning sugar into her tea.

"Yes, it was, wasn't it.  I'm not always the villain I'm made out to be," Jareth said smoothly, inspecting the leather of his glove.  "Despite what some people think," he added, looking crossly across the hall.

"So, with everything in place, it seemed a good time to start the next generation."  Mag said.  "The garden was well on its way, and it seemed like we were ready to speed run right through the tedious bits."

"Tedious," Jareth said, his eyes glazing over.  Gytha handed him a cup of tea and his hand shook slightly as he took it from her. 

"I keep telling you, Jareth, I can't be held responsible for this.  Things got a little out of hand."  Tia said.

"I should have known when Mag went to the hospital," Gytha said.

What had happend was this: Come with me through the magic of flashbacks...

"Hello, Precious!  No, Mag's gone to have the baby.  Is that Legolas in the background?  What's wrong with him?  Laughing?  Why?  He sounds like he's about to burst!  What's he done now?  What do you mean, good luck!  No, wait, Sarah, don't go..."

Jareth stared at the phone in his hand.  "Gytha?  I've just had the strangest call from Sarah."

Gytha came into the room.  "Somethin's up, Kingy my lad.  I can feel it in me water."

"Gytha?  Who do you have there?" Jareth called from the nursury.

"Nuada!" she called back.  "Who's with you?"

"Thranduil and Loki!"  Erik yelled, glaring at the baby in the swing.  "Which one is the heir?"

"I've got no idea.  They all got jumbled up in the basket."  Mag said.

"You could have paid a little closer attention!" Jareth snapped, pinching the bridge of his nose.  "Tia?"

"Well, here's the thing.  I know who the heir is, but you won't until ambrosia time."
..."For my schemes are as devious as yours, and my crazy as great..." Erik to Sarah and Jareth
Pika-la-Cynique, GND

I Wanna Be A Disney Princess Base Game Dynasty
Goblin King Dynasty The Backup Has Been Found!
Fellowship of the Dynasty - HOF
The Arlo Bunch Documentary

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #313 on: October 21, 2015, 03:08:33 AM »
--jaw drops-- Life gets a little insane and this is what I come back to... First off, Tia, you are wonderful! So sorry about the computer issues! But oh my goodness, it's almost worth it to see how Jareth deals with this lol!

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
« Reply #314 on: October 21, 2015, 04:12:52 PM »
After a stressful day this is just what I needed . I adore the little twist you added.   :)

anything