Author Topic: Reaper's Genetic Legacy Experiment [Complete]  (Read 328074 times)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: Reaper's Genetic Legacy Experiment: The End.
« Reply #1080 on: November 16, 2016, 07:51:34 AM »
Awwww, what a sweet ending! 
Sorry to see you bringing this to a close, but totally respect the decision you had to make based on what you wanted to write and how you wanted to write it.
It's been a joy following your tales of the Reapers (even the PG pirates)  :=)

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #1081 on: November 16, 2016, 12:40:42 PM »
Thank you for sharing with us what happens to the Reapers.
I am, of course, very happy that Aleccas got his second chance and is happily reunited with Mary.

After Majnun's sacrifice to prevent Aleccas from losing Mary and Eveline, I'm overjoyed that he too spends an eternity with his beloved Anne.
Congratulations, Livvielove, for bring your wonderful tale to a convincing and satisfying end.

What saddens me is that your post sounded as if you're also bidding farewell to this forum. Say it isn't so! I'm not a member of the other forum you mention and never visit it.
Will I still get PMs from you about Reapers 2.0 and Song of the Nightingale? Will you still be gracing the forum with your fun, witty, dark, and moody presence?
Curious minds wanna know!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #1082 on: November 16, 2016, 01:49:57 PM »
Awwww, what a sweet ending! 
Sorry to see you bringing this to a close, but totally respect the decision you had to make based on what you wanted to write and how you wanted to write it.
It's been a joy following your tales of the Reapers (even the PG pirates)  :=)
Thank you so very much! I've always really enjoyed and appreciated your thoughts and musings on my crazy family. Bear has always appreciated the support (and in this story he has gone on to become the immortal God of Magic's best friend and other half.
Hilariously, there was a time I debated making Quinn cursed into being Bear, but eventually I scrapped the idea.
I've just realized that there was so much I was cutting out due to anxiety over the forum's rules (that most people tend to tread on top of anyways) and I just realized that - from where I stand in life - I would much rather be honest and true about dark subjects then try to pretend they aren't the dark subjects they are.
The good old PG pirates never even got a chance to be pirates, and I fully intend to rectify that in my rewrite!
But again, thank you so much for all of your support and for your kind words.

Thank you for sharing with us what happens to the Reapers.
I am, of course, very happy that Aleccas got his second chance and is happily reunited with Mary.

After Majnun's sacrifice to prevent Aleccas from losing Mary and Eveline, I'm overjoyed that he too spends an eternity with his beloved Anne.
Congratulations, Livvielove, for bring your wonderful tale to a convincing and satisfying end.

What saddens me is that your post sounded as if you're also bidding farewell to this forum. Say it isn't so! I'm not a member of the other forum you mention and never visit it.
Will I still get PMs from you about Reapers 2.0 and Song of the Nightingale? Will you still be gracing the forum with your fun, witty, dark, and moody presence?
Curious minds wanna know!
@oshizu of course! It was the very least I could do! It feels sad to end the Reapers here, but it was just something I had to do. Especially the epilogue. I needed to be sure that part got out there after everything. Anyways, before the sad part continues --
Yes! Mary and Alec do stay together and it is quite adorable how Alec courts his beloved Mary. I can safely say I can see the rewrite variation of Mary's life going very differently, so I'm kind of sad that I won't get to show this part of them but I guess I'm happy at the same time. It's mixed emotions.
Majnun finally found his peace in death and he got to rejoin his darling Anne in the Essence. I may have teared up a bit getting the pictures for it because it was just so adorable and sad, but they're together now! So it's a happy sad now. XD
Thank you so much for your kind words.
Am I leaving the forum? No, absolutely not. Well, I suppose I shouldn't say "absolutely not" because I, you know, "never say never" sort of thing... but I am definitely going to (for always as long as Carl's is here and people still want me to) send PMs regarding Faction of the Lost Ones, The Reapers, and Song of the Nightingale.
In fact, I may do a quick post describing the stories so that way if anyone wants to follow what I'm writing they absolutely can via PM. Otherwise I simply mentioned Boolprop in case those who were here and ALSO there wanted to follow along with the stories.
My plan is to eventually finish my Nix story and then just return to being a casual poster on here at best. I've just... seen too many things that make me a little uncomfortable and I feel a bit rubbed the wrong way after attempting to write my story how I have to be as active of a presence. Never fear! I'll actively lurk and comment on the stories I've been following recently (I couldn't stay away from the Mori's even if I tried), but my days of starting stories on this forum are past, unfortunately.
Thank you so much once again for all of your love and support on this story. This was not an easy choice for me to make, but it was one that was a long time coming. <3 Your thoughts and love for my characters won't ever be forgotten, and of course!
As with all my Majnun chapters - I have a spare for you!

Sane Majnun is incredibly thoughtful and deep, it seems (snickers).
These two are my second favorite couple. I believe the official list is now:
>Quinn and Esmerelda ('ship-name: Quizzie)
>Majnun and Anne ('ship-name: Majann - I believe?)
>Jupiter and Eveline ('ship-name: Eviter)
>Alec and Mary (No ship name that I'm aware of)
>Tragic and Agnes (because "Lamb" is far too adorable a nickname).

I suppose I'm technically not done with this story yet. I never did say what happened to the Keepers or any of my misc. notes on things I always intended to share. I might go through that and add it in, but when that's all said in done it's time to mark this story as completed.

Offline Nienor

• Still working on the history chapter...
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1083 on: November 16, 2016, 04:17:02 PM »
*Checks bookmarks quickly. Yay! Finally, a Reaper update! The End... sounds exciting, I'll look forward to that. Wait. 'The End.'? Full stop (period)? That's a scary full stop... Maybe I'll just ch-! Runs around screaming*

Jokes aside, thank you for such an amazing story and epilogue (it made me cry). So, I've broken my hiatus to say goodbye to the best story on this forum (in my opinion). I'm glad you've decided to put your time into what you enjoy most, even if it does mean I have to wait a couple of years to see Seema's baby...

And I have to reiterate just how much I loved that epilogue. Majnun and Anne are without doubt my favourite couple, and at least they have a blissful existence in the afterlife... And the Reapers 2.0 (I presume Anne'll be in flashbacks?)- I'll expect more frequent updates with that from now on then!  :P
Does this have to go in the graveyard? Can't you wheedle the Mods into putting it into completed stories? There is an epilogue...

Anyway, well done for all the amazing hard work and effort you've put into this story!
If you're bored, try my Perfect Genetics Legacy thingy.
Deidre McMillan's (DV Maid) Perfect Genetics Dynasty
If you're not, go and read the Silmarillion, until you are bored, then read my story.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #1084 on: November 16, 2016, 05:47:08 PM »
*Checks bookmarks quickly. Yay! Finally, a Reaper update! The End... sounds exciting, I'll look forward to that. Wait. 'The End.'? Full stop (period)? That's a scary full stop... Maybe I'll just ch-! Runs around screaming*

Jokes aside, thank you for such an amazing story and epilogue (it made me cry). So, I've broken my hiatus to say goodbye to the best story on this forum (in my opinion). I'm glad you've decided to put your time into what you enjoy most, even if it does mean I have to wait a couple of years to see Seema's baby...

And I have to reiterate just how much I loved that epilogue. Majnun and Anne are without doubt my favourite couple, and at least they have a blissful existence in the afterlife... And the Reapers 2.0 (I presume Anne'll be in flashbacks?)- I'll expect more frequent updates with that from now on then!  :P
Does this have to go in the graveyard? Can't you wheedle the Mods into putting it into completed stories? There is an epilogue...

Anyway, well done for all the amazing hard work and effort you've put into this story!
@Nienor
Hey there deary! Yes... this was something that I'd been debating doing for a long while now. :( It's bittersweet to me. The epilogue was something I knew I just had to do. Majnun deserved that much.
I have a picture of Finnick (Seema's son) at home. I'll get it for you later tonight. He grew up very handsome.
Seema may or may not be in the rewrite at this point (it's a long ways away, and I tend to go with the flow of things), so I have no trouble showing you the picture of her and Todd's child.
I'm so glad you enjoyed the epilogue. I thought about writing out more and doing more details... but I decided the pictures really spoke for themselves. I cried a little bit when writing it, it was just such a sad-happy ending for them.
I really hope this story won't need to be graveyarded since I "technically" completed the legacy (10 generations) I just didn't write about all of them in the same way...

<3 Thank you for your kindness!
I think I'm going to add another little post after this to dig into more nitty-gritty stuff, but until then, if anyone wants to hear any stories or have any questions about characters and what happened/their story feel free to ask away! I just went for the barebones basics so I could call this story complete, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's complete. As I said I had stories planned out for just about everyone: Jack, Esmerelda, Quinn, Seema, Edward, Lala, Liam, etc.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
Re: Reaper's Genetic Legacy Experiment: The End - The Extras
« Reply #1085 on: November 16, 2016, 07:53:41 PM »
The End: The Extras
As we wind down with this beautiful family, I wanted to emphasize that I'm still going to be a member of this forum. I just will no longer be actively starting stories on here. I'm going to do my best and wind down my Nix Short Dynasty (lest the file stop loading and prevent me) and return to just a regular poster. That being said, I'm definitely still writing stories and so is @mpart. We both put so much time, effort, and love into our stories and we would love to still be able to share them with people who are interested. I have two running stories and I'm launching a third within this next month or two (give or take with the holidays and finals - I'm not really in any rush with it).
These stories are different from the forum in that I've taken up pose-making and photo-editing and really started putting my all into making the best chapters I can with very few limitations. I've been asked by some what stories I have out there and what they're about so I'm going to utilize this post to talk about each one a little bit.

The Reapers Legacy

I've called this many things: a rewrite, the Reapers 2.0 and so on, but I'm starting to realize that this may come off as the same story you've read here and it's far from it. While a lot of names are the same and even a very minor amount of storylines... this story is a complete and fresh new take on the World of Atalan that started to take shape in this variation of the legacy. The gods are introduced from the beginning, the magic and the lore is not new, and I spend a detailed amount of time with each character to make them all special and unique in their own rights. My writing style is much similar to the stuff that is found in Majnun and Anne's generation.
Now, the synopsis:
Agnes Crumplebottom believed herself to be a normal woman - a normal woman who had just lost her new husband to a tragic accident. She was not magical, nor did she grow up with much education on the gods nor the world around her. It never mattered to people like her, she thought.
She thought very wrong.
Agnes soon found herself being used as a scapegoat by a Priest of Betrayal who tried to drag her down for starting a war between two of the Pantheon's gods. On the brink of enslavement, Agnes found hope as a Spirit of Protection appeared and offered Agnes a second chance in exchange for founding a legacy that would shake the world.
Nothing would ever be the same for Agnes ever again.
Some teaser pictures for those interested:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"Come and join the dance, but be warned: this is a dance you cannot walk away from."

Song of the Nightingale

This is the story of Quinn and Esmerelda. It's still fairly new and getting started (about three chapters in so far). I'm a massive perfectionist regarding this story - I make all of my own poses for it, I spend hours editing each photo and adding the right effects - this story is my baby. I have technically been working on this story longer than I have the Reapers and this couple is very dear to my heart. I'm really proud of the work I've done with this story and I would love to share it with anyone interested.
Synopsis:
Quinn Flanagan had many words to describe himself with, but bitter and jaded were two of his favorites. Enslaved for 90% of his long life has only left a sour taste in his mouth and a desire to exercise the only thing he cares about: relaxing in his freedom. Quinn was unconcerned with the rest of the world - spending his nights chasing women and his days asserting his power over others as a Priest of the God of Magic and Insanity. He never relied on anyone else, just himself, and he prefered it that way.
Then he met Esmerelda.
One crazy night bar hopping left him reeling. After their brief encounter ended in an explosive argument in a temple devoted to the God of Love, both Quinn and Esmerelda were left with a curse they wouldn't ever forget.
Some teasers, for those interested:

"Sing to me, Ezzie, please?"

Faction of the Lost Ones

This one is one of my newest stories that has no chapters posted just yet (I'm releasing it (hopefully) this month). It's a perfect genetics legacy challenge that I'm converting into a story. The conversion will look like this: I'll play the actual challenge and then translate it into the story and world and add more story elements. Unlike the Reapers there isn't yet an "overarching" theme to connect the generations, it's just going to be going with the flow and having fun.
Synopsis:
The world of Atalan was once a place where happy lives were built. Darkness never lasted long, and everyone could always count on the break of dawn. No one feared the bumps in the night. Gods and magic were just stories told to children for their amusement.
Soliana believed no differently.
She had the perfect family. She would marry the boy who worked in her stables, even if it broke every rule a noble girl should follow. She would start her own perfect family, no matter what anyone said. The idea that she could make objects disappear magically was simply preposterous. Everything would always work out so long as she hoped for it. She was safe in the comfort of her own home.
There was no monster out to get her.
Yet, in the world of Atalan, things are not what they seem and Soliana will learn that lesson the hard way.
It was time for her to wake up.
Some teasers for those interested (they're still rough as I'm slowly piecing together the blog):

"I want to see Jack's face again. I want to tell him I love him. I always will."

So, there we have it.
All of these stories are going to be updated fairly regularly, and I am doing PMs for anyone who is interested in receiving updates via Carl's. Just let me know if you want to be in on any of the stories above, or multiple of them. This includes Factions, as when I go to launch it I may not have a way of alerting everyone (here) who is interested in reading it depending on the status of this thread.

Also, before we wrap this bit up, if there are any Reaper characters you would like to hear about that weren't mentioned (or perhaps more detailed entries about the ones that were) please feel free to ask! I'm always willing to explain what my thoughts/what happened with certain characters.
Otherwise, that's it for me.
<3
Lots of love,
Livvielove

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #1086 on: November 17, 2016, 07:59:17 AM »
Ooooooo, I need to find some free time to read that Quinn story!!!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #1087 on: November 28, 2016, 11:52:00 AM »
@Pippin oh you so do! You so really do!

@LivvieLove I have to admit that this phrase intrigues me "I've just... seen too many things that make me a little uncomfortable". I now really want to know what you're talking about. Obviously, you can't say it here, but a PM? Please, pretty please, with cherries and sprinkles and Reaper/Keepers on top ;-D

I hereby dub Mary and Aleccas as Maralec... Not my best effort (Majanne and Eviter are solid freaking gold lol) but, it'll do...

As sad as I am to see this story end, I too hope that this means more regular 2.0 and Factions and Song! I will always want to receive a PM for ANYTHING you choose to write (well, not a shopping list obviously... Then again, you ARE Livvie, so you would probably make a shopping list interesting lol) ok, sign me up for that shopping list, Liv!

I just realised something... You have 3 stories going (not counting the Nix's) that means more SHIPNAMES whoot!!! Sorry ;-) we all know how I loves me a ship ;-)

*waves bye-bye to this story and hello to the next <3 with much love!

And you ended it perfectly with Maj getting his heart back *sigh *wipes a tear surreptitiously

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #1088 on: November 28, 2016, 03:02:35 PM »
@PeregrineTook
I second the recommendation by @Magpie2012 that you read "Song of the Nightingale." It is truly a wondrous, fantastic tale.
You will fall even more in love with the founder of your Flan-Again Dynasty, I'm certain.