Author Topic: [BUG] Bath/Shower Bug *Fixed!!*  (Read 25869 times)

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
[BUG] Bath/Shower Bug *Fixed!!*
« on: December 20, 2015, 05:52:59 AM »
Hi. As the title says, my sims can't seem to finish using the bath or shower! They get undressed, enter the tub/shower and then the action cancels and they get right out again. I have cleaned cache, repaired game and reset sim... It's only since the latest patch! I'm going on Twitter now to tell some SimGuru's about it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk

Work-around to try:

Now, for the good news:  I took a look through the topic you linked me, and it looks like it's related to having babies on the lots.  The "vision range" of babies isnt being blocked by walls, so the sim freaks out if there's a Bassinet too close to the bathroom.  I moved my baby further away and the issue went away instantly.  If anyone else is having this issue, it's definitely worth a shot!

----------

** Note: ** This is a known bug. If you have this bug please use the link below to share your experience with the bug and also to click the Me Too button below the the first post in the thread. This may help it get some attention and possibly fixed.

Queues being dropped/stuff added (aka toilet/shower bug)
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/FEEDBACK-Queues-being-dropped-stuff-added-aka-toilet-shower-bug/td-p/4997467

[WORKAROUND] Sim gets straight out of bath and only takes showers
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-Sim-gets-straight-out-of-bath-and-only-takes-showers/m-p/5058193#U5058193

Edited By: MrsFlynn - Jan.12.1016
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Tigerskin

• Occult
Re: [BUG] Bath/Shower Bug
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2015, 06:31:46 AM »
Magpie, I had this but it seemed to be linked to the toilet bug. So for me this was before the latest patch.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2015, 07:04:54 AM »
I've had this since the last update, I found that if I queue up several shower interactions in a row eventually one will take.  Not a very neat solution but better than stinky sims.

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2015, 11:56:59 PM »
Well, I did a bit of play testing last night, and it seems as if it's only my pre-patch families that are affected :-( the rest can bathe to their hearts content! I hope EA fixes this soon, as I really miss my Curie family!

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2015, 02:49:13 AM »
Have you tried evicting household and moving them back into their house to see if that might help?

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2015, 10:23:12 PM »
Hmm, I didn't think of that! Thanks @MrsFlynn I will try that when I get home from work tonight! I almost thought my new household had the same bug when I sent her to go bath with soak and she got in and out in 2 seconds. But then I got a pop-up saying she couldn't afford it lol shame my horribly poor sim!

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2015, 11:43:49 PM »
Posting here hoping someone else has an idea for this...  Every time I have a sim take a bath, they hop in then immediately hop out, and sometimes do the "gasp of horror" like they just say another sim on the toilet or whatever.  Showers seem to work alright, so my hygiene isn't in trouble... but this means I can't get the moodlets for doing a soak.  I've done a cache clear and repair, tried a different tub, tried moving the tub to a different room, still happens... anyone got any ideas?
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2015, 12:32:31 AM »
@dethdukk

This is a known bug, see first post if you want to read more on it. From what I can tell there isn't a fix or work around it as of yet.

But do have the suggestion of evict the household and then move them back into their house.  Not sure if it will work, but it might be something worth a try.

MrsFlynn
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2015, 12:36:07 AM »
@MrsFlynn

Ah, well...  it's a challenge file, so I can't move off the lot, but good to know it's a known issue.  Guess I'll have to get by without those moodlets for now!
Knethen Immortal Dynasty

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2015, 12:41:20 AM »
@dethdukk

You can always copy your household and house to library and place them into a new game to test to see if it would help. If you find that it does then you might want to ask the challenge team if you can use evict family to reset them. It might be worth asking about if it works in your test game.

MrsFlynn

==========
@MrsFlynn

Ah, well...  it's a challenge file, so I can't move off the lot, but good to know it's a known issue.  Guess I'll have to get by without those moodlets for now!

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2015, 12:55:19 AM »
@MrsFlynn

Hey, so:  it's actually a self-made modification of the ID challenge, so it's more or less up to me, but I'm attempting to follow the rules of the challenge unless its absolutely neccesary I break them.

Now, for the good news:  I took a look through the topic you linked me, and it looks like it's related to having babies on the lots.  The "vision range" of babies isnt being blocked by walls, so the sim freaks out if there's a Bassinet too close to the bathroom.  I moved my baby further away and the issue went away instantly.  If anyone else is having this issue, it's definitely worth a shot!
Knethen Immortal Dynasty

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2015, 03:38:04 AM »
Huh, ok so there is a baby on my lot, and its in the room next to two of the bathrooms, but its 2 rooms away from the other bathroom and my sims can't shower in there either :-( I'm practicing the Tournament challenges now so won't be playing that family for a while, hopefully some Guru will fix it soon!

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2015, 03:48:04 AM »
@Magpie2012

I don't know how big your rooms are, but:  I moved my bassinet about 15 squares away from my tub, and that fixed my issue...  Also, it should go away when the baby ages up to a child.  One other thing, someone on that topic mentioned that if they had any dirty dishes that would cause the same issue, you may want to check around your house for anything that needs cleaned...  puddles, dirty sinks, etc.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty

Offline Magpie2012

• Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2015, 03:53:48 AM »
No dirty stuff in my house, I have the nanocan lol but 15 squares O_O I might have to put the kid outside for that! Thanks for letting me know, will play test at some point when I'm done practicing for the Tournament

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2015, 12:33:25 PM »
Part of this bug has to do with the new bush and/or update.  Don't have and toilets on your lot, just have bushes is one "fix".  Not a good one.  My fix was to repair the EP's separately after cleaning caches etc.  THEN cleaning the whole game.  Worked just fine.  My Sims can now bathe etc.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery