Author Topic: Another Labelle Story - Announcement - Graveyard  (Read 19021 times)

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
Re: Another Labelle Story - Chapter 11 - She Knows More Than You Think
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2016, 08:29:01 AM »
The feels... She is a little spit-fire isn't she :-) just like her Mama *sob*
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
  • The Labelles shall overtake!
I love this chapter so, so much!
I almost feel bad for poor Uncle Jupiter.
Almost.

Also, can I say how much I adore the title "grandpa Jack?" That's so perfect for him. He's nothing but a big grandpa at heart. I also love how Jupiter is going to get a nice lecture about Eveline. It'll be great. I can almost hear Jack now.
"Jupiter, let me call her and you can talk to her."
"No, Jack, that's not a good idea."
"I can tell you've been really bothered by this. It's not good to let these things sit inside, and do you know..."

I just love everything about this chapter.

Thank you so much! Oh this isn't the end of Kaida's insults. It has just began.

The feels... She is a little spit-fire isn't she :-) just like her Mama *sob*

She is a little spit-fire like her mother. I miss her and Liam together.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
Re: Another Labelle Story - Chapter 12 - Where Are You?
« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2016, 06:58:59 PM »

Clarissa closed her eyes and was engulfed into the darkness from all the funny shapes and her beautiful little girl. Where was Liam? Who was Liam? Clarissa shook her head. Where was she? Clarissa stared around the large, open field. Was she dead? Clarissa flinched at the memory of the woman smirking. She was dead. Where was she? Where was her family? Clarissa closed her eyes and let the pain sink in. She couldn’t remember their names. She couldn’t remember anyone’s names.

Clarissa closed her eyes and collapsed to the ground. Luke? No, Liam. Don’t forget Liam. Tears started streaming down her face. Where was he? Where was that little girl? Happiness had been in her grasp and she had wasted it. Took it for granted. She was a fool. “Where are you? Why didn’t you come for me?” Her heart was torn into pieces that were being swept away. She hadn’t even been able to say goodbye to him. Why hadn’t he showed up at the hospital? Clarissa shook her head. She got up, wiped the tears off her face and looked around. All she could see was miles of fields that seemed to gone on forever.

She was determined to get back, somehow. She started walking south, assuming that there must be an ending to this thing. She needed a distraction. Yes, a blissful distraction. She had never thought she would be walking in an empty field for the little girl she was missing and him. Silent tears started falling down her face again. She needed to stop this. She would find them again. Clarissa started ranting to no one in particular. “I finally found someone and I get smuggled with a pillow! A pillow! I can’t find an end to this stupid field and I can’t find anyone!” Clarissa shook her head. Resentment grew stronger with every step until she felt she could no longer keep it contained. She wanted to scream at something, blame something or anyone. So she did. “Where were you? Why didn’t you come? Am I stuck in this place for the rest of eternity? Is anyone here?!”

She was talking to the sky. She was talking to the freaking sky. Clarissa peered at the sky. It wasn’t the sky she was use to. How many days, months, years had she been dead? Clarissa started screaming again. She was losing her mind that was for sure. “Someone answer me! I can’t be the only one in this place! Am I dead? Where are you people?!” Every step fueled that she couldn’t contain. Why bother? Who cared anyways? She was losing her mind. Suddenly someone answered back. “Not quite.” Clarissa stopped in tracks and peered into the field looking for the source. “What? I’m not dead?” The voice seemed aggravated. Oh great, she was hearing voices. “You were suppose to become the next goddess of the Moon until someone decided to change fate.”

Clarissa laughed. “I’m not a goddess. I’m dead. D-E-A-D. Game over.” The voice audibly sighed. “You aren’t dead. You need to wake up and to do so you need to complete a few tasks.” Clarissa finally felt a glimmer of hope in the barren field. “What tasks, oh great voice in my head?” Clarissa smirked. She felt a pang of sadness where her heart should have been beating. “You need to restore a wolf clan and manage to avoid the time keepers.” Clarissa tilted her head. “The whats?” “Just keep heading south. This isn’t an issue that will be easily fixed. You will need to have 9 generations of descendants so you can ascend to goddesshood. You will still be in charge of carrying out the duties of the goddess of moon and restoring the wolf packs.”

Clarissa sighed. “That sounds like a big job. I’m a scientist that can’t keep a job. I’m the person that got smuggled with a pillow. I’m not a goddess.” Somehow Clarissa kept heading south even if she didn’t believe what the voice was promising. Having an ounce of hope that she could get back to them was better than nothing. Clarissa held her head high and didn’t let anything destroy her. Not even death it seemed. “You are my replacement. Get use to it.” Clarissa heard the anger in the voice. “What is your name anyways, oh wise voice in my head that isn’t clearly caused by a hallucination?” The voice chuckled. “Nyx Niccoli.” Clarissa looked around for something and her hands landed on a leather journal. Huh. “Didn’t I have this when I was alive Nyx?” Nyx didn’t answer back for a long time and when she did her voice was full of suspicion. “Where did you get that? Where did you get Fate’s journal?” Clarissa shrugged. “I don’t know.” She could see a furry shape coming into her distance. “Wrong answer.” Clarissa blacked out, not knowing what was going to happen.

=======================================================================

Three wolves with eyes that seemed to stare into her soul surrounded her. She was too weak to try anything. If she was dead it didn’t matter. One wolf, the alpha it seemed, nudged her gently to get up. In return, Clarissa gave it a hostile glare. It growled at her. The other two stared at her with those same uncanny eyes. Clarissa stumbled back looking for something to throw. All her bravado was gone. “Leave me alone!”

The wolves slowly backed off and waited for something, anything it seemed. Clarissa was searching around for something that could be used as a weapon if things went badly. Anything. Everything. Clarissa stared at the wolves. What were they waiting for? Out of the glimpse of her eye she saw a young woman walking towards her. She smiled. Clarissa stared at her and finally realized was so strange about the woman. She had the exact same eyes as her. This didn’t comfort Clarissa one bit, it unnerved her.  Who was this woman? The woman offered Clarissa a hand. Clarissa was tempted to punch the woman for no reason. Clarissa shook her head, where would that get her?

So she hesitantly took the woman’s hand. She was beautiful in her own light. Her hair was so light it was almost appeared to be white. It was absurd to Clarissa. The thing that unnerved her the most was that the woman had her eyes. The woman stared at Clarissa a little too long to be normal. Her eyes said what words could not. Clarissa cleared her throat. “Where am I? The woman shook her head. “I don’t know who you are speaking of. You are on a werewolf reservation.” Clarissa rolled her eyes and started laughing. “There is no such thing as a werewolf reservation.” Clarissa turned around to the largest wolf and continued laughing. “This isn’t real!

The woman smiled sadly at her. “Your father didn’t teach you anything about where he came from?” Clarissa’s smile faded. “What?” The woman stared impatiently past Clarissa and gestured for the wolves to go away. All of them left except one. The woman rolled her eyes. “I will be fine.” The wolf stared at Clarissa that was more human-like than wolf-like and gracefully walked away. Clarissa stared at the woman. “My mother has a strange family and you are telling me my father has a strange family too?” The woman chuckled. “He was a follower of Nyx.”

Clarissa clawed at her memory for the name. Nyx. Nyx Niccoli. She wasn’t sure she had heard the woman right. “Who?” The woman shook her head. “He was a follower of the woman you will be replacing.” Clarissa shook her head. I need to find a way to get back, him.” Clarissa couldn’t remember his name in that moment. The woman stared curiously at her. “Who?” Clarissa shook her head again. “I don’t know. I need to get back. You don’t understand. I’m not done. I can’t leave him.” The woman’s smile faded. “He will heal. I’m sorry this was forced onto you. Visiting him would just make it more painful for him to move on. Come along.” The woman started walking and Clarissa found herself walking towards her. Clarissa stared at the ground. Nyx had promised her that she would be able to get back to him when she “waked up.” She would find a way back to him even if it destroyed her in the process. He would heal, but she wouldn’t. She didn’t want to be anywhere else but with him and the little girl.

Entering the reservation Clarissa couldn’t help but have a deja vu feeling. Grace explained it to her on the way. “You are technically neither alive nor dead, someone needs to replace Nyx. She died and no one knows exactly who killed her. She was one of the oldest of the gods. Your spirit is bounded to this reservation. This is an extremely unique case. If a replacement for Nyx had been able you would have gone to the World of Essence.” Clarissa had stared at her. “The what?” Grace smiled. “The World of Essence is where those ever touched with goddess or god power will go. They are the ones that choose the next gods and goddesses. Recently the god of Death was replaced.” Grace tensed up at the word “god of Death.” Clarissa didn’t pry why Grace tensed up. “Who replaced him?” Grace laughed lightly. “Maleficent Labelle.” Clarissa grinned like a madwoman. “That explains a lot.”

Children ran up to her and stared at her in awe. Clarissa felt a sharp pain hit her when she saw the innocent faces gazing up at her with awe. It reminded her of someone. She was rushed around by small children showing her the place. Clarissa couldn’t help but filled with awe. The place was amazing. The people were self sufficient. One child tugged on Grace’s dress. “He is bothering us! The one with the hat!” Grace knelt down and stared the child in the eyes. “What has he done this time?” The girl shrugged. “He keeps asking for Alice. I think he is lost.” Clarissa couldn’t help but have yet another deja vu feeling when the little girl mentioned “the one with the hat.” Grace frowned. “You never told me what he looked like.” The little girl shrugged. “I can’t remember. All I remember is the hat and him muttering about Alice.”  The little girl ran off as Grace peered over at what Clarissa assumed was the girl's parents.

“I think she just made the person up. She is a child so that isn’t that big of a deal.” Grace smiled at Clarissa. The whole situation unsettled Clarissa though. “Are you sure?” Grace chuckled. “Children are strange.” Clarissa felt another pang where her heart should have been beating. Everything she had never known she had wanted until she had lost it had slipped out of the palm of her hand. Clarissa closed her eyes. If she could have one second, one minute, with him what would she say? Clarissa tapped Grace on the shoulder. “Is it possible I could see them?” Grace stared at her with a mixture of understanding and pity. “You wouldn’t give him the option to move on.” Clarissa snapped. “I don’t care! I just need to see him one more time! Just one more time.” Grace nodded. “Later.” Clarissa felt her hands clench into fists. Later? Later!

How long would it take for her to forget him? How long until she couldn’t even remember who he was? She was in a delicate balance between life and death which was showing to have consequences. Grace led her through the reservation where people were daring to catch a glimpse of their new “goddess.” She wasn’t a goddess. She was just herself. Mothers doted at their children that ran around like untamed animals while wolves circled the reservation, restless. Clarissa tapped Grace on the shoulder who jerked up in frustration. “What is going on? Why are they still in their animal forms?” Grace wouldn’t look Clarissa in the eye. “Ever since Nyx died the situation has declined. Everything is out of balance. Soon enough the time keepers are going to come.” Clarissa glared daggers at Grace. “The what? No one really explained them to me.” Grace sighed. “They will be forced to restore order to the situation.” Clarissa sighed. “What does that mean?” Grace crossed her arms against her chest. “You will know soon enough.”

Grace waved her forward into a large house. “This is where you will be staying for a while. I can introduce you to the families later. Just get some rest, or meditate. I’m sure this is a lot to take in.” The door slammed shut, leaving Clarissa in the darkness. Alone. “Nyx, where are you? Nyx?” No one answered. Clarissa took a deep breath and decided she needed to see how he was doing, anything that could help her. She found herself weaving through the shadows fairly easily. She was overwhelmed with the feeling of power she had never knew she had. Liam was right there in front of her. Clarissa rushed out to embrace him, but couldn’t reach him. A curious face stared at her and smiled. That was when the horrid screaming started and didn’t stop. Clarissa fell to the ground in agony. She yearned to comfort him and started rocking back and forth. “I’m fine Liam. I will get back to you Liam. Please. Stop doing this.”

Liam had his head in his hands. It never struck Clarissa how much he loved her until that moment. He whispered a few words that she could barely catch,”I can’t do this Clarissa.” Clarissa reached out for him but only grabbed at darkness. “No more potions! Stop! I’m not worth it Liam.” Surprisingly a gentle face that had Clarissa’s hair and her father’s perfect, green eyes rushed to comfort her father.

The little girl spoke.
“No potions.” Clarissa jerked up. How did she hear her? The little girl had seemed surprised herself. Liam shook his head, barely recognizable as the arrogant man she had first met.
“You don’t understand Kaida.” The little girl seemed to smile at Clarissa. Clarissa tried to smile back. She spoke with more confidence that Clarissa could have ever managed that was clearly from her father.
“No potions. Potions are bad. I’m not stupwid.”
Liam gave her his signature smile.
“You are already so much like your mother.”
Clarissa smiled sadly at the little girl. She did have her determination, that was sure with Liam’s confidence. A dangerous combination it seemed.
Kaida glared daggers at her father. “No potions.”
Clarissa was right. Deadly combination.
Liam agreed hesitantly with Kaida. “No more potions.” Clarissa didn’t even realize it but she was remembering names again. Her smile got wider. Liam shouldn’t be torturing herself over her anyways. She wasn’t worth it. She loved him so much and wanted the best for him.

Liam lifted Kaida in the air and she started screaming with joy. Clarissa laughed. Her little baby girl. “As long as you stay with me nutter, I promise.” Clarissa’s heart plummeted. Kaida agreed. “I promise.” Clarissa left after that and was left in the shadows alone. Should she let him heal and stop torturing him? Clarissa sobbed. Had she ever cried so much in her life? Clarissa laughed bitterly. She just wanted the best for him. It would be selfish for her to walk back into his life after tearing it apart. She would only go back if he wanted her to. She needed to raise her little girl and maybe, just maybe she could go back to Liam. She had been selfish and wasted precious seconds with him. She was a fool. Clarissa sighed and was left to pick up the pieces of her heart. “Let's get started on this deal of ours Nyx.” “Took you long enough.”

Maleficent learned that goddesses couldn’t die easily when someone decided to run her over with a car. She was walking around the city staring at the bright lights that haunted her at every twist and turn. Unaccumulated cellar. The game was not an easy one to win if you didn’t know how to cheat. Staying alive was a difficult thing to do in this city. The car jerked to a stop but it was too late. It was Maleficent’s move. With a gesture of her hand the car flipped over. Anyone that could save the now severely injured in the car would think think they were just seeing things as their lives flashed in front of their eyes. The goddess of Death couldn’t have glared at them and walked away, right? Maleficent stared at the place where her very dead friend had been. She couldn’t have saved her. Nondivisional bulldog. What would have happened to Clarissa and the baby? They would have both ended up dead.

That is what Maleficent kept telling herself. At the end of the day Clarissa and Megan were both still dead. Dead wasn’t the irreversible. Being dead and going to the World of Essence was. Actually, Maleficent didn’t know where their spirits actually were. She was a sad excuse of a Death goddess. Usually the bodies of those who were destined to go to the World of Essence disintegrated after they died. Neither did that and she couldn’t find either of their spirits. She had dreaded calling Charlie, her father, to inform him his last child was now dead. Maleficent flinched at the memory. The funeral had been depressing. Maleficent usually liked funerals. Clarissa’s though? Maleficent didn’t think Liam would ever have the guts to have one for her.

It wasn’t his fault. Maleficent didn’t even know how Clarissa had really died. Maleficent sighed and stared at the wreckage of the car. Back to work. You would think being the goddess of Death would have more to do with death and less paperwork. It doesn’t. Maleficent made a gesture with her hand and a portal opened. Maleficent glanced over her shoulder, still surprised that in mere seconds mortals ceased to be able to see her. She stepped through the portal to her realm. The realm of Death.

With a gesture of her hand the door’s to her castle bursted open. Maleficent stared around the castle, waiting for her best friend to come back from behind her and start rambling about the vastness of the castle. Maleficent closed her eyes and just for a moment, even a small one, she could see her friend jumping in the piles of paperwork and running around the halls of the castle. Maleficent opened her eyes and was only met with the loneliness of her great power. A few moments ago she had been a teenager that was forced to travel through time cursing people for Fate for her Family. A few moments ago she had something she could honestly say she lived for. This, though? This was death. Maleficent rushed up the stairs, not taking a second to admire the fine design of them. Subnormal bicycling.

Maleficent navigated past the maze of rooms in her castle until she finally reached her study. She started checking off everything that needed to be addressed at that exact moment and things that could wait. Maleficent closed her eyes and allowed herself only a few sparse moments to mediate. Wearied raspberry. Lurching bandit. Chilling parasite. She reclined in the back of her chair as the fire in her study suddenly roared to life. Maleficent frowned. A god was trying to break her barrier. She had been ignoring the council for too long it seemed. Not her problem. They could wait.

With a snap of her fingers the articles on her desk started floating as Maleficent filled out the paperwork with inhuman speed. Everyone who passed through the gates of her realm had paperwork that needed to be filled out. She finished the papers with ease as she looked for Megan and Clarissa’s. It would be the easiest option to find out their cause of death in the paperwork. Maleficent liked to keep tabs on everything going on but she was new. Her other option was to mess with time and watch their deaths happen.

Maleficent’s gaze skirted to the telephone that was ringing. She didn’t have time for this. The fire roared to life once again. Maleficent rolled her eyes. 
“What do you want Agonin?”
“For the good of everyone stop this and come back to it later.”
Maleficent frowned and rolled her eyes.
“I’m multitasking.”
“You are an untrained goddess.”
“What? I’m doing paperwork.”
“With the death keepers it is urgent you need to start your training.”
“Later.” Maleficent didn’t even react to the news. Of course the council found out about them. The more you knew.
“That isn’t an option.”
Maleficent gestured for the objects to stop floating and resume their original place.

“Who is going to teach me? Adessi? I’m a HUGE fan of hers. Didn’t you know? Malice? I’m not his equal though. I should be the one bowing down before him clearly. Calypso? Wait. She is a little preoccupied right now.”
The world started spinning again or wait, was that just the fact everything in the room was floating? Maybe both. The paintings were insulting her again. How rude.
“Have you created the barrier/doorway between the living and the dead? Have you found a place to settle in at?  Do you have a system that can tell you everyone who's alive and everyone who's dead? Do you have followers to collect the souls finding their way to your realm? Do you know when and where people are going to die at? Do you have a book or two of all the living in it? Do you know how to fight to keep your domain when the death keepers rise?

Maleficent rose from her chair.
“ENOUGH. I get the idea Agonin. I will do my job and you will do yours.”
The fire roared to life once again and would not settle down.
Maleficent could hear Agonin’s frustration on the other side of the phone.
“You are starting to become Majnun.”
Maleficent laughed.
“You mean I’m doing my job that WELL already? Thank you. Tell the council I will meet with them soon enough.” With that Maleficent threw the phone at the wall. Maleficent mumbled under her breath,”I’m going to have to replace that.”
Suddenly Maleficent turned around and noticed the strange man’s presence. He was pouring tea and mumbling gibberish.

“Oiled hysteria. Death. Eeriest channeling. To. Electrifying geese. The. Marketable pickup. Red. Antiexpressionist bunk. Queen.”
Maleficent stared the strange man in the eye.
“What are you doing in my house. Only-” Maleficent’s eyes widened in surprise.
The strange man stared at her desk. “What such fine detail! The bunny rabbits will love this! Do you think the ostriches would be okay if I stole it? No! No! We can’t be having any of that, can we?” The man’s voice was at moments very low and at other moments very high.
Maleficent stared at the strange man’s hat and noted his obsession with tea. She was standing in the presence of a legend. She was standing in the presence of the Mad Hatter.

Maleficent laughed. She had once inspired to be like this man. She frowned. “Why are you here?”
The man’s fingers started tapping to the rhythm of the fire’s roars. Maleficent simply calmed the fire down with one look. A bubbly laughter came out of him. “It seems you are having a bad day. Would you like some tea?”
Maleficent ignored him. Anticryptic tryout. Uninstigated flatterer. Unstabbed maid.
“No. Why are you here?”

The Mad Hatter gestured for his teacup to stop floating.
“What a shame. I’m here to inform you about unjudicative sandstorm. Clarissa. The new goddess of the Moon. Killed by the unprovokable mini computer. Amelie. The new death keeper that has risen is unscratchable lollipop. Kaida.”
Maleficent felt suspicion rising in her.
“How did you get this information?” The Mad Hatter laughed and stirred his tea.
“I’m a priest of Time’s Past. Consider us even.” The Mad Hatter stared at his watch and frowned. “Tea time has come to an end my dear.” With a simple toss of his hat the Mad Hatter flickered out of the room like he had never existed. Maleficent shaked her head and stared at the teacup that had been there moments before. The information had shocked her. What was the most disturbing bit of information was that if she was right about the Mad Hatter’s real identity then she would be thrown into not one, but two wars.

================================================================
 Jupiter closed his eyes for just a moment, he could see her. The way her cheeks turned pink when she was embarrassed, how she was too excited and has trouble keeping secrets, and how she always smelled like flowers, honey, and fire. She was forever optimistic and her laugh was adorable even if she alway denied it. For a moment he almost forgot he was a monster. Jupiter flinched from the memory of Eveline at death’s door.

He couldn’t protect her. All he ever brought was destruction to the people he loved. The best thing he could do was stay away from them. Every step he took closer to them endangered their lives. Especially hers. There was no doubt in his mind that he would die for her. If the situation was different, if he was only human. Kaida stared at Jupiter curiously and offered him a mischievous smile. “Are you still bwooding over Eveliwe?”

“You don't understand, she's everything good in the world, and I'm everything terrible. As much as I want her, I can't stand the thought of hurting her." Jupiter’s eyes held the pain of what felt to be a thousand deaths. Kaida sighed and plopped down. “Yow are an idiot. I’m not sure how much flowers and duwct tape can fix this.” Jupiter just ended up putting his head in his hands. He was a monster. “Why do you have an obsession with duct tape?” Kaida grinned at him. “Duct tape can fix anything that is broken stupwid.” “I’m stupid Kaida. I’m terrible.” Kaida rolled her eyes. “Well duh. If you weren’t stupwid you wouldn’t be the Uncle Jupiter I wove.” Jupiter gave Kaida one of his rare smiles.

“I will protect you no matter the cost is and that is why I’m going to stay away. You will hurt after awhile but you will be safe.” Kaida sighed. “The onwly way I can be happy is if you find Eveliwe and stop bwooding. I want stupwid cousins like you. Plus, that cweepy dude with yellow eyes is startwing to freak me out.” Jupiter turned around and looked in the direction Kaida was pointing at. He saw nothing. Kaida frowned. “I know it is rude to poinwt Kewfka!” Jupiter sprinted outside to where Liam and Jack were having a deep conversation. Jack and Liam stopped and stared at Jupiter. “What is going on? Where is Kaida?” Jupiter pointed inside the house. “She mentioned that Kefka was watching her.” Jack just waved Jupiter away. “It is just the Keepers.” Liam smirked. “My daughter better not be torturing them just yet.” Jupiter walked back into the house, his face burning. Inside he found the toddler watching the news. He had learned not to question what was normal and abnormal.

“Another woman attacked in Midnight Hollow and this has randomly turned from random killings to an epidemic. The victim’s family has successfully been identified. The woman appears to be in her early 20’s, and has darker skin and blonde hair.  The woman was rushed to the hospital after several puncture wounds to vital organs but was declared dead this morning. More on-”

Jupiter didn’t notice that he was clutching the television remote in his hand. With a click of a button the television turned off and the remote shattered in his hand. Jupiter closed his eyes and didn’t notice his hands were trembling. His voice was surprisingly. “Jack, where did Eveline and her family go?” Jack walked in the house glancing at Kaida who was staring at Jupiter curiously.

Jack replied calmly,”Midnight Hollow Jupiter. What is the matter?” Jupiter just pointed at the television. “I have to go to Midnight Hollow.” Jack sighed. “Okay Jupiter. Let me just tell Liam though, okay?” Liam gave Jack a little nod and he sighed with relief. “I’m coming with you Jupiter.” Jupiter’s eyes almost watered. After all this time Jack still loved him? Jupiter nodded and gave Jack a small smile. As they were walking out of Liam’s house only one though appeared in Jupiter’s head, Please be okay Eveline Reaper.

===========================================================

Thank you so much LivvieLove for building the reservation! I appreciate it! They would have been living in boxes if I had built the reservation... Also, thank you for allowing me to have Jupiter and Jack for a little while! I hope Jupiter can get back to Eveline before Kaida attempts to duct tape his mouth shut.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2016, 07:19:50 PM »
I LOVE THIS CHAPTER SO MUCH.

Oh those wolves were fantastic! I loved Maleficent's study and the MAD HATTER! AH!
DEATH TO THE RED QUEEN.
XD

I have so much I want to say about this chapter! =)
First of all - ouch. My heart aches for Clarissa.
Second of all - I'm sending a high five to Maleficent.
Third of all - Kaida should duct tape Jupiter's mouth anyways (perhaps then he'll feel safer around Eveline)?

<3 <3 <3 I can't say how much I adore this chapter, words just can't express. Thanks for taking care of my idiot Jupiter and Jack. :3
Now we just need to get Clarissa back home.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2016, 10:58:04 PM »
Oh the feels! The feels! There is so much to love in this chapter, that I couldn't possibly start to list them all. But, I just had to comment on the last bit:

Jupiter is going to Evie! Whoot! *smustles*

I know Clari will find her way, Liam and Kaida need her. And Mali?!? OMG, when she thought she was going to go and witness their deaths, my first thought was "yeah! Go kick some rear!" Until I realised that she wouldn't be allowed to change it anyway :-(

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
« Reply #50 on: June 02, 2016, 08:32:34 PM »
I LOVE THIS CHAPTER SO MUCH.

Oh those wolves were fantastic! I loved Maleficent's study and the MAD HATTER! AH!
DEATH TO THE RED QUEEN.
XD

I have so much I want to say about this chapter! =)
First of all - ouch. My heart aches for Clarissa.
Second of all - I'm sending a high five to Maleficent.
Third of all - Kaida should duct tape Jupiter's mouth anyways (perhaps then he'll feel safer around Eveline)?

<3 <3 <3 I can't say how much I adore this chapter, words just can't express. Thanks for taking care of my idiot Jupiter and Jack. :3
Now we just need to get Clarissa back home.

Aww! Thanks! Clarissa is going through some crazy stuff right now. I feel sorry for her. I miss her with Liam. Maleficent is pretty awesome. I love writing her so much. Kaida recommends duct tape and flowers. I have a feeling you will be seeing more of the Mad Hatter....

Oh the feels! The feels! There is so much to love in this chapter, that I couldn't possibly start to list them all. But, I just had to comment on the last bit:

Jupiter is going to Evie! Whoot! *smustles*

I know Clari will find her way, Liam and Kaida need her. And Mali?!? OMG, when she thought she was going to go and witness their deaths, my first thought was "yeah! Go kick some rear!" Until I realised that she wouldn't be allowed to change it anyway :-(

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk

Thank you Magpie! I'm glad you liked it! Jupiter always finds his way back to Eveline, at least that is what I think. Yeah, Maleficent is bound to the rule book at the moment, BUT someone else isn't.  :-X

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
Re: Another Labelle Story - Chapter 13, Part 1 - More Than Words
« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2016, 08:51:15 PM »
I'm sorry for not posting in forever! I went on vacation and my game was accidentally deleted. Now, while I'm slowly restoring it back it only works a quarter of the time due to random issues. I'm slowly saving up money and getting myself a proper gaming computer. Hopefully I can get my computer working and I can get more updates out. I can't thank @LivvieLove enough for helping me with this chapter. She did Liam's dialogue, she helped me with ideas for the screenshots, she wrote the beginning of the chapter from Liam's perspective and did pretty much everything in this chapter from Liam's perspective, helped me name the chapter, ect.. All I can say is thank you for everything you have done! This broke the forum's limit so it will probably feel a little disjointed in two parts. I regret nothing. I wanted to give you guys the best chapter I could.  ;D
===============================================

There was nothing left to try anymore.
Liam Reaper was a wreck.
Her perfect eyes. Her smile when he annoyed her. The blush that filled her cheeks. The way her face looked as she slept. It was all gone. It was gone forever. There was just nothing left to try anymore. He had seen people die before - it didn’t look like this. It was something he knew in his gut. Clarissa wasn’t gone. No one would believe him though. He’s just the poor man who lost the woman he loved.

They were right. He had tried everything he could think of. The Reapers could bring people back from the dead. Jack’s grandmother, Demi Reaper, had come back from the dead. Yet nothing he did worked. The void had taken his Clarissa and with her, all of Liam’s hopes and dreams. He failed her. He failed her like he failed his mother. He put his head in his hands as her body lay but a foot away. He just wanted to fall apart. He wanted to die.

He stood slowly and moved to sit closer to her - closer to the woman who meant everything to him. He didn’t want to believe she was really gone. He touched her cheek slightly. He wanted to feel the warmth of her again. He let out a shaky breath and slowly lifted the shell of the woman he loved to him. He wanted to just be dead. He wanted to be with her again, but he could never do that. Kaida needed him. He would not be like his parents. He wouldn’t let himself fall apart, no matter what it took. He smiled weakly through tears at the thought of his daughter. He would need a lot of duct tape.

It was like the mention of her in his thoughts summoned her, and she crawled into the doorway. She stared at him with big eyes - his eyes, but eyes that still held traces of Clarissa in them. In the way they sparkled. He had no idea what to say to her. He should have been more careful about not letting her see Clarissa, but he just couldn’t bring himself to care anymore. She deserved to see her mother who still felt so alive, who hadn’t faded away like normal corpses. “I tried, Kaida.” He whispered to her. “I tried to help your mom.” He looked down at Clarissa’s face and let out another trembling breath. “I failed.” Kaida shook her head and gently touched Clarissa’s shoulder before leaving the room.  She knew what she was doing. She was bringing her mother back.

======================================================================

Clarissa was jerked back into a time and place she no longer knew. Everytime she had reached for the place it disappeared into the shadows, leaving only the moon to keep her company. This time it was different though. Something was off. Everything was brighter when all she had known was that her world had collapsed into darkness. Agonizing darkness that haunted her and left her screaming for death, screaming for the ones she use to know. Screaming for Kaida. Screaming for Liam. Screaming for her father. It just went on and on in this tendious cycle of darkness beating the light. It seemed the darkness always won the battle. Everything had came into focus as the minutes started ticking by. Agonizing screams clawed at her as light danced in her eyes. Once the screams were gone all that was left was the heavy sobbing of the one she loved more than anything.

"I'm so sorry, Clarissa." His voice was broken. He was a broken man. "I'm so..." His voice fell into the sobs. He choked on the words he wanted to say. "I need you." His voice was barely audible. "I would... give anything..." He swallowed hard. "I would trade anything... I would DO anything..." His voice grew muffled as he wiped the tears from his face. "I would trade myself for just a minute with you again. Please, Clarissa...? Someone...? Anyone...?" Clarissa wanted to sob, but she couldn't. She was stuck in this lifeless state and she would constantly be tortured by the fact she couldn't do anything. She was useless. She was foolish. Why hadn't she told him she loved him more, why hadn't she treasured every precious moment with him? Why had she loved him too much and fell too far while dragging him down with her? She just needed to show him that she was there. She would always be there. She was not unstoppable unless she had Liam by her side. She was weak and without him she was nothing. Clarissa felt the darkness crashing her again as struggled to keep it away from her.

Stop fighting it. It was a single thought that had clawed at her mind. Was it her or the ex-goddess of the moon? She knew what to do. She knew more than ever. She gave into the power once and for all. Mary Reaper’s voice echoed through her mind in those moments,”Embrace it now or the fear of it will consume you forever.” It was a part of her that Clarissa knew she would never give up. She couldn't. The light brightened and the darkness parted, waiting for it’s master to call to it at a moment's notice. The moon always led those who were lost home. In darkness light shone brighter than the hardships around it. It just took death for Clarissa to realize this. I’m here. Clarissa squeezed Liam’s hand with all the strength she could muster in those few moments. She hadn’t realized how much she loved him until she had lost him.

Her voice shaked as she finally answered him in years,”I’m here.” Liam felt everything crash into him as he pulled his head up. His eyes searched her desperately - and there she was. It was a moment that felt like an eternity, seeing her eyes gazing back at his. "Clarissa?" His voice was weak and his lower lip trembled. "My... my Clarissa? You came back?" His voice broke. "You came back!" He couldn't stand it any longer, every inch of space between them was a mile and he wanted to eliminate the gap. He crushed himself over to her, pulling her as close to him as he could, but it wasn't close enough. "Am I dreaming? I... I lost you!" His whole body shook. "I thought I lost you forever..."

Clarissa’s body shaked as she started sobbing. “I-I’m sorry. I’m so sorry. I tried so hard and it wasn’t good enough. I wasn’t good enough Liam. I’m not good enough-” He put his finger to her lips and hushed her, "no, no. Don't talk like that. Please..." He tried to steady himself, to be strong for her, but in the end he succumbed to the tears. "It's all my fault, Clarissa. I should've been there. I'm so sorry!" His body shook with the sobs that tore through him. "Please forgive me. Please!" He begged her. "I swear to you I'll never let you go again. I'll be stronger... I swear. I'll be stronger... and I'll keep you safe... I only ever wanted to keep you safe." He pressed his face to her and could feel her heart beating. He could've shouted - he could've cried and screamed at the most amazing sound he had ever heard. She was alive. "I'm so, so, so..."

Clarissa met his eyes, searching for what he had thought he had done. His beautiful eyes were filled with guilt and regret, something Clarissa understood too well. Before she knew it, she was crushing her lips to his, trying to keep herself from falling apart over what she had done to him. He was a wonderful father to Kaida. He had been willing to sacrifice everything for her when she deserved nothing. He was perfect. He had an ego the size of the moon and made faces that Clarissa couldn’t help but adore. She knew she wouldn't be the first one to pull away from the kiss. She was suppose to allow him to move on but she couldn't. She never could. She couldn't stay away from him or bear to leave his side. She had tried to do the right thing and she had failed. She was selfish. She was arrogant and she loved Liam more than she could imagine. He was her everything. There was nothing to forgive. 

Liam never wanted to break from her kiss, from her grasp. How could she have forgiven him? He was just a fool. One fool who couldn't even answer his phone. He wasn't there when she needed him. How could she ever forgive him for that? Her lips felt better than he remembered. She was perfect and he was just a broken husk of a man. At the same time though, he couldn't stand the thought of letting her walk away now. He pulled back from her only briefly, his hand cupped her face. He stared into her eyes and felt his world slowly start reforming around her. He needed to say something to her, to apologize again, but all he could manage was just a whisper. "Please don't leave me again."

Clarissa stared widely into his eyes, searching for the words to the apology she needed to give him. It had been eating her alive, trying to find the right words to apologize for leaving her daughter and the only person she was positive she loved. She couldn't. Nothing was good enough to express the agony and regret she felt. Guilt was slowly eating her alive as she stared into his wide green eyes that had seen so many more hardships than they deserved. It was simple saying the words out loud. It was as simple as breathing which had been proven to be difficult for Clarissa. “I won’t. I love you.” She managed to choke out between racks of sobs. 

Liam breathed in and felt a smile pulling at his lips. "I love you." He whispered back. "I love you more than words can ever express." He hugged her tighter. "I'm never, ever, letting you go again." She was with him again and he felt whole again. The words that once evaded him came so easily now. "I love you, Clarissa. I always have. I'll do whatever it takes. I love your hair. I love your eyes. I love your laughter. I love the way you pout your lips when you're angry. I love everything you are and everything you do." He needed to say all of it. He needed to tell her. He was afraid she would disappear in his arms again and it killed him. "I'm never going to let you go again. I love you, Clarissa... I love you."

Clarissa hugged Liam as tightly as she could. It would have broke her before, but things had changed. Everything had changed. Clarissa managed a small smile to make its way onto her face and a light laughter manage to escape. She hadn’t known she could laugh anymore. “You have an ego the size of the moon Liam Reaper. You always make faces and scowl at everyone when you can.” She toyed with one of his curls that she loved. The way he smiled, the way he laughed, even the smart remarks he would make caused her happiness she couldn’t imagine being without. I’m not going anywhere.”

He sniffled slightly but a chuckle him. "You assume I would let you." He let out a long breath and steadied himself. "No, you're never getting rid of me. Not now, not ever. So widen the doors in this house, because I'm going to be around for a while." He couldn't bear to let go of her. His hands ran up and down her back and he smiled softly. If this was a dream then he prayed he never woke up. Clarissa laughed. “Have you managed to destroy the house yet?” Tears were still falling down her face as she looked at what she had never thought she could ever get back. It was too good to be true. She knew it couldn’t be real, she couldn’t have been allowed this moment of happiness. She didn’t deserve it. She managed to find the strength to ask Liam another question. She felt something she hadn’t felt in so long. Hope. “How is Kaida? Is she like you? She has your gorgeous eyes but-” Clarissa hesitated, unable to find the words for the daughter she had abandoned.

Liam laughed louder now. "It's mostly in tact. Your daughter is exactly like you." He shook his head. "She's perfect just like you." He wiped her face gently with his fingers. "She's got your hair and attitude with it." He grinned her. His heart was filled with joy and he couldn't stop smiling. He had the one thing he wanted in his arms again and he wasn't going to let that go. He looked at her with adoration in his eyes. "Come and meet her." He whispered. "Come and meet our daughter." Clarissa’s eyes clouded with worry. “I have missed so much of her life already.” Her eyes widened. “She won’t recognize me.” Liam looked at her with gentle eyes. "She will. Trust me, Clarissa. She knows more than you think." He whispered. A smile will pull on his lips, "you should've seen how she bossed Jupiter around when he was here. And Jack too. She's special, Clarissa. Just like you."

Clarissa laughed as she interlaced her hand into Liam's. She couldn't believe how she had been able to have everything she had wanted in her grasp. At one point she would have ended up drowning in self pity because of how her future did not turn out the way she imagined it would. She had learned that the world was not black and white, light against darkness, but a mixture of everything. You took the good with the bad and some days were worse than others. Clarissa's smile managed to stay as she remembered what had brought her here.

======================================================================
Clarissa woke up, unsure of what had happened. She closed her eyes and everything flashed back to her. She was dead and she was staying with one of Nyx’s packs? That sounded right she thought. She couldn’t recall past memories anymore. It was like she was losing a part of herself. Clarissa wiped away the tears falling. This wasn’t the time to cry. She needed to think. Voices were bouncing back and forth, below Clarissa’s room. Screams and hushed whispers combined in perfect chaos. “I won’t kill her!” Clarissa heard someone hush the person screaming. “”You won’t have to Emily. You know that. She will.” The room became deadly silent as someone finally spoke. Grace. That was her name. “Emily we have to kill her to bring Nyx back.” Her voice was surprisingly level for someone plotting another’s death. “I won’t kill my goddess.” Clarissa leaped off the bed, her body processing the situation before she did. They were talking about killing her. She nearly gasped before covering her mouth to keep from making any sound.

If they were like him then they would be able to hear it and know she was awake. What was she doing anyways? Her hands knew before her mind did as she grabbed the journal and a whistle. She didn’t take a moment to wonder how the whistle had showed up but instead just trusted her instincts. She stuffed the two objects in a pillowcase and opened the window. It was something she had done before. It was nothing new. She was running away from the problem. Wasn’t she dead already though? It puzzled Clarissa and she had no time to think about it as she jumped out the window. She landed with a sickening crush but it didn’t hurt her. She was a hybrid that could no longer shift into her wolf form it seemed. Something was echoing in the back of her mind. A single cry, a chant. Come back. Clarissa ran into the darkness picking up her speed as the wolves started chasing her. She had to get out of here but how? She had no clue and she was overwhelmed. She was tempted to sink to the ground and just allow herself to be surrounded by wolves. Why did it matter so much to her to survive?

A silver object fell out of the pillowcase as Clarissa was running for her life. She reached to grab the silver object, afraid that one fatal misstep would cost her. She stared at the whistle for one second before running. She knew what to do. She closed her eyes and placed the whistle to her lips. It was a simple plea. Please get me out of here. Suddenly a ball of light started leading her through a forest, the twist and turns nearly causing Clarissa to stumble. A portal awaited for her at the end and before Clarissa knew it, she dropped everything and stepped through it. She whispered a small thank you to Olivia. That was what helped her. The Reaper’s protection spirit. That was the only thought she could muster as the darkness consumed her. 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
Re: Another Labelle Story - Chapter 13, Part 2 - More Than Words
« Reply #52 on: June 02, 2016, 08:52:15 PM »
Clarissa walked through the small house and noticed it had been noticeably unchanged. Toys were scattered around the house and her gardening pots had been replaced. That was all that had been changed inside the house. She tensed up as the floor creaked under her footsteps and a little girl was tugging on a cat’s tail, scowling. “Stay here Jake.” The cat finally managed to pull away from her grasp, acting as if this was a normal occurrence.

Liam squeezed Clarissa closer to him. It felt like he was dreaming and he refused to let Clarissa go. He never wanted to wake up if this were just a dream. He gazed between his daughter and Clarissa with a warm smile. He could sense Clarissa's hesitation, but she didn't need to be nervous. "Are you picking on Jake, you little nutter?" He grinned. He felt like his face would hurt from smiling so much. He could see Kaida's pout from there and it reminded him so much of Clarissa. He fought off the urge to cry from happiness again. He slowly lowered himself towards Kaida. "Hey, sweetheart," he waited for Kaida to turn, to take in Clarissa. "Daddy's got someone he wants you to meet - someone very special." Liam glanced up at Clarissa and smiled at her before looking back at Kaida. "Come say hello to your mother, Kaida."

Kaida looked in awe and a mixture of bewilderment at Clarissa. She forgot that her cat was running off and pointed at Clarissa. “Up.” Clarissa hesitated, unable to comprehend what to do.  She looked at Liam, noting the grin that had appeared on his face. What if she accidently dropped her? The girl squealed when Clarissa picked her up and hugged Clarissa tightly. It was comforting and Clarissa felt a smile creep onto her face. The girl buried her head in Clarissa’s hair as Clarissa stared at Liam in awe. The girl moved and stared at Clarissa in awe. “You are weird.” Kaida smiled.

Liam chuckled, "She's only weird because she's with daddy, right?" He reached over and poked Kaida's nose. "Guess what, little nutter? You're related to us, so that makes you weird too." Kaida scowled at Liam, something Clarissa couldn’t help but laugh about. “Does that mean I’m going to end up smelling people’s hair and complaining about how perfect Evewline is?” "Nah, that's just crazy uncle Jupiter." Liam said with a laugh. "You miss him and Grandpa Jack, don't you, sweetheart?" He looked at his daughter sweetly and his eyes flickered back to Clarissa. It felt like he was coming to life after having been dead for the long time she was gone. He felt like his heart was bursting with warmth and happiness that he never thought he would feel again. "It's a good thing mommy is here now, right? She's much better than those silly nutters."

Kaida sighed dramatically and tugged on a strand of Clarissa’s hair. “Yes. I want Grandpa Jack to come back. Daddy, is uncle Jupiter stalking Evewline or does she not exist and he just made her up in her head?” Kaida said with confusion. “She was gone?” Clarissa froze, surprise showing on her face. She had a suspicion that Kaida could see her but what did it mean? Liam narrowed his eyes and made a goofy face at her, "were you asleep that WHOLE time, sweetheart?" Liam shook his head and looked at Clarissa with a grin, "and she thinks we're the nutters." He rolled his eyes. "Maybe we can call Grandpa Jack later, how does that sound?"

Kaida stared at Liam with a mixture of confusion and realization on her face. She looked at Clarissa and it clicked in her mind. She brightened at the mention of Grandpa Jack. "Yes! Will Evewline be there?”Liam laughed, "if Eveline is there then Uncle Jupiter will be buried in her yard somewhere..." Liam looked at his girls and felt his whole world coming together. Clarissa smiled softly at Liam. Kaida’s face shifted back into a scowl. She made so many faces like her father. “She didn’t try to duct tape his mouth shut first?” Liam laughed and looked at Clarissa, "she's got an obsession with duct tape. No idea where she got it from." He reached over and tickled Kaida. Kaida laughed and stared in awe at her father. It was the most relaxed Clarissa had ever seen Liam. Kaida squealed and batted Liam’s hands away. “Duct tape can fix anything.” She nodded very seriously and the gesture seemed strange on a toddler’s face. 

Liam faked an intrigued look, "truly? It fixes ANYTHING?! You know what else does that?" His voice dropped low and his face became mischievous. "Kisses." He whispered to her. He leaned over and blew a raspberry on her cheek with a grin. He kissed her head twice after that to the sounds of her giggling in Clarissa's arms. He looked up and smiled widely, "and we cannot forget your beautiful mother, can we?" He gave Clarissa a warm look and kissed her sweetly. It took everything he could to remember how to breathe again. For a brief moment he forgot about everything else. "I love you." He whispered to her with a smile. Clarissa smiled at Liam as Kaida scowled. “Eww.” Liam looked at her and nodded, "that's right, that's icky. You're never going to kiss another boy ever, right little nutter?" Kaida nodded as Clarissa rolled her eyes at Liam. “Boys are weird like uncle Jupiter.”

Liam grinned. "Exactly! We don't like boys. Boys might try to kiss you, but you should make sure you tell Daddy about it right away and he'll take care of them. Daddy can make potions to make boys disappear and not bother his princess. Ok, Kaida?" Kaida nodded furiously as Clarissa just stared at Liam. She couldn't even manage a glare and instead gave him a soft smile. "Really Liam? Already?" "Of course! We start our training now, right sweetheart?" He gave Clarissa a wide grin. "I have to protect my girls, always." Clarissa rolled her eyes. She said softly, ”She is just a toddler Liam.” Clarissa paused, letting the words sink in. “How much have a missed?”

Liam looked at her warmly. "Just a few things, but don't worry, ok? You're here with us now, and everything else will all come out in the wash." He smiled, his mom used to say that before she lost her mind. His eyes never left Clarissa's face. She always grounded him. It was a wonder he ever survived without her there. "The only real noteworthy thing was that our beautiful daughter here decided her first words were going to be to ring out poor Uncle Jupiter after she sent him flying across the room." He gave his daughter a huge grin. "Clearly our daughter takes after her awesome daddy!"

Clarissa smiled as she looked at her daughter with worry. “What did you say Kaida?” Kaida sighed and tucked angrily on Clarissa’s hair. “He ruined everything! All I did was remind him to stop talking about Evewline and not run away. Then I told him about duct tape and flowers.” Clarissa couldn't’ help the goofy grin that came onto her face. “That does seem like a huge problem Kaida.” She rolled her eyes. “Liam Reaper you have an ego the size of the moon.”Liam felt his heart swell. "You can remind me about it every day, sweetheart. I only have an ego that big because I'm the luckiest man alive and I know it." It was the truth. Clarissa sighed dramatically as Kaida stared at her father in disbelief. “Are we back to that nickname again?  "Of course we are! Your mother is always my sweetheart. She's my only sweetheart, just like you're my only princess, even though you are a little nutter." He grinned and raised his eyebrows at her. Clarissa smiled at Liam, in awe of him. It didn’t seem to be a different feeling for her though. Everything he did seemed to stun those around him. Kaida sighed and buried her head in Clarissa’s hair. Clarissa smiled at her and hugged her carefully, afraid she would break. She peeked her head out of Clarissa’s hair for a moment to look at Liam. “Can we call grandpa Jack?”

Liam chuckled, "yes, yes. I suppose we should call the old man and make sure Uncle Jupiter is alive." He pulled out his phone carefully before grinning at Clarissa, "I haven't broken this one yet." He winked at her. Clarissa chuckled. “Please don’t cause Jack to have a heart attack.” Kaida grinned. “I love Grandpa Jack! Can we talk to Eveline too?” She frowned. “I’m still worried she doesn’t exist daddy.” Liam flipped through his contacts and gingerly pressed Jack's name. He put the call on speakerphone. It rang once. Twice.  "Well, look who it is. How're you holding up there, Liam?" Jack spoke warmly into the phone.

Kaida leaned forward, nearly falling out of Clarissa's protective grasp. "Is Uncle Jupiter dead yet? Daddy lost his mind, Grandpa Jack."Jack made a noise of surprise. "Oh? Kaida? Is everything ok? Where's-" "I'm right here, pops... and everything is... amazing." He looked at Clarissa while he held his phone. Jack's voice was concerned. "Liam..." He started, "I know you've been under a lot of stress lately after losing Miss Clarissa-" "Actually Jack, that's why I'm calling." His voice grew more emotional as he spoke. "Liam? What's wrong?" He imagined Jack sitting at his computer, going down his list and preparing a flight back to Bridgeport at any second. "Clarissa came home, Jack. She's home with me. Jack... She's home." His voice broke as he relived the past hour over and over in his head. Jack sucked in a breath. "Liam, I-" Liam looked at Clarissa and nodded to her to say something. Clarissa shifted back and forth, unable to think of what to say. "Hey Jack." It was all she could manage to say at that point.

Liam chuckled and made a face at her, mouthing 'Hi, Jack' back at her while rolling his eyes.  Jack gasped a bit with surprise. "Miss Clarissa? Is that you? What happened? Are you alright? What did you do Liam?!" Liam let his shoulders slump as he looked up at the ceiling with annoyance. "The woman I love comes back from the dead and you ask me what I did?" He paused and chuckled darkly. "In case you haven't forgotten, I'm the one Reaper in the world who wasn't gifted with the ability to make sparkles with my fingers, let alone necromancy, old man." He grumbled. Clarissa rolled her eyes at Liam. Her face twisted in thought as she recalled the past events. "I think Olivia helped me and a death keeper or something like that? Nyx was hunting me down and then I ended up walking through a portal I think?" Kaida sighed dramatically, tugging on Clarissa's hair.

Liam raised his eyebrows at her before smiling warmly. He didn't care how she got back. She was back now. That was all he needed. Jack was muttering under his breath to the sounds of papers being flipped. He finally spoke, but it wasn't to them, "no, Miss Clarissa is alive. Olivia stepped in!" He paused. "Yes, she has had her hands full, hasn't she?” He chuckled and his voice became louder as he spoke into the phone now. "I'm so happy you're back, Miss Clarissa. Liam was not well without you. How are you feeling? Have you had any ill side effects? I know some very good doctors I can have sent to you. We'll also need to go and take care of some paperwork at the City Hall - I've still got contacts there, don't worry. Oh! I'll start my list now and I can send it to you, ok Liam? This must be a very hard adjustment for you, Miss Clarissa."

Clarissa smiled at him and mouthed ‘I will tell you later.’ “I think I’m okay Jack at this moment.” She shifted nervously. “I think it will be a little more difficult for me to die for now on.” She chuckled. Kaida sighed and scowled at the floor. “Does Evewline exist?”Liam smiled at her widely and mouthed at her, 'you're not allowed to die anymore.' He shook his head. 'Cause I said so.' Jack chuckled from the phone. "If it isn't my favorite granddaughter. How are you doing sweetie?" Liam held the phone closer to Kaida when they heard some voices in the background of the call.

Clarissa rolled her eyes. ‘I really can’t die anymore Liam.’ She mouthed back. Kaida squealed as Laim held the phone closer for her. “Grandpa Jack! I misz you! Is Uncle Jupiter dead yet? Daddy said he was beared in Eveline’s backyard…”  Liam rolled his eyes at Clarissa and chuckled. "Buried, Kaida. She means buried, pops. Though I'd love to see him fight a bear at some point too. My money is on bloodsucker getting mauled because a blind girl will walk past him who looks like Eveline and he'll spiral into a depression." Jack was chuckling before he got serious. "Liam." He scolded with a warning. "I miss you too, Kaida. Jupiter misses you as well. I-" There was some shouting that had started in the background between a woman and a man. "Oh my, things have been... a little chaotic since we got here." Liam frowned, "what's going on? Is everything ok, Jack?" The shouting got louder. He could just pick out Eveline's voice and he grinned. "Is Jupiter getting yelled at by his lady love?" Jack sighed, "it's not Jupiter on the receiving end of this one, Liam. It's a long story." He paused, "but Jupiter and Eveline seem to be slowly patching up their relationship. So, Kaida, she definitely does exist. I would offer for you to speak with her but-" There was a door slamming. "Oh my."

Clarissa glanced at Liam, worry creeping onto her face. “Is Eveline alright?” Kaida sighed."Eveline is fine, it's Alec you should worry about." Jack sighed and pulled the phone away from his face to speak, "give her some time, Jupiter; here come say hello to your favorite niece." There was a long pause before Jupiter's voice came into the phone. "Hey troublemaker. Have you given your dad a heart-attack yet?" Kaida scowled at the phone. “Daddy doesn’t laugh at me when I run into walls Uncle Jupiter. Kaida paused, a mischievous grin coming onto her face. Eveline exists? Does that mean you will stop obsessing over smelling her hair?” Clarissa stared at Liam and had to keep herself from bursting out laughing.

Liam shared the look with Clarissa and grinned himself, shaking his head. Jupiter sighed into the phone, but his voice didn't shift to something depressed like Liam expected it to. "Of course she exists, you goober. That means I can just smell her hair instead of 'obsessing' over it." He laughed. Liam shook his head, "so she took you back then, bloodsucker? You lucky dog!" "I believe you're the lucky dog, I'm just lucky in general." He could hear Jupiter smirking. "But yes... she did." He paused, "you must be equally as thrilled to have Clarissa back. How's that whole... not-being-dead thing working for you, Clarissa?"

Kaida frowned. “Ewww…” Clarissa paused, trying to figure out where to start first. “Interesting. Being dead was a lot more stressful than I thought it should be.” Clarissa shook her head at Liam, trying to puzzle over her next words. “I come back to learn that my niece I barely knew is now a goddess and a goddess that is suppose to be dead isn’t exactly dead.” Clarissa stopped herself, trying to avoid the fact that the goddess she was suppose to ‘replace’ was hunting her to rise again.

Liam looked at her with his brow furrowed. His expression was as confused as he felt. Jupiter laughed lightly. "I know it's hard to believe, but I think I know exactly how you feel." There was a pause and a woman's voice. "Who are you talking to?" "Liam, Clarissa and my-" There was the sound of the phone shifting suddenly. "Clarissa, are you ok?! These idiots never called us to tell us you even died!" They could hear Jupiter mumble an apology in the background. Eveline sighed, "I'm so glad to hear you've made it back. Do you need any help with anything? I can pull some strings to get in touch with my grandpa if you need me to." Clarissa laughed. “It was an interesting experience.” She shifted back and forth. “Does he know anyone-” Kaida went to grab the phone, mischief showing in her eyes. “You exist! He didn’t make you up Evewline! Did you bury him in your backyard? Did he buy you flowers like I told him to?”

Liam couldn't stop the laughter that came out. Eveline paused for a long moment. "Uh... Hello? And who is this?" She laughed into the phone. “The person the idiot told everything to before he knew I remembered everything. Do you know how much he talks about how your hair smells and how perfect you are?” Kaida stated simply. Clarissa laughed as Kaida paused. "Everything. He talked about how stupid he was in between brooding and staring at the ground. How pink your cheeks were or something like that. The fact you smelled like honey, flowers, and trees? No, fire. He was really weird. He is very stupid though so I love him." She nodded her head seriously. Eveline kept laughing, "yes he is very stupid sometimes. Truth is, I think I love him too though." Her voice was warm. "Clarissa, you said something earlier before I got my, highly important, information regarding the man I love - what was it?"

Clarissa smiled at Liam and her daughter. It seemed everything had worked itself out for Jupiter and Eveline perhaps. Clarissa missed Liam’s green eyes that would light up with mischief and his curls that always seemed to be hidden behind his hat, but managed to escape. She was snapped from her trance as Eveline brought her back to reality. She laughed nervously. “Oh. I was wondering if he knew anything about Nyx’s current state?” Eveline's voice grew quieter, "uhm, hold on just one minute." There was a very long pause. Liam looked up at Clarissa and smiled at her. It was a smile that was both goofy and endearing at the same time. All he could think about was how lucky he was. He mouthed 'I love you' to her. Eveline's voice came back into the phone, slightly winded. "He said to use the journal you have - whatever that means, he wouldn't tell me what you should do with it - and that he'll be seeing you soon." She huffed slightly. "Not before I give him a what-for first." She muttered.

Clarissa mouthed 'I love you too' to Liam. She couldn't help but notice how his eyes had a light to them they hadn't before. She rested her head on his shoulder as Kaida fell asleep. She nearly jerked back at the mention of the journal. "Ah. Okay. I think I understand." Her thoughts shifted back to the crazy goddess who was obsessed with keeping her power. Clarissa had guessed she could somehow communicate with her through Fate's journal. Eveline responded back quickly, "I'm sorry if that wasn't very clear. Gramps has been pretty..." She sighed with frustration. "He's been a pain in my behind lately, that's what." She let out a breath, "Honestly we shouldn't keep you much longer. You likely need time to recover. Feel free to call me if you have any questions. I get the feeling you'll be hearing from my grandfather soon though and-" She stopped suddenly and after a minute she came back. "Grandpa says don't go outside for a while, and to not trust anyone until..." she paused again and sighed. "Until he or Maleficent get there."

Liam's brow furrowed, "What are you talking about, Eveline?" Eveline let out a breath, "like I would know? My grandfather occasionally talks to me in my head and my father's lost his mind. I'm pushing my luck already." Clarissa nodded and scowled. "Oh great. That woman can find me in life and in death." Clarissa laughed. "I'm sorry to hear that Eveline. I hope everything gets better for you." Eveline laughed a breathy laugh. "I appreciate that. Do your best to stay alive, alright? Us girls have to keep these boys in line sometimes it seems." Liam looked at her with big eyes and he nodded very firmly. "Darn straight you do. Good thing I'm a man, right sweetheart?" Eveline laughed loudly on the phone. Clarissa laughed and mouthed to Liam 'Where is Kaida's crib?' "Bye Eveline! Thanks for everything."

Liam hung up the phone and motioned Clarissa to follow him as he walked her back to the nursery. Clarissa placed Kaida gently in her crib, where she fell into a peaceful sleep. She made faces like Liam did and it brought a smile to Clarissa’s face. She rested her head on Liam’s shoulder, fearing she was going to wake Kaida up. Liam wrapped his arms around Clarissa instinctively. He took in a big breath and reminded himself that this was real. This was real and it filled him with joy. He slowly pulled Clarissa away from Kaida's crib and out into the living room. He looked at her intensely. "It sounds like I missed a lot too." He said quietly, still whispering, despite being out of Kaida's hearing range. "Would you like to talk about it, or would you rather just rest?"

Clarissa sat on the couch and ended up putting her head in her hands. “Where do I start Liam?” Her voice shook with fear. “I thought everything was alright once I gave birth to Kaida. Everything was fine until she walked in and smuggled me with a pillow. I mean a pillow for crying out loud. Then I woke up to this voice giving me directions and telling me I was suppose to replace them. I’m not a goddess Liam. I could barely even keep my job and my magic was weak. After all of that I wake up to hearing these people that took me in planning to kill me permanently to bring their beloved Nyx back and suddenly I’m running from them when I end up running through a portal and finally being allowed to be alive again.” Tears were streaming down her face, something Clarissa didn’t even bother to hide. 

Liam sat down next to her quickly and put his arms around her shoulders, rubbing them up and down. "Hey," he hushed her softly. "It's ok. Slow down. Who is she? Who are they? We'll take care of this, I promise." He gently wiped her face with his fingers. "Nothing will take you away from me again. Take a deep breath sweetheart and start from the beginning. Someone smothered you with a pillow? Who did that?" His voice grew colder as he felt his anger rising. Clarissa rested into Liam’s embrace, finding herself relaxing. “Thank you.” Her thoughts were jumbled as she tried to search for the strange woman and her words. “She was my cousin apparently. She looked like Gwen but didn’t have her eyes?” Clarissa ended up shutting her eyes, reflecting over the strange wedding. Gwen was her cousin that seemed to have an incredible amount of power she failed to mention.

Liam frowned harshly and pulled Clarissa tighter against him. "I..." He pressed his face against her then. "I'm so sorry, Clarissa." He let out a breath. "I should've been there. I... I could've stopped that from happening." He shook his head. "We can't go back though, and I'm sorry." He let his fingers run through her hair - her hair that looked like starlight. "I'll have Jack look into any cousins of yours, ok?" Clarissa stared at him with wide eyes, still surprised by what was bothering him. She spoke softly,”Accidents happen. I know you didn’t attend for anything like that to happen and it isn’t your fault. Why would I be mad at  you Liam?” Clarissa nodded. “It definitely wasn’t Gwen. That much I knew.” Liam touched her cheek with sadness in his eyes. "An accident like that will never happen again so long as I live and breathe." He closed his eyes slowly and he couldn't resist the smirk that slowly came across his face. "So we know one member of your family is innocent. That leaves a whole tree full of nutters to investigate - assuming she even was your cousin, and she wasn't just trying to knock you off her trail."

Clarissa smiled sadly. “I’m going to assure you live as long as I do.” Clarissa knew her chances of being a mortal and growing old with Liam were over. She would make sure he was by her side if she could.  Clarissa smirked. “If any of them were like my mother I should be terrified.” Her lips tugged into a small smile. “I miss her.” "No way; you have no reason to be terrified. I'll keep you safe. I can punch nutters with the best of them!" Liam laughed lightly and wrapped his arms tighter around her. It still felt like there was too much space between them. "Wherever you go, I go." He whispered to her.  Clarissa laughed and closed her eyes. She rested her head on his chest. “I love you Liam Reaper.” The last words she heard before she drifted into sleep were,”I love you too.” No matter what happened at the end of the day she had Liam. That was what mattered.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
Re: Another Labelle Story - Chapter 13 - More Than Words
« Reply #53 on: June 02, 2016, 09:58:51 PM »
Ahem.

CLARISSA IS BACK. CLARISSA IS BACK.

I'M SO IN LOVE WITH THEM.
THEY WILL NEVER BE APART EVER AGAIN.
EVER.

Ahem. Kaida is adorable, and oh-ho? What a spunky phone conversation. ;) Good thing we didn't catch Jack mid-conversation with Seema... ::)
The world will implode when those two have a conversation.

The screenshots were gorgeous! Truly gorgeous!
I'm really glad I could help with this chapter! You've been invaluable to creating my chapters.
Oh what a crazy web of lore we weave.

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
Re: Another Labelle Story - Chapter 13 - More Than Words
« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2016, 09:48:02 PM »
Ahem.

CLARISSA IS BACK. CLARISSA IS BACK.

I'M SO IN LOVE WITH THEM.
THEY WILL NEVER BE APART EVER AGAIN.
EVER.

Ahem. Kaida is adorable, and oh-ho? What a spunky phone conversation. ;) Good thing we didn't catch Jack mid-conversation with Seema... ::)
The world will implode when those two have a conversation.

The screenshots were gorgeous! Truly gorgeous!
I'm really glad I could help with this chapter! You've been invaluable to creating my chapters.
Oh what a crazy web of lore we weave.

Yeah, I don't think I could ever tear them apart anyways. I guess I'm going to have to learn how to write mush without killing a character off.  It really will, I can't wait to read when those two have a conversation. I'm glad I could help! You have been invaluable to my chapters also so I'm glad. It only gets crazier. XD

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
Re: Another Labelle Story - Chapter 14 - Death Flower
« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2016, 09:48:22 PM »
Livvielove wrote all the dialogue for all the wonderful characters except Calypso, Fate, and Maleficent, though she helped me so much with Fate. She is the reason there is an update because she got all the wonderful screenshots and I can't say thank you enough! Some of the characters may seem a little different because they are in Livvielove's awesome game which has max settings while my game is absolutely horrible a survivor. Thank you once again Livvielove! I can't say how much I truly appreciate it!  :) Read Livvielove's/Majnun's version here. (Part 1)  She goes more into detail about what the Initiation Ritual is incase you are confused and you get to see Majnun. Majnun is amazing.  ;D
==========================================================================================

Maleficent stared at the paperwork, feelings of dread and worry sinking in. Where were the
rest of the death keepers? Was she really the goddess of Death or was this some joke? Bells were ringing in her head. She was hearing things...again. She needed to deal with the death keepers and the shades, vengeful spirits that had never truly found rest in the afterlife, and Thanatos, along with threat of wars. She ended up putting her head in her hands, listening to the chaotic sound of the bell ringing. She hadn’t even thought she would live this long. She had never believed she would become a goddess on top of that. She stared at the bell above her head.
“I’m seeing things...again.” She sighed and stared the paperwork. She wasn’t cut out for this it seemed, she couldn’t even bring her best friend back to life or find her spirit for that matter. She eyed the empty vial of vampire venom on her desk, a gift that had randomly shown up at her study. She gritted her teeth. The only reason she had served Fate and did her bidding was to protect Megan and she had failed. Miserably.

She wasn’t strong enough to go to war so why was she considering going to war? She shook her head. She was truly losing her mind. Wait, wasn’t she already insane or was she sane because she believed she was insane? Moldy devolution. Lazier tango. No, she was insane. Her hand touched where her scar had been only days before. It had disappeared. The scar that had made her a legend it seemed had disappeared out of thin air. The bell only seemed to get louder as Maleficent’s heart raced. Strange things had started to happen. She had started to crave blood even when she wasn’t around mortals. It was almost as if the world was forcing her to face the fact that her magic could not hold back her craving for blood or the side that had truly made her a vampire. Not that it mattered though. The Mad Hatter had come by to tell Maleficent that Kaida was a deathkeeper, something that she would have found out herself if she had looked a little longer in Bridgeport. Why was she so important to the goddess of Death it seemed? It was another puzzle piece she would have to figure out.

She hated puzzles. Not that she had ever had the chance to put a puzzle together, she hated them with a passion. They could always be put back together. She enjoyed destroying the pieces, shattering any hopes of the puzzle being truly completed. Hysteric cone. Suddenly a strange man walked into her study, a frown forming on his face as he looked at the bell above her head. Maleficent sighed and threw something at him, assuming he was a hallucination of sorts.
“I don’t have time for you right now! Go away! I’m working.” The random object bounced off the strange man and that was when Maleficent had known she had truly lost her mind. He grinned deviously at her.
“Tick-tock, Death Flower. You’re late for your own party.” He leaned against the wall and looked at her with his arms folded.

Maleficent stared at the strange man for what seemed like slanted accenting hours. She tilted her head, still not sure she should determine if he was real or not. Majnun. His name was Majnun, the god of Magic and Chaos. It suddenly clicked in her head.
"Who's funeral are we attending, oh wise voice in my head?" She shook her head as sanity suddenly returned to her mind.
"What is with the bell, Majnun?" Saying his name out loud was strange and it suddenly left Maleficent feeling as if she was in a dream of sorts. Majnun frowned slightly as she had said his name hesitantly, unable to comprehend who he was at the time.  She had slept through her class about the ancient gods and hadn't shown up most days. Majnun suddenly grinned then and snapped his finger, causing the bell to vanish.
“Welcome to godhood. Those bells are your personal nuisance to remind you that you’re a god. Congratulations.” He grumbled then. “I really hate those stupid things. They drive everyone insane. That’s my job.”

"Ah." Her eyes clouded with awareness as she just realized she had insulted the world's most powerful man and that the annoying bell had suddenly disappeared. "Sorry about that Majnun. It appears being here for a few hours with the paperwork has-" She searched for the right words. "made me question things in general." She grinned. "Is there cake at this funeral?"  Majnun laughed harshly.
 “I wish there were cake. This will be the most boring funeral you’ll ever go to, Death Flower. It’s your own.” He gave her a wily grin. “Are you ready to meet the rest of the nuisances - er I mean, gods?” He already appeared to be irritated and the funeral hadn’t even begun yet. Maleficent laughed harshly.
"I thought they would dump my body somewhere first?" She shrugged. "Oh well. If I can get past my own funeral I'm getting cake." She shuddered as she imaged a room full of not just one Agonin, but many Agonins. She sighed. "Lets get this funeral with the Agon-other gods over with." She wouldn't be surprised if she was the laughing stock and apart of her didn't care. She was waiting impatiently for her cake and would try not to say anything that could possibly start a war. She stared at the empty vial of vampire venom and frowned.

“Fate sent you a welcome present already?” His voice was dark and he chuckled without amusement. “I am going to do you a service, Death Flower. Do not ask me why, for I do not know why I care as much as I do - but there is a rumor that Fate’s about to learn a very difficult lesson in how to behave to those more powerful than she.” His eyes were menacing, though the anger was not aimed at Maleficent. “If I were you, I would stay out of that fray.” His voice held a warning. Maleficent was tempted to take a step back, wondering what stupid thing Fate had done this time. She nodded as she stared at the vial.
"I'm done being stuck in her messes." She was tempted to sigh. She was hoping she was done. She knew that no matter how much Fate, the goddess of Fate, denied it, she had a power addiction. Maleficent was aware that the only reason she had descendants in the first place was to maintain her power and along the way tortured them for more power. She still remembered the few moments she was forced to report to her as she screamed in agony from not having enough power. Majnun nodded and summoned a portal.
“Do not count your horseshoes before they sprout.”

She understood him perfectly. She did not know what the future held and she may be dragged into Fate's plans by force. Fate wore many masks, sometimes wanting you to be terrified of her and other times acting as if she was a terrified child. The only predictable thing about her was that she was never what she seemed to be. Maleficent sighed. "Of course." She stepped through the portal, unaware of what awaited her. When she arrived to what she assumed was the meeting hall, she stared at it quizzically before harding her face into an emotionless mask. Everything was neat and orderly with a simple table in the middle surrounded by chairs. Doors lined the strange room as Maleficent stepped out of the one Majnun  just had.

Malice, who Maleficent assumed was the god of Night, leaned across the table first and stared at Maleficent with humor and coldness in his eyes - a strange combination. He grinned widely to show off his fangs more than a gesture of friendliness.
“Well, well. Look what the clown drug in - you’re a little young, aren’t you lass?” His eyes narrowed. “And you’re one of my own blood! How marvelous.” His tongue ran over his fangs and Majnun rolled his eyes with annoyance. Yes. This would be a very long night for Maleficent. She was tempted to roll her eyes but thought better of the gesture. She wasn’t to be seen as a child by these people even if she was just a child in their years of  ‘wisdom.’  Adessa, what Maleficent assumed was the goddess of Betrayal, who sat next to Malice leaned forward and giggled with glee.
“Fresh blood! Oh it’s been so, very long since we’ve had someone new here.” She pursed her lips sweetly. “I’m Adessa, darling.” Her hand reached under the table and after it came out a bright pink, poison apple appeared in it. She rolled it across the table at Maleficent. A direct insult, considering the poison apple was the symbol of Maleficent who was enslaved by Fate. It appeared the gods had just started to throw petty insults at Maleficent. This was indeed a boring funeral. No cake and no real entertainment?

Maleficent sighed as she stared at the poison apple that was suppose to be meant as a petty insult. She had heard worse in her time and already noted that Adessa, the goddess of Betrayal, and Malice, the god of the Night, thought similarly, thus meaning they could possibly have an alliance. She took the apple into her hand and stared at carefully before a wicked smile came upon her face.
 "This apple seems to be only roughly a century old Adessa." She watched as the apple decayed in her hands and waited patiently for another insult. Malice, the god of Darkness, claimed to only have daughters so if she had any blood relation to him he would have under most circumstances denied it by now. She was tempted to shrug. Majnun chuckled and leaned back at the table.
“Welcome to the pantheon, Death Flower.” Majnun sighed and stretched before putting his feet on the table.

Agonin scowled at him. “Majnun. Feet… off!” Majnun rubbed the bottoms of his shoes on the table.
“Does it bother you, oh austere one?” He grinned and looked around the room. “You all are a bunch of party poopers. Where are your manners? Are you going to make me do all the work?” He shrugged and didn’t wait for anyone to respond. “Fine, fine. That lovely -” He coughed and slyly added, “petulant child,” he chuckled and straightened, “lady is our Adessa, the goddess of Betrayal. The corpse next to her is bat-boy. Hello, bat-boy.” He waved at Malice patronizingly. “Oh, and the one with the stick up his bum next to you is Agonin.” Agonin pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed loudly.
“Majnun, I think that’s enough for now, thanks.” He stared at Majnun who shrugged. Agonin took in a breath and gestured to the table. “It is a pleasure to finally meet you in person, Maleficent.” His voice was cordial, as what Maleficent assumed was normal for him. Majnun gagged dramatically as he spoke. “I am the god of Order.” 

Maleficent nearly bursted out laughing, finally knowing her guesses of who was who were right. Instead she managed a small smile and keep a round of laughter from erupting. Agonin was the god of Order, no surprise there, the old-bat was the god of Darkness, and Adessa was the goddess of Betrayal. Maleficent grinned.
"It is very interesting to finally meet you in person Agonin." She noted as a blue haired woman with eyes of shattered glass and Fate were staring at her. Fate finally spoke, staring at her nails in a mixture of boredom and pity. Fate finally looked up from her nails. She took in a breath, not meeting Majnun’s level glare in favor of Maleficent.
“It is such a shame to see you here, Maleficent. I was hoping you would live a little longer to see your family die.”

Majnun sighed and gave Maleficent a stare that expressed his annoyance before rolling his eyes goofily. “Granddaughter. You did not introduce yourself to your family member. Rude.” He pointed at the empty chair next to her with an insane grin. “Maleficent, that is Fate, the goddess of Fate. She seems to have left her manners in the same place  with her common sense.” He paused and began pointing at people from across the way. “The doe-eyed serpent is Calypso, the goddess of the Sea. Aren’t we all just a lively bunch today.” He scowled. Maleficent felt confusion cloud her mind as she stared at Calypso and Fate acting as if they were old friends. She had remembered a lesson in class about the brutal wars the goddesses had fought against each other for sirens. Of course, the teacher had believed it was all just legends in the end. She was surprised that Majnun had defended her and wondered if it was just that a war was in the horizon. Fate spoke up, trying to win a battle that was already lost.
"It appears that the girl is too weak to fight her own battles." Maleficent didn't even try to conceal the round of laughter that overcame her. She was suppose to not anger her or be caught up in what was coming.

Majnun’s hand hit the table harshly. “It appears a little child is pretending she can play ball with the big boys.” He glared at Fate then. “What? You’ll sneak around pretending to be a big-shot but you can’t seem to keep it up when insanity is looking you in the eyes? If you think Maleficent is weak, then what does that make you?” He clenched his fists, his glare could set something on fire right now, and he focused it entirely on Fate.  Maleficent knew he would make her squirm. A man who had been resting his head on the table shook awake and glared at Majnun.
“Keep it down, pops. No need to yell.” He grumbled, still hungover from the night before.
Agonin leaned over to Maleficent and whispered to her, “that’s Vinyx, the god of Debauchery - he… is very rarely conscious for these things.” Majnun gritted his teeth, his glare still on Fate, waiting to see if she would still challenge him.

Maleficent stared at the two fighting with a mixture of fear and awe. It was clear that Fate had challenged the wrong god. Fate surprisingly kept her mouth shut as she leaned back in her chair and sighed, already bored with everything that was happening. She always seemed to appear bored. Everything clicked in Maleficent's head as she watched Calypso mumble a few words under her breath, causing Vinyx to launch up in his seat. Maleficent nodded as Agonin spoke, noting the other god's expressions. It seemed a huge war was brewing between Fate and Majnun. It wasn't two wars the Mad Hatter had warned her about with his appearance, it was a huge war between the gods. If she was right it meant that Calypso, Malice, and Fate would challenge Majnun. Perhaps Adessa would go after him also. She frowned as she studied the situation.

Majnun shook his head. She received his message loud and clear. He looked around to see if anyone else would challenge him and was met with silence. He rolled his neck and sat back in his chair. Agonin cleared his throat and motioned across the way to the the man and woman who were standing.
“Here, Maleficent, those two are Carule and Eravaeral. The gods of Love. Carule is the god of Marriage and Commitment, and Eravaeral is the goddess of Lust and Beauty.” He spoke with a level voice, trying to pass the silence. Chatter slowly picked up among the gods with the tension between Fate and Majnun now diffused. Carule nodded his head slightly, his eyes lingering on Maleficent.
“You will be lucky in love in your future.” His voice was very warm and welcoming. He hummed with thought as he stared at her. “You’ll have a successful marriage to a loyal husband. Not too shabby.” He laughed with beautiful laughter.

Maleficent bursted out laughing at the word 'husband' and didn't even hear Eravaeral until the last moment.
"People at the table right now."  Maleficent quizzically stared at the table and shrugged. People were at the table. Then she chuckled as she realized that Eravaeral must have complimented her in someway. She tried to stifle another round of laughter as she tried to addressed Carule and Eravaeral. 'Loyal husband.' What kind of world did she live in where she would have a 'loyal husband?' She frowned as she realized what a 'loyal husband' would mean. She would trick the fool into marrying her. She would end up like Fate. She shrugged. Megan would have wanted to meet Cupid and Eravaeral.
"It was nice to meet you two?" She managed a small smile, trying to make sure she hadn't offended Cupid too badly.

Agonin cleared his throat and gave Majnun a confused look. He flicked his wrist and the woman who was reading casually from a book had her book yanked away from under her, causing the book to slam into Vinyx who had tried to go back to sleep.
“Majnun!” She scolded him and he chuckled. The woman seemed irritated that her book had been jerked away from her Vinyx also shot awake and glared at her,  “Was that really necessary?!” He grumbled.
“Maleficent, you’ve met Vinyx, and that’s Irena, the goddess of Knowledge. Don’t mind her, she’s always catty when it comes to her books.” Majnun said after taking in a breath. Irena scowled at him and then eyed Maleficent skeptically. “Hybrid - Vampire and Magical Source. Meh, I suppose it’s nothing special after Thanatos, but I wonder if this will be a common occurrence. I’ll need to do some research on it.” She hastily grabbed her book back from in front of Vinyx, giving Majnun one last glare before she disappeared back into her book. Across the way, a quiet man in all white was waving at Irena, trying to get her attention. When her nose went back into her book he changed color to blue and looked at the table defeatedly. Majnun chuckled and leaned over to Maleficent.
“That’s Taelagor - god of Elements. He’s been obsessed with Irena ever since Carule told him he’d love a bookworm.” He grinned at her deviously.

Maleficent stared quizzically at Irena. A common occurrence? Would that mean Maleficent would replace in the same time frame as Thanatos was because of her similar hybrid nature? Maleficent felt a pang of pity for Taelagor, unable to wonder why. Love seemed to just mess with everyone, why was everyone then desperate to have it? Maleficent smiled warmly, something she rarely did.
"The god of the Elements?" She chuckled. "Have you ever met Mercy, Taelagor?"
 Majnun leaned over and clear his throat awkwardly. “Death Flower… Taelagor does not have a voice. He cannot speak to you normally.” Taelagor turned from blue to red as he passed fire between his fingers. He pointed two fingers at her and sparks flew out. He gave her a grin either way and shrugged loosely. With that he focused his gaze on her.
"We have met, indeed. She is well on her way to becoming my High Priestess of Fire. Don't let the gods scare you, they're mostly bark and no bite."  After a moment he stretched and gave her a thumbs up before his color returned to white and he moved to stare longer at Irena. Maleficent grinned and resisted the urge to clap. She rolled her eyes.
“Of course she would. Thanks Taelagor.” Mercy would finally be able to set things on fire without worrying.

Maleficent relaxed, noting that was one less family member she would have to keep out of trouble. She had been trying to protect her family her whole life but instead had been torturing them because Fate had commanded her to. It was a coward’s way out of the mess. She would make it up to them if she could, even if she died trying. Majnun nudged her with his arm, and pointed to the man tending to a plant further down the table.
“That’s Spinner,  god of Nature.” Spinner, hearing his name being called, glowered at him slightly before returning his gaze to what he had been working on. Majnun moved and pointed to the distant looking woman next to Spinner. “That’s Sanja, the goddess of Dreams.”

Sanja turned and looked at Maleficent then, her eyes distant as she seemed to look right into Maleficent. “Hello.” Her voice sounded hollow as she spoke. Sanja snapped her fingers and a strange mirror appeared in front of Maleficent.
Majnun grumbled and glared at Sanja. This didn’t seem too uncommon. Maleficent stared at the mirror as she killed her family. A single thought repeated in her head this is a trick. Maleficent didn’t even resist the urge to roll her eyes and stared at the mirror with boredom.  She shoved it away and it vanished before she turned her eyes back to Majnun.

“And that’s the pantheon… the only ones left are-” He paused as he could feel the room start trembling.
The whole room grew eerily silent as everyone stopped what they were doing.
Maleficent felt the magic shift in the room. “Time?”

Her question was quickly answered by the looks of the other god’s faces.  Majnun turned and looked at her sternly, all insanity was gone from his eyes. “
Yvaine. Trenadira. Jyri.” He whispered their names as his eyes scanned the room then. “Past, present, and future. The Sisters of Time. They wish to see what you’re made of, Death Flower.” The room rumbled once again and Majnun took in a deep breath, he leaned closer to Maleficent’s ear. “If there is anyone here that you should fear - it is them.”
Maleficent took a deep breath in, still wondering if the world had picked her as a joke or if this was a delusional dream and she was going to wake up with Fate laughing at her. She spoke quietly and quickly.
"Where do I go?"

As if the room responded to her question, the metal doors to the back room swung open. Majnun eyed it carefully and looked back to her, giving her a nod. Maleficent moved to stand and Majnun grabbed her wrist, looking at her firmly.
“Good luck.” He said levelly. He grabbed her wrist and his voice appeared in her head. “The gods will be merciless when you step out of that room. Keep your chin up, you will not fall.” He let go of her wrist and laughed mercilessly, pretending he had done something to her mind. Maleficent played along and snatched her wrist back before starting her long walk towards the now open doors. Majnun had given her a warning. She was tempted to shake her head. She hadn’t understood what she had done to deserve such kindness, but she was not foolish to not think there was a price for everything. She had learned that at a young age. She would pay him back. She would never forget that everything came with a price.

Agonin gave Maleficent a curt nod, seeming as level as he did before. Carule and Eravaeral gave her glances of pity. Adessa was smiling deviously, her eyes looking her up and down. A throaty giggle came from her and she shook with glee. Malice was reclining back in his seat and his predatory eyes followed Maleficent as she walked. Spinner grinned deviously before drawing his hand across his throat, pretending it was her throat being slit and playing dead as children would do to threaten someone. Vinyx didn’t raise his head, but he gave her a thumbs down as his face rested against his arms. Irena looked at her and shook her head with annoyance before turning back to her book. Taelagor gave her a gentle smile, but there was concern and doubt hidden behind it. Calypso laughed as Maleficent made her way to the door and Fate offered a few words of encouragement.
“I always love hearing them scream. Try not to make a mess.”  Maleficent didn’t even turn back to acknowledge any of them as she walked through the door that would lead to her destruction or her redemption.

The doors shut closed automatically as Maleficent studied the room. Everything was white and orderly. The walls were white, the floors were white, the chairs were white, the desk was white, everything was drenched in the wretched color of Order. How many had died staring at these walls? Maleficent took another deep breath, a burst of insanity escaping her lips as she stared at the table with a simple clock on it. “They finally made good on their threats and locked me in an asylum.” All the sudden three disembodied voices spoke. Maleficent looked around the room, trying to locate who the voices belonged to.
Maleficent. Labelle. Hybrid. Vampire. Source. Death. The voices sounded like snakes, just a whisper in her ear. Prove your worth and keep your life. Demonstrate your power or have it taken from your husk. Begin.

Maleficent jerked back, staring at the room that could be the last thing she would see. It wasn’t death she feared, it was what would happen to her family because of her death. Not everything was what it seemed. She stared at the walls and the floor, trying to figure out how to show her power. Power. What did that word truly mean? What were they truly asking? Maleficent closed her eyes and replayed the question in her mind. It was an indirect question asking what power meant to her. What did it? Maleficent thought of what power meant to others. Being able to kill others? Maleficent shook her head. That wasn’t power, that was cowardly. What did power mean? Maleficent could sort paperwork but what good did that do? Was that the true meaning of power? Maleficent knew the answer. Power was the thing that had once made you helpless that you were able to defeat. Her best friend, Megan, had believed she wasn’t a lost cause.

She knew the answer to their question. She couldn’t stop Megan’s death before, she couldn’t bring her back because she didn’t believe she could. She believed she was powerless. She couldn’t locate her spirit in the realm of the dead. Maleficent twisted her hands and ashes appeared where they weren’t before. Her eyes flickered open as she whispered a few words under her breathe. Suddenly the ashes built up to resemble a body of a person she once knew. Her friend appeared before her, grinning strangely. Her skin turned a dark green and she appeared to have strange markings on her face. She suddenly stared at her hands that both had a strange tattoo of a skeleton hand.  Her eyes turned a bright green before she was transported out of the room.
Maleficent. Labelle. Death. Do not disappoint us.
The voices of Time vanished out of Maleficent’s head as she fell to the ground, trembling. She allowed herself a few moments of rest before staring at the doors in anticipation. Majnun had warned her about the gods. What was the best course of action then? Maleficent sighed as she stared at where her friend had been moments before. She knew they hadn’t killed her again. It was something she had just known in those few seconds she had vanished from the room. The thought was almost comforting. Almost. She stood cautiously on her feet and walked towards the door, making sure she could walk well enough to not tremble in the god's presence. She had never felt more drained in her life but she would not falter in the god’s presence.

Maleficent opened the door with determination, stepping out and impatiently waiting for the insults to be bombarded at her. She was not disappointed. Suddenly poison apples arrived in all directions, heading towards her. Maleficent stepped out of the way of them, watching as each splattered as they hit the ground. Maleficent suddenly heard a laughter full of cruel insanity, knowing exactly who it belonged to.
“Always a servant in the end.” Fate smiled darkly. Maleficent sighed. She had plenty of things to say about Fate and how she always bended to her power addiction, but decided it was wise to keep her mouth shut. “I have heard this insult before. Next.” Majnun grinned.
Irena was the next to speak. “You’re just a child. You’re powerful, but just a child. It’ll only be a matter of time until you break.” Her gaze was cold and unwavering. “Thanatos was exceptionally intelligent; you are not. You may be the true goddess of Death, but you will crumble under the weight.” Vinyx and Eravaeral spoke next, Maleficent barely even bothered to hear whatever they were going to insult her about. Vinyx was too drunk to usually lift his head so Maleficent was surprised when he did and he managed to mumble a few words that she didn’t pay attention to. Eravaeral laughed, most likely adding onto whatever Vinyx had said. Maleficent sighed, already bored as she heard the last things Eravaeral said.
“You look exhausted!” She tapped her chest. “You can take a nap on me, baby girl!”

Malice shook his head. “Do not patronize one of my daughters.” He spoke with fake concern in his voice. “It’s clear she bends to the will of the important people in this room.” His eyes locked onto Fate and he gave her a wicked smile. “She’s nothing but a loyal servant.” He echoed. Maleficent rolled her eyes. She knew when to keep her mouth shut and accepted the facts. She was the weakest one in the room and saying anything right now would add fuel to the fire. She waited impatiently for the gods to keep insulting her.  She had already heard these insults before and she was waiting for them to be done with their petty game. They were powerful and she wasn’t stupid enough to provoke them. 
Majnun leaned forward on a hand and raised his eyebrow. “Bah, she doesn’t belong to you. She belongs to me.” He summoned an apple, red and ripe and twisted it in his hands. “As anyone does who’s lost their mind.” He chuckled darkly.

Spinner rolled his eyes, “oh great, that’s just what we need. Majnun nearly ran the Land of the Dead into the ground with his madness, and she’s just like him.
“Darn straight.” Majnun grinned as he bit into the apple and stared at Maleficent with teasing in his eyes and he winked at her before throwing his half-eaten apple at her, deliberately missing and nailing Eravaeral in the side. She glared at him and he shrugged. “What? Everyone else was throwing apples. I just wanted to get involved.”
Adessa pursed her lips and shook her head, “the old man is being soft on her. Looks like Maleficent’s a daddy’s girl.”
Malice chuckled darkly, “of course she was. She was the one who ended her dear daddy’s life, right daughter?”

Adessa laughed with glee and clapped. “How wonderful! There’s hope for her yet! Tell me, darling, was it fun knowing watching your father slowly die all while knowing it was all your fault?” She faked a frown. “Poor baby. Mummy abandoned you after that.” She laughed loudly. “Oh, but your darling Fate took care of you, didn’t she?” Her eyes met with Fates as she grinned wickedly. “That’s where your loyalties are, right, darling?” She pulled a poison apple out of the air again and she spun it as she tossed it in the air and caught it again. “Oh my! Fate looks parched - positively parched! You’re a servant, right? Fetch her something to drink, pup.” 
Maleficent laughed lightly, enjoying each insult a little more. They were just repeating the same things. She kept her mouth shut and waited to see if anyone would actually come up with anything new. She resisted the urge to grin at Majnun and instead started tapping impatiently on the table.

Irena eyed Maleficent levelly. Was that respect? Maleficent was tempted to laugh. Of course it wasn’t respect. i]Keep going, Death Flower.[/i] Majnun whispered in her head. Maleficent had suffered worse but she had to stifle a smile that would have made it's way onto her face because of Majnun's encouragements.
Sanja turned her distant gaze on Maleficent then. “Someone is avoiding the things that make her uncomfortable. Perhaps we should make your dad’s nightmares a reality.” Her distant gaze moved to Malice then.
Malice chuckled darkly and looked at his nails with a sigh. “Oh Sanja, you’re so dark, my dear… I love it.” He gave Maleficent a twisted look. “It would only take a snap of my fingers to order your father to kill your mother. How does that sound darling? Get back at dear-old-mom for abandoning you?”
Adessa’s laughter echoed off the walls eerily. “Do it, Malice! Do it!”
Maleficent sighed. At least this was a new threat. Of course, Astra was currently locked into a tomb so if Malice wanted to try to have Christian kill her it would cause more trouble than it was worth. Maleficent noted something though. Malice was combative and that could easily get him killed. He didn't know when to step down and admit when he was wrong. That was dangerous. Very, very, dangerous.

Calypso laughed lightly. "If I don't remember you were nearly killed by a siren, isn't that right? Didn't you have that wretched scar from when she tried to have you claw your own eyes out?" She smiled at Maleficent. "The people you consider family are still trying to kill you and all you do is bend for them you stupid child." Maleficent stared at Calypso, a bad feeling forming in the pit of her stomach as Calypso mentioned Maleficent's family trying to kill her. It was a hint for sure, a very small hint of something to happen. What was it though? She was tempted to see if she should anger her to try and get more information out, but decided against it. It wasn't wise to try to get more information out in front of the other gods if she could.

Vinyx lifted his head lazily mumbling a few words Maleficent actually paid attention to, “heck, Taelagor talks more than this brood.”
Spinner didn’t look up from his plant, “don’t think too hard about it Vinyx. It’ll hurt what few brain cells you have left.” He shrugged. “She’s just doing what children do and throwing a tantrum because she’s not having her way.”
“She’ll run home and cry to her parents! ‘Boohoo! I can’t handle being a goddess. No one pities me anymore.’” Adessa mocked before she broke out into laughter.
Majnun sighed and rested his head back in the chair, idly staring at the ceiling. “Yes, yes, she’s a child. Can’t you think of something better than that?” He rolled his head forward and stared at Maleficent with hard eyes. “Do you remember the day you lost your mind, Death Flower?” He tipped his head sideways. “I do.” He grinned at her darkly. “You raised someone from the dead and now that someone is going to hurt your family. Are you pleased with yourself, Death Flower? The crevice of dragons burn down flamingos. Your mind will twist inside itself. The water is a ruse. Stay out of the way, little Death Flower, for I fear you might snap. The insanity will swallow you whole.”
Adessa snickered. “What gibberish are you going on about, you old clown? You’re life is being sucked from you along with your cruelty. You’ve lost your edge.”
Majnun flicked his finger and three daggers were driven into the seat, grazing her skin on either side of her face and one by her neck, causing her to bleed slightly. “What was that? I cannot hear you - you seem to have nearly caught something in your throat.” He said darkly.

Maleficent thought over Majnun’s hint that was disguised as an insult. Calypso must have meant water which meant Calypso was just saying something to get a reaction out of her and it wasn’t to be taken seriously. A dark smile crept onto her face. James, the person that had raised Maleficent, would try to kill her family. He would not get far. She needed to stay out of the mess because it must be tied into the war somehow. The dragons must have been tied to Dragon Valley. She needed to look into Dragon Valley, but not get into the mess. She had a feeling that he had meant that the war was going to get very, very nasty.
Maleficent waited as the last insults stopped flying and she could finally go back to her study. She was tempted to sigh with relief. She grinned. "It has been a pleasure meeting all of you. I hope to learn from your achievements and your mistakes." She opened the portal to her realm, not even bothering to see what the gods thought. Only one voice echoed in her head as she returned to her realm, Well done, Death Flower.

Megan waited for her, trying to be serious but nearly squealing as she ran to squeeze Maleficent in a hug.
“I NEVER thought I would see you again! Did you meet Carule? I have started some paper-”
Maleficent waved her away, smiling as she did so. Her voice croaked, “Glad to have you back.” Megan nodded and concern flooded her face. “What do gods do to rest?”
“I’m going to take a nap. On the floor.”
Megan’s face flooded with worry as Maleficent fell onto the floor, her eyes slamming shut from exhaustion.
Megan sighed and brought a pillow and a blanket for Maleficent before going to Maleficent’s desk and doing paperwork. Maleficent had survived the trial to become a goddess and had held her head high as the most powerful beings insulted her. Most of all, she was free from Fate. She could finally make a difference starting with the death keepers and shades. After that? She would find away to prove to Majnun that there was a reason for him to be proud of her, as long as her family wasn’t hurt in the process and she could do her job the best she could. She would soon learn that nothing is as permanent as it seems and that breaking was inevitable.

Offline mpart

• A Crazy
  • Immortal
Re: Another Labelle Story - Announcement
« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2016, 09:39:47 PM »
Hi guys! Some of you maybe wondering why I haven't posted in awhile and the reason is because I wrote myself into a corner. I did not plan on having this story turn into a legacy at all. It accidentally did when things did not go to plan like I wanted them to. This story was meant to explore my main antagonist's past in my main story and show that she isn't actually a horrible person. Turns out, she is. She is a completely and utterly terrible character that I hate. I never expected to get so attached to Clarissa and Liam and another character in this story, Maleficent. I wanted this story to be her's too and unfortunately when I was planning on turning it into a legacy it wouldn't have made sense. I'm going to be rewriting this story so each of the characters get the just they deserve and introducing new ones that you haven't seen before. A lot of things in the new story will change but I personally adore the changes myself.  This story will also be able to stand alone so if no one has ever read my main story, Labelle's Perfect Genetic Challenge, you can still read this one. While this story will be based loosely off the old one, please do not rely on knowledge gained from the previous story. Pretend as though it doesn't exist as I would hate to confused anyone. Anyways, I'm done rambling and I hope you enjoyed this story as much as I have and continue to read what happens to Clarissa and Liam. I just want to give @LivvieLove a huge thanks for helping me rewrite this story and continue to have this story live on.  :)