Author Topic: Reaper's Genetic Legacy Experiment [Complete]  (Read 323557 times)

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
Re: Reaper's Genetic Legacy Experiment: Saoirse
« Reply #915 on: June 10, 2016, 11:28:24 PM »
So, we've jumped significantly through time, it seems.  I appreciate the previous post with the layout of that as it gives a clearer perspective.  I actually scrolled up a couple of times while reading the last couple of updates thinking that I had simply missed something, but it's just the narrative moving along.
So, we're significantly into the future, but Bear is an immortal dog.  Will we be seeing more of him?  I know, very random question, but I just really enjoy that he's this stoic, mystical figure watching over this storyline.
I liked Saoirse, but I'm not sure about Mania.  Yes, I know they're the same person, but they're also kind of not the same person.  Saoirse had a childlike lingering hope that maybe she could have the happiness that she wants, but Mania has the resolve of everything ends in death.  It will be interesting to see if her rock boy can help her find that hope again.
Thank you for bearing with me! I hope things haven't been too confusing!
I will gladly show off more of Bear - he's a favorite of mine. =) He'll always be around in some form.
I also love your interpretation of Mania versus Saoirse. I never thought about her like that but it's very true. Saoirse still had a very bright view of the world - with things to look forward to and Mania has a very dark view of the world. I certainly hope she and Rock-Boy can figure it out. I really do love them together.
Thank you so much for your awesome feedback. =) I probably don't say it enough but I'm really grateful to hear your thoughts on how things are progressing!

-------------------------

Anyways, for those curious, @mpart just posted a fabulous update where Mania makes an entrance and sets some rules on behalf of Majnun in her Labelle Perfect Genetics Legacy. I'll be tying it into the present-day storyline here soon, but those of you who are interested in getting to know Fate (Sheogorath's daughter) and take a look as to where things are progressing in the present storyline - it's a fantastic chapter and I highly recommend it. Find it here!

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
Re: Reaper's Genetic Legacy Experiment: I'm Broken
« Reply #916 on: June 13, 2016, 01:35:55 AM »
I'm Broken
Majnun scowled to himself as he looked at the papers on his desk. He scrambled them all with his hands in frustration before sighing and pinching the bridge of his nose. Tensions were rising between the gods and there could be a war on his hands - or worse: a Trial.
Trials were the most arduous, lengthy, tedious processes ever invented. He loathed them - yet he had to be at every single one. Every. Single. One.

There was so much time wasted during these petty Trials and it drove him further into insanity. He and Agonin were the two gods required to attend. Agonin, after his years of loyal service to Time, was elected Judge of the Gods, and does he ever follow the rulebook. Painfully. To the letter. Majnun was getting a headache thinking about it. Majnun hated dealing in politics and law. His job was simpler. He was the executioner.
He glared at the papers on his desk with the thought.
He was a glorified brute at trials and while it can be fun occasionally, the trials often proved too tedious and lengthy for him to get any enjoyment out of enforcing the judgment. The longest trial he sat on took 72 years. He rubbed his temples. Please, he willed, anything but a trial. He’d take a massive war at this point. He and Quinn could go knocking some heads around like old times. He closed his eyes and breathed out slowly, his mind lingering on thoughts of Anne.
Old times meant he didn’t have to worry about someone he loved getting hurt.
He didn’t have anyone he loved back then.
Anne changed everything.
He tossed the paperwork onto the floor with a grin. The paperwork made a better doormat than whatever purpose it was meant to serve. For as long as he had stared at it, he still hadn’t actually figured out what it was for - just that Agonin left it for him. He clucked and stomped on it with his boots as he stood.
A gentle knock on the door pulled him from his happy thoughts of stomping on paperwork. “My sweet?”

In an instant Majnun appeared next to her as she opened the door and came in. He picked her up and kissed her sweetly. “Yes, my heart?”
She smiled softly and shook her head. She was still a little upset with him for how he treated her parents the night before. Despite it all, they managed to make it through the dinner, but she was pretty sure it was because her parents feared for their lives. She let out a slow breath, “how are things going in here?” She asked gently.
“Just finishing the weekly paperwork stomping. Nothing unusual.” He gave her a wide grin. He had been trying extra hard to wear down the walls of her anger from the previous night.
It was working slowly, but Anne was trying to keep her resolve. “I want to talk to you about last night.”
He sucked in his lips and slowly nodded. In an instant he was sitting on his desk and scowling at the ground. “I take it I’m still in trouble.” He slowly raised his eyes and gave her a silly stare.
Her lips pulled slightly into a frown and her brow furrowed with hurt. “Majnun…”
His shoulders slumped then and he stood up carefully. He slowly moved to walk back over towards her. “Anne, I-”
She shook her head, “you’re not taking this seriously, are you?” Her gaze fell to the floor sadly.
He felt his heart ache slightly and he sighed. “No… my heart, I am.” He slowly lowered his head until his eyes met hers.

“I just wanted to get back to a good place with my parents again.” She whispered softly as she hugged herself.
Majnun closed his eyes and took in another deep breath. He wanted to bite his tongue - do anything to stop himself from saying what he knew was about to come out of his mouth. “I’m sorry… my heart.” He was and he wasn’t. He was only sorry that she was hurting so much from it. He had absolutely no regrets about how he acted towards her parents. They got off easy, in his opinion. He reached over and touched her arms hesitantly. When she didn’t flinch or pull away, he pulled her into a hug.
“They thought that I was crazy, Majnun.” She whispered to him.
He rocked back and forth on his feet gently with his arms around her. “I know, my heart.”
“My mother thought I wasn’t even capable of making tea…” Her voice was getting softer.
Majnun frowned and delicately pulled away from her, tilting her head up to look at him. Soft tears were falling from her eyes and it fueled his anger. “No, no.” He frowned at her as he gently wiped the tears that fell. “This will not do.”
She turned her gaze away slightly, “I’m-”
He swept her off her feet and the world rushed past her suddenly. She squeaked slightly and clutched to her husband then until the world stopped moving so rapidly. When she looked around all she saw were flowers. She sniffled slightly in surprise. All the flowers in Midnight Hollow were dying as the autumn weather took hold. She stared in awe at all the bright flowers and colors. Her gaze turned back to Majnun then, her eyes still glassy from tears. “You’re too sweet to me sometimes.” She sucked in a soft sob and tears started falling again.
Majnun frowned, this was supposed to help her, not make her feel sadder. “I was trying to help.” He whispered to her, looking at her sweetly.

She sniffled and wiped away at her face but the tears were still coming. “You’ve only ever treated me kindly and I got upset with you for defending me… I’m so sorry. That wasn’t right of me.” Her voice was distorted with emotion.
“No. No, no, no.” He shook his head then and stepped forward, pulling her hands from her face. “Look at me, Anne.”
She sniffled, taking in a shaky breath as her gaze slowly met his. His eyes were gentle and soft - looking at her the same way he always did. “I’m-”
He shook his head and hushed her. “Don’t apologize… there is no need.” He smiled at her very gently. “Do you know what my specialization in magic is, my heart?” He picked up her hand in his and rubbed it gently.

The change of topics seemed to pull her a bit from her sadness as she looked at him. She shook her head slowly. “I thought you could practice any kind of magic.”
He smiled at her - at the fact that she cared enough to learn about his boring field of work. “That’s correct. I can.” He paused and debated word choice. “However, as with most magic, the more you practice certain spells and magic types - the better you get. My strength is in wards.” He rubbed her hand with his thumb gently.
Her brow furrowed as she thought. Her eyes gently narrowed and her lips slightly pursed. It was the face she made when she thought about things. It made him smile wider. “Wards…” She was trying very hard to recall anything she might know about them. He was amazed by her. Wards were tricky to understand, and often it was best left to be taught by showing, rather than explanation. Words just could never explain them well enough. Just like him. It was why he liked them so much.
“Protection.” He said simply. It was the easiest way to describe them. They were much more complex than that, but ultimately, they were protection. He squeezed her hand and brought the subject back around. “My specialization is in barriers, wards and - ultimately - protection. I will always defend you, my heart.” 
She looked up at him and her face filled with emotions. “I’m sorry for being upset with you, my sweet.”

He shook his head, “someone has to keep me in line.” He chuckled, but his face grew more serious. “I’m sorry that last night did not go how you hoped.”
“I don’t know what I expected.” She sighed softly and wiped at her face again. She turned and looked around - ready to stop thinking about her parents. “Where are we, my sweet?”
“Monte Vista.” He smiled at her. “I figured you could use some color to cheer you up.”
She smiled and leaned against him, “It does… thank you, my sweet.” She rested her head against him and they stood in silence for a minute as the warm breeze gusted around them. Anne found her smile growing slowly as she recalled the good events of the night before. “Mr. Hatter was such a wonderful distraction. Did you know him?”
Majnun frowned at the reminder. Anne was in danger. He could not forget that warning. “No. He is - or rather, will be - a Priest of Time Past. He was Time Traveling from a future time - what he was doing, I’m not sure, but he seemed to believe your life was in danger.”
Anne looked down at herself, “he also said I would have a baby boy.” She smiled brightly. Her smile usually eased his worries but this time it only increased them.
“Anne-”

“You said he was time traveling? How is that possible?” She changed the subject once again.
“My heart…” He sighed as she looked at him expectantly. She always had her way of controlling and changing the conversation. He never stood a chance. “Time Traveling is very possible... there are just a lot of rules that come with it...”
“Rules?” She pursed her lips thoughtfully.
“The Sisters of Time - Yvaine, Trenadira, and Jyri - hold a very tight leash on Time Traveling. They don’t like when people mess with events of the world. They aren’t afraid to inflict death upon someone who misuses Time Travel and otherwise alters the timeline.”
“It sounds difficult.” Anne frowned thoughtfully.
Majnun chuckled. “It’s not that hard.” He snapped his fingers.

“It sounds difficult.” Anne frowned thoughtfully.

Majnun was suddenly four feet away and laughing. “It’s not that hard.” He snapped his fingers again.

“It sounds-” She frowned harsher. “Majnun!”
He was right behind her then. “It’s not that hard.” He whispered teasingly into her ear.

She spun around and stared at him with big eyes. “What are you-”
He snapped his fingers again.

“Rules?” She frowned harsher and Majnun was wearing something else. “MAJNUN! Stop!” Her voice was panicked. He just told her death was the penalty for misusing the powers of time yet here he was… frivolously altering time. “I don’t want you to get in trouble!”

He laughed then. “Do not fear, my heart. They care not for petty parlour tricks like this one. It’s when I change the course of the future significantly that they would have an issue - like if I saved someone’s life, or prevented an event from occurring.”
She pursed her lips again and he kissed her sweetly.

“Did you honestly think I would throw my life away?” He grinned and shook his head. “Quite the contrary - this is the first time in nearly 1700 years that I feel like I have something worth living for… someone worth living for.”
She smiled at him, “I’m so lucky to have you, my sweet.”
He smiled warmly back at her. “It is I who is the lucky one, my heart.” He pulled her closer to him and they enjoyed the warmth and the flowers for the rest of the day.

Anne sat curled up in the study as Majnun worked on paperwork with boot prints on them. It had been a week since the horrible dinner with her parents and Daisy had a million things to say on the topic the next time she had come over for lunch. After that, however, her parents faded away into the background of her mind. Other thoughts started to take precedence - the most important one being that it had been just over a week since she had seen Sheogorath, and she worried for him. Months of seeing him every day to every other day and suddenly he goes quiet for a week?
She looked over at Majnun then, her worry filling her face. His head was focused on his paperwork, yet he seemed to sense her gaze and he peered up to meet her eyes. “Still worried about Sheogorath?” He asked her lightly as his eyes turned back to the paperwork on his desk.
“How can I not? It’s been over a week, Majnun.” Her voice was flooded with concern.

He smiled at her, “you do not need to worry for him, my heart. With any luck he’s pestering his grandfather to death.”
Anne wasn’t reassured. “I just have a bad feeling, my sweet.” She sat up then and looked at him with her gentle eyes.
He braced himself for the incoming request. He could feel it coming.
“Do you think… perhaps you could go check on him? For me?” She paused and smiled at him very lightly. “Please?”
He sighed and stared down at his paperwork. At the very least it would keep him away from having to stare at the seemingly endless stacks that were coming in. Agonin had left him in charge of some things while he handled some more pressing matters. Majnun never asked what the matters were - it never mattered to him what Order did, just so long as he could undo it. “I suppose.” He grinned at her, showing her that he was only teasing with his tone. He waited a moment before adding. “I can never say ‘no’ to you, my heart.”
Her smile grew bigger, “thank you, my sweet. I would just feel better knowing that he is safe.”
Majnun stood and tossed the paperwork on the ground again, stepping on it and grinning before opening a portal and vanishing into its depths.

Anne stood and began pacing the room, fidgeting with her hands as she waited. She idly went over and collected the paperwork Majnun had tossed to the ground. It looked complicated and tedious. It talked about trials and death and some of it was even in a language she wasn’t familiar with. She gently placed the stack back on his desk and continued pacing the room.
Time passed on, and Anne grew further worried. Majnun had been gone a half an hour by this point and it definitely should not have taken that long. She started to worry about the worst. She looked over to the vial on the desk - the one that would take her to the Madhouse. What would she do when she got there? She wasn’t entirely sure. She felt hopeless pacing back and forth in the study.
Another fifteen minutes went by and Anne’s heart had begun pounding with worry. The noise of a portal opening caught her attention and she swiveled around quickly, as a portal opened and Sheogorath fell through it and onto the ground. The portal sealed up tightly behind him. He sniffled and his eyes were red from tears. He looked around, slightly dazed and still crying before his eyes landed on her. He scrambled to his feet. “M-m-mother!”

“Sheogorath!” Anne opened her arms and wrapped him up in a hug. He began to sob in her arms. “I was so worried about you, my Sheogorath.” She whispered into his hair. “Are you ok, little one? Are you hurt?” She pulled away from him and looked him over gently.
“I-I-I’m so-so-sorry.” He sputtered through tears.
Anne hugged him tightly again. “Hush now, little one, it’s ok. You’re safe with me now. Are you hurt at all?”
He shook his head ‘no’ and wiped his face on his sleeve. “I-I-I broke… I broke mom’s vase!” He whimpered. “I made… I made a mess! I-I’m sorry!”
She rubbed his back gently. “Oh sweetheart,” she whispered. “Accidents happen sometimes. It’s ok.” She wiped his cheeks gently. “Do you know where your father is?”
He sucked in a shaky breath and seemed to be thinking about something in his head. “He and mom were arguing. They were noisy.” He sniffled then and looked at her. “I-I-Is he mad at me too?”
Anne shook her head quickly. “Of course not, Sheogorath. Your father loves you very much. He’s not mad at you at all.” She paused. “I was just worried about you, so I asked your father to check to be sure you were ok.”
“I-I-I’m sorry, Mother.” He stuttered on the words. 

She hushed him again and shook her head. “There’s no need to be sorry, Sheogorath. Accidents happen. It’s ok.” She rubbed his back, but he was still greatly upset. She pulled him into the chair and sat him down on her lap. She soothed him and started to sing the song she knew the best. He clutched to her as she sang and cried until he was finally calm.
“M-Mother?”
“Yes, my Sheo?”
He swallowed, his arms wrapping around her tighter. “I don’t want to go back.” He took in a long breath. “Please don’t make me go back.”
Anne frowned and felt pain in her heart. “It isn’t up to me, my Sheo… but I’ll do everything I can, ok?”
He nodded, seeming reassured by the statement. His stomach started to growl and Anne smiled at him sweetly.
“Are you hungry, sweetheart? Would you like something to eat?” She slowly pulled him off of her lap and stood up, trying to smile at him.
He frowned at the floor. “I… I’m not…” He fidgeted. “I’m not...supposed to eat until… until I’ve learned my lesson.”
Anne’s eyes went wide and she sucked in a long breath, holding it and counting in her head. This was the final straw. She was angry. She closed her eyes and let the breath out slowly before opening her eyes once again. “Do you know what lesson you’re supposed to learn?” She asked him gently.
He looked at her with big eyes. “Not… not to make messes?”

Anne shook her head slowly and kneeled next to him. “The lesson is that mistakes happen. Messes happen. Accidents happen - and that’s ok.”
He frowned, “But-”
She shook her head. “Can you repeat to me the lesson I just said?” Her voice was very gentle, but firm. She would not let him believe that he cannot ever fail. That was far too much for adults to handle, let alone a child.
He fidgeted and looked at her nervously. “Mistakes… happen.” He started, his eyes glancing at her hesitantly before returning to the floor. “Messes... happen.” He bit his lip and seemed distressed. His eyes filled with panic and he looked up at her. “I can’t… I can’t remember-”
She calmed him sweetly, “Accidents happen - and that’s ok.” She repeated.
He nodded then and clenched his fists. “Accidents… happen… and that’s… ok?”
Anne nodded sweetly. “There now.” She stood up and held out her hand. “That’s a lesson learned… now let’s get you something to eat, my Sheo.”
He took her hand hesitantly and rested his head against her side as they walked out of the study. Once they made it into the kitchen Sheogorath pulled on her hand slightly to get her attention. She looked over and met his big, red eyes. “I… I love you, Mother.”
She smiled at him warmly and brushed a hair out of his face. “I love you too, my Sheogorath.” She always would.

Sheogorath had dug into all the food Anne pulled out and prepared ravenously when she heard the sound of a portal upstairs. Sheogorath had heard it as well, and he stopped eating immediately. His eyes looked at Anne nervously and she smiled at him. In a heartbeat Majnun appeared in the doorway, leaning against the doorframe. He looked angry, yet his face softened when he saw the two of them at the dining table.

“I’m glad you’re home, my sweet.” Anne smiled at him.
Sheogorath sat rigidly in his chair, not moving an inch. Anne reached over and rubbed his arm gently.
“Anne,” Majnun’s voice was quiet and level. “Could I have a moment with my son?” He paused then and his face softened completely, “please?”
Anne looked between the two of them and nodded. She stood slowly and kissed Sheogorath’s head before approaching her husband. Majnun gave her a soft smile and they shared a brief kiss before she took to the stairs slowly.
Majnun waited a brief moment before fluidly crossing the distance to the dining table and pulling a chair to face his son. He sat down and leaned forward, looking at his son curiously, but saying nothing. Sheogorath did not meet his eyes, and instead looked forward or towards his plate hesitantly. Majnun followed his gaze to the plate and then looked back at his son. “Did the Lady Anne take care of you when you got here?”
Sheogorath nodded once.
Majnun nodded and he smiled slightly. “She’s a wonderful lady, isn’t she?”
The boy smiled slightly, his eyes took a chance and darted over to Majnun briefly before they quickly moved away. He nodded again.

Majnun kept his voice very level. “Do you like the Lady Anne?”
Sheogorath looked at him then and he nodded again, his smile growing a little bigger.
“You’re not just saying that because I like her, right?” Majnun let his voice slide up an octave while giving Sheogorath a goofy grin.
Sheogorath resisted laughing at the change.
“What?” Majnun’s voice got squeakier. “Is there something wrong with my voice?” His voice dropped low suddenly and he kept grinning.
Sheogorath laughed softly, but his sucked in his lips as he tried to stop.
“What? You can laugh at me.” Majnun chuckled. “I am a fool, after all.” He narrowed his eyes slightly at his son, but his eyes were still playful.
Sheogorath smiled but shook his head.
“Yes, I am.” Majnun smiled, but the smile fell slightly and he looked more seriously at Sheogorath then. “I think you know why I asked to speak with you, Sheogorath. I need to have a look in your head, ok?” It was a common spell amongst the powerful - channeling magic to enter someone’s head. He could view their thoughts and feelings, relive memories through their eyes, or even fix some deep-seated problems. Yet, as much as he could touch, he could also damage. If not done right, the spell would hurt the participant greatly… he could also inflict people with insanity this way. Many who were not well-versed enough could not complete this spell without causing harm. It took a lot of training to really become a master at mind manipulation.
Sheogorath frowned then and leaned away, his eyes big. He started shaking his head.

“It’s not going to hurt, I promise.” Majnun tried to reassure him, but he could see the panic in Sheogorath’s eyes.
Sheogorath was still shaking his head, tears filling his eyes.
There was no way that Majnun would force this on him, but Majnun needed to know what happened between him and Alessandra. Majnun held up his hands and relented. “Ok. Ok.” He paused and looked away while pursing his lips. An idea struck him then. “What if… what if the Lady Anne sat with you? Would you let me take a look then?”
Sheogorath was hesitant, but he reluctantly agreed. Majnun walked him slowly upstairs, finding Anne in the bedroom. Once Sheogorath caught sight of Anne he ran to her and hugged her legs tightly. Anne gave Majnun a confused and protective look and he shrugged in return. “I have a need to see what happened between him and his mother; however, Sheogorath would feel more comfortable if you were there with him. Right, Sheogorath?”
He didn’t look up and instead just nodded into Anne’s skirt.
“Is that ok, my heart?”
Anne’s brow furrowed, and she looked down at Sheogorath before turning back to her husband. “I’m not sure I understand what you mean… are you leaving?”

Majnun shook his head. “I just want to see what happened this week through his eyes. It is a process that should not be painful to him, but I will never do it to a child who is unwilling.”
Anne smiled at him softly and looked down to Sheogorath. “Could he just tell you about it, if he would rather not?”
Sheogorath shook his head then. “No… no. I… I’m not… I’m not good at…” He breathed. Anne sunk down beside him and rubbed his back gently.
“It’s ok, my Sheo.” She looked up at Majnun with worry.
“I am only trying to help.” He said levelly. “I cannot help him if I do not know.”
She nodded and looked back to Sheogorath. “Will you let your father have a look then?”
Sheogorath’s lower lip trembled and he looked at Anne nervously. “It hurts… It hurts…” He sniffled.
Anne’s eyes went wide, and Majnun’s reflected the same surprise that hers did. Anne picked Sheogorath up and sat with him on the bed. Majnun kneeled and looked very seriously at his son and back to Anne. “I’ve never done this with you, Sheogorath. How could you know if it hurts?”
“Mom… Mom does… it hurts! It hurts!” He whimpered.
Majnun’s eyes went bigger and his face grew hard with anger as he clenched his fists. He slowly sucked in a breath.

Anne put a protective arm around Sheogorath then. “You said it doesn’t hurt, Majnun.” She said skeptically. “What, exactly, is this?”
Majnun stood and pinched the bridge of his nose in frustration before he turned back around to Sheogorath. “How many times has your mother gone into your head, Sheogorath?”
The boy looked down nervously and frowned. “I… I… didn’t want her to.” It always caused greater pain to unwilling participants. Majnun seethed.
“How many times though?!” He was barely keeping his anger contained.
Anne rubbed Sheogorath’s shoulders gently, and Majnun was clenching his fists with anger. “My sweet, take a breath.” She warned him gently. She turned her gaze onto Sheogorath and tilted the boy’s head up to meet her gaze. “You didn’t want your mother to… go into your head as your father is about to?” She asked him slowly.
He nodded, tears in his eyes.
Anne frowned softly, “because it hurt a lot, right?”
He whimpered and nodded, moving his hands up to hold his head. “I’m… broken… I’m… broken…” He whispered. Alessandra had planted the thought. She was not even remotely capable of digging into someone’s head responsibly.
Majnun’s face crossed a threshold then - he was so angry. He closed his eyes and slowly sank to the floor, his hands rubbing his face as if to wipe away the bewilderment and anger he felt. Anne opened her mouth to speak again when Majnun held up his hand. “Sheogorath.” His voice was quiet and dark. “Let me see your hand.”

Sheogorath nervously held his hand out to Majnun who took the boy’s hand and shaped it to be two fingers pointed at him. Slowly Majnun raised the boy’s hand, pressing Sheogorath’s fingers to his forehead. “You’ve been around me long enough, you know the spell.” Majnun’s voice was encouraging. “Look.” Sheogorath hesitated, but Majnun persisted. “You cannot hurt me, I promise. You look into my head, and I’ll look into yours. Deal?”
Sheogorath paused and bit his cheek as he thought about it. After a minute, he nodded slowly.
Anne watched, intrigued, as Sheogorath closed his eyes and magic seemed to be transferred from the little boy to her husband. After a minute they both opened their eyes. Majnun crossed his eyes and grinned a goofy smile, causing Sheogorath to laugh. Majnun returned to his usual calm expression. “That was very good, Sheogorath.” He narrowed his eyes slightly with interest. “You have great talent at that. I didn’t have to steer you back on course at all.”
Sheogorath grinned widely at the compliment. “Can… can I… do that again?” He asked with big eyes.
Majnun smiled at him, “perhaps later I’ll let you scramble Quinn’s brain. How does that sound?”
The boy nodded quickly, a smile still pulling on his face.
Majnun’s face grew serious. “Now, can I have a look, Sheogorath?”
The boy still seemed hesitant, but he reluctantly nodded.
Majnun smiled at him gently. “Hold onto the Lady Anne’s hands. I promise this won’t hurt.” With that Majnun placed his fingers to his son’s forehead and went in.
The reality he saw was… horrifying. Alessandra was jealous of Anne. She had dug into Sheogorath’s head on numerous occasions trying to learn more about Anne and her interactions with Sheogorath. He continued going further in but he only got angrier and angrier. Alessandra had convinced their son that he was insane. She put too much pressure on him. She yelled. She threw fits. How had no one seen this before? Majnun pulled away then. He had already seen too much, and he was just scratching the surface. He clenched his jaw and fists before his eyes met Sheogorath’s.
“That… That didn’t even… hurt…” The boy whispered in awe.
Majnun stood then, unable to speak. He wanted to scream. He let Alessandra off far too gently during their previous argument. He snapped his fingers and Quinn fell through the floor.
Quinn groaned. “What, can’t a man take a nap without getting summoned?” He weakly covered his face with his arm.

“Quinn.” Majnun’s voice was dangerously venomous which caused Quinn’s eyes to open wide as he wondered if he was in trouble for something. Quinn quickly recalled everything terrible he’d done in the past few days and frowned.
“It’s not even Wednesday yet, master, you can’t be this angry with me this early on in the week.” He gave Majnun a wily grin, but when his master’s face didn’t change he stood suddenly and straightened himself. “Who are we going to war with now?” He asked with a sigh.
“We’re not.” Majnun’s voice was serious. “You are to go to Alessandra’s home and collect all of Sheogorath’s things.” Quinn opened his mouth to object when Majnun held up his hand and silenced him. “No arguments. Go.” Majnun held out his hand, prepared to snap his fingers again.
Quinn held up his hand and grumbled. “Alright, alright! Sheesh.” He made a strange gesture and opened a portal, grumbling the whole way. “Do I look like an errand boy to you? Clearly. Quinn do this. Quinn fetch that. Quinn no sassing the lady. Sometimes I wish I weren’t so agreeable.” He groaned as he stepped through the portal.
Majnun stood, staring at where the portal once was in the silence that followed. It took only a minute for him to feel something tugging at his hand. His gaze turned quickly, his sharp eyes looking to see what grabbed him but only finding the big eyes of his son. “C-c-can I… can I… stay here?” He swallowed and looked away before gathering the courage to meet his father’s eyes. “P-P-Please?”
Majnun felt his lips curl upward into a smile and he slowly got down on a knee. His eyes met Anne’s looking for her approval and receiving it. He turned back to Sheogorath and nodded slowly. “Of course you can, Sheogorath.” He stole a glance from Anne who was smiling at him before speaking again. “This is your home now t-”

With a thud, Sheogorath had threw his arms around his father and buried his face into a big hug. “I… I love you, dad.”
Majnun sat stunned for a moment, his eyes slightly wider. Anne was laughing very gently at his amusing reaction. Slowly, Majnun wrapped his arms around his son. “I… love you too, Sheogorath.” With a very soft smile, Majnun had decided that perhaps parenting wasn’t so far out of his reach after all.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #917 on: June 13, 2016, 11:20:52 AM »
It's about time they took Sheo away from his nasty mom!
And Quinn.  So nice that he has it gauged by day in terms of how much trouble he should be in  :=)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #918 on: June 13, 2016, 01:01:46 PM »
Yes, to the return of the curl over Majnun's left eye! (Or had it never gone away and I'd just not noticed?)

Also, yes to everything that Pippin wrote!
And here I thought I'd already hated Alessandra to the max!
Awww, Majnun loves Sheogorath back! Yay!
  (Some very gorgeous shots of the Big M in this chapter...also I like Quinn's hair down...I know, I know, only the most significant details, that's me!)

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #920 on: June 13, 2016, 04:49:56 PM »
It's about time they took Sheo away from his nasty mom!
And Quinn.  So nice that he has it gauged by day in terms of how much trouble he should be in  :=)
Yes! Sheogorath is free! ;D
Oh Quinn. He's my favorite (clearly). ::) He's something else, I'll tell you that. You probably have a new appreciation for him since you started your new project! XD He's special. Hehe.

Yes, to the return of the curl over Majnun's left eye! (Or had it never gone away and I'd just not noticed?)

Also, yes to everything that Pippin wrote!
And here I thought I'd already hated Alessandra to the max!
Awww, Majnun loves Sheogorath back! Yay!
  (Some very gorgeous shots of the Big M in this chapter...also I like Quinn's hair down...I know, I know, only the most significant details, that's me!)

The Majnun with Anne will ALWAYS have curly hair. She likes it that way. ;D <3
Majnun loves all of his children, he just has the firm belief that he'd mess their lives up if he let them too close. Anne chucks all his rulebooks out the window though. ::)
I love Majnun and Quinn, but Quinn's hair is my least favorite. It's his though. I'm going to find a subtle way to change it when I can though. Ugh, Quinn is something else. That's his hair... and he likes it that way. I don't. He does. Esmerelda doesn't. I'll figure something out. XD HE WILL BEND TO ME.
What am I talking about? I always bend to my characters. ::)

It's so heartbreaking that a mother would do such a thing to her child.
I was heartbroken as I wrote it. It's probably a little silly, but I usually let my characters have free reign. I just kind of write down how I feel they would react/act in the situations they're put in and... Alessandra wrote herself. I always thought (and even hoped a little) that she wouldn't go down this path, but she did. She's just a terrible piece of work. I rest easier now knowing that Anne is such a great mother though.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
Re: Reaper's Genetic Legacy Experiment: The Bane of Destiny
« Reply #921 on: June 17, 2016, 03:33:32 AM »
I apologize if this chapter seems off. The writing gods are just not working in my favor lately (or at least, it feels that way).

[The following chapter has characters narrated by @mpart]

The Bane of Destiny
Sheogorath settled in to the Swallow house and remained with Majnun and Anne permanently for the rest of the month. Agonin had stopped by after that and he and Majnun spent a very long time in the study, though no voices were ever raised. Anne never knew what all they talked about, save for that Sheogorath would remain with Majnun and herself indefinitely while things were sorted.
Tensions were rising significantly between Majnun, Malice and Nyx. There were whispers of war threatening to break out, and Majnun was being worn down more and more with each argument. An argument went particularly sour one day and the entire study had been burned to ash, leaving Majnun collapsed into insanity. After that though, things quieted down and resumed a careful normalcy.
Daisy got married to a lovely man named Philip. Anne, having been around magic for most of a year by that point sensed something was different about him right away, but Majnun only shrugged and grinned at her when she would ask. He would always segway that into a conversation about her receiving her own magical gifts so she could get the answers she sought. The answer hadn’t changed though, and in Anne’s mind it never would. Some days she felt herself warming to the idea but then fear would grasp her mind. All of the fears were irrational, yet she could not shake them for some strange reason.
Every time she thought about asking more about the magic she might receive, something terrible would happen. Interruptions, fires, even once where Sheogorath had teleported incorrectly and landed where he very much shouldn’t have been. Anne always believed that fate would guide her choices, and she truly had no idea how accurate that was.

It had been just over a year since she had met Majnun that she stood in front of the mirror and frowned at herself, her hands over her very flat stomach. Her frown deepened as her mind got lost in thought. What was she doing wrong? The past several months she tried several different diets that Daisy had recommended for conception but there had been nothing. Hopelessness was beginning to consume her and she was having trouble doing things she once enjoyed.
All of her paintings stumped her. She couldn’t sit down for long enough to read a book - her mind would begin to wander. Charlotte had dropped by with the boys and while Anne was happy to see the growing toddlers, Deliro and Kefka, it only made her feel sadder when Charlotte went home. What if something was wrong with her? She tried all the teas and the home remedies that every nan had known but she hadn’t even been slightly successful.

She sucked in a deep breath and closed her eyes sadly where she stood. She was inherently opposed to the thought of Majnun using magic on her to figure out what was wrong… but why? She wanted this more than anything… at the very least he could tell her what was wrong. Something about the thought made her very uneasy. Why? She kept pushing the question through her mind. She was married to the God of Magic. This wasn’t sprung on her. Why was she so uneasy? Something wasn’t right, and it wasn’t just her health. She put her hands on her head. This seemed so crazy. Perhaps she was losing her mind?
The burn behind her eyes came forward in the form of stinging tears. It was as if fate were working against her now and it made her want to roll over and give in. Her shoulders slumped and the sobs began to shake them.
Her husband never seemed to let her sit alone in her thoughts for too long and this time was no different. She could hear the door to the bedroom opening and closing. For a moment she worried Sheogorath would see her falling apart, but something in her knew it wasn’t the little boy who quietly approached her now. The magic came alive whenever Majnun was in the area, it was hard to explain it. She had never noticed it in the beginning, but now it was impossible not to know. It was like a tingle on her skin she got around powerful magic. It was comforting to her now, a reminder of safety and love.

Now though, it only made her cry harder. She feared his rejection. She feared he would find something wrong with her. When Anne was younger, her mother would talk to the neighbors about a woman who never could seem to have any children. The woman was thrown out of the house by her husband and she was never seen again. The public’s response to the situation was that her husband was completely in the right and the woman must have done something horrible to deserve it.
What had Anne done to deserve this? How long would it be before judgment came for her?
Majnun’s pressed her to him and part of her wanted to push him away. It was a small, nagging part of her. It told her that he would eventually turn her out for not being able to conceive.
How could that be true? Majnun had been nothing but perfect to her. Beyond kindness, beyond understanding - he loved her unconditionally. Why did she feel there would be conditions now? Perhaps she just feared losing him. He was a piece of her now. She didn’t think she could survive without him there.

She clutched to Majnun and she slowly tried to gather herself. “I’m so… I’m so sorry…” Her voice was distorted and broken - just as she felt.
His arms wrapped tighter around her. “No, my heart, do not be.” His voice seemed slightly pained and it only made Anne sadder. Something was wrong with her and if she couldn’t figure it out, she would lose everything.
“No… I am… I’m trying, my sweet… I promise I-” She whimpered. “I’m trying everything I can…” He had three wives before her, all of whom conceived children.
All of whom weren’t afraid of the magic her husband wielded.
What was wrong with her? Her mind was falling into self-destruction now and she couldn’t bear it. “Please… I can do this…” She resigned herself then. She needed him. She would beg for as many chances as she could. “Please.” She gripped at his shirt; she never wanted to let go. Her voice dropped to something barely audible. “Don’t throw me out.”
She was pulled away from him so suddenly that it caused fear to swarm her and she was lost to her tears. She wanted to fall to the floor and curl up. Would it happen today? Next week? Her mind was racing with every negative outcome.
“Anne...” His voice was firm but pleading and it yanked her from the chains that seemed to want to drag her under. One of his arms was supporting her weight and the other was holding her chin, guiding her to look at him. “Look at me, Anne.” His voice dropped to something very gentle. “Please, look at me.”
Her gaze hesitantly met his and she felt herself easing when she only saw love in his eyes. “I’m sorry.” She whispered.
He shook his head gently, “what are you talking about, my heart?” His voice held worry and confusion. “‘Throw you out?’ You think I would throw you out? For any reason?”

Her lower lip trembled and she shook her head, “I knew a woman whose husband threw her out of the house for not being able to conceive.” The words were rushing out. “I really want to have a child and I promise I’m trying.”
Majnun was shaking his head. Anne was on the verge of hysterics. She sucked in shaky breaths and struggled to stop trembling. Majnun tightened his grip on her arms. She was still talking quickly.
“I know that I’m not doing well. I don’t know what’s wrong with me. Something has to be wrong with me, Majnun and I promise I’m working on it. I just need to figure-”
“Anne...” He spoke her name, but she wasn’t listening. “Anne.” His voice was more firm, but she was still muttering quietly - though most of it was inaudible to him by this point. “Anne!” She stopped talking immediately and her eyes widened as she looked at him. He stepped closer to her, his thumb running along her jawline. “Breathe, Anne. Breathe.” His voice was firm but loving. “Breathe in.” He ordered gently and she slowly obeyed. He continued gently rubbing her jaw and face. “Breathe out.”
Her breathing started to slow.

“I would… I will never, ever throw you out - for any reason. Ever.” When she opened her mouth to protest he covered it with his fingers. “No. Never. I love you, Anne.” She looked like she was ready to cry again but he kept going. “I love… you.” He spoke the words very slowly and carefully, putting emphasis on each one. “Now, what’s going on, my heart?”
She rested against him and let out deep breaths. “Something isn’t right, Majnun.” She whispered. “Something’s wrong with me. I feel like I’m going crazy.”
“Do you want me to look into it?” He willed her to just say ‘yes’ this time. Her pain made him ache and he could actually help this time. She just had to let him.
“No.” Her response was immediate, but her brow furrowed and she frowned. “Yes.” It was quieter.
He wasn’t entirely convinced, and he didn’t want to push her boundaries… but she had also said ‘yes.’ “Let me help you, my heart.” He begged. “Please?”
She nodded again and relief flooded him. He picked her up gently and walked her over to the bed.
“What doesn’t feel right, my heart?” He looked her over carefully, not seeing anything that stood out to him right away. She wasn’t physically ill. He would sense it if she had caught a sickness of any variety. She had her tremors… perhaps they had gotten worse and were causing other problems?
Anne frowned and shook her head. “I don’t… I don’t know. I just know it doesn’t feel right.” She shook her head. “I’m losing my mind…” She whispered. “I can’t even articulate what doesn’t feel right!” A tear fell from her eyes. “Something doesn’t feel right though.”

Majnun felt awareness run through him immediately at her words. Magic. She couldn’t articulate it because she never knew what it felt like to have magic. She doesn’t know the feelings associated with it. He moved to sit on the bed, looking at Anne gently. He grabbed her hand in his. “My heart… I need to tell you something.”
Anne looked at him with worry. “What is it?” She frowned. “I really am losing my mind, aren’t I?”
Majnun chuckled darkly, “no, my heart. I’m already insane enough for the both of us.” He gave her a soft smile but he shook his head. “No, there’s something I need to tell you about… about when I courted you.”
Anne was confused, “what do you mean?”
Majnun let out a sigh. “When I started to court you, I was approached by Destiny, the Goddess of Fate.” He looked away briefly. “She asked me to step away from you because she had marked you as her High Priestess.”
Her eyes went wide. “But…” Her brow furrowed. “That wouldn’t be allowed.” She pieced together. “We couldn’t have been together then.”

He nodded gently. “She was adamant that I should give you up, but I… didn’t want to. I had already asked you to marry me the very first time,” a smile pulled on his lips. “The time you rejected me.” He gave her a devious stare. “But she did not know that you had rejected me… and seeing as she hadn’t yet asked you to be her High Priestess… I may have told her that it was her who would be breaking the rules, and not I.” He had been bluffing somewhat at the time, but he wouldn’t give up Anne. He had been so baffled by how he felt about her. In denial. He certainly wasn’t anymore.
Anne looked at him with warmth. “You risked starting a war, for me?”
He nodded slightly. He never would’ve let it come to war. He would’ve taken her to a trial over it. He would’ve won. He wouldn’t let himself lose her. “The thought of not being with you upset me too much.” He looked at her then and smiled.
She smiled gently at him, but worry clouded her eyes. “What does this have to do with what I’m feeling now, though?”
“You have a piece of dormant magic in you from Destiny, and I think it’s becoming more unstable.” He paused and leaned over to her. “Can I take a look?”
She nodded softly again and rested her head back. Majnun placed his hand delicately on her ribcage below her chest. He searched throughout her, not finding anything until he had a hunch. He removed his hand. “Sit up for me, my heart.”
She did as she was asked and he adjusted himself behind her, bringing the protection spell he left on her to life. He pressed two fingers to the back of her neck over the spell and sure enough it lead him directly to the source. His spell had been keeping the foreign magic inside her at bay, but the magic was twisting and starting to grow very unstable. He needed to alleviate it, and quickly, otherwise she would start having more severe side-effects.
“Anything?” Anne whispered nervously.
“It was as I thought. The magic is twisting in on itself and is likely causing your pain. I can alleviate it.” He paused. “In the long run it would be best if we changed the magic to be active but-”
“No…” Anne shook her head. “I’m not… I’m not ready for that.”
Majnun resisted sighing sadly. “Ok.” He said with resignation. “Give me your hands, my heart. I will alleviate the discomfort you feel.”
“What are you going to do?” Anne asked nervously.
“I’m transferring the magical energy to me. It will not change that you have dormant magic sitting in you, but it will take the energy and give it to me to expend.” He paused and smiled softly at her. “You will probably feel tired from this. I’m sorry, my heart.”
They carefully rearranged themselves so that Anne’s hands rested delicately on top of Majnun’s, palm to palm. Majnun gripped her wrists tightly in his hands and began to draw the magic to him. Her eyes went wide for a moment before she started to feel the pull of sleep on her. She felt herself growing weaker and weaker until her eyes slowly closed and her wrists went limp in her husband’s grasp.

Anne woke slowly; her eyes lifting to the light of the mid-afternoon. Majnun sat exactly where she left him, however his eyes were closed as he meditated gently on the bed. She moved to sit up and his eyes flickered open, a gentle smile on his face. “How are you feeling, my heart?”

Anne recalled the events from earlier and embarrassment flooded her. “Like I’ve made a huge fool out of myself.” She frowned.
He shook his head, his smile growing brighter. “Need I remind you that you married the God of Fools?” His face grew more serious. “You should not worry, my heart. It was the twisted magic that was causing your strange feelings and it is not a reflection of you. Magic can be dangerous if it’s not tamed correctly.” He frowned slightly. “It is why I suffer from insanity.”
Anne scooted closer to him and pulled herself into his lap then. It had been a horrifying feeling knowing something was wrong but feeling like she was losing her mind all at once. How does he deal with it everyday? “I’m sorry I got so upset. It seems so silly now.”
“There is no need to apologize, my heart.” His face held the same warmth she had grown used to when looking into his eyes.
“Do you think the… dormant magic could have caused… well… prevented us… having a baby?” She looked at him with hope in her eyes.
“It’s possible, my heart. Anything is possible when magic is involved.”
She smiled at him brightly.
“It could have also caused those tremors you get.” He added gently.
Anne shook her head. “I hardly ever get those anymore.”
Majnun frowned, but she still got them sometimes. He decided it was best if he didn’t say anything. He got lucky today, but he didn’t imagine she would let the trend continue.
“Have you been down to check on Sheogorath yet today?”
“He’s downstairs poking around your nook, I can sense him.” Majnun smiled warmly at his wife - the woman who, without question, took his son in and has been raising him as her own.
“The nook?” She smiled at him. “I think I’ll go down to check on him, then.”

Majnun helped her stand, but she was doing much better than she was earlier. She leaned up and kissed his cheek softly. She prepared to leave when he grabbed her hand suddenly and held it close to his heart. “Anne.” He whispered her name softly and her big eyes turned onto him. “You are the only good thing in this world to me. It matters not if it takes you a year, or three, or ten, or never to ever have children with me. I do not need children with you to be happy. I just need you, my heart.” His fingertips brushed her jaw in the same way he did the first time he ever kissed her. “Never... Never,” he emphasized. “-forget that.”

Anne had begun to get dinner ready that night. Majnun had excused himself to do a quick artifact examination - or something of that sort. Anne hadn’t paid much attention to the little details, she was just happy to be feeling less weight on her shoulders. There wasn’t any more paranoia or uncertainty in her, just peace. She quietly walked through the foyer and into the living room, looking for Sheogorath, but not finding him. She frowned to herself, he had been awfully quiet since she found him reading in her nook earlier.
Perhaps he had fallen asleep? She smiled at the thought and quietly opened one of the doorways to her nook. She stopped suddenly when she heard the sound of Sheogorath sniffling. “Sheogorath? Is everything ok?” Anne felt herself filling with worry as she poked her head into the room and looked around. It took her a minute to peer through the arch to see little Sheogorath on the floor, desperately trying to pick something up.

His eyes turned onto her, tears running out of them, and he broke. “No!” He scrambled to gather broken pieces of glass into his hands. “No!” His voice broke and the tears came rushing forward.
“What are you doing, little one?” Anne rushed over to him and her eyes became wide when she saw him scrambling to grab the broken pieces of glass from a paint vial he had dropped. The glass had cut into his palms and he was bleeding. “Oh! Sheogorath! Stop!”
“I’m sorry! I’m sorry! I’m sorry!” The words rushed out of his mouth and he began to sob and tremble. “I’m so sorry! I’m sorry! I’m sorry!” He whimpered and gasped for air. He clenched his fists to try to hide some of the glass but only made his cuts worse.
Anne stooped down over him and pulled him up immediately. She worked open his fists. “Stop! Sheogorath, please! You’re going to hurt yourself!”
He kept repeating his chant through the tears. “I’m sorry! I’m sorry! I’m so sorry!” Anne began to pick the pieces of glass out of his hand, but he collapsed onto the ground and struggled to suck in a breath as he clutched his arms around himself. “I’m broken! I’m sorry! I’m broken… I’m broken…” He sucked in shaky breath after shaky breath. “I’m sorry! I’m sorry!” He rocked back and forth on his feet, his arms clutching his knees.
Anne stared at him with mild horror and sadness in her eyes. She didn’t know what to do as she looked around the room. She had to act immediately.

She bent down and picked Sheogorath up in her arms and carried him out of the room quickly. She sat down in one of the chairs in the living room and cradled the boy in her arms. He was still sobbing and mumbling with his broken breathing. “I’m… broken… I’m sorry… I’m broken… I’m sorry.”
Anne hushed him softly with tears forming in her own eyes from Sheogorath’s meltdown. Her heart broke at the thought of his pain. She tightened her grip around him with one arm and with the other she slowly worked on getting him to open his bloody hands. He reluctantly gave in one hand at a time and Anne began to slowly pull out the glass shards from his skin. She continuously hushed him, rocking back and forth slowly as she did so.
“I’m sorry! I’m sorry.” He whispered to her as tears ran down his face and into her dress. He squirmed in her arms but she held him steady.
The magic in the house shifted and Anne felt relief flood her as she could sense Majnun had come home. The house always came to life when he entered it. It didn’t take him long to sense the distress and he appeared, wide-eyed at the entrance to the living room. Anne gave him a sympathetic look.
“I’m sorry… I’m sorry…” Sheogorath was whispering to her now.
Majnun was right in front of her suddenly and he kneeled down at her feet. He took Sheogorath’s hand with his and beginning to remove the glass while Anne used her now-freed hand to soothe the boy. “What happened?” His eyes were colder and focused when they met hers. She could see the worry reflected in them.

“I think he might have knocked over one of the paint vials you gave me.” She whispered. “He was trying to clean it up when I found him and he panicked and tried hiding it by grabbing the glass harder with his hands.” Anne turned her gaze back to the boy who was squeezing his eyes shut and squirming against her grasp.
“Stay calm, Sheogorath.” Majnun mumbled as he gripped Sheogorath’s wrist tighter to prevent him from getting away. Sheogorath’s mind was lost on horrible memories, and he only pulled harder at the hands that gripped him.
Majnun closed his eyes to prevent the anger he felt from surfacing. His son was so far gone that he couldn’t even register physical harm and it was all because of his mother. He opened his eyes with determination and grabbed both of Sheogorath’s hands in his. Magic ran through him and the glass shards vanished from the boy’s hands and rained down onto the coffee table where the other shards had been placed.
Majnun ran his hand over Sheogorath’s palms, the heat from his magic closing the wounds and healing him quickly. He was angry. He was filled with rage, but he could not act upon it here. Not when his son was already falling apart from his previous experiences. He stood up suddenly and looked at Anne with the anger in his eyes. “I’ll be in the study.” He struggled to keep his voice level as he turned and vanished from the room suddenly.

Anne cradled Sheogorath in her arms and pulled him tighter to her. She had only seen her husband that angry once before, and that was when she told him about her old neighbor who locked her in the closet. Sheogorath couldn’t form words anymore as he laid in Anne’s arms. He gave up trying to fight. He trembled and waited for his punishment to come.
“I love you, my Sheogorath.” Anne whispered to him as she stroked his hair. “I love you.”
“Mo-Mo-Mo-Mother.” He cried and his little arms wrapped around her tightly as he whimpered. “I-I-I’m so-sorry!”
Anne closed her eyes slowly and shifted so that Sheogorath was resting his head on her chest. She rubbed his back gently. “I love you, Sheogorath.” She repeated to him. “I love you.”
The boy cried harder at her responses to him. “I-I-I made a mess!” He whispered, choking on his tears. “I’m… I’m broken!”
“You’re not broken my Sheo. I love you just as you are.” Anne responded back with a gentle voice.
“I’m sorry…” He whispered to her. He seemed to be more coherent than he was a few minutes prior as he spoke to her, and Anne felt herself relax a little.
“I love you, Sheogorath.” Anne repeated. “There’s no need to be sorry. Accidents happen. Messes happen - and that’s ok.”
The mention of it caused him to sob again and he clutched his hands around her. “I’m sorry!”
Anne squeezed him slightly and decided to repeat her own mantra in his ear. “I love you, Sheogorath.” She stroked his hair. “I love you.”
“I’m so… sorry, Mother.” He whimpered. “I… I made… I made a mess!”
Anne slowly pulled Sheogorath from his tight grip and looked into his big, red eyes. “I love you, my Sheo… my son.” She whispered to him.

“I-I-I love you.” He whispered back to her as he wiped his eyes. “I’m so sorry.”
Anne smiled at him and shook her head gently. “No, Sheogorath. There is no need to tell me you’re sorry.” She wiped his face with her fingers. “I’m sorry that I seemed upset with you, my Sheo. I was very worried for you. I didn’t want you to hurt yourself. Can I see your hands, please?”
Sheogorath sniffled and he slowly held out his palms to her. His hands shook slightly and he looked at her nervously.
Anne smiled at him sweetly and kissed the palms of his hands. “You should never touch broken glass like that, Sheogorath. It’s dangerous. It can hurt you.”
“I… I didn’t… I didn’t want to… make a mess.” He said quietly as he looked at her with sad eyes.
Anne looked at him seriously. “Your safety is far more important than any messes. Messes happen, my Sheo. We can clean any messes together.”
“I… I don’t want to make messes… I don’t…” He shook his head. “I don’t… I don’t want you… I don’t want you to be mad at me.”
Anne nodded sweetly. “I could never get mad at you, Sheogorath. I love you.”
Sheogorath was slowly calming down as he rested against the only true mother he had ever known. Thoughts of returning to his birth mother left him feeling overwhelmed and scared, but thoughts of Anne made him feel safe and calm. Mother loved him no matter what, and he would love her always. 

Destiny hovered over the Book of Fate and clenched her fists. The pages were turning and the writing was changing as it always did, but she grew more and more agitated as time went on. The Book had started rejecting her. She gritted her teeth and her face twitched slightly with the anger she felt. She had been temporary. A placeholder. The Book was trying to tell her that she was not the true Goddess of Fate. Another wave of anger ran through her and she held back screaming.
The heavy door opened and Destiny turned sharply, ready to let out her anger on the next person to step through the doorway, but the face of her son caught her off guard. There was once a point when she thought she would never be a parent, but here she stood with her adopted son gazing back at her.

Brad stared at the Book of Fate in awe, unaware of how it was planning to destroy his mother. "Mommy, what are you doing?"
Destiny managed a small smile. "Mommy is getting rid of a problem."
Brad tilted his head. "What problem?"
Destiny found herself getting quickly aggravated. "A big problem."
Brad walked over to the table, peeking at the book. "Can I help mommy?" He always had such curiosity about what his mother did all the time.
Destiny gritted her teeth and sighed. "Some very bad people are trying to kill mommy." It wasn't technically a lie, Destiny thought. They would eventually lead to her death, and she couldn’t have that.
Brad frowned at her then. "What? What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to get rid of them." Destiny smiled at her son.
Brad shook his head. "Mommy, you said to never kill people."
Did she? She could hardly remember anymore. Perhaps she had. "I was wrong, child." She laughed.
Brad stared at his mother with concern in his eyes. "This isn't you." His voice was soft, but honest.
Destiny turned her cold gaze to her son. "What did you just say?" Her voice had lost a lot of its gentleness.

Brad shook his head and sucked in his lips. He didn’t want to challenge his mother when she was upset. 
Destiny narrowed her eyes slightly. "You don't understand Brad, these people are trying to take away my power."
Brad stared at her with wide eyes. "Mommy, power isn't everything." He reached over to touch her but she took a step back.
Destiny spoke quietly. "Get out of my sight." She waved the boy away. It was all she could manage to do. She needed to turn her attention back to the Book.
Brad ran off, afraid of the woman that stood before him. The heavy door clanged shut behind him.
She turned back to the book and watched it with curiosity. She had been carefully guiding the “true” Goddess of Fate down a path of destruction. It wasn’t just enough to kill her, she wanted to hurt her for even existing.
Anne Trebo had always been a thorn in her side, ever since she was born. The Book liked her for some idiotic reason. It “chose” her. She was so timid, though. How could she ever become the Goddess of Fate if she feared power? Destiny smiled deviously, knowing full well she planted those fears. Her smile faded into a face of contempt. Why hadn’t Majnun backed down when she approached him a year ago? She could’ve taken Anne out without a single bit of fuss, but that stupid madman always stuck his nose where it didn’t belong! She thought she had been clever by marking her as a future High Priestess, but she hadn’t done it soon enough.
The God of Nature, Spinner, had warned her about Majnun. He told her that Majnun meddled in things - stuck his nose where it didn’t belong. She hadn’t taken his warning seriously but now she wished she had. Majnun up and fell in love with the woman she needed dead, and now her death would cause a war at the very least. She rubbed her temples and stared down at the Book. Slowly Anne’s future began to shift under her gaze and Destiny watched with a cold glare. A baby? The glare became a scowl. She reached over to grab her quill. She would scratch that happy memory from her as she had many times before. However, as she pressed the quill to the paper another idea struck her. A smile pulled slowly on her lips and she nodded. Yes, that would do perfectly.

Destiny wrote down the words meant to destroy Anne carefully. She laughed quietly to herself. Anne would never see the day she was meant to rise, even if it caused Destiny to die herself. Anne would have her happiness. Her house on the hill. Her bright colors. Her doting husband. It would not last much longer. Destiny found herself laughing with relief as she bent the Book to her will. This pregnancy would stick.
This pregnancy would kill her.

Majnun lay next to Anne in their bedroom. The long day had finally ended and he was left feeling emotionally and physically drained. He stared up at the ceiling in their bedroom before his eyes turned to his sleeping wife. She never ceased to amaze him with her love and strength. He never saw his life taking a turn this way, but now he couldn’t imagine his life without her in it. He couldn’t imagine himself without her.
He slowly turned to wrap himself around her. He needed a long night of meditation. He just needed her. He breathed in her hair and wrapped his arms around her, pulling her back towards his chest. He closed his eyes and began to level his breathing when he felt it.
His eyes came open wide and he adjusted his hand on her lower stomach.

Magic pressed back against him, radiating from her womb. Majnun felt his heartbeat grow louder as a wide grin pulled on his lips. He looked down at his sleeping wife - his Anne; his heart. She has wanted this for so long and he wasn’t sure he could wait until morning to tell her.
He kissed her shoulder a few times, but she only shifted slightly in her sleep. He grinned and bit his lip as his hand slowly slid upward until he entangled her fingers with his own. Just as slowly he brought his and her hand back down to her stomach where he placed her hand flat against what would eventually be where their child would grow.
His eyes never left her face and he watched her carefully now. Her eyelids fluttered slightly and she mumbled in her sleep. “Majnun… my sweet… no more magic.” Her voice was soft from sleep and Majnun only smiled wider.

He adjusted himself to be closer to her ear. “That’s not my magic, Anne.” He whispered, straining to keep the giddiness from knocking down his barriers that kept him sane.
Anne’s eyes came open wide suddenly and she turned her head quickly, her eyes locking onto his with questions in them. The grin on his face was enough to tell her everything.
She squealed and threw her arms around him. “It happened?! It happened!” Soft tears fell from her eyes as she clutched her stomach. She cried from the joy her life has brought her.
The Mad Hatter’s predictions were coming true.
Anne would have her baby boy, but her days were numbered.

Destiny Labelle and Brad Labelle are from mpart's wonderful Labelle storyline. Perhaps some of you may recognize her generation one spouse in the child of Destiny? Oh what tangled webs we weave. Mpart the creator of both Destiny and Brad, and she did all of their dialogue and portion of this chapter.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #922 on: June 17, 2016, 10:45:39 AM »
Wow.  It's strange that I was thinking to myself how Anne and Manjun's part of the story had run so much longer than others in this legacy and I was wondering when the focus would shift again (not because I'm bored with them, of course, but just because that's how legacies go) and we end with her days being numbered.  Wow.
This also fills in some of that question of why Sheo seems quite so broken in the snippet we saw of him with Saoirse/Mania.  He apparently isn't going to have enough time with Anne for her to glue his broken pieces back together.
Ugh, all the feels!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #923 on: June 17, 2016, 11:08:01 AM »
What a deeply sad chapter!
And for your reference, it didn't feel "off" (your word) at all.

And now we have two emotionally little boys instead of just Sheo, who's story is just heart-breaking.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #924 on: June 17, 2016, 10:59:02 PM »
Wow.  It's strange that I was thinking to myself how Anne and Manjun's part of the story had run so much longer than others in this legacy and I was wondering when the focus would shift again (not because I'm bored with them, of course, but just because that's how legacies go) and we end with her days being numbered.  Wow.
This also fills in some of that question of why Sheo seems quite so broken in the snippet we saw of him with Saoirse/Mania.  He apparently isn't going to have enough time with Anne for her to glue his broken pieces back together.
Ugh, all the feels!
Yes! I made someone feel things! The winnaarrrr is meeee! Heh. I'm glad that I was able to move someone! That's my ultimate goal when writing is to accurately reflect the feelings of my characters and hopefully have the readers feel it too.
You know, I've been a little self-conscious about the fact that this storyline is taking up a very long time. I'm glad people are enjoying it as much as I am, but my hope is that my following generations will be similar in length and storytelling. I feel bad that the first generations were so short, but I finally figured out the plot! (It only took me 5 and 1/2 generations!) ::)
Sheogorath has become one of my favorite characters. His development really surprised me. I never intended his storyline to be so interconnected or so dark, but when my story was writing itself through me it just kind of happened. Now I'm in the works of giving him a real happy ending - so I hope people don't mind that he's not necessarily a "Reaper" but he is a special character to me now.

What a deeply sad chapter!
And for your reference, it didn't feel "off" (your word) at all.

And now we have two emotionally little boys instead of just Sheo, who's story is just heart-breaking.
Thank you so much! I know I've had quite a few rather sad chapters in a row, but hopefully we'll be seeing some more joy and other emotions soon enough.
Thank you for soothing my anxiety about that. I just started up school (a week late, whoops) and I've been a wee... tiny... little bit stressed. My grandmother is in the hospital and so is my Father-in-Law. I found out just the other day that school started a week sooner than I expected so I'm over a week behind in my summer classes (which equates to 3 papers and a discussion board and a couple quizzes). I have a washer and dryer sitting in my living room because of madness that came from attempting to buy a new washer/dryer set and then the gas line night being right and... ugh.
Do-do-do. Don't mind me. =) Writing keeps me sane. It's the only thing keeping me sane.
Hopefully I'll be able to give Sheogorath a happy ending. ;D

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
Re: Reaper's Genetic Legacy Experiment: The Rise of Death
« Reply #925 on: June 19, 2016, 10:19:25 PM »
READ THIS FIRST!:
Disclaimer: This next chapter is back in the present day with Majnun, Eveline, Jupiter and the gang - only it's from the perspective of everyone's favorite character, Majnun (shh, I know you all love him, don't try to deny it). As you're all aware, @mpart and I are in a full collaboration, so my characters have been (and will be) over there and hers have been (and will be) over here. This chapter is an extension of our collaboration that we are releasing within the same time-frame of each other.
Out of her Labelles, mpart's Perfect Genetic's challenge revolves around Fate, the Goddess of Fate, torturing her 10 generations and stealing their power to grow more powerful. She'll be coming into play A LOT in the future with Majnun and I really hope I can keep confusion to a minimum throughout this transition. Now, Fate (the Goddess of Fate) and Thanatos (the very first God of Death) ended up having Megan (Tragedy). Megan's lineage is the one being followed in her Perfect Genetics. From this Perfect Genetics came a girl by the name of Maleficent around generation 4. Maleficent was destined to replace Thanatos (in the same way that we just learned in the last past chapter that Anne was supposed to replace Destiny) as the true Goddess of Death. Thanatos stepped down willingly when Maleficent became of age and she rose into power. Now, she is going in to face her Initiation Ritual - the Trial by Gods.
We're about to meet all of the pantheon, minus one. There are 15 gods in total in the Pantheon, plus the three Sisters of Time for a grand total of 18. All of the gods will be there (as I said, minus one though) and after I get this chapter up I'll post pictures of all the gods just for those curious about them/confused by who is who.
This chapter was something mpart and I did a "back-and-forth" method of writing on. mpart wrote Maleficent, Fate and Calypso, and I maintained the rest of the gods and Time.
As this chapter is a bit deep - please let me know if any of this is confusing or unclear; there will be some references to Maleficent's past. Thank you so much! I hope you enjoy reading this as much as we did writing it!
Find Maleficent's version of it HERE!
-Livvielove & mpart

The Rise of Death: Part One
Majnun's Realm: Present Day
Mania tilted her head and sighed while looking at her nails in boredom. “Yes, I did just as you asked. Probably more. I usually do.” She tilted her eyes up slightly and grinned at her master.
Majnun chuckled darkly as his head rolled back and he stared at the ceiling. “You never cease to annoy me.” His voice was low and gravelly, but he looked at her then with insanity swimming in his eyes as his voice got higher. “Tell me, what did my darling granddaughter say to you?” He knew Fate was on a downhill spiral, but rumors of her going after Eveline were actually new to him. Of course, then that pesky spirit, Olivia, found out and has been nagging at him ever since. She was worse than Mania… and you don’t get much worse than that. He resisted smiling at the thought, all the while ignoring Mania’s incessant talking. He held up his hand. “Slow down, pumpernickel.” He put his finger in his ear and threw his feet up on the table.
Mania rolled her eyes and shifted her weight to put her hand on her hip with annoyance. “Talking too fast for you, old man?” She sassed.
He rolled his eyes back at her and grumbled under his breath. “Blah, blah. Sometimes I wish you and my son hadn’t split - then you could be talking his ear off instead of mine.”
Mania soured then and glared at him. “We’re working, master.” She said through gritted teeth. “I’m not going to talk about my love life while I’m working.”
He sighed and waved his hand in front of him. “So, you got in to speak to the Goddess Fate, herself; you told her that grandpa Majnun was aware of her silly plan to kill Eveline for power and that he wouldn’t be afraid of cutting off her pretty head after he declared war and destroyed everything she had... then what?”

“Well, I got halfway through delivering your warning when Tragedy, Fate’s daughter with Thanatos, interrupted.” Mania sighed. “Fate tortured her after I left because the girl kindly outed her mother for planning to kill Eveline, which was not news to me nor you - but I think she was trying to be helpful.” She shrugged loosely and snapped her fingers, paperwork floating in front of her then. “Either that or she was more afraid of you than Fate, which is wise of her.” She flipped through a few pages of her notes and pursed her lips. “I delivered Fate several solid warnings about Eveline. I kept them fairly vague so you can push them any way you’d like to - I believe my exact wording was ‘if Eveline is even remotely put in harm’s way’ blah, blah, blah - ‘you will pay for it in blood.’” She sighed. “I ended the conversation with a solid, ‘you’ve been warned.’” Her voice sunk down low and her eyes narrowed humorously as she wiggled her fingers.
Majnun laughed a solid, harsh laugh. “Did you at least change the colors of the drapes while you were there? Or maybe insult her lamp first?” He looked her over and shook his head. “Of course not. Why do I trust you with any of this anyways?!” He put his hands on the table harshly but his eyes were warm and appreciative.
“Well, if you don’t like it, do it yourself, old man.” She threw the paperwork at him in mock upset and crossed her arms.
The paperwork caught fire and turned to ash that was blown away with a slight breeze before it would have landed. Majnun rested his chin on his palm and tapped his fingers against his cheek. He pursed his lips slightly and eyed Mania. “How did Fate seem to you?”
Mania shifted her weight to her other foot and she chuckled softly. “Fate? Oh, she’s off her rocker.” She giggled. “And not in your way, old man. She’s lost it. If I didn’t know any better I’d say it was a power addiction.” Mania straightened her dress slightly with a sigh. “Perhaps it is, for all we know. She’s obsessed.”

“The Book of Fate seems to have eaten her alive.” Majnun’s eyes were staring at the wall as he spoke levelly. “Are you prepared for the worst?” His eyes slowly looked up to meet Mania’s again.
Mania gave him a cocky smile. “Am I prepared for the worst?” She rolled her eyes and started listing things off, raising a finger for each thing. “I’ve been scoping out her High Priestess, Adreanna, as our first target, a clean cut and we’ll leave a nice present for Fate right on top of that pretty book of hers. Once that’s out of the way, we’ll take a stab at her heirs. Currently Gwen Labelle is in Bridgeport with three of her children, and Solstice Labelle is in a Laboratory in Dragon Valley which Deliro is supposed to be watching but he hasn’t reported in yet, I’ll give him until tomorrow to do so before I do it myself.” Mania looked up at the ceiling. “Fate’s been using Tragedy’s lineage to help her gain more power by siphoning off the power from each of Tragedy’s heirs... so the sooner we get our hands on her current heir the sooner we’ll have her in a chokehold.”
Majnun raised his eyebrows, impressed. “Someone’s done her homework.”
Mania pursed her lips and gave him a look, “and your homework too - I’m not even finished yet! “I’ve been doing some digging into Gwen Labelle and Fate’s got her hands all over her. I’ll need to dig some more though. I think she wants to make Gwen a priestess but I’m not entirely sure she’ll make it that far.” She paused and continued counting on her fingers. “I’ll keep your dopey, idiot son here to watch his daughter - assuming he can even manage that. He can’t seem to tie his own shoes lately. You know he was here looking for you, right? He was tearing this place apart - I had just gotten it exactly as disorderly as I wanted it, the prick.” She bit her cheek with impatience. “Could you please just go and set that idiot straight? He’s annoying everyone!
Majnun pinched the bridge of his nose. “It’s on my to-do list.”
“Can it be moved up a bit?”
“Not until Eveline is safe.” Majnun was stern. “I will not let the other gods think they can step in and interfere with what is mine.” His voice was venomous. “What else?”

“I’ll send your pet spirit,” Mania mocked, “to go do her… protection… thingy… with Liam and Clarissa. She’ll likely go without much fuss.”
Majnun laughed again. “You clearly do not deal with her enough. There is no such thing as ‘without much fuss’ in her mind.”
Mania nodded slightly while she looked off in the distance. “I suppose that is true. Do you-” She was cut off suddenly by a bell appearing over Majnun’s shoulder. It rang obnoxiously and floated around his head.

He sighed with irritation and shooed the bell away.
Mania smirked, “that late for a meeting?”
“I never arrive on time. Except for when I do.” He grumbled. “Can’t let them think I’ve become predictable.” He stared down at his watchless-wrist. “I suppose I should gather the guest of honor before the bells drive her insane.” He paused. “-er. Insaner.” He added.
Mania’s face held a look of confusion. “What would you have me do about Fate, master?”
Majnun waved his hands and made a noise of annoyance. “Do you truly not know?”
“You take pride in me not knowing things about you.” She rolled her eyes and mocked: “‘I’d hate to become predictable.’”
Majnun stood and tapped his fingers on the desk, his mind looked focused. He turned his cold, calculating gaze onto Mania. “When the time is right, send Sheogorath to collect Gwen and her family. He is to tear apart her mind and rebuild it. Send Olivia to Clarissa - she’s not yet strong enough to hold off mortals, let alone a raging goddess. Split the boys accordingly. Destroy the Lab in Dragon Valley. Protect the Swallow - above ALL else, protect my Eveline.” He turned and opened a portal. “After you’ve ensured all of that is taken care of - leave a lovely gift for Fate.” His eyes narrowed. “If it’s a war she wants, then a war she’ll get.”
Mania nodded, fire in her eyes. “When will the time be right?”
Majnun took a step towards the portal. “When time isn’t right at all.”
Mania’s eyes went wide, “you can’t be serious about that…” She whispered with disbelief. “Master… wait!”
“I’ll see you after the party, Mania.”
She grew resigned and sighed. “Wish Maleficent luck for me.”
He nodded and vanished into the depths of his portal.

Maleficent Labelle. A name that wasn’t spoken much among the company he had been keeping, but the name was whispered often amongst the world. The great, great granddaughter of Fate Niccoli, the Goddess of Fate; a girl who was once enslaved by the very same Fate. Her father, Christian, died because of her power. Her mother abandoned her. She raised a man from the dead to help raise her and in doing so, lost a piece of her sanity. Majnun had been watching her carefully as she grew - he sensed the power she would hold as everyone else did.
Once upon a time, there wasn’t a God of Death; Majnun rolled his shoulders as he walked the in-between. There once wasn’t a God of Death and Majnun was stuck doing all the dirty work that a God of Death would need to do. He grimaced at the thought of the long, boring trials and the paperwork - by the Essence the paperwork was brutal. Thanatos Niccoli was the very first God of Death, but he was not a true God of Death.
Godhood was a finicky thing. It was passed from one person to the next, as there could never be no god of something for long periods of time. Instead there were placeholders. They were never as powerful as those who were meant to be gods, but they served a place and functioned as that god until the rightful god came along to replace them. Maleficent was the rightful Goddess of Death. Thanatos stepped down without a fight - the first time in over two-thousand years that’s happened - if it’s ever happened before. Now it was time for Maleficent to rise and greet her fellow gods. The initial godhood ritual was rather brutal, but it was required: she would face the other gods ridicule, and then she would face the Sisters of Time’s scrutiny. It wasn’t an easy task, and how she acted that day would determine her standing with the other gods - her enemies, her allies… her future.
Majnun stepped through another portal and entered the newly built Realm of Death. Maleficent’s study was stacked with paperwork and clutter. It was surprisingly homey for Majnun. He frowned however as the bell that sat above Maleficent’s head was ringing incessantly.
Maleficent peered up at him, looking worse for the wear, and suddenly she chucked something at him. “I don’t have time for you right now! Go away! I’m working!” Majnun let the pen bounce off of him and he grinned deviously at her. She thought he was a hallucination. How long has she been in here?
“Tick-tock, Death Flower. You’re late for your own party.” He leaned against the wall and looked at her with his arms folded.
She stared at him with narrowed eyes as she tried to figure out who he even was. Majnun almost felt insulted that his presence wasn’t obvious enough, but he did need to remind himself that the poor girl probably hadn’t seen the sunlight in a few days, and that the past several hours have likely been filled with the ringing bell - the reminder for all gods that there’s a meeting being held. It was obnoxious on the best of days. "Who's funeral are we attending, oh wise voice in my head?" Clarity came into her eyes then. "What is with the bell, Majnun?" Her voice held minor irritation.
Majnun grinned then and snapped his finger, causing the bell to vanish. “Welcome to godhood. Those bells are your personal nuisance to remind you that you’re a god. Congratulations.” He grumbled then. “I really hate those stupid things. They drive everyone insane. That’s my job.”
“Ah.” Maleficent’s eyes reflected a small hint of fear and recognition now. That was the look Majnun was used to seeing. “Sorry about that, Majnun. It appears being here for a few hours with the paperwork has-” She paused, digging in her head to find the words she wanted. “-made me question things in general.” She grinned at him then. “Is there cake at this funeral?”
Majnun laughed harshly. “I wish there were cake. This will be the most boring funeral you’ll ever go to, Death Flower. It’s your own.” He gave her a wily grin. “Are you ready to meet the rest of the nuisances - er I mean, gods?” He already had a headache and the night hadn’t even begun yet. 
She laughed harshly. “I thought they would dump my body somewhere first?” She gave a slight shrug as she sat. “Oh well. If I can get past my own funeral I’m getting cake.” She closed her eyes momentarily and sighed. “Let’s get this funeral with the Agon-other gods-over with.” Her eyes traveled down to the vial on her desk, one she likely received as a ‘welcome’ gift from Fate. Nothing says ‘welcome to godhood’ like ‘I just killed someone dear to you.’
Majnun’s face grew serious and he actually felt the need to say something to her. Normally he took great delight in other’s discomfort, but something about Maleficent touched him. Perhaps it’s because she is the same age he was when he rose? Perhaps it’s because she has purple hair? He wasn’t about to question his own mind.
No. He should do that, but that would make too much sense.
“Fate sent you a welcome present already?” His voice was dark and he chuckled without amusement. “I am going to do you a service, Death Flower. Do not ask me why, for I do not know why I care as much as I do - but there is a rumor that Fate’s about to learn a very difficult lesson in how to behave to those more powerful than she.” His eyes were menacing, though the anger was not aimed at Maleficent. “If I were you, I would stay out of that fray.” His voice held a warning.
She gazed at him with a brief moment of understanding before her eyes went back to the vial that once held the poison that killed her friend. “I’m done being stuck in her messes.”
Majnun nodded and summoned a portal. “Do not count your horseshoes before they sprout.”
She sighed again. “Of course.” She could sense the same thing Majnun did - this war was going to drag everyone down. It was a foreboding dread that sat amongst those who hoped to avoid the fray. This wasn’t just any war - this was going to be a real War of the Gods - and it would likely drag down many innocent victims.

They stepped through the portal and into the blindingly white room that Majnun was, unfortunately, too familiar with. He frowned harshly into the brightness, and Agonin gave him a steady look from the table. “You shouldn’t have volunteered to bring Maleficent to her first ritual if you were planning on arriving late, Majnun.” He scoffed.
Majnun rolled his eyes and mocked him with his hands. “She’s here, isn’t she? I did my part.”
The gods all turned and eyed Maleficent then - a quiet that fell upon the room as the spotlight hit the young goddess. Majnun walked up beside her and motioned for her to follow him. He sat down at an empty chair a space away from Agonin, and his eyes gestured for her to take the seat in between them. He would not protect her from the verbal wrath of the gods, but he could at the very least create a physical barrier.

Agonin and Majnun were very familiar with the way of the gods - and they were both considered some of the oldest members of the pantheon. The children that sat at the pantheon these days often caused Agonin and Majnun to actually agree on some things, which is how Majnun knew something was wrong with the world. Maleficent would’ve done well in the old pantheon - when petty squabbles were kept to a minimum. Now it seemed everyone were acting as bratty teenagers, making idiotic decisions and starting trouble with anyone who put up with them.
Malice, the God of the Night, leaned across the table first and stared at Maleficent with humor and coldness in his eyes - a strange combination. He grinned widely to show off his fangs more than a gesture of friendliness. “Well, well. Look what the clown drug in - you’re a little young, aren’t you lass?” His eyes narrowed. “And you’re one of my own blood! How marvelous.” His tongue ran over his fangs and Majnun rolled his eyes with annoyance. Yes. This would be a very long night.

Adessa, the Goddess of Betrayal, who sat next to Malice leaned forward and giggled with glee. “Fresh blood! Oh it’s been so, very long since we’ve had someone new here.” She pursed her lips sweetly. “I’m Adessa, darling.” Her hand reached under the table and after it came out a bright pink, poison apple appeared in it. She rolled it across the table at Maleficent. A direct insult, considering the poison apple was the symbol of Maleficent who was enslaved by Fate. The fun had already begun, it seemed.

Maleficent stared at the apple, unamused. Majnun watched, wondering if she might break so quickly. The girl picked up the apple and smiled wickedly. “This apple seems to be only roughly a century old, Adessa.” The apple decayed in her hands to dust, and Majnun chuckled. She wasn’t breaking, she was waiting. He leaned back at the table. This would be great fun, indeed.
“Welcome to the pantheon, Death Flower.” Majnun sighed and stretched before putting his feet on the table.
Agonin scowled at him. “Majnun. Feet… off!”
Majnun rubbed the bottoms of his shoes on the table. “Does it bother you, oh austere one?” He grinned and looked around the room. “You all are a bunch of party poopers. Where are your manners? Are you going to make me do all the work?” He shrugged and didn’t wait for anyone to respond. “Fine, fine. That lovely -” He coughed and slyly added, “petulant child,” he chuckled and straightened, “lady is our Adessa, the Goddess of Betrayal. The corpse next to her is bat-boy. Hello, bat-boy.” He waved at Malice patronizingly. “Oh, and the one with the stick up his bum next to you is Agonin.”
Agonin pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed loudly. “Majnun, I think that’s enough for now, thanks.” He stared at Majnun who shrugged. Agonin took in a breath and gestured to the table. “It is a pleasure to finally meet you in person, Maleficent.” His voice was cordial, as was normal for him. Majnun gagged dramatically as he spoke. “I am the God of Order.” 
Maleficent was growing more confident. “It is very interesting to finally meet you in person, Agonin.” She responded levelly. Her eyes drifted down the table to Calypso, the Goddess of the Sea and the familiar face to her - Fate, the Goddess of Fate.

Fate took in a breath, not meeting Majnun’s level glare in favor of Maleficent. “It is such a shame to see you here, Maleficent. I was hoping you would live a little longer to see your family die.”
Majnun sighed and gave Maleficent a stare that expressed his annoyance before rolling his eyes goofily. “Granddaughter. You did not introduce yourself to your family member. Rude.” He pointed at the empty chair next to her with an insane grin. “Maleficent, that is Fate, the Goddess of Fate. She seems to have left her manners in the same place with her common sense.” He paused and began pointing at people from across the way. “The doe-eyed serpent is Calypso, the Goddess of the Sea. Aren’t we all just a lively bunch today.” He scowled.

Fate’s eyes had grown somewhat determined at the insult. “It appears that the girl is too weak to fight her own battles.”
Majnun’s hand hit the table harshly. “It appears a little child is pretending she can play ball with the big boys.” He glared at Fate then. “What? You’ll sneak around pretending to be a big-shot but you can’t seem to keep it up when insanity is looking you in the eyes? If you think Maleficent is weak, then what does that make you?” He clenched his fists, his glare could set something on fire right now, and he focused it entirely on Fate. He would make her squirm. She may not heed Mania’s warning, but she will heed his now.
A man who had been resting his head on the table shook awake and glared at Majnun. “Keep it down, pops. No need to yell.” He grumbled, still hungover from the night before.

Agonin leaned over to Maleficent and whispered to her, “that’s Vinyx, the God of Debauchery - he… is very rarely conscious for these things.”
Majnun gritted his teeth, his glare still on Fate, waiting to see if she would still challenge him.
Fate leaned back in her chair and sighed, pretending to be bored. Majnun shook his head. She received his message loud and clear. He looked around to see if anyone else would challenge him and was met with silence. He rolled his neck and sat back in his chair.
He was getting older, but he could still put down just about everyone in this room in a heartbeat if he had to. Why did they have to test his patience? He was running especially thin as of late. Majnun idly twisted the ring around his finger - perhaps there was a light at the end of this tunnel? He couldn’t see it yet, but he knew it was there.

Agonin cleared his throat and motioned across the way to the the man and woman who were standing. “Here, Maleficent, those two are Carule and Eravaeral. The Gods of Love. Carule is the God of Marriage and Commitment, and Eravaeral is the Goddess of Lust and Beauty.” He spoke with a level voice, trying to pass the silence. Chatter slowly picked up among the gods with the tension between Fate and Majnun now diffused.
Carule nodded his head slightly, his eyes lingering on Maleficent. “You will be lucky in love in your future.” His voice was very warm and welcoming. He hummed with thought as he stared at her. “You’ll have a successful marriage to a loyal husband. Not too shabby.” He laughed with beautiful laughter.

Maleficent’s eyes went big momentarily before she burst out laughing loudly at the thought.
Majnun soured at the thought of marriage and he continued twisting his ring. He was heartless now. He did not care for such trivial things. His gaze coldly turned towards the woman who now crossed to the table, laying out on it and making eyes at Maleficent. Eravaeral flirted with anything that breathed. “My, my… what a beautiful girl. I love beautiful things.” She purred as she rolled around on the table. “It’s so nice to have such young… beautiful… people at the table now.”
Agonin frowned. “Eravaeral. Off. The. Table.”
Majnun chuckled and gave Agonin a bewildered look that was reflected in Agonin’s face as well.

Eravaeral harrumphed and rolled her eyes before slinking back over to hang off of Carule affectionately.
“It’s nice to meet you two?” Maleficent was trying not to laugh. She thought Carule’s prediction was a joke. It wasn’t.
He had predicted Anne. Majnun had laughed too. Carule had told him he would bend to the will of a mortal girl and Majnun had thought it hilarious.
He never stood a chance, and looking back on it he would bend again and again. He would’ve done anything to keep her. He clenched his fingers around his wedding ring. Anything.
Agonin cleared his throat and gave Majnun a confused look. Majnun sat up then, realizing his quiet nature would get him looks if he wasn’t careful. He needed to cause a scene to shake everyone off of him. He flicked his wrist and the woman who was reading casually from a book had her book yanked away from under her, causing the book to slam into Vinyx who had tried to go back to sleep. “Majnun!” Irena scolded him and he chuckled. The Goddess of Knowledge hated her books being touched.
Vinyx also shot awake and glared at Irena, “Was that really necessary?!” He grumbled.
“Maleficent, you’ve met Vinyx, and that’s Irena, the Goddess of Knowledge. Don’t mind her, she’s always catty when it comes to her books.” Majnun said after taking in a breath.

Irena scowled at him and then eyed Maleficent skeptically. “Hybrid - Vampire and Magical Source. Meh, I suppose it’s nothing special after Thanatos, but I wonder if this will be a common occurrence. I’ll need to do some research on it.” She hastily grabbed her book back from in front of Vinyx, giving Majnun one last glare before she disappeared back into her book.
Across the way, a quiet man in all white was waving at Irena, trying to get her attention. When her nose went back into her book he changed color to blue and looked at the table defeatedly. Majnun chuckled and leaned over to Maleficent. “That’s Taelagor - God of Elements. He’s been obsessed with Irena ever since Carule told him he’d love a bookworm.” He grinned at her deviously, doing his best to push away all the emotions he felt.
Maleficent looked around before smiling warmly at Taelagor. “The God of Elements?” She laughed lightly. “Have you ever met Mercy, Taelagor?” Mercy Labelle was her grandmother, and apparently she was very apt with fire.
Majnun felt the need to lean over and clear his throat awkwardly. “Death Flower… Taelagor does not have a voice. He cannot speak to you normally.”

Taelagor turned from blue to red as he passed fire between his fingers. He pointed two fingers at her and sparks flew out. He gave her a grin either way and shrugged loosely. With that he focused his gaze on her, likely speaking to Maleficent in her mind. After a moment he stretched and gave her a thumbs up before his color returned to white and he moved to stare longer at Irena.
“Of course she would. Thanks Taelagor.” Maleficent seemed to ease slightly then and the chatter continued in the room.
Majnun nudged her with his arm, and pointed to the man tending to a plant further down the table. “That’s Spinner, God of Nature.”
Spinner, hearing his name being called, glowered at him slightly before returning his gaze to what he had been working on.
Majnun moved and pointed to the distant looking woman next to Spinner. “That’s Sanja, the Goddess of Dreams.”

Sanja turned and looked at her then, there was always something upsetting about how distant her eyes seemed. “Hello.” Her voice sounded hollow as she spoke. Sanja snapped her fingers and a strange mirror appeared in front of Maleficent.
Majnun grumbled and glared at her, he knew this party trick. The mirror would show Maleficent her worst nightmare. Petty children, Majnun thought.
Maleficent seemed unamused as well, and she looked at the mirror in boredom. She shoved it away and it vanished before her eyes turned back to Majnun.
“And that’s the pantheon… the only ones left are-” He paused as he could feel the room start trembling.
The whole room grew eerily silent as everyone stopped what they were doing. Maleficent looked at him with big eyes. “Time?”
Majnun turned and looked at her sternly, all insanity was gone from his eyes. “Yvaine. Trenadira. Jyri.” He whispered their names as his eyes scanned the room then. “Past, present, and future. The Sisters of Time. They wish to see what you’re made of, Death Flower.” The room rumbled once again and Majnun took in a deep breath, he leaned closer to Maleficent’s ear. “If there is anyone here that you should fear - it is them.”
Maleficent took in a deep breath as well and let it out slowly. “Where do I go?”

As if the room responded to her question, the metal doors to the back room swung open. Majnun eyed it carefully and looked back to her, giving her a nod. Maleficent moved to stand and Majnun grabbed her wrist, looking at her firmly. “Good luck.” He said levelly. He used his hand on her wrist as a connection point to enter into her head. “The gods will be merciless when you step out of that room. Keep your chin up, you will not fall.” He let go of her wrist and laughed mercilessly, pretending he had done something to her mind. Maleficent played along and snatched her wrist back before starting her long walk towards the now open doors.
Agonin gave Maleficent a curt nod, seeming as level as he usually did.
Carule and Eravaeral gave her glances of pity.
Adessa was smiling deviously, her eyes looking her up and down. A throaty giggle came from her and she shook with glee. Malice was reclining back in his seat and his predatory eyes followed Maleficent as she walked.
Spinner grinned deviously before drawing his hand across his throat, pretending it was her throat being slit and playing dead as children would do to threaten someone.
Sanja didn’t even bother to look at her, her distant eyes focused forward.
Vinyx didn’t raise his head, but he gave her a thumbs down as his face rested against his arms. Irena looked at her and shook her head with annoyance before turning back to her book. Taelagor gave her a gentle smile, but there was concern and doubt hidden behind it.
Calypso laughed and Fate gave Maleficent a cruel stare. “I always love hearing them scream. Try not to make a mess.” She taunted.
Maleficent didn’t flinch, and instead she walked with her chin held high into her the room of her judgment. The doors slammed shut behind her and the room grew mostly quiet, save for minor chatter.

Majnun kept his head down. It had been 2100 years, give or take, since he’s stepped into that room and passed his own initiation. The Pantheon had been nothing compared to his test with Time. The Sisters of Time were formless. They would enter the room and take over her body - sucking her energy and magic like a parasite while they examined every nook and cranny in her. She would have no idea they were there. Most people didn’t. Majnun had been the first to figure it out. They asked him to demonstrate his power and he refused. He didn’t ask for this job. He didn’t want godhood. He wanted death, like the rest of his family.
He remembered his initiation clearly. He sat down in the center of the room and refused to do anything for them. He could still hear their eerie voice in his head. Finreth. Glebaal. Majnun. Keeper. Source. Magic. Insanity. Prove your worth and keep your life. They hadn’t been able to finish. Majnun had told them ‘no thanks.’ He had sat on the floor and crossed his arms and told them he wasn’t going to do anything and they could bugger off for all he cared. He had enough voices in his head, and he didn’t need them wrecking all the delicate barriers he set up.
Then he shoved them out of his head.
Apparently it isn’t easy to do that. He hadn’t thought much of it. It had been unheard of. He shoved them out of his head and in doing so, he demonstrated his power. He was always strongest with his magical barriers - his wards.

Majnun took in a breath and directed his gaze towards Fate. He glared her down but she mostly avoided his eyes. “Agonin.” His voice came out low and deep. He slowly yanked his gaze off of his granddaughter and turned to face his old friend.
“Majnun.” His voice was a level reply.
“I have a need to discuss something with you once this is over.” Majnun looked at his nails then and sighed.
“I believe we both have things to discuss.” Agonin nodded. “Afterwards.”
“Afterwards.” Majnun agreed.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #926 on: June 19, 2016, 10:20:30 PM »
The Rise of Death: Part Two
Realm of Time: Present Day
After nearly an hour the door swung open once again. Maleficent had made it out alive. She walked normally, seeming unfazed but he could tell she was a little worn. Fate began summoning poison apples and tossing them at her one after another. Maleficent sidestepped out of the way and watched the pink fruits smash into the ground. “Always a servant in the end.” Fate gave her a dark smile.
Maleficent seemed a bit perturbed, but she eventually looked away with boredom. “I’ve heard this insult before. Next.”
Majnun grinned. She would do just fine.
Irena was the next to speak, which Majnun found amusing. “You’re just a child. You’re powerful, but just a child. It’ll only be a matter of time until you break.” Her gaze was cold and unwavering. “Thanatos was exceptionally intelligent; you are not. You may be the true Goddess of Death, but you will crumble under the weight.”
Vinyx chuckled and shook his head, “don’t mind her, baby. Come over later and we can celebrate with a drink - what are you drinking, a virgin tonic?” He grinned widely.

Eravaeral laughed seductively. “She’s barely legal. Where’s your mommy and daddy, little one? You look exhausted!” She tapped her chest. “You can take a nap on me, baby girl!”
Malice shook his head. “Do not patronize one of my daughters.” He spoke with fake concern in his voice. “It’s clear she bends to the will of the important people in this room.” His eyes locked onto Fate and he gave her a wicked smile. “She’s nothing but a loyal servant.” He echoed.

Maleficent remained silent as she took everything in and Majnun felt a twinge of pride. It seems his Death Flower figured out the game already.
Majnun leaned forward on a hand and raised his eyebrow. “Bah, she doesn’t belong to you. She belongs to me.” He summoned an apple, red and ripe and twisted it in his hands. “As anyone does who’s lost their mind.” He chuckled darkly.

Spinner rolled his eyes, “oh great, that’s just what we need. Majnun nearly ran the Land of the Dead into the ground with his madness, and she’s just like him.
“Darn straight.” Majnun grinned as he bit into the apple and stared at Maleficent with teasing in his eyes. He winked before throwing his half-eaten apple at her, deliberately missing and nailing Eravaeral in the side. She glared at him and he shrugged. “What? Everyone else was throwing apples. I just wanted to get involved.”
Adessa pursed her lips and shook her head, “the old man is being soft on her. Looks like Maleficent’s a daddy’s girl.”

Malice chuckled darkly, “of course she was. She was the one who ended her dear daddy’s life, right daughter?”
Adessa laughed with glee and clapped. “How wonderful! There’s hope for her yet! Tell me, darling, was it fun knowing watching your father slowly die all while knowing it was all your fault?” She faked a frown. “Poor baby. Mummy abandoned you after that.” She laughed loudly. “Oh, but your darling Fate took care of you, didn’t she?” Her eyes met with Fates as she grinned wickedly. “That’s where your loyalties are, right, darling?” She pulled a poison apple out of the air again and she spun it as she tossed it in the air and caught it again. “Oh my! Fate looks parched - positively parched! You’re a servant, right? Fetch her something to drink, pup.” 
Maleficent again was quiet as she took in the insults that came at her. She looked Majnun’s way but did nothing unusual before looking elsewhere and tapping her fingers against the table impatiently.
Irena eyed her levelly, intrigued by her silence. Majnun knew when respect was earned and that was definitely a look of minor respect. Keep going, Death Flower. He whispered in her head.

Sanja turned her distant gaze on Maleficent then. “Someone is avoiding the things that make her uncomfortable. Perhaps we should make your dad’s nightmares a reality.” Her distant gaze moved to Malice then.
Malice chuckled darkly and looked at his nails with a sigh. “Oh Sanja, you’re so dark, my dear… I love it.” He gave Maleficent a twisted look. “It would only take a snap of my fingers to order your father to kill your mother. How does that sound darling? Get back at dear-old-mom for abandoning you?”
Adessa’s laughter echoed off the walls eerily. “Do it, Malice! Do it!”
Maleficent tuned them out and focused forward.

Calypso chimed in then, laughing as she did. “If I remember right, you were nearly killed by a siren - isn’t that right? Didn’t you have that wretched scar from when she tried to have you claw your own eyes out?” She smiled then at Maleficent. “The people you consider family are still trying to kill you and all you do is bend for them you stupid child.”
Vinyx lifted his head lazily, “heck, Taelagor talks more than this brood.”
Spinner didn’t look up from his plant, “don’t think too hard about it Vinyx. It’ll hurt what few brain cells you have left.” He shrugged. “She’s just doing what children do and throwing a tantrum because she’s not having her way.”
“She’ll run home and cry to her parents! ‘Boohoo! I can’t handle being a goddess. No one pities me anymore.’” Adessa mocked before she broke out into laughter.
Majnun started to tune out some of the insults at this point. He sighed and rested his head back in the chair, idly staring at the ceiling. “Yes, yes, she’s a child. Can’t you think of something better than that?” He rolled his head forward and stared at Maleficent with hard eyes. “Do you remember the day you lost your mind, Death Flower?” He tipped his head sideways. “I do.” He grinned at her darkly. “You raised someone from the dead and now that someone is going to hurt your family. Are you pleased with yourself, Death Flower? The crevice of dragons burn down flamingos. Your mind will twist inside itself. The water is a ruse. Stay out of the way, little Death Flower, for I fear you might snap. The insanity will swallow you whole.”

Adessa snickered. “What gibberish are you going on about, you old clown? You’re life is being sucked from you along with your cruelty. You’ve lost your edge.”
Majnun flicked his finger and three daggers were driven into the seat, grazing her skin on either side of her face and one by her neck, causing her to bleed slightly. “What was that? I cannot hear you - you seem to have nearly caught something in your throat.” He said darkly.
Things seemed to calm down after that and Maleficent eyed the room cautiously. A flash of exhaustion hit her eyes but she covered it with a grin nicely. “It has been a pleasure meeting all of you. I hope to learn from your achievements and your mistakes.” She tipped her head and opened a portal. She wanted out of that room as fast as possible and Majnun watched her go. Well done, Death Flower.

The gods did not wait to exit the room as quickly as possible following Maleficent’s lead, leaving all but two left in the room.
Majnun had not turned to face Agonin and instead he sighed, shifting forward in his chair slowly. “She handled herself well.”
Agonin nodded evenly. “You seem rather fond of her.”

Majnun shrugged loosely. “What can I say? She reminds me of… me.” He raised his eyebrows and grinned.
“It’s more than that though.” Agonin’s voice wasn’t accusing, just laying down a statement.
“No idea what you’re talking about, rigid one.” Majnun shook his head.
Agonin rolled his eyes slightly and stared down at some paperwork on the table. “You wished to speak to me?”
Majnun finally turned to look at him. “How do you feel things are going?”
Agonin’s lip twitched slightly into a soft smile. “Well, the world hasn’t caught fire, but it’s acting as though it has.” He sighed.
Majnun’s eyes went wide. “Did you just make a joke, austere one? The world must have caught fire! It’s the end times!” With a wave of his hand the chairs went flying back against the wall.
Agonin gritted his teeth with irritation and waved his hand to bring the chairs back neatly. “I do not joke. I’m mostly serious. The world is falling apart. Malice is keeping Nyx alive through a horcrux. Clarissa Kwa hasn’t been able to ascend properly - and she’s died and come back to life through strange means that have your magic all over it.”
Majnun grumbled and rolled his eyes as Agonin spoke about it.
“-Fate is working on some mass hysteria plan. Maleficent hasn’t been fully trained yet and the Death Keepers are knocking on her door. There’s the whole bit about Thanatos having some of her power.” He pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed. “Oh, and there’s a lunatic god on a suicide mission.” He looked at Majnun flatly before smiling just slightly. “Now that was a joke.” He chuckled very lightly.

Majnun shook his head, chuckling as well before he sighed heavily. “How did we get here, Agonin?” He looked around the room. “I remember a time when the gods weren’t such petty children.”
Agonin nodded slightly. “We’ve been in a dark age for a couple hundred years now, I would argue.”
Majnun silently agreed. Four hundred years of darkness; heartless. They sat in silence before Majnun spoke. “I have a need for a formal War Declaration.”
Agonin met his eyes, his face unreadable before he nodded. “Against?”
“Fate.”
Agonin was focusing on the wall as he nodded. “Conditions?”
“None.” Majnun scowled. “She either bends, or she dies.”
Agonin nodded once more and silence overtook the room again before he sighed. “So the prophecy has begun.”
Majnun nodded. “Indeed it has.”

It was an unspoken understanding between them. They were two of the few gods who still heeded the Book of Prophecies. This was the age the world would be torn asunder by a great war. No one was prepared for the destruction that would be left in its wake.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #927 on: June 19, 2016, 10:46:26 PM »
The Gods
So that was a doozy of a chapter, right? Let's take a closer look at the 14 gods/goddesses we met this last chapter. =)

They'll be written in order from most powerful to least powerful.

Majnun Keeper - God of Magic and Madness

Fate Niccoli - Goddess of Fate

Maleficent Labelle - Goddess of Death

Spinner Balatare - God of Nature

Taelagor Mist - God of Elements

Air

Fire (sorry, thought I had a better picture of Fire Taelagor)

Earth

Water

Irena Ontanio - Goddess of Knowledge

Agonin Madere - God of Order

Carule Dawnmore - God of Love and Commitment

Eravaeral Monneseur - Goddess of Lust and Beauty

Malice Nightmare - God of Night and Darkness

NOT PICTURED: Clarissa Koray - Goddess of the Moon
Liam's Clarissa, in case anyone was confused. ::)

Calypso Asherah - Goddess of the Sea

Adessa Tremere - Goddess of Betrayal

Sanja Walle - Goddess of Dreams

Vinyx Fabian - God of Debauchery

So for the last bit, this is VERY MUCH under construction right now, but I've been working (VERY SLOWLY, not anything fast) on the "Glossary" of terms and common names/lore things. There's still a lot of work to be done, and be careful because there are minor spoilers there and some... hidden gems that some of you may find. I've put A LOT of effort and time into it, and I know it's not the best it could be, but I'm having fun and I hope that maybe some of you will find it useful too. When it becomes more relevant/more complete, I'll hook it into the first page.
Until then, you can find what little work I've done on it HERE!

Thanks for all the love and comments! Any and all feedback is always loved and appreciated!
<3 Livvielove

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #928 on: June 19, 2016, 11:42:24 PM »
Yes, that was a bit overwhelming with so many new characters introduced at once.  I appreciated the, "Here's who you just met," post!
I think any four of the lovely goddesses would be wonderful in a four immortal sisters challenge.  No idea what made that pop into my mind, but it did, so I thought I'd share  :=)

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #929 on: June 20, 2016, 12:11:56 AM »
Yes, that was a bit overwhelming with so many new characters introduced at once.  I appreciated the, "Here's who you just met," post!
I think any four of the lovely goddesses would be wonderful in a four immortal sisters challenge.  No idea what made that pop into my mind, but it did, so I thought I'd share  :=)

Yes! I imagine it might be! I'm sorry if it's put anyone off of the story, but it was just supposed to be a fun little chapter to introduce the pantheon. The information and who-is-who isn't that important, it's just slowly laying the foundation for the future war with Fate.
Also, I think it must be how specified some of the gods/goddesses are. Irena, my Goddess of Knowledge looks quite like the Air Sister. Eravaeral looks quite like the Fire Sister, Calypso easily fits the Water Sister and I'm not sure who might be best for earth. Either way, thank you greatly for bearing with me on this chapter. We really just wanted to do something fun with Majnun and Maleficent, and it's not that crucial that you remember each name and what they said or did.
We should be returning to regular chapters after this one with characters you're familiar with! =)