Author Topic: Fourth in the Four: Another Grim Dynasty  (Read 154715 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Whew, good thing I reread that intro a few times, Rica. For the first, second and third times I did so, I seriously thought you were telling us you'd failed. Blargh brain. Any way, the boys are lovely, Ash really does look like Simonis while Alistair's more of a blend of the two. Hope everything continues to go well and I can't wait to see what those boys get up to and which career and aspirations Alistair settles on.
Sorry about the confusion. No, the dynasty still lives on for now.  And I used a randomizer app to choose his aspirations but I'm still unsure of his career.  Now to just get through how to make it all happening!

The boys turned out very cute! They are both very appealing, but in different ways.
Air looks great in his pinks and purples. I laughed at Ash's party outfit--no wallflower, he! (I've never dared choose those sunglasses, lol)
I like the use of contact lenses--they make Ash unforgettable, really.

Great job on all those youth potions!
Ash's party outfit was a sudden burst of inspiration.  Though the glasses give you the playful mood which I didn't realize so I'll have to be careful with him during parties in the future but I don't want to get rid of them.   And Thanks.  Those youth pots literally came from just the Goth family and Reid's small group.  We had one elder move in and he produced a small amount for week and a half I got him but the rest are from everyone people have enjoyed watching.  Artie has already eaten something like 9 portions in game.  He's also apparently 100 days older than Aria.  Not sure how that works but okay!

Finally got caught up with the story. The teen boys looks great and dashing in their makeovers, especially Air. Like his new hairstyle.
I'm glad that you've enjoyed the story.  Thank you for reading and commenting.

A fantastic update! I really love how you write. I had a feeling Alistair would be the heir after you called him Air, although I will miss all the nicknames. Ash's glare could kill! I am anticipated what the boys will be up to now as teenagers. Not-so-little Hebe looks beautiful in her partywear, yellow is a good colour on her.
We actually call him Air because it's kind of like a child nickname for a kid who can't say it?  Niece calls Alistair Air.  And it's funny because it's Air and Ash so it's like I'm working on a group of elementals or something. (Or that's how my twisted brain works).  And thanks about Rachebe.  I wasn't sure it was the best choice but the more I look at it.  The more it grows on me. 

As always those Grim boys are just hawt!!!

I've said it before and I'll say it again rica, you are a wonderful writer.
Thank you Shannon.  And if you think they look good like that.  Wait til I show you what they look like after getting some fitness in them. ;)
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
Re: Fourth in the Four: Another Grim Dynasty || Scarlet's Surprise
« Reply #421 on: May 21, 2016, 07:28:05 PM »

As Scarlet was brought into our world, so were the fruits of Markus's fun as well.  Brynn Boykin glared around our house for a day before finally leaving to give birth to her little girl Constance Boykin.  Pale skinned like Sharon's twins.

Artie - Shh shh shh.  Hey.. we've got you little one.  Even if you are part alien. 
Addy - Artie..
Artie - What?  I've had issues remember?
Addy - Yes yes the alien plot to destabilize your last dynasty.  I remember quite well seeing as it was Reka in my head. 
Artie - And now everyone knows how you felt.
Addy - Well.. not exactly but close. 
Artie - Okay little red one whose not really red but is.  Time for you to get a nap while I go read all of the books to make people happy before work and school.  Then you and I can go back to making faces at each other.
Addy - I haven't figured out if you're trying to desensitize her early or just be the first best friend she ever makes.
Artie - *does not respond*

Raphael - It's not fair all you guys are already grown up.
Ash - We still all have to do homework, Raph. You guys just get the easy stuff.
Raphael - But I wanna be big.
Ericka - You will.. on your birthday.. in like a week.
Carson - Too long. 
Bridgette - I'll be a young adult by then I think. 
Rachel - Close.  At least with the boys birthday we get to play video games now. 
Ash - Aww.. you didn't like playing space monster?
Rachel - Not as much as I like shooting as a spaceship.

With some of the lag and random pausing everyone has been doing.. people have been occupying the same space a lot lately. 
Addy - You guys have never been closer.
Simonis - Shush and get me out of her.
Addy - I'm trying.. hold your horses and watch out for that leg.

With Sharon, Brynn and Margaret having all popped, we called a new meeting of Pollinatin' to see how the other girls were doing. 
Markus - Oh you're getting so close.  Hey little one.  I feel you kicking.  Ready to come out?
Belinda - I hope so.

We also got a new member. Everyone meet the new mail carrier, Karli. She was very quickly asked to join the club.

And then given a fertility massage.
Addy - You're looking pleased with yourself.
Markus - I know what comes next..
Karli - Huh?
Markus - Nothing nothing.. here let me finish this for you then I can show you the sauna.

Which he did.

And she followed.. though being in a hot sauna probably didn't help her problem. 

Especially when she did this.
Addy - Well.. if you had gone pee upstairs.. you wouldn't have seen this.  Now go pee somewhere other than the sauna!  Oh.. be right back.

Addy - *baby voice* Hey you.. it's been exactly 48 hours since you were born.  Do you know what that means?  Someone is about to come over and they are going to make me soo happy to see that smiling face!

Margaret - Huh.
Addy - Umm.
Scarlet - Wow this is great! I'm Free!
Addy - You call Jimmie over.  I'm going to save and get someone a new outfit.
Scarlet - New clothes?
Addy - Yes sweetling.  Let's go.

Every Day - Formal - Athletic

Sleeping - Party - Swimming

Closeup

Ricanote: And this is why she's that color.  Everyone meet the true Jimmie.  After saving I went back to another file save to figure out the true Jimmie.  And this is him under his disguise.  This is one of my alien CC skins so it did the same thing as all of my other CC skins.  Pale baby = Suddenly colorful child when the game tried to give her alien skin. I did a test run with a pair of aliens int he same skin tone to see what their baby would look like  and you guessed it.  Pale baby with pointed ears.  It was actually kind of adorable but no I didn't take screenshots.  I could if anyone really wants to see.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
 Previously, I was puzzled by your comment about Jimmie and what he looked like "under his blue disguise."
Your color mod is actually quite complicated to read about, lol. Because Jimmie was blue with hair but not a watched sim, I'd just assumed that he was a hybrid.
Scarlet is lovely--her facial features are perfect and lucky you that she didn't get Jimmie's lips. (Yes, I'm being superficial)
So Scarlet could pass on pale or yellow skintone, but never Jimmie's blue skintone?

All the rainbow moms and their surprising nooboos!
The skintone genetics are so fascinating to ponder and read about; they really add a new dimension to your already-fabulous dynasty.  :)

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
Previously, I was puzzled by your comment about Jimmie and what he looked like "under his blue disguise."
Your color mod is actually quite complicated to read about, lol. Because Jimmie was blue with hair but not a watched sim, I'd just assumed that he was a hybrid.
Scarlet is lovely--her facial features are perfect and lucky you that she didn't get Jimmie's lips. (Yes, I'm being superficial)
So Scarlet could pass on pale or yellow skintone, but never Jimmie's blue skintone?

All the rainbow moms and their surprising nooboos!
The skintone genetics are so fascinating to ponder and read about; they really add a new dimension to your already-fabulous dynasty.  :)

Jimmie was an alien.  The blue was the "human" disguise that the game gave him.  So I never got to see what he looked as an alien until I took that picture.  I just assumed he was one of the normal skin tones not remembering that I had special ones over there too. 

Here's a pic of what the CC looks like in the game

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

They're just another choice for the game like any other skin tone or eye color or t-shirt.  This means for humans and aliens for as long as the game doesn't break them.   It's like a box of chocolates.  You never know what you're gonna get.

But yes this means that the blue skin tone was actually never a possibility for Scarlet because he's not blue.  I could play Jimmie the Sim and change him to any color I wanted because it's just a disguise. 

And Markus's brood is only just now starting to age up.  I can't wait for the others honestly.  I'm hoping for a whole group of rainbow hopefuls!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Thank your for that explanation and the image from your CAS!

You wrote:
I just assumed he was one of the normal skin tones not remembering that I had special ones over there too. 
Does "over there" refer to the human-sim disguises of alien sims which, like the human-sims, can appear in any of your colors?
It cracks me up that all of the female sims with unusual color get all your/Markus's love/attention!
I really like the pale-green sims! But Bridgette, that was a poor decision!

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
"Over there" meaning in the alien CAS versus the human CAS, since Aliens for their base form have different features than humans.   I forgot because it's been a while since I played an alien. 

And yes they got my attention because well if I can't have a full red dynasty, I can at least have a fun with multiple colors which was only a possibility after supernatural in Sims 3. 

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
I haven't played an alien for so long I'd completely forgot they exist in my current game, lol.  So I'd completely forgotten (or most likely, never knew) they had a separate CAS.

And I guess if your household had seen a sim (as in "potential spouse) as red as Artie and Aria wandering around town, we'd have been reading about him/her by now. :D
Your patience with my questions is much appreciated!

And may I repeat how lovely Scarlet is?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
Yellow skin, how unexpected and she's got beautiful coloured eyes! (Natural or CC?) Are you finding it hard to chose clothes colours that don't clash with the Sim's skin tone? I have several blue and green Sims and I don't know what to put most of them in so some of them don't get makeovers, lol.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
What a sunshiney surprise! It almost makes up for the pasty human being the next Grim heir. :P And I guess the "Scarlet" name still sort of fits her because of her hair.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
Yellow skin, how unexpected and she's got beautiful coloured eyes! (Natural or CC?) Are you finding it hard to chose clothes colours that don't clash with the Sim's skin tone? I have several blue and green Sims and I don't know what to put most of them in so some of them don't get makeovers, lol.
@Nettlejuice In Sims 3, I always tried to give the characters their favorite color.  Sometimes that worked.. and sometimes that REALLY didn't.  Like red sim with pink .. everywhere.  It was harsh but that's my Gellie.   And I find it hard at first but then I kind of get on a roll with a certain shade of color and find that I can do things within that spectrum.  Scarlet as a child was easy.  I think the blues and teals go well with her like the yellow does with Rachebe.  Doesn't help she's a ginger. (Good thing I didn't name her Ginger Behr huh?)  As for her eyes.  In those pictures CC but.. they are the same color as her normal eyes. As seen below.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

What a sunshiney surprise! It almost makes up for the pasty human being the next Grim heir. :P And I guess the "Scarlet" name still sort of fits her because of her hair.
One of them was bound to be a white boy, @Trip .  Plus it works for the SL I have going in the background. Which is very close to being revealed partially.  *insert maniacal laughter*  I'm still thinking I might rename her.  Think it's too late?  We could make her Goldie Bear *bum-dum-tish* ;)

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
Fourth in the Four: Another Grim Dynasty || Chapter 66
« Reply #430 on: May 22, 2016, 04:13:53 PM »

Addy - Oh.. I think that's a good sign we need to end the gathering so someone will go home.
Belinda - I don't want to go home.. 
Addy - You need to have that baby.. now go.  Make us proud.

She did.  It was a boy named Alex.  What's with these chicks naming babies after my ghosts?!

The boys being teenagers means that over half of the Kid Club can't use most of the things in the hangout so it got moved to another part of the yard for Scarlet and her new friends (Markus's kids) while the twins club gets an entirely new setup.  We let Reid's Brood share the space so I know where to find them!

*fire crackles, everyone giggles*
Addy - Well that's certainly a festive edition to the hangout.

Artie -  And the fairy raged at the poor little bug that had eaten all of her food.  The poor little bug cried as she sent him away. You know this is completely proposterous. 
Scarlet - What are you talking about?
Artie - Fireflies can speak you know!  And fairies are only that small sometimes.  She should have just gotten bigger like Addy does and it would have taken much less time.  Who writes this rubbish.  Oh.. Yensid.  Figures.  *tosses the book* Let me see if I can find anything based on Burton.  Those are much more fun.
Addy - *just groans* 
Scarlet - Maybe I should just get Mum to read to me.
Addy - Yes.. do that.

Ash - How am I supposed to remember if we're still tied?!
Air - I thought you were the one keeping score!
Ash - I thought you were!
Air - Guess we'll have to do another round.
Ash - After homework.

Every time Cara stops playing with the others, I'm always worried she's going to lay down and throw her hand up towards the sky. 

I want everyone to meet Angelique Hauser.   She has her mother's awesome eyes and her dad's hair and skin. 

Air - You're concentrating entirely too hard over there.
Ash - Yet I'm the one who's farther along.
Air - You're cheating.
Ash - No I'm focusing.  Besides.  I heard one of the other watchers finds us hawt.
Air - Naturally.. we're Grims.

This is what you get when you randomly pause the game.   

Seems everyone is sick in the house but Margaret doesn't seem to care.

And the boys found a new thing to synchronize other than their freakouts.

Air -  Hi I'm Alistair.

Ash - I see you've met my twin.  I'm Ash.
Carolyn Hauser  (Angelique's twin) - There is no way you're twins.  You don't even look alike!
Grim Twins - Oh but we are!

Addy - The whole gang is here watching a movie for some extra club points.  But they seem to be missing one...

Addy - Oh there she is. 
Alistair - *cheerfully* Hello person I've never introduced myself to!
Cassie Rupp - *suddenly in awe of talking to someone from Dynasty House like she doesn't practically live here*  Oh!  Hi!
Alistair - Well you can go back to your movie now.  And thank you for finishing my milestone.
Cassie - *still in awe* Oh of course!

Ash - Do you feel that?
Air - Yeah.  I do. 
Ash - Something major is going down and they forgot to invite us.
Air - How rude.  Should we get them back, my twin?
Ash - We wouldn't be the A-twins if we didn't.
Addy - And what are you two planning?
A-Twins - Nothing!

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher

Aria - So why did you have me dress up into my wedding clothes, teleport down into the bottom basement into our romantic room and wait for you?
Simonis - Oh you mean you wouldn't do this just because I asked you to?

Aria - No I don't just do things because you ask *tickles mercilessly*
Simonis - Ahh!  Uncle.. Uncle!

Aria - Tell me.
Simonis - Why do you want to know so bad?
Aria - Because you know I hate mysteries and surprises and we get enough of that just being in this family.
Simonis - And what if I wanted to just hang out with a pretty lady?
Aria - You're kind of cute, you know that?

Simonis - Yea... I am great aren't I?
Aria - Don't lay it on too thick there bud.  Now tell me!

Simonis - This.
Aria - What?! Where were you keeping that in your tux?
Simonis - Oh come on, 'Ria.  Stop playing. 

Simonis - Why won't you eat this?
Aria - If I eat that, you know what's going to happen don't you?
Simonis - Yes that's why I'm giving it to you.  I want to know that you've eaten this Ria.  Don't throw away all the hard work of my family and yours just because you don't want to deal with the reality that I'm going to be the next death.
Aria - Simmybear..
Simonis - Aria.. think about what you're doing..

Aria - You really think I should?
Simonis - Yes.
Aria - Is it gonna tickle?
Simonis - I'm told there used to be a flash of light.  Your Dad never eats it in front of us so I don't know.

Addy - Wait!  You should eat that in the museum!
Aria - Oh.. you're right.
Simonis - Argh!  Why did you ruin the moment?!

Simonis - Hey you put our picture in here.
Aria - Uh huh.
Simonis - So how is it?

Aria - Eh..

Aria - Wait.. where am I?

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
Re: Fourth in the Four: Another Grim Dynasty || Chapters 66 & 67 (22 May)
« Reply #432 on: May 22, 2016, 04:31:45 PM »
Congrats Rica, Aria and everyone on the progress.

Aria makes a very pretty elder.

Simonis is certainly her rock, which isn't a surprise really, considering the family he is from. They have had a lot of experience over the years in this sort of thing across dimensions.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #433 on: May 22, 2016, 05:30:01 PM »
Oh my!  I've missed so much!  I don't even know where to start!  Other than to say, awesome updates!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #434 on: May 22, 2016, 05:32:32 PM »
Congratulations to Aria on her immortality (I think....what happened?)
How adorable that her museum holds a photo of her and Simonis as children.
Aria and Simonis have always been so great together!

anything