Author Topic: [BUG] Black and White Party bug?  (Read 8429 times)

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
[BUG] Black and White Party bug?
« on: May 06, 2016, 01:33:29 PM »
I haven't messed with parties much so not sure if it's always been like this or not.
I threw a Black and White party and one of the task was to make a black and white food. So I figured no problem, I had my sim make a black and white cake but that didn't complete the task so I tried the black and white cookies and still no luck. After that the party was about over so I gave up.
After the party was over I saved and exited and cleared the caches and repaired the game and tried again and still no luck. So I paused the game and started looking through the recipes to if there was something else to try and I noticed the White and Black cake so I tried that and bingo, that completed the task.
So black and white cake didn't work but white and black cake did. Has this always been the case or is it something new? Or has anyone else had this problem and it's just something with my game?

Edited: May.07.2016 -- Something to Try:
I tried the Salt and Pepper shrimp cocktail and it also worked for the goal. :)
I guess you could say it's a white and black food and not a black and white food like the white and black cake that worked for me. Salt (white) and Pepper (black) shrimp cocktail. :) So that kind of goes along my first post of black and white food doesn't work but white and black food does.

Added: May.06.2016
This is a known bug.  If you find you have this bug, please go over to answer.ea.com using the link below and on the first post you should see a Me Too button under it. Click it to help show that others are having similar issues and hopefully that should help get it some attention.

[COLLECTION THREAD] Event Goal not fulfilling (Ex: Black and White Party)
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/COLLECTION-THREAD-Event-Goal-not-fulfilling/m-p/5099660

-- Old Thread - Problems with Black and White Party
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Problems-with-Black-and-White-Party/td-p/3512707
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: [BUG] Black and White Party bug?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2016, 03:49:32 PM »
It sounds (?) as though it's been a problem for awhile. I did a search on it and found it is a known bug. Link above if you want to read up on it and post about your experience.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2016, 04:36:20 PM »
Thanks MrsFlynn for the info and the links. :)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2016, 05:14:43 PM »
Without looking at the links, I want to add that my sims never made cakes as Black and White Food.

From the Up All Night DLC, they prepare "Salt and pepper shrimp cocktail."

I don't know if that makes any difference.
Good luck with your par-tays @grimsoul

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2016, 07:09:27 PM »
Thanks for the tip oshizu. I hadn't thought about that recipe, I'll try it next time.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2016, 08:33:12 PM »
I always have bugs with this party in fact I don't think I've ever managed a gold yet.  >:( It annoys the completionist in me no end!
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2016, 09:33:24 PM »
I understand, I haven't managed to get gold on this one either.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2016, 02:05:40 PM »
@oshizu I tried the Salt and Pepper shrimp cocktail and it also worked for the goal. :)
I guess you could say it's a white and black food and not a black and white food like the white and black cake that worked for me. Salt (white) and Pepper (black) shrimp cocktail. :) So that kind of goes along my first post of black and white food doesn't work but white and black food does.
Or it's just my weird brain seeing what I want to see. :D

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2016, 02:39:23 PM »
No, your brain is definitely not weird--you are highly observant.
I would never have noticed that white/black works but black/white doesn't.

I'm wondering if the reason why the White/Black Cake and Salt/Pepper Shrimp Cocktail both work is because they both come from the Up All Night DLC, like the Black and White Party itself.
In contrast, the Black/White Cake is base game, according to Carl's guide on cooking.
Along these lines, Black/White Cookies also come the Up All Night DLC.

Not sure, just speculating here. And, by the way, are you going to join the tournament challenge for kleptos?

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2016, 03:57:05 PM »
That's a good point about both of them coming with the Up All Night DLC. That would explain why the black and white cake didn't work but you would think the black and white cookies would have sense they also came with that expansion, but they didn't work. At least for me anyway.

As for the challenge I usually don't do the challenges officially sense I play with a modded game.
I can't hardly play without them, especially MC Command Center it adds so much story progression to game. Kind of like I couldn't hardly play the Sims 3 without Twallan's mods in my game. I love seeing the sims getting married, moving in together, having kids, getting jobs and new sims moving into the neighborhoods.
But the klepto challenge is fun. I done something similar to that when we first got the trait and I was playing around with it so much. And also one where I was running a store selling nothing but stolen items was cool too.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2016, 05:08:03 PM »
That's weird about the cookies. I was going to say that "cookies aren't technically food," but you'd written that you cleared that milestone with the white/black cake.

To be honest, I'd gotten gold for that party lots of times until just recently when I got that "listen to classical music" milestone which I couldn't clear. It's such a buggy party!!!

Oooh, don't tell me about a mod that provides story progression!
I hate looking at my neighborhoods where all the sims just grow old without forming relationships and families unless I turn one of my male sims into a pollinator (which does nothing for the relationships among sims in non-active households).
Oh well.

By the way, I'm doing a challenge where my family can't leave the lot except for school/work. My teen sim has the klepto trait and is constantly tense from a "Need to Swipe" moodlet.
Occasionally, he brings cheap stuff home from school. There's nothing to steal in our neighborhood. I guess I should raise his Mischief so he can bring home some swag from school, at least.

When you ran your store, did you pickpocket all your customers, too?  hehe

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2016, 06:35:26 PM »
Listening to classical music is the one keeping me from getting the gold on that party also.
That sounds like a tough challenge, not being able to leave the lot makes it hard to be a klepto. You can't steal items around the neighborhood, it has to be on a lot.
It would have be nice to pick their pockets in the store but isn't that a interaction with the criminal career not the mischief skill?

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2016, 08:02:15 PM »
It would have be nice to pick their pockets in the store but isn't that a interaction with the criminal career not the mischief skill?

I was just being silly. I was thinking how funny it would be to not only sell the customers stolen goods but also pickpocket them as you give them "thank you hugs" for shopping at your store.
You're right that it's a social unlocked at Level 3 of the Criminal career.
Technically, I guess it would be possible to join the Criminal career, unlock the social, then devote oneself to the Stolen Swag Shop... I don't remember if one makes much money picking pockets, it's more the thought that counts! hehe

anything