Author Topic: Top Secret: The Spiffendale *Unofficial* Immortal Dynasty [COMPLETE]  (Read 167402 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: Top Secret: The Spiffendale Immortal Dynasty
« Reply #270 on: December 07, 2016, 04:24:02 PM »
I'm so envious of your wedding. The first time I tried having one in Myshuno Meadows, nothing worked right. But congratulations, and Tallulah makes a wonderful flower girl. I didn't realize though that she wouldn't be able to marry Jorge. (Or if she did marry him, he wouldn't be able to move in.)
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #271 on: December 07, 2016, 04:42:58 PM »
Haha, Tallulah is trouble with the capitals SR!
Amidst all my hardy laughs, I believed I laughed hardest at Otto's appeasing remark to Karla about swiveling the camera around!
Yes, Otto, you are definitely the King of Romance and Comedic Panache!
Truly, the two of them make such a dashing wedding couple! Their dusk to evening wedding was so lovely!

In my dynasty, I had both the Gen7 and Gen8 heirs get married. Their relationships gave me something of interest to do besides slogging through the remaining ambrosia requirements and watching the dust collect on the immortals. ;-)

Looking forward to more of Morris' culinary snobbery and Tullulah's romantic conquests!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline NexttoNormal

• Townie
  • A bit dramatic, a little insane, mostly artistic
« Reply #272 on: December 07, 2016, 06:21:52 PM »
I feel you Tallulah, buttercream is my true love as well. Too bad Karla doesn't share your love for it. One piece certainly wouldn't hurt would it?

The wedding looked great, I love Myshuno Meadows as a venue. Tallulah is going to be an absolutel heartbreaker, I love how all the boys are scared of her. And good luck Morris in your quest for new and exotic foods.

Offline jillz

• Origin ID: Charzof
  • Townie
  • Knitter. Gamer. Geek.
    • The New Adventures of Priska
« Reply #273 on: December 08, 2016, 08:43:12 AM »
Just spent the last couple hours bingeing your dynasty story! Love it and love the Spiffendales.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #274 on: December 09, 2016, 01:40:27 PM »
@laurenannie Yes, poor Jorge. Poor guy goes through quite a lot. I feel bad for him, but he's such a useful narrator!

@MarianT Thanks! I just love Myshuno Meadows as a wedding venue. What a bummer that it doesn't work well for you! Yes, no room to move in a spouse this generation, which is why I picked Serial Romantic for Tallulah to begin with. I didn't count on becoming so attached to Jorge, but them's the breaks. :)

@oshizu LOL. Yes, trouble indeed! As you know from my technical difficulties thread I'd love to get Tallulah married, but the game is not cooperating. We'll see if I can find a good way to spin it when the time comes to write those chapters. :/
Glad you liked the camera-swiveling shot. It's another one of those that I almost didn't include because I had so many pictures of the wedding, but now I'm glad I did. :)

@NexttoNormal Agreed on the buttercream! Just don't tell my husband. ;) Thanks for your kind words.

@jillz Thank you! So glad you made it all the way through!

Chapter 65:  The Thing About Big Moments

Morris:  Okay, let’s go, let’s go, let’s go! Finish ‘er up! Grampa Morris is under a deadline here and I still need to look up what nuoc cham is supposed to taste like so I can make sure that food cart was doing it wrong.

Tallulah:  Grampa Morris, can't I stay home tonight?

Morris:  Nope. You've got to skill, and I've got to criticize. We've got to be active and on the same lot, now let's get that extra credit taken care of, pronto!

Arianna:  Aaaaah. At last. A nice, elegant ambrosia meal with no beanies, swim trunks, or other wardrobe malfunctions.

Wendell:  Where’s Morris?

Pernille:  *smirks* Oh, he’s probably off being conspicuously inconspicuous and expecting us not to notice.

Mallory:  *chuckles* That’s my Dad for you.

Morris:  Sorry I’m late guys. I just got super in to my yoga routine there. Had to finish up. Phew!

Mallory:  Uh-huh. Sure, Dad.

Wendell:  Why do you smell like Bhel Puri?

Morris:  What? How do you know what Bhel Puri smells like?

Arianna:  *sigh* Just change, Morris. I only hope you haven’t spoiled your appetite.

Pernille:  Now that we’re all dressed appropriately I’m not sure what to talk about.

Arianna:  There’s a lot to be said for a dignified silence.

Morris:  Dignified silence, eh Mom? Sounds more like a dignified sawing of logs to me.

Pernille:  Hush. She’s had a long set of lifetimes. She deserves a bit of a rest.

Wendell:  What?  I’m sorry, I can’t hear you though the door, and ever since the Rainn incident I’m not allowed to talk to any of Otto’s friends. Nice outfit, though. Love the hot pants! Pink is totally your color! I’d better go.

Tallulah: It’s different this time because it’s me. You may think you’ve seen children leveling creativity a million times before, but doesn’t the glitter seems a little sparklier this time?  That’s my goal:  to add a little extra sparkle wherever I go.

Karla:  The thing about big moments is, they look exactly like little moments. You’d never know I just completed Musical Genius, because I look exactly the same as I did for the last hundred hours or so, banging away at this piano. Oh, well, on to writing books.

Wendell:  I have to say, Grampa, you’re really doing us all proud. You’re a real inspiration, starting all over so late in life.

Morris:  I have no idea what you’re talking about, but I've never yet turned down a hug!

Otto:  Gwendolyn, I appreciate the support, but don’t patronize me. It’s late. I’m tired, and so are my jokes. I’m just grinding out my daily task so I can go to bed.

Gwendolyn:  Who’s patronzing? This is literally the highlight of my day!

Otto:  What do you do for the rest of your day? Not exist?

Gwendolyn:  Yes. Duh.

Otto:  Okay o-KAY! Now ghosts are really my people! You guys are the real heroes. Coming out night after night to watch my shows. Don’t get to rowdy, now!

Dimitri:  You think we’re rowdy now, you should see the after party.

Dimitri and Goopy:  Woooooooo!

Dimitri:  Oh, yeah. It doesn’t get better than this. Good times.

Goopy:  Same time tomorrow?

Dimitri:  You know it!

Pernille:  Well, darling, are you all ready for school?

Tallulah:  Yes, ma’am! I hope there are some cute boys there! I’m so excited!

Pernille:  Don’t you already know a bunch of cute boys?

Tallulah:  They get increasingly less cute the longer I’ve known them, unfortunately.

Pernille:  Ah, inverse correlation. I know it well. Never applied it to Sims before, but I believe the basic principle stands.

Tallulah:  I know, right?

Karla:  Here goes everything!

Karla:  Oh good, I’m still perfect.

Mallory:  Woo! Old lady dance party!

Arianna:  We’ve still got some darn good moves! Work it, Tyler Behr!

Pernille:  Rainn, you should leave. It’s elder time, now.

Morris:  So, it’s called “fuh,” right? But it’s spelled P-H-O. Isn’t that wild?

Wendell:  Huh?  Oh, sorry. I was distracted by that goofy-walking vision with the red hair over there. Do you think I actually had a shot with her?

Morris:  Not if she’s into conversation. You haven’t heard a word I’ve said all night.

Wendell:  Actually, I get the impression she’s more into dancing than talking.

Morris:  Well, then buddy, you are in.

Morris: Heh heh heh. Thats right. Moving on up. Champion of the food world. They don’t give these plaques to just anybody, you know.

Morris:  One of everything, please!

Vendor:  Are you sure? You got some pretty wicked heartburn last time.

Morris:  You must be confusing me with yourself after you read my review. Now dish it up, and no skimping on the condiments this time!

Morris:  Well, it ain’t shish kebab, but you can’t argue with the smokiness.  Just a couple of notes here to keep my memory sharp. Let’s see, how many “p’s” in the word “deplorable?”

Morris:  Oh yeah, that’s the stuff. They listened when I said more turmeric. I’m always right.

Morris:  Ooof. Okay, I may have been wrong to ignore that advice about heartburn.

Morris:  I love this. I really feel like I’m living the life I was born to live. It only took five or so lifetimes to get here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #275 on: December 09, 2016, 02:10:31 PM »
I'm so glad that Morris gets the chance to rejoin the work force!
He's looking very youthful and very handsome! Love his new outfit--all the white with the light-blue shirt really suits him!

What a laugh that Wendell's been banned from socializing with Otto's friends. (Who banned him? Grandma or Mom?)
He still seems a bit fixated on Rainn, though...

Old lady dance party for the win! Shake it, hot mamas!

Wow, Karla didn't age at all after her adult birthday! Yes, dear Karla, you remain as perfect as ever!
Wonderful update! Thanks for showcasing what the oldsters have been up to. :D

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #276 on: December 09, 2016, 09:41:53 PM »
Sorry for not posting.  Been reading, (and laughing hysterically), right along but now there is so much to comment on I don't know what to say.  I absolutely ADORE little Lula!!  How can we possibly stand the perfection of her love?  The combination of her mom and dad are......well....perfect in her.  Can hardly wait to see what she does as a teen.  I'm actually dreading having this story over.  Oh, and I forgot my broken heart over the Goopster.  These people must never end, they are just too funny.   Oh, and the query about did he put in enough fart jokes.  (Leaving the room quickly roaring in laughter and fearfull of embarrassing myself if I don't make it in time.)
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline laurenannie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #277 on: December 11, 2016, 01:56:23 AM »
I'm so happy to see Morris making the most out of his immortality. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #278 on: December 12, 2016, 12:20:42 PM »
@oshizu I'm going to say it was Arianna who put the kibosh on Wendell talking to younger ladies. She does like to keep up appearances. :) Glad you like Morris's partywear. He almost never gets to wear it because he's always the caterer at parties. He was just in it accidentally when I took those pictures, but it does look nice. I might use it more often just because.

@Joria You're such a faithful reader and commenter. I knew you'd be back! Missed you of course, but I'm so glad to hear that you like Lula and that you appreciated my fart jokes. :)

@laurenannie Thanks! Me, too. I'd just let most of the elders be idle or go fishing for awhile, but it actually seems to make much more sense that if they want to live forever, they'd want to do something with their lives, so I'm really happy to have found something for Morris to do.

Chapter 66:  El Lobo

Tallulah:  Aw, come on! Cut me a break! It’s 11 p.m. and I’m starving. My grampa Morris won’t let me go home until he’s done reviewing and you know how long he takes choosing adjectives!

Vendor:  Your grampa Morris has cut my business in half. I’m losing money right and left! Plus, I’m pretty sure you’re dating my son and that kind of creeps me out.

Tallulah:  Oh, okay. I’ll pay full price. But go easy on the spice. I’m just a child.

Tallulah:  Zero stars. Terrible service. Clearly hates adorable charming children.

Tallulah: That witch! How did she know?

Morris:  This is an absolute masterpiece. It’s an unimaginable crime that it’s going to run next to the ad for Diamonds are for Sims VI. Next week I’m lobbying for the front page. No more small time for Morris Spiffendale!

Tallulah:  Thank you so much for coming over, Billie! You are so awesome! I know it’s late, but I really need one more friend and it just has to be you. I love you so much!

Billie Jang:  Well, I’ve thought it over, and it really thing surrendering to your every whim is the best course of action for me, even at 1 a.m. on a school night.

Morris:  Ah, the Spice Market. Let’s see who’s going to be crushed under the wheels of the Morris Machine today, shall we?

Vendor:  I’ve got teas! You want teas! I have a plethora of teas! I’m not teas-ing you! I’ve even got tisans! Artisanal tisans!

Morris:  What is this nonsense?  I can’t review this! I could make this at home! Be off with you!

Tallulah:  Excuse me, ma’am? I’m a poor lost little girl, abandoned by her relatives, but I’m determined to do well in school despite many setbacks and I was wondering if you’d like to help me with my homework?

Rando:  Honey, if you’re doing your homework in a karaoke bar you got more problems than i can solve, but you’re cute so I can try and dredge up some geography from the back reaches of my mind.

Tallulah:  Oh, thank you so much! You’re as lovely inside as you are outside!

Rando:  Listen, kiddo, I’ve been hanging out at this bar for awhile so I’ve rejected much better pickup lines than that. Now let’s get down to business before the contest starts.

Morris:  Hey, wait a minute! Aren’t you El Lobo? We work together at the Times! Oh, gosh I am such a fan! I heard after you reviewed a sculptor last week he tried to fling himself into the giant Hole of Death in Uptown! You’re a legend!

Diego:  Oh, well. It was nothing. I mean, those glass barriers are so high he never even got close. Always overreaching, that guy. As were his artistic endeavors, so were his suicide attempts. But hey, I loved your piece on the Myshuno Meadows food carts. Deliciously insidious.

Morris:  You read it? Oh, wow! I can’t believe you read my column! I’m sorry to gush it’s just, I mean . . . you’re El Lobo!

Diego:  Oh, no. Please. Don’t apologize. I adore it. To tell you the truth, people don’t fawn over me nearly often enough.

Diego:  First samosa, huh?

Morris:  *coughs* Wow. Yeah. That was unexpected.

Diego:  I know it’s dramatic, but to be honest I think they amp up the spice when their stock of potatoes goes bad. It masks the flavor and has the added benefit of incinerating any bacteria.

Morris:  Oh, that’s good. Really good. Can I use that?

Diego:  Of course. Consider it a gift.

Morris:  I’d love to hear your thoughts on Chez Llama. It’s been my favorite for ages, but I really feel like they’re in a rut lately.

Diego:  Would you believe I’ve never been?  I mean, I’ve heard all about it of course, but I’m such a city guy I can just never bring myself to make the trek out to Willow Creek.

Morris:  Oh, you’ve got to let me take you some time. They’ve got this crazy wall sculpture that I’ve always suspected is completely derivative, but I’m not an art guy and I can’t figure out what it’s derivative of.

Diego:  Okay. It’s a date.

Tallulah:  Dad, pick me up. My homework is done and Grampa's been locked in a karaoke booth with a guy in a flowered suit for hours. Send help.

Diego:  So he said my outfit was loud, and I said I wouldn’t know because his most recent performance had left my ears ringing so hard I was temporarily rendered completely deaf.

Morris:  Amazing! Diego, you are my kind of guy!

Diego:  Morris, darling, it’s mutual. It’s so seldom I meet someone whose disdain for the inadequacies of the world matches mine. I think the two of us could really cut a swath through this town.

Morris: So, listen, I don’t want you to feel threatened by me. I know we do the same job at the same paper and I’m just a much, much better cook than you, and El Lobo just told me that my metaphors are leaps and bounds ahead of yours, but I really think our work environment will be much better served by our keeping at least an appearance of cordial civility, don’t you?

Geeta:  I just came down for some tea.

Morris:  Right. That’ll sooth your nerves. Good for you. And hey, listen, you’ve got tenure at the paper, so I’m sure they’ll keep you on in some capacity even as my popularity as a columnist grows and grows.

Geeta:  You used to be a chef, right?

Morris:  That’s right! And a Master Mixologist!

Geeta:  I’m going to send my son down to talk to you. It’s time he learned what happens when you grow old and bitter all alone.

Morris:  He won’t learn that from me! I’m absolutely at the top of my game! And I’ll have you know I had a very successful and loving marriage back in the day.

Geeta:  Oh, yeah? Did your wife die just to get out of talking to you? I’m considering that right now.

Morris:  Didn’t work for her, and it wouldn’t work for you, either.

Geeta:  Good night, Morris.

Vendor:  Here’s your next course, Mr. Spiffendale.

Morris:  Hang on, I’ve got like two more bites here. You got the last one started yet?

Vendor:  It’s on its way. You sure you want to eat everything on the menu all at once?

Morris:  I’m a serious journalist on a deadline! Now, keep ‘em coming!

Tallulah:  That’s right. You heard me! I’m going to mop the court with you, sucker!

Tallulah:  Spiffendale crouches for her signature shot. History will credit this iconic player with bringing the granny shot back into prevalence, as well as making the sport of basketball a million times prettier.

Raj:  So, my Mom told me to come down here and get a glimpse of my sad, miserable future if I don’t find a wife and give her grandbabies soon, do you know anything about that?

Morris:  I know your mother is an unpleasant harpy who wouldn’t know a decent croquette if it smacked her on the nose.

Raj:  No kidding! I mean, she’s my mom and I love her, but the woman is a real nightmare sometimes. She even reviews the food I cook at home, except instead of stars she uses babies. You mind if I stay down here with you for awhile?

Morris:  Raj, welcome to my office! Let’s trade old chef war stories, shall we?

Morris:  Hang on just a second . . . “tastes like a wet sock rolled in rancid buerre blanc.” Okay, just didn’t want to let that thought escape, now what were we talking about?

Raj:  Wow. I hope you never review my restaurant.

Morris:  Certainly not. We’re friends now. It would be a conflict of interest.

Tallulah:  Yet again, Spiffendale popularizes a revolutionary technique, dazzling the crowd. Some call the two-handed dribble uncouth, old-fashioned, even totally-against-the-actual-rules-of-basketall, but Tallulah Spiffendale calls it perfection.

Raj:  *coughs* Whoops! I guess the potato stock went bad again.

Morris:  Poor guy. Been there.

Morris:  What do you say, kitten? Should we do it again tomorrow?

Tallulah:  Grampa Morris, I can’t help but feel that it’s not exactly appropriate for me to be hanging out in a big city practically by myself until all hours of the night.

Morris:  Oh, we gave up on the appearance of normal, appropriate childhoods generations ago! Just ask your Grandma Pernille! You hang in there, honey. The day will come soon enough when you’ll get to call the shots.

Otto:  Is this thing on?

Watcher:  Hey! About time you showed up! I have so much to tell you about! You would not believe the new kid. She’s a holy terror! And wait until I tell you what Morris is up to!

Catherine:  Hush. I’m listening to my grandson tell jokes.

Watcher:  But . . but . . . but . . . I have things! Things to say! Oh, you look so happy. Darn it! Never mind. You enjoy.

Catherine:  *sigh* This is the life.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #279 on: December 12, 2016, 04:18:23 PM »
The Food Critic career was created just to allow the witty culinary condescension of Morris Spiffendale and his Watcher to gleam and sparkle!
It's so obvious that Morris is loving what he does!

What a brilliant move to make Morris and El Lobo (lol) comrades in arms.
Diego has never really interested me (well, he would have no place in my current game anyway) but you bring his conceited self to life, snooty walk and all.
I can't wait to see the two of them at Chez Llama.

Wow, Tallulah does spend a lot of time literally alone in San Myshuno. Maybe get some random adults to mentor her in violin or piano?
No, that wouldn't do since you're playing an Immortal Dynasty. She is really precious and I like how we get little cut shots to Tallulah whenever Morris is out and about.

Awww, Catherine is back. I love that she finds contentment in her adorable grandson. Otto is too cute when he's telling jokes.

Offline laurenannie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #280 on: December 13, 2016, 09:14:25 PM »
It does seem like Tallulah does well entertaining herself. And the more people she meets out with Morris, the more people she knows to twist around her little finger.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #281 on: December 14, 2016, 12:46:45 PM »
@oshizu Thank you! Honestly, I don't think I would have even thought to put Morris in the Food Critic career if you hadn't suggested it. It's been such a blessing, though, because it's really kept this stage of the game interesting and fresh for me, and I know from reading other stories that it can get to be a grind this late in the game. It really is perfect for him.
I'm glad you're liking his kinship with Diego. That was one of the first things I thought of when I decided to have him become a food critic, and the two of them really do get along like gangbusters. I can't take credit for calling him "El Lobo." I think it's in his official household description.

@laurenannie Yes, indeed. I think Lula is pretty good at holding her own in the big city, or at least finding other people to hold it for her. :)

Chapter 67:  The Uptown Beat

Otto:  Listen, you’ve got to give me a bonus. I’ve discovered a whole new audience. They come out every night, they drink like fishes, and they give me instant feedback because they change color. The ghost scene is going to blow up, and you’d better not forget who told you first.

Morris:  Oooh! They finally gave me the Uptown beat. Okay, young lady, I want one of everything and make it snappy!

Vendor:  You want a fork or chopsticks?

Morris:  Don’t insult me! I’m a world-famous chef and critic. Of course I want the chopsticks! Authenticity is key to an enjoyable dining experience.

Morris:  Stupid authenticity. Can’t review it if I can’t get it into my mouth. Fiddly things!

Lily Feng:  Do you mind if I join you?  I love watching people fail at things.

Morris:  Well, this is awkward.

Lily:  I know. It’s delicious. I hope it lasts.

Morris:  HaHAH! Made it into the mouth.

Lily:  *chuckles condescendingly*

Morris:  Oh yeah. That one’s ‘gramworthy.

Morris:  Okay. I know your pink-haired colleague was holding out on me. Give me the pufferfish. I can handle it.

Vendor:  Are you sure? I’m not supposed to until I complete several more levels of training.

Morris:  You’re talking to Morris Spiffendale, sweetheart. Now bring it on.

Morris:  Oh, yeah. Cheating death. Whoever said food criticism wasn’t an extreme sport was a fool for the ages.

Morris:  Oh, come on, you! Get in my mouth!

Morris:  Ooooh! So close!

Morris:  Okay, forget it. I’m just stabbing this. I’ve been fiddling with these things so long that I’m starving now.

Morris:  That’s right. You are looking at a true pufferfish survivor!

Diego:  Very nice, Morris. I have to say, I’m impressed. You’re becoming a real city native.

Morris:  Oh, thank you, El Lobo! You have no idea what that means to me!

Diego:  Oh! Oh, we’re hugging? Okay, then. Not really a hugger, but I suppose I can make an exception, and please, call me Diego.

Diego:  You know, Morris, underneath that chicken drumstick hat you’re a really fascinating fellow. There’s just something about you; something that really sets you apart.

Morris:  Wow! That’s such a compliment coming from you. You know, I was just about to hit the Spice Festival, would you, maybe, like to go with me? I mean, I’m sure you’ve been dozens of times, but-

Diego:  Something tells me this time will be different. Count me in.

Morris:  Okay, first things first. I want to do the curry challenge. I’ve been training for days and I feel like I’m ready to handle the spice.

Morris:  You game?

Diego:  Is that a dare? I can never resist a dare.

Morris:  Nope. Nope nope nope. A whole lotta nope.

Morris:  Phew! Thank goodness this bar has Soft Shadow Avornalino. Nothing soothes a scorched palate like some smooth tannins.

Diego:  Couldn’t agree more. I mean, it’s not the Von Haunt Estate Meloire, of course, but what is?

Morris:  I know, right? What’s up, Lula Belle? Do you need Grampa to order you some sparkling water after that curry?

Tallulah:  Nope! I totally conquered the curry! I’m the curry champion! Isn’t that neat?

Morris:  Your very first curry and you’ve been crowned champion?

Tallulah:  Yup! *giggles*

Morris:  You know, I was going to say something about not getting used to having everything in life handed to you, but I’m thinking that might not apply in your case.

Tallulah:  Yeah, everything’s just pretty easy for me. *shrugs* And people are extra nice.

Morris:  Why don’t you run along home to bed?

Morris:  I’m so glad I met you, Diego. It’s nice to have someone to talk to who isn’t just completely beneath me.

Diego:  Oh, I concur. You’re a real breath of fresh air, Morris.

Karla:  Okay, creepy but necessary. I hope you can breathe down there, little guy.

Wendell:  So, books, huh?

Arianna:  Yeah, it looks like we’re going to need a lot more potions of youth than we have currently stocked, so we’re all doing Renaissance Sim.

Wendell:  Whoa. I think this is one of Pernille’s books. It’s pretty steamy.

Arianna:  Oh man, yeah. Wait until you get to the part in the igloo. It’s wild.

Wendell:  Well, it’s certainly a page-turner, but I’m not sure I’ll be able to look her in the face at dinner.

Arianna:  Heeeey, Zoe. Listen, I really appreciate your interest in joining the club, but I really only let you join because I was sad about Dennis Kim getting culled, and now that you’re here you do nothing but start fires and take baths in the good bathroom when Otto’s trying to get ready for work. Could you maybe stop being so terrible?

Zoe:  I mean, I could try, but it’s really all I know.

Tallulah:  Just going to check my progress on my Aspirations 4 Kidz app, and oh, look! 200 new texts! And they’re almost all heart emojis. Awww. My friends are so sweet.

Morris:  I’m warning you. Don’t eat that.

Pernille:  I thought food never spoiled around here. What’s going on?

Morris:  Food that I make never spoils. Food that you fools have the audacity to make using my kitchen when I’m not looking goes bad in about five seconds.

Pernille:  Well, you’re always out on your mysterious adventures these days. We were getting desperate.

Morris:  No excuse. There’s always cake.

Morris:  Oops! Guess I can’t read any more today. I’ve got to be off.

Arianna:  All right. I’ll keep your spot on the couch warm for you.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #282 on: December 14, 2016, 03:42:32 PM »
In his orange hat and matching frames, Morris is so full of win! So much fun to watch him struggle with his chopsticks. The pufferfish nigiri had me a bit worried...
When I see him with the slender Diego, though, I wish Morris could get an Insta-Lean potion...

I really adore their friendship. This is classic Morris:
Morris:  I’m so glad I met you, Diego. It’s nice to have someone to talk to who isn’t just completely beneath me.
Diego:  Oh, I concur. You’re a real breath of fresh air, Morris.

Hah! They're both such snobs, I love it! Tallulah has (relatively) quietly been counting off the days until she bursts into the spotlight as a teen!

Oh, Karla has new hair! It looks splendid on her! We need a closer look!

Offline laurenannie

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #283 on: December 14, 2016, 06:23:54 PM »
Oh Morris! You can't be playing fast and loose with the dynasty like that. I suppose he really wanted to impress Diego. And is starting to seem like Tallulah is going to just breeze through this dynasty stuff.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #284 on: December 16, 2016, 12:37:12 PM »
@oshizu Thank you! I'm glad you didn't get too sick of the chopsticks photos. I adore Morris, but even I started to title my screenshots things like "enough already," and "this needs to be a collage." I couldn't help myself.

I think about giving him an Insta-Lean pretty much every time I go in game. It's a unique reward for Pernille, and I'm pretty sure it's fine for Morris to take one as long as no one but Pernille actually purchases it, but I really want to triple-check the rules first just to make sure, and I keep forgetting until I get back in-game, and then I just throw up my hands and make him do yoga. But yeah, he works from home every single day and often one of his task is "eat four meals in a certain neighborhood," and sometimes both of his work-from-home tasks involve eating four meals, and he usually has a nice breakfast at home, so he's eating nine meals a day some days and . . . it shows.

Oh, and closer look at Karla's hair coming up (but if you need a collage to fully appreciate it just say the word . . .;))

@laurenannie Sorry to make you worry! I made sure the pufferfish was good quality before I let him eat it, I promise. :) Yeah, Tallulah makes it look easy. She's a natural at everything.

Chapter 68:  My Dinner with Morris

Tallulah:  Like this?

Mallory:  Yes! That’s an excellent thoughtful head cock. Now try stroking your chin with your thumb and forefinger and saying, “Hmmmm.”

Tallulah:  Hmmmmmm.

Mallory:  Nice.

Tallulah:  Will this help me play chess better?

Mallory:  No, but your opponents won’t know that.

Otto:  If anyone thought that I would not instantly take advantage of the ability to perform comedy in space, that person was very much mistaken. To the moon!

Karla:  Okay, watching comedy routine done in space. Same as comedy routine done in living room, except smaller and grainy. But I’m a supportive spouse, so I guess that makes it worth it. Maybe.

Karla:  Okay, Lula. Get ready. I’m going to parent you now.

Tallulah:  Hang on. I just need to text Jorge back. He’s been hounding me about my favorite flower all day.

Karla:  No. Now. *grits teeth* I will read you this book, and I will be good at it, because I am good at everything.

Tallulah:  Okay, whatever. Jorge will wait.

Karla:  Well, this isn’t so bad. I like how you’re gazing adoringly up at me.

Goopy:  Excuse me, Miss Thing! I’ve got a bone to pick with you.

Karla:  I am doing expert parenting right now Ghost Father-In-Law! This is not the time to mess with me!

Tallulah:  Oooh! This just got exciting!

Karla:  And just for your information, Pernille has been very annoyingly pining away for you every five seconds since you died, so you don’t even need to be coming in here with any sort of attitude when you ought to be attending to the needs of your grieving wife-now-girlfriend.

Goopy:  Really? What did she say? She mentioned me specifically?

Karla:  Who else would she mention? The woman is eternally faithful. Now, listen, you simmer down and be quiet and I’ll let you listen in on the rest of this wonderful story about unicorns or something, expertly read by me. I have been mentored by Wendell in not only music, but also animal voices, so I’m ready to roll and if you want in you’d better jump on board right now.

Seth:  I thought you were going to tell her off. What gives?

Goopy:  Oh, I’m Team Karla now. Go Karla! She’s the best!

Karla:  That’s right. Now be quiet. We’re just getting to the good part.

Goopy:  Can I come closer and see the pictures?

Karla:  No. You have to sit over there. Use your imagination. That’s what it’s for.

Karla:  Okay, now I have some quibbles with this portion of the story because it’s not entirely accurate.

Tallulah:  You mean there are parts of this tale about talking musical cats that are accurate?

Karla:  Well, no, but only the musical parts bother me. A violin is just not a typical polka instrument no matter how you pluck the strings. Really it’s all about the brass. And honestly, this rhyme scheme is a mess.

Otto:  Ow! Dang. You’d think after years and years of doing this I’d learn not to whack myself in the head with this thing. Oh well, it gives me a good idea for a microphone gag. I’d better write it down before I get to dazed to remember it.

Morris:  Hey! You made it! Welcome to the ‘burbs, city slicker!

Diego:  My, my, my. You clean up awfully nice, Morris. I hardly recognized you without your baseball cap.

Morris:  *blushes* Oh, thanks. Haven't gotten to drag the old suit out in awhile. My family asked me if I was going on a date.

Diego:  And what did you tell them?

Morris:  Oh, I said yes! It’s fun to keep them guessing.

Diego:  You do like to keep people guessing, don’t you?

Morris:  But my outfit is nothing compared to you. You’re going to be the best dressed guy in there.

Diego:  *chuckles* Oh, this? This isn’t even my formalwear.

Morris:  Oh, we don’t need to wait at the host station. They know me here. I’ve got a regular table.

Morris:  I’m so excited. I’ve never been able to share this place with anyone who could really appreciate it before.

Diego:  I’m honored to oblige.

Morris:  So I know this thing backwards and forwards, and I can make practically all of it at home. Just let me know if you have any questions.

Diego:  It’s so fun to see this side of you, Morris. You’re really in your element.

Diego:  Now, I want the pate, but keep the jus to a drizzle, if you don’t mind. I don’t want it to overwhelm the main event. Would you recommend a red or a white to pair with that? I’ve already decided what I want to drink, but I want to see if you have any idea what you’re talking about so I know if I can trust your dessert recommendation later.

Morris:  Look at you, ordering like a pro. You’re going to put me out of business.

Diego:  Well, I do put a lot of people out of business, so to speak, but don’t worry. It’s not your job I’m after.

Diego:  Morris, darling, you’re staring.

Morris:  I apologize. It’s just such a delight to watch you discovering my favorite things for the first time.

Diego:  Oh, I’m not complaining. I’m very handsome and I love being stared at. I just wanted you to know that I noticed.

Morris:  Diego, you have such a lovely voice! I had no idea.

Diego:  I’m full of surprises.

Morris:  Thank you so much for today. I can’t remember the last time I enjoyed myself like this. You’re really a great friend.

Diego:  *sigh* Yes. All right. I suppose I’ll take what I can get. For now.

Diego:  Really, I’m honored you wanted to share this with me. Tell you what, next time we’ll go to my favorite place. Sound good?

Morris:  It’s a date! *chuckles*

Morris:  That was so nice.

Morris:  I do look pretty good for my age. I bet some people in that restaurant actually thought we were a couple on a date.

Arianna:  Malllory, your dad’s new flame is so cuuuuuute! He’s got this spiky blond hair and he wears these snazzy floral suits. He’s a total catch.

Mallory:  Dad, you really are having a bit of a renaissance these days. Are you sure you can keep up with such a young guy?

Morris:  Now, now. Diego is just a friend. A very, very good friend. For whom I am baking this fruitcake, so neither of you touch it. He’s coming over later and I want everything to be perfect.

Diego:  This is a real treat to see you in your home environment, Morris. I love the cardi, too. Very Mr. Rogers. You look so at ease.

Morris:  Thank you, Diego. I mean, it’s no penthouse, but it’s home. I’m so glad you like it.

August Starnes:  Sheesh, guys. Get a room.

Morris:  Do you like the fruitcake?  Don’t tell me if you don’t, but do tell me if you do, you know? I made it especially for you.

Diego:  Morris, it’s exquisite, just like the man who baked it.

Tallulah:  I don’t know. I think it’s kind of weird.

Diego:  You’re cute, but no one asked you. Why don’t you go play on the monkey bars or do something else childlike?

Tallulah:  Okay, but only because I was going to, anyway.