Author Topic: Top Secret: The Spiffendale *Unofficial* Immortal Dynasty [COMPLETE]  (Read 168134 times)

Offline wfgodot

• ello beastie
  • Occult
Re: Top Secret: The Spiffendale Immortal Dynasty
« Reply #360 on: January 17, 2017, 05:59:44 AM »
Oh no.  I'm speechless.  I came here with smiles to reference the nod to Cam I spotted earlier.   

I could tell by your writing how much you enjoyed the Spiffendales. 

I can't think of much more to say after an announcement such as this.  I'm sad with you, I can put myself in your shoes and imagine.  I know how much you and everyone else will miss this little sim family.
Add "maice" on Origin.
Behren Blog

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #361 on: January 17, 2017, 07:44:48 AM »
Please finish the story.  Or maybe you have.  I hope your story will live on the completed stories board even if it is not Hall of Fame eligible.  It is one of the most wonderful stories I have read on this forum and it does not belong in the graveyard. 

P.S.  I saw Goopy walking down the street in my Build-A-City-Challenge file.  He is still very handsome and made my head turn.  He's married and has two purple burritos.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #362 on: January 17, 2017, 08:03:08 AM »
I'm so sorry to hear this.  I can only imagine how gutted you must feel.  :'(

If you never write another story then know that you brightened my evenings by writing this one, but I do hope you'll find it in you to do another at some point.

Hugs

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #363 on: January 17, 2017, 01:56:17 PM »
I heartily second Caterina's suggestion about finishing the story.
Would you like to know the last thing I thought about when going to bed last night?
What about the Spiffendales' big secret?

I would love to to see Lula and Thaddeus finish out their stories.
Like Caterina, I would hate to see this wonderful tale go to the graveyard.
Is there a way you could bring the story to an end, not as an immortal dynasty but as a tale about the fabulous Spiffendales?

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #364 on: January 17, 2017, 04:23:42 PM »
Yeah!  So what if it is not Hall of Fame.  Celebrate the success of your writing skills.  Your story has immortalized the Spiffendales more than any completed dynasty ever could.  Maybe I'm being selfish here because I want to read more.  We love the Spiffendales!  (sniff, sniff)

Offline Candyd

• Queen of grilled cheese
  • Occult
« Reply #365 on: January 17, 2017, 05:06:38 PM »
Oh no, so close to the end  :(
You're a very talented writer, please don't give up ! There is so much potential for more fun. The purpose is the story itself, even more than the initial challenge :)
I have your Goopy in my main saves. I play with aging off, so he's one of my sims' immortal neighbors and friends :)

Offline NexttoNormal

• Townie
  • A bit dramatic, a little insane, mostly artistic
« Reply #366 on: January 17, 2017, 05:11:25 PM »
Noo! I'm so sorry, you were so close to completing the challenge too!

Your story was excellent and I loved all of the Spiffendale clan, it's hard to see them go. I can't imagine how upsetting it must be for you.

RIP Mallory... :'(

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline wfgodot

• ello beastie
  • Occult
« Reply #367 on: January 17, 2017, 05:25:49 PM »
I agree with everyone else, you're so close to the end.  Finish Thaddeus!  It is still a Dynasty, and nearly a completed one.  They won't have to go to the GY.  You can resurrect Mallory when he's done and have all 8 right where they should be.
Add "maice" on Origin.
Behren Blog

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #368 on: January 17, 2017, 05:27:21 PM »
I agree with everyone else, you're so close to the end.  Finish Thaddeus!  It is still a Dynasty, and nearly a completed one.  They won't have to go to the GY.  You can resurrect Mallory when he's done and have all 8 right where they should be.

Would that mean that we would learn all the mystery behind the Top Secret? *dying of curiousity

Offline Alex

• Occult
« Reply #369 on: January 17, 2017, 05:42:16 PM »
I've been lurking while I slowly read through the whole thread, but today I briefly skipped to the end and saw this :( I'm really sorry, especially when you were so close to finishing.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #370 on: January 17, 2017, 07:24:09 PM »
Okay, everybody! Bring it in! Hugs! Hugs all around! @oshizu @wfgodot @Caterina @HelenP @Candyd @NexttoNormal @Alex I see you lurking in the back there. Bring it in!

You see? This is why I had to come here and post right away when tragedy struck. I knew you guys would get it. My husband got up to pee and asked me why I was crying (yes, I cried) and I told him Mallory died from hysteria and he said, "I don't know what that means." He's a lovely man, and I adore him, but he doesn't get this. You guys are the best. Thank you.

I've done a lot of thinking over the last 16 hours or so (and some sleeping. I eventually did that, too) and I realized that what's really bumming me out is losing the story. Failing the challenge and missing out on the Hall of Fame is a bummer for sure, but if that were all there was to it I could just start over right away with somebody new and try again. What's making me sad is the idea of losing this family. Even if I started over with Arianna, and had her marry J again, their kid still wouldn't be Morris who wouldn't marry Betty, because Bob and Eliza's kid would be somebody else, too. I love these guys, and I can't imagine doing this with anyone else.

Also this:
Please finish the story.  Or maybe you have.  I hope your story will live on the completed stories board even if it is not Hall of Fame eligible.  It is one of the most wonderful stories I have read on this forum and it does not belong in the graveyard. 

And this:
If you never write another story then know that you brightened my evenings by writing this one, but I do hope you'll find it in you to do another at some point.

And this:
I heartily second Caterina's suggestion about finishing the story.
Would you like to know the last thing I thought about when going to bed last night?
What about the Spiffendales' big secret?

I would love to to see Lula and Thaddeus finish out their stories.
Like Caterina, I would hate to see this wonderful tale go to the graveyard.
Is there a way you could bring the story to an end, not as an immortal dynasty but as a tale about the fabulous Spiffendales?

And this:
You're a very talented writer, please don't give up ! There is so much potential for more fun. The purpose is the story itself, even more than the initial challenge :)

And this:

Have all led me to believe that you folks wouldn't mind reading more of this story, even if it's not officially going to be a success story. Plus, I did have that whole epilogue thing planned, so there's no sense in letting Huntington Estates go to waste. It took me ages to build and I'm so looking forward to filling it up with vampire-y decor.

At first I wasn't sure how to go about this. Even though the story truly is the point for me rather than the challenge, the challenge does drive the story. So I think I've figured out a way to keep the challenge aspect running. Going forward, I'm going to adhere to the rules in every way possible except for the very obvious rule violation that occurred last night. Things are going to take a bit longer, and it means more fishing, but I think I can make it work, and it will still be very satisfying in the end. After all, according to my own Don-dictated rules for accessing the mysterious estate, all I need are eight family members related to J. He never said they had to be consecutive descendants. Plus, just a little while ago I declared that the world would never see a Spiffendale toddler, and I absolutely love it when I'm wrong.

I really hope you'll all stick with me. Thank you again for your amazing sympathy and support. This will be the only post without pictures, I promise. :)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Top Secret: The Spiffendale *Unofficial* Immortal Dynasty
« Reply #371 on: January 17, 2017, 07:47:14 PM »
YAYYYYY! (yes, I'm shouting!) *gulps down the huge lump in my throat

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #372 on: January 17, 2017, 08:03:22 PM »
Chapter 91:  The Bachelorettes

Wendell:  My new hobby is being ridiculously expressive in my gestures! Ugh! I hate fishing SOOOOOOOOOO much.

Mallory G:  Yes! I’m all fixed up and ripe for the flirting.

Thaddeus: So, uh, what’s your high score in Blic-Bloc? I don’t want to brag, but I just beat level 860 last night.

Mallory G:  Seriously? I’m as cute as this and you’re trying to impress me with your video game prowess?

Thaddeus:  I’m a geek. I got pretty eyes and high scores. Those are the tools I’m working with. Can I have your number?

Mallory G:  Ugh. Fine.

Thaddeus:  I’ll just nonchalantly type that number in here and *mwah* pretend to kiss the screen. I’m not going to actually kiss the screen because I don’t want to get any extra oils or fluids on it. I can’t have anything interfering with my mobile gaming.

Mallory G:  *yawn* Whatever. I got my makeover. I’m going home.

Thaddeus:  Okay, then! Bachelorette number two! A spicy redhead!

Thaddeus:  Wow! You really love video games! Want my Mom to give you a makeover?

Izumi:  Oh, no you did NOT!

Thaddeus:  Loves video games. Hates flirting. That’s a real heartbreaker, I gotta tell you.  See you around. Why did Mom tell me getting a romantic interest would be easy? This is torture.

Saya:  Good Morning you handsome mailbox, you! Don’t worry. I will never let anyone get in the way of our secret love!

Mailbox:  You are so getting fired today.

Thaddeus:  It’s cool. All girls hate me. It’s fine. There are plenty of solitary ways to raise my fun motive. I’ll just die alone in front of my computer screen, mourned by no one except my MySims.

Otto:  So just ten more, yeah? Then we can quit?

Arianna:  Yup. I promised. Unless I grossly miscounted, ten more should be plenty.

Wendell:  How likely is it that you grossly miscounted?

Pernille:  No probabilities! You all promised me no math!

Thaddeus:  Hmmmm. Bright pink eye shadow and goofy walk. Mom, you think you can work with this?

Tallulah:  Piece of cake! You’re talking to an artist, dear. Call her over and let’s get to work!

Rieko:  Oh, very nice indeed!

Tallulah:  Hey baby! Thanks for coming over!

Jorge:  My pleasure, darling. You sure are inviting me over a lot lately. You afraid I’m going to die or something? Trying to get my urn?

Tallulah:  *ahehehm* Uh, no. I just . . . wanted to see you .. . . a lot . . . every day.

Jorge:  You know, I’m active. I might last awhile. You should probably try and keep me alive so I can still be your unique best friend.

Tallulah:  Hey, we’ve got to pass the time somehow and I’ve run out of makeovers. If you get fatigued we can take a nap.

Rieko:  Have I mentioned how alluring I find the recitation of gaming statistics?

Thaddeus:  Well, why don’t you come over here and I’ll recount my thrilling journey through the last 50 levels of Maniac Matchums?

Rieko:  Don’t mind if i do.

Thaddeus:  And then I got a triple power-up by matching six pink floofballs in a row, and I used that power up to eliminate all the green gremlins on the entire board.

Rieko:  Whew! I’m getting the shivers!

Thaddeus:  This is going so improbably well that I think we should push our luck and go for a gold-medal date.

Rieko:  Count me in!

Thaddeus:  *Mwah* My one-and-only first kiss. I hope. My mom did about a million of these and she said it was exhausting.

Thaddeus:  Second kisses are nice, too.

Rieko:  What’s your opinion on third and fourth kisses?

Thaddeus:  I am so looking forward to forming one.

Thaddeus:  Hah! Photographic proof that video-gaming prowess does occasionally score chicks! We’re super-cute together. It’s a shame we’ll never have any babies.

Rieko:  Never say never.

Thaddeus:  No, really. I thought you knew this. I’m in a totally-full dynasty house. Unless something unthinkably awful happens I can’t have any kids.

Rieko:  Just sayin’ . . .

Thaddeus:  Oh, man! I can hardly believe it! A girlfriend! I really hope she did actually just go to the bathroom and she doesn’t just ditch me here.

Thaddeus:  Sorry about my nose. It’s kind of a family heirloom, but I’m still working out how to do kissing without poking you in the eye.

Rieko:  I don’t mind. I think it’s cute.

Thaddeus:  Whee!

Rieko:  *thwak!*

Thaddeus:  Hey, after this you want to continue pushing our luck and go for the first level of Soul Mate?

Rieko:  You know it!

Both:  Yes! Teen life!

Rieko:  Oooh. Nice form!

Thaddeus:  Nice Romantic whim completion, you mean!

Thaddeus: *splutter* I think I'm in love!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #373 on: January 17, 2017, 09:16:17 PM »
Oh no! I just saw the word "Unofficial" and I knew something was wrong. I think I feel worse about your Spiffendales than I do about my Zargons and Bairds.

But I like your approach. So Thaddeus is Gen 7 and there will be a Spiffendale toddler? That seems right somehow.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline wfgodot

• ello beastie
  • Occult
« Reply #374 on: January 17, 2017, 11:21:35 PM »
I'm glad you're going to stick with it.  I know how you feel about your virtual family.  I miss mine when I'm not home.  You spend so much time babysitting the helpless little things!  And you are right.  Even with the same founder it won't be the same family and it's awful to imagine starting again without the descendents you come to love.

I'm excited to see everything you planned for at the end.

Jorge is so funny calling Tallulah out on his urn.  I love seeing your sense of humor over this whole thing come out in Thaddeus too.  Nah, nothing will happen.  No need to talk about babies, nope.
Add "maice" on Origin.
Behren Blog

anything