Author Topic: Top Secret: The Spiffendale *Unofficial* Immortal Dynasty [COMPLETE]  (Read 168060 times)

Offline wfgodot

• ello beastie
  • Occult
Re: Top Secret: The Spiffendale *Unofficial* Immortal Dynasty
« Reply #420 on: February 03, 2017, 02:36:11 PM »
I agree with oshizu about Otto in the bathroom!  As if it wasn't silly enough he was playing with toys, he's got three grown men mentoring him in it. 

And I feel the same about the toddlers.  And it just happens so fast!  One second she is just fine.  Suddenly she is ravenous and has to go potty all at once.  And so she throws a fit, and I'm just waiting for her to be done so we can get on with it.  She spends 90% of the time in her pajamas because I'm so distracted I can't even change her clothes.  And it seems a little buggy.  Sometimes I'll tell somebody to bathe her or read her a story, and they pick her up and stand there for an hour before setting her down and walking off.  Other times I tell one sim to do something and they won't even move because one of the others has already decided to "check toddler".  I'm just a hot mess with her, but it's getting better now that she's maxed movement, potty.  Also I tend to leave her on the tablet for hours.  Eek.

Man, I really loved how Arianna was insisting on keeping Mal's urn at the table.  Wendell makes a valid point of course.  I also love how you turned her chair black.  Such a thoughtful watcher.  But the whole situation is very sincere and sweet, and I'm glad Arianna isn't done with Mal yet.

Loved Thad and Akito, and Thad trying to read Cressida the book through the wall.  Hey it's all he knows! 
Add "maice" on Origin.
Behren Blog

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #421 on: February 03, 2017, 03:09:59 PM »
Find a Daddy!  How sweet!  Cressida does not disappoint.

The Ambrosia ceremony with Mallory's urn was very special.

I'm happy Akita is pursuing Thaddeus.  I think Thaddeus just needs a little nudge.  He is probably still just as unsure and confused about the whole situation as he was in the beginning.  True love will find a way.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline NexttoNormal

• Townie
  • A bit dramatic, a little insane, mostly artistic
« Reply #422 on: February 03, 2017, 04:03:46 PM »
Oh Akito, so devious! Thadd isn't off the hook either, how will Reiko feel if she finds out about this!

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #423 on: February 06, 2017, 01:21:59 PM »
@oshizu Thanks! Yup, Akito knows how to work his wardrobe efficiently! Glad you enjoyed Thad's attempts to be suave. He made me giggle.
The bathroom scene cracked me up. Took some fancy camera-work to get a shot of it, but it was worth it! I guess designated caregivers don't care who they're mentoring! They're just compelled to mentor!

@wfgodot Teehee. Otto is constantly playing with toys. He's got at least three in his inventory at all times. Nobody else has ever cared before, though, so I'm sure he was quite surprised. :)
Yeah, I'm relieved to have the toddler stage over with for now. I'm sure I'll get better at it as time goes by, but yikes. The constant barrage of "check toddler" is defnitely a problem. I started taking her out of the house just to get her away from her army of caregivers. I'm not sure if it's my overburdened home lot or too many loving grandparents, but Cressida spent a fair amount of time paralyzed by too much love all at once.
Glad you liked the shrine to Mallory. Not sure what we'll do when we need the chair, but that's a question for another day.

@Caterina True love will find a way, indeed! Watcher is a hopeless romantic, so I'm definitely going to find a way to make it work. I'm glad you're enjoying the journey getting there, though. :)

@NexttoNormal Yeah, man. Nobody tell Rieko! It's all definitely coming to a head very soon.

Chapter 101:  The First One is Free

Thaddeus:  *smooch* Night-night, princess.

Thaddeus:  Look, I know I’m sending you mixed signals and I apologize, but . . . you really shouldn’t sleep in my bed.

Akito:  Well, it’s either this or napping in the hot tub, and that means changing into my-

Thaddeus:  No! Not Phase Three again, please. I’m too weak for Phase Three.

Akito:  Lovely evening.

Rieko:  Homewrecker. I know what you’re up to.

Akito:  Me? Nah. I’m much more of the homemaker type. Incidentally, I know what you’re up to as well.

Rieko:  Saving my marriage?

Akito:  Nope. The other thing.

Rieko:  You don’t know what you’re talking about.

Akito:  Don’t I? My Dad worked at the agency. He’s still got some connections there. The Spiffendales have gotten sloppy. They should have spotted you a mile away, but they’re complacent, even after what you did to Mallory.

Rieko:  You can’t prove that was me.

Akito:  No. And I don’t plan to. But they’re my family now, and I won’t let you hurt them again.

Rieko:  What are you going to do? Hang out in that hot tub until Cressida’s an elder?

Akito:  If I have to. I look amazing in my swimsuit, so it’s win-win. Regardless of what happens between Thaddeus and I now, you’d better believe I’m going to protect my baby girl with my life. Your work is done here, so you might as well just leave while you can.

Rieko:  *sneers* Thanks for the tip, Other Daddy.

Akito:  The first one’s free. The next one you pay for.

Cressida:  Wunning! Wunning wunning!

Thaddeus:  How are you such a charmer already? You’re already friends with this gardener lady and you just sat down.

Gardener:  She’s really sweet.

Cressida:  Taco!

Thaddeus:  Ah, yes. A lovely outing in the park where things are not impossibly, horribly awkward and sad.

Watcher:  Look, it was either this or sit at home and watch your poor daughter be overwhelmed by the sheer number of caretakers bearing down on her. I feel like she would have been top-notch ages ago if people would have just stopped bugging her.

Thaddeus:  She’ll make it okay, though?

Watcher:  Oh yeah. A couple more laps around the fountain and she’ll be done. Then you can worry about your other problems.

Thaddeus:  Why are my other problems having such friendly chit-chat with each other?

Watcher:  Search me. I feel like they’re having a politeness contest.

Thaddeus:  Who’s winning?

Watcher:  You know the answer to that. The one who loves your baby the best will always win. Look at him!

Thaddeus:  He’s such a great dad. He’s the fun dad and the dad you go to with a boo-boo. I’m just the broody conflicted dad who’s always programming.

Watcher:  Hey! Stop right there. You’re a great dad, too. She’ll understand when she’s older that you’ve done just as much as he has to make her happy. He is way better than you at piggy-back rides, though.

Thaddeus:  You get half a thank you for that.

Watcher:  I’ll take it.

Akito:  Thad! Thad! Do I have something on my back?

Thaddeus:  Oh, my gosh! Yes! I think it’s a horrible monster! You’d better spin around really fast and shake it off!

Cressida:  *squeals*

Thaddeus:  You two are so silly. Okay, baby girl, better get home. It’s our birthday!

Thaddeus:  About freaking time! I’m so tired of being a Young Adult. I really hope this candle-blowing comes with a lot of wisdom and self-assuredness.

Watcher:  Awww. Nope. You’re still angelic. Oh, well! Makeover time!

Watcher:  Oh, man. I love it. You’re like, almost grizzled.

Thaddeus:  Is that hot?

Watcher:  Oh, yes. You look like a zombie hunter. Do you want some stubble?

Thaddeus:  Not just yet. I like my baby face.

Watcher:  *sigh* Yeah, me too.

Thaddeus:  Don’t you start. I already have enough people fighting for my affections.

Watcher:  Shut you mouth. I’m married.

Thaddeus:  Yeah, so am I.

Watcher:  I’m also three-dimensional. It would never work between us.

Thaddeus:  Another doomed romance for Thaddeus! Must be Tuesday.

Watcher:  At least you’ve still got your sense of humor!

Akito:  Hey, guys! Having a nice fight?

Thaddeus:  Yes. It’s amazing. One of our best.

Rieko:  Why is he always here when we’re screaming at each other?

Thaddeus:  Why are we always screaming at each other? Maybe it’s the screaming that’s the problem. Did you ever consider that?

Thaddeus:  Look, we need, like, six more romantic gestures and then we’re done. Can we just . . . for old times sake?

Rieko:  *fumes*

Thaddeus:  Ugh. My head. Salma, do you give advice?

Salma:  No, sir. I’m afraid not. Sims 3 butlers did, but I think it was usually less than helpful. If you’d like a similar experience, you could consider purchasing a future cube.

Thaddeus:  ‘Kay. Thanks.

Thaddeus:  Birfday time, baby! Birfday!

Cressida:  Cake!

Thaddeus:  Yes, but first the sparkles, okay?

Thaddeus:  My magical little girl!

Cressida:  Working it!

Seth:  Okay, I was using that.

Cressida:  We literally bought this bed five seconds ago and you’re already crying it out in there? Rethink your afterlife choices, man. And do it in another room, because I’ve got school tomorrow and I’m bushed.

Seth:  Oh, I see the new one has moxy. All right, then.

Rieko:  Morning, sweetie! You look so cute in your pajamas. Having a nice breakfast?

Thaddeus:  Um, hey . . . You’re being . . . very nice this morning. I guess I should try not to let that make me suspicious. That’s probably unhealthy. Listen I’m probably going to get my last promotion today, and then we should sit down and talk. Can you come over later?

Rieko:  Anything for you, snookums!

Thaddeus:  Yeah, that’s just weird.

Cressida:  Everybody step aside. Here comes trouble.

Cressida:  I’m having fun, Grandma A, but why did we come all the way out here to Oasis Springs for me to play on the jungle gym? We have one practically in our backyard at home.

Arianna:  Because this makes that set of pictures with Thaddeus declaring himself to be the last Spiffendale to ever play pirate not a lie. Now run along and kill some space monsters, okay dear?

Cressida:  Don’t have to tell me twice!

Morris:  Oof. Check out Akito back there. He’s not looking too good.

Arianna:  I see him. I guess now that Cressida’s not a toddler he’s not mysteriously tied to the house, anymore. I bet he’s lonely.

Morris:  We should invite him to dinner. I like having him around.

Arianna:  Okay, but not tonight. Thad and Rieko are going to have “the talk.”

Morris:  Yikes. Maybe I’ll invite myself to dinner at Akito’s house.

Watcher:  Wow. Okay, then. I see they went the full Steve Jobs with the career uniform this time. Nice drapey turtleneck, dude.

Thaddeus:  If that is your way of congratulating me on my promotion, then thank you.

Watcher:  So . . . now what?

Thaddeus:  Now I change my clothes.

Watcher:  There we go! There’s my boy! Let’s get to divorcin’, shall we?

Thaddeus:  You’re heartless.

Watcher:  You’re dragging your feet. You’re a foot-dragger. Get over it. Happiness awaits.

Thaddeus:  But first, ineffable sadness.

Watcher:  You’re extremely cute when you’re sad. You know this! I should have made you gloomy.

Akito:  So, I’m giving him space because I know he has to talk to Rieko still and all, but has he mentioned me? Does he look sad? How long do you think I should give him? I don’t want to be pushy, but you know me. I don’t beat around the bush.

Otto:  I just came out here to collect some frogs.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #424 on: February 06, 2017, 02:13:14 PM »
So many wonderful one-liners--maybe I'll just quote your whole page and be done with it?

Haha, Thaddeus and his Phase-Three weakness. I loved his self-description as a broody, self-conflicted daddy who programs all the time.
Does the broody self-conflict come with the eyes? Because he sure didn't inherit that from Tallulah...

Oooh, so how can Akito resist telling the Spiffendales that Rieko is an agent of destruction?

I really like Thaddeus' new adult look. I even liked him in that career-outfit turtleneck. He's slender enough that it looks baggy on him---noice!
Akito and Otto sitting at the bench--reminds me of so many listening sessions with friends who are going through the "do you think he likes me" cycle?
Akito should have asked Morris since Morris appreciates and like Akito. Otto, apparently, not so much...

Cressida is utterly delightful in her black-and-white striped overalls and white-flowered tights. You go, girl!
I'm feeling I'd like to see a collage though cuz I haven't seen a good close-up of her yet...am I being too needy?

Offline wfgodot

• ello beastie
  • Occult
« Reply #425 on: February 06, 2017, 03:09:34 PM »
Wow what a packed chapter.  I keep trying to compliment you and then backspace cause wait, there was something else I wanted to say before that!

But wow, Rieko takes the blame for Mallory.  I am with oshizu.  Ready to sock her in the face and demand Akito let everyone know whats going on!

Cressida is cute but man... Seeing her run with that concrete wall thing right there just has me cringing.  Please don't fall and bust your face.  But otherwise they are all so adorable in the park, especially Akito.

And now she's a child.  She has the nose!? 

Watching Akito looking so sad in the background is actually rather upsetting.  Suddenly he's not a constant presence anymore and I'm disappointed.  Like, it's really kind of heartbreaking how he got in so far with the family and suddenly he's out and he appears to know it, too!  Please, Watcher, please save him.  He was so cute asking Otto if Thad has talked about him at all.  Now I can't wait to see what you have planned with the coming banishing of Rieko.

(also I think it's beyond adorable that Otto keeps toys in his inventory!  And he's trying to look for frogs, bless him!)

Um, where is Wendell.

Add "maice" on Origin.
Behren Blog

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
« Reply #426 on: February 07, 2017, 06:20:05 AM »
So I'm finally all caught up. In a way, I wish the title hadn't be changed to 'un-official' because I was waiting for something bad to happen. But when it happened I was prepared for it, but it was still incredibly sad. I love how you picked up the pieces and carried on with the story anyways. And everything since has been perfect in every way. I'm so, soo glad Thaddeus has the insane trait so we get to hear from the watcher, too. :)
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #427 on: February 07, 2017, 03:58:52 PM »
@oshizu Ask and you shall receive!

The broodiness must come from Salim and his angsty writer-ness, but I'm suprised to say it has to be unrelated to the eyes. Cressida's got them and she's all sass and skepticism. Not a whiff of ennui. :)

My feelings on Akito keeping mum is that he has no actual proof and that his credibility is pretty low at the moment due to his very obvious ulterior motives. I also think the doesn't want to hurt Thad and the family any more than he has to, so he'd decided to try and protect them as much as possible without rubbing it in their faces, you know?

I think it's the bootcut jeans combined with the turtleneck that really bother me. And the sneakers. At any rate, he changes the second he gets home. Poor Thad. You can retire as soon as you hit elder, I promise.

@wfgodot Yeah, man. That park was not planned with toddlers in mind. Fortunately, EA decided not to add in any "smacks face on hard object" animations. Now that would be a tantrum!
See for yourself, but I'm pretty sure The Nose lives on. :)
Wendell is so lucky to have you. I've honestly started taking extra shots of him just in case I can fit them in somewhere for you. None made it into the last chapter, but I have a few saved up coming soon.

@Whirligig Oh, gosh! Yes, you missed the madness. Hope you didn't have to read too far with that impending sense of dread. :/ I'm glad you're glad about Thad's insanity. Sometimes I think he is not so happy about it, but I'm definitely enjoying myself. :)

Chapter 102:  Unsavory

Cressida:  While I enjoy the Circle of Protection aspect of this, I can’t help but feel that you’re all just avoiding helping me with my homework.

Arianna:  When the ambrosia calls, we answer. Simple as that. Ask Salma for help.

Arianna:  Lula. Phone.

Tallulah:  Sorry sorry. Just a sec.

Arianna:  Who is even texting you? All your friends are dead.

Tallulah:  They still have phones!

Arianna:  Yeah, what is the deal with that?

Wendell:  Well, seems to me the big problem now is what to do for Cressida’s museum items. We’re fresh out of wall space.

Arianna:  We could set up another table and have her do camping mascots. She’ll need handiness for the criminal career.

Tallulah:  That means we’ll get to go camping again to get the blueprint! Woot! I’d better find a new tent buddy!

Morris:  Wait, criminal career? Our sweet baby angel is going to be a hardened criminal?

Arianna:  Well, all we have left for unique aspirations are the unsavory ones. She’s got to do Public Enemy and, I think Grilled Cheese. So the unsavory and the extra-savory.

Pernille:  That’s too bad. I can tell she’s already a little self-conscious about her tummy.

Otto:  Yeah, but she’s active, she’ll be fine. She’ll take it off in no time.

Morris:  I don’t know where she got it from. Both of her dads are fit as fiddles!

Arianna:  I think she’s beautiful.

Wendell:  What about The Curator?

Arianna:  We’re all doing that one. I’ve done the math-

*collective groan*

Arianna:  Yes, yes. Math is awful. Moving on, we’re doing pretty well on angelfish since we had that good fishing day last week, but we still need at least ten more Potions of Youth so we’re going to have to get down on our knees and do some digging.

Wendell:  Am I a slow eater? I feel like I’m always the last one in here.

Pernille:  I do it on purpose. It’s nice to have a few moments of peace after everyone else leaves.

Watcher:  Okay, very graceful but . . . .why? Just . . .why? There are a million other places you could nap. But no! We can only use the one talking toilet for our bladder needs, and the only acceptable place to sleep is the bush. I swear, you guys . . .

Thaddeus:  Hey.

Rieko:  You got it, then?

Thaddeus:  My promotion? Yeah.

Rieko:  So you’re really doing this? You’re just casting me aside?

Thaddeus:  Listen, I’ve been thinking about this. A lot. Like, a lot a lot. And I just . . . I don’t think we need to be too hard on ourselves. We really tried hard to make it work. You’ve been amazing. You did all those dates and interactions with me under really extremely awkward circumstances.

Rieko:  But it’s still not enough for you?

Thaddeus:  I think we both know it isn’t working. You can blame me if you want to. It’s mostly my fault. But I want you to know I don’t blame you.

Rieko:  No?

Thaddeus:  Rieko, we were kids when me met. We fell in love when the Dynasty was still going as planned. We were just supposed to be able to do our thing, throw a few parties, become soul mates and coast our way to the finish. And then Grandma Mal died and everything changed. I changed. I’m not the guy you fell in love with, anymore.

Rieko:  I still love you.

Thaddeus:  Do you? I put you through hell. I cheated on you. Proposed to you and married you with another man’s baby in my belly. I became this sort of crazed machine, just trying to do whatever it took to get the dynasty back on track and I didn’t care who I had to steamroll to get it done. But what I realize now is that . . . it’s broken. It’s broken and I can’t fix it. And I can’t fix us.

Rieko:  You could try.

Thaddeus:  No. I can’t. I just can’t, anymore, Rieko. I’m sorry. I’m just . . . I’m tired of pretending I can make things the way they were. What we had was beautiful. We were really happy for a very brief time, but it’s gone, and I wish I could bring it back, I do, but I can’t. I can’t be that guy, anymore. I can only be who I am now. I’m really sorry I dragged it out for as long as I did. I’m sorry I made you suffer. You didn’t deserve that. Now I think it’s time for us to just cut our losses and see if we can still find happiness apart from each other.

Rieko:  That’s so easy for you to say, Thad! You’ve got Captain Sexy McSwimtrunks. He’s probably outside the gate right now ready to jump into a bush with you! What about me? What am I supposed to do?

Thaddeus:  I don’t know. I wish I had an answer for you. I’m sorry. And I’m sorry about Akito. I know that didn’t make things any easier for you. I just . . . he’s what I need right now.

Rieko:  I’m sorry, too. I’m sorry I can’t be what you need. I thought I could. I thought if I could just show you I could then . . .

Thaddeus:  Well, I still need friends. I mean, take some time, but . . . if you’re up for it. You’ve always been a good friend to me, and I hope that doesn’t have to change.

Rieko:  We’ll see. Let me think about it.

Thaddeus:  You got it.

Rieko:  So . . . divorced?

Thaddeus:  Divorced.

Rieko:  Wow. I’m really sad.

Thaddeus:  Me, too. I’m going to go to bed and cry it out. Take care of yourself, okay?

Rieko:  You mind if I stick around for a bit and use your closet?

Thaddeus:  Be my guest. It’s the least I can do.

Watcher:  Ouch. Sorry, Rieko.

Eduardo:  Hey, man. You look down. Lady troubles?

Thaddeus:  You could say that.

Eduardo:  Been there, dude. Been there.

Thaddeus:  Do not even think about mocking my work turtleneck right now.

Watcher:  How do you always know what I’m thinking? I’m supposed to be the omniscient one around here!

Thaddeus:  So . . . hey.

Akito: Hey.

Thaddeus:  I’m still pretty sad . . .

Akito:  I noticed. It’s driving me wild.

Thaddeus:  *blushes* Okay, but just . . . do you mind if we just hang today? I’m not really up for anything else.

Akito:  Of course, Thad. I just like to be with you. You know that. No expectations.

Thaddeus:  You really are the best.

Akito:  ‘Bout time you figured that out.

Akito:  Hey kitten. Homework done?

Cressida:  You know it!

Akito:  That’s my little genius! What are we working on now? Typing?

Cressida:  Yes! I am totally Commanding this Keyboard!

Akito:  Command away, little one!

Cressida:  Hey, are you and Dad married yet?

Akito:  Give us a couple days, hon. We’re working on it.

Cressida:  Sheesh. You two and your emotions. Just get on with it!

Watcher:  Holy smokes! A randomly generated townie who actually looks good! Get it, Random Lady! Welcome to the first episode of Townie Street Style!  I’m going to make Thaddeus be good friends with you solely based on your ability to pull off those mustard boots!

Watcher:  Ugh. Stop. I feel bad enough already!

Cressida:  Hey! Nice to meet you! I’m Cressida. I’m working on my social aspiration and I need to meet new people. What’s your name?

Rieko:  Oh! Oh, hey, Cressida. I’m Rieko.

Cressida:  Oh! That’s funny. My Dad’s ex-wife is named Rieko.

Rieko:  Heh heh. Yeah. Funny. Small world.

Akito:  Hey, champ. How you holding up?

Thaddeus:  Sad, but getting there. Hugs help.

Akito:  I’ve got plenty of those, and if you want to sneak in an embrace or two now and then, I won’t tell.

Tallulah:  I will.

Thaddeus:  Back off, Mom.

Cressida:  Wheee!

Cressida:  Wow. You must have pretty good motor skill for a random townie if you can hang out up here with me.

Blonde Pony:  Well, pretty much all I ever do is hang out in parks playing so I’ve picked up a thing or two.

Thaddeus:  So how did you make it through the randomizer with such success?  I mean, I’ve complimented a lot of people’s outfits before, but this is one of the only times I’ve been sincere about it.

Akito:  Seriously. A plus. Love your grey streaks, by the way.

Random Townie:  Honestly, I have no idea. I mean, there were some pretty wild vampire hairs in there and somehow I ended up with this cute little bob. You know as much as I do.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #428 on: February 07, 2017, 04:34:48 PM »
I've seen very few random townies make it out with good looks. She looks great.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #429 on: February 07, 2017, 04:35:16 PM »
Thank you for Cressida's collage! From where I'm sitting, she seems to be all Thaddeus. Are her eyes the same color as Akito's?

I might be in sim-love with Akito, lol. And yay, Akito's parental love and his devotion to Thaddeus win out in the end! *sighs happily

Of course, your Watcher's entitled to scoff at your career uniform, silly Thaddeus. Aren't you wearing a mock turtleneck? (Ewww, that was bad but I couldn't help myself...)
Awww, Rieko. But I really don't feel bad for her...  Maybe send Wendell to console Rieko or is he still banned from fraternizing with the younger generations?
May be he could just cheer her up with a towel dance?

And last but not least, cheers to you, Thaddeus, for maxing your career! (You're so right, Watcher--those bellbottoms need to go!)
May you now concentrate on enjoying your life with Cressida and Thad and potion-farming.

I love that Thad's going to choose his good friends based on their randomized fashion decisions! A blue-blooded descendant of Morris Spiffendale, for sure!

Offline Alex

• Occult
« Reply #430 on: February 07, 2017, 04:38:13 PM »
Wow, Cressida and Rieko really hadn't met yet? Yeah, that marriage wasn't going to work out, was it? I feel bad for her all the same, though.

Offline wfgodot

• ello beastie
  • Occult
« Reply #431 on: February 07, 2017, 05:50:46 PM »
So much feels.  Well done!

She definitely has the nose :D  And nice work on Thaddeus's career.

I loved the very first shot with all the elders teleporting but I couldn't help but notice the one and only elder not there!  On the other hand, he was utterly adorable asking Pernille if he's a slow eater.  Haha.  And so what if you are, no judging.

Oh Cressida, you look perfectly all right to me like any other child.  I'll be looking forward to seeing the grilled cheese aspiration.  I love how Arianna described her future aspirations as both the unsavory and extra-savory.  Really cute!

Thaddeus's conversation with Rieko was pretty sweet!  Makes me forget about what Akito called her out on before.  But I loved Thad's reasoning - that the family changed, the dynasty changed, and he's changed too.  While it was pretty awful to lose Mal, I have to give you props for working things out like this.  It feels like it was meant to be and it's super interesting/wonderful/awesome/etc. 

I thoroughly enjoyed Eduardo relating to Thad's girl troubles, hehe.  But of course the best part was him and Akito.  So much wonderful hugging.  So much wonderful talking.  I want more.  Akito "it's driving me wild."  I love it.

Also I'm really honored to hear you're taking more pictures of Wendell! 

Add "maice" on Origin.
Behren Blog

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #432 on: February 08, 2017, 12:38:24 PM »
@sdhoey I know! It's practically a miracle! My good luck doesn't hold out, though, and I've had to batch fix the cc since then to prevent townies from wearing it. They come up with the wildest combinations.

@oshizu Yeah, mostly Thaddeus, though I think you're right that she's got Akito's eye color. I'm a little in sim-love with Akito, too. His eyebrow game is unmatched.
Oh, my gosh! Mock turtleneck! That is a keeper! You are too much! LOL.
Had to laugh at the thought of Wendell consoling Rieko. Now there's an idea!

@Alex Yeah, I mean. She had plenty of opportunities when Cressida was a toddler. She was over all the time. Love Thaddeus, love his baby. They were pretty much doomed. I feel kind of bad about it, too, though. She stayed sad forever.

@wfgodot Thank you so much! I tried hard to make it seem natural and not quite as callous as I felt. I do think it makes sense, and Thaddeus and Akito just need to be together. My heart demands it.
Cressida is awesome and very cute, but she does have that little girl tummy that tends to indicate she'll grow up with a little extra to love. I blame all that lobster thermidor I had her eat as a toddler. :) I'm making fitness one of her skills to max, though, mostly because I've never had anyone max it before and I feel bad about the sad, unused gym in the house. So, she'll probably be working out until she gets hungry, then eating a grilled cheese sandwich, then working out some more. It will all balance out. :)
Hopefully you will be happy about the levels of Wendell coming up!

Chapter 103:  You Know How It Is

Watcher:  Townie Street Style Episode Two! That hair, girl. Work it!

Thaddeus:  Hi.

Akito:  Hey, handsome. How you feeling today?

Thaddeus:  Happy.

Akito:  For real?

Thaddeus:  Yeah. I’m actually happier than I’ve been in a very long time. Can we talk?

Akito:  I’d like nothing more.

Thaddeus:  So, I just, I feel like things are falling into place. I’ve even got six good friends. Rieko’s still one of them, if you can believe that.

Akito:  Oh! Well that’s . . . nice?

Thaddeus:  It is. Kind of. She keeps calling me up to invite me to crazy parties at the bluffs, so I guess she’s living her life, and I’m happy about that.

Tallulah:  Hey boys.

Thaddeus:  Yes.

Tallulah:  Yes, what?

Thaddeus:  Yes, you’re interrupting.

Tallulah:  Well, you’re stalling. Akito, if you get tired of waiting on this one, remember there’s a houseful of Spiffendale ladies waiting in the wings.

Thaddeus:  MOM!

Tallulah:  Seize the day, Thad. Sheesh. Life is shorter than you think.

Thaddeus:  Okay, I’m just going to go for it. Akito, will you be my boyfriend? Please.

Akito:  What am I, a fool? Yes, of course I will!

Thaddeus:  Sweet! Ugh. I was so nervous!

Akito:  Take a load off, Thad. It’s time to relax. You’ve earned it.

Thaddeus:  So you want to um . . . take a nap?

Akito:  You mean I have permission to sleep in your bed now?

Thaddeus:  *blushes* Sort of.

Cressida:  My Dads sure take a lot of naps. It’s a wonder they get anything done.

Wendell: It’s just . . it’s incredible! It’s such a marvel! It talks. It massages. It plays videos. I just don’t think I can ever bring myself to use another toilet. Even if my bladder is extraordinarily full and I’m on the other side of the house.

Salma:  Master Thaddeus? You breakfast is prepared. Would you like me to  . . . I’ll just pop this in the oven to keep it warm. You two carry on.

Wendell:  So . . . criminal mastermind in the making, eh?

Cressida:  In my mind, Grampa Wendell, I’m already there.

Wendell:  Oooh! I’m scared of you.

Cressida: No need, Gwenda. We’re on the same team.

Cressida:  I mean, I can already manifest entire solar systems with my mind, heading an organized crime operation should be a walk in the park.

Watcher:  Oh, Salma. Never change.

Wendell:  Okay, 4.75 . .. .watch your fingering . . .4.98 . . .relax your neck . . ..that’s 5 hours! Pernille, you’re up! Mentoring switch!

Pernille:  On it!

Pernille:  Very nice brush strokes, dear, just make sure you’re paying attention to the rule of thirds, your composition could be tighter.

Arianna:  Thanks for taking over the artistic mentoring, Pernille. You’re a real champ.

Pernille:  It feels odd. I don’t want to replace Grandma Mal.  When I autonomously took up painting I didn’t realize I’d have to step into her role like this.

Thaddeus:  You’re doing great, Grandma. We all really appreciate it.

Wendell:  You got this, baby.

Akito:  Phew! Lovely day for an outing in the park, huh?

Thaddeus:  *ahem* Yes. Surprising amount of stars at this time of day. Good think we stepped into the observatory to check them out.

Akito:  Mmm hmm.

Thaddeus:  You think Cressida saw us?

Akito:  Nah. She’s over there cloud gazing with her latest adult friend.

Thaddeus:  In that case . . . I don’t think I’ve kissed your hand recently.

Akito:  Better rectify that situation right away.

Thaddeus:  Okay, now that that’s out of the way . . .*deep breath*

Thaddeus:  How’d you like to make an honest baby daddy out of me? And also yourself, I guess.

Akito:  Thad, honey! I thought you’d never ask!

Akito:  Very nice man-sized rock, too! Excellent choice, dear!

Thaddeus:  Wait . . . are you . . .?

Akito:  Nah. Pssh. Pollen. You know how it is.

Thaddeus:  You sensitive soul, you.

Akito:  Shut up. You are. *sniff*

Izumi:  You know, I almost dated your Dad.

Cressida:  Whew! Dodged a bullet, there. I mean, I love him, but the guy’s an emotional wreck.

Akito:  Hey! There you are. You’ve been in here awhile.

Thaddeus:  Oh yeah! The trash can was just congratulating me on our engagement.

Akito:  I keep forgetting you’re genuinely insane. Wow, you’re adorable.

Thaddeus:  Don’t listen to him, trash can. He appreciates your thoughtfulness as much as I do.

Tallulah:  Okay, then! The crystals down here are taking forever to spawn. Let’s do this! For science! And points!

Watcher:  Street Style, Alien Edition! Yeah . . . time for a batch fix.

Cressida:  Ugh. You guys are such dorks. Stop kissing. You’re gross.

Thaddeus:  Akito? Do you see any gross dorks around here?

Akito:  Not I. I mean, I’m looking, but I just see a couple of sweet, newly-engaged daddies.

Cressida:  Ugh.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #433 on: February 08, 2017, 01:14:36 PM »
Yet another fantastic update!

I cracked up when Lula showed up at the wrong moment to remind Akito of "the houseful of Spiffendale ladies waiting in the wings."
Awww, Thaddeus and Akito are so meant to be together. They are now the eternal honeymooners, lol.
Cressida is so funny--she notices much more than her daddies realize and is so not down with their blissful PDAs.

One can always count on the aliens to be the first to snatch up the newest cc one has acquired yet has been waiting for the right moment to properly unveil. *shakes fist
Your sims and the talking toilet!

Thaddeus looks the cutest ever in this chapter. Happy really suits him. :D

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #434 on: February 08, 2017, 03:24:04 PM »
That alien was so rockin those bunny ears. LOL the best.

I'm happy that Thaddeus is with his guy.

Wendell never fails to please us.

anything