Author Topic: The Mori Legacy: A Frenzy of Forests [Completed 2017/01/20]  (Read 132055 times)

Offline KRae

• Watcher
Re: The Mori Legacy: Double Trouble (new 08/06)
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2016, 04:47:42 PM »
I'm reading now too, and you know I'll vote. I don't have the sims 4, but my daughter does and I watched her play a bit while I was visiting. It gave me a lot better understanding of the game.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2016, 06:43:59 PM »
@FrancescaFiori @Joria  @KRae

First of all, thank you so much for volunteering to vote, friends! *exhales a sigh of relief

Francesca,
Haha, compared to my Apocalypse Challenge which had so much shirtlessness, I found it rather jarring that Kaoru would suddenly be shirtless at his birthday party.
Of course, it's one of his everyday outfits so I was surprised but not that surprised, hehe.
This time, I somehow ended up with a household of five female sims to two male sims. That will need to be corrected in a future generation.
Oooh, I appreciate your reminding me how hard some of the deaths are! I don't think I've ever achieved half of them! Did you use an animal hat to get the sim dazed?

Joria,
Regarding promotions, it's possible to get promoted in one day at the lower levels but at least two days at the upper levels. Jobs with lots of work days are fastest.
With Connections, one starts at Level 4 and needs six promotions. That works out to about 12 work days--about 2.5 weeks.
I've been less lucky with the wife, Anita, who's in Patron of the Arts. Besides the fact that she works a lot less, she requires A LOT of supervision.
Last sim-week, she had her massage, drank her Essence of Inspired, then headed for the door. When I went to confirm she was in Work Hard mode, I found her gardening.
After that, I couldn't send her to work and she took a huge hit (I thought she'd reach L9 that day).
So, yes, zipping along with 2-day promotions. The Apocalypse Challenge was very limiting and didn't allow the Scientist career and clubs (but players are free to play as they choose).
The club's networked perk, rally the troops, massage/baths from the very start, and the cloning of cowplant stuff make for much easier promotions.

I actually don't play ahead, Joria. I take screenshots as I play and jot down notes about the shots. Once I get to a good narrative break, I stop and write it up.
I'm never farther than a few sim-days past my update. Also about the points, I'm not willing to kill myself or my gaming pleasure for a high score.
If the scoring takes me too far out of my happy zone, I'll just accept fewer points. Like, I can't see myself getting full score for the 11 types of death.
And I'm not throwing 334 social events for full points in that category, either.

KRae
It feels like so long since I've read any of your fabulous stories. I hope you are enjoying your summer!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2016, 07:00:48 PM »
I think it's a bit more difficult for me since I'm doing the no buy twist, so no massage table.  Only just in the process of growing a cow plant and can clone everything clon-able but am limited by the rules as to what potions I can use at the moment.  In any case I'm really enjoying this story and the way you are playing it.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2016, 08:25:40 PM »
I tried both stuffing the tailpipe of the rocketship and the Weaponized Joke to get Sims dazed before having them fix leaky dishwashers, but neither worked. I think you might need to get them dazed specifically from electrical shock to get them to die from electric shock. It's very difficult!
I don't usually kill off Sims intentionally, either, so getting those particular points is hard for me, too. Even the drowning was hard. I lured a neighbor into the pool, built walls around it, and left him, but he kept resetting himself outside the pool when I built the walls, so I had to try several times. He kept coming back every day when I invited him, though, poor fool. I felt so bad about the whole thing that I couldn't bring myself to release his spirit to the underworld, either, so his ghost has been hanging around for generations, making puddles everywhere. :p

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2016, 10:53:40 PM »
Well, I'm reading, oshizu, even if I don't usually comment, and I'd be happy to vote when the time comes. Your stories are always entertaining and your families fun. Congrats on the kids, may they have lots of fun, and congrats on Kaoru's near career completion. I don't know if you're doing this but the Scientist career can be completed without joining the sim. One of my Dynasty founders completed the career in two weeks without my ever having to join him.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2016, 01:21:12 PM »
Two things I want to get out of the way: 1) I've never been a fan of Godzilla (I'm sure the Japanese ones are much better), I remember watching the '98 version and telling my parents if we could watch Jurassic Park instead. 2) I tried reading the Tale of Genji when I was 17, I got about 1/4 the way before getting confused about the characters and I couldn't tell who was who. When I'm an old lady with nothing to do I'll pick it up again :P

What can I say that hasn't been said already? Not much but as always I love how you and your characters tell the story. I did feel bad for that old lady dying for Anita's GCA but it had to be done, lol. I love the kids, Nami is my favourite - though I can't tell if it's because I'm a fan of Nami from One Piece.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
The Mori Legacy: 4 Kids Be Like...
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2016, 01:42:26 AM »
1.4  The Mori Legacy: 4 Kids Be Like…

Come to think of it, I’ve never played a multi-generational challenge with four children in the house.
Micro-managing four children and three adults has been driving me a little crazy.
For one thing, the adults who should be mentoring, encouraging, or coaching drop their queue like it’s molten iron or something.
The adults never choose to help out their kids; no, they’re too busy trying to run off and do something unnecessary. The painters will even stop painting mid-way to go chat with another sim.

I’m also to blame—it’s hard for me not to complete all four child aspirations. Is it even necessary?
On the plus side, the kids are all adorable! Sorry, Doreen, but I need to focus on the potential heirs.

Sunday

Kaoru: Speaking of Doreen, I don’t know what her secret is but she’s a little skilling demon!
She’s only a day older than Nio yet she’s completed all four aspirations except for Whiz Kid’s “Achieve a Grade of ‘A’ in School” milestone.
She’s also maxed the Violin skill. Since she’s so far ahead of the others, she’s left to level up Charisma on her own.
She’s Level 3 Charisma with a week until her teen birthday.

Anita: Our firstborn Nio took so long to level the Motor skill.
With 8 days until his teen birthday, he’s completed Rambunctious Scamp, with Level 9 Mental, Level 6 Creative, and Level 2 Social.
How did ever he fall so far behind Doreen?

Kaoru: As for the twins, leveling the Motor skill seems problematic.
Both girls have been skilling the same amount of time, but Arisa has Level 6 Creativity while Nami has only Level 3 Motor.
Rambunctious Scamp isn’t a good starting aspiration, even with my coaching!
Anita: Awww, look at Nami! She looks like our very own little waterbaby!
W: I’ve since realized that we should switch to playing Key Commander as soon as possible; it levels Motor faster than Practice Typing or the playground equipment.

Kaoru: Listen very carefully, my sweet Arisa. I’m going to read you a story titled “How I Dumped Your Father.”
Ask me any questions you’d like. This tale’s told from the mother’s perspective so I’d like to offer you a father’s point of view.
If it were my book, I’d retitle it “How Your Father Pretended to Let Your Mother Dump Him.” Because I’m a gentleman…

Aria: Dad always seems so busy with working, crafting his little mascots, and helping us kids with the Whiz Kid aspiration.
I’m glad he’s made the time to read to me. I sneak in a hug because he’s the greatest dad.

Nio: I can’t complete Whiz Kid without getting an A, but it’s too late to socialize outdoors for Social Butterfly.
For now, I’ve joined Doreen in this makeshift room, using a mirror to raise Social to Level 5.

Dorothy: Watchette is such a slave driver and yet I’ve achieved so much since moving into this house.
Anita and I have been painting every spare moment, trying to complete Fabulously Wealthy.
Since Anita now has a career and three children, though, I’m much closer to having earned $200,000 then she is.
Anita: Once I max my career, I’m going to quit that job right away! It will be fun for the two of us to stay home all day every day, like we used to, eh?

Nami: I finally finished Rambunctious Scamp and have started Whiz Kid! Dad is mentoring me like he’s done for the other kids.
Kaoru: The tricky part is catching you kids when you get home, or you’ll just go ahead and do your homework without being focused!
Anita and Dorothy, that’s totally on you two!

Nio: I befriend Edward Munch in the neighborhood, then befriend Paolo by chatting with him online.
All the other children in the simverse are teens now, so I won’t be able to complete Social Butterfly unless some new families move in.
And since I’m a Geek named Nio, I think it’d be funny if I became an Oracle. Once I max Social, I’ll start on Mischief!
Kaoru: Great plan, son! Too bad your aspiration is a random choice…

Dorth: With everyone gone for the day, I finally have some time to myself!
I realize I have enough points to buy one each of the reward potions. For now, Watchette’s storing them in a doorless room out back.

I buy an extra moodlet solver for cloning. Kaoru really needs to invent another cloning machine!
And, Watchette, when will you provide this room with wall and floor coverings?!
W: Note that the family will be cloning the cowplant essences. Moodlet solvers, Potions of Youth, and other for-sale potions will not be cloned.

Hearing the mailman arrive, I go the mailbox to find that Anita’s completed the postcard collection!
Also, check out my bubbling age bar—I’ll be an elder soon!
W: Since every sim can drink a Potion of Youth once in their lifetime, I considered when I’d want Dorth to drink hers.
With seven sims in the house, I’ve decided to extend her elder stage (and not her adult stage), so she’ll be around during the kids’ teen stage but pass on before they become young adults.

Also, sorry for the walls-down shot of the house!

Dorth: After buying all those potions for the house, I decide to treat myself and buy another Insta-Lean potion!
Doreen is just back from school and comes to sit with me!
You can see the three Mori children in the background as they head for the dining room.

Dorth: I really wanted Watchette to show you how I looked as a slim adult!
Unluckily, she didn’t take a screenshot until after I aged up to an elder! Bah!
W: My apologies, Dorth! The twins Arisa and Nami are doing the Whiz Kid aspiration and started on their homework!
I had to stop them and get them in Focused mode first.

Dorth: I wish I had thought to buy an Insta-Lean potion as soon as I finished the Grilled Cheese aspiration! *mutters: I might have still had a chance with Paolo…

Kaoru: Early in the morning, I realize that Anita has the day off today.
I take her and our kids to the park in Oasis Springs so I can break open the access to Forgotten Grotto.

Nio:  The twins and I didn’t meet any kids our age here at the park, but I maxed Social and unlocked Mischief today.
My reign of trouble-making has officially launched!
Except today, we all need to be back home by 7 am to prepare for school.

Anita: Our fishing collection lacks the anglerfish, batfish, and treefish.
After the kids leave for school, Dorth and I return to enter Forgotten Grotto.
There, I catch an anglerfish and Dorth catches the first batfish!
We relocate to the Sylvan Glade where Kaoru joins us after work. We invite Doreen, too.
Though I’m the only one with maxed Fishing, Dorth is the one to catch a treefish, completing our collection!
Dorth, you are a real trooper!

Friday

Anita: My birthday is tomorrow! I thought I might max my career before then, but I’ve only been working three days a week lately.
Kaoru invented a second cloning machine so I want to clone some more Essences of Inspiration.
I’ll only need one more myself, but I'd like to leave a nice stash for the next creative sim.
W: See? New wall and floor coverings for the Focused Room!

Saturday

Kaoru: Early this morning, I notice that my wife’s age bar is bubbling. Let’s have a party for you this afternoon, sweetheart.
Anita: Sadly, I work from 10 am to 4 pm today. I’m not sure I can wait until I get back home.
Kaoru: We have three hours before your shift starts, so let’s do it now! *phones in a dinner party

Anita: I loved the sugar-free carob cake that Dorth cooked for me! But I notice her daughter Doreen acting oddly.
Kaoru: You saw that, too? Whenever I place food on the round serving table, Doreen swoops it up and puts it away in the fridge.
Anita: Not great style for a dinner party!

Dorth: Your career’s at Level 9 and you work both today and tomorrow. Be extra careful, Anita, and you can max Patron of the Arts this weekend!
Kaoru: We’ll all be careful! I wanted to take the kids somewhere this weekend since they all become teenagers over the next week.
But we’ll definitely stay home so you won’t lose your Very Inspired mood at work.
Anita: Thank you all for your support! And Watchette, can you keep an eye on me to make sure I get to work on time?

Sunday

Kaoru: Sunday's been a very eventful day for our family!
First thing this morning, Watchette imports a LegacyLoves household with four children!
My kids still need one or more child-age friendships to complete Social Butterfly.
So after waiting until Anita’s sure to snag her Level 10 promotion today, we head out to meet those children.

We bring back one of the boys for Arisa to make her third friend. This is Lucas with the Mean trait.
(The other boy is Hotheaded and the two girls are Perfectionist and Cheerful.)

Anita: Everyone’s home when I return with my final promotion! What a great feeling!
Our three kids also finish the last of their four childhood aspirations today.
Not only that, our little Nami completes the Space Print collection this evening, bless her Genius heart!

Dorothy: Anita and I plan to throw a small party for Doreen’s birthday today since both Doreen and Nio stay home from school.
But Watchette accidentally goes into CAS, causing everyone to come home.
Now, Kaoru’s throwing a House Party instead for the whole family plus friends.

Kaoru: Teen Doreen so resembles her mother! 
Doreen: Since I’ve maxed Violin and Piano, I really hoped for Musical Genius.
But adding to Art Lover, I roll the Good trait and Leader of the Pack aspiration.

Dorothy: That’s Doreen’s father Frank Nagy on the left with the unbecoming white hat.
Kaoru: By the way, the party earns a gold medal! But why is the Inspired Room next door cleaned out?
W: When the party started, all of you were running off to use the easel, drawing table, or computer.
I had to lock everything away in the Focused Room. We need a better, easier system for parties!

Anita: I want to take a nice family shot of the birthday girl with your parents, Doreen, but you get photobombed by Paolo!
Kaoru: Doreen, I get the feeling that your mother never got over Paolo…
Frank: What a hussy!
Kaoru: Psst, Watchette, we’re all trying to chat up Frank to see if he’ll reveal that he’s an alien but he won’t give it up!

The next update will cover the teen birthdays of the three potential heirs.
After the twins age up, I’ll post a listing of each child’s traits, aspiration, and skill levels.
If you’d like more information, you could let me know at that time.

Thank you for reading! I can’t wait to share how the three children age up!

To the next chapter

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Caterina

• Occult
Re: The Mori Legacy: 4 Kids Be Like... (08/07)
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2016, 09:01:45 AM »
I just found your story this morning.  I love it!  Your family members are all very attractive.  I can't wait to see what the rest of the children look like as teens.  I really like the choices you are making for you house too.  I don't have much experience with the cow plant other than growing it.  I didn't know there were different emotional essences you could milk from it.  I will have to do some research.  A great story AND I learned something new...not a bad way to start my day. 

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2016, 03:35:43 PM »
Doreen is quite the little firecracker with all her amazing maxing out this and that and everything she can!  She sure aged up lovely and yes, she really does look like her mom.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Luna264

• Primary historian specializing in the Houseplant Incident
  • Llama Wrangler
  • A small car drives up. It is an avacado.
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2016, 11:25:53 PM »
Happy birthday, everyone! They're all looking well.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
The Mori Legacy: Vote on the Gen2 Heir
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2016, 09:26:02 AM »
@FrancescaFiori
As you'll find in this update, I'm really struggling with the deaths.  :'(

@dontmindme
Thank you for your kind words! My founder also hasn't been to the lab at all, though I'm thinking I should join him there one day in order to generate more NPCs for my dwindling population.

@Nettlejuice
I realize we chatted about this but I wanted to repeat my thoughts here. The 1954 Japanese film Godzilla reflects Japan's trauma following the atomic bomb and conveys an anti-nuclear warfare message. The US remake is more of a monster film without that philosophical overtone. The Tale of Genji is hard to read without some life experience.
When I first tried to read it, I hated Genji and thought he was a sleaze. Then I learned the story was written by a woman for a mostly female audience, which changed the way I thought about Genji. Kaoru is the name of the son of Genji's wife and another man.

@Caterina
Thank you for saying such nice things. I really struggle with building and do it rather haphazardly. I can't even share the sleeping quarters and other rooms downstairs yet.
By the way, you mentioned that you would build Winterfell in your IDC thread. Since that remark of yours, I've read all 5 vols. of Games of Thrones, so I'm ready and waiting to see your build.  ;D
And yes, the cowplant's essences are great for long-lasting boosts to job performance.

@Joria
I wish I knew why Doreen skills up so much more quickly than the Mori children! Now, whenever I look at Doreen, I'm reminded of her mother Dorothy. *sobs

@Luna264
Three more birthdays in this update!  ;)

1.5  The Mori Legacy: Vote on the Gen2 Heir

Sunday

Doreen: Once my birthday party’s over, I get a makeover.
My hair’s not exactly the same as Mom’s. She has a side part and I have a center part.

Anita: I mistakenly announced last night that our three children completed Social Butterfly yesterday.
Actually, Arisa got lost in the shuffle and stills needs one more adult friend.
Arisa: I'd chatted with Paolo at Doreen’s party today, so I phone to invite him over.
Kaoru: One great thing about Paolo: he always rushes over right away whenever he’s invited!

Arisa: Thanks so much for becoming my friend, Paolo!
Paolo: No problem, darling. You know how much I like underage…uh, what a big fan I am of your family!
But what’s with your Watchette? Her girls always make a fuss over me but that’s where it ends.
Kaoru: Well, I hope you are long-lived, Paolo. If you can wait on Doreen, it’d be great for your child (a son, hopefully) to marry into the family!
We’ll have to see.  Also, you have a really long face and a square jaw….
Paolo: Now you’re just being shallow.

Tuesday

Dorothy: Doreen is just back from her first day of high school.
All the Mori children took a vacation day from school. We’re waiting for their parents to return from work for Nio’s birthday party.
I quite love this kitchen, especially since Kaoru bought the nicest fridge and stove then upgraded them!
Doreen: Aren’t you cooking a lot more than we’ll need for one party, Mom?
Dorothy: Well, I maxed Homestyle Cooking today so now I’m going for Gourmet Cooking in my free time.
Watchette/W: On second thought, Dorth, besides supporting the family, the best use of your time would be to paint!

Kaoru: Everyone waits for me to return from work to phone in the party, since I’m the only adult who knows the new children living with Malcolm Landgraab.
When we visited them the other day, I made sure to introduce myself to them all.
I decide to throw an Incognito Party, just for the heck of it. Naturally, I invite the four new children!

Kaoru: Before any of the guests arrive, Nio blows out the candles on his birthday cake.
That’s Doreen and me in clown costumes and the three kids dressed as hotdogs.
Nio: Adding to Geek, I’m now Good with the Nerd Brain aspiration.

Nio: I am a teenager at last! Do I dare go to the dresser now? Why aren’t Mom and I in costume?
I’m seated with astronaut Bjorn Bjergsen to the left.
Behind me stand pizza guy Malcolm Landgraab, Paolo the maid, and hotdog Arisa.
Arisa: Dad always invites one or two elders just in case they decide to keel.

Anita: This shot’s from the front of the house. Did you notice that the formerly sunken pool’s been raised to the same level as the foundation?
Also, Dorothy was such a pain tonight! I had to do the “Make Buffalo Wing Tea 0/3” milestone earlier.
Dorth tried to come scold me several times about inappropriate behavior.
Luckily, Watchette was on the watch and kept canceling Dorth’s queue, forcing her to go back and resume cooking her stupid taco casserole.
I’ll just go ahead and buy the “Always Welcome” trait.

Kaoru: Oddly, our three kids and the other four all wear hotdog costumes, though Nio soon aged up.
I can’t even recognize my own daughters, so I can’t introduce the new children to you this time.
W: That’s Nami on the very right, eating her taco casserole. Arisa wears red sneakers and sits next to Nami.

Kaoru: I do recognize the big hotdog as Frank Nagy, Doreen’s father.
Maybe you’ll meet the kids in their everyday clothes at Arisa and Nami’s party in four days.
W: Nothing like a half dozen hot dogs to incentivize me to buy more sofas! Priorities, right?

Kaoru: We earn our first gold medal for an Incognito Party!
Anita: Don’t worry, folks. We only take the gold-medal shot once for each party type, hehe.
Also, Kaoru, I’d completely forgotten that the “Compliment costume” social can’t be used by or on children.

Kaoru: Did you notice that Watchette added a new gym room with a sauna room in the corner?
Who me? I’m sitting in the sauna, waiting for my elderly neighbor Moira Fyres to join me.

Um, well, yes, of course, I slipped out without keeping my promise of "relaxing" with her.
Puh-leeze! I’m a happily married man, you know! Do you like me in a towel? Huh? Who's fishing for compliments? *mutters: Overheating, eh? Hope it works!

Wednesday

Dorth: In fact, Kaoru isn’t as clever as he thinks he is.  Moira just stood around in the sauna all night without actually using it.
Now Watchette’s volunteered me to relax in the sauna with Moira.
First Moira and I need to become dangerously steamed.
Next, the plan is for me to invite Moira to relax in the sauna once more, then I dash out of the sauna and lock the door behind me.
Anita: This method of dying may only work with a controllable sim. We’ll soon find out…

Anita: I can’t believe what just happened!
Dorth texted me to say she’s feeling uncomfortable so she’d invite Moira to relax once more then leave the sauna.
When I click on her, I see that she’s dying from overheating! Running over to the sauna room, I see Moira sitting there with an urn!
There was no special music, no Grim Reaper, no notice that Dorth was near death.
She still had four more days before ageing to elderhood. I can't believe Dorth is gone!

Anita: What is that Japanese proverb? To catch a tiger’s cub, you must enter the tiger’s den.
Rest in peace, Dorothy. We could never have gotten off to such a solid start without you! *weeps
W: That so didn’t work like I’d planned…*horrified and shocked speechless 

W: In the evening of the same day...
Nio: While working on my Nerd Brain aspiration, Dad mentors me in handiness.
I’m so lucky that the adults had already built a rocketship. Wish me luck on my fifth trip to outer space!

Thursday

W: Well, aren’t you just looking very proud of yourself this evening!
Doreen: Okay, people, say my name! Who’s the first sim in this house to max the Retail Employee job?
Mom passed away yesterday while I was at school, but I wish she were here!
Yesterday, I brought home my first A from high school and tonight I maxed a teen career on the second day!
Mom, if you’re watching me up there, I’m doing this for the two of us!

Nio: Late Thursday night, I finish the Nerd Brain aspiration. You’re probably wondering how I completed it so quickly.
The truth’s a bit embarrassing.
This morning, I realized that I’d forgotten to do my homework so I took the day off from school so my school performance wouldn't plunge.
That’s how I could spend today doing my five upgrades and finishing Logic levels 9 and 10, hehe.

Friday

Anita: It’s so nice when we all sit down together to share a meal! And thank heavens it’s finally Friday!
Kaoru: How is it that I have the highest Cooking skill in the house?
Nio: Because you’ve been watching the Cooking Channel while you work out, no doubt.
Nami: Don’t forget that Arisa and I become teenagers tomorrow!
Arisa: Yeah, we’re expecting a big birthday party! And don’t make us dress like hotdogs this time!

Nio: Now that I’ve taken care of my first aspiration, I’ve started on Chief of Mischief.
You know, when you’re as charismatic as I am, it takes a lot of attitude to be disliked by two sims!
This guy came by while I was chatting with my neighbor Wolfgang Munch.
Can you believe he tried to get his flirt on with me!? But now he hates me...

Saturday

Kaoru: I’ve maxed Fitness and the Bodybuilder career this morning, so we can kick that gym trainer out of our club!
Also, the talented Nio joined the Manual Labor career at Level 2 then maxed it in one day. Way to go, son!
Nio: Hey, this is how we roll! *phones to quit the Manual Labor job

Anita: Since Nio is home, Kaoru phones in another birthday party.
Arisa is the first to blow out her candles!
Arisa: Adding to Creative, I’m now Self-Assured with the Freelance Botanist aspiration.

Nami: Now it’s my turn to blow out the candles.
Adding to Genius, I’m now a Bro with the Computer Whiz aspiration.

Anita: An adult needs to make a toast as our last party milestone, so I ply everyone with drinks. Somehow, Kaoru just can’t make a toast.
Kaoru: My darling, you are as lovely as ever!

Kaoru: Finally, finally! I'm able to make a toast at last. Notice that both Doreen and Nio are carrying two drinks each!
That’s another gold-medal party!

Portraits and stats of the three potential heirs follow in the post below.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2016, 09:31:56 AM »
Portraits of the Potential Heirs

Anita: Here are my little darlings as children.

Kaoru: Here they are again as teenagers.

Stats of the Potential Heirs

Note that they all finished the four childhood aspirations.
The “Maxed Skills” lists the skills they’d maxed by the time of their teen birthday.
Doreen Primley and one of the Mori children will be moved out as soon as they max an adult career.
On their teen birthday, I rolled the teen aspiration as well as the teen and adult traits.

Please vote on:
(1)   Your choice of the Gen2 heir; and
(2)   Which of the remaining two Mori children to keep in the house as head of a cadet branch.

Nio: Geek, Good, Loves the Outdoors (Nerd Brain)
•   Maxed Skills: Motor, Mental, Creativity, Social; Mischief, Logic L8 (Video Gaming L5)
•   Adult Career: Criminal/Oracle

Arisa: Creative, Self-Assured, Glutton (Freelance Botanist)
•   Maxed Skills: Creativity, Mental, Motor, Social; Violin, Charisma, Piano (Fishing L8, Logic L7)
•   Adult Career: Entertainer/Musician

Nami: Genius, Bro, Dance Machine (Computer Whiz)
•   Maxed Skills: Motor, Mental, Creativity, Social; Logic, Charisma, Video Gaming, Fishing (Piano L6)
•   Adult Career: Tech Guru/Start-up Entrepreneur (if she’s heir) or eSport Gamer (if she’s not heir)

I would love to have your input on who to choose as the Gen2 heir and as the cadet heir.

To the next chapter

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Re: The Mori Legacy: Vote on the Gen2 Heir (new 08/09)
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2016, 10:16:58 AM »
Oh, my goodness! Poor Dorothy! Tiger's Den indeed! That was unexpected and I'm sure very upsetting for Watchette.
On a happier note, I'm voting Nami for heir and Nio for cadet. I love Nami's traits (and hair color),  and I've become find of Nio. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2016, 01:35:54 PM »
I'm with Francesca.  I vote for Nami for heir. I've always favored her a bit and her stats, career choice etc. make her a really good candidate.  My second choice would be Nio.  The only reason he didn't make it is his career.  I really dislike the Criminal career and how they have to be so mean.  It's awful for such a sweet, personable guy to have to be like that!  It would be difficult for him also with the Good trait.

I don't kill off Sims usually but now I REALLY wouldn't try it in the sauna!  What trauma that would have been.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2016, 02:59:10 PM »
Oh, poor Dorth! I'm betting Grim knew you were trying to trick Moira into dying and took Dorth instead  >:( I've only just noticed how Paolo is 'used' by the girls in your stories, at least he didn't get killed off, lol.

I will say this a thousand times, you are a wonderful builder, I love the central swimming pool with just enough waterlilies and open plan living.

My vote is for Nami as heir and Arisa to remain behind. Although it was quite a difficult choice to make between the three of them!
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

anything