Author Topic: How to tag another forum member using Tapatalk?  (Read 4430 times)

Offline lesleyj42

• Townie
How to tag another forum member using Tapatalk?
« on: December 08, 2016, 09:54:08 AM »
This might be a stupid question, but how do I tag someone in a forum post using Tapatalk? If I do it like I would in any other social media post, this is what happens...

@lesleyj42

Nothing, it doesn't become clickable and/or helpful like everyone else's seem to.

I don't know if this is the right place in the forum to pose this question, but I would greatly appreciate an answer. I use the app, Tapatalk to participate in the forum and would love to be able to tag other players in my posts.

Please help.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
Re: How to tag another forum member using Tapatalk?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2016, 10:32:28 AM »
I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think there is a way to tag other uses via Tapatalk. I use it too, and if I want to tag another user I just hold the thought until I get back to my desktop.
If there's a better answer I'd love to know it, too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline lesleyj42

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2016, 10:47:14 AM »
That seems like a serious oversight by the developers of Tapatalk. Hopefully someone out there has good news for both of us and can share their methods.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2016, 11:01:02 AM »
@lesleyj42

You asked your forum question in the right area. :) This is something we'll want to @Carl about.

Our forum software (Simple Machines Forums) does not support mentions/tags by default. It it not the fault of the TapaTalk app.

Please see Carl's post below for more details (link below) -
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=27584.msg456041#msg456041
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline lesleyj42

• Townie
How to tag another forum member using Tapatalk?
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2016, 11:40:24 AM »
@MrsFlynn

I understand that adding that feature would be up to the programmers for Tapatalk and might not ever happen, but if I could use a different app to access this forum that would allow me to tag other forum members, I totally would.

Are you saying that other apps exist for this purpose? I prefer an app that I could use on my phone because of the notification features and ease of access, but would be more than willing to try a different one if you have any suggestions.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2016, 02:45:42 PM »
No what I'm saying is there are different types of forums out there.

Sorry for the confusion. I am not really familiar with Tapatalk or apps like it as I don't use them. We may need to ask Carl to see if he knows of any alternatives to this app.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline lesleyj42

• Townie
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2016, 02:51:44 PM »
No need to apologize. I got a bit too optimistic. Thanks for bringing me back down to earth. At least now I know that I'm not missing something. It just (very likely) can't be done with the app I'm using.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2016, 07:09:57 PM »
@lesleyj42 @FrancescaFiori I can clear up why you can't tag with Tapatalk, it's not really their fault. Simplemachines forums by default do not come with a tagging feature, though I hope one day they do. For now we use a modification for the forum that lets us do that, and it's clear people love it since the forum has so many boards and posts. In order for us to tag with it, Tapatalk would have to support that specific mod, while I think they focus on features that are native to the type of forum we use. I guess maybe the mod might support Tapatalk, it'd require one or the other to bridge the gap. If Simplemachines one day has a tagging feature, I bet they would let us tag users on Taptalk.

I'm glad you guys are still able to use Tapatalk right now, I do NOT have this myself so only try to keep the mod up to date. It's a blessing it still works after updates. I'd forgotten to put in the newest version, but this has reminded me. Since Tapatalk is still kind of new and supports a lot of forum types, they update rather frequently and force you to completely remove it, then put it back in. That it pops up randomly that it's out of date causes me to get behind.

Offline lesleyj42

• Townie
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2016, 09:29:52 PM »
@Carl Thank you for such a detailed response. I'm just relieved to know I wasn't missing something obvious.

Thanks to everyone for your help. Maybe one day Tapatalk will support tagging, until then I'll live without it.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2016, 09:49:57 PM »
@lesleyj42 --- I hope Taptalk supports tagging soon :)!

Offline sharpsiren

• Townie
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2016, 11:01:47 PM »
Ok, this answers a question I had but didn't know how to ask. Thank you, everyone. I use Tapatalk religiously, and only for this forum. Interesting, isn't it? That must mean @Carl is doing a great job :)