Author Topic: Needs bar appearing as white box  (Read 8160 times)

Offline LE_LUMI

• Nooboo
Needs bar appearing as white box
« on: January 20, 2017, 05:03:53 PM »
I started a new game recently and haven't gotten far into it. I was around 15 minutes in when I realized that the needs tab was just a white box with none of the bars. I am up to date and the last mode I downloaded only affected the romance animations and nothing else. I did use a few cheats but I have used them multiple times before without this problem occurring. Does anyone know of a solution?

Oh and I've attached a picture of my problem.

-----
Edit to Add: See thread linked below if you're experiencing this issue.

[MODS RELATED] Sims 4 Needs Bars Disappeared
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/MODS-RELATED-Sims-4-Needs-Bars-Disappeared/td-p/5819367

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Needs bar appearing as white box
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 06:38:14 PM »
Welcome to the forum.  :)
Even though mods target a specific area of the game they can and do cause unwanted glitches. Remove the mod from your mods folder and place it somewhere like your desk top and then delete the localthumbcache.package file from your The Sims 4 folder. Next load your game up and see if the needs bar is back to normal. If it is then you'll know it is the mod causing the issue.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LE_LUMI

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2017, 04:10:12 PM »
I tried that but the glitch is still there. Any other suggestions? If not I may have to contact EA themselves or something. Thank you anyway.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2017, 04:20:45 PM »
Sorry LE_LUMI I'm all out of ideas. @MrsFlynn  have you seen this glitch before? It must be a tech issue (I'm assuming) rather than a game-bug.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2017, 05:26:04 PM »
This isn't all that technical either. It mostly occurs when there are outdated mods or custom content installed or some kind of game hiccup.

Here are some tips to try:

1. Move the mods folder to desktop (for testing purposes) - This is to fully make sure it's not outdated mods/cc or some hidden files in the Mods folder. - Read more in the post linked below:

How to Fix Problems with Mods/CC
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=25031.msg426156#msg426156

Mods and cc become outdated as we get new updates for the game. This means you'll need to go through your mods folder to find what needs to be replaced.

2. Delete Game Cache Files (What and How-To)
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=29288.msg401662#msg401662

The localthumbcache.package can be found in the main Sims 4 folder
C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4

Removing the mods folder without deleting the localthumbcahche.package file from your The Sims 4 folder, isn't enough of a test, these two steps need to be done together. 

If the mods folder has already been removed, cache and localthumbcache.package have been deleted.  Try repair game, or a Sims 4 factory reset and new game without any mods or cc to test.

3. Repair Game:
In Origin, right-click on Sims 4 and select Repair. - Do note this repairs the game's install files for the actual game. It does not make any changes to the saved game files. Meaning that your saved games are safe, they won't be deleted.

4. Try a Sims 4 Factory Reset - (What & Howto)
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=29292.msg401669#msg401669

If any of the above doesn't solve the issue, it maybe caused by a new bug and may be worth reporting it to AHQ.

Report Bugs On AHQ Forum (Where & HowTo)
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=21467.msg386787#msg386787
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2017, 05:43:04 PM »
Yeah, this is a new one on me. It's not the empty txt bubbles... but just as game breaking.

@LE_LUMI  MrsFlynn and I have been talking about your problem. Just FYI using cheats can really mess with your game. The testingcheats on cheat although an 'official' cheat does come with a Guru warning. And using the bbmoveobjects on (MOO) cheat can really cause unexpected issues.

It might just be that all you can do is a factory reset or even start a brand new game. I'd imagine that you could save all your sims to your library and their house, take note of their money and with a bit of effort start again from where you left off but in a new game. Not ideal but at least your game and your sims would be playable again. (Hopefully!)

Offline LE_LUMI

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2017, 02:30:14 PM »
Thank you for the advice @MrsFlynn and @Playalot I may just save everything and do a factory reset. Thanks for the help!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything