Author Topic: Can't get married at their wedding  (Read 102084 times)

Offline Wistala

• Llama Wrangler
Can't get married at their wedding
« on: February 03, 2017, 06:42:07 PM »
Two of my sims are getting married, the wedding is going fine until they actually try to tie the knot. It says "marrying a sim in your employ would be inappropriate. Dismiss them from their role to further pursue a relationship." I should add only the groom gets this message when he tries to click on it, the bride can click "get married" but nothing happens.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Can't get married at their wedding
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2017, 07:10:23 PM »
This sounds like a familiar bug. I'm still reading on it, but here's the link in case you want to read up on it too.

Sims cannot propose
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Sims-cannot-propose/td-p/5733980

Re: I Can Not Get Married
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-Can-t-get-married-because-Sim-works-for-me/m-p/6443706

I'm seeing a few suggestions:

1. End the other romantic relationships with other sims - if any.

2. Remove relationship then build their relationship back up to where it was.

3. Dismiss the employed Sim and try again.

This glitch or bug may be from trying to marry service Sims, or a Sim that had a previous relationship.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2017, 07:24:50 PM »
You could also try asking to just be friends and then building the relationship back up. I think that works as well.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Wistala

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2017, 07:26:39 PM »
This sounds like a familiar bug. I'm still reading on it, but here's the link in case you want to read up on it too.

Sims cannot propose
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Sims-cannot-propose/td-p/5733980

I'm seeing a few suggestions:

1. End the other romantic relationships with other sims - if any.

2. Remove relationship then build their relationship back up to where it was.

3. Dismiss the employed Sim and try again.

This glitch or bug may be from trying to marry service Sims, or a Sim that had a previous relationship.

Ah thank you, the groom was dating someone else and I never bothered to end their relationship. I'll try that and then try another wedding. Worse comes to worse, they can always just live in sin. :P

Offline Wistala

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2017, 07:48:00 PM »
Well it turns out the groom had two other relationships, I ended both of them and when I tried the wedding again it worked. Thank you!

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2017, 07:49:52 PM »
Yay!! I'm happy to hear that. :)
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline lynne.yx

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2017, 02:08:38 PM »
Had this with a sim with the serial romantic aspiration. I ended all the romantic relationships but the romance bars were still there (albeit empty) and my sims still couldn't marry so I used the relationship.destroy cheat on every sim that had a romance bar using the sim IDs, takes a little while but it finally worked and now my sims are finally married !

https://www.reddit.com/r/thesims/comments/2fk8du/new_sims_4_cheat_modify_relationships/

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2017, 07:15:25 PM »
Thanks for the tip @lynne.yx
Carl also has his fab guide to cheats here: Guide to Cheats as well as the relevant relationship cheats here (click). Also a indepth guide to relationships here (click)

Offline Malicious

• Nooboo
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2018, 01:16:51 AM »
Umm bit of a noob when it comes to this posting and forums and things. So to be clear I’ve never posted anything anywhere lol. I hope I’m doing this right, I only wanted to help. So I found out just now that with a bf or gf to get rid of em go to the mean interaction and select break up . No need for cheats and what not. I’m on Xbox one. Thx

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2018, 07:03:47 AM »
Umm bit of a noob when it comes to this posting and forums and things. So to be clear I’ve never posted anything anywhere lol. I hope I’m doing this right, I only wanted to help. So I found out just now that with a bf or gf to get rid of em go to the mean interaction and select break up . No need for cheats and what not. I’m on Xbox one. Thx

Welcome to the forum  :) . Yes, that is correct, if you simply want to destroy a romantic relationship you can ask to just be friends which is a friendly social and retains the friendship levels mostly or use a mean social and break up, which destroys both the romantic and friendly relationship levels.

All this can be done with in-game mechanics so no need to use cheats for these interactions.

Offline Firehaze89

• Nooboo
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2018, 07:41:57 AM »
I am having the same issue and have tried getting all previous relationships to just friends but some are still showing as lovers/ sweethearts, the relationship cheat doesn’t work on any of my female sims friends, anyone got any other suggestions on what I can do, is there a way of resetting all relationships without having to restart the character?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2018, 11:27:47 PM »
You might try deleting the game cache Link to How-To. Then try the troubleshooting tips Link here again to see if they help.