Author Topic: Three Times a Lady: A Rival Dynasties Challenge Story  (Read 45319 times)

Offline rika1431

• Townie
Re: Three Times a Lady: A Rival Dynasties Challenge Story
« Reply #105 on: March 09, 2018, 07:36:38 PM »
Awww, that hostess problem is really tough, but I'm glad you were able to fix it at last! I love reading the restaurant bloodlines, so I confess I got a little nervous in this update that you'd switch to retail, hehe. Retail businesses just aren't as fun! And yeah, Honey looks fabulous even bald! But dang, that baby bump got big! I thought she might have twins for a second there.

Also, thanks a billion for sharing your builds! I was absolutely gobsmacked when you said all you do is build a rectangle with a fancy entrance, but upon closer inspection I realized you were telling the truth, lol. Still, they look fabulous! And I'll be trying that tip out in the future.

I'm enjoying this story immensely! The format you're using of writing it as a letter is just brilliant, I wish I'd had that myself  :P It's all so goooooood!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #106 on: March 09, 2018, 08:01:02 PM »
No hair, no pants, but a hostess.  Talk about your glass half full comments  ;=)
It was a delightfully amusing and ridiculously enjoyable update!  I appreciate your commitment to the restaurant and the fact that it gives Mary an advantage  ;=)
Go Team Mary!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #107 on: March 09, 2018, 11:08:42 PM »
Oh, if I wasn't already #TeamPonsonby, I would certainly be now after the Roadhouse reference! My goodness, poor Honey! She's a real trooper!

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #108 on: March 12, 2018, 01:11:00 PM »
@oshizu Honey and I gladly accept our cc-free saint awards! It was a trial, let me tell you! :D
Roadhouse is not so much dancing as it is brawling, but it leads to equal amounts of sweaty, shirtless Patrick Swayze, so it's pretty much the same thing.

@Heart Foam I don't think I'm going to name a character after M, but it's been nearly all girls so far so I haven't had to think too hard about whether I'm going for all Bond-allies or mixing in some villains with my heir names. I think M's still sore about them all quitting at the same time in the prologue, though, so maybe a namesake would soften him up.

@rika1431 I'm glad you're still on board with the restaurants! The bugs are awful, but I really love them so I can't give them up. I'm so glad you like the builds! And the letter-writing format! It's been fun, and it was something new for me.

@PeregrineTook Your patience and loyalty have been rewarded! A Mary chapter at last! And yes, Honey is ever the optimist. A working host is easily as valuable as pants!

@Shewolf13 I actually watched Roadhouse this weekend. You know, for architectural research. It's the most 80's thing that has ever happened. So many mullets! SO MANY! Anyway, I'm glad you're on board with the new restaurant and still waving your Team Ponsonby flag!

Goodnight, Week 4, Part 1

Darlings,

I’ve just a few hasty words to scratch off to you before it’s farewell forever! Not really, of course. I fully intend to take you up on your offer, Loelia, of a corner table at the G&K and a good gossip on the regular with both of you. You have your tea, dear, and I’ll down several dozen Plasma Janes.

Dearest Lilith attempting to coax our dear girl into the responsible trait with a round of homework applause. Don’t ask me how, but she’s already got the Good Manners trait locked in. She’s been rude to at least half the neighborhood and she’s never once set the table, but I suppose I mustn’t complain.

Help from the well? Nope. Not today. Better luck next time.

Poor Aidan. He’s having a go at eating plasma fruit salad. His fangs haven’t come in yet, so it makes him violently ill, but he wants to get on his father’s good side, so he tries.

Oh, do pardon me. Once. She did set the table exactly once.

She spent Sunday afternoon seeking out the few people who don’t find her completely obnoxious and making them into good friends.

She even managed to make a new friend or two.

Caleb and Jana decided to seize the day and actually get married. You can see he’d got tired of people comparing him to Paolo Rocca, so he’s changed his hair. Please mention it next time you see him or he’ll be morose and we’ll all hear about it.

He does love shiny things, bless him.

Not to be outdone, my immortal beloved and I finally tied our own knot. I’m a very lucky lady.

Things after that happened fast and furious:

At 6:09 a.m. Monday, Tati maxed the video gaming skill.

At 6:55 a.m. the well granted her that elusive final promotion.

You can see it came as a great shock to her and all the rest of us. We didn’t even have a cake baked.

That puff of smoke is Tati leaving for school. If she’d been just slightly less responsible she could have blown out her candles and moved straight out that morning, but we were just a hair too late with the cake and she was out the door, not to return until 3.

Caleb, at least, was grateful for the delay. It gave him time to resist drinking deeply for one day more and complete his Good Vampire aspiration. Congratulations to him, I suppose.

The school day did eventually end, and Tati ransacked our garden for all it was worth. . .

Made some last minute tweaks to her museum exhibit . . .

And bid farewell to her childhood.

The narrative from here on belongs to her, and if you’ll kindly unblock her e-mail address, I’ll make sure you continue to receive it. I was at work and thus didn’t get to bid my darling good-bye, but she’s promised to write. I miss her exasperating smirk already. Love to you, my darling dears, and a thousand kisses each,

Mary
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Mum,

Here you see a barren patch of grass. You may recognize it, as it’s the lot right next door to yours. This letter-writing scheme of yours is nonsense, but I’ve got to level writing for work, and this counts as much as anything else, so I’m going along with it. For now.

This is Brent. He’s a twit (I’ll explain later), but he’s rich and has a cute husband and an unbelievably adorable dog, so I moved him in.

Then I built us a house, which was convenient, as if I’d been forced to stand out in the sun any longer our branch of the dynasty could have come to a sudden, crispy end.

Here’s my study. I’ve joined the Social Media career. They were generous enough to offer me a performance boost if I attended Geekcon, which I obviously couldn’t do without dying, so I spent most of my first few hours in the new place cramming Vampire Lore. You need level 11 to make Sunlight Resistance Cocktails. Let me tell you, that was a grind, and I know grinds!

Hilarious stuff. Absolutely riveting.

FINALLY, the sun went down, and I could invite over my prospective mate.

I gently encouraged him to quit his job.

And somewhat more forcefully ordered him to fall in love with me.

Fortunately, he’s pretty easily influenced.

Okay, that’s all the news you get for now, as I’ve got several volumes of vampire lore to get through if I ever want to get promoted. Give Mummy Lilith a kiss for me and tell Aidan not to worry, life gets much better once you've moved out.

-T

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #109 on: March 12, 2018, 02:05:34 PM »
Congrats to Tatiana on completing her requirements and moving out!
Caleb, your new coif is fabulous! I confess I squealed to hear that you finished Good Vampire.
Then I remembered that, as a spare, your feat is only noteworthy in a legacy challenge. Soz!

Tati is working fast--housemates, a house, and a spouse prospect already.
Johnny Zest was a surprising choice. :)  (Due to my mortal fear of goofballs...)

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #110 on: March 12, 2018, 02:35:01 PM »
Oh my! Tatiana is a sassy thing, isn't she? lol  Love that she's going for Johnny ^^ He'll always have a special place in my heart.

Offline commasplice

• Occult
« Reply #111 on: March 12, 2018, 04:43:11 PM »
I missed several updates I see! I almost fell off my chair when your sim appeared pregnant and very bald.

I still can't decide which team I like best. Everytime I think I have a pick, there's an update and I have to change my mind all over again.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #112 on: March 12, 2018, 08:44:58 PM »
Yes!!  A Mary chapter!!  And Tati picked Johnny!  Johnny as pollinator created such lovely options for my Took household!  To this day I second guess not choosing one of the twins he had with Eliza Pancakes. 
Tati and her exasperating smirk.  How delightful!  I certainly hope she visits with her dear mother(s) on a regular basis.  How on earth that child managed to get the good manners trait is bewildering, but simply proves the awesome superiority of Mary's line  ;=)
Go Team Mary!!

Offline wa-wa-world

• Vaguely Confused
  • Occult
  • Hi I'm Anna its nice to meet you
« Reply #113 on: March 12, 2018, 08:52:47 PM »
I honestly love tati? She's like so great and defo my favourite character so far even though I am going to miss seeing Mary and Caleb (still a vatore fangirl in the end)

I can't wait to see the next generation!
Gallery Id: Soda_Stealer

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #114 on: March 14, 2018, 02:41:24 PM »
@oshizu Thank you so much for complimenting Caleb's hair! Now we can all breathe easy! :D
I picked Johnny as the spouse for 2 reasons: 1. He's really cute and I think will make cute babies. 2. I feared for his life. Out of all Mary's vampire progeny, he was the one always walking around in the sun, sizzling. Now that he's in the household I can rest a little easier and at least force him to come inside.

@Shewolf13 Yup! I figured growing up a Chief of Mischief gamer would lead to a world of sass. Plus, she just makes those sassy faces. She's a sim who's packed with personality. I like Johnny a lot, too. I've only used him as a spouse once before, though, in an Apocalypse Challenge. I'm going to try and make it up to him by being nicer to him in this file. :)

@commasplice Yes, the great cc purge was a shock to us all, but I was desperate at that point. Fortunately everyone got their hair and clothes back within a few sim hours. :)

@PeregrineTook Yes! Johnny! I did take note of all the good pollinator work he's done in the past when I picked him. I'm hoping to keep the vampire-y gorgeousness going. And don't worry, Mary's still in the family club, so she's still around quite a bit.

@wa-wa-world I'm so glad! I'm trying to make her a little obnoxious, but in an endearing way, you know? She's very fun to write!

Goodnight, Week 4, Part 2

Hullo again Mum,

Back to the riveting news of the week:

Nothing to see here, just a couple of amorous bats.

So . . . .I’m kicking Uncle Caleb out of the club. Mr. Good Vampire not only distracted my painter from his duties, he drained him dry and then, THEN restored his life spirit, which meant I couldn’t turn him for, like, a whole day until the buff wore off. He’s sabotaging me, Mum. He’s gone.

He also took a mud bath in my private master bathroom. If that’s not worth a garlic sandwich, I don’t know what is. He clearly doesn’t know who he’s dealing with.

P.S. I’m pregnant.

Can you lock him in the basement or something? Gently ask that he hibernate?

Oh, right. So back to my twit. He’s got some sort of weird amnesia. Once I moved him in, he forgot that he knew me. He didn’t seem to know his dog, either. I thought for a minute he’d also somehow forgotten how to use a bed, but it turns out he just has a problem sleeping with strangers, and his husband, Brant, falls into the category of “stranger.”

Oh, excuse me, “acquaintance.”  So that’s lame. I thought I was getting this cute married couple and it turns out they don’t even know each other and I have to waste all this time getting them back together.

At least they brought Rosie. She’s the best thing ever. That’s Johnny after a makeover. I turned him into a hippie. Isn’t he adorable?

Cramming that Vampire Lore. It’s easier with a cute puppy nearby.

Crammity cram cram.

Aaaaaand . . .. done. Two hours after Geekcon ended. No starting bonus and no daily task done. Oh, well. Got promoted anyway, didn’t I? That's what the wishing well's for.

I went ahead and turned Brant. He seems pretty solid. He hasn’t forgotten my name or anything yet, so he’s got that going for him.

I turned Bjorn Bjergsen, too. He was the only human around at that time of night. Gotta love those polite introductions. He was totally on board with the whole undeath thing right away.

Fortunately, the Heckings are super compatible, so getting them back together didn’t take too much nudging. I also decided at this point that it would probably be better not to turn Brent after all because he’s the painter and if he’s still human he can get reward traits. I’m still mad at Uncle Caleb, though.

Our new well likes me. So far.

Wolfgang’s still kind of mad at me for choosing Johnny over him, but he let me turn him anyway.

Rosie’s in heat. She’s so cute, I can’t even. We should probably get her fixed, but who has time to go to the vet? Plus, those little hearts look adorable swirling around her head like that. Sweet  little lovelorn puppers!

Lol. I just love the look on Brent’s face. That’s the garden, by the way. It’s going fine, and Brant’s the gardener. I didn’t get quite everything when I harvested stuff from your place, (no cowplant berry, for instance) so he’s got to be able to graft. I told him once he hits level 5, though, I’ll buy him vet treat crafting table so we can make stuff for Rosie. He’s a really good sport and he’s way smarter than Brent, so I want to keep him happy.

Here I am getting pretty cheesed off about all the mistakes you made raising me. I’m doing the Public Relations branch of the Social Media career because of the five-day work week, and it turns out after it splits the skills I need are Writing and Charisma  . . . .not Videogaming. So I should have been writing that whole time and producing books for museum items instead of playing stupid BlicBloc and ripping posters off of electrical boxes in the city. But hey, I’m the reigning world champion in The R.E.F.U.G.E., so at least a lot of dudes in their moms’ basements are way impressed with me.

Maaike’s still a good mate, so she became progeny number 4.

And Bjorn’s daughter, Sofia, became number 5. Now she and her Dad will have something to talk about.

If she ever agrees to speak with him again after seeing his dark form. I’m not sure I will.

This picture is pretty much the entire reason I wanted the Heckings to move in. They’re SO CUTE. They’re, like, the cutest people and dog that have ever lived.

Johnny’s right up there, though, especially when he’s upgrading things.

Whoops! Time to give birth!
Catch you next time,

T

P.S. Ugh. Fine. I'm not a monster. It's a girl and her name is Tracy. How does it feel to be a grandma, Grandma?

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #115 on: March 14, 2018, 02:47:51 PM »
Yes!  Another little Mary clone!!  Okay, maybe not exactly a clone, but a beautiful little nooboo with Mary genetics going for her  :=)
And yes, Rosie is the absolute best thing about the Hecking household.  It's rather hilarious that your game basically dropped their relationship bars!  At least, it was hilarious to read about.  Perhaps it was frustrating while you were playing them...

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #116 on: March 14, 2018, 02:56:02 PM »
First things first...I adore Johnny's makeover!
Wow, how weird about Brent's relationships. Did Caleb's Restore Life Spirit do that?
Tati is nicer than I'd thought--after kicking someone from a club, they're asked to leave. Caleb, why are you still there?

Great that you got the Heckings together again. I've never played them but, um, aren't they married?
Bjorn's dark form leaves me speechless.

I'm always excited for a Goodnight update because it means the Moneypenny household is next! Just kidding.
Tati's making huge strides with Vampire Family--can't wait to meet the nooboo(s)!

Offline rika1431

• Townie
« Reply #117 on: March 14, 2018, 10:26:53 PM »
Ahhh, I love Tatiana! She's so sassy and spunky and perfect. Vampire family is always a great aspiration because it has no time requirements :P Also, quick call on not turning the paint slave! Turns out Caleb saved her, she just can't see it, hehehe.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #118 on: March 14, 2018, 10:30:40 PM »
I'm really looking forward to the nooboos.  I both love and loathe Tati XD mostly because she reminds me of some customers I deal with on a regular basis at the bookstore I work at XD  But still all about the Honey!  #TeamPonsonby!

Offline commasplice

• Occult
« Reply #119 on: March 16, 2018, 09:37:14 AM »
I was gonna pull out some favorite quotes and then I realized I would need to repost the whole update! You are a very good writer!