Author Topic: Three Times a Lady: A Rival Dynasties Challenge Story  (Read 45909 times)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Three Times a Lady: A Rival Dynasties Challenge Story
« Reply #120 on: March 16, 2018, 11:41:56 PM »
I'm loving all your characters but perhaps mostly I adore your portrayal of Caleb; the quintessential self absorbed, self-obsessed vampire. Just gorgeous! This is so beautifully written and such a pleasure to read. Can't wait to see what happens next. I think I'm team everyone as I just can't pick between the households!
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #121 on: March 21, 2018, 02:51:58 PM »
@PeregrineTook It becomes obvious pretty quick that Tracy is a Tatiana clone, through and through, but hopefully there's enough Mary in there to keep you happy. I was thoroughly flummoxed by the amnesiac Heckings, but they've kept their re-built relationships thus far, so we'll see what happens from here on out.

@oshizu Glad you like the makeover! I'm fond of it, too. I'll be sad to leave this household. I don't think I can blame Caleb for the lost relationships. Brent's amnesia started as soon as he moved in. I seem to remember some sort of relationship bug just after Cats & Dogs came out, and I'm wondering if it's related to that. This file is extremely old so I'm not surprised it's getting a little twitchy.
Tati didn't kick Caleb out of the club in person. :) She waited until the meeting ended and then did it passive-aggressively through the club settings panel.
Brent and Brant are supposed to be married! Hopefully I can get them back together before it's time for Tracy to move out. Grrr!

@rika1431 Yay! I'm glad you like Tati. I wanted to make her a little abrasive, but I'm glad she's still endearing enough to earn your approval! You're right about not turning Brent, of course, but I enjoy picking on poor Caleb, so I'm holding a grudge. :)

@Shewolf13 I love the nooboos, too, but after them come three weeks of toddlers and that just wipes me out! Glad you can tolerate Tati, but that you're still Team Honey. Yay!

@commasplice Thank you so much! That really means a lot to me.

@Playalot Oh, thank you! I'm very impressed with all the catching up you did on all of these stories, and I'm so delighted you've enjoyed reading mine. I'm especially happy you're with on Team Let's Poke Fun at Caleb. I'm kind of sorry I had to kick him out of the vampire club because there are fewer opportunities, but he does like to show up whenever he can. He just can't resist the spotlight!

Goodnight, Week 4, Part 3

Dear Mum,

Right, so birth was pretty exciting.

I forgot I locked all the doors to our bedroom, so poor Johnny had to panic outside. I let him in eventually.

I’m doing this new thing with the well where I don’t try to convince it to be in a better mood with money. I make someone else do it. Brent’s a good guinea pig. I don’t go near the thing unless it’s already happy. It’s working okay so far.

He really is cute. I know you think he’s kind of an idiot, and you’re not wrong, but I really love him a lot. I hope he doesn’t die before he gets sun resistance.

Another good reason to keep the Heckings around.

See? I let him in. He’s a really sweet Dad.

We bought laundry stuff. It’s probably a death wish, since Johnny and I are both goofballs and warm laundry makes you playful, but there’s a billion upgrades for Johnny to do while he’s leveling handiness and I’m hoping if we put flowers and stuff in there it’ll be okay. Fingers crossed!

‘Sup level 5? This suit is so hideous I kind of actually want to die, but I guess it’s good incentive to get promoted again.

Johnny proposed. In front of Brant, hoping to encourage him to get re-married to Brent so they can get all the happy moodlets, too. We’ll see if it works.

Oh, and I said yes. I don’t think we’re going to do a wedding or anything. You can send gifts, though, if you want.

He likes to watch the clothes spin. Bless his heart.

Wolfie turned in the bright sunshine right outside our house, so I invited him in to hang out and stay alive.

He sat right down and started doing his homework. Some renegade. Nerd alert! Oh, well. He’s probably going to marry Tracy, so I suppose it’s a good thing if he’s not stupid.

Good thing we got those laundry machines, eh? +2 Fine! High five! I’m as meh as I can be!

Johnny at the Falls. Level 7 handiness already, and about to start earning his keep for reals. He was only gone a couple of hours, but I missed him.

I was waiting on the porch with the voodoo doll when he came back. I know we have a weird relationship, but it works for us.

Thanks for the sparring match. You probably don’t need to choke me quite so hard next time. I get that you’re stronger than me. Good on ya, Mum.

Well’s still working.

Brant can graft.

I told Sofia her Dad’s planning to drive her to school in his dark form on Monday. Lol.

Yeah, life could be worse.

I’m pretty sure I’m Rosie’s favorite. Don’t tell anyone.

Maaike’s dark form is helping her get in touch with her feminine side. Wolfgang was not expecting that.

I mentored him in vampire skills and then taught him about responsibility. He was enthralled.

Vampire fight club. Sorry, I can’t talk about it.

I was all set to switch over at like 2 a.m. when we got the notice about Tracy’s birthday. She’s a total doll, and she looks exactly like me. She’s keeping the punk-rock haircut.

Love ya,

T

P.S. Tell Mummy Lilith she’s still my favorite.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #122 on: March 21, 2018, 02:58:54 PM »
Vampire fight club. Sorry, I can’t talk about it.

*chortles*

You are doing so well. I love all the vamps!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #123 on: March 21, 2018, 03:05:46 PM »
Great to see that the well has been cooperating with Tati lately!
Johnny is looking good! Your watcher is really tempting fate with two goofballs and laundry. I have the worst luck so no dryer for me, ever.
Oh, Tracy and Wolfgang, huh? I'm looking forward to his Francesca-style makeover when that day comes.

Wow, Maaike's dark form!
Awww, Tracy's so cute! She's got mommy's eyebrows and hair color. Can't wait to see more of her!

P.S. I hear you! I dreaded those weeks of intense (for early age-up) back-to-back toddler skilling across three households... *sends a vote of confidence!!!

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #124 on: March 21, 2018, 03:34:00 PM »
I laughed far too hard at Tati losing to her mother XD I might have cheered a bit too lol.  I do love her narration.  So delightfully biting lol

Offline rika1431

• Townie
« Reply #125 on: March 21, 2018, 04:25:38 PM »
-gloriously contented sigh- Have I mentioned lately that you're one of my favorite writers? No? Well, you are. Very high up on that list, too. I was going to go through and pick out my favorite quotes, but then I'd have to quote the whole post, and nobody wants that...gah, how to pick favorites with such fantastic writing?!

This one, though, this one was gold: I know you think he’s kind of an idiot, and you’re not wrong, but I really love him a lot.

Offline wa-wa-world

• Vaguely Confused
  • Occult
  • Hi I'm Anna its nice to meet you
« Reply #126 on: March 21, 2018, 05:48:09 PM »
Why do I have the horrible gut feeling that Wolfgang is going to be burnt?

And haha Fight club
Gallery Id: Soda_Stealer

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #127 on: March 21, 2018, 09:22:21 PM »
So much to love. Not going to quote or you'll be rereading your own chapter.  ;)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #128 on: March 22, 2018, 05:02:31 AM »
I may say i adore the last picture of mother and daughter.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #129 on: March 22, 2018, 07:39:16 AM »
Oh my goodness!!  Tatiana as the storyteller is delightful!  "Vampire fight club.  Can't talk about it."  Brilliant!  So many little things like that were just so clever and had me smiling the whole time  :=)  Of course, she comes from Mary's gene pool, so of course she's awesome  ;=)  On that note, so glad that Mary got a guest appearance (while beating up her daughter).
Go Team Mary!

Offline commasplice

• Occult
« Reply #130 on: March 22, 2018, 10:15:06 AM »
Vampire fight club (I almost spit out my coffee!)

Also: "He really is cute. I know you think he’s kind of an idiot, and you’re not wrong, but I really love him a lot. I hope he doesn’t die before he gets sun resistance."

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #131 on: March 23, 2018, 02:24:47 PM »
@reggikko Thank you! I love them, too! I'm so glad the vampire option was added to this challenge. It's a great excuse to delve deeply into that pack. Vampires are so much fun!

@oshizu I know the laundry was unwise, but I couldn't resist! Plus, I think they nerfed the playful buff a bit with the last patch, so I'm breathing a little easier. This house does make me a little tense, though, with both the playfulness and the sun-sensitive baby vampires. I'll be very proud of myself, indeed, if I make it through without any unexpected deaths. I've really got to keep Wolfgang alive, though, because I, too, am very much looking forward to giving him a makeover!

@Shewolf13 I enjoyed Mary's victory, too. About time she got back at her daughter, just a bit. :)

@rika1431 What a lovely compliment! You've made my day. I'm patting myself on the back as we speak. :) And I'm very glad you like Tatiana. I feel like she and your Kiku would get along well.

@wa-wa-world *Gulp* I hope you're wrong! I have plans for that guy! Well . . . come to think of it, Wolfgang may get burnt a bit next week, just not literally. Not yet, anyway!

@Playalot Thank you. You're very kind. :)

@LenaLJ I like that shot, too! They look so much alike already!

@PeregrineTook Yay Team Mary! She's the only one who didn't get kicked out of Vampire Club to make room for Tati's progeny, so she's around quite a lot, and I like seeing her, too. Gotta keep the founders close at hand!

@commasplice :) Thank you. I'm glad you can appreciate Tatiana's particular brand of affection for her hubby. They're very sweet in their own way.

Moneypenny, Week 4, Part 1

Ladies,

I’m afraid I’ll have to be even more brief than usual, and you both know the reason why.

Here I am attempting to make up for my shortcomings by mentoring my darling boy in fitness. You can see I’ve recovered my hair. Many thanks to the both of you and your offspring for not taking too many pictures of me without it.

I begged Felix to stick mainly to the treadmill to avoid bulking himself up too much and spoiling his lithe, Adonis-like figure, but teen boys from Sixam have just as much testosterone as their human counterparts and sometimes they’ve just got to hit something!

And here’s the real blow of the week:  Corey and I got anxious to see what our grandchildren might look like, so we bought Arielle a closet and popped her into it to see if we might get a peek at her alien form. Turns out the form we were seeing every day for the past week . . . that was her alien form. It just happens to look nothing at all like an alien.

She’s still a lovely girl. 100% alien. Got the glow and everything, but she hasn’t got access to any alien skin tones or eye colors, and she can’t even wear the sixam space suit. We fixed her up as best we could to help her fit in with the rest of the club, but well . . .

One wants the best for one’s offspring, and I’m sure we’ll all agree that one glitch tends to lead to another. As much as I adore Arielle, I’m afraid she’s no longer the number one spousal candidate.

That title now belongs to Creepy Rhonda.

Felix got the basketball backboard to match the museum door behind it. Isn’t he clever?

My congratulations, Mary dear, to your daughter on scoring the handsome Heckings as housemates. Brent, the non-vampire-y one, hangs out in our neighborhood park often and does a lot of grilling.

A LOT of grilling. He even ran out of picnic table space and started leaving full plates of food on the ground. I expect he’ll have maxed cooking by the time he gets back round to Tatiana’s place. A pity no one else there eats.

Monday morning I sallied forth for my final day of work. I know I could have bribed the wishing well a time or two to promote me early, but after I heard the well had turned on you, my sweet Loelia, I decided to accept last week’s gift horse without asking to take any peeks at its dental records, if you know what I mean.

Felix took the day off school and spent it analyzing our fellow club members to see if any might serve as helpful housemates or future family members.

5:00 p.m. Promoted as promised.

5:05:  all grown up.

All grown up, indeed. Rhonda, I swear on my life, you treat him well or I will grind you into space dust.

I can’t face the rest. I’ll leave it to Felix to tell his own tale. I, myself, have got a date with a basketball hoop.

Cheers,

Eve

P.S. You’d better believe I’ll be there at the G&K for every last gossip session. Pour me a pint, I shan't be late!

Dear Mum,

Now, look. You knew this was going to happen. You steer a young man away from something hard enough, you know very well he’ll steer himself right back to it as hard as he can. You brought this on yourself.

And by “this” I mean your charming, stunningly attractive, much beloved daughter-in-law. But more on that later. ;)

I think I’ve formed a rather crack team of housemates, if I do say so myself. There’s Rhonda, of course, and Jillian, who I thank you kindly for moving out so I could ask her to move in, and the fellow in the hat is good old Addison Su, logic mentor extraordinaire. As you can no doubt tell from his disguise, he’s got a fantastic sense of humor.

Here’s the house. A Felix Moneypenny original. I don’t think it has quite the flair of the one you built, Mum, but it does the job and also seems to announce fairly clearly, “Aliens live here. Don your tinfoil hats now,” which I think is an important quality.

Jillian set to work straight away on the garden with the plants I lifted from Sixam and your yard.

And we all of us got cracking on the rocket ship in the backyard.  If you peek off to the right in this picture, I think you’ll see something that should please you. We didn’t have room for a basketball court, but we did manage to fit in something equally silly and entertaining for club gatherings:  a rock-climbing wall! I can’t wait to see you and Dad up there. It’s going to be fantastic. Even better than dunking, I promise you.

All right, then. Think happy thoughts. Deep breaths. Rhonda and I . . .

are very much in love . . .

We are soulmates.

And we are having a baby.

There now. That wasn’t so bad, was it?

Incidentally, did you know she’s an alien?  (I’m joking! I’m joking!)
More later. I do love you, Mum. Give my best to Dad. I'll be in touch soon.

Yours,

Felix

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #132 on: March 23, 2018, 02:57:09 PM »
You got me! I was feeling so upset about "creepy Rhonda" until her human disguise was revealed.
She is lovely. She looks fantastic in that shot on the treadmill with her back turned.
She must be helpfully skilled from all the time spent skulking around Eve's household.
But most important, Felix is smitten!
Congrats to Eve and Felix for completing all the move-out requirements!
Looking forward to Felix's era!  Beech Byway?

Offline rika1431

• Townie
« Reply #133 on: March 23, 2018, 02:58:06 PM »
-flails- OMG. Felix. -swoon- More, more, more, more! I'm a greedy goose for your writing, and I'm not ashamed.  ;D

But really, I was honestly expecting to have at least one heir that I wasn't fond of, but their styles are so unique and fantastic, I love them so  much!

Offline wa-wa-world

• Vaguely Confused
  • Occult
  • Hi I'm Anna its nice to meet you
« Reply #134 on: March 23, 2018, 03:58:44 PM »
Oh wow Rhonda is actually cute! It kinda sucks about what happened to Ariel though

The house looks great too I love how you give the Alien houses such different shapes to the other houses

The way you're doing this challenge has definitely inspired me to give it a try once I'm done with the Calientes
Gallery Id: Soda_Stealer