Author Topic: Sims 3 doesn't recognize my new graphics card (AMD Radeon R9 380)  (Read 5806 times)

Offline Plady

• Nooboo
I bought a new graphics card, AMD Radeon R9 380. In DeviceConfig it says "Found: 0, Matched: 0" I managed to get it to "Found: 1" by adding my card in GraphicsCards, but "Matched" was still set to 0. I looked through GraphicsRules but it was a bit too complicated for me to understand.
What can I do?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Sims 3 doesn't recognize my new graphics card (AMD Radeon R9 380)
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 10:39:19 PM »
The files in the zipped file attached should work for you. Download and unzip. You can overwrite the current .sgr files with these.

-- Fixed the file and attached it, had the wrong device ID. Now the DeviceConfig file should be able to say "Found: 1, Matched: 1"
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Plady

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2017, 08:40:35 AM »
I replaced them, but DeviceConfig now says "Found: 0, Matched: 1". Is this a problem?

Edit: It works now! Thank you thank you thank you!

Offline saerju

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 01:38:43 PM »
sorry to necro this thread, but im really running out of ideas ): ive downloaded the provided sgr files above and only changed the device number in in the graphicscard sgr from 6938 to  6939 (assuming it has to match my device no)
im getting found and matched as shown below, but when i reset my graphic options it will still default to the minimum (everything to low).... help?(i deleted my cache inbetween aswell)

Name (driver):   AMD Radeon (TM) R9 380 Series
Name (database): AMD Radeon (TM) R9 380 Series [Found: 1, Matched: 1]
Vendor:          ATI
Chipset:         Vendor: 1002, Device: 6939, Board: e308174b, Chipset: 00f1

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 01:54:54 PM »
The zip file above should already be set up to recognize your card. See link below:
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=28599.msg467022#msg467022

If you haven't, try downloading that - overwriting the graphics files that are there is fine. This will help the game recognize the card.

You may also need to change the settings in your graphics software. I think it's called AMD Radeon Software Crimson, but I'm not positive on that as I use Nvidia.
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline saerju

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2018, 02:19:58 PM »
Yes i used the files you provided and only changed the device id to match mine, i also tried your files without changing anything but regardless the results are the same, it tells me found 1 match 1 etc but when resetting the defaults are on low making me believe that something cant be quite right.. what options would i have to change in my radeon settings? vsync?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2018, 03:40:34 PM »
I found something that might help -

Getting the game to recognize your graphics card
https://crinrict.com/blog/2013/06/getting-the-game-to-recognize-your-graphics-card.html

The link above should help with what to change in your graphics software.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KhaineGB

• Immortal
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2018, 10:14:03 PM »
Alright, being honest, don't worry about the game recognising your card.

With what you have, you can literally go into the options, set everything to high, set the resolution to whatever your monitor is (likely 1080p, or 1920x1080), hit save and it'll work.

Done this on an R9 290X, Radeon 6650, GTX 980 and GTX 980Ti with 0 problems. Always saves, runs and looks great.

Offline saerju

• Nooboo
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2018, 04:49:10 PM »
MrsFlynn yeah, the page you linked refers to the step by step changes for the sgr files (which were basically the reason i made changes to your provided sgr files), and the case of having two graphics cards (which i have not), but thank you for the effort nonetheless (:

@KhaineGB  see, im having some bad issues with sidescrolling edge lag, and all i ever found considering this problem were people raving on about how this got solved when they finally managed to get the game to recognize their gpu /=

Offline KhaineGB

• Immortal
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2018, 07:08:49 AM »
The only way I fixed side-scrolling lag was to use a custom world. Some of the original ones are terrible for causing lag.

anything