Author Topic: Saves are replacing each other  (Read 1847 times)

Offline Fashionsimm

• Llama Wrangler
  • Billion Dollar Baby
Saves are replacing each other
« on: June 22, 2017, 07:27:51 AM »
Hello!

I've managed to fix my last problem just to encounter another one. Today I went into my game to play my Bachelorette Challenge and saw that the most recent save wasn't there and instead my City Living save, which I had played yesterday had replaced it and was renamed after it. I managed to find an older save of my Bachelorette Challenge and so I tested it out again and saved it using 'Save as' (which I always use) to find that the same problem. I've never had this problem before so any help is appreciated!

Thanks in advance :)
Bl♡e Haired Diva
-------------------
Wang Legacy Challenge
Must haves (TS4):Vampires, City Living

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Saves are replacing each other
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 12:58:37 PM »
This is most likely due to the new saving system. Please forgive me if you've already tried this.

Have you tried recovering the game save in-game or through the Saves folder? More info on that in the post linked below:

How-To: Restore a Saved Game
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=21519.msg387147#msg387147

Also, there is a known bug with Save As - See this post for an example:
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=28551.msg467150#msg467150

If the recover/restore doesn't work it may be worth posting your issue on the answers HQ forum using the thread linked below and clicking the Me Too button under the Original post.

Save Issues after Update
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Save-Issues-after-Update/td-p/6081467
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Fashionsimm

• Llama Wrangler
  • Billion Dollar Baby
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2017, 01:39:27 PM »
Thank you for the help! I'll try these and see if it works!

Edit: I have tried to recover it and it has worked! I guess everyone with this problem will have to keep recovering until an update of some sort fixes the problem entirely. Thank you MrsFlynn.
Bl♡e Haired Diva
-------------------
Wang Legacy Challenge
Must haves (TS4):Vampires, City Living

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2017, 04:30:03 PM »
@MrsFlynn

I vaguely remember hearing about a "new save system" during the month I was taking a break from Sims 4.
Do you mean the save menu with thumbnail images of households?
I tried googling the forum for more info about the new save system, but with no success.
So sorry to trouble you but would you please direct me to a forum thread discussing this? Or should I read through May/June patch notes?

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2017, 05:18:26 PM »
@oshizu
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=28551.0

Thank you for the link @Playalot

The discussion on that thread confused me a lot.
I've started using different Sims 4 folders for different long challenges, though, so whatever is supposed to happen or not happen hasn't troubled me (yet, which means I've just jinxed myself).
I guess I should post my question on the other thread.
Again, thank you for the link!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2017, 06:01:59 PM »
Basically as long as you rename the 'save-as' file the exact same name as previously, you should be fine. The issue is that you should not have to rename when using 'save-as'.

If you do not re-name the game automatically renames it for you along the lines of 'savegame 3' (or how many saves you have up to that point).  This is causing players to become confused as to which file is what.

The next issue is then when using 'save' the game automatically saves the currently being played game as the last game played. This makes it super easy for save games to get rewritten basically, if you started playing a different game. (Or in other words, if the game you are playing now is a different save file to the one you played last.)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.