Author Topic: Sims Eugenics, or, Vlad's Nose (Complete)  (Read 36449 times)

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
  • Oh the grill indoors will be fine!
Sims Eugenics, or, Vlad's Nose - Part 33
« Reply #120 on: March 26, 2018, 06:54:32 PM »
@oshizu You had nearly 10 words for is narrow shoulders. Gasp. He is unfortunate with that. Ahilac will invite him over to give him a makeover next episode. Let's say she's an alien... and that means she knows how to do miraculous surgery. Yeah, Kelly is in her adventurer outfit quite a lot there. Now that she's left her fund raising, she also changed her wardrobe to be more businessy and soulless and corporate.

@FrancescaFiori My favourite is Kelly missing holidays to the basement... I'm fond of Quentin's nose and happily display it often. It gives him distinction. I'm very glad to have had him, because the genetic trait that survives might not be so aristocratic. It could've been HS / Allie's eyes and narrow mouth, for example. In the next save the founders are such odd looking freaks, I'm sure if any trait survives the descendants with that trait will be hideous, not handsome.

@Playalot Complete wisdom! All the wisdom! Well we could get faster results, but at the cost of not liking the sim as much. A part of me still wants to see the killer joke in action... but only if I've got the means to bring everyone back to life and apologise to them profusely.

-----

Part 33.

Kelly and Quentin stand in the garden.

I didn't ask all Kelly's old boyfriends over to fix that issue, and yet here we are getting married. It's strange. After the disappointment of the wedding, I loaded up the save and the very first thing I clicked on was the arch and Kelly could marry Quentin without any problem. The catch was she was in her sleepwear. And I figured that such an exciting state of undress was not the way to be married, and I didn't want to post such pictures. So I cancelled the "get married" action, changed outfits... and of course when I queued it up again the bug was there. So I made sure that next time I saved, I left Kelly and Quentin fully dressed and would try again. So without the fanfare of a white cupcake dress and bow tie, we have an officially hitched couple.

Next big event is the highly anticipated teenage birthday of Ethan, the first of Quentin's children. (And Kelly, but she doesn't have a memorable nose so, whatever.)

And...

... that's not Quentin's nose! So this next shot is carefully positioned so that both Ethan and Kelly's faces are in profile.

I guess if they held their heads in the same position the angles would look similar. It's a nicely straight nose, but on the safe and boring side.

Being genetically plain, Ethan had to stand out another way. Look out for his pants and purple shoes. I admit there's not much range in my sims. Your observations are on point! This is more out of the ordinary than is usual for me. But the crazy clothes are there too right? 

The attention is now on Lacy. But she's still a few days from aging up. Here she is in the science room finishing her Whiz Kid goals.

Miracle, who died being Very Uncomfortable, had not improved her mood. But still she cleaned up the many spoiled drinks at the bar. Very kind of her. I'm not sure the living sims would do that if they were in that mood. For that matter, they don't even clean up the bar when they're perfectly happy.

If there was a group icon above Antwan's head, you might rightly suspect there was some ghost sauna woohoo, but I'm quite sure that didn't happen. Miracle is just trying to de-stress, and if Antwan had other ideas I can't say. Nothing like that happened. Still, when a ghost is in the sauna, you take a photo. That's how it works.

More Antwan.

A fairly generic family moment. Three generations working on a school project together. I was taking that photo half wondering when Antwan might kick the bucket, and whether such a happy moment might be one of the last. (No it isn't. Needless sentiment! He live forever it seems.)

Quentin stands next to a window.

Because he really didn't want anyone to take his next juice? I've run out of creative reasons to justify this! You know... I'm starting to think my sims like the bar.

It's been a while since there's been a nice picture of the fireplace here. And this is also the insignificant first time I made butternut soup. Because there's usually something more exotic to cook. But good butternut soup is very good.

One of Kelly's new looks. She looks far too confident in her ice-cream making skills than is necessary.

And finally, we take the plunge and swap the modest but functional desktop with the Spy Computer Alyssa unlocked. It had been sitting in the inventory. You know how it is... the old one is fully upgraded and modded, and the hassle of doing those upgrades and mods again is deflating. But Ahilac had the handiness, and Quentin was getting the programming -- yes, he's going down the Oracle branch -- and the mini tesla coils are fun so the swap was made.

Antwan looks bemused by it.

-----

Next time: Lacy looks to left (in CAS), Ethan looks to the right (in CAS), and Chadwick looks better (in CAS)
It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Sims Eugenics, or, Vlad's Nose
« Reply #121 on: March 26, 2018, 07:04:55 PM »
Ethan may be genetically plain but he certainly will never go unnoticed. I used the killer joke once, felt so bad that I quit without saving. Fortunately I was playing in a casual save where quitting like that did not tarnish me as a cheater.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #122 on: March 26, 2018, 07:30:53 PM »
Nobody stands next to a window like Quentin. Nobody.
You know, I used the Weaponized joke once, and found it very disappointing. People got dazed. Ho hum. The Funniest Joke in the world is, indeed, quite funny, but it hasn't ever been lethal in my games, either. The playful hot tub filter on the other hand . . .
Ethan looks quite jaunty. I like him, even if he doesn't have my favorite facial feature. I'm still holding out hope for Lacy.
I will have to remember the rule about taking photos of ghosts in saunas, especially when they're not doing anything amorous at all.
So much CAS coming up! As usual, I am very excited!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #123 on: March 26, 2018, 11:43:57 PM »
I'm glad that Kelly finally made an honest man out of Quentin, lol.
What a weird glitch about the her outfit and the wedding arch, though.
Loved that shot of Quentin stoically coveting his drinks by the window.
Kelly looks lovely over by the ice cream maker--why's she feeling so good about herself, I wonder.
Despite a prominent nasal presence, Ethan grew up very handsome. Do you think he resembles Antwan?
I clicked on screenshots of both Ethan and Antwan for closer scrutiny but couldn't decide...

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #124 on: March 27, 2018, 10:01:07 AM »
I've been silently following your story for a while now and figured I should finally speak up and tell you how much I've enjoyed your genetic experiment.  And my thanks to @oshizu for convincing you to share it with us.  It's funny how Vlad's nose has persisted for so many generations, yet Himalayan Salt's eyes disappeared rather quickly.  I'm looking forward to seeing what odd looking freaks you have in store for us next time.  ;)

With that said, I'm glad to hear that the powers of Full Edit Mode will be used on Chadwick in CAS.  Ahilac deserves a man with shoulders. 

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
Sims Eugenics, or, Vlad's Nose - Part 34
« Reply #125 on: March 28, 2018, 06:00:16 PM »
Thank you to all who read along. Special wave to @BallerinaHippo I applaud anyone who has managed to read any of this. Doubly special if you're largely unaffected by it.

@Playalot I can imagine a room of half a dozen dying sims, and more standing around mourning. Thinking of the playful ways to die, that room in the last photo does now have 3 FuzzRead articles. So Ahilac is at level 9. That room could be a morbid comedy death room. Just one of the picture gives a +2 playful mood. If anyone told a good joke with the mic it would be suicidal. I'm not even going to dispose of Antwan that way.

@oshizu And thinking of Antwan, I'm just assuming the genetics only looks at the parents, not the grandparents. But if anyone were to sigh over pictures of Antwan, that would be entirely up to that Person, and we wouldn't judge...   

@FrancescaFiori I didn't know until you told me! But it seems you are in good company. As rewards go, the weaponised joke is not the top of the list especially when you can set up a comedy death room like mine without it. If it was a goal to kill a sim with laughter, grinding all the way to the weaponised joke is the worst way to achieve that. That said, tests on Salisbury Plain confirmed the joke's effectiveness at a range of up to 50 yards. Top brass were impressed.

-----

Part 34.

The sweet, lovely, and married (!) couple autonomously use the massage table. Which is fine. It gave Quentin a good mood. But strange because I removed "do spa activities" from the club. Partly to avoid awkward woohoo in the sauna.

Lacy's age bar was bubbling, and before blowing out her candles having a last game of stab-the-toy-and-then-mend-the-toy for the empathy. Having written it like that, someone unfamiliar with the game might be surprised to know that playing stab-the-toy is good for emathy. It totally is. Just believe me. Ignore what other people say!

Fans of Quentin's nose must appreciate the Moral Dilemma I was in here. In the end I felt it was a better picture if it faced Lacy.

And the final eugenics child ages up to a teen...

... with some truly apt and awful teenage style. Gaudy everything. Ladies, this is how to look sophisticated.

And here are the two final sims doing their homework. So the distinctive genetics have run their course. The road is closed! The court is adjourned! The train has derailed! The ship has sunk! The family are now normal. The Granny Smash is just there because this is a totally normal family, and this is how every teen does their homework. It comforts my sims to see a drink there. It's a soothing sight to see.

Lacy looks to the left.

So she kept glasses and big earrings and a youthful hairdo. She has got Anissa's and Kelly's blue eyes, and I'm fairly happy she doesn't have the hook nose. Alyssa had it, and it was awkward, and then Quentin had it and perfected it. And we're fine with that.

Ethan looks to the right.

Not a bad looking kid at all. But you wouldn't know he was a descendant of Vlad and Harriet Smith.

Lacy again. This is the bathroom where Anissa died on her wedding day. It was only since seeing @oshizu use such style that I have been brave enough to give wildly coloured pants to anyone.

Ahilac, the best and greenest sim, invited Chadwick over having noticed that he's now a Young Adult. He got the Unflirty trait which is disappointing since we're trying to romance the dear man, but it hardly slowed down the progress at all. Ahilac's magnetic charisma - she's level 10 charisma, super friendly, socially gifted etc - overcame any thought of resisting Chadwick had.

And the first thing she did, after the heart-melting "impress with video game prowess" interaction, was to give him a makeover.

That's just Hair and Shoulders. I thought I'd take this picture to show it is the same sim and show the progression and change from strangely-shaped-blue-man to normally-shaped-but-still-strangely-blue man.

I figured I'd keep the jacket he had and just use a different colour combo.

And he emerged from the closet to having his heart strings pulled by Romantic Poetry. Yes. Red pants. The same evening closes with Ahilac having fallen madly in love with his blueness and redness and proposes marriage in the bathroom.

Meanwhile, Antwan still lives and still autonomously does athletic things that exhaust him.

The indoor pool got those lane markers at some point because it looks cool.

Ethan and Lacy have a chat one morning before school - I think her first day at high school. All the solitary homework and skilling and whatnot left them both with low social meters and I felt a bit bad.

And there are Ethan's purple shoes!

Ahilac has returned home having reached level 10 of the Social Media career. I think that makes her a spin doctor. Wonderful timing.

And finally, the whole family watching an alien movie. I chose this screenshot for Quentin's nose.

-----

Next time: well... this has now caught up to as far as I've played. The eugenics experiment is over. The two sides of the family have been united and we've seen the children. There is of course the 3rd child of Quentin, with Ayaka, who may or may not have the nose. But if he does, he is only descended from the HS + Vlad --> Nick --> Alyssa --> Quentin side, and has no genes from the HS + Adonis --> Allie --> Antwan --> Kelly side.

A nice house was built. Many interesting sims passed though it. Next will be the wedding of Ahilac and Chadwick which will conclude this challenge / story / thing. Which will be fun because Ahilac and Chadwick will look pretty! And there will be drinks! And we'll eventually see them again! And one more chance for the nose remains!   
It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #126 on: March 28, 2018, 06:57:11 PM »
Wait, wait, wait! The Nick/Alyssa/Quentin side of the equation totally matters!
I, for one, shall not rest until I see Quentin's child with Ayaka!  *waves protest sign furiously

To be serious, I am looking forward to the wedding of Ahilac and Chadwick.
What, drinks? In that house? Who would have imagined?
If you might permit me one question: Why does Quentin appear to be boogying down while his daughter seduces Chadwick?

Ahhh yes, I read that "one more chance at the nose remains" and feel reassured that you will not deny the insatiable curiosity that you have cultivated in us!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #127 on: March 28, 2018, 09:46:46 PM »
I hold great hope that the genetics of The Nose will have somehow just simply skipped a gen and will be back for with a vengence.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #128 on: March 29, 2018, 01:09:46 AM »
Quentin did perfect the nose, and when you put it that way I feel less sad about its disappearance.

Chadwick scrubs up NICE! Just a little hair and shoulders and the guy's a dreamboat worthy of even our Ahilac. I approve. No one asked for my blessing, but I'm giving it anyway.

Very happy that this adventure will be ending with a wedding. It's perfect! And one more chance at the nose is all I need!

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
« Reply #129 on: March 31, 2018, 08:16:42 AM »
@oshizu There's a wall mounted radio in that painting / writing room which has been there since the start. As I'm sure you know, painting while listening to music keeps the fun bar moving up. There are in fact far too many radios in the house. So Quentin's boogying down is not a bug. He's in a sensible frame of mind.

@Playalot He nose no fear. He nose no danger. He nose nothing. Sorry. I just remembered the Johnny English poster which clearly left a mark on me as a teenager. Moving along... yes, lets hope for some interesting facial features in the future save.

@FrancescaFiori Do you give your blessing often? Or easily? I feel this is crucial for Ahilac to know! I've played the wedding. It's just organizing pictures and such.

-----

Wedding prep:

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
Sims Eugenics, or, Vlad's Nose - Part 35
« Reply #130 on: March 31, 2018, 09:23:20 AM »
Part 35. The Wedding of Ahilac and Chadwick.

The first part of the wedding planning was the build mode stuff as above. I thought of trying one of the nice wedding venues in the world, but the house has been an integral part of the adventure so it seemed better to have it at home. It's also - by miles - the fanciest venue. On the other hand, we've recently had Quentin and Kelly standing under the arch and repeating that scene is betraying the hopes of all 5 readers. So the deck was created by deleting that toddler / child bedroom. Actually, Lacy has her bed there still but with Ahilac moving out from her room, Lacy can take that over. Bed space isn't a problem.

The second thing to do was to reset Ahilac to the beginning of Young Adult so she's the same age as Chadwick.

The cloned serum didn't work, but a cloned Potion of Youth did.

And so the wedding was planned. Kelly of course spun into her formal outfit which was her wedding dress. Bad form.

So she hastily visited a mirror to change hair and dress.

I had no control over what Chadwick might deem appropriate, but here he arrives. And he looks splendid.

Ahliac spun into a black dress. Also bad form. And she wasn't even around when Anissa died at her wedding! 

But she had prepared for this eventuality and changed into the cupcake dress.

Her playful mood is clearly evident here - she had just watched a comedy. We don't want another death at a wedding. Ahilac, you're glowing. In a bad way. Go fix that.

Accomplished chef Antwan was put to use as the caterer. Because I don't trust the folk you hire. Sometimes they just slink off to the bar, and Antwan would never do that. And he's a Master of Stoves and Grills so we earnestly hope for some impeccable quality wedding food. We're starting off with macaroons.

More guests arrive. A random teenager with vampiric aspiration. I'm not sure how Ahilac knew him such that he got invited, but there's often a Random (or twenty) at such events who the bride and groom know little about so it's fitting enough. The mother of the groom chats to her son.

And to avoid any unplanned excitement and visit from Grim, Ahilac calmed herself at an mirror.

And now she looks too serious. And having lost all sentiment, when she went to Chadwick with the goal of marrying that happy man, she was quite content (to my displeasure - Ahilac and I sometimes fall out. It doesn't happen often, but you know, miscommunication and such happens.)... she was content to get hitched standing in front of the house.

Hey, it's scenic enough, but girl I did *not* spend all that time in build mode for you to do this. Just saying. Have some sentiment. Don't just stare at the passing traffic, go to the arch and have a lofty view of distant forest... and of closer-to-hand Beverage Fountain. You'll love it.

Take two:

Ayaka has gone straight for the macaroons. Is that realistic? Sigh. It probably is.

Ahilac and Chadwick hereby become relatives.

Some guests didn't sit as they chose to dance. In the passage behind the door is Kelly, Quentin, Ethan, and the random teenager. Dancing. But never mind that, some of those outfits are... not what I'd choose.

-----

Next time: the conclusion of the wedding. One takes many pictures of weddings. This is part 1 of 2. I'll post that shortly.

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
Sims Eugenics, or, Vlad's Nose - Part 36. The End.
« Reply #131 on: March 31, 2018, 10:32:55 AM »
Part 36. The Conclusion of the wedding and of Everything.

Ethan was supposed to be babysitting.

He did grudgingly go. We discourage underage juice. I tend not to pay much attention to teen formal outfits in CAS because they never get seen. And certainly, they aren't designed with a wedding in mind. So this was Lacy:

Lets hope she's thinking of the karaoke machine.

Antwan's catering had not gone to plan. This is the cake he autonomously baked.

And even with the wedding topper, it didn't work as a wedding cake. It might be a bug, it might be something I did. Either way the sugar free carob and coconut cake is not as super thrilling as a wedding cake can be, and it wasn't the worst thing to have to make something else.

On a building note, the arch and chairs would be packed away and a basketball hoop put up here. 

So Ahilac, having just married the man she seduced in a matter of hours, bakes her own cake.

The money plants have been moved, and you can see Quentin tending to them through the door.

And we may well ask why Ahilac is baking her own cake. Ah. Well. Because Antwan decided to slink off to the bar.

Ahilac's cake is out of the oven at the moment Quentin the background... (this is momentous)... calls Augustin Suzuki to visit! I would've invited him as a wedding guest, but Ahilac who planned the event didn't know him.

And here is the long awaited third child of nosey Quentin.

So that's all three children not inheriting Vald's, Nicks', Alyssa's, and Quentin's nose. I do think Augustin (an insane genius) is a better looking sim that Ethan.

One more exterior shot of the house. In the bottom of the picture one of the long lived vampires walks by.

Of course Ahilac and Chadwick do their "eat the first slice" thing in the deepest depths of the gym basement. But it's still cute.

Much of the party had moved into the drawing room. Hired piano man looks very smart, unlike some people. Lacy and Kelly watch a movie that later made them cry.

Considering how fancy the wedding was, and how much the hired help costs, I feel the mixologist could've tried a bit harder.

I dunno. Something tells me he could've made more of an effort. What on earth has led him to the point where he chooses to dress like that at a wedding!

In the course of the evening Antwan grilled impeccable steak on the grill. And dear Chadwick takes it upon himself to clean that. Yup. Sometimes married life is cleaning the grill.

One last thing to do, in preparation for saving Ahilac and Chadwick, was to try for baby.

Ahilac taking a pregnancy test coincided with the end of the wedding and the screen that allows you to move the spouse in. And that reset Chadwick to the edge of the lot, where his new bride gave him the happy news.

-----

On that optimistic note and promise of new life, here ends the Sims Eugenics Program, or, Vlad's Nose! Ahilac and Chadwick were saved at this point, with her pregnant. No strawberries or carrots were consumed. No music was listened to. We cannot tell what gender the child will be.

I've got a new save which I'll start sharing now. In that save which I'm just a few sim week in, some nooboos have been born. However, because of not having enough carrots or strawberries, I left the second pregnancy to chance and all the kids (and more than I planned for) are the same gender. So Ahilac and Chadwick wont move into that world until the following generation of kids is about to happen. If they moved in now, there's obviously a 50 / 50 chance that this child is the same gender as my colourful swarm of children and cannot, in the future, procreate with them. On the plus side, it's something to eagerly anticipate, and the child of Ahilac and Chadwick is certain to be colourful too. 

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #132 on: March 31, 2018, 01:41:02 PM »
What an absolutely chaotic and somehow appropriate end to this tale of your grand house and its residents.
Everything that could possibly go haywire during the wedding did, and yet it all made perfect sense, thanks to the dry commentary.
Through it all, Ahilac looked devastatingly elegant. Nice move to clean that grill, Chadwick. I like you already!

Thank you, near the end, for bringing us Augustin Suzuki. I feel he and Ethan (with his thick eyebrows) are an even match in terms of looks, but I have only one image to go by.
It was great journeying with you on the evolution of your house and the genetics of Himalayan Salt and Vlad.
Thank you for sharing. I eagerly look forward to your new story! <3

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #133 on: March 31, 2018, 03:32:38 PM »
A fitting end! A stunning wedding! A nooboo on the way!
Go ahead and tell Ahilac that, no, I do not give out my blessing out often. Then again, it's not as if people are exactly clamoring for it. I'm no pontiff. I don't get a lot of requests. Even if I did, I would have no reservations in bestowing my blessing upon this happy couple. They're perfect.
I love your wedding patio and I'm a little put out with Ahilac for attempting to ignore all of your hard work by getting married on the front steps, but I'm very happy it all worked out in the end.
That bartender, though! What could he have been thinking? And standing behind a filthy bar. It's a shame no one in the house has ever practiced mixology or they could have just avoided hiring one altogether.
I'm sad to bid farewell to this marvelous household, but so delighted to have a whole new one to look forward to! And, of course, the triumphant return of Ahilac and Chadwick. Hooray!

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
Re: Sims Eugenics, or, Vlad's Nose (Complete)
« Reply #134 on: March 31, 2018, 05:48:07 PM »
@oshizu and @FrancescaFiori Thank you so much for the company. Yes, I felt the house needed a flourish! It's possibly my favourite sim house. I think Kelly in that dress which matches her eyes, pulling that face, is my favourite picture of her. She's a great sim. She missed out on a perfect set of childhood traits, but that's nitpicking. I'm glad Antwan lived through it all. He's in the very last picture. In the window, on the computer.

I'll miss the dining room! I can't reuse the design.

Exit Bunthorne.

anything