Author Topic: Jax's Immortal Dynasty  (Read 20744 times)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Jax's Immortal Dynasty
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2018, 03:49:28 AM »
Thanks everyone. Glad I'm not the only on who thinks Cali was way out of line too! lol
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Chpt 5 Wedding
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2018, 04:17:43 AM »
Poor little Brandon maxed his last toddler skill filthy and sitting next to a stinky potty. Not my finest moment as a watcher...

Made up for it by having Jax spend some quality Dad and Son time.

Soon it was time for Brendon's afternoon nap. His last one which made for a little bit of a poignant moment for Kourtney.

Kourtney: ...and the little Prince rode off into the sunset never to be seen again.
Watcher: I'm sure the kids gonna be scarred for life from hearing all these evil tales.
Kourtney: Don't be silly watcher, I'm leaving out all the truly evil parts.
Watcher: Sheesh. :-\

Meanwhile Jax managed to spend a few hours quietly fishing and thinking over what he would say.

Which proved to be a rather pointless waste of time for as as soon as he saw Kourtney he couldn't seem to form a single thought.

Jax: My Gosh, you're...
*longish pause*
Jax: I....
**pause*

Kourtney: I love you too and I promise to only love you all the days of my life Jaxon McConnell.

After a slight hiccup and two cakes later the first piece was taken. Unfortunately by then the bride had wandered off...

Luckily someone called for Kourtney and the Bride and Groom stabbed each other in the tonsils as is the custom in some strange countries...

Liberty: That's such a weird custom.
Watcher: I know, right?

There was a distinct lack of guests for the tonsil stabbing ceremony so I went looking.

Watcher: Umm...hi Nancy... you're looking...Oh gawd! The Alter of Cow!!

Watcher: Oh ladies I'm so sorry. I meant to fence them in...I completely forgot.
Dina: You don't say.

Watcher: It's not that we don't all sympathize with your plight it's just that we might as well reap from your misery... you know, so it wasn't a waste.

The party went rather well after that with everyone chatting and so on.

Jax made everyone drinks, which I have to admit did lead to a few accidents with there being slightly more guests than bathrooms but no one perished from dire embarrassment so no harm done. *cough*

The Bride and Groom managed to steal a few moments together here and there during the night.

And even Dina managed to enjoy herself despite her 'mishap'.

Jax only had eyes for his bride.

And long after the last guest had left Mr. Brandon McConnell finally had his hearts desire in holding a sim hostage to his non stop and perpetual asking of 'Whyyyy?' Mind you Eric was steadily working his way through the last cake so he probably didn't mind.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2018, 10:44:44 AM »
I think parties with cowplants is a great idea, actually.
Maybe when Jax hits Mixology 10, he could even mix those mood drinks...mwahahahaha.
Oh wow, I just had an evil but unintentional thought about your resident glutton. Yeah.

Just had a thought about Cali passing through your locked doors.
In one of my games, the home doors were unlocking whenever I load the game or leave the lot. The toddlers' bedroom door won't lock period.
Oddly, when I play Sims 4 in a different Sims 4 folder, doors work fine.
Are your doors all staying locked as intended?

Forgot to mention a few updates ago that I love that clear-top round table with the turquoise chairs.
I'm glad to see that dining set in your renovated house1
Brandon is such little handsome fella in his suit! I'm really looking forward to meeting him as a child.
(What is Brandon doing in that cloud of dust while his father "only has eyes for his bride"? Lol)

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2018, 01:58:31 PM »
I mean . . . you gotta get those essences somehow. Shame you can't really control what mood the NPCs will be in when they eat the cake. Unless you put a bunch of mood-aura objects next to the cowplants. Oops, don't mind me! Just plotting out loud!

Lovely wedding! Lol on the tonsil-stabbing. It really does look much more violent now that you mention it!

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2018, 05:03:28 PM »
Bwahahahaha!  That is ingenous!  "I forgot to fence them in, opps" kekekeke, that's hilarious.  Love it.  Absolutely love it.  Excellent way to get those essences.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2018, 05:16:31 AM »
@oshizu  yep door locks are working fine, the only other locked doors are the ones leading into the main bedroom and I haven't had to reset them since making the house. The toddler in a cloud of dust is playing in the cupboard, it's a standard animation that happens when toddlers play with pots and pans - I guess it's easier to make a dust cloud than animate them actually playing with pots and pans *sigh* The table and couches etc, in fact all the CC build/buy I use is from Simsational Designs. I love his stuff, he's a very talented cc maker.

@FrancescaFiori  Such a good idea. The little aura lamps from having TS3 expansions would work quite well. TBh I didn't expect uncontrolled sims to be so attracted to the cow plants as they certainly haven't been in previous games. Perhaps some developers ninja retuning as taken place!

@Shewolf13  alas it has not been planned, I really haven't experienced such an attraction to the cow plants before so I hadn't factored them in as being remotely useful when it came to uncontrolled sims. I did try getting uncontrolled sims to eat the cake years ago and it was an abject failure so I pretty much never considered them again. Chances are, knowing my luck, that if I set up an aura filled cow plant space no uncontrolled sim would then go near it! lol All the bonus essences have been useful to date apart from Eric's last one which was flirty, still, never know. It may come in useful for the Serial Romantic somewhere down the line. ::)

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2018, 05:38:01 AM »
That makes it even better, that it was unplanned! I swear, the game knows when we want/ need something and then just withholds it XD until you've either given up or would rather it not happen.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Chapter 6 School Time
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2018, 06:40:52 PM »
The next day Dale started his exciting journey into the world of art with his portrait of Jax and Kourtney’s wedding.

Watcher: It’s very good, yes, indeed… umm.

Jax whipped up yet another cake and called up a birthday for a special little person.

Wishes were made.

And Brandon was so excited to age up he leapt right across the kitchen benches.

Birthday congrats were shared.

Dale: Happy birthday squirt.
Brendon: Thanks!

Sims danced. (I’m missing the dance skill… a lot.)

Played games

Guests sacrificed themselves on the Alter of Cow. (Really must get a fence there, this is getting old.)

And quite a few cakes were eaten.

Brendon: It’s not that I’m ungrateful Mom but I’m a little sick of cake right now.
Kourtney: I know but our watcher's weird and keeps insisting we eat them all.
Watcher: I am not weird! I’m just trying to get your party requirements to register. Rude.

Eric: I don’t mind at all watcher, in fact I’m quite happy to eat everything you offer.
Watcher: Thanks Eric, well one day I might be your very own private watcher. Err… that sounded a heck of a lot better in my head …Tina Turner anyone?

Gym Time…Woo!

Kourtney: What is it with your obsession with taking us all to the gym watcher?
Watcher: I don’t know really… It’s just kinda something I always do. It’s fun.
Cali: Well I quite like working out.
Watcher: Like your opinion counts *eye roll*

Jax: *Cracking up*
Trainer: Look if you’re not going to take my directions seriously I’ll just go train someone else.
Jax: Oh no…sorry Dale was just telling me jokes.
Watcher: hahahha *awkward*
Dale: Hehhee

J: So do you come here often?
Maia: No not often, but I’d like to if you were here.
Watcher: *gobsmacked* Wow! Are you two, like flirting with each other?
J and Maia: Go away!

Watcher: How goes it kid?
Brendon: Good thanks watcher.
Watcher: Have you had a nice birthday?
Brendon: Yep, I wish that I knew someone my own age.
Watcher: Aww, that’ll happen soon enough when you go to school.
Brendon: *Excitedly* So are you actually going to let me get to know other kids instead of working hard every day?
Watcher… err. No.
Brendon: Oh. ☹

The next day Brendon heads off to school bursting with excitement.

Brendon: Well… I’m not bursting but I’m pretty happy anyway.

Dale finally manages to paint something worth keeping.

Dale: Ahhh, the deep satisfaction from creating something wonderful.
Watcher: Nice, we’ll hang that in the kids room for all eternity.

Now that Jax has completed everything apart from some friends and some fish to complete the angler aspiration he’s pretty much free to do what he wants. Which happens to be cooking topless a lot of the time. Fine by me. Let's just hope he looks as trim during his Adult years!

Jax: I heard that!
Watcher:*Fake Russian accent* You heard nothzing
Jax: lol

The pros and cons of modern education were discussed over some fish tacos. (Get used to it-that’s all anyone will be eating for a while. Zero calories people!)

Jax: How was your first day of school?
Brendon: Good. I got a B in my test so the teacher likes me.
Jax: I’m sure he’d like you even if you still had a C Grade but that’s good to hear son.
Eric: nom nom nom Oh these taste great Jax!
Jax: Thanks!

Later that evening we all headed out for a break from the house. (Watcher was going slightly stir crazy staring at the same walls!) Kourtney continues writing her lively tune.

Dale continues his painting run of masterpieces. Pity he’s not quite at the part of the aspiration where they will count but it’s all money for the house which we need.

The ladies fished and frog-hunted.

But eventually everyone was sent home so I could enjoy some quiet time with my founder.

Watcher: Ahhh, this is more like it, peace and quiet.
Jax: Get’s pretty nuts with us all eh?
Watcher: Well everyone stays on task except Cali. She’s the bane of my life. *sigh* if she’s not eating food, she’s trying to make it, or drinking your drinks, or trying to talk to someone, or just plum disobeying my orders… gawd, she’s driving me crazy.
Jax: Well she did graft us a death flower.
Watcher: I know, I know…

The peace and calm of night time fishing continued…well, peacefully. Such bliss.

Watcher: Ha! That fish looks like it’s laughing at you!

Jax: What, this one?
Watcher: lol Yep!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2018, 07:05:21 PM »
A lot of grinding has taken place which is always difficult to write about, Jax was lucky enough to get the work op for the Snagglefluster within 30 mins of heading to work at L9, he got it and then I changed his work tone to 'Work Hard' so he maxed his career that night. He'd already maxed mixology as this is the only way to get the work op to appear (L9 career with maxed mixology skill.) Although now that we have the Snagglefluster drink I don't think I'll be using it.

I'm not sure if I can count another birthday party (Brendon's) as Jax's 5th party having previously counted Dales YA birthday party in the same location - rusty on the rules, so I'll probably throw a House Party when Brandon's next at school and apart from catching a few more fish and making friends Jax is done. I'll leave the fishing and the friends until after his Adult Birthday and focus on making some money with the housemates as I'd like to get some more building done.

I have to admit, I was expecting it to be a bit more difficult to do with just Base Game but really it's just the inconveniences that are annoying to deal with. Not having many options for long buffs for work is probably the most 'difficult' thing to get around and perhaps I should have made it a rule for myself that fished cow plants are banned. I think in terms of general difficulty, maxing all toddler skills is challenging. I suspect it wouldn't be much easier even with some DLC although I did think that Brendon might have been bugged as his energy seemed to plummet a lot faster than any other toddler I've played. He would only last half a day before being in the red energy need again and I'm sure other toddlers have lasted a lot longer. Still...at least that made it interesting to manage.

I'm considering a pollinator too as I have loads of time to fill and least that way I get to have another generation of Maxis made Townies in my game which is always fun. 

Thanks for reading along, any suggestions or thoughts welcome.  :)

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2018, 07:23:30 PM »
Um.. hey, Play, wanna upload Cali by any chance?  I have a couple of game files I can use her... (mostly testing a few- nasty things XD).  Hehehe, anyway, in all seriousness, it's always a treat to hear how things are going.  I'm always one for pollinators ^^ hehehehe.  Especially if they parade around in their sleepwear and/or swimwear.  What?  Don't look at me like that!  I don't have a problem... really... 

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2018, 08:06:09 PM »
I'm your private watcher, a watcher for money
I'll do what you want me to do
I'm your private watcher, a watcher for money
And any old music will do

omg....i have to stop typing the lyrics to dat song! *giggles

If a single toddler wasn't hard enough, what about...having twins then adopting one more nooboo for triplets? Just kidding. I wouldn't wish that on any simmer.
I've only got the Snagglefluster twice in three RL years, so I'm drooling over Jax getting that Secret Recipe opp (or whatever it's called) so easily!
An immortal Founder who can mix Snaggleflusters is pretty OP. :D

I would love to see a Maia nooboo. I think she's quite gorgeous!
Not as breathtaking as your shirtless cook, mind you, but very close!

And cowplants are very easy to come by once you have a dragonfruit, so a ban like that wouldn have slowed Jax down by a few days. :D
Especially with your super-duper Gardener. *cues sarcasm

I vote for a pollinator! *raises hand a little too eagerly
Brendon aged up into a junior heartbreaker. No surprises there! (errr, Brendon? Brandon?)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Chpt 7 Brandon Makes Headway
« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2018, 04:35:03 AM »
Lovely way to start the day. Kourtney posting away her first piano song.

Kourtney: I hope it doesn't get lost in the post, I'm sure it would be better to email it.

Brendon doing what all good heirs do, skill grinding.

Brendon: Oh is that what you call it? I thought I was just doing my piano lessons.

Dale's the best brother and is always around to encourage and help.

Despite deciding to leave completing fishing till after Jax's adult birthday I got bored with being on the dynasty lot...

Jax: Well, I've only got two more fish to go now so we might as well get this finished.
Watcher: Couldn't have said it better myself!

Maia breaks open the mineshaft that leads to the Grotto.

Then proceeds to befriend yet another gardener and invites them to join the household. What on earth was she thinking?

Maia: Don't blame this on me watcher, you're the one who told me to do it!
Watcher: I know, I know. I was hoping a hot young male gardener would spawn in.
Maia: Well?
Watcher: Nope, another lady.

Brendon continued his quest to max all the aspirations and made some friends..by fighting apparently.

We headed off down the mines...

And pretty quickly caught a batfish...

Jax: One down, one to go.

And the creepy google eye monster...

Jax: Done and dusted.
Watcher: Grats! You made that look easy!

Here's Jax's 20 fish that completed his Angling Ace Aspiration

Watcher: So welcome Blake, to the dynasty house.
Blake: Thanks watcher.
Watcher: *Glumly* You're welcome.

*Perks up*

Watcher: Ooooo another self sacrificer...nice!

The next morning Jax has a liquid breakfast.

Jax: Mhmm
Watcher: That's the trouble with having a mixologist in the house.
Jax: What?
Watcher: They turn into drunken lushes...
Jax: Hardly! This is my first!
Watcher: Yeah and it's not even 9am
Maia: *Snort*

I take Dale with me to go visit Alice as her parents are losing their grip on reality.

Alice: They are? Huh? I don't really know what you mean!

Dale: It's alright, I got this. Both Vivienne and Dennis just need their ties to the mortal world strengthened.
Watcher: Right.. that's what I said.

We arrive home to this.

Jax: I'm allowed to kiss my own wife watcher. In fact, we're going on a date.
Watcher: Oh nice! Where we going?
Jax: You're going nowhere. WE are going out.

Jax: This is where it all started.
Kourtney: It is, just over there by the river.
Jax: I'm so glad I saw you sitting there that day. You looked beautiful.

Kourtney: I knew you'd come over and introduce yourself.
Jax: You did? How?
Kourtney: Well, I actually first saw you the day before and overheard your watcher mumbling about finding a spouse. I have to admit to wanting to know more and to get to know just who that handsome man was.
Jax: You've never told me this before!
Kourtney: Us girls have to keep some secrets you know, so we have an 'air of mystery' about us!

Jax: I love you very much Mrs McConnell.
Kourtney: Oh thank you! I love you too Mr McConnell, now and forever.

Teen: Go away watcher, you're putting me off my game.
Watcher: Shhh, I'm not supposed to be here. Actually, now that I look... there's quite a lot of you teens hanging around here...

Brendon: Hiya! In 6 days I'll be the same age as you and then you can be my girlfriend.
Teen: Uhh..hi... huh?
Brendon: My watcher said you would make a good dynasty sp....
Watcher: *Loud Coughing fit* Hhahhaa, don't mind Squirt there...hahha, kids these days.
Teen: Uhh... k. Well... I'm going now.

Finally after waiting nearly all day another child arrives at the park.

Branson: Hi!
Kid: Hey!

Watcher: Wow! Rude, no need to be so mean, red hair is lovely.
Kid: Ginga.
Watcher: Woah! That's quite enough of that you evil little kid.
Brandon: My mum's evil.
Kid: Oh that's actually pretty cool...
And so Brandon's last requirement on his last aspiration is met. Grats kid you're now a wonder kid.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2018, 07:23:50 AM »
I can't say which is a prettier sight...
Jax's fishing collection, that first shot of Jax on the bench with Courtney at Magnolia Blossom, or all those teens at the park.

Gratz to Jax for completing Angling Ace and to Brandon for finishing all 4 aspirations.
So what now? Brandon's spouse hunt? lol.

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2018, 12:21:14 PM »
The pros and cons of modern education were discussed over some fish tacos. (Get used to it-that’s all anyone will be eating for a while. Zero calories people!)

Sorry to disappoint you, but I've just checked the tuning and fish taco's are 300 calories.  You might be better off with garden salad at only 50 calories.  I *think* you can make grilled chicken at some point which is 0 calories, as is fish & chips and grilled steak.  However I have all expansions installed so it's possible you don't have access to any 0 cal food in base game.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2018, 12:58:11 PM »
It's irrelevant about the calories really @HelenP  but thanks heaps for checking. Interesting as at launch fish tacos were the lowest cooked food as checked by a coder, not me...I'm not technical at all.  :) You might like to check out this post and make any corrections. There are a few 0 calorie options in just the BG but it's not such a big deal that I would add any DLC back in at this point just for that. It's really just a reference back to my first Dynasty which if you wanted to read you can find a link to in the Hall of Fame or in my signature actually!

Definitely all those teens! @oshizu  quite interesting that so many spawned in eh! I've already found his spouse... that teen in the screenie with him. She's housed with a mom and sibling so she's not going anywhere! Unless I can find a 'better' adult sim, she'll be the one. I like adult sims for spouses better as they die sooner tbh. Sheesh...I'm such a mean watcher! That sounds so bad.

I had a PM asking me how I removed all my DLC to play with just Base Game so I thought I'd quickly pop an explanation here too:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

anything