Author Topic: A Sharebears Legacy Story: You Give Me Fever (4/7/18)  (Read 11213 times)

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
A Sharebears Legacy Story: You Give Me Fever (4/7/18)
« on: March 19, 2018, 07:57:49 PM »

Good morning viewers and welcome. This morning we're talking to Ms. Sherry Hebert who has a very interesting tale to tell. Ms. Hebert?

Hi Jim and thanks for having me. I need to make just a weensy correction before we continue.

My name is Chere, not Sherry. It's pronounced like "share." And my last name isn't HE-bert, it's French, so it's A-bear.
Share A-Bear, long "A." I'm originally from Simisiana, of Simcadian descent. You know, like down the bayou?

Thanks for clearing that up. Now, tell us why you're moving to Brindleton Bay with basically nothing.

Sure thing! See, my family has been feuding with the Boudreaux family for years. Old Mrs. Boudreaux got a witchy woman to
curse us and now our lifespans are cut short. I can lift the curse, but it will take ten generations to fulfill all the requirements.
It's going to be tough, but once it's done my family members will be able to live a normal lifespan again.

Well, that certainly is fascinating but I'm afraid we're out of time. When we get back from the break, a leading infectious disease expert will
explain how you can avoid the recent epidemic of Rabid Rodent Fever.

What have I gotten myself into?

Lifespan: Normal
Gender Law: Strict equality
Bloodline Law: Strict traditional
Heir Law: First born
Species Law: Tolerant

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
Re: A Sharebears Legacy Story: Bandwagon Jumpers (Intro)
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2018, 07:58:52 PM »
Sim Stats

Blue text=Completed Aspirations

Generation 1

Chere Hebert
Role: Founder
Traits: Loves Outdoors, Geek, Family Oriented
Aspirations: Outdoor Enthusiast, Freelance Botanist, The Curator, Fabulously Wealthy, Mansion Baron, Super Parent, Big Happy Family
Career: Scientist (L10)

Riley Speer
Role: Primary Spouse
Traits: Loves Outdoors, Bookworm, Goofball
Aspiration: Master Vampire
Career: Writer--Author Branch (L9)

Antwan Hendricks (Moved out as elder)
Role: Secondary Spouse
Traits: Loves Outdoors, Active, Cheerful
Aspiration: Big Happy Family
Career: Painter (L5)

Rashid el Khouri (Death by Cowplant)
Traits: Cat Lover, Insane, Ambitious
Aspirations: Grilled Cheese, Master Chef
Career: None (Former Repairman)

Tate Burke (Death by Rabid Rodent Fever)
Traits: Insider, Foodie, Art Lover
Aspiration: Friend of the Animals
Career:Politician (L10)

Generation 2

Annalise Hebert
Role: Ineligible spare
Traits: (Angelic) Happy Toddler, Loves Outdoors
Aspirations: Whiz Kid, Artistic Prodigy, Big Happy Family
Career:Barista (L3), Babysitter (L3)

Alasdair Hebert
Role: Gen 2 Heir
Traits: (Inquisitive) Happy Toddler, Geek
Aspirations: Whiz Kid
Career:

Aubrey Hebert
Role: Ineligible spare
Traits: (Charmer), Happy Toddler, Cheerful
Aspirations: Artistic Prodigy, Social Butterfly
Career:

Family            :   1/10   1 generation young adult
Creative         :   1/10   1 generation memorialized
Fortune          :   4/10 
Love              :   1/10   3/27 unique primary spouse traits
Knowledge     :   5/10   22 maxed skills; 16/42 unique skills maxed
Athletic          :   6/10   13 completed aspirations; 11/34 unique aspirations completed
Nature           :   4/10   4/13 collections (plants, frogs, space rocks, geodes); 6/6 emotional paintings; 13/13 aspiration rewards
Food              :   0/10   
Popularity       :   0/10   
Deviance        :   6/10   21 potions of youth
Parenthood     :   0/02
Penalties        :         0
Handicap       :      1/1 (Extreme Start)
       TOTAL    :  29/103

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2018, 08:07:41 PM »
Loved this intro!
I didn't get her name until Chere Hebert explained it! Pronounced like a true Simcadian from Simsiana! (Didn't it used to be a French territory?)
The added mystery of a witch's curse is so intriguing, too!

Can't wait to read how Chere goes about fulfilling the requirements to lift the family curse! Yay!

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2018, 08:32:37 PM »
@oshizu Yes, Louisiana was a French colony, then a Spanish colony, then a French colony again, and finally sold to the US. Hebert is a pretty common last name down here. There are also Audiberts and Roberts (Audi-bear and Ro-bear). But, since this is a Sharebear Legacy I thought a play on Share a bear was appropriate, so Chere Hebert was born.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2018, 09:49:10 PM »
Oh wow!  Loving this so much, reggikko!  I will be reading along avidly!

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2018, 03:39:15 AM »
Another sharebear? Interesting to see where this is going.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2018, 01:54:48 AM »
Wooohoooo! What a wonderful start! I'm beyond excited to have another Sharebear. Or, excuse me, Chere Hebert! Such a clever name!
She's charming and I love your talk show intro. Love that you've got a backstory, too. Lifting a curse is some darn good motivation. Go for it, Chere! I believe in you!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2018, 08:16:42 AM »
One of us!  One of us!  I mean...uh...welcome aboard  :=)
Loved the intro!  Such a clever twist to do it as a news/talk show sort of thing.  Looking forward to seeing how things shape up for dear, darling Chere!

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
Re: A Sharebears Legacy Story: Prologue: I Put a Spell On You (3/24/18)
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2018, 12:22:20 PM »
I had no idea what to do next, so I set out to meet some people, get the lay of the land. Maybe I can find someone who can tell me what I need to do to lift the curse.
The first person I met was Matthew Desalle, a community gardener.

He's not really my type and we hadn't been talking for five minutes when I realized I would not be inviting him to move in.

Matthew: I'll tell you right now. I hate children. So, if you plan on pulling me into some crazy scheme just to get my maxed
gardening skill, you've got another think coming young lady.

Chere: Rude.

Matthew: I just want you to know where we stand. I'm not interested in marriage or in holding down a regular job.
I like my life just as it is, got it?

Chere: How about we arm wrestle? Check out these guns! You wanna piece of me, old man?

Matthew: Hold on, now. Let's not get ahead of ourselves. I'm not destined for a major role in this thing, but I can help you on your way.
Meet me at Desert Springs Park at 9 sharp tomorrow morning. There's a woman you need to see.

Despite my reservations, I did as he said.

Wow, a noncommittal slob who hates children. Be still my poor heart!

Matthew told me to head to the far edge of the park where a woman would be waiting for me.
I ran back as quickly as I could and there she was.

Chere: Hi. I've been told you might be able to help me out? I really need to know what I should do next.
It seems like I'm adrift and there's something about the path not taken that keeps popping into my head
but I can't seem to make any sense of it. How can I not take a path when I don't even know where the paths are? It's all so frustrating.

Marie: :::yawns::: Lord, how you do chatter, child. You need a talisman for protection until you lift the curse.
Go to Magnolia Promenade and get a knight in shining armor. You may never sell it. By giving over all your worldly funds,
you show the spirits that you are worthy. Now, please excuse me while I go find someone interesting to talk to.

Chere: Rude.

I stayed at the park until nightfall and, since I didn't own a single thing, decided I may as well just sleep there.
At least the view is nice.

The next morning my head was clearer. At least I had a task to complete. I spent most of the day at the park,
scavenging for rocks and crystals, catching frogs, and doing a little bit of fishing. Late in the day, I finally had enough
stuff to sell to be able to afford that knight thingy and some bare essentials.

I fell into the tent, completely exhausted and fell asleep immediately. I'm not sure how much time had passed when I heard
someone hissing my name.

Voice: Misssss Hebert? I have a Messssage for you. Can you Ssssstep out of the tent, pleasssse?

Chere: So, what's the mess....Wha....Who....

Voice: Thissss won't hurt a bit, sssssweetheart.

Chere: I don't....I'm....so sleepy....

Suddenly, my knees buckled and I felt myself falling.

Voice: Ssssomething ssssomething...hermit....woodssssss....fallsssss....

I think I heard my own voice then: Rude.

The next morning, after a quick Google search on my phone, I booked a ticket to Granite Falls.
I hope I'm doing the right thing. Once there, I sought out the park ranger for help.

Chere: So, this may seem totally random but do you by any chance know of a hermit who lives hereabouts?

Ranger: Follow that path past the fallen log. Look to your right and you'll see the way to go. Just a little pro tip, sweetie.
It's always a good idea to wear the proper attire out in the woods. Your boots are good but the rest of you looks like you are more
at home in a snug coffee shop than in the deep woods.

Chere: Um, rude!

I followed the path and sure enough, I found a spot that looked like it might be the way to go.

It seemed oddly familiar. Like I'd been here before. But, no, not here. Somewhere else where I had to clear a path to move forward.
It's right on the edge of my memory, but I can't quite grasp it. Maybe it was just a dream.

Well, here goes.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2018, 01:18:52 PM »
Oooooh, I love every little thing in this chapter.
First, the chapter title---the version sung by Nina Simone, amirite?
Chere is cheeky and sassy and meets the weirdest people.
Simply love how each stranger she meets not only provides Chere the clues forward while also managing to rub her the wrong way. Lol
Hissing Vlad, possible spouses who pan out, a cool narrative twist on the Knight as talisman, the vague memories of other lives!!!
And then the cliffhanger...  :'(     

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2018, 04:02:17 PM »
Chere saying rude all the times remind me of Stephanie Tanner from Full House.
Cant wait to follow and see what she finds.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2018, 06:06:02 PM »
@oshizu I'm so pleased you like the chapter. For a while, every Sim Chere met was mean or evil or hated children. It's almost like there was a curse or something. ;)

@LenaLJ Thanks so much for reading. I have never even seen one episode of Full House. I know of the show and the basic premise, but I never watched it. I was probably too old to have enjoyed it when it came out.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2018, 06:50:13 PM »
This is so marvelous! I'm completely drawn in. I love the knight statue being a talisman. It ties in perfectly!
I also love the vague memories Chere has of her other timelines. It's so intriguing and wonderful.

I can't wait to see what counsel the Hermit has for our heroine! She's doing so wonderfully, and she has such spirit!
(I do hope she meets someone with a decent personality soon!)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2018, 07:17:04 PM »
Chere saying "rude" was probably way more delightful and charming than it should have been. 
Hmmmm, I wonder if the hermit will be handsome and charming...and have maxed herbalism  ;=)

anything