Author Topic: Legacies of the Valley (March 9 -- Sheil) Graveyard  (Read 53791 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: Legacies of the Valley (Sep 15 -- Gus)
« Reply #120 on: September 15, 2018, 01:06:15 PM »
Oh my XD Poor Gus. I feel bad for him. I giggled a bit too much at the poison spots though XD

Quite fetching, aren't they? I think Gus needs to work out a bit more.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #121 on: September 15, 2018, 01:39:03 PM »
hehehe, yes they are!  In testing when JA first came out, I didn't bother to cure my sim at the time, mostly because the spots were a bit too much fun XD Yeah, quite possibly.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #122 on: September 15, 2018, 03:40:04 PM »
This household and their watcher are obviously pros at appeasing the gnomes who are hanging out nicely with their halos.
Tsk tsk, Gus! Why tempt fate by showing Madilyn a photo of your scantily-clad self and that vendor?
You know what they say: What happens in Selvadorada...

Selena is a cutie pie!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #123 on: September 16, 2018, 09:26:08 AM »
THE WATCHER'S DIARY, YEAR OF THE DOG

Spring
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Summer
Fall
Winter

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #124 on: September 16, 2018, 08:18:09 PM »
Chapter 48

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
Vincent and Octavius have become used to ghosts showing up in their apartment. After all, it was advertised as "haunted;" that's why they were able to get it so cheaply.

But Vincent was a bit shocked when his sister-in-law, Abigail, made an appearance. "How come I wasn't invited to the funeral?" he asked.
"There wasn't one," she said. "Grim took me by surprise when I was out for a jog. I almost made it to Skye Fitness, but my timing was off."
"That -- bites," Vincent was going to say, but Abigail vanished mid-sentence. Vinent thought for a moment. With Abigail gone, that meant his brother Sam was the sole surviving member of Pierre Soriano's household. Pierre had been the first winner of the Lottery. Maybe he should give Sam a call.

But in the meantime he had work to do. The Casbah Gallery had fallen behind in its insurance payments, and Vincent needed to teach them a lesson.

Now you see it, now you don't.

In the lobby, he saw his friend Jas Lewis, one of the City Council members. Jas had refused to donate to Big Bugsy's favorite charity (himself), so Vincent extracted a donation from her when he gave her a hug.

He couldn't do any more work for a while, so he sat in the lounge and considered blowing a bubble. But in his line of work, he had to keep his mind clear, so he just sat and watched people for a while.

Vincent was up early the next morning, looking for snow globes. He had an almost-complete collection, missing only one.

He went to the Spice Festival, hoping to pick up one from the swag counter, but that was closed. Instead he learned that Samosa was hotter than it sounded.

Prank Day arrived, and Octavius and Sheila had a lot of fun pretending to scare each other.

Vincent celebrated at the Futures Past museum.

That evening, at the Humor and Hijinks Festival, he completed his Chief of Mischief aspiration. Since he won for the Pranksters almost single-handedly, he felt proud watching the fireworks.

He didn't have to work the next day, so he took Sheila to the park in Oasis Springs. Ordinarily she enjoyed playing on the monkey bars, so he suggested that she do that for a while.

"No," she said firmly, and Vincent discovered that his sweet, well-behaved daughter was going through a rebellious phase.

"Everything's been going so well for me, and now my daughter won't do what I ask her to. I don't know what to do," he complained to FLAP. "I feel frustrated."
"I sense that you feel frustrated," FLAP responded. "What do you do when you feel frustrated?"

Since he was caught up at work, Vincent went to the gym to vent his feelings on the punching bag.

See Vincent's new apartment in Chapter 58.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: Legacies of the Valley (Sep 16 -- Vincent)
« Reply #125 on: September 16, 2018, 09:29:13 PM »
Oh dear, those phases can be tough.  Heh, now you see it, now you don't.  I loved that part. He looks so satisfied with himself.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Legacies of the Valley (Sep 16 -- Vincent)
« Reply #126 on: September 19, 2018, 02:26:55 PM »
Chapter 49

Cody didn't like it when people said that none of the Mullners had sense enough to come in out of the rain. He didn't think that as a family they were any less intelligent than their neighbors.

But then he tried throwing a dinner party. He didn't discover that one of the toilets was broken until it was too late. Bethany fell asleep outside before she could come and join the party.

And George fell asleep when he went outside to greet Bethany.

For his next party, Cody prepared better. He made sure that all the plumbing was in good working order, and he made a few drinks beforehand.

By the time he had to fix dessert, Cody knew that a gold party was in the bag. His cake turned out excellent, and he could have written a laudatory review of it if he wanted.

For work, he made most of his visits incognito. Everybody fussed and gave him top priority when he came as the Dread Critic Cody, but when he wasn't in pirate garb, he got treated more like an ordinary customer. He also learned more gossip. He hadn't realized until Ghost Night at the Rattlesnake Bar that Abigail Soriano had died. This was interesting because it meant that Bethany's brother Sam was now the sole heir to Pierre Soriano's lottery winnings.

Sometimes he was treated too much like an ordinary customer, as when the waitress at the Diving Pelican dumped a load of dirty dishes onto his table.

Cody and Bethany weren't the only ones so favored. Cody had easily found the topic of his next column -- The Dumping Pelican.

Sometimes Cody did don his pirate outfit and go out as the Dread Critic. After all, he had to keep the mystique alive.

And Bethany liked the outfit. When Love Day rolled around, he dressed up just for her.

They tried skating at the rink. Cody was relieved that he didn't fall upon his sword, but he was still sore.

Later that day they went to the Romance Festival. It was interesting seeing people there. Shane and Maru Maldonado were still in love.

But Kathy Harvey appeared to be on her own. Cody felt sorry for her, so he bought the one picture she had for sale.

Back at home they found Kent practicing yoga. He was in very good shape for someone his age. Cody claimed it was the yoga, but Kent attributed it to his military and police work.

George and Johan were talking about something in the kitchen. It turned out that Johan had been seeing a monster under his bed, even though he had a nightlight.

Bethany took the spray bottle to dispel the monster.

"We need a bigger house," she told Cody. "I almost fell over Johan's bed when I walked into their room."
"That might happen soon," said Cody, and he told her about her brother's inheritance.
"Yeehaw!" said Bethany. "Now you're talking. When can we move?"

The Mullners move to a bigger house in Chapter 59.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: Legacies of the Valley (Sep 19 -- Cody)
« Reply #127 on: September 19, 2018, 03:43:05 PM »
Omg, I about fell off my chair at the "At least he didn't fall on his sword" bit. I am currently still chuckling at random moments, even several minutes later. I do love his pirate outfit (it's one of my favorites in the game).

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #128 on: September 19, 2018, 04:49:05 PM »
Omg, I about fell off my chair at the "At least he didn't fall on his sword" bit. I am currently still chuckling at random moments, even several minutes later. I do love his pirate outfit (it's one of my favorites in the game).

The pirate outfit is definitely Bethany's favorite.
As for your earlier comment about Vincent's stealing, I enjoy it too, except when he comes and takes something from a household I'm currently playing. I wish that other Sims could have the interaction to demand that a kleptomaniac put something back.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #129 on: September 19, 2018, 05:22:28 PM »
Yeah, that would get annoying.  Does it just disappear or is it something you can give back later?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #130 on: September 20, 2018, 02:18:13 PM »
Chapter 50

It happened so quickly that no one was prepared for it.

Abigail Soriano, Heiress and Archaeologist
died suddenly of hypothermia at the Skye Fitness Gym in San Myshuno. "She had just reached the door," Madilyn Maldonado reported with a sob. "Two more steps and she would have made it," Stephen Carpenter confirmed.
Dr. Soriano is best known for her pioneering work on the Omiscan culture of Selvadorada, but she also worked on sites in Al Simhara. "She always loved adventure," Ted Lewis, Mayor Emeritus of Pelican Town, reminisced fondly. "Even as a child, she wanted to go explore the mines.
Abigail first came to the public's attention when her father Pierre died, leaving her as heiress to his lottery winnings. "Most heiresses would go to France to buy clothes," commented long-time friend Sebastian. "Abigail went to do research on the tombs of Champs les Sims. She was always an original."
Abigail Soriano is survived by her husband Sam, children Raina and Paul, and grandchildren Cecily, Raymond, Phillip, and Peter.

"I wish your mother hadn't died," Sam complained to his daughter Raina. "Now that word's gotten out that I'm a wealthy widower, every unmarried woman for miles around wants to help 'assuage my grief.' And some of the married ones, too. Not to mention that I've been getting hints from Dad and Vincent that I might want to share the wealth. I wish your mother had left a will."

"I wish she hadn't died, too," said Raina. "I've got a few photographs that I took of her, but it doesn't seem like much for Cecily and Raymond to remember her by. And I plan to continue her work on the Omiscans. It seems like the least I can do for her memory."
"You know what?" said Sam. "You and your family should move in with me. You could protect me from all those designing women -- the ones I want to be protected from, anyway."
"Are you sure?" said Raina. "I think Paul would feel jealous."
"We'll give some money to Paul," said Sam. "That's all he cares about anyway."

The new house was really big, Raymond discovered. It was so big that he got a lot of exercise just trying to find his new potty.

They forgot to pack her nightlight when they moved, Cecily realized on her first night. And she couldn't help wondering where Grandmother Abigail's grave was. What if the house was haunted?

"You know what really makes me angry," Paul fumed, "if Amy hadn't moved in that refugee family, we could have moved in with Dad."
"Amy needed someone to look after the children while she was working at the hospital," Raina reminded him.

"I suppose we're splitting the million fifty-fifty?" Paul asked. "Are you sure Mother didn't leave a will somewhere?"

"She wasn't even 70 yet, and she didn't expect to die," said Raina. "So it's all Dad's money now. But he's giving you this as a gift."

"It's only $300,000!" complained Paul. "What about the rest of it?"

"He's giving some money to his family, too -- his father and his sister...

...and his brother, Vincent." Paul wasn't happy, but he took the money anyway.

Besides the money, Vincent also made off with Sam's brand new guitar. At least they assume that's what happened. After Vincent left, the guitar couldn't be found anywhere, and Sam had to buy a new one.

It wasn't long until Raymond was ready for his birthday cake. Raina was almost as excited as he was because it meant that she could return to Selvadorada.

The only thing she didn't absolutely love about being an archaeologist was the lack of proper sanitary facilities.

But Raina loved digging. The temples and their traps might appeal to adventurers like Gus Maldonado, but she preferred the scientific approach, with its meticulous attention to detail.

Raina's approach was rewarded when she found what Abigail had called "The Lost Island of the Ancients." Abigail had always theorized that a village had existed in the middle of the lake, where the Omiscans could go in case of danger from a neighboring tribe.

Raina didn't think the village had stayed lost for long, however. She was pretty sure that boat she spotted had an outboard motor attached. Even so, she wished her mother was still around to hear about her discovery. She would have been so proud, Raina thought, sniffing back a tear.

Raina's story continues in Chapter 60.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #131 on: September 20, 2018, 02:34:03 PM »
Awww, RIP Abigail.  Wow, Paul just- yikes. Heh, worst part is, I have family like that XD which is probably why I grit my teeth whenever it comes up. Yay, Raina made it to the lost island! Heh, poor Cecily, wondering where her grandma is buried and whether the house was haunted.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Legacies of the Valley (Sep 20 -- Raina)
« Reply #132 on: September 20, 2018, 02:52:18 PM »
R.I.P., Abigail. How great that Raina will be continuing your legacy!

Sam was smart about choosing which child to move in with him.
Eew, Paul really didn't deserve to share his household.
Oh, I'd totally forgotten that Sam and Vincent were brothers!
I love playing a klepto but not having klepto relatives, lol. My solution has been to only meet them outside the house...
Family ghosts who are kleptos are also unwanted. Her gravestone's now back in family inventory.

Still, I really like Vincent and Octavius's household.
And I'm happy to see that Cody and Bethany have become such a great couple, too!

This update's cutest part!
The new house was really big, Raymond discovered. It was so big that he got a lot of exercise just trying to find his new potty.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #133 on: September 20, 2018, 04:25:17 PM »
@Shewolf13, This was probably a cathartic chapter for me. My brothers are great, but my husband's cousins -- yikes, as you say. At least the Sims don't have any lawyers to get involved.

@oshizu, I'll have to remember that about klepto relatives. It was so funny -- it was a free day, so I could tell Sam to do something. I tried to get him to work on the song he was composing, but was told there was no guitar. I searched the house, searched everyone's inventory, and then I remembered that Vincent had been over...

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #134 on: September 22, 2018, 06:04:11 PM »
Wow, the money-grubbing sure kicked in. Abigail did not deserve this. Raina's handling this better than most of the rest, really.
Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty