Author Topic: Legacies of the Valley (March 9 -- Sheil) Graveyard  (Read 53829 times)

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Legacies of the Valley (Oct 13 -- Gus)
« Reply #165 on: October 13, 2018, 02:14:13 PM »
The last picture of Cupcake with her ears flattened was priceless!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: Legacies of the Valley (Oct 13 -- Gus)
« Reply #166 on: October 15, 2018, 08:04:32 AM »
Chapter 58

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
Hello. My name is Sheila Marsh, and I'm an only child. For a long time, I thought I was a noanly child, and that it meant I didn't live with my mother.

Actually, I live with two fathers -- Dad, who really is my father, and Unc, who is my mother's brother. Unc is short for Uncle Octavius.

Dad used to have a problem with taking things that belonged to other people. Unc finally convinced him that this was not safe, so now he just collects things that don't belong to anybody. He's completed his collections of snow globes and posters.

We used to live in an apartment in the Arts District of San Myshuno, but then Uncle Sam (Dad's brother) inherited some money and gave us some. So now we live in Uptown.

I not only have my own bedroom, but also my own playroom, with a dollhouse, a computer, and room for my scouting board.

I even have my own bathroom (Dad and Unc share), with views of the city. I'd feel a little weird about taking a bath next to the window, but we're so high up that you'd have to have a helicopter to look in. Also, Unc says that the outside is glazed with something so that people can't look in, even when the lights are on at night.

Because we're so high up, we were the first ones to see snow falling the other day. The snow didn't last long. I don't think it even landed on the ground.

The only thing I don't like about our new apartment is our neighbor, Diego Lobo. He's very noisy sometimes. I went over one night to tell him that he was keeping me from getting the sleep that I needed for school. He brushed me off, saying it wasn't his fault that I had such a boring life. I told Dad and Unc that I was going to drain Mr. Lobo's plasma when I grew up. I'm a vampire, so I could do that. Unc, who's also a vampire, said I shouldn't, though. He said drinking the plasma of someone you're angry with is apt to give you indigestion.

Something else that gives you indigestion is using the bubble blower. We have one in Uptown. Dad tried it once and said he didn't like it, and he was pretty sure I wouldn't like it either.

Something I do like is playing pirates in Myshuno Meadows. Dad joined me one day and pretended to be a sea monster for me.

So when we had a party on Spooky Day, I dressed up as a pirate.

My mother came, too, and Dad gave her a key to our new apartment.

Mother likes to flirt with people, which is why I have a half-brother named Plotinus. I can't help wondering if I'll get another half-brother or sister soon. I wouldn't mind, because I like Selim. He used to live across from us in the Arts District, and was a much nicer neighbor than Mr. Lobo.

Mother used her key and came over the other day. It was Prank Day, so I tried to scare her, but Mother is a vampire and doesn't scare easily. I still haven't decided how I feel about her. She told me that she didn't give me to Dad and Unc because she didn't love me, but because she knew they wanted a child and would love me very much. And she loves me, too. But that sounds like something she thought up in her head rather than felt in her heart. Anyway, my name is Sheila Marsh, and that's my story.

Vincent and Sheila's story continues in Chapter 68.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: Legacies of the Valley (Oct 15 -- Vincent)
« Reply #167 on: October 15, 2018, 02:20:28 PM »
Awww, Sheila is a doll and her opinion of her mother is a little heartbreaking, poor thing.  Oh dear XD Diego, behave yourself!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #168 on: October 15, 2018, 02:23:27 PM »
I was surprised at Diego -- he was always quite pleasant in my other story.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #169 on: October 15, 2018, 02:43:33 PM »
Sheila has a lot to think about now that her family has shared all.
I was actually surprised that she decided to call Vincent "Unc," but that does reflect the reality of their blood relations.
She lives a privileged life in that fancy Uptown apartment though she has no neighbors her own age. Hey, she can always invite friends over.
I'm a little sad for Sheila and Valerie, though. I hope Sheila "feels" Valerie's love for her before too  long.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #170 on: October 15, 2018, 03:54:42 PM »
Sheila has a lot to think about now that her family has shared all.
I was actually surprised that she decided to call Vincent "Unc," but that does reflect the reality of their blood relations.
She lives a privileged life in that fancy Uptown apartment though she has no neighbors her own age. Hey, she can always invite friends over.
I'm a little sad for Sheila and Valerie, though. I hope Sheila "feels" Valerie's love for her before too  long.

Actually, Vincent is her father. Octavius is Valerie's brother, so he's Unc.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #171 on: October 15, 2018, 06:42:22 PM »
Oops sorry! I know the blond one is the biological father--I got their names mixed up!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #172 on: October 19, 2018, 03:07:19 PM »
Chapter 59

Everyone was instantly charmed with Brook Bungalow, their new house. "Oh, that's so inspiring," Bethany said when she saw the steamboat.

She went upstairs to start practicing the guitar immediately. She was sure that she could write a song about a steamboat just as soon as she improved her performance on the guitar.

George, who was in his bear phase, went upstairs to do his homework. Now that he didn't have to do it in the dining room, where everyone came in and out, he could concentrate better.

In fact, George could concentrate so well that he soon became an A student. Cody donned a bear suit the next morning and congratulated him. "Do you realize you're the first Mullner in several generations to become an A student?" he asked. "And you did it faster than everyone except your cousin Sheila."
His father's praise made George feel so warm, that he was beginning to think the bear suit might be a little too hot and uncomfortable.

Meanwhile his twin brother Johan complained to Bethany. "He's making me look bad," he said. "It's not fair, his getting A's while I'm still getting C's."
"And whose fault is that?" asked Bethany. "If you need help with your homework, your Dad and I are always here for you."
"That's part of the problem," Johan muttered, but he didn't say it loud enough for his mother to hear. Still, he was pretty sure that George got his A because he did homework on his own.

That night Johan decided to stay up late and do his homework then. Unfortunately, there were too many other interesting things to do, like checking out the strange  person who stood outside the front door for an hour. And when morning came, he was too sleepy to go to school right away.

Cody's promotion at work gave him some spiffy new clothing. He had never worn an ascot before, but he realized it was perfect for him, in a way that a tie never had been.

Getting the promotion had required making a few sacrifices. Cody didn't think his tastebuds would ever recover from the searing dishes served at the Spice Festival, but he knew he had to develop an immunity.

Bar reviews were also a challenge because he had to take notes while juggling his drink. "It's a shame I couldn't just spill this sweet and spicy and pretend it never happened," he wrote. "One sip was enough to tell me that the spicy had been overwhelmed by the sweet."

Over the weekend, Cody tried to improve his party-hosting skills. All went well at the dinner party he threw for his parents.

But the luck didn't carry over to the Incognito party he threw at Club Calico. The bartender wouldn't let him fix any Buffalo Wing Tea, and there was no place to cook a Taco Casserole. The only thing he could do was to compliment everyone on their costumes.

That night the whole family slept soundly. Too soundly. Brook Bungalow had gremlins, and they attacked the plumbing.

They also took out the stove, refrigerator, washing machine, dryer, television, computer, and radio. By the time Cody had fixed everything, he was ready to go back to sleep for a while.

But every puddle has a silver lining. George went to work mopping and picked up his first scouting badge. It was for Civic Responsibility.

After a couple of rainy days, Kent was ready to enjoy the outdoors. Who said he was too old to be a swinger?

Bethany's been working on her song. "Steamboat, steamboat, going away," she sang. "Steamboat, steamboat -- and that's as far as I've gotten. What do you think?"
"It sounds a lot like "Freight Train, Freight Train," said Cody.
Bethany sighed. "I didn't think anyone would notice."
"Yeah, well, my grandparents George and Evelyn listened to all those old folk songs when I was growing up."
Bethany flounced off. A little while later, Cody heard her singing, "Big wheel keep on turning..."

Cody's story is continued in Chapter 69.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Legacies of the Valley (Oct 19 -- Cody)
« Reply #173 on: October 19, 2018, 04:05:42 PM »
Lol, Proud Bethany!

I keep forgetting that you're not controlling the entire household.
One twin earning an A grade while the other remains a C student was a reminder!

A portable bar is very handy for mixing drinks on the fly.
Wow, Vlad is quite active in your game, isn't he? Has he visited all the non-vampire homes at least once?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #174 on: October 19, 2018, 04:19:10 PM »
Lol, Proud Bethany!

I keep forgetting that you're not controlling the entire household.
One twin earning an A grade while the other remains a C student was a reminder!

A portable bar is very handy for mixing drinks on the fly.
Wow, Vlad is quite active in your game, isn't he? Has he visited all the non-vampire homes at least once?

I sent Cody off to the party without putting the bar in his inventory. But I think he can have the rest of his parties at home, now that he's completed the 5 different places requirement.
I think Vlad's been to 4 or 5 houses but not all of them.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #175 on: October 19, 2018, 04:50:34 PM »
I have some catching up to do this weekend. But I LOVE the pic of the steam boat.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #176 on: October 19, 2018, 11:11:34 PM »
lol wow, those shots of the steam boat are amazing. Hehehe, go George.  Poor Johan XD

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #177 on: October 21, 2018, 06:33:34 PM »
Chapter 60

Cecily and Raymond are both doing well at school. Raymond is a B student already, while Cecily has an A.

They enjoy scouting as well, and both are Griffons.

With the children needing less attention, Raina has been getting serious about archaeology again, taking time for a quick trip to Selvadorada.

Now that she's become an expert in the field, Raina has started receiving artifacts to authenticate.

She also has time to take advantage of the Night on the Town offer (except that she, Marlon and Sam went to the restaurant in the afternoon before Marlon had to work).

Raina even has time to make and enjoy ice cream.

This has a downside, though. When her sister-in-law Amy invited her to go see the opera with her, Raina discovered that her formal dress covered a good deal less of her than it used to.

Ice cream was the culprit, but ice cream could also be the cure. After two helpings of A Taste of Diet...

Raina was back to her pre-pregnancy weight.

She celebrated by giving her father a lecture on archaeology, concentrating on the Omiscans, of course. Sam kindly pretended that this was all new to him, even though Abigail had often talked to him about her digs.

Marlon had something to celebrate, too. His most recent promotion had garnered him a new (or rather, antique) piano.

Raina gets ready to hand off to Cecily in Chapter 70.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Legacies of the Valley (Oct 21-- Raina)
« Reply #178 on: October 21, 2018, 07:22:16 PM »
I'm really looking forward to seeing how your various households tackle all of the new Get Famous activities!
How great that you are already planning to have sims poised to enter the new careers!

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: Legacies of the Valley (Oct 21-- Raina)
« Reply #179 on: October 21, 2018, 09:22:48 PM »
Ooo, can't wait to see all the families when Get Famous comes out!  I'm actually really excited about how fame and rep seem to work. Especially for multi-family games/challenges ^^