Author Topic: A Sharebear Legacy: Shae Berra - HEIR VOTE  (Read 16392 times)

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: A Sharebear Legacy: Shae Berra
« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2018, 01:01:26 AM »
Another Sharebear!  Omw, I loved all the men!  I have to admit, I had a thing for Tetus, but I think Shae chose well.  I also laughed hysterically with Isaac and threatening Sawyer, probably more than I should have bwahahahaha

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2018, 09:36:57 AM »
Another Sharebear!  Omw, I loved all the men!  I have to admit, I had a thing for Tetus, but I think Shae chose well.  I also laughed hysterically with Isaac and threatening Sawyer, probably more than I should have bwahahahaha

Thank you for reading and for your comments.  I'm glad to know it made you laugh - when I'm writing, I'm often not sure that others will laugh at what I think is funny.   ;)
I am behind on updates due to busy work, busy family, and the Joker and Baby Boomer challenges.  I hope to get another chapter at least written this weekend, and then continue play after I finish Baby Boomer. 

And by the way, Isaac has been working on fitness.   :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2018, 05:48:11 PM »
Generation 1.  Shae Berra

1.10 Time Keeps on Slipping . . . Slipping . . . Slipping . . .

MJ:  Before we pick up our story, I need to tell you all something.  I have been ignoring my Sharebears.  I know, I’m not proud of it, but it’s true.  Job, family, and playing challenges have kept me very busy for the last several weeks.  When I left them in early August, my Sharebears were on Week 5, but this story was only on Week 3.  My notes are a little sparse, but we have a lot of pictures.  We’re going to be moving quickly to get caught up and that means more narration and less conversation.  But the pictures really tell the story anyway.

After the wedding

Isaac:  You know, we could take off for Selvadorado and spend our honeymoon working on your Soulmate Aspiration!
Shae:  We could, but we wouldn’t make much progress on our Legacy that way.  If we stay here we can get your painting club started, and Sawyer and Tetsu can make progress on their aspirations.
Shae (grinning):  And you know, my love, we can work on Soulmate anywhere.
Isaac:  Your wish is my command, Buttercup.  I’ll call the painters. 
Shae:  And I’ll take some more photos to sell so we can furnish the house MJ is working on.
Tetsu:  You better not be taking pictures of me in this chicken hat.  I’m only wearing it because the tag says it fosters inspiration.
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Shae:  Darling, you did very well choosing painters!  Tetsu and Sawyer both seem to have found a love interest.  How convenient that they are both redheads!
Isaac:  And Moira and Alice are unemployed, so they won’t have to leave to go to work.  Alice already has some painting skill, so she’ll be a good earner for us.

Sunday: Skill Day!

With the Painters Paint club hard at work on this hot first-day-of-summer, Shae bought a woodworking bench and called a repairman to come mentor her (Seiji Sakamoto). 

Tetsu hit it off immediately with Fabiana Barrera. 

And Sawyer found his lady-love in Mariko Murakami.

Rodrigo called to ask if he could join Sharebears.  He thought he had what it takes.  Shae had to tell him that ship had sailed.

Sunday at 3:50 pm ($18,437)

MJ: Shae, you’re doing great there with that saw!
Shae:  Yeah, thanks.  You know MJ, I’m 3 hours away from my second trimester and still no house.
MJ:  Plenty of time.  You just keep woodworking, and make sure Isaac keeps that painting club going, and there’ll be plenty of money for a house before the babies come.
Shae:  Babies?  As in, more than one?
MJ:  One can only hope!  Oh, one other thing – buy Connections and get a job.
Shae:  That’s two things.
MJ:  Just do it.  You’ll start at level 3 and get paid while you’re on maternity leave.  What kind of job do you want?
Shae:  I have no idea. 
MJ:  I’ll give you an hour to make up your mind. 
Shae:  An hour?  I’m pregnant, I’m sawing, and I have a splinter!  How am I supposed to figure that out in only an hour?
MJ:  No worries.  If you need help, I’ll pick for you.

Shae chose Social Media so she could work from home.  She planned to join the Public Relations branch.  Followers might be harder to get, but she wouldn’t need as many.  She’d be starting at level 3 thanks to her Connections. 
Everyone was staying on the home lot to keep the painters painting and the money rolling in, But Sawyer wanted to make progress toward completing a collection.  So he bought a chef station and hired Jesminder Bheeda to make Experimental Food that he could take pictures of.  In between photos, he researched his plants to gain gardening skill quickly with the benefit of skill day.

Tetsu was at level 7 writing by the time he finally finished his first book. He started his castle series with the Alabaster Castle.  He hoped to be able to write The Book of Life by the time he was halfway through the alphabet.

With a lot full of Sharebears and painters, Vlad decided to break in to the bathroom, which was the only part of the house built so far.  Tetsu was just finishing a shower, so he tried to come out and introduce himself, but as soon as he queued that up, Vlad turned around sharply and left.

Monday morning, Sawyer’s elements came, and the only thing he needed to finish The Curator was to complete a collection.  He had a good start on the Experimental Foods collection, so after stopping off at the museum for Isaac to view three pieces of art, they all went to Chez Llama.  Isaac asked for a table, but there were no tables for 5 (the Handyman was still with them because Shae hadn’t maxed handiness) so Isaac sat at a separate table.  They ordered meals + 3 extra plates to finish the collection.

Sawyer used his points from completing his collection to buy the Connections reward, and then he joined the Gardener career.

Back at Shae Berra Legacy Chateau

Shae:  Hey MJ!  I am giving birth any minute now.  Is that house happening anytime soon? 
MJ:  Yes, actually.  Look around – the lot is empty.  Everything is in inventory and I’m getting ready to replace it.  I just needed you and the Painters Paint club to make enough money.  The empty house I want for you is about $90,000.  You’ve managed to pull in almost $138,000.  So we’ll have some money for furnishings.  Now move to the front of the lot.  We’re not in Kansas and I don’t want the house to land on you.

Shae:  Wow, MJ, this is awesome, but it’s so big!
MJ:  You have a growing family here, you’ll need the space.

Shae:  How did you build it so fast?
MJ:  I didn’t.  It was built by shetcogle; it’s called Greystone Park Shell.  I just added the greenhouse and changed up the backyard to make room for the painters.

Shae gave birth to Aavelee and Brandt.

Then she immediately went downtown to give a Confident speech for work.  (Either maternity leave doesn’t apply to stay-home jobs, or she joined too late in her pregnancy to get it.)
Shae was confident  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . and inclusive . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . and hopeful . . . .

. . . .  and even a little bit crazed . . . . . . . . .

. . . . . but still . . . .

Isaac quit his $365/hour Police Chief job and started his Painting career at $29/hour.  He had already mastered painting, and was 2 masterpieces away from completing the aspiration.
He finished Painter Extraordinaire and decided to go for Soulmate next.  He planned to complete it before his twins aged up from toddlers to children, and then maybe he and Shae could do Super Parent together.
Isaac romanced Shae everywhere she went.

Shae had already completed Soulmate, so she was working on The Curator.  Tetsu got an Alcron from the gift pile, and gave it to Shae so she’d have five items to send to the Geo Council.  She’d already gotten the 5 elements - that counted for her also when Sawyer received his.  The completed Experimental Foods Photo collection also counted for her, so all she had to do was open some seed packets she’d been saving and her Curator aspiration was complete. 
The Painters Paint club had been working steadily, while quickly improving their skills thanks to the club boost and the lot traits. 

Shae chose Fabulously Wealthy and insta-completed it thanks to all the paintings she’d sold.  Going forward, Isaac would sell the club’s paintings.

The twins both aged up with red hair like mom and brown eyes like dad.  Brandt is a little charmer and Aavelee is a wild child.  (Saving the toddler makeovers and spam for the next installment.) 

Isaac finished Soulmate, and then took on Leader of the Pack.  He talked to 5 members of the club and they all said he’s the reason for the success of Painters Paint.  He got his charisma up to 5, finishing that aspiration. 
Since he wouldn’t be able to finish Super Parent until the twins are older, Isaac considered working on fishing – they needed to fish at some different places for Sawyer to get his last 5 fish and complete Angling Ace.  But Isaac was concerned that his squeamishness would get the better of him, so he chose Bodybuilder instead.  Shae thought it would be fun to work out together, so she chose that as well.

Maybe Isaac isn’t enjoying it as much as Shae.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2018, 06:12:55 PM »
The Berra Household is doing fantastic! Shae and Isaac are speeding through those aspirations like a hot knife through butter!
(If I remember correctly, Shae would need to be in the Inspired mood herself to give an inspired speech.)

Looking forward to the kids' makeovers and toddler spam!

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2018, 08:12:15 PM »
The Berra Household is doing fantastic! Shae and Isaac are speeding through those aspirations like a hot knife through butter!
(If I remember correctly, Shae would need to be in the Inspired mood herself to give an inspired speech.)

Looking forward to the kids' makeovers and toddler spam!

Thanks @oshizu
I think you're right about the inspiring speech; her work task was specifically to give a confident speech, so she was in a confident mood.  I thought she'd get a response related to confidence rather than one related to inspiration, but I've only ever seen messages about the speech being inspiring, or not inspiring.

Thanks for reading, and I always appreciate your comments!

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2018, 09:08:54 PM »
Wow, look at em go! Love all those painters. Can't wait to see the toddler spam!

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #51 on: September 30, 2018, 04:28:06 PM »
Wow, look at em go! Love all those painters. Can't wait to see the toddler spam!

Those painters really help out with the finances early in the game. 
Thanks for reading!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #52 on: September 30, 2018, 05:13:27 PM »

1.11  A Special Kind of Sunshine in a Smile

Toddler Spam

Wild Child Aavelee:  Hi!  I’m Abyee and I hab 2 nighties cuz I yub pwincesses and mommy yubs me so she got dem for me.

Aavelee: My mommy gabe us cheese sannich for yunch.
Charmer Brandt: It’s Gwilled Cheese Abwee, not cheese sannich.  An it’s my fabwit and I mommy’s fabwit so dat’s why.

Aavelee:  You not mommy’s fabwit but I yike hoggogs more.

Brandt:  Sometimes Nanny weads to us.
Aavelee:  She says it’s good for our maginashuns.

Brandt: But I want to pway outside.  Daddy takes me in da pool.

Aavelee:  An me too!

Brandt:  We bof wike to swide.
Aavelee:  No I don’t yike dat.

Aavelee: I yike da baws.

Brandt:  Me too!  I wike dem more!

Aavelee:  No you don’t! 
Brandt:  I do!  An my Daddy is teaching me to dance!

Aavelee:  Well, I aweady know how to dance!

Brandt: Well, mommy gibs me a baf wheneber I want!

Aavelee:  Well, I don’t need a baf cuz I don’t get dirty!
Brandt:  You wun nakee all da time!
Aavelee:  Yeah, because I yike to!

Brandt:  Well dat’s dumb.  My Chompy Monsta will chomp you!

Aavelee:  He better not because I will tell mommy and she will fwo him away!
Brandt:  No she won’t.  She will get mad if you tattle!
Aavelee:  Den I will tell Kitty!

Aavelee:  Kitty doesn’t yike you anymore!
Brandt:  I don’t care.  I wub Bear and him wubs me.  An we Sharebears, not Kitties!

Aavelee:  I’m gonna go pway wif Daddy!
Brandt:  Go head.  I hab someting better!
Aavelee:  Hmph!
Brandt:  Yeah, hmph!

Aavelee:  Daddy will you pway wif me?
Isaac:  Of course I will sweetheart.  I’m gonna get you and throw you up in the air and twirl you around!
Aavelee (Giggling):  You haffa catch me!

Brandt:  I wunner why mommy keeps dis hiding upstairs . . . it’s soooo . . . . wow!

Aavelee:  Sometimes I yike to pway by myself.  I wear my Pwincess dwess when I pway castle babies.

Aavelee:  And I pway wif bwocks and toys too.

Brandt:  Eberyting da wight touches is myyyyyyy kindom!

Brandt:  I can’t swim wif you today Misser Nomey, cuz I has on my fancy pants.

Aavelee:  I yub you Bwudda.
Brandt:  I wub you too Abwee.

Aavalee:  Byess our famiyee.  Goonight.
Brandt:  Yeah, bwess our famiwee.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #53 on: September 30, 2018, 09:20:28 PM »
Goodness gracious, those two are little tornados disguised as toddlers.
They are adorable, which is not surprising given their parents.
The constant competing and word wars cracked me up.
I'm glad they make up every night before bed.

Such an entertaining update! ;D

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #54 on: October 01, 2018, 01:24:51 PM »
Om watcher... I can't even. Those two are just too cute!  And boy, are they a handful! lol Their little competitions are just perfect hehehehe

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #55 on: October 02, 2018, 09:41:57 AM »
Awhhh they are so cute!

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2019, 03:14:04 AM »

Oh, how time flies!  My last Shae Berra update was at the end of September, in Week 3.  My last save is from early October, at Wednesday of week 5.  I do have some notes to go with the screenshots from the time in between, so I’ll do my best to get caught up with the story before I start playing again.

1.12  'Tis a lesson you should heed, Try, try, try again; If at first you don't succeed, Try, try, try again

On Friday of Week 3 Sawyer was promoted to Stem Researcher (Level 6) and Shae was promoted to Community Manager (Level 5, Public Relations branch of Social Media career).
When Isaac was promoted to Canvas Creator (Level 5 Artist), he was so excited that as soon as he got home, he changed into his Police Chief uniform and started dancing in the street.

Sawyer invited Mariko over, asked her on a date (at home) and then Tried for Baby several times; he only got a bronze on the date because MJ (the Watcher) got distracted with Aavelee and Brandt (the toddlers), but if he gets a son or another daughter from the date, he won't care about just getting a bronze.

On Sunday, Tetsu invited Fabiana over, tried for baby 4 times, then gave her a makeover. 

Shae was very sad about the death of some guy she barely knew, but Isaac knew how to cheer her up.  She wanted another baby too, and the timing was perfect.  Getting pregnant today meant the new baby would age up to toddler just after the twins aged up to child.  So he took her upstairs to try for baby.  But no baby resulted, and Shae was just too sad to even try again. 

Isaac took her outside to renew his vows with her, thinking that would cheer her up, but she was too sad even for that.  He convinced her to drink a moodlet solver so he could remind her that she is, and always will be, his one and only love.  Just before the ceremony was over, Shae got another call that yet another person she barely knew had died, and the sad moodlet returned.  Fortunately, she was happy enough from her moodlet solver and renewing her vows that she was able to overcome the sadness.

Sawyer got another work task of being eaten by a cowplant.  He wasn’t able to fulfill this the first time he got it because he didn’t yet have a mature cowplant.  This time, he got focused and ate the cake. 

And that’s how the Berra Sharebears got their first Cowplant Essence. 

Isaac caught Sawyer complaining about the absolute grossness of being covered in cowplant goo, and smirked, “Suck it up he-man, can’t be that bad!”  To which Sawyer retorted, “Oh yeah?  Let’s see you do it!”  Isaac's squeamish trait had him turning green at the thought, but he was not to be outdone by a Secondary Spouse.  “No problem, Dude! It’s just a piece of cake!”  And he went for it before he could think twice and change his mind.   

He knew immediately that this was the most disgusting thing he’d ever done, and something he would never do again.  But at least he got an Essense of Energy for his trouble.
The morning after the cowplant incident, Sawyer got this feedback: “Sawyer’s boss was happy with the work he did from home, and he made $10.”  Ten bucks.  For being swallowed by a cowplant and puked back up covered in disgusting goo.  So not worth it.  But then Sawyer had an idea, and went to find Shae.  “Hey Shae, you remember that guy from the bar?  The one that slapped you?  I have an idea.”

Shae couldn’t invite Matias over because he was in Selvadorado, so she thought she’d run over there, invite him to join Sharebears, and come right back.  But she accidentally took the whole family.  The twins were so excited they forgot they were quarelling and hugged each other. 

Shae stuck to the plan, invited Matias over, chatted him up as if the slap never happened, and invited him to join the Sharebears Club.  He tried to play it cool but was really overjoyed about being asked.

Shae promptly brought the family home and immediately started a gathering.  But Matias didn’t show up. 

When the Humor and Hijinks Festival started, Shae decided to go because she had a work task to be mischievious to 5 sims there.  When she initiated the travel, she had the option to take Matias along. She did, but it was raining, she was sad from the deaths of people she barely knew, she wasn’t amused by the random guy who showed up naked, and most of the people around her were angry. 

She’d had enough really quickly, so she took went home, taking Matias with her.  Sawyer and Matias remembered each other very well, and not at all fondly.

But Sawyer was on a mission.  He turned on the charm and in no time he had Matias eager to get a look at that cowplant Sawyer was telling him about.

Sawyer easily lured him to the recent greenhouse addition and told him, “The best part about these plants is the unbelievable cake.  It’s the best you’ve ever had, you can count on that!  But I’d appreciate you not eating these pieces.  I’m saving them for some friends that are coming over later.”

Matias didn’t notice when Sawyer locked the door.  But eventually, he realized he was locked in, and he was none too happy.  That’s when he decided to eat the cake Sawyer was saving for friends.

What a surprise it was to discover he wasn’t the one doing the eating! 

Matias thought he’d escape when Sawyer came in to gloat, but he quickly realized that Sawyer could come and go without unlocking the door.  Sawyer seemed really pleased about the whole eaten-by-a-cow-plant thing, and when Matias learned he’d helped out the Sharebears by providing Essence of Anger, that made it so much worse.

Over the next couple of days, Matias made friends with the cowplants.

He also peed himself and passed out several times, but even after two days with no food, he didn’t go for the cake.
Meanwhile, Sawyer maxed gardening, but needed to catch 5 more fish to complete Angling Ace, and he hadn’t even started Freelance Botanist yet. One of cowplants died, so Sawyer fed the other. He thought that by the time it produced another piece of cake Matias would be so hungry he'd jump on it. 

Tetsu finished the Bestselling Author Aspiration with the 20th book in his Castle series, The Titanium Castle.  He achieved the required royalties that same day, and that gave him enough satisfaction points to purchase Connections.  He then joined the writer career, knowing that he would be meeting the career writing requirements by writing the Book of Life several times.  He decided to tackle the Painter Extraordinaire aspiration next to get the point for one sim completing two creative aspirations.

With the help of mentor Darsh Savalani, Isaac maxed Fitness and completed the Bodybuilder aspiration. 

Next Isaac tackled Fabulously Wealthy.  He sold all the paintings that were ready to sell, and had just over $165k of the $200k needed to finish the aspiration.  So the painters kept painting.  Even the rainy weather didn’t stop the painters.

Still, Matias refused to take the cake. 

Isaac completed Fabulously Wealthy, and then he and Shae both quickly completed Mansion Baron.  Shae went for Painter Extraordinaire next, while Isaac opted for The Curator. Carlyle was born, but there was no picture to commemorate the event.  Everyone was on edge and going stir-crazy, unable to leave the lot for fear Matias would escape.  Finally, on Thursday evening, Sawyer put the cowplants in household inventory, and turned the greenhouse addition, where Matias was staying, into an indoor pool.  All except the one square that Matias was standing on. 

When Matias jumped into the water, Sawyer removed that one square.  At 10:30 that night, Matias was treading water right where he'd jumped in.  At 7:40 am Friday morning, Matias was still treading water in the same spot. 

The twins worked on finishing up their skilling so they’d get Top-Notch Toddler.  Sawyer and Shae worked on their work tasks.  When he was finished, Sawyer started practicing yoga.  Nanny didn’t help with Carlyle at all, no matter how much he cried.  But the twins were able to get her to read books to them, to finish their imagination skilling, and then they watched her watch TV to finish their thinking skills.

As 2:45 pm, Matias finally started showing signs of fatigue.  Finally, at 4:01pm, after four days locked in the greenhouse, Matias started going down.  Time of death, 4:32pm.  Time of phone calls to all four adults in the household to tell them of Matias’ death, 4:33pm.  And so, after waiting so impatiently for Grim to come for Matias, all the adults were now terribly sad.  But it was birthday time for the twins, so it was moodlet solvers to the rescue.

Because Shae was struggling to complete her work tasks for the day, Sawyer baked the cakes for the twins’ birthday.  Strawberry for Aavelee, Zombie cake for Brandt. Aavelee aged up with the Creative trait and the Rambunctious Scamp aspiration.

Brandt aged up with the Genius trait and the Social Butterfly aspiration. 

Aavelee went to the mirror to initiate makeovers while Brandt went to clean up the mess he made in the nursery as a toddler.  So nice of mom to save it for him.  Shae brought them into the Sharebear club, and they Rallied the Troops for the first time.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #57 on: March 11, 2019, 09:08:15 PM »

1.13  Living life is fun and we’ve just begun

After aging up on Friday evening, Aavelee and Brandt got their homework done.

Then they worked on their aspirations through the night and early morning, with the promise of a group outing on Saturday.

Saturday morning, Sawyer finally had the opportunity to go out fishing.  Everyone else was also tired of being cooped up at home, waiting for Matias to give it up, and the whole family went along.  It was cold, being the last day of fall, so they went to Oasis Springs hoping for warmth.  Isaac looked forward to gathering collectibles.  Shae and Tetsu took easels along for painting.

Sawyer was able to catch some of the fish he was missing.

Aavelee finished her Rambunctious Scamp aspiration while Brandt made friends with other kids to finish Social Butterfly.

Then Brandt got to work on Rambunctious Scamp.

And Aavelee worked on Social Butterfly.  She was really excited to meet Riley, Tetsu and Fabiana’s firstborn.  They look so much alike, even though they aren't related.  Aavelee is in the blue.

Shae helped Carlyle learn to talk, and then enjoyed some painting time.

Isaac dug up some treasures while Tetsu painted Pop Art.

Isaac had to work Saturday, but everyone else stayed at the park for the day, and then came back on Sunday.  By Monday morning, Sawyer only needed 3 more fish to complete Angling Ace.  But the water was frozen in Brindelton Bay, and he couldn’t travel or the kids would come home from school and Tetsu and Isaac would come home from work.  So he did the gardening, mastered Wellness and improved his Logic.

Aavelee and Brandt had both completed Rambunctious Scamp, Social Butterfly, and the first half of Whiz Kid.  Aavelee really loves the science table.

Brandt prefers playing Doctor.

Tetsu finished up Painter Extraordinaire (earning a point for completing two Creative aspirations) and then he started on Chief of Mischief.  He started a Mischief Makers Club, built out a Mischief clubhouse in the basement, added a private entrance to the clubhouse, and started a club gathering with several townies he knew.  He had a lot of fun sharing conspiracy theories, claiming to be a criminal mastermind, and tricking club members with his hand buzzer.

He even started a fight . . . . . . . . . . . . . . with a vampire!

Meanwhile, Carlyle learned to walk . . .

. . . and play . . .

. . . and entertain Nanny.

The entire family enjoyed Winterfest.  Decorating the tree and singing carols.

Winterfest Dinner – with six people seated at the table eating together.

And opening Gifts.

Well, almost everyone enjoyed the gifts.

The rest of the week was a big push to advance – skills, jobs, and character values for the twins.  Toddler skills were at the forefront, as Carlyle was only at level 2 in potty training and level 3 in everything else, and he’d be aging up on Saturday (New Year’s Eve).

Everyone helped Carlyle with his skilling.  Mom used flashcards for thinking and Sawyer taught him shapes.  Dad used flipping and flying to help him with movement.   

Nanny kept him fed and gave him naps in the highchair when he was tired.  And Carlyle worked on his own also – dancing, reading, and perfecting his potty skills.

Sawyer held a New Year’s Eve Party and invited his girlfriend Mariko and their two daughters, Eden and Sara.  Aavelee and Eden had some fun playing together, while Sara kept a close eye on Mommy and Daddy.

Sawyer was certainly in a festive mood.  Was it just because of New Year’s Eve, or was it having his girls close by? 

Everyone gathered around the TV for the New Year’s countdown.

Thanks to everyone’s hard work, Carlyle maxed all his toddler skills and celebrated with his cake just before the party ended.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #58 on: March 18, 2019, 10:21:40 PM »

1.14 It's all fun and it's all games

Tetsu:  I just have to clog drains at three homes to finish Chief of Mischief – and I’ve picked the perfect day for it!

Tetsu: I've chosen the homes of the wealthiest Sims.  I'm mischievous, but I'm not heartless.  I'm only messing with Sims who can afford the repairs.  And the best part is, I'm Always Welcome in any home, so the homeowners don't even try to stop me!  Mwa-ha-ha!

Pranks on Nanny were a particular favorite on Prank Day.

Brandt: Nanny!  Look at that!
Nanny: What, Brandt?  I don't see anything.
Brandt:  RAAAAWWWWRRRR!

Nanny fell for the scare tactic again with Aavalee, and then got zapped by Sawyer.

Carlyle thought it would be fun to scare Sawyer.

But Sawyer got him back with a silly slap while Shae was zapping Nanny.

Brandt:  The problem with you, Carlyle, is that you’re BREATHING!
Carlyle:  Whatever you say, whatever you do, bounces off me and sticks to you!
Brandt:  NYAH NYAH!

Carlyle:  Hey Aavelee, come here.   I need to tell you a secret.
Horn:  BWWWWAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!

Isaac:  Nanny!  Have I told you lately how much we love ya’?  And Sawyer, put ‘er there, buddy!

Nanny got into the spirit, kicking over the trash . . . . and then pretending it wasn’t her.

And Shae learned it’s more fun to give than to receive.

Overall, Prank Day was a success for everyone.  And it had the added bonus of raising everyone’s mischief skill (except Tetsu, who’d already maxed mischief) which meant they all met their New Year’s Resolution to raise a skill in the next 7 days.

Aavelee and Brandt were excited to give bowling a try.  They were in their basement and no strangers had been in the house for many hours, when Aavelee got a Tense moodlet from being Stressed with Strangers.  She was wild, not clingy, as a toddler, but was apparently going through a clingy childhood phase.  But she didn’t let that stop her from beating her brother at bowling with a really nice score – especially since it was her first game ever.

Sawyer was promoted to Botanist - Level 10 of the Gardener career.

He considered going on to the Flower Arranging career, since he’d been reading about it and had actually created a few flower arrangements. 

But the Bro in him screamed, “No way Dude!  Not flowers!  Athlete!  Go Athlete!”  So he did.

Isaac:  Hey, Sawyer.  I heard you hit Level 10 with your Botanist Career.  Congrats!

Sawyer:  Yeah, I have a new job now.   As an Athlete.
Isaac:  “That’s cool. So you’re like, what, a waterboy?  Or a mascot or something? “
Sawyer:  “No, Dude.  I skipped over those levels.  I’m starting as a . . . . Level 4.”
Isaac:  “Oh, Level 4.  And what’s level 4?  Are you a trainer?”
Sawyer:  No.  Level 4 is  . . . a . . . Dance Team Captain.”
Isaac:  Ah, Dance Team Captain.  Well, that’s  . . . ah . . . yeah . . . that’s terrific.  And, hey, the hot pink looks great on you!”

Sawyer:  It’s only temporary, Dude.  Just a step on the ladder.”
Isaac:  Hey, no, Dance Team Captain is cool.  I’m a Dance Machine myself, so you know, if you need any help.  Let me know.”
Sawyer:  Thanks, but no, I’m good.”
Isaac:  You know I hit Level 10 myself.  So, yeah, I’m ready to start my third career.”

Sawyer:  Third?  Oh, yeah, you did that cop thing.”
Isaac: Chief of Detectives actually, but yeah, “cop thing” is good.
Sawyer:  So what are you doing now Big Guy?
Isaac:  Astronaut.

Sawyer:  Astronaut?  Seriously?  You’re going to be a smuggler?”
Isaac (laughing):  No, man.  I’m going to be a Space Ranger.  Fits better with my “cop thing” don’t you think?”
Sawyer: Ah, so you’re going from  Master of the Real to Space Intern?
Isaac: No, of course not.  I skipped the first levels too.  I’ll be a Command Center Lead.  I start tomorrow.  Wish me luck!
Sawyer (muttering as Isaac leaves):  Sometimes I really hate that guy.

Shae had a work task to be mischievous with 5 sims at the Humor and Hijinks Festival, so she tricked Gunther with a Hand Buzzer, instilled Masami Watanabe with false confidence, started a preposterous rumor with Holly Alt, and shared a conspiracy theory with Ali Seddiki.

She also saw Tetsu Mori.  She remembered him from the last Humor and Hijinks Festival.  He had clothes on this time, but figuring he would be up for it, she dared him to streak.

Sawyer ran into Mariko and was very happy to see her, while Brandt grabbed a microphone and entertained the crowd.

Of course the fireworks were a big hit.

Back at home, Aavelee practiced for Drama Club.  She’s turning into quite the little Drama Queen!

And the Sharebears received two disturbing pieces of news about Tetsu. 

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2019, 12:59:25 AM »

1.15 There's something strange going on right here

Shae had a work task to get to know Sims in the Fashion District.  She had met a few when she saw someone who looked vaguely familiar.

Shae:  Oh, it’s you!  What a surprise!

MJ:  Indeed.  We need to talk.
Shae:  Really?  After all this time?  You throw me face-first into the snow, at the beginning of a Legacy, and then when I’m married and pregnant with twins, you abandon me for weeks, and now you want to talk?

MJ:  I also gave you a house.  A pretty great house.  I believe the word you used was “awesome”.

Shae:  Yes, you did give me a great house.  But where were you all those days when the babies were crying and then the toddlers were toddling and now the children are . . . . nearly teenagers?  Where have you been all this time!?

MJ:  Around.  Watching.  But honestly, Shae, you’ve been doing great.  You’ve got your legacy off to a fabulous start.  There’s been no reason for me to interfere.
Shae:  So why are you here now?
MJ:  Well, we do have a bit of a problem.  A glitch, I guess you could call it.  With your aging. 
Shae:  I knew it!  I woke up this morning with 1 day until age-up and I knew something was wrong.  How many more days do I really have?
MJ:  More days?  No, no dear.  Less days.  You should have hit 0 several days ago.
Shae:  No!  That’s not possible!

MJ:  Of course it is.  Think about it.  Isaac and Sawyer hit 0 and drank their Potions of Youth nearly 2 weeks ago.  You get some extra days because of the pregnancies, but still, you should have hit 0 last week.
Shae:  Oh, well, hmmmmm . . . . then I guess I really do hit 0 tomorrow.  So I'll drink my Potion of Youth and then I’ll have 24 days until I age up to Adult. 
MJ:  Not exactly.  You’ll need to blow out your birthday candles with 6 days remaining until Adult to fix the glitch.
Shae:  6 days!!  You have to be kidding.  I’m supposed to just throw away nearly a week of my life? 

MJ:  Nearly a week that you aren’t entitled to.  You don’t want to blow the whole Legacy over a few days that you aren’t entitled to anyway, do you?
Shae:  Hmmmmm . . . . let me think . . .
MJ:  Shae!!
Shae:  Okay, no, of course not.  But it seems harsh to make me just throw away 6 whole days.
MJ:  Well, think of it this way.  Isaac doesn’t have those 6 days.  So if you keep them, it’s 6 more days at the end of your life without him.
Shae:  Oh, when you put it that way . . . I guess you’re right.

MJ:  It’s nearly time to choose the new heir.  Have you thought about how you’re going to introduce the kids to the voters? 
Shae:  Not really, but I will.
MJ:  Well, I’m sure you’ll come up with a great idea.  I’ll be keeping an eye on you.  And I’ll be back when you’re six days from Adult.  I’ll even bring you a fabulous cake.

Shae met a few more Sims in the Fashion District and then headed home. 

Carlyle loves playing on the Pirate Ship and Nanny can usually be found with him.

Isaac upgraded the last two items to complete Nerd Brain.

And then he got a call from an old friend from his Police Detective days.  His friend suggested Isaac make some time to investigate weird happenings in the nearby community of Strangerville.  So Isaac took on the StrangerVille Mystery aspiration.

He decided to start his investigation at the 8 Bell Bar.  Immediately upon arriving, his phone started beeping with text messages from a number he didn’t recognize:

“Welcome to StrangerVille.  The only thing stranger than the people is the flora!”

“Some of the locals are acting a bit suspicious and there’s a large number of Military and Scientists in town.”

“Try asking people about StrangerVille.  They might be able to shed some light on this strange situation.”

In the bar he met Rita but she insisted she couldn’t talk about anything.  He chatted with her awhile and tried to soften her up.  It  was Talk Like A Pirate Day, so he asked her ‘ere the wind blows.  That seemed to confuse her.  Then he tried asking her about Booty, but she took that entirely the wrong way.

Just then, a local resident came into the bar exhibiting very odd behavior.

Isaac tried to talk to her, but it was no use.  She couldn’t communicate.  Suddenly she turned around and left the bar.  Isaac followed her outside and tried communicating again.  He got a sudden idea to try slapping her out of it.  It appeared to work, at least in the short-term, but there’s no telling if the improvement will last.

One of the local residents suggested he check out the Secret Lab, and another said he’d seen a lot of scientists at the library.  A third mentioned something about a curio shop. 

Isaac started with the library, since it was close by.  He thought the place was empty, but then he saw a young, bright-eyed woman dressed as he’d expect a scientist to dress, over at a computer. 

He casually walked by and greeted her with a jaunty “Ere the wind blows”.  She turned slowly, looked him square in the eye, and said, “Up.”  The she turned back to the computer. 

Not sure how to interpret that, Isaac decided to try the lab.  As he was leaving the library, he looked around and saw very colorful, strange-looking plants everywhere.

Sneaking into the lab, he took a look around.  He came across a locked door requiring a keycard, and his Detective training kicked in.  He took meticulous notes about everything he saw.

He snapped on some gloves, which he always carried (an old habit from his Detective days) and began snooping around.  He found a suspiciously blurry photo, an encrypted USB Device, a glitched hologram readout, a packet of mysterious seeds, and several hastily-scrawled notes.

He pocketed all the evidence he’d found and headed home.

Tetsu invited Fabiana over for some fun and games.  But she arrived angry and had a lot to say.

Tetsu let her get it all out, and then invited her to the sauna where the fun and games proceeded as planned.

Mariko arrived at the twins’ birthday party with some news for Sawyer, while Shae enjoyed a little two-fisted drinking on the front porch.

Aavelee aged up first, with true Drama Queen style. She added the Cheerful trait, and tried not to show too much excitement about her Chief of Mischief aspiration.

Brandt didn’t age up with quite the style of his (ever-so-slightly) older sister, but was just as pleased with his Friend of the World aspiration.  He added the Dance Machine trait.

Having survived both the freezing incident and the abduction with no long-term effects, Tetsu entertained the party guests with his splendid bar tricks.