Author Topic: A Sharebear Legacy: Shae Berra - HEIR VOTE  (Read 16684 times)

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
Re: A Sharebear Legacy: Shae Berra
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2018, 01:38:01 AM »
Legacy Stats

Succession Laws
    - Gender:EqualityThe Founder may be of either gender. Both boys and girls are eligible for the title of heir.
    - Bloodline:   Strict Traditional   Only natural born children are eligible to become heirs.
    - Heir:DemocracyChosen by reader vote; Watcher choice, if no votes.
    - Species:TolerantSpecies has no bearing on eligibility as heir.

Point Status: End of Week 6 - Total Points = 34
    - Family:1Only the Founder has reached Young Adult
    - Creative:2Shae and Isaac have memorialized each other
    - Fortune:4$423,568
    - Love:2Isaac's traits; Shae completed Serial Romantic and Soulmate
    - Knowledge:   7   60 maxed skills
    - Athletic:837 completed aspirations
    - Nature:21 completed collection & all mood paintings
    - Food:2Most expensive fridge & stove upgraded; 6 sims at table eating at same time
    - Popularity:437 gold dates, 1 bronze date, 1 gold wedding
    - Deviance:11 Potion of Youth locked away
    - Bonus:1Extreme start - winter

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2018, 01:38:29 AM »
Meet the Sharebears

Shae Berra - Founder, Young Adult
    Traits: Creative, Cheerful, Family-Oriented
    Maxed Skills: Charisma, Cooking, Dancing, Fitness, Handiness, Logic, Painting, Parenting, Photography, Selvadorian Culture, Wellness, Writing
    Completed Aspirations: Bodybuilder, Painter Extraordinaire, Fabulously Wealthy, Mansion Baron, Serial Romantic, Soulmate, The Curator, Leader of the Pack, Friend of the World
    Maxed Careers: Social Media:Public Relations

Isaac Villanueva - Primary Spouse, Young Adult
    Traits: Active, Dance Machine, Squeamish
    Maxed Skills: Charisma, Dancing, Fitness, Handiness, Logic, Painting, Parenting, Rocket Science, Selvadorian Culture
    Completed Aspirations: Bodybuilder, Painter Extraordinaire, Fabulously Wealthy, Mansion Baron, Soulmate, The Curator, Leader of the Pack
    Maxed Careers: Detective, Painting:Master of the Real

Sawyer Bailey - Secondary Spouse, Young Adult
    Traits: Bro, Vegetarian, Loves the Outdoors
    Maxed Skills: Bowling, Cooking, Dancing, Fishing, Fitness, Gardening, Logic, Wellness,  Fitness
    Completed Aspirations: Angling Ace, The Curator
    Maxed Careers: Gardener:Botanist

Tetsu Shimizu - Secondary Spouse, Young Adult
    Traits: Materialistic, Insider, Perfectionist
    Maxed Skills: Dancing, Fitness, Mischief, Painting, Writing
    Completed Aspirations: Painter Extraordinaire, Bestselling Author, Fabulously Wealthy, Mansion Baron, Bodybuilder, Chief of Mischief

Penny Pizzaz - Secondary Spouse, Adult
    Traits: Outgoing, Romantic, Ambitious
    Maxed Skills: Charisma
    Completed Aspirations: n/a

Aavelee Berra - Potential Heir, Teen (Gen 2)
    Traits: Creative, Cheerful
    Maxed Skills: Communication, Imagination, Movement, Thinking, Potty, Creativity, Mental, Motor, Social, Bowling, Piano
    Completed Aspirations: Rambunctious Scamp, Social Butterfly, Whiz Kid, Artistic Prodigy

Brandt Berra - Potential Heir, Teen (Gen 2)
    Traits: Genius, Dance Machine
    Maxed Skills: Communication, Imagination, Movement, Thinking, Potty, Creativity, Mental, Motor, Social, Logic, Bowling, Charisma
    Completed Aspirations: Rambunctious Scamp, Social Butterfly, Whiz Kid, Artistic Prodigy

Carlyle Berra - Potential Heir, Child (Gen 2)
    Traits: Cheerful
    Maxed Skills: Communication, Imagination, Movement, Thinking, Potty, Mental, Motor, Creativity, Social

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2018, 01:38:47 AM »
Introduction

A familiar lot . . . . a familiar land . . . . a familiar sim, face down in the snow.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

MJ:  Hello-o!  Good morning!  Time to wake up!

Sim in the Snow:    What??     Where am I???        WHO am I!?!?!?       WHAT HAPPENED??!!

MJ:  Oh hey there!  Good morning!  Don’t worry, everything’s fine.  Better than fine, actually.  Everything’s Fabulous!  You’re Shae Berra, and as for where you are, well . . . you’re HOME!  This huge lot with this fabulous view - it's all yours!

Shae:  What’s the catch?  And who are you?
MJ:  There is no catch, and I’m MJ, your Watcher.
Shae:  Watcher?  Oh wait, it’s coming back to me now.  I’m a Sharebear . . . but we changed my name.
MJ:  Yes, exactly.  It’s an anagram.  Remember we were having margaritas and thinking of names, and you said you liked anagrams so we came up with a bunch of possibilities. 
Shae (grinning):  I remember laughing so hard at Bash Areer that I nearly fell out of my chair. If I was a guy I would have totally picked that.
MJ: Yep, that’s what closed the gender question.
Shae:  But you didn’t tell me I’d be freezing my rear off in a lot with no house and six tons of snow!

MJ:  Oh, don't worry!  You don’t actually have to sleep here until there’s appropriate accommodations.  Remember, we talked about how you’re going to get started.  Your first aspiration is Leader of the Pack, so you’ll meet people really quickly.  Join a club, have a Good Time, and before you know it, you’ll be Always Welcome in any home. 
Shae:  Wasn’t there something about a Knight in Shining Armor?
MJ:  Yes, you’ll need to buy that – it’s a thing not a he
Shae:  Oh now you tell me.

MJ:  And you need a couple hundred dollars more to afford it.
Shae:  How am I supposed to come up with a couple hundred dollars?
MJ:  Don’t worry!  Go to a club outing.  Use your phone.  Take some pictures.  Sell them on the internet.  You’ll be fine.  And I’ll be dropping in to check on you.
Shea:  Yeah, speaking of dropping . . . you didn’t actually bring me here . . . you literally dropped me here, didn’t you? 

MJ:  Umm . . . . yeah . . . . well . . . just a little.  Sorry about that.
Shae:  A little!?  I was face-down . . .  butt-up . . .  in the snow!  That is not just a little!  Have you ever even done this before?
MJ:  Well . . .  not exactly.  (Speaking quickly) I mean, I’ve been a watcher before, for challenges, but not for a legacy.  I did a dynasty once, but to be completely honest, that was in the third simiverse, not the fourth, so it was all much less emotional.  It was this alien domination thing.  But don’t worry!  I know we can do this!
Shae:  It sounds like I’m going to be doing it and you’re going to be watching it.
MJ:  And guiding . . .  helping . . . I’ve learned a lot from the challenges.  You’ll see.
Shae: Really?  Tell me about these challenges.
MJ:  Well, they’re usually pretty short in duration, and they are pretty specific about what the sims have to do, and so we Watchers have to make the sims do the thing, whatever it is, over and over, and get them to do it faster and better than the sims of the other Watchers.
Shae:  So . . . they’re Watcher competitions . . . not really about us sims.  And they’re short, so you’re pretty much the slave-drivers and we're pretty much the slaves.

MJ:  See, that’s why I signed up for this.  When I joined the Third Simiverse, in the beginning, it was just me and my sims.  And I loved them.  I truly did.  I remember my first family . . . I can still see them in my mind.  Her name was Diana and his name was Adam.  She was a chef and he was a spy.  Their son grew up to be a great astronaut and their daughter played the most beautiful music.  I watched over them and their kids and their grandkids and their great-grandkids.  And I loved them so much.  I couldn’t even let them die.  I moved them out so the family could continue, but they didn’t age after they moved out, and they always came to visit.  And then I found the challenges and I started playing them too.  And through it all, I really loved all my sims. 

But then I moved to the Fourth Simiverse, and there was so much new to learn, and I started playing challenges right off the bat.  But this isn’t actually my day job, and I was also raising my family so I didn’t have a lot of time.  Pretty much all my sim-time was spent playing challenges.  I played a lot of them.  All the Watchers in the challenges share tips and strategies, because it’s really a big friendly competition, so I’ve learned quite a lot.  Then one night I came across a sim-story written by a great Watcher.  I've read some of her stories before, a long time ago.  So I started reading this one; it was such a lovely story.  She kept talking about Sharebears in her story, so I did some research, and I learned that there are several Watchers in several different dimensions watching over and guiding Sharebear legacies.  I read all their stories.  Their Sharebears are amazing, and the Watchers really love them and they tell their stories to other Watchers.  The Watchers love ALL the Sharebears, not just their own.  I realized how much I’ve lost by focusing only on challenges.  And I knew this was the next thing for me . . . watching over an amazing family of Sharebears and really loving them through generation after generation, racking up points together.

Shae:  Uh-huh.  So it’s about the points?
MJ:  No, no, of course not.  I mean, there are points, and we do want to get some.  But we don’t have to get them all.  We just need to get most of them . . . or . . . . some of them.  But most important is that we have fun.
Shae:  Right.  Ok, I’m still in, but just know that while you’re watching me, I’ll be watching you. 
MJ:  No problem!  Don't worry!  Now I’m going to give you some time to get settled in.  You don’t need to think about points or anything like that right now.  Just meet some people and have some Good Times.  Earn a little money and get your Knight.  Oh, and keep your eyes peeled for a suitable partner. 
Shae:  A suitable partner?  Oh that’s romantic.  Hey, what is that?

MJ: What?

Shae:  Oh!!  It’s what I think of your “suitable partner” concept.

Shae:  I will NOT be marrying a “suitable partner” – I’ll be marrying the man of my dreams, thank you very much.
MJ:  That’s perfect!  After all, you’ll be wanting to make adorable little nooboo heirs, and there’s always the secondary spouse – lots of room in the house for sims to help with goals!
Shae:  It’s not about the goals!
MJ:  Now wait a minute Shae, when we agreed to do this together, we agreed that we would focus on fun, family, AND goals.  We’re a team, and we need to be on the same page.
Shae:  Okay, okay.  I want to have fun and I want to raise a family.  But I do also want to meet some goals and get some points.  And I also do realize that you might know more about this than me, so I will listen to you.  I might not do everything you want, but I will listen.  But as for the spouse-choosing - that is all me.  You can give your opinion, and I even want you to, but I make the final choice.
MJ:  Fair enough.  Hey, what’s that?

Shae:  Forget it.

MJ:  You're going to be amazing!

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2018, 09:39:20 AM »
Wow, I came home to a new Sharebear. Welcome to the family Shae Berra. What a lovely intro GlazeyLady. I can't wait for more.

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2018, 10:54:05 AM »
Yay, new girl! Welcome to the madness, Shae. Good luck! Can't wait to see what happens next.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2018, 12:44:09 PM »
Yay, more Sharebears to love!  Welcome Shae and watcher MJ!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2018, 08:23:14 PM »
Welcome to the Sharebear metaverse! ;D
Yay! You're are the first to do the post-Seasons extreme start from the winter season!
I very much enjoyed your introduction! It's been so delightful seeing how different simmers play their legacies under slightly similar conditions.

Warmest wishes to you both, Shae Berra and MJ.
(I was initially a bit excited that a certain Michael J might appear as the watcher, lol...)
May you thoroughly enjoy your first Sims4 legacy challenge!

P.S. I've added your intro's 6th image of Shae Berra to the Rules: The Sharebear Legacy thread.
If you prefer a different image, would you pls PM me its link? Thanks!

Offline Tynynounours

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2018, 02:43:06 AM »
Oh, another sharebear!

Really impatient to see where you'll lead Shae after that rough and a bit cold start.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2018, 01:58:05 PM »
Wow, I came home to a new Sharebear. Welcome to the family Shae Berra. What a lovely intro GlazeyLady. I can't wait for more.
Thank you!  I'm excited to be doing this.  It was your story that started it for me, so thank you for the inspiration!

Yay, new girl! Welcome to the madness, Shae. Good luck! Can't wait to see what happens next.
Yay, more Sharebears to love!  Welcome Shae and watcher MJ!
Oh, another sharebear!
Really impatient to see where you'll lead Shae after that rough and a bit cold start.
Thank you all!  I had to exert some discipline on myself and catch up the story before I played too far ahead, so I have another update coming up today.

Welcome to the Sharebear metaverse! ;D
Yay! You're are the first to do the post-Seasons extreme start from the winter season!
I very much enjoyed your introduction! It's been so delightful seeing how different simmers play their legacies under slightly similar conditions.

Warmest wishes to you both, Shae Berra and MJ.
(I was initially a bit excited that a certain Michael J might appear as the watcher, lol...)
May you thoroughly enjoy your first Sims4 legacy challenge!

P.S. I've added your intro's 6th image of Shae Berra to the Rules: The Sharebear Legacy thread.
If you prefer a different image, would you pls PM me its link? Thanks!
Thank you!  I'm loving seasons - I thought starting in Winter would be difficult, but it really wasn't.  The scenes are beautiful, and, of course, it's always hot in Selvadorado! 

What I like best about the challenges is that we all do them at the same time and then share our ideas, strategies, and difficulties.  I love that you, @FrancescaFiori, and @PeregrineTook have applied a similar concept to a legacy.  It's so much fun reading everyone's stories.

I think you picked the best picture so far, but I'm sure I have some better ones coming up, so maybe we can replace it after the next update.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2018, 02:15:01 PM »
Generation 1.  Shae Berra

1.01 Let the Good Timers Roll

Shae:  You know, Bjorn, I’m cheerful and creative, and you’re a gloomy slob.  Don’t you think it makes more sense for me to lead The Good Timers?

Bjorn:  Gee, Shae, yeah, I guess so.  You do seem happier than me, and you’re certainly nicer to look at, so, yeah, you should probably be in charge.

Shae:  This Rally the Troops is really going to come in handy.  It’s good of you to show me, Bjorn!

Jacques:  Shae, come over here and help me rack up some club points!
Shae:  Points?  Okay, yeah, why not?  How hard can it be?               

Jacques:  Hahaha!  ‘Bout that hard I reckon!
Bjorn:  How about some foosball Shae?  I’ll try not to beat you too bad.

Moira:  So, Shae, what kind of work do you do?
Shae:  Oh, I don’t have a job yet.  I’ll get one, but for now I’m living off the profits of my photographs.  I sell them on the internet. 
Moira:  Really?  Can you make a living that way? 
Shae:  Well I’m just starting out, but business has been great so far.  LovesTheOutdoors42 purchased my landscapes, and SmoothBlackmailer bought all the pics I had with people in them!

Mila:  I heard you bought Hound’s Head over in Brindleton Bay.  That’s a pretty big place for one person.  You planning on settling down there for the long haul?
Shae:  Oh yes.  I have big plans and a lot to do.  As of today, Hound’s Head is officially renamed the Shae Berra Legacy Chateau.
Mila:  Shae Berra Legacy . . . ohhhhhh, you’re a Sharebear!  I knew you looked familiar!  So you’re starting a new legacy.  No wonder you came in and took over The Good Timers so fast.  Are you going to rename that too? 
Shae:  Maybe in time.  I’m going to expand our activities, that’s for sure!  For now I’m adding winter activities, so let’s head over to my place and have some good cold fun.  It’s getting a little too close for comfort in here anyway!

Shae:  We can rack up some more club points playing in the snow.
Back at Hound’s Head Shae Berra Legacy Chateau
Jacques:  Great lot Shae!  Snowball fight!

Shae:  Not really what I had in mind, you feisty old coot.  I was thinking snow angels.

Shae:  But if you insist!

Shae:  This has been fun, but I’m freezing!  I bought that darned Knight.  Now I’m taking the rest of my picture profits and heading somewhere warm!

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2018, 02:41:43 PM »

1.02  Bungle in the Jungle

Shae (to herself):  Wow, I might have bitten off a little too much here.  I must be crazy to head in there at night.

MJ:  Nah!  You can do it.  I have faith in you.
Shae:  Watcher!  You’re here!  (Looking around)  You’re . . . . where . . . . exactly?
MJ:  I’m not really there.  Not physically.  I’m just in your head.
Shae:  In my head?!?
MJ:  Don’t worry.  It’s perfectly safe and you aren’t going crazy.  It’s an inter-dimensional thing.  Watchers are telepathically connected to their sims.  So I can talk to you and you can hear me, even though I’m not really there.
Shae:  So do you hear and see every single thing I do?
MJ:  Well, I could, but I don’t.  I do with my challenge sims, but I’m giving you more freedom.  I’ll always let you know when I’m here, so you don’t have to worry that I’m spying on you.  But that also means you’ll have to call me if you need me, because I won’t be watching you every minute. Now you need to get busy on those briars.  It’s only getting darker.
Shae:  Ok, here goes nothing.

Shae:  ACK!!  I’m not squeamish but this is one huge spider!  Take that, Bug!  Hmmmmph . . . . Guess I showed him!

Shae:  The scenery here is amazing!  These new photos will bring a pretty penny on the internet!

Shae:  I am so glad no one’s around to see, or smell, me now!  What a stench!

Shae:  Okay maybe it was worth it in exchange for discovering this little Wonderful in a Bottle!

Shae:  This would be so much easier if I had a tool belt.
MJ:  No, this would be so much easier if you had someone in a tool belt.

Shae:  Yeah, I’m working on that.
MJ:  Really?  You’ve met someone?
Shae:  Actually, I’ve met several someones.  I just haven’t decided yet where I want to spend my time.
MJ:  Oh . . . . ummmm . . . . you want any help with that?
Shae:  Not yet.  I’ll let you know.
MJ:  Darn!
Shae:  Hmmm . . . the answer to this trap has to be here!

Shae:  Yeah, that wasn’t it!  I am so outa’ here!

Later, back at the villa.
Shae:  Oh, Father Winter!  You caught me napping.  Oh wow!  A $4000 All-in-one-PC!  Thank you!

Shae:  And I have a little something for you!
Father Winter:  Oh thank you Shae!  You know, with all this gift-gifting I do, hardly anyone ever gives me anything back.  Some cookies maybe . . . I get way more of those than I need!  Now what’s in here?  Oh . . .  oh my . . . . bone dust . . . . well, um, it’s the thought that counts, right? 

Father Winter: You don’t happen to have any cookies in the kitchen do you?

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2018, 04:57:46 PM »
Shae is doing great!  I love the contrast between the snow at home and the warmth of the jungle.  And Father Winter was quite generous!  A $4000 gift is a nice boost for a founding sim. 

Can't wait to see what kind of hunk in a tool belt Shae brings home.  ;)

Offline Tynynounours

• Occult
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2018, 05:24:15 PM »
Great start Shae.
Taking over the club, selling pics and now the ritual visit to the jungle.

Oh, father winter visit in vacation. And he is quite generous.

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2018, 11:33:59 PM »
Wow, that's some generous Winterfest Spirit, there! Hopefully, the jungle adventuring will help her get into a proper legacyboxtm with real walls and everything. (Also, I love that shot of the... I don't quite think it's got any particularly clear markers re:crocodile vs alligator, but maybe simiverse is different.)
Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2018, 09:48:13 AM »
Woot!  Another Sharebear legacy!!  Shae is so thoughtful!  Giving a gift to Father Winter.  That's fantastic  ;=)
Looking forward to seeing who she chooses as her Mr. Right.  Assuming it won't be Father Winter...

Offline wa-wa-world

• Vaguely Confused
  • Occult
  • Hi I'm Anna its nice to meet you
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2018, 10:32:39 AM »
I didn't realise Shae Berra was an anagram thats such a good idea!  Lol at father winter she should actually marry him instead that would be great
Gallery Id: Soda_Stealer

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2018, 10:00:15 PM »

1.03 Beautiful City

MJ:  What’s with all the snowpersons?
Shae:  Oh, we had a Good Timers club event – we chatted about the club and played in the snow all day.  We racked up a lot club points and I made good progress on my aspiration.

Shae:  Now I’m headed to the city.  We have a full club now and I’ve called a gathering at the gym there.  The club’s going to work out while I take some more pictures to sell and then give a couple of speeches to build my charisma.  I hear the city is beautiful in the winter and I think I can get some pictures that will sell.  Then I’ll work out too.  One way or another, I’m finishing Leader of the Pack today!
MJ:  Great work!  I’m impressed – you’re really going after this aspiration! 
Shae:  Yep.  And when this one’s done, I’m doing Friend of the World, which will be easy with all the people I’m meeting.  And then I’m going for Serial Romantic.
MJ:  Serial Romantic?  Are you meeting a lot of available men?
Shae:  Oh, you know what they say . . . . so many men . . . so little time  . . . to spend talking about them.  And no time now – sorry!  Gotta’ go!
MJ:  Wait!!
Shae:  Bye!!

A few minutes later, in the city. . .

Shae:  Wow!  The city really is beautiful in the winter!  Cold, but beautiful.

These pics are sure to sell!

Shae: So I’m not inspiring, huh!  I’ll show you!  Come over here and say that! I’ll give you something to be inspired about!

Bella:  Hi Shae!  You okay?

Shae:  Hey, Bella.  Yeah, just letting off some steam.  What’s up?
Bella:  Did you hear we aren’t allowed to leave?
Shae:  No, what’s going on?
Bella:  I’m headed downstairs.  Come along and I’ll tell you about it.  Apparently we’re all on lockdown because some nutcase vampire is breaking in. 
Shae:  Seriously??  Breaking in?!?  At the gym? 
Bella:  Yep, and we’re stuck here because of it.  This is a 24-hour gym.  The doors aren’t ever locked, so how does that “breaking in” even work? 

Shae:  I don’t know, but since you have a few minutes, let’s get a quick pic!
Bella:  Sure, Shae, but hey, you get in it too.   Speaking of pictures, you'll never believe what happened!  Some weird internet dude emailed Morty.  Sent him a bunch of pictures of women’s bodies that were . . . well . . . shall we just say, not as shapely as mine, but they all had my face photo-shopped onto them. 
Shae (nervously):  Ummm . . . gee, Bella, I wonder how some internet weirdo got your picture.
Bella:  I know, right?  The guy said if Morty didn’t write him a Book of Life he’d post them all over the internet with my name on them.  Morty freaked.  He can’t even write the Book of Life yet!
Shae:  That’s awful, Bella.  Say cheese!

Shae:  Oh, Bella!  Look!  That must be the vampire that’s breaking in!

Bella:  What?  Oh good grief – That’s Caleb Vatore!
Shae (whispering):  Do you think he knows he looks ridiculous?
Bella (also whispering):  I have no idea.  Those Vatores are a weird pair.  Brother and sister.  Both vampires. 
Shae (still whispering):  What is he doing?
Bella (very quietly):  I think he’s stalking someone.  Someone in the men’s locker room apparently.
Shae:  I’m going to look.  I don’t care if it is the men’s locker room.  He’s sneaking up on someone.  I think he’s going to attack.
Bella:  Be careful!
Shae (peeking in the men’s locker room):  Oh good grief!

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2018, 10:50:43 PM »

1.04 So Many Men, So Little Time

Shae:  Hey Watcher!  Yoo-hoo!  Where are you?
MJ:  You don’t have to yell.  I can hear you.
Shae:  I’m ready to talk about the men now.
MJ:  Okay!  Glad to hear it!
Shae:  Yeah, but I want to do it in person.  Meet me at the Old Quarter Inn in 5 minutes.

Five minutes later

MJ:  You said you’re ready to talk about “the men” – how many are there exactly?

Shae:  Thirteen, but one’s already an adult, so I’m cutting it back to twelve.
MJ:  Twelve!?!  Oh my!  That’s a lot!
Shae:  Yep, an even dozen. 
MJ:  Okay, Spill!

Shae:  Okay, so like I said, I’m ruling out one, that’s Larry, because he’s already an Adult and all the others are younger like me.  Also, before you ask, they’re all single.  Most are unemployed, so that’s kind of a bummer, but we can fix that.
MJ:  I hope you have pictures!
Shae:  Are you kidding?!  Of course I do.  This is Advik.  He’s a jealous, hot-headed bookworm.  Not the best traits, I know, but once I complete Serial Romantic the jealousy thing will be managed.  And if his hot-headedness gets in the way, you can just lock him in a room for me until he gets over it.

MJ:  Sounds like you’ve been doing some homework about traits and aspirations.
Shae:  You betcha’.  Hey, picking the right guy is the most important part of this whole thing!  So next is Frankie.  He’s also hot-headed, and he’s an Outgoing Foodie.  I don’t really know him yet, and I didn’t get to see his eyes, so, well, I don’t know.  But I think he’s worth a second look.

Shae:  Isaac.  He’s a Squeamish, Active, Dance Machine.  Not crazy about the squeamish part – I want to go back to Selvadorado, with my husband, and I’m not sure he’d do so well there.  But the Active, Dance Machine traits are good, and I think dating him will be fun.  Also, he’s a Level 10 in the Detective career, so worst case, maybe he’s a Secondary Spouse.

MJ:  I’m impressed.  You’re really taking this seriously.
Shae:  Told you I could do it.  Next we have Joshua.  He’s a Creative, Outgoing, Genius, and, as you can see, a redhead.  Obviously, I’m not insisting on red hair, but it is a plus.  And speaking of a plus, Joshua has a plus one.  I haven’t met his child yet, but he’s a Stay-Home Dad so clearly there is one.  You can tell from the picture that I met him in Selvadorado, and we had one date there. 

MJ:  Really? A date already!  Tell me about it.
Shae:  Later.  I want to tell you about all of them first.  But I will say this . . . it was HOT, HOT, HOT in Selvadorado that day!!
MJ:  Mmmmmm . . . . I just bet it was!
Shae: As you can see in the next picture, Kengo is also a redhead.  He’s another hot-headed one, and he’s unemployed but ambitious.  He’s a pretty cute bro.  I met him at the gym.

Shae:  And Mateo.   I met him briefly right after I got to Selvadorado, but didn’t have a chance to get a pic.  When I saw him again, I was out with Joshua, so I didn’t really get to chat with him.  But I think he’s pretty cute.  He’s a Geek, a Glutton, and a Cat Lover.  I’m not crazy about those traits, but I think he’s pretty cute.

Shae:  And then there’s Matias.  Matias was the first person I met in Selvadorado.  He’s the mixologist at the local cantina.  And he is HOT in ALL CAPS!  He’s a materialistic, art loving snob. 

Shae:  His traits might not be the best, but his hotness sort of melts that away.  Here, let me show you another picture of him.  You can see his eyes in this one.

MJ:  So have you been on a date with him yet? 
Shae:  Not yet, but I’m sure going to!  This next guy is Patricio.  I’ve only barely met him, but I know that he’s a Squeamish, Self-Assured, Loner.

Shae:  I don’t know why there are so many Squeamish men in Selvadorado.  Or maybe it’s just that all the squeamish men in Selvadorado are still single.  Maybe the Selvadoradan women don’t like their men to be squeamish.  I don’t know, but Rodrigo is Squeamish too.  He’s also Unflirty and Active.  I’ll go out with him, but I’m going to need a man who flirts, so he could really only be a Secondary Spouse.

Shae:  Samuel’s traits are Geek, Bro, and Cat Lover.  I think he’d be hotter with different hair, but he’s a really nice guy.  I like him. 

Shae:  Sawyer was actually a teen when I met him.  He was a Vegetarian Bro and I thought he was pretty cute.  I hadn’t met most of these other guys yet at the time; if I had, I might not have done what I did.

MJ:  Let me guess - you aged him up?
Shae:  I aged him up.  I just needed to know what that last trait would be.  I couldn’t wait around for him and then have it be something horrible.  I didn’t trick him or anything.  I told him what’s what and I asked if he was interested.  He said if I would go on a date with him right after he aged up then he was absolutely in.  So I baked him a cake, he blew out the candles, and we went bowling.  We had a lot of fun, and I tell you, for such a young guy, he’s a pretty good kisser.
MJ:  Oh yeah?  So what happened after bowling?
Shae:  After bowling, we flirted and kissed and then he suddenly took off.  It was weird.  I mean he’d just aged up so I don’t think he was going to work.  But I didn’t have much time to think about it, because right after he left, guy number 12 called and asked me to go to the Romance Festival.  And by the way, it was also New Year’s Eve.
MJ:  So tell me about guy number 12.
Shae:  Tetsu’s traits include Materialistic and Perfectionist.  He’s also an Insider, and has cat ears.  I do not know what is up with those ears. 

Shae:  I met him my first day here at The Shrieking Llama.  But I was so distracted by those ears that I couldn’t pay attention to anything he said.  In fact, I didn’t even realize he was a redhead until the next time I saw him – that’s how distracting those ears were!  When I saw him again at the gym it was better because I could see his eyes, and I could focus on them.  Here, let me show you.

Shae:  It was a surprise when he called and asked me to go to the Romance Festival.  I wasn’t sure about it, but Sawyer had gone running off, and there I was with no plans for New Year’s Eve.  So I said yes, and I am really glad I did!
MJ:  Oh?  What happened?
Shae:  Well, that’s a story for another update, but let me just say that by the time we parted ways, I’d forgotten all about those ears!

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2018, 11:09:28 PM »
Shae is doing great!  I love the contrast between the snow at home and the warmth of the jungle.  And Father Winter was quite generous!  A $4000 gift is a nice boost for a founding sim. 

Can't wait to see what kind of hunk in a tool belt Shae brings home.  ;)

Wow, that's some generous Winterfest Spirit, there! Hopefully, the jungle adventuring will help her get into a proper legacyboxtm with real walls and everything. (Also, I love that shot of the... I don't quite think it's got any particularly clear markers re:crocodile vs alligator, but maybe simiverse is different.)

Great start Shae.
Taking over the club, selling pics and now the ritual visit to the jungle.

Oh, father winter visit in vacation. And he is quite generous.

Thanks! Yes Father Winter really surprised me!  I expected a knick-knack, so that was quite a bonus.  Photography has been a go-to for me for fast money - pretty repetitive, but not as boring as creating plasma packs from fish!  Although that's a good one since it takes no game time.

Woot!  Another Sharebear legacy!!  Shae is so thoughtful!  Giving a gift to Father Winter.  That's fantastic  ;=)
Looking forward to seeing who she chooses as her Mr. Right.  Assuming it won't be Father Winter...

I didn't realise Shae Berra was an anagram thats such a good idea!  Lol at father winter she should actually marry him instead that would be great
I thought it would be fun to give a gift back, but there was very little in Shae's inventory - a few relics that she didn't want to let go of, and some bone dust.  Is there a use for bone dust?  I don't know of one, so she was willing to part with it. 

And no, no romance with Father Winter just yet . . . that might be in the future down the line for someone else, but as you can see, Shae has more attractive young men in the mix than she can possibly keep around.   ;)

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2018, 11:25:52 PM »
So many men, so little time. What's a woman to do? How will she pick?
Those pics in the city where just gorgeous.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2018, 10:44:29 AM »
Hmmm, that's a lot of options.  Every time I thought I was going to be a fan of one, another would seem like a good option!  Guess I'll just have to wait until I have more info before I start shipping  ;=)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2018, 02:17:04 PM »
Ohhhh, that's a lot of spousal options!
If I were Shae (but I'm not, obviously!), I'd probably pick Sawyer.
I can't wait to see which one Shae picks to be her Soulmate.  ;)

Unflirty isn't a problem trait--just set the club vibe to Very Flirty...
And don't you have scads of those VIP Buckets by now?

P.S. I switched your founder's image as requested.   ;D

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2018, 12:33:44 AM »
So many men, so little time. What's a woman to do? How will she pick?
Those pics in the city where just gorgeous.
I didn't start with the idea of all these men, but I'm also in the middle of the Romance Challenge and I guess that's what got me started on this path.  I do think EA has outdone themselves with Seasons - the winter is just so beautiful everywhere.

Hmmm, that's a lot of options.  Every time I thought I was going to be a fan of one, another would seem like a good option!  Guess I'll just have to wait until I have more info before I start shipping  ;=)
They're each going to get at least one date - can't wait to hear what you all think about who she should pick.

Ohhhh, that's a lot of spousal options!
If I were Shae (but I'm not, obviously!), I'd probably pick Sawyer.
I can't wait to see which one Shae picks to be her Soulmate.  ;)

Unflirty isn't a problem trait--just set the club vibe to Very Flirty...
And don't you have scads of those VIP Buckets by now?

P.S. I switched your founder's image as requested.   ;D
Sawyer was the front-runner, and as you'll see in the next update, he was the first date.  He really was so cute bowling - I haven't played much with that pack, so the animations were all new to me.  I got so busy watching them I forgot to take pics, so I missed getting him showing off throwing the ball behind his back and then landing sprawled out on the floor.  But then date number two brought some real . . . assets . . . to the game.  And dates three and four are nothing to sneeze at, and there is the red-head factor, so the decision's going to be harder than I thought.  Especially now that you've given me some ideas about how to overcome unflirty and put Rodrigo back in the running.

Thanks for switching the image!

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2018, 01:11:50 AM »

1.05  12 Boys in 6 Nights - Part 1

MJ:  I really want to hear about all your dates, but first, let’s recap your progress over your first week.  By my count, you have three points.
Shae:  Yes, 1 Family point, because I’m a Young Adult; 1 Athletic point for completing Leader of the Pack; and 1 Bonus point because you dumped me on my face in the snow and made me buy that useless suit of armor.
MJ:  It’s not useless.  It raises your bills, making your challenge more . . . challenging.
Shae:  Yeah.  Thanks for that.  So, 3 points, plus I’ve maxed photography and I’m level 9 charisma.  When I max charisma, my second aspiration will be done.  And, I have 9 more first dates ahead of me and then some second dates, so Serial Romantic will be a breeze.
MJ:  Speaking of dates, let's hear it!
Shae:  Ok, first was Sawyer.  Like I said, it was before I’d met most of these other guys and I was feeling like there weren’t very many choices around.  I thought he was cute and then I realized he was a teen.  I wanted to know what his last trait would be before I decided whether or not to date him, so I asked him to go with me to Myshuno Meadows. 

Shae:  I baked him a cake while I told him about the legacy and where he might fit in, and he was really interested.  But I needed to know what that last trait would be, and he agreed to bail on high school if I agreed to at least one date.  So I did and he did.

Shae:  And now he loves the outdoors!  So that worked out fine.  And then we went bowling.  We were surprisingly good at that!

Shae:  After bowling, we got all cozy and flirty.

Shae:  Things were really starting to heat up.

Shae:  And then he left.  Just stopped talking, walked out and disappeared.  I was trying to decide what to do next when Tetsu called.
MJ:  Testsu . . . yes . . . Mr. Cat Ears.
Shae:  Yes, and he invited me to the Romance Festival.  We met there and he immediately started flirting.

Shae:  Those cat ears really are distracting, so I consulted the Romance Guru.

Shae:  She was not helpful.  But I don’t really need her to tell me what's what.  Tetsu and I definitely have chemistry!  I just wish we didn’t also have cat ears.

Shae:  After the Romance Festival, we went back to where we met – the Shrieking Llama – for the New Year’s Countdown.

Shae:  And I made a resolution to have a significant other within a week!  After the countdown we went outside to talk.  It was a little chilly, but not as crowded as inside.  It suddenly struck me that maybe the cat ears were just part of the outfit, so I asked to see him in his formal wear.

Shae:  No such luck, but he does look pretty good in the sweater and tie.  So I took a chance and asked to see him in his swimwear.

Shae:  And just like that, I forgot all about the cat ears!  I kid you not – I could look at that all day long and then some.  But it was cold out and I surely didn't want him to freeze off anything I might want a closer look at later, so eventually I had to let him put his clothes back on.  But I did not want to, I assure you! 
MJ:  Oh, yes, I can certainly see why!
Shae:  I’d already decided not to make anyone a boyfriend until after I’ve had at least one date with each one.  So I settled for becoming Best Friends Forever . . . for now.

MJ:  Wow!  I’m almost afraid to ask about Date Number 3.
Shae:  Date number 3 was actually pretty unexpected.  I still had images of Tetsu swimming around in my head, but when he wasn’t standing right in front of me, I remembered the cat ears.  I was thinking about telling you about all the guys and I realized that I hadn’t gotten pictures of a couple of the ones I met in Selvadorado.  I couldn’t seem to invite them to my lot, so I went back for a short trip just to get pics.  I rented a place close to the market and I was there about 5 minutes when Joshua came strolling by.  He’s so cute!  And I love his red hair - and that he only has two ears and they’re on the sides of his head where they belong.

Shae: We chatted a few minutes and he invited me to go see the Archeology Museum with him.  But once we got there, we pretty much only saw each other! 

Shae:  We talked and laughed and flirted a lot!  He finally kissed me, and I wanted to encourage that, so I gave him a massage.

Shae:  I think he really liked it!  We talked some more and I told him about the legacy.  He told me about his daughter.

Shae:  I asked him if he’d ever consider leaving Selvadorado, and he said he would, but he’d want to come back and visit.  And that he’d only go if his daughter agreed.
MJ:  Are you open to that? 
Shae:  Of course!  I’m family-oriented, remember?  I’d never ask him to leave his daughter!  And there’s plenty of room in the house . . . that you haven’t built me yet. 
MJ:  Okay, so when’s the next date?
Shae:  Right now.  I’m meeting Mateo at the flea market.

A few minutes later . . .

Mateo:  Shae, so good to see you again!
Shae:  Yeah, I was thinking we should . . . . ohmygoshlook!  That guy is selling some rare metals!  I just need to run over there and grab those right quick!

Shae runs across the street.

Mateo (calling after her):  Sure, but then we go have some real fun!

Mateo:  You know we sounded really awful.
Shae:  Yeah.  Let’s just sit and chat here.  Maybe I can give you a massage.

Mateo:  Shae, you’re stealing my heart away!
Shae:  Well, aren’t you just so sweet to say  . . . oh my look at the time.  I really need to go check the flea market tables once more before it closes.
Mateo:  Not so fast, sweetheart!

Shae runs across the street.

Mateo (calling after her):  Until next time, Sugarlips!
Shae:  Ohmygosh, 13 of 15!  Score!

Later, outside the San Myshuno gym . . .

Matias:  Shae, what’s with the sudden gym meeting?
Shae:  Oh, I just need some energy, some fun, and a shower.
Matias:  I can help with that!

Matias:  That covers the energy.  Now you go grab a shower and then I’m taking you out dancing!

At the nightclub

Shae:  There’s something I need to talk to you about.
Matias:  Sure baby, what do you want to talk about?
Shae:  See, I’m the founder of a Sharebear Legacy and so I have to . . . .
Matias . . . come dance with me, that’s what you have to do!

Shae:  Now about this Legacy thing . . . . there are some things I have to do and sometimes I have to do them at a certain time.  For example, I'm not ready to be tied down just yet, but for the legacy, I really need a boyfriend right now . . .
Matias:  oooooyesyesyes!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2018, 09:10:56 AM »
Haha, Shae is really embracing her Serial Romantic aspiration with a passion.
I loved her little bowling outfit and envy her finding two different sets of collectibles for sale at the Flea Market.

I'm thinking I picked Sawyer first because his Loves the Outdoors trait would work well with Shae's outdoor living, and the challenge of starting a winter garden.
Not of fan of his bowling outfit.
Speaking of, couldn't you take Tetsu to Narwahl or Pan Europa to use a closet there to change his outfit.

By the way, Serial Romantic is so weird--why do the 10 kisses only count after reaching that particular tier but bfs/gfs count for later?
I guess Shae is seeking the magical trinity of best traits, best genetics, and hottest chemistry...can't wait to see which sim offers her that!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2018, 10:09:13 AM »
Oh man!  it was hilarious how she's collecting guys just the same as she's collecting snow globes.  Craziness!
Must say, Shae is off to a great start!!  Hmmm, still not certain who my frontrunner is.  I'd been leaning a bit towards Sawyer, but he just ran off!!  For shear genetics, I think I'd pick Joshua, but that, of course, depends on whether or not you want to take up a household slot with his daughter...though she could become a good support Sim...

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2018, 10:00:49 PM »
I'm kinda jealous of all the good choices Shea has for a spouse.  My founder did not find that many eligible bachelors (although I'm really happy with her choice so I can't really complain).

Looks like it will be a breeze for Shea to finish Serial Romantic.  Can't wait to see who ends up being the lucky primary spouse.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2018, 10:49:43 PM »
Haha, Shae is really embracing her Serial Romantic aspiration with a passion.
I loved her little bowling outfit and envy her finding two different sets of collectibles for sale at the Flea Market.

I'm thinking I picked Sawyer first because his Loves the Outdoors trait would work well with Shae's outdoor living, and the challenge of starting a winter garden.
Not of fan of his bowling outfit.
Speaking of, couldn't you take Tetsu to Narwahl or Pan Europa to use a closet there to change his outfit.

By the way, Serial Romantic is so weird--why do the 10 kisses only count after reaching that particular tier but bfs/gfs count for later?
I guess Shae is seeking the magical trinity of best traits, best genetics, and hottest chemistry...can't wait to see which sim offers her that!

Yes she is embracing it indeed.  She's actually started autonomously greeting every one of them with a passionate kiss.  Even when I try, I can't interrupt it.  It doesn't queue up; she just does it.  I haven't seen that before.  The only exception was when she was out with one guy and ran into another one.  She didn't have a chance to greet the second guy - he greeted her, and not with a passionate kiss!

Sawyer is definitely in the top 5.  Regarding the wardrobe - I didn't realize you could change non-controlled sims until reading these stories, and then I didn't remember it until you asked in this post.  So I did try that - awesome!  I didn't want to change him a lot, but I do prefer him without those extra ears!

It actually took longer than it should have to get those 10 kisses for Serial Romantic - I wasn't on that level yet when I started the round of second dates, but when I thought I'd doubled back and kissed all 12 after hitting that level, she actually only had 8.  So she had to grab 2 extra random guys and kiss them.   ;D   

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2018, 10:59:12 PM »
Oh man!  it was hilarious how she's collecting guys just the same as she's collecting snow globes.  Craziness!
Must say, Shae is off to a great start!!  Hmmm, still not certain who my frontrunner is.  I'd been leaning a bit towards Sawyer, but he just ran off!!  For shear genetics, I think I'd pick Joshua, but that, of course, depends on whether or not you want to take up a household slot with his daughter...though she could become a good support Sim...

I want you to tell me your top 3 after you see all the first dates.  I kinda' have my top 5, but I really want to hear what you all think before I make a final decision.  I'm not sure about adding a child sim - and as you'll see in the next update, Joshua isn't the only one with a plus 1.  The second one surprised me more than Joshua did.  And speaking of that second one surprising me, he did something else in the next update that I've never seen a sim do - that's probably more about my style of play than anything else, but my mouth literally dropped open!  I wish I'd been recording it, because I was too surprised to get really good pictures. 

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2018, 11:01:59 PM »
I'm kinda jealous of all the good choices Shea has for a spouse.  My founder did not find that many eligible bachelors (although I'm really happy with her choice so I can't really complain).

Looks like it will be a breeze for Shea to finish Serial Romantic.  Can't wait to see who ends up being the lucky primary spouse.

She is finding single, Young Adult men everywhere.  I keep catching myself checking out any new males that show up in game to see if they are YAs.  Most of them are, and I have to remind myself that 12 is enough!  I just hope the game keeps generating potential spouses through the next generations.

I hope you'll tell me who your top 3 are after you see all the first dates.  It would be fun to know what everyone thinks about that.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2018, 11:27:39 PM »
@GlazeyLady
If you would provide a short post which simply lists names and traits, we would all be glad to discuss our top 5 'rankings."
As for Tetsu, hopefully you switched his hairstyle but kept the speedo. *coughs

Haha, "all the firstt dates"? There's more? Can't wait!

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2018, 07:51:07 PM »

1.06  12 Boys in 6 Nights (Part 2)

Shae:  Do you want to hear about my legacy?
Advaith:  I want to hear every sweet little word that passes between your luscious lips.

Shea:  Really?  I didn’t think you were a romantic.
Advik:  I’m not, but I don’t want you to let a little thing like hot-headed jealousy worry you!  I’m also a bookworm with no job and no known skills.  I’m like a blank slate, ready to be molded into whatever you need.  I’m the perfect legacy spouse!

Shae:  Hmmm . . . maybe.  Wanna’ check out this wardrobe with me?

Shae:  I think one of us enjoyed that more than the other.

Frankie:  Shae, you picked the perfect place for our date.  You certainly do know the way to a man’s heart!

Frankie:  So tell me about this legacy thing.
Shae:  Well, I’ve really just started, but I have been racking up popularity points by . . . ummm . . . meeting a lot of people.  If we can make this a Gold date I’ll get even more points. 
Frankie:  Do you get points for the fabulous presentation of this very colorful and unusual meal we’ve been served?

Shae:  No, but lots of other things earn points – like building skills, completing aspirations, maxing out careers . . . “
Frankie:  Sounds like a lot of work.

Shae:  It is, but it’s not just me.  I’ll have a spouse to help . . . more than one actually.  There’ll be a primary, of course, and one or two secondaries.  And then three or four kids who will grow up to help . . . “
Frankie:  Secondary spouses and three or four kids!  Better you than me, that’s all I can say!  I hope you’re not thinking I’d want any part of that, because, no thank you little missy!  The food was fabulous, thank you very much, but I am not up for playing this legacy game of yours!

Shae:  So, Kengo, have you ever given any thought to being part of legacy?
Kengo:  Not really, but then no one has ever asked me to give it any thought.

Shae:  Well, I’m asking now, so what do you think?
Kengo:  I don’t know, Shae, I guess if it was the right person and we had the right chemistry and all . . . and then . . . I don’t know . . . maybe.

Kengo:  Okay, getting more interested.
Shae:  You know, in order to build a legacy, you have to have children.  We’d probably need to have three or four so we’d have options for choosing an heir.
Kengo:  I wouldn’t mind having three or four little Shae-toddlers running around.

Shae:  Good to know.  How do you feel about the idea of a secondary spouse . . . or two?  Not for  . . . romance, of course.  But to help with skills and aspirations and careers.
Kengo: I don’t mind, I’m sure we’d be Bros, as long as everyone is clear that I’m the primary, and the only one for . . . romance.  I’m not ridiculously jealous, but I’m little hot-headed and would not be willing to share you, so you’d need to keep that in mind.

Shae:  Understood.

Kengo:  I think we have the chemistry thing covered.
Shae:  Indeed.

Isaac:  I have to confess, I’ve never been bowling.  I’m not sure how good I’ll be at this.
Shae:  Oh it doesn’t matter.  I’ve only been once.  The score doesn’t matter.  It’s all about building the skill.
Shae (quietly):  Well, that and how good you look doing it.

Isaac:  So, is it true what they say about you?
Shae:  Who is “they” and what do they say?
Isaac:  “They” is everybody, and they say you’re some kind of dynasty chick here to found ten generations of bear lovers.
Shae:  It’s a legacy, not a dynasty, and I’m a Sharebear not a chick.
Isaac:  Yeah?  What’s a Sharebear?
Shae: Being a Sharebear means there others just like me in other dimensions founding their own legacies.
Isaac:  Other dimensions?  Really.  That’s cool, I guess, although you never know what kind of weird creatures might exist in other dimensions.  I’m not sure I’d want to travel there, if you know what I mean.

Shae:  So how does being squeamish fit with your job?
Isaac:  It wasn’t great at first, when I had to dig in trash cans for evidence.  But now that I’m the Chief, I can delegate out the disgusting stuff.  Why do you ask?
Shae:  Well, to be perfectly honest, as a Level 10 Detective, you’d be a great add to my household.
Isaac:  “A great add to your household?”  What does that even mean?  Are we talking marriage and babies or are we talking friends with benefits?

Shae:  Maybe we should just play that part by ear for now. 
Isaac:  Okay, listen, I know I can come on a little strong . . . maybe even a little weird . . . it’s just that you’re so beautiful and I’ve never actually met a legacy ch . . . founder before, and well, I just don’t want you to count me out.

Shae:  I’ll tell you what.  You promise never to call me Legacy Chick, and I’ll go out with you again.
Isaac:  That’s a deal!

Later, in Selvadorado
Shae:  Hey, Rodrigo, have I told you about my legacy?

Rodrigo:  Oh, Shae, don’t flirt with me.  You know it’s not my thing.
Shae:  Well, what is your thing?
Rodrigo:  Dancing.  I like to dance.  Indoors.  I like to dance indoors.

Shae: Okaaaaay, well, there’s plenty of time for dancing in a legacy.  There’s plenty of time for a lot of things.  In fact, you’d stay really active.
Rodrigo:  I might be interested, but would I have to move away from Selvadorado?
Shae:  Yes, but we could come back and visit.  There are skills and aspirations related to Selvadorado.
Rodrigo:  Oh, you don’t understand.  I gotta’ get out of this place!  It’s filled with creepy-crawlies and yucky stuff.

Shae:  I guess you wouldn’t have to come back.  Someone else could do that.
Rodrigo:  Yeah, I’d want to focus more on indoor activities.
Shae:  There are some really good indoor activities to focus on!

Rodrigo:  Wow, didn’t see that coming!  I thought we were just talking friends here.
Shae:  Oh, well we do have Secondary Spouses in a legacy.  Don’t worry, that’s just what it’s called.  It’s not a flirty, romantic thing.
Rodrigo:  Secondary . . . hmmmm . . . I don’t know, maybe.  Could you just try not flirting so much?

Shae:  Yeah, sure, whatever.  Oh look – a spider!

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2018, 08:36:22 PM »

1.07 12 Boys in 6 Nights (Part 3)

Samuel (calling out):  Oh, Shae, please don’t feed that cat . . . he can’t tolerate spicy food!
Shae:  I wasn’t planning on feeding him.  And I really don’t like the way he’s looking at me.
Samuel:  He’s harmless . . . mostly . . . just move away slowly and he won't attack . . . probably.

Samuel:  Hey if you’re going to be around awhile, how about we go out tonight?  We can talk, get to know each other.  Maybe do a little stargazing?
Shae:  Sounds great.  See you tonight.
Patricio:  I’m not working right now.  I could show you around Selvadorado.  What do you say?
Shae:  That would be fabulous!  Could we go up to Belomisia Trailhead?  I hear it’s beautiful up there and that it has some good dig sights.
Patricio (gulping):  Ummm . . . sure, Shae . . . whatever you want.

Up at Belomisia Trailhead

Shae:  It’s so beautiful up here.  Let’s cloudgaze!
Patricio:   Okay.  How about over here where there’s a little less . . . grass.

Shae:  The sky is so clear and blue.  Look, that cloud looks just like a little wooly-worm crawling across the sky!  Don’t you think so?
Patricio: Uhhh . . . yeah.  Can we get up now?
Shae:  Sure, if you want.
Patricio:  Is there something crawling on me?  On my back?  Because I feel like there’s something crawling on me.

Shae:  No, there’s nothing crawling on you. 
Patricio:  Ack!  There’s something crawling on you!  I will not look . . . I will not look . . . I will not look . . . oh for heaven’s sake would you spray it already!

Shae: It’s okay, it’s gone.  No big deal.  C’mon, we can sit over here and chat.
Patricio:  How do you like Selvadorado?  You’re not planning on moving here are you?

Shae:  No, but I do love it here.  I hope to come back when I can stay longer.  I’d love to do more exploring. 
Patricio:  Exploring . . . right.
Shae:  But first I have a legacy to start. Do you know what a legacy is?
Patricio:  I’ve heard some talk.  It’s where you move into a big mansion with a lot of rooms.  And all the rooms have doors that can be locked so you can keep people out and get lots of time to yourself.  And there are all kinds of things to do and you never have to go outside unless you want to, right?
Shae:  Not exactly.  I mean, I guess that could be true, but that’s not how it starts.  I don’t have a mansion yet. 
Patricio:  How big a house do you have?
Shae:  I don’t have a house yet.
Patricio:  No house?  So, no doors, no locks.  People just all around . . . all the time . . . outside.  That sounds . . . ummm . . . well . . . kind of awful.

Later that evening

Shae:  The sky is so beautiful here.  There are so many stars!
Samuel:  Is it?  Are there?  Oh, I guess you’re right. 

Samuel:  Sorry, I was distracted by something even more beautiful.  Someone, actually.
Shae:  So, Samuel, what do you know about legacies?
Samuel:  I know a little something.
Shae:  How little?
Samuel:  Well I do spend a lot of time online.  I’ve been following some interesting tales online about this . . . clan, I guess, or maybe a tribe . . . called Sharebears.  It’s said that they move into different simverses, find a mate among the locals, and found a legacy that grows for generations to come. 

Shae:  Do you know how many generations?
Samuel:  No.  None of the stories I’m reading have gotten that far yet.  But I did notice a resemblance between the founders in those stories and a certain gorgeous redhead who recently showed up in Selvadorado.

Samuel:  I couldn’t help but notice you traveled here alone.  Does that mean you haven’t yet started populating your household?
Shae:  Actually, no, I haven’t.
Samuel:  Well, I hope you’ll consider inviting me to join.  I already understand about primary and secondary spouses, and I’m cool with it.  I mean, I know I’m not the hottest guy around, and you’ll surely have your pick.  But I’m okay with being a supportive character in your story.  Even if it’s only for a little while.
Shae:  Well I’ll certainly give that some thought.
Samuel:  We geeks may not be the handsomest guys in the crowd, but it sure does come in handy to have us around sometimes.  Don’t lose my number.

Back in Brindleton Bay

Shae (answering the phone):  Hello?
Isaac:  Hi Shae.  I’ve been thinking about you.  Wanna’ go out?
Shae:  Sure, where should I meet you?
Isaac:  Well, bowling was fun, but I have something a little different in mind.

At Skye-Pool

Shae:  Great idea, Isaac.  This is really fun.

Isaac:  I hoped you’d like it.

Shae:  Yeah, that’s less fun.
Isaac:  How about this?

Shae:  Getting better.
Isaac:  Unfortunately I have to go to work now.
Shae:  Well that was quick.
Isaac:  I know.  Sorry.  I just wanted to make sure you weren’t forgetting about me.  And my Level 10 Detective career.

Shae:  It worked. 

Back at Shae Berra Legacy Chateau

Shae (to herself):  Geez, I can’t believe I didn’t think to shower before leaving Skye-Pool.  And I still don’t even have walls, much less a shower.  I guess I’ll head to the gym.

A little while later, after a shower

MJ:  Shae, look who’s here!  Isn’t that a nice surprise? You should go ask him out.
Shae:  I think I will!

Tetsu:  Shae!  What a nice surprise!  I was going to call you.  Want to go to the Disco with me?
Shae:  Hey look, we’re already here!

MJ:  Oh no, Matias!  He’s already your boyfriend.
Shae (quietly to MJ):  Maybe he won’t see us.
MJ:  Listen, give him time to go in, and then you take Tetsu straight downstairs.   
Tetsu:  So who was that guy?

Shae:  Well, his name is Matias.  He used to be . . . I mean . . . I guess he is . . . well . . . my boyfriend.
Tetsu:  You have a boyfriend and you haven’t mentioned it until now?
Shae:  Yeah, sorry.  So, I have this legacy thing going on, and it involves . . . blahblahblahblah . . . and so I have to have 8 boyfriends before I can settle down with 1.  Sorry I didn’t tell you.
Tetsu:  I see.  It’s the ears isn’t it?
Shae:  What do you mean?
Tetsu:  It’s the ears, right?  You’re trying to dump me without dumping me because of the ears.
Shae:  No, no, not at all.
Tetsu:  Not at all?
Shae:  Well, I mean, I’m not trying to dump you, but the ears  . . . are a little . . .
Tetsu:  Weird, right?  You don’t really like them do you?
Shae:  No.  I don’t really like them.
Tetsu:  Oh, what a relief!  I hate them.  But my roommate talked me into them.  And then I met you and you couldn’t stop looking at them and I thought you thought they were weird.  But he convinced me you liked the ears and he said if I dumped them you’d dump me.  I’m so glad he was wrong!  I saw a wardrobe on the way in here.  Give me a minute, okay?

And while Tetsu was in the wardrobe

MJ:  Shae, what were you thinking?
Shae:  Hey, I tried to come straight downstairs but the doors were locked.  You should have taken care of that.
MJ:  I didn’t know they were locked.  And that’s no reason to passionate-kiss Matias while you’re out with Tetsu!
Shae:  I know that!!  I can’t seem to help it.  Every time I see someone that I have a high romantic relationship with, that’s what happens.  Just like at the gym with Tetsu.  I was just going to ask him on a date.  I can’t control it.  You need to keep me out of those situations.
Tetsu (from inside the wardrobe):  Did you say something?
Shae:  Just making sure you’re ok.
Tetsu:  What do you think?

Shae (sighing):  Gorgeous . . . um . . . I mean . . . yeah, you look good.

The next day, Shae gets a text message

Text:  Shae, can’t stop thinking about you. 
         Meet me at The Narwhal Arms in 10 minutes. 
         Please come.

Sawyer:  Shae, I’m so glad you came.  I’ve really been wanting to see you again, without a bowling ball in my hand.

Shae:  Speaking of that, what happened?  I thought we were getting along great, and then you just ran off.
Sawyer (sadly):  I know, Shae.  I’m sorry.  It’s the plight of the unwatched sim.  Sometimes we just can’t control what we do.  We want to do one thing, but with no watcher to help us out, it’s like we’re forced to do something else.  Does that make any sense?
Shae:  Actually, it does.  I have a watcher, but still . . . been there, done that.
Sawyer:  I’m so glad you understand.

Watcher:  Shae, don’t look now, but Matias just walked in.  DO NOT go kiss him.
Shae:  Oh no!  What do I do?
Watcher:  Quick, hide in the wardrobe!
Shae:  Me?  Or Sawyer?
MJ:  Hurry!

MJ:  I really meant you, but at least he got longer pants and better shoes out of it.  Uh-oh!

And then this happened

MJ:  un-unh Matias!  You did not just slap my Sharebear!!
Shae (angrily):  Matias Molina!  What in the Forbidden Words do you think you’re doing?!?

Matias:  Me?!?  You’re the one blowing kisses at someone else when you’re MY girlfriend.  And you were out with a different guy yesterday when you planted that passionate kiss on me!
Shae: Oh you irritating little man!  I told you I wasn’t ready to be tied down!  I told you that was just for the legacy!  You agreed!
Matias:  You don’t really love me!

Shae:  Love you??!  You slapped me!!  Go Away!!  And for the record, that’s “Go Away” from the mean menu, not “Ask to Leave” from the friendly menu!
Sawyer:  See, this is exactly what I meant about being an unwatched sim!  I have to stand here and do nothing while he treats you like that!  I just wanted to punch him out . . . TWICE . . . and then again!
Shae:  Don’t worry, Sawyer.  Matias Molina will get his, I promise you that.
Sawyer:  Good!  I just hope I’m there to see it.  And to help!
Shae:  C’mon, let’s dance.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2018, 09:00:03 PM »

1.08 It’s Raining Men

Shae:  MJ, I’ve had it.  I’m done with this dating all these guys.  It sounded like so much fun.  And, honestly, it has been pretty fun.  But I’m tired of it, and I want to get moving on more than Popularity points.
MJ:  Good, because this is wearing me out!  And I don’t want anyone else going slap-happy on you!  So, who do you pick?
Shae:  I don’t know.  I mean, some are easy to cut, but it’s hard to pick just one.  Who do you think I should pick?
MJ:  Now Shae, you were very clear on this.  You wanted this to be just your choice.
Shae:  Yes, but I said I wanted your opinion.  And I could really use some help deciding.
MJ:  How about this – we’ll share information about all the ones you’re still interested in and get input from the other watchers.  How does that sound?
Shae:  It sounds like a great idea.  I’ve narrowed it down to 6, but it's really hard to decide. 

In alphabetical order by first name:

Isaac Villanueva – Level 10 Detective – I really want to bring Isaac into the household.  I’m not crazy about the Squeamish trait, but I could work around it.  We have great chemistry and he is a Level 10 Detective, so he’s earning over $2000 per day.  He could bring us in some quick cash and still have time to max another career.  Our babies might not be redheads, but they’d be cute.

Joshua Pena – Stay-at-Home Dad – Joshua has great traits, and we had fun together.  Our first date was pretty hot, but that was the weather more than the chemistry.  He has a daughter, but that would be okay.  I think I’d like to have two secondary spouses and I'd prefer 4 potential heirs, but I could cut that back to 3 so there'd be room for an extra child.  Actually, probably a teen not a child, since we’re almost at the end of the second week.

Kengo – Unemployed – Kengo may be hot-headed, but I didn’t see any evidence of that.  I was surprised at how much chemistry we had together in that hot tub.  I didn’t think he was all that attractive at first, but now I think he’s pretty hot.  He spends a lot of time working out for a non-Active guy, so I bet that bod’s going to buff up some.  He’s not employed now but he’s ambitious so I think he’ll do well once he decides what he wants to do.  And it doesn't hurt that he's a redhead with great bone structure - our babies would be gorgeous.

Samuel – Unemployed – Samuel just seems like a nice guy.  His traits are fine but nothing to get excited about.  Although he is right that it can be good to have a geek around.  I don’t plan on having room in the house for a cat though.  I don’t have enough chemistry with him to have him as a Primary Spouse, but he wants in and he’s happy to be a secondary.  I guess he could be a pollinator.

Sawyer – Unemployed – Sawyer feels kind of like a first love.  He was such a sweet boy and I aged him up for selfish reasons, although he was very willing.  He seems young and innocent, but he also seems rock-steady, like I’d be able to count on him once he gets more control over his own actions.  The relationship isn’t as hot as some of the others, but that might be my fault – I think I’m still kinda’ seeing him as a teen.  Maybe he needs a makeover and some grown-up chin hair.  Okay, he’s starting to seem hotter already!  I bet we’d make cute babies.

Tetsu – Unemployed – Oh, Tetsu!  What can I say about Tetsu?  Well, I can tell you that when we went to the Disco, before he dumped the cat ears, he serenaded me.  And he has a really nice singing voice.  He certainly has a hot bod, but I don’t want to choose a Primary Spouse on body alone – I’m pretty sure MJ knows how to beef up any bod.  His traits are good, and his hair is red.  But I don’t know, maybe we should just be best friends. 

Offline wa-wa-world

• Vaguely Confused
  • Occult
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2018, 09:27:17 PM »
Shae girl go for issac he's got some sick hair and a good job and the Seamus trait is easily passable if you take extra showers lmao

You're doing great so far

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2018, 10:32:43 PM »
My vote goes to Isaac.  He has great genetics and insta-completes a career for you!  That man's a keeper!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2018, 11:18:25 PM »
First of all, I just want to applaud Shae Berra and MJ for the boundless entertainment this whole spouse hunt has provided.
I absolutely adore spouse hunts--all the possibilities with none of the risk (yet)!

Looool, @wa-wa-world ! Did you mean the Squeamish trait or your Sharebear founder Seamus (who I love to pieces)?
Since you've so put together this update detailing your top six, Shae, here are my worthless opinions.

From least favorite to favorite
6. Kengo: No, no, no! I can tell by Kengo's narrow shoulders in the hot tub. He has a pear-shaped body, doesn't he?
               Please, we are Sharebears, not Pearbears!
5. Joshua: Also, no. You can move his kid in and they can help out with housework and stuff, but they won't earn any points for the legacy.
    Joshua does have great traits, though.
    I don't know. Pinstar tells us to merge sims into a different household so they don't bring cash to the legacy. Maybe merge Josh & kid, then leave the kid behind? Too harsh?
4. Samuel: He doesn't seem as useful as Sawyer, Tetsu, and Isaac.
3. Sawyer: I don't see him as primary spouse material but he'd make a great helper because he loves the outdoors. He can handle the gardening and fishing, lol.
2. Tetsu: I love Tetsu's chemistry with Shae plus he shares my father's name. He could maybe become the household painter?
1. Isaac: Isaac is the best-looking and he's at the top of his career. Heck, you could even have him quit to start a second one!

I'm laughing at myself over how seriously I'm taking this, hahaha.
My vote's for Isaac, mostly because he's my type of good-lucking plus he was pretty hot during that last date.
My Gen3 heir's spouse Jaxton was squeamish and I barely noticed because I had other sims to fish, garden, and clean.

My second choice is Tetsu. As pollinator, he could pollinate your simverse with little redheads.
Lol, seriously an embarrassment of riches, Shae!

Offline wa-wa-world

• Vaguely Confused
  • Occult
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2018, 05:48:59 AM »
@oshizu Omg I meant squeamish this is what I get for staying up late

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2018, 08:57:39 AM »
Comming back from vacation to find this? I had a laugh all the way though.
Welcome to the club Shae

I am just saying I would choose Isaac ;)

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2018, 10:57:18 AM »
Shae girl go for issac he's got some sick hair and a good job and the Seamus trait is easily passable if you take extra showers lmao

My vote goes to Isaac.  He has great genetics and insta-completes a career for you!  That man's a keeper!

My vote's for Isaac, mostly because he's my type of good-lucking plus he was pretty hot during that last date.
My Gen3 heir's spouse Jaxton was squeamish and I barely noticed because I had other sims to fish, garden, and clean.

I am just saying I would choose Isaac ;)

WOW!  I'm not surprised Isaac came out on top, but I did think there'd be at least one vote for someone else with Isaac as a secondary. Thank you all for the feedback - I really appreciate it.  This  was fun, but I am honestly a wee bit sick of the romance interactions and ready to get on with the . . . everything else!  (Although I do still have to finish the romance challenge on this forum before end-of-day tomorrow).

@oshizu  Your opinions are never worthless, and yes, indeed, Kengo is a pear.  I actually saw him in game 3 or 4 times before Shae even introduced herself, and then it was only because I'd decided to go for 12 bachelors and I needed some "fillers".  But I really liked his facial expressions in the hot tub, so I figured if she kept him, I'd take a page from your book and fix him in Manage Worlds (which I'd never realized you could do, so thank you for that tip - I never realized how much of the game I've missed by focusing only on challenges and always playing by those rules).

At first I was sold on Sawyer, but then Tetsu's speedo distracted me, and by the end Isaac was pulling ahead.  I do like his hair style, although I'm not crazy about the pink tint with the dark blue eyebrows and black facial hair.  It's not any of them individually, it's the combination - I just like all that to match a little better.  So he's going to need a makeover. 

Now to see how Tetsu, Sawyer and the others feel about just being friends.  ;D

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2018, 05:37:16 PM »

1.09 Did You Ever Have to Make Up Your Mind?

MJ:  So did you read the feedback?
Shae (grinning):  Yes I did.  Isaac is the big favorite. 
MJ:  And?
Shae:  He’s pretty hot.  And I like that he says what he thinks.  And I really like the way he looks at me.  Like especially in the hot tub.   Of course it’s great that he’s already maxed a career.  I wish I knew what he wants to do . . . you know . . . his aspiration.  But I can’t figure out a way to get him to tell me that.  My romance bar is maxed with him, so I know I would love him if I let myself, but my romance bar is maxed with Sawyer and Tetsu too.  Tetsu was my first best friend, and Sawyer is my current best friend, and my friendship bar is maxed with both of them.  Not so with Isaac.  And I can’t move forward in my Soulmate aspiration unless I marry my best friend.  So either I marry Sawyer, get Tetsu back as my best friend and marry him, or become best friends with Isaac and marry him.
MJ:  What about Kengo?
Shae:  Watcher oshizu is right.  He’s a Pearbear.  I know you could fix that, and I do think he’s really good-looking, you know, above the neck.  And I like that he’s a redhead.  But he’s also a hot-head and I’m just not sure I want to deal with that.  His red hair is just not a good enough reason to marry him.
MJ:  And do you like Isaac’s hair?
Shae: I like the style.  Can’t say I’m crazy about the pink tint, especially with the dark blue brows and black facial hair.  But I’m sure I can talk him into a make-over.
MJ:  So what are you going to do?
Shae:  I’m going to go talk to them, and if all goes well, I’ll soon have a husband and two housemates.  Of course you know . . . [dramatic pause] . . . I need a house to have housemates.
MJ:  You go figure out the men and take some more pictures to sell.  I’ll figure out the house.

Later, at The Narwhal Arms

Shae:  Isaac, I have something to talk to you about.  I’d really like it if you’d move in with me.

Isaac:  Move to your empty lot, you mean?
Shae:  It won’t always be empty.  And it would be . . . you know . . . with me.
Isaac:  Well, I am a great add to your household, what with my Level 10 Detective career and all.  So, are we talking primary spouse and babies, or friends with benefits?
Shae:  Oh we are definitely talking primary with babies.

Isaac:  Ah, Cupcake!  I knew you’d pick me.

Shae:  Oh really?  You’re that sure of yourself?
Isaac:  I think you’d have picked me even if the Watchers had picked someone else.
Shae:  How did you know about that?
Isaac:  Oh, Sweetheart, please!  I’m the Police Chief. I know all kinds of things.
Shae:  Oh, you think you’re so cool.  You and your pink hair.
Isaac:  You dig my hair? 
Shae:  Actually, I love the style.  Hate the pink.  And with dark blue eyebrows and black facial hair?  What’s that about? 

Isaac:  You don’t like my eyebrows?
Shae:  I’m just saying, I’d like it better if the hair and the eyebrows and the beard all . . .  matched . . . a little better.
Isaac:  Anything for you, doll.

Isaac:  So what do you think?  Am I hot enough for a Legacy Chick . . . er . . . Founder?
Shae:  I think you’ll do.

Isaac:  You think I’ll do?  Well I bet you didn’t know I was going to do this.

Isaac: Will you make me your Sharebear forever?
Shae:  Oh, Isaac!  Yes!  I can’t believe you proposed on Love Day!  You’re so romantic.

Isaac:  We’re going to build a great Legacy together, Cupcake. 
Shae:  Indeed we are, my love.  Indeed we are.  And speaking of building . . . MJ is working on building us a house.  Meanwhile, I want to bring in Sawyer and Tetsu to help with skills, aspirations, and careers.  If we add them to the household as Secondary Spouses, they can help us earn points.
Isaac:  As long as we all understand that there are no, shall we say, spousal privileges, for Secondary Spouses.
Shae:  Of course, my love.  We’ll be just friends.
Isaac (emphatically):  Friends with no benefits.
Shae (giggling):  Exactly.  In fact, now that I know it’s your dream to be a Painter, I have an idea for how we can help them both find new girlfriends. Let’s go get them.

Later at Crick Cabana

Isaac:  I’ll give you a little privacy.  But I’ll be right over here if you need me.
Shae:  Hey, Sawyer.  I wanted to talk to you about joining my Legacy. 
Sawyer:  I knew we’d come to this.  Ever since that day you baked me a birthday cake.
Shae:  Yeah, the thing is, I’d really like for us to just be friends. 

Sawyer:  Just friends?  Oh, so you picked Isaac as Primary Spouse?
Shae:  Yes, but you're my best friend, and I really want you to do this with us.
Sawyer:  Ok, yeah, it’s cool.  I’m game.
Isaac:  Sawyer, bro, good to have you with us!

Sawyer:  Hey, thanks, man!  You’re the squeamish one, right?  Hey, no worries, I got the manly outdoor stuff covered. 
Isaac:  Well, good, because you know, as Police Chief, I’m pretty busy arresting people, throwing them in jail, taking down the bad guys.  While you’re playing in the dirt and hooking little fishies, I’ll be keeping the world safe for guys like you.
Sawyer:  Yeah, whatever.
Isaac (quietly):  Just know this: you touch her, I kill you.  The end.

Sawyer:  Chill, bro.  We’re just friends.  We don’t even have a romance bar anymore.
Shae:  If you boys are finished there, let’s go get Tetsu.

Later, at Medina Studios Apartments

Tetsu:  Hey, Shae.  Glad you came by.  Something weird happened that I need to talk to you about.  This woman named MJ whisked me up and plopped me into this dump of an apartment with some guy named Salim.  She said she’s your Watcher and I should ask you about it.

Shae:  Remember that Legacy I told you about?  Well, anyone who moves in has to come with no money.  If you live alone, your money will come with you.  So MJ dumped you here with Salim so that if you agree to move in with me, your money stays with Salim and we don’t break the rules before we even get started.
Tetsu:  Oh!  You want me to help you found your Legacy?!?
Sawyer:  Guess again.
Tetsu:  Him?  You picked Sawyer?
Isaac:  One more time, Cat-Brain.
Tetsu:  Nooooo!  You picked the squeamish guy?
Isaac:  Actually . . .
Shae:  Isaac, I got this.
Isaac:  Ok, but I’m staying close.

Shae:  I picked Isaac because I love him and he loves me.  And we’re engaged.  But you were my first best friend.  So can we just be friends?  And will you move in with us?
Tetsu:  It doesn’t feel like we’re friends when your Watcher throws me into a dump like this. 

Shae:  So move in.  It’s just a lot now, but we’ll have a house soon.  And I plan on completing the Mansion Baron aspiration in the next couple weeks, so it’ll be a great house.  And I really want you there.
Tetsu:  Tell me he’s not doing pushups to look all strong and manly.
Shae:  It doesn’t matter why he’s doing pushups.  Say that we can be just friends and come move in with us.

Tetsu:  Yeah, I’m in.  Just friends. 
Isaac:  Without benefits.
Tetsu:  I got it, dude.  Chill.  And I’m okay with leaving my $2700 with Salim.  He needs it to fix up his place.  Soon I’ll be making money like crazy as a Bestselling Author.   

Back at The Shae Barre Legacy Chateau

Hi folks.  MJ here with a quick catch-up.  I'd like to say my camera broke, but the truth is I just forgot to take pictures of some stuff.  So here's what happened:

When Shae, Isaac, Tetsu and Sawyer got home, everyone opened a gift from the gift pile I left on the lot back at Winterfest.  Shae got a Duffel o’ Cash that she can’t spend.  It was pretty funny.  Tetsu’s box held only sadness and lies.  Maybe that will be the foundation of his first book.  Sawyer got a Shelly’s Shell Towel Ring that he said he will treasure.  He put it in the household inventory.  I sold it.  Isaac got the best gift - a London’s Choice oven that he can’t wait to show off.  Eventually, they’ll need to buy and upgrade the best oven in the game, but I let him keep this one for now.

By this time it was 2 am on Saturday morning of the second week; Sawyer went to gather collectibles and then to fish.  While Tetsu and Isaac stargazed to get feeling inspired, I delivered an easel for Isaac and a desk, chair and computer for Tetsu since Shae sold the one Father Christmas so generously gave her.  Shae made plans for a wedding on Saturday afternoon, and then took pictures throughout the night to get enough money for me to start building a house.

Saturday morning, 10 am

Isaac:  Happy Wedding Day, Cupcake.

Shae:  Happy Wedding Day to you.  Let’s get this party started.
Isaac: Shae, I promise to take out the garbage for you when you’re pregnant even though it gives me a disgusted moodlet.

Shae:  Isaac, I promise to never laugh at your dancing, no matter how ridiculous you look.

Shae:  I now pronounce us husband and wife.
Isaac:  And that means I get to kiss you.

Isaac:  I feel as if we’ve become one person.

Shae:  With this First Slice, our Gold Medal Wedding is in the bag.

Isaac:  Let’s check out this cool telescope.

Isaac:  That was fun.  Can we do it again?
Shae:  I’ll be right back.  I need to go check on something.

Shae:  Success!

Shae:  Hey MJ!  We’re going to be needing that house pretty soon!

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2018, 05:53:25 PM »
Congrats on the lot full of maleness.  ;D

Shae makes a lovely bride. Issac and his squeamish trait. LOL I want to see him change a diaper. Speaking of diapers, congrats on the incoming nooboo.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2018, 12:02:07 AM »
I'm just getting caught up, and wow!  That was the most thorough spouse hunt I've ever seen in the sims.  Congrats to Isaac and Shae!  The wedding was beautiful.
Thanks for fixing Isaac's eyebrow and facial hair situation.  He looks much better now.   ;)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2018, 12:11:52 AM »
Nice, Shae has her own little legacy harem going on.
Wow, Isaac has the Painter Extraordinaire aspiration? Girl, he's perfect!

Speaking of perfect, Shae is breathtaking in that wedding gown.
Congrats on a gold-medal wedding and on getting pregnant on the first try! (Lol, that she ran off to take a test right away)
Can't wait to see how MJ molds this household of talented sims!

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2018, 01:01:26 AM »
Another Sharebear!  Omw, I loved all the men!  I have to admit, I had a thing for Tetus, but I think Shae chose well.  I also laughed hysterically with Isaac and threatening Sawyer, probably more than I should have bwahahahaha

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2018, 09:36:57 AM »
Another Sharebear!  Omw, I loved all the men!  I have to admit, I had a thing for Tetus, but I think Shae chose well.  I also laughed hysterically with Isaac and threatening Sawyer, probably more than I should have bwahahahaha

Thank you for reading and for your comments.  I'm glad to know it made you laugh - when I'm writing, I'm often not sure that others will laugh at what I think is funny.   ;)
I am behind on updates due to busy work, busy family, and the Joker and Baby Boomer challenges.  I hope to get another chapter at least written this weekend, and then continue play after I finish Baby Boomer. 

And by the way, Isaac has been working on fitness.   :D

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2018, 05:48:11 PM »

1.10 Time Keeps on Slipping . . . Slipping . . . Slipping . . .

MJ:  Before we pick up our story, I need to tell you all something.  I have been ignoring my Sharebears.  I know, I’m not proud of it, but it’s true.  Job, family, and playing challenges have kept me very busy for the last several weeks.  When I left them in early August, my Sharebears were on Week 5, but this story was only on Week 3.  My notes are a little sparse, but we have a lot of pictures.  We’re going to be moving quickly to get caught up and that means more narration and less conversation.  But the pictures really tell the story anyway.

After the wedding

Isaac:  You know, we could take off for Selvadorado and spend our honeymoon working on your Soulmate Aspiration!
Shae:  We could, but we wouldn’t make much progress on our Legacy that way.  If we stay here we can get your painting club started, and Sawyer and Tetsu can make progress on their aspirations.
Shae (grinning):  And you know, my love, we can work on Soulmate anywhere.
Isaac:  Your wish is my command, Buttercup.  I’ll call the painters. 
Shae:  And I’ll take some more photos to sell so we can furnish the house MJ is working on.
Tetsu:  You better not be taking pictures of me in this chicken hat.  I’m only wearing it because the tag says it fosters inspiration.

Shae:  Darling, you did very well choosing painters!  Tetsu and Sawyer both seem to have found a love interest.  How convenient that they are both redheads!
Isaac:  And Moira and Alice are unemployed, so they won’t have to leave to go to work.  Alice already has some painting skill, so she’ll be a good earner for us.

Sunday: Skill Day!

With the Painters Paint club hard at work on this hot first-day-of-summer, Shae bought a woodworking bench and called a repairman to come mentor her (Seiji Sakamoto). 

Tetsu hit it off immediately with Fabiana Barrera. 

And Sawyer found his lady-love in Mariko Murakami.

Rodrigo called to ask if he could join Sharebears.  He thought he had what it takes.  Shae had to tell him that ship had sailed.

Sunday at 3:50 pm ($18,437)

MJ: Shae, you’re doing great there with that saw!
Shae:  Yeah, thanks.  You know MJ, I’m 3 hours away from my second trimester and still no house.
MJ:  Plenty of time.  You just keep woodworking, and make sure Isaac keeps that painting club going, and there’ll be plenty of money for a house before the babies come.
Shae:  Babies?  As in, more than one?
MJ:  One can only hope!  Oh, one other thing – buy Connections and get a job.
Shae:  That’s two things.
MJ:  Just do it.  You’ll start at level 3 and get paid while you’re on maternity leave.  What kind of job do you want?
Shae:  I have no idea. 
MJ:  I’ll give you an hour to make up your mind. 
Shae:  An hour?  I’m pregnant, I’m sawing, and I have a splinter!  How am I supposed to figure that out in only an hour?
MJ:  No worries.  If you need help, I’ll pick for you.

Shae chose Social Media so she could work from home.  She planned to join the Public Relations branch.  Followers might be harder to get, but she wouldn’t need as many.  She’d be starting at level 3 thanks to her Connections. 
Everyone was staying on the home lot to keep the painters painting and the money rolling in, But Sawyer wanted to make progress toward completing a collection.  So he bought a chef station and hired Jesminder Bheeda to make Experimental Food that he could take pictures of.  In between photos, he researched his plants to gain gardening skill quickly with the benefit of skill day.

Tetsu was at level 7 writing by the time he finally finished his first book. He started his castle series with the Alabaster Castle.  He hoped to be able to write The Book of Life by the time he was halfway through the alphabet.

With a lot full of Sharebears and painters, Vlad decided to break in to the bathroom, which was the only part of the house built so far.  Tetsu was just finishing a shower, so he tried to come out and introduce himself, but as soon as he queued that up, Vlad turned around sharply and left.

Monday morning, Sawyer’s elements came, and the only thing he needed to finish The Curator was to complete a collection.  He had a good start on the Experimental Foods collection, so after stopping off at the museum for Isaac to view three pieces of art, they all went to Chez Llama.  Isaac asked for a table, but there were no tables for 5 (the Handyman was still with them because Shae hadn’t maxed handiness) so Isaac sat at a separate table.  They ordered meals + 3 extra plates to finish the collection.

Sawyer used his points from completing his collection to buy the Connections reward, and then he joined the Gardener career.

Back at Shae Berra Legacy Chateau

Shae:  Hey MJ!  I am giving birth any minute now.  Is that house happening anytime soon? 
MJ:  Yes, actually.  Look around – the lot is empty.  Everything is in inventory and I’m getting ready to replace it.  I just needed you and the Painters Paint club to make enough money.  The empty house I want for you is about $90,000.  You’ve managed to pull in almost $138,000.  So we’ll have some money for furnishings.  Now move to the front of the lot.  We’re not in Kansas and I don’t want the house to land on you.

Shae:  Wow, MJ, this is awesome, but it’s so big!
MJ:  You have a growing family here, you’ll need the space.

Shae:  How did you build it so fast?
MJ:  I didn’t.  It was built by shetcogle; it’s called Greystone Park Shell.  I just added the greenhouse and changed up the backyard to make room for the painters.

Shae gave birth to Aavelee and Brandt.

Then she immediately went downtown to give a Confident speech for work.  (Either maternity leave doesn’t apply to stay-home jobs, or she joined too late in her pregnancy to get it.)
Shae was confident  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . and inclusive . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . and hopeful . . . .

. . . .  and even a little bit crazed . . . . . . . . .

. . . . . but still . . . .

Isaac quit his $365/hour Police Chief job and started his Painting career at $29/hour.  He had already mastered painting, and was 2 masterpieces away from completing the aspiration.
He finished Painter Extraordinaire and decided to go for Soulmate next.  He planned to complete it before his twins aged up from toddlers to children, and then maybe he and Shae could do Super Parent together.
Isaac romanced Shae everywhere she went.

Shae had already completed Soulmate, so she was working on The Curator.  Tetsu got an Alcron from the gift pile, and gave it to Shae so she’d have five items to send to the Geo Council.  She’d already gotten the 5 elements - that counted for her also when Sawyer received his.  The completed Experimental Foods Photo collection also counted for her, so all she had to do was open some seed packets she’d been saving and her Curator aspiration was complete. 
The Painters Paint club had been working steadily, while quickly improving their skills thanks to the club boost and the lot traits. 

Shae chose Fabulously Wealthy and insta-completed it thanks to all the paintings she’d sold.  Going forward, Isaac would sell the club’s paintings.

The twins both aged up with red hair like mom and brown eyes like dad.  Brandt is a little charmer and Aavelee is a wild child.  (Saving the toddler makeovers and spam for the next installment.) 

Isaac finished Soulmate, and then took on Leader of the Pack.  He talked to 5 members of the club and they all said he’s the reason for the success of Painters Paint.  He got his charisma up to 5, finishing that aspiration. 
Since he wouldn’t be able to finish Super Parent until the twins are older, Isaac considered working on fishing – they needed to fish at some different places for Sawyer to get his last 5 fish and complete Angling Ace.  But Isaac was concerned that his squeamishness would get the better of him, so he chose Bodybuilder instead.  Shae thought it would be fun to work out together, so she chose that as well.

Maybe Isaac isn’t enjoying it as much as Shae.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2018, 06:12:55 PM »
The Berra Household is doing fantastic! Shae and Isaac are speeding through those aspirations like a hot knife through butter!
(If I remember correctly, Shae would need to be in the Inspired mood herself to give an inspired speech.)

Looking forward to the kids' makeovers and toddler spam!

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2018, 08:12:15 PM »
The Berra Household is doing fantastic! Shae and Isaac are speeding through those aspirations like a hot knife through butter!
(If I remember correctly, Shae would need to be in the Inspired mood herself to give an inspired speech.)

Looking forward to the kids' makeovers and toddler spam!

Thanks @oshizu
I think you're right about the inspiring speech; her work task was specifically to give a confident speech, so she was in a confident mood.  I thought she'd get a response related to confidence rather than one related to inspiration, but I've only ever seen messages about the speech being inspiring, or not inspiring.

Thanks for reading, and I always appreciate your comments!

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2018, 09:08:54 PM »
Wow, look at em go! Love all those painters. Can't wait to see the toddler spam!

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #51 on: September 30, 2018, 04:28:06 PM »
Wow, look at em go! Love all those painters. Can't wait to see the toddler spam!

Those painters really help out with the finances early in the game. 
Thanks for reading!

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #52 on: September 30, 2018, 05:13:27 PM »

1.11  A Special Kind of Sunshine in a Smile

Toddler Spam

Wild Child Aavelee:  Hi!  I’m Abyee and I hab 2 nighties cuz I yub pwincesses and mommy yubs me so she got dem for me.

Aavelee: My mommy gabe us cheese sannich for yunch.
Charmer Brandt: It’s Gwilled Cheese Abwee, not cheese sannich.  An it’s my fabwit and I mommy’s fabwit so dat’s why.

Aavelee:  You not mommy’s fabwit but I yike hoggogs more.

Brandt:  Sometimes Nanny weads to us.
Aavelee:  She says it’s good for our maginashuns.

Brandt: But I want to pway outside.  Daddy takes me in da pool.

Aavelee:  An me too!

Brandt:  We bof wike to swide.
Aavelee:  No I don’t yike dat.

Aavelee: I yike da baws.

Brandt:  Me too!  I wike dem more!

Aavelee:  No you don’t! 
Brandt:  I do!  An my Daddy is teaching me to dance!

Aavelee:  Well, I aweady know how to dance!

Brandt: Well, mommy gibs me a baf wheneber I want!

Aavelee:  Well, I don’t need a baf cuz I don’t get dirty!
Brandt:  You wun nakee all da time!
Aavelee:  Yeah, because I yike to!

Brandt:  Well dat’s dumb.  My Chompy Monsta will chomp you!

Aavelee:  He better not because I will tell mommy and she will fwo him away!
Brandt:  No she won’t.  She will get mad if you tattle!
Aavelee:  Den I will tell Kitty!

Aavelee:  Kitty doesn’t yike you anymore!
Brandt:  I don’t care.  I wub Bear and him wubs me.  An we Sharebears, not Kitties!

Aavelee:  I’m gonna go pway wif Daddy!
Brandt:  Go head.  I hab someting better!
Aavelee:  Hmph!
Brandt:  Yeah, hmph!

Aavelee:  Daddy will you pway wif me?
Isaac:  Of course I will sweetheart.  I’m gonna get you and throw you up in the air and twirl you around!
Aavelee (Giggling):  You haffa catch me!

Brandt:  I wunner why mommy keeps dis hiding upstairs . . . it’s soooo . . . . wow!

Aavelee:  Sometimes I yike to pway by myself.  I wear my Pwincess dwess when I pway castle babies.

Aavelee:  And I pway wif bwocks and toys too.

Brandt:  Eberyting da wight touches is myyyyyyy kindom!

Brandt:  I can’t swim wif you today Misser Nomey, cuz I has on my fancy pants.

Aavelee:  I yub you Bwudda.
Brandt:  I wub you too Abwee.

Aavalee:  Byess our famiyee.  Goonight.
Brandt:  Yeah, bwess our famiwee.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #53 on: September 30, 2018, 09:20:28 PM »
Goodness gracious, those two are little tornados disguised as toddlers.
They are adorable, which is not surprising given their parents.
The constant competing and word wars cracked me up.
I'm glad they make up every night before bed.

Such an entertaining update! ;D

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #54 on: October 01, 2018, 01:24:51 PM »
Om watcher... I can't even. Those two are just too cute!  And boy, are they a handful! lol Their little competitions are just perfect hehehehe

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #55 on: October 02, 2018, 09:41:57 AM »
Awhhh they are so cute!

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2019, 03:14:04 AM »

Oh, how time flies!  My last Shae Berra update was at the end of September, in Week 3.  My last save is from early October, at Wednesday of week 5.  I do have some notes to go with the screenshots from the time in between, so I’ll do my best to get caught up with the story before I start playing again.

1.12  'Tis a lesson you should heed, Try, try, try again; If at first you don't succeed, Try, try, try again

On Friday of Week 3 Sawyer was promoted to Stem Researcher (Level 6) and Shae was promoted to Community Manager (Level 5, Public Relations branch of Social Media career).
When Isaac was promoted to Canvas Creator (Level 5 Artist), he was so excited that as soon as he got home, he changed into his Police Chief uniform and started dancing in the street.

Sawyer invited Mariko over, asked her on a date (at home) and then Tried for Baby several times; he only got a bronze on the date because MJ (the Watcher) got distracted with Aavelee and Brandt (the toddlers), but if he gets a son or another daughter from the date, he won't care about just getting a bronze.

On Sunday, Tetsu invited Fabiana over, tried for baby 4 times, then gave her a makeover. 

Shae was very sad about the death of some guy she barely knew, but Isaac knew how to cheer her up.  She wanted another baby too, and the timing was perfect.  Getting pregnant today meant the new baby would age up to toddler just after the twins aged up to child.  So he took her upstairs to try for baby.  But no baby resulted, and Shae was just too sad to even try again. 

Isaac took her outside to renew his vows with her, thinking that would cheer her up, but she was too sad even for that.  He convinced her to drink a moodlet solver so he could remind her that she is, and always will be, his one and only love.  Just before the ceremony was over, Shae got another call that yet another person she barely knew had died, and the sad moodlet returned.  Fortunately, she was happy enough from her moodlet solver and renewing her vows that she was able to overcome the sadness.

Sawyer got another work task of being eaten by a cowplant.  He wasn’t able to fulfill this the first time he got it because he didn’t yet have a mature cowplant.  This time, he got focused and ate the cake. 

And that’s how the Berra Sharebears got their first Cowplant Essence. 

Isaac caught Sawyer complaining about the absolute grossness of being covered in cowplant goo, and smirked, “Suck it up he-man, can’t be that bad!”  To which Sawyer retorted, “Oh yeah?  Let’s see you do it!”  Isaac's squeamish trait had him turning green at the thought, but he was not to be outdone by a Secondary Spouse.  “No problem, Dude! It’s just a piece of cake!”  And he went for it before he could think twice and change his mind.   

He knew immediately that this was the most disgusting thing he’d ever done, and something he would never do again.  But at least he got an Essense of Energy for his trouble.
The morning after the cowplant incident, Sawyer got this feedback: “Sawyer’s boss was happy with the work he did from home, and he made $10.”  Ten bucks.  For being swallowed by a cowplant and puked back up covered in disgusting goo.  So not worth it.  But then Sawyer had an idea, and went to find Shae.  “Hey Shae, you remember that guy from the bar?  The one that slapped you?  I have an idea.”

Shae couldn’t invite Matias over because he was in Selvadorado, so she thought she’d run over there, invite him to join Sharebears, and come right back.  But she accidentally took the whole family.  The twins were so excited they forgot they were quarelling and hugged each other. 

Shae stuck to the plan, invited Matias over, chatted him up as if the slap never happened, and invited him to join the Sharebears Club.  He tried to play it cool but was really overjoyed about being asked.

Shae promptly brought the family home and immediately started a gathering.  But Matias didn’t show up. 

When the Humor and Hijinks Festival started, Shae decided to go because she had a work task to be mischievious to 5 sims there.  When she initiated the travel, she had the option to take Matias along. She did, but it was raining, she was sad from the deaths of people she barely knew, she wasn’t amused by the random guy who showed up naked, and most of the people around her were angry. 

She’d had enough really quickly, so she took went home, taking Matias with her.  Sawyer and Matias remembered each other very well, and not at all fondly.

But Sawyer was on a mission.  He turned on the charm and in no time he had Matias eager to get a look at that cowplant Sawyer was telling him about.

Sawyer easily lured him to the recent greenhouse addition and told him, “The best part about these plants is the unbelievable cake.  It’s the best you’ve ever had, you can count on that!  But I’d appreciate you not eating these pieces.  I’m saving them for some friends that are coming over later.”

Matias didn’t notice when Sawyer locked the door.  But eventually, he realized he was locked in, and he was none too happy.  That’s when he decided to eat the cake Sawyer was saving for friends.

What a surprise it was to discover he wasn’t the one doing the eating! 

Matias thought he’d escape when Sawyer came in to gloat, but he quickly realized that Sawyer could come and go without unlocking the door.  Sawyer seemed really pleased about the whole eaten-by-a-cow-plant thing, and when Matias learned he’d helped out the Sharebears by providing Essence of Anger, that made it so much worse.

Over the next couple of days, Matias made friends with the cowplants.

He also peed himself and passed out several times, but even after two days with no food, he didn’t go for the cake.
Meanwhile, Sawyer maxed gardening, but needed to catch 5 more fish to complete Angling Ace, and he hadn’t even started Freelance Botanist yet. One of cowplants died, so Sawyer fed the other. He thought that by the time it produced another piece of cake Matias would be so hungry he'd jump on it. 

Tetsu finished the Bestselling Author Aspiration with the 20th book in his Castle series, The Titanium Castle.  He achieved the required royalties that same day, and that gave him enough satisfaction points to purchase Connections.  He then joined the writer career, knowing that he would be meeting the career writing requirements by writing the Book of Life several times.  He decided to tackle the Painter Extraordinaire aspiration next to get the point for one sim completing two creative aspirations.

With the help of mentor Darsh Savalani, Isaac maxed Fitness and completed the Bodybuilder aspiration. 

Next Isaac tackled Fabulously Wealthy.  He sold all the paintings that were ready to sell, and had just over $165k of the $200k needed to finish the aspiration.  So the painters kept painting.  Even the rainy weather didn’t stop the painters.

Still, Matias refused to take the cake. 

Isaac completed Fabulously Wealthy, and then he and Shae both quickly completed Mansion Baron.  Shae went for Painter Extraordinaire next, while Isaac opted for The Curator. Carlyle was born, but there was no picture to commemorate the event.  Everyone was on edge and going stir-crazy, unable to leave the lot for fear Matias would escape.  Finally, on Thursday evening, Sawyer put the cowplants in household inventory, and turned the greenhouse addition, where Matias was staying, into an indoor pool.  All except the one square that Matias was standing on. 

When Matias jumped into the water, Sawyer removed that one square.  At 10:30 that night, Matias was treading water right where he'd jumped in.  At 7:40 am Friday morning, Matias was still treading water in the same spot. 

The twins worked on finishing up their skilling so they’d get Top-Notch Toddler.  Sawyer and Shae worked on their work tasks.  When he was finished, Sawyer started practicing yoga.  Nanny didn’t help with Carlyle at all, no matter how much he cried.  But the twins were able to get her to read books to them, to finish their imagination skilling, and then they watched her watch TV to finish their thinking skills.

As 2:45 pm, Matias finally started showing signs of fatigue.  Finally, at 4:01pm, after four days locked in the greenhouse, Matias started going down.  Time of death, 4:32pm.  Time of phone calls to all four adults in the household to tell them of Matias’ death, 4:33pm.  And so, after waiting so impatiently for Grim to come for Matias, all the adults were now terribly sad.  But it was birthday time for the twins, so it was moodlet solvers to the rescue.

Because Shae was struggling to complete her work tasks for the day, Sawyer baked the cakes for the twins’ birthday.  Strawberry for Aavelee, Zombie cake for Brandt. Aavelee aged up with the Creative trait and the Rambunctious Scamp aspiration.

Brandt aged up with the Genius trait and the Social Butterfly aspiration. 

Aavelee went to the mirror to initiate makeovers while Brandt went to clean up the mess he made in the nursery as a toddler.  So nice of mom to save it for him.  Shae brought them into the Sharebear club, and they Rallied the Troops for the first time.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #57 on: March 11, 2019, 09:08:15 PM »

1.13  Living life is fun and we’ve just begun

After aging up on Friday evening, Aavelee and Brandt got their homework done.

Then they worked on their aspirations through the night and early morning, with the promise of a group outing on Saturday.

Saturday morning, Sawyer finally had the opportunity to go out fishing.  Everyone else was also tired of being cooped up at home, waiting for Matias to give it up, and the whole family went along.  It was cold, being the last day of fall, so they went to Oasis Springs hoping for warmth.  Isaac looked forward to gathering collectibles.  Shae and Tetsu took easels along for painting.

Sawyer was able to catch some of the fish he was missing.

Aavelee finished her Rambunctious Scamp aspiration while Brandt made friends with other kids to finish Social Butterfly.

Then Brandt got to work on Rambunctious Scamp.

And Aavelee worked on Social Butterfly.  She was really excited to meet Riley, Tetsu and Fabiana’s firstborn.  They look so much alike, even though they aren't related.  Aavelee is in the blue.

Shae helped Carlyle learn to talk, and then enjoyed some painting time.

Isaac dug up some treasures while Tetsu painted Pop Art.

Isaac had to work Saturday, but everyone else stayed at the park for the day, and then came back on Sunday.  By Monday morning, Sawyer only needed 3 more fish to complete Angling Ace.  But the water was frozen in Brindelton Bay, and he couldn’t travel or the kids would come home from school and Tetsu and Isaac would come home from work.  So he did the gardening, mastered Wellness and improved his Logic.

Aavelee and Brandt had both completed Rambunctious Scamp, Social Butterfly, and the first half of Whiz Kid.  Aavelee really loves the science table.

Brandt prefers playing Doctor.

Tetsu finished up Painter Extraordinaire (earning a point for completing two Creative aspirations) and then he started on Chief of Mischief.  He started a Mischief Makers Club, built out a Mischief clubhouse in the basement, added a private entrance to the clubhouse, and started a club gathering with several townies he knew.  He had a lot of fun sharing conspiracy theories, claiming to be a criminal mastermind, and tricking club members with his hand buzzer.

He even started a fight . . . . . . . . . . . . . . with a vampire!

Meanwhile, Carlyle learned to walk . . .

. . . and play . . .

. . . and entertain Nanny.

The entire family enjoyed Winterfest.  Decorating the tree and singing carols.

Winterfest Dinner – with six people seated at the table eating together.

And opening Gifts.

Well, almost everyone enjoyed the gifts.

The rest of the week was a big push to advance – skills, jobs, and character values for the twins.  Toddler skills were at the forefront, as Carlyle was only at level 2 in potty training and level 3 in everything else, and he’d be aging up on Saturday (New Year’s Eve).

Everyone helped Carlyle with his skilling.  Mom used flashcards for thinking and Sawyer taught him shapes.  Dad used flipping and flying to help him with movement.   

Nanny kept him fed and gave him naps in the highchair when he was tired.  And Carlyle worked on his own also – dancing, reading, and perfecting his potty skills.

Sawyer held a New Year’s Eve Party and invited his girlfriend Mariko and their two daughters, Eden and Sara.  Aavelee and Eden had some fun playing together, while Sara kept a close eye on Mommy and Daddy.

Sawyer was certainly in a festive mood.  Was it just because of New Year’s Eve, or was it having his girls close by? 

Everyone gathered around the TV for the New Year’s countdown.

Thanks to everyone’s hard work, Carlyle maxed all his toddler skills and celebrated with his cake just before the party ended.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #58 on: March 18, 2019, 10:21:40 PM »

1.14 It's all fun and it's all games

Tetsu:  I just have to clog drains at three homes to finish Chief of Mischief – and I’ve picked the perfect day for it!

Tetsu: I've chosen the homes of the wealthiest Sims.  I'm mischievous, but I'm not heartless.  I'm only messing with Sims who can afford the repairs.  And the best part is, I'm Always Welcome in any home, so the homeowners don't even try to stop me!  Mwa-ha-ha!

Pranks on Nanny were a particular favorite on Prank Day.

Brandt: Nanny!  Look at that!
Nanny: What, Brandt?  I don't see anything.
Brandt:  RAAAAWWWWRRRR!

Nanny fell for the scare tactic again with Aavalee, and then got zapped by Sawyer.

Carlyle thought it would be fun to scare Sawyer.

But Sawyer got him back with a silly slap while Shae was zapping Nanny.

Brandt:  The problem with you, Carlyle, is that you’re BREATHING!
Carlyle:  Whatever you say, whatever you do, bounces off me and sticks to you!
Brandt:  NYAH NYAH!

Carlyle:  Hey Aavelee, come here.   I need to tell you a secret.
Horn:  BWWWWAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!

Isaac:  Nanny!  Have I told you lately how much we love ya’?  And Sawyer, put ‘er there, buddy!

Nanny got into the spirit, kicking over the trash . . . . and then pretending it wasn’t her.

And Shae learned it’s more fun to give than to receive.

Overall, Prank Day was a success for everyone.  And it had the added bonus of raising everyone’s mischief skill (except Tetsu, who’d already maxed mischief) which meant they all met their New Year’s Resolution to raise a skill in the next 7 days.

Aavelee and Brandt were excited to give bowling a try.  They were in their basement and no strangers had been in the house for many hours, when Aavelee got a Tense moodlet from being Stressed with Strangers.  She was wild, not clingy, as a toddler, but was apparently going through a clingy childhood phase.  But she didn’t let that stop her from beating her brother at bowling with a really nice score – especially since it was her first game ever.

Sawyer was promoted to Botanist - Level 10 of the Gardener career.

He considered going on to the Flower Arranging career, since he’d been reading about it and had actually created a few flower arrangements. 

But the Bro in him screamed, “No way Dude!  Not flowers!  Athlete!  Go Athlete!”  So he did.

Isaac:  Hey, Sawyer.  I heard you hit Level 10 with your Botanist Career.  Congrats!

Sawyer:  Yeah, I have a new job now.   As an Athlete.
Isaac:  “That’s cool. So you’re like, what, a waterboy?  Or a mascot or something? “
Sawyer:  “No, Dude.  I skipped over those levels.  I’m starting as a . . . . Level 4.”
Isaac:  “Oh, Level 4.  And what’s level 4?  Are you a trainer?”
Sawyer:  No.  Level 4 is  . . . a . . . Dance Team Captain.”
Isaac:  Ah, Dance Team Captain.  Well, that’s  . . . ah . . . yeah . . . that’s terrific.  And, hey, the hot pink looks great on you!”

Sawyer:  It’s only temporary, Dude.  Just a step on the ladder.”
Isaac:  Hey, no, Dance Team Captain is cool.  I’m a Dance Machine myself, so you know, if you need any help.  Let me know.”
Sawyer:  Thanks, but no, I’m good.”
Isaac:  You know I hit Level 10 myself.  So, yeah, I’m ready to start my third career.”

Sawyer:  Third?  Oh, yeah, you did that cop thing.”
Isaac: Chief of Detectives actually, but yeah, “cop thing” is good.
Sawyer:  So what are you doing now Big Guy?
Isaac:  Astronaut.

Sawyer:  Astronaut?  Seriously?  You’re going to be a smuggler?”
Isaac (laughing):  No, man.  I’m going to be a Space Ranger.  Fits better with my “cop thing” don’t you think?”
Sawyer: Ah, so you’re going from  Master of the Real to Space Intern?
Isaac: No, of course not.  I skipped the first levels too.  I’ll be a Command Center Lead.  I start tomorrow.  Wish me luck!
Sawyer (muttering as Isaac leaves):  Sometimes I really hate that guy.

Shae had a work task to be mischievous with 5 sims at the Humor and Hijinks Festival, so she tricked Gunther with a Hand Buzzer, instilled Masami Watanabe with false confidence, started a preposterous rumor with Holly Alt, and shared a conspiracy theory with Ali Seddiki.

She also saw Tetsu Mori.  She remembered him from the last Humor and Hijinks Festival.  He had clothes on this time, but figuring he would be up for it, she dared him to streak.

Sawyer ran into Mariko and was very happy to see her, while Brandt grabbed a microphone and entertained the crowd.

Of course the fireworks were a big hit.

Back at home, Aavelee practiced for Drama Club.  She’s turning into quite the little Drama Queen!

And the Sharebears received two disturbing pieces of news about Tetsu. 

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2019, 12:59:25 AM »

1.15 There's something strange going on right here

Shae had a work task to get to know Sims in the Fashion District.  She had met a few when she saw someone who looked vaguely familiar.

Shae:  Oh, it’s you!  What a surprise!

MJ:  Indeed.  We need to talk.
Shae:  Really?  After all this time?  You throw me face-first into the snow, at the beginning of a Legacy, and then when I’m married and pregnant with twins, you abandon me for weeks, and now you want to talk?

MJ:  I also gave you a house.  A pretty great house.  I believe the word you used was “awesome”.

Shae:  Yes, you did give me a great house.  But where were you all those days when the babies were crying and then the toddlers were toddling and now the children are . . . . nearly teenagers?  Where have you been all this time!?

MJ:  Around.  Watching.  But honestly, Shae, you’ve been doing great.  You’ve got your legacy off to a fabulous start.  There’s been no reason for me to interfere.
Shae:  So why are you here now?
MJ:  Well, we do have a bit of a problem.  A glitch, I guess you could call it.  With your aging. 
Shae:  I knew it!  I woke up this morning with 1 day until age-up and I knew something was wrong.  How many more days do I really have?
MJ:  More days?  No, no dear.  Less days.  You should have hit 0 several days ago.
Shae:  No!  That’s not possible!

MJ:  Of course it is.  Think about it.  Isaac and Sawyer hit 0 and drank their Potions of Youth nearly 2 weeks ago.  You get some extra days because of the pregnancies, but still, you should have hit 0 last week.
Shae:  Oh, well, hmmmmm . . . . then I guess I really do hit 0 tomorrow.  So I'll drink my Potion of Youth and then I’ll have 24 days until I age up to Adult. 
MJ:  Not exactly.  You’ll need to blow out your birthday candles with 6 days remaining until Adult to fix the glitch.
Shae:  6 days!!  You have to be kidding.  I’m supposed to just throw away nearly a week of my life? 

MJ:  Nearly a week that you aren’t entitled to.  You don’t want to blow the whole Legacy over a few days that you aren’t entitled to anyway, do you?
Shae:  Hmmmmm . . . . let me think . . .
MJ:  Shae!!
Shae:  Okay, no, of course not.  But it seems harsh to make me just throw away 6 whole days.
MJ:  Well, think of it this way.  Isaac doesn’t have those 6 days.  So if you keep them, it’s 6 more days at the end of your life without him.
Shae:  Oh, when you put it that way . . . I guess you’re right.

MJ:  It’s nearly time to choose the new heir.  Have you thought about how you’re going to introduce the kids to the voters? 
Shae:  Not really, but I will.
MJ:  Well, I’m sure you’ll come up with a great idea.  I’ll be keeping an eye on you.  And I’ll be back when you’re six days from Adult.  I’ll even bring you a fabulous cake.

Shae met a few more Sims in the Fashion District and then headed home. 

Carlyle loves playing on the Pirate Ship and Nanny can usually be found with him.

Isaac upgraded the last two items to complete Nerd Brain.

And then he got a call from an old friend from his Police Detective days.  His friend suggested Isaac make some time to investigate weird happenings in the nearby community of Strangerville.  So Isaac took on the StrangerVille Mystery aspiration.

He decided to start his investigation at the 8 Bell Bar.  Immediately upon arriving, his phone started beeping with text messages from a number he didn’t recognize:

“Welcome to StrangerVille.  The only thing stranger than the people is the flora!”

“Some of the locals are acting a bit suspicious and there’s a large number of Military and Scientists in town.”

“Try asking people about StrangerVille.  They might be able to shed some light on this strange situation.”

In the bar he met Rita but she insisted she couldn’t talk about anything.  He chatted with her awhile and tried to soften her up.  It  was Talk Like A Pirate Day, so he asked her ‘ere the wind blows.  That seemed to confuse her.  Then he tried asking her about Booty, but she took that entirely the wrong way.

Just then, a local resident came into the bar exhibiting very odd behavior.

Isaac tried to talk to her, but it was no use.  She couldn’t communicate.  Suddenly she turned around and left the bar.  Isaac followed her outside and tried communicating again.  He got a sudden idea to try slapping her out of it.  It appeared to work, at least in the short-term, but there’s no telling if the improvement will last.

One of the local residents suggested he check out the Secret Lab, and another said he’d seen a lot of scientists at the library.  A third mentioned something about a curio shop. 

Isaac started with the library, since it was close by.  He thought the place was empty, but then he saw a young, bright-eyed woman dressed as he’d expect a scientist to dress, over at a computer. 

He casually walked by and greeted her with a jaunty “Ere the wind blows”.  She turned slowly, looked him square in the eye, and said, “Up.”  The she turned back to the computer. 

Not sure how to interpret that, Isaac decided to try the lab.  As he was leaving the library, he looked around and saw very colorful, strange-looking plants everywhere.

Sneaking into the lab, he took a look around.  He came across a locked door requiring a keycard, and his Detective training kicked in.  He took meticulous notes about everything he saw.

He snapped on some gloves, which he always carried (an old habit from his Detective days) and began snooping around.  He found a suspiciously blurry photo, an encrypted USB Device, a glitched hologram readout, a packet of mysterious seeds, and several hastily-scrawled notes.

He pocketed all the evidence he’d found and headed home.

Tetsu invited Fabiana over for some fun and games.  But she arrived angry and had a lot to say.

Tetsu let her get it all out, and then invited her to the sauna where the fun and games proceeded as planned.

Mariko arrived at the twins’ birthday party with some news for Sawyer, while Shae enjoyed a little two-fisted drinking on the front porch.

Aavelee aged up first, with true Drama Queen style. She added the Cheerful trait, and tried not to show too much excitement about her Chief of Mischief aspiration.

Brandt didn’t age up with quite the style of his (ever-so-slightly) older sister, but was just as pleased with his Friend of the World aspiration.  He added the Dance Machine trait.

Having survived both the freezing incident and the abduction with no long-term effects, Tetsu entertained the party guests with his splendid bar tricks.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #60 on: March 22, 2019, 12:37:11 PM »
Caught up!! OMG!! Those kids are adorable. I can't wait to see more of them.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #61 on: March 23, 2019, 07:40:10 PM »

1.16 Another One Bites The Dust

When Isaac went back to Strangerville, he took Aavelee with him.  She needed to get 2 people to dislike her, and that seemed like an easy place to do it, given that many of the sims there seemed to be paranoid.  Aya Seddiki was an easy target. 

In the bar, Isaac ran into Rita.  He chatted with her and asked her more about the lab.  She looked around to see if anyone was watching, and then slipped something into his pocket and whispered in his ear.

He thanked her quietly, winked at her, and promised to tell no one. 

Leaving Aavelee to make friends . . . or enemies . . . as the case may be, Isaac headed to the lab.
He wasn’t sure the keycard would actually work, but the door slid open easily.  What was that floating in the air inside?

As the pink and purple floaty things surrounded him, Isaac felt a little light-headed. 

Isaac pushed through the hazy feeling, entered the lab and descended to the lower floor.  There he found a hallway filled with more of the floaty things and a blue haze.

He peered into the hallway, and then entered cautiously.

But he was soon overcome with the need to get out.

When he came to, he felt really strange.

Not feeling fully in control of himself, Isaac headed back to town.  He really wanted to talk to someone about this, but he could barely keep his legs moving to walk.

He finally managed to work his way over to some sims and get himself into somewhat of a position to greet them.  They all stared, but no one seemed particularly surprised by his behavior.

And then suddenly, the weird feeling was gone.  Isaac still felt a little dazed, but he was back in control of himself.  Just then, he got another text message.

Remembering that one of the locals mentioned a curio shop, Isaac decided to check that out.

So Isaac headed back to the bar to talk to Aavelee.  It seems she was making more friends that enemies there, so he took her with him to library and helped her scout out someone to be mean to.  She seemed to do well with this scientist.

Meanwhile, Isaac found the scientist he was looking for.  Jayda seemed a little more focused today.  She’s a Dance Machine, like Isaac, so they chatted about dance moves, and that seemed to go well.  Then he asked about the spores in the lab, and she said she could make him a spore filter if she had the right information.

Just then Isaac saw Aavelee following the scientist out the door.  He reached the door just in time to hear her demanding he stop.
Aavelee:  Hey, don’t walk away from me!  I need you to dislike me and even though our relationship bar is half-filled with red, we are still just acquaintances, so we aren’t done yet!

Isaac (rushing past them):  You're doing great, honey!  I'll be right back.
He quickly went to the lab, got Jayda the Infection Profile Data she needed, and headed back to the library.  He found Aavelee alone, still out front.  She was partly doubled-over, as if in pain.

Isaac:  Honey, what’s wrong!?!
Aavelee:  Dad, hide me!  No, take me home!
Isaac:  What happened?
Aavelee (wailing):  I said every mean thing I know over and over and still he didn’t dislike me.  And then all of a sudden it was like everyone was looking at me all judgy-like and I just need to get out of here!  Please take me home!
Isaac: Ok, honey, just let me give this data to Jayda and we’ll head home.

When they got home, Brandt was donating his emotion potions and childhood drawings to charity to complete his Give Back Scout Badge.

Brandt:  Hey, Dad!  There’s something here for you!
Isaac:  Wow, Jayda’s fast!  Thanks, son!

Aavelee moped around for awhile, and then confessed her embarassing moments to her journal, which dramatically reduced the duration of her mood swing.

Tetsu checked his Geneology and found that he was still the father of just two children.  He was a little surprised, after all that fun in the sauna, so he invited Fabiana over to see if there was a baby on the way.  He was surprised to find that, not only was there no baby, but Fabiana had aged up to elder.  And she didn’t seem very happy about that.

He tried to cheer her up, but Nanny jumped in the middle on Fabiana’s behalf.
Nanny: Fabiana’s right, Tetsu!  She’s waited long enough to have her family together.  I’m sure Shae and Isaac would understand.
Tetsu:  I’m not leaving them until I’ve maxed my career.  I’m almost Level 9 – I’m sure I’ll get that promotion tomorrow.  I haven’t been to the Wishing Well yet, so I’ll use it to get to 10.  Just be patient for one more day Fabiana, and then come over tomorrow evening.  We’ll talk to Shae and Isaac, and then I’ll take you and the girls to a brand new beautiful home! 

And the next day Tetsu was promoted exactly as planned.

Fabiana came over and the four went downstairs to bowl and talk.
Tetsu:  Fabiana and I have been talking, and we really think it’s time for me to move out of here and go live with my family.  I need to get to know my girls better, and now that Fabiana’s an elder . . . well . . . anything could happen.
Shae:  Oh, Tetsu, you know we’ll miss you!  But of course you should go.  And I’m not just saying that because you’ve maxed your career and another skill and completed another aspiration, all within the last two days!

As Tetsu and Fabiana prepared to leave, Fabiana caught sight of the Observatory.  She nudged Tetsu.
Fabiana:  Tetsu, sweetie, you remember the last time we were in the observatory?
Tetsu:  Of course I do.  It was about 4 days before Madeline was born.
Fabiana:  Do you think we could . . . before we go . . . for old time’s sake . . . ?
They emerged with moodlets referencing mediocre woohoo.  But the second time was clearly not mediocre!

Especially for Fabiana!

And before Grim is even off the lot . . . the calls start rolling in.

Who IS that busybody making all those calls!

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #62 on: March 23, 2019, 07:54:08 PM »
Caught up!! OMG!! Those kids are adorable. I can't wait to see more of them.

Thank you! Some of the expressions they make are just hilarious.  I'm used to playing challenges with one or two sims where I set stuff up, speed through it, pause, set stuff up, speed through it, pause, etc.  This is so different.  I'm really having fun with it.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #63 on: March 24, 2019, 12:00:48 PM »

1.17  We're Makin' Mischief and We're Lovin' Every Minute

Aavelee couldn’t believe her good luck, rolling Chief of Mischief as her first aspiration.  She was having such fun with it.  It's such a hoot playing pranks on Nanny! The way her eyes roll is just too funny.

The Voodoo Doll was even better.

But the best part of all was clogging drains.  It wasn’t so much the drains themselves.  It was more the sims she got to meet when she went to clog the drains.
First up, Alexander Goth.  Genius, Cheerful, Bookworm (3 unique traits).  Not tops in the looks department, but Aavelee knew the power of the closet, and she thought there might be something here to work with. 

She really liked the Delgato kitchen.  And the Delgato son wasn’t bad either.  Pierce is a Self-Assured, Active (not unique), Cat Lover.

Next she came across Omari Boggs.  Childish, Kleptomaniac, Bookworm.  All unique traits.

Brandt completed all his Scouting Badges.

And then he called about a job in Fast Food.
Voice on the phone:  Well, Brandt, we’d love to have you, but aren’t you a Scout?  You can’t do both, you know. 
Brandt:  No problem.  I’m finished with Scouting – I’ve earned all the badges.  I’m ready for the responsibility of a job.
Voice on the phone:  That’s great to hear!  You start tomorrow.  Don’t be late!

Tetsu’s moving out to be with his girls really got Sawyer thinking about his family.  He barely knew Eden and Sara, and had only seen little Jorge once.  He invited Mariko over to visit.  She must have really been missing him too.  First she pulled him in the closet; then she wanted a closer look at his rocket.

Shae answers a knock at the door.

Shae:  Penny!  Hey, it’s great to see you!  But you look so sad.  Whatever is the matter?

Penny:  Oh, Shae.  I keep getting these phone calls about people dying.  It just makes me think about my life, you know? 
Shae:  Sit down here and tell me all about it.
Penny:  I’ve always been so focused on my career.  Living my fast-paced life in the city.  And now I’m nine days away from elder, and I have nothing but my fancy apartment and designer clothes.  No husband, no kids, just me, all alone.  With these constant phone calls.  This one died and that one died – thought you’d want to know.  I don’t want to know, you know?

Shae:  Penny, I do know.  Those phone calls really can drain away the energy.
Penny:  My apartment seems so empty now with no one in it but me.  I just don’t know how I can go home to it every day for the rest of my life, even if that’s not very long.  Oh, boo-hoo-hoo!
Shae:  Then don’t.  Move in here.  We have room.  Tetsu just moved out to live with his girls.  And you’re, what, a Level 8 internet personality?  That could be really helpful.

Penny:  Really, Shae?  You’d let me move in here!  And be part of your Legacy?
Shae:  Oh, so you were listening when I was talking about my Legacy?  I always thought you were ignoring me.
Penny:  Well, I guess I was a little bit jealous that I wasn’t picked to found a legacy or a dynasty or anything.  But if you really let me move in, I’ll help in any way I can! 

Penny:  Oh, and, hey, can I use that makeover closet you were always talking about?

A little while later.

Penny: And now to practice my speech and get my charisma up!

Penny had the City Native aspiration, and since that can’t be fulfilled without living in the city, she had to roll a new one.  She wasn’t quite ready to share what she rolled.  Also, she’s a Level 8 Internet Personality, but has no followers – she needs 10,000,000 to progress in her career.  She wasn’t quite ready to share that, either.

Isaac attached the spore filter from Jayda to the Hazmat suit and headed back to Strangerville.  It was time to get a look deeper in the lab.
He made his way through the blue haze to another locked door.

This is a well-organized and well-funded . . . what?  Takeover plot?  Experiment?  What is going on here?  And who is behind it?

Oh, this isn’t creepy at all!  Isaac had to see more.

Surely behind this door Isaac would learn what was going on here.  But did he really want to know?
As the door slid open, spores went flying everywhere.  Isaac peered in and saw flashes of moving color.

He entered the lab and climbed the stairs to get a better look.  Whatever it was, it was enormous.

It seemed to be trying to communicate with him.

Or did it intend to eat him?

Whatever it was, and whatever it intended, Isaac knew one thing – he couldn’t beat this alone. So he headed back to the equipment he’d used previously to see what he could find out. 

After much digging and poking around, he came across something that appeared to be a recipe for either a vaccine or a cure.  Maybe both.  In order to make it, he needed spores from those weird plants, and he had plenty of those.  But he also needed the actual fruit of the plant.  And he didn’t have any of those.  So he went outside to see if he could find some.

He peered at one of the plants, wondering aloud where he’d find the fruit.  He rubbed his hand along the stalk as he murmured to himself “where are you my lovely little glow-ball?”  Suddenly the plant poofed out a blue haze, and when it settled, bright green took its place.  Atop the plant sat a glowy fruit-ball. 

Isaac plucked the fruit, and then repeated the process with several more plants.  With several of the fruits in hand, he went back to the equipment and followed the instructions to make a few experimental vaccines.

Isaac went back to town to try out the vaccine/cure.  He immediately saw two infected locals, and tried it on both of them.  It did cause a reaction, but not what he was hoping for.

Isaac had one more vaccine, and he quickly found someone to try it on.

Isaac didn’t think it worked, because the man continued to look at him weirdly.  And then, when he fell to the ground just as the others had, Isaac was sure his “cure” was a failure.   But just then, his phone began to buzz with another text message.

Isaac really wanted to do as the message said and head back to the lab.  But if he did, he’d be late for the Birthday Party.  And since this party was for him and Sawyer, he thought he should be on time.  He knew Sawyer would be.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #64 on: March 25, 2019, 08:03:23 PM »

1.18 You Say It's Your Birthday, It's My Birthday Too Yeah

Isaac got home from Strangerville just in time for the party.  It was a small party, mostly just family, and it started with cake.  Isaac’s candles glowed atop a Hamburger cake made by his Fry-Cook son, Brandt.

Meanwhile, Sawyer was out greeting Mariko, and his soon-to-be son or daughter.

Brandt called him in to blow out his candles.
Sawyer:  A zombie cake?  Did you make this, Brandt?
Brandt: I sure did.  I remember my first cake – a zombie cake - that you made for me because Mom was trying to get her job tasks done.  You know, it meant a lot that you made time to bake those cakes for us. 
Sawyer:  It means a lot to me too.

Carlyle introduced himself to Sara Murakami – Sawyer’s daughter.  They immediately became friends, which completed Carlyle’s Social Butterfly aspiration – the last of the child aspirations for him.

Brandt tried not to be obvious about eyeing Eden, Sawyer’s oldest daughter.

Sawyer was really pleased to get time with his kids.

Birthday boys play some chess.

Aavelee met Shingo Yamaguchi at the birthday party, although it’s unclear who invited hiim.  He’s jealous, clumsy, and family-oriented.  She asked about his career and he laughed and then said he’s a hungry artist at 1000 Words Art Gallery.  So, overall, the traits aren’t great and the career has already been done.

Nanny overheard the conversation and came out to tell Aavelee that it was really late and she should be going in.  Then she turned to Shingo.
Nanny:  Son, its four o’clock in the morning and the party’s over.  You’re an adult and she’s a teen.  You’d best be running on home now.

The next morning . . .

Shae:  Hi honey.  What are you doing?
Carlyle:  I’m just looking at these postcards.  Have you really been to these places?
Shae:  No, these are from my penpals.  I found them online and asked them to send me postcards of their towns and cities, and they did.

Carlyle:  Doesn’t that make you want to go there?
Shae:  It kinda' does, but these places are in another simverse.  We can send letters and postcards back and forth, but we can’t really go there.
Carlyle:  But why not?  I mean, we have a rocket in the backyard, Tetsu was abducted by aliens, and there’s a family down the street with a cloning machine.  Is it really so impossible that there could be inter-simverse travel?

Shae:  Well, I don’t know about that.  But I do know something else.  I know it’s time for you to come blow out some Birthday candles.  We’re having the party this morning so your Dad and I can be here since we both have work today.

Carlyle was already Cheerful, now he’s also Creative with the Friend of the World aspiration.   And the family earned another Gold Medal.

With Carlyle a teen now, Shae and Isaac had to face the question of what to do about Nanny.  With all the adults in the house, they hadn’t really needed a Nanny once the twins became teens.  But she was like one of the family, and Carlyle was especially close to her.  They had a long talk about it, and then Isaac spoke with Nanny.

Isaac: Nanny, can we talk?
Nanny: Sure Isaac, what’s on your mind?

Isaac:  You know, now that Carlyle has aged up to teen, there really isn’t any Nanny work left here.
Nanny:  Oh, I knew this was coming!  You take care of the kids, give your heart to a family, and then the kids grow up and don’t need you any more!  I’ll just get my things together and go.

Isaac:  No, no Nanny.  You misunderstand.  True, the kids don’t need a Nanny anymore.  But that doesn’t mean we want you to go.  You are like family to us.  We want you to stay.  Move in.  Be a Sharebear.
Nanny:  Really, Isaac?!?  You wouldn’t tease an ol’ Nanny would you?

Isaac:  Of course not!
Nanny:  Shae!  Isaac says you want me to move in.
Shae:  That’s right, Nanny.  I know the Nanny Service won’t keep you here with kids grown to teens.  But none of us want you to leave.
Nanny:  Oh, you Sharebears are just the best family ever!
Isaac:  Nanny, this door leads to the room Tetsu built for his mischief club.  It was always locked to everyone but him.  It’s yours now.  Any time you want to get away, watch some news, or a cooking show, or some comedy, this room will be here, just for you!

Shae:  Nanny, now that you’re a Sharebear, I see that your aspiration is City Native.  That one can’t be done by a Sharebear, so you’ll need a new one. 

Nanny pulls out a tablet and taps on it, then laughs a good hearty laugh.

Shae:  What is it Nanny?
Nanny (grinning):  Serial Romantic.

Later, in the Mischief Room

Nanny:  Wow, my own entertainment room.  I think I will watch a little Comedy Channel.  That sounds like just the thing.

Nanny:  Hee hee hee – this is really funny.

Nanny:  Hee hee, oh, hoo hoo, ha ha ha, oooooooo . . . laughing . . . too . . . much . . . can’t . . . stop . . . hahahahahahahaha . . . . eeeeeeeeee . . . .

And then . . .

Grim . . .

. . . . took . . .

. . . . Nanny.

Oddly, not a single phone rang.  No one called to tell the family of Nanny Saya’s passing. 

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #65 on: March 30, 2019, 04:57:08 PM »

1.19 The Stars Have Aligned And The Future is Shining So Bright

Penny had a work assignment to give a speech uptown.  While she poured her heart into an energetic speech to all the empty seats, Shae visited with Vlad and Caleb. 

When she finished her speech, Penny introduced herself to Caleb with an enthusiastic hip bump.

Caleb:  Wow - In all my years, and I have had many, no one has ever introduced themselves to me that way.  You wanna’ hang out?
Penny:  Absolutely! We can go back to my place  . . . I mean, our place . . . where I live . . . .with Shae and the Sharebears.

Caleb:  Sharebears . . . that sounds familiar . . . do I know you?
Shae (remembering):  We haven’t exactly met.  But I do recall seeing you shortly after I arrived.  I believe you were breaking into this gym right here . . . which is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. 

Caleb:  Oh, yeah, that . . . I’d rather forget about that if you don’t mind.

Back at Shae Chateau

Caleb:  Nice House.
Penny:  Thanks.  I haven’t been here long, but so far I like it.  Can I get you anything? A refreshment maybe?

Caleb:  Well, there is one thing . . . (Caleb whispers in Penny's ear.

Penny:  Of course, Caleb. 

Penny:  Oh, Caleb!  That is so . . . intense!

Caleb:  I must say, you do taste lovely.  Simply lovely.  Now . . . is there anything I can do for you?

Penny:  Well there is one thing . . . it's about my aspiration . . . Penny whispers in Caleb's ear.

Caleb:  Not what I was expecting . . . but certainly not an unwelcome thought.  You just let me know when you’re ready.

Tuesday was Spooky Day, and the Sharebears planned a Spooky Party for that night.  It wasn’t a goaled event, so possibly someone made a mistake with the scheduling.
Shae was as excited about Spooky Day as the kids.  She was rocking out, in costume, all throughout the day.

The guests began arriving and joined in the dancing.

Aavelee and Isaac got a start on the pumpkin carving.

Later Isaac went downstairs to find Brandt mourning Nanny, and convinced him to come up and carve a pumpkin.

Nanny came out to join the party with a hug for Aavelee.  She gave a big hug to Carlyle while Eden strikes a flirty pose as Brandt goes by.

Sawyer, Isaac and Brandt got together and moved the sofa and table to Family Inventory and threw down a cardboard dance floor. 

The pumpkins kept watch over the backyard as the party continued late into the night.

The Sharebears were all so busy with the party, they didn’t notice anyone out at the cowplants.  But the next morning, Brandt went out and found that all three needed milking.  The first one held Supriya’s Essence of Playfulness.  The second was Eden’s Essence of Flirtation.  Third was Tetsu’s Essence of Happiness.

Brandt:  Hmmmmm . . . so Eden was feeling flirty last night.  I should have been paying more attention.

Mariko called Sawyer to tell him about his new baby boy, Demarcus.  Sawyer asked her to come over.  He had something important to talk with her about.

Sawyer:  Mariko I know you’re aware that this Legacy I’m involved in is really important to me.  But do you know that you and Eden and Sara and Jorge and Demarcus are much more important to me than the Legacy?

Mariko:  Sawyer, are you saying what I think you’re saying?
Sawyer:  I’m saying it’s going to be our time soon.  Our time to be together as a family.

Mariko:  You know Sawyer, after what happened with Tetsu and Fabiana, I’ve been worried for us.
Sawyer:  I know, me too.  But you are much younger than Fabiana – still a Young Adult.
Mariko:  Yes, I’m not sure how that has happened, exactly, but Shae told me something about babies keeping you young . . . or maybe it was pregnancies . . . I don’t know, something like that.
Sawyer:  All I know is that you are as young and beautiful as the day I met you, and I could not love you more.

Mariko:  Oh, Sawyer, you’re really coming to live with us?
Sawyer:  Not just live with you.  I want it official.  Mariko Murikami, love of my life and mother of my children, will you marry me?

Mariko:  Sawyer Bailey, my one true love and father of my precious babies, yes, I will marry you.

Mariko:  Have you told Shae and Isaac?
Sawyer:  No.  I had to make sure your answer was yes first, didn’t I?  Where would I be if I moved out and you said no?
Mariko (laughing):  Sawyer Bailey, you are so full of it.  I have never, ever said no to you, and we have four children to prove it.
Sawyer:  You leave Shae and Isaac to me.  Believe me, they’ll be happy for us.  How about you start looking for a place for a Sunday wedding?
Mariko:  Sunday!  That’s four days from now!  How will I find a place and get everything ready in just four days?
Sawyer:  Do you want to wait longer?
Mariko:  No, no, goodness no!  I’ve waited long enough.  I’ll find a beautiful place.  A perfect place.
Sawyer:  I know you will, my love.  I know you will.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #66 on: April 07, 2019, 11:55:34 AM »

1.20 This Is My Fight Song . . . Take Back My Life Song

Isaac knew he needed to get back to Strangerville and create those vaccines.  Even if it meant taking a day off work.  With Harvestfest on Thursday and the twins aging up on Saturday Isaac wanted to get this Strangerville Mystery solved as quickly as possible. Knowing that both twins will age up with more than 3 Character Traits, Isaac wanted to be at the right level of Super Parent to take advantage of that.

So he headed back to the lab and created more vaccines. 

He’d seen a lot of infected locals around the bar, so he headed there next.  He needed to cure some of these sims, and then recruit them to help him fight the Mother Plant.
The first infected local he saw was Leslie Holland.  He administered the vaccine and waited anxiously to see what happened.

It worked!  It took a minute, but it worked.  Leslie was cured.  And she immediately agreed to help fight the Mother Plant.

Giovanna Carney was coming toward him, with that jerky, bizarre walk of the infected.  Isaac pulled out another vaccine.

Giovanna also wanted to help rid Strangerville of the Mother Plant.

Isaac was still talking to Giovanna when he saw Ted Roswell lurching along. He ran over and threw the cure in Ted’s face.  Ted was cured just like the others, and like the others, wanted to help in the fight.

So the four of them headed back to the lab.  The Mother Plant watched them closely as they entered.

Isaac climbed the stairs while Ted, Giovanna and Leslie got into position around the plant. They immediately started spraying the plant with the vaccine Isaac had made.

With Leslie and Giovanna fighting from the sides, and Ted behind the plant, Isaac stopped spraying long enough to throw a vaccine directly at the Mother Plant.  It exploded as it hit for maximum damage.

The Mother Plant screamed and thrashed about, and the team knew they were winning. 

But the fight was far from over.  The Mother Plant’s screams called her minions into battle.  One of them engaged Ted in hand-to-hand combat.