Author Topic: Welcome to ... (my unofficial RDC) Updated 31 Jan 21  (Read 22009 times)

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
Re: Welcome to ... (my unofficial RDC) Updated 18 Jan 19
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2019, 07:36:08 AM »
Buffy Week 2

Well it's been a busy week in the Slayer house. With the help of her Watcher, Buffy has maxed fitness and therefore the Body Builder aspiration.
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

She managed 2 career promotions to reach level 5(Senior Detective) and is part way to level 6.
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Marcus decided to test her slaying skills and took her to a nightclub to search for vampires
Buffy: There's one
Marcus: How can you tell?
Buffy: Oh, please! Look at his jacket ... and the shirt! Deal with that outfit for a moment.
Marcus: It's dated?
Buffy: It's carbon dated. Trust me, only someone living underground for ten years would think that was still the look.

So with more success than her first slaying experience with Giles, Buffy removes the vamp from Caleb.
Paolo was more than happy to engage Rania in conversation while Buffy made a cure, and Hakim just happened to walk by at the right/wrong time.  If anyone knows what Buffy is using to hit Hakim with, please let me know.

Thanks to Jade finally managing to paint a half decent portrait, Buffy has everything finished except her career and it's time to turn our attention to Dawn.

Even as a toddler, she thought deep thoughts,
But she played a lot too
and with some help from the rest of the household with the potty skill she soon maxed her toddler skills
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Her birthday fell on Midsummers Night (appropriate for the Summers family)
Which meant she could work on her motor skills to the flickering light of the bonfire while the adults enjoyed a barbecue and some dancing.
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
Marcus was careful to make sure the bonfire was safely out at the end of the day

She spent some quality time with her dad on the roller skating rink.  They had fun with the synchronised falling over.

Eventually she finished her aspiration and had her teen birthday
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
From the side I think she got her fathers chin

Now she was old enough, Buffy sat her down and explained the Slayer thing to her.  It was a lot to take in and Dawn made good use of her journal to sort out her feelings before starting work on her Scouting badges and Leader of the Pack aspiration. (She joined the Paragons and took control of the Slayers club.)

So at the end of week 2, Buffy is half way through her career with everything else done.  Dawn is a Unicorn scout and at level 3 in her aspiration. She has 3 good friends as well as being good friends with Buffy.

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
Re: Welcome to ... (my unofficial RDC) Updated 18 Jan 19
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2019, 07:38:59 AM »
House photos
I promised pics of the slayers house but I hit the picture limit for the first time ever!

Ground Floor – Main living space with a garden in the middle.

1st floor – Slayers museum waiting to be filled

Roof up

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
Re: Welcome to ... (my unofficial RDC) Updated 20 Jan 19
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2019, 10:26:28 AM »
Spike Week 3 – Hardly anything about Spike

Spike had a quiet week, he enjoyed New Skill day, Talk like a Pirate day and the Harvest.
He bonded with his bees,
he maxed Gardening and bought loads of rare seed packets which thankfully gave him a Death Flower to plant,
and he gained a promotion
that's it.

Saul has had a much busier time.
He got his A grade and joined the Barista career.
He programmed to level 9,
he played games to level 7 and he went through phases.

More importantly, he made enemies with Dawn
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
and Jonathon.

Unluckily for Eva, angry teen vamps can't control the urge to drink.

Saul has also planted some Dragon Fruit, he plans to use the produce as his museum collection.

Caleb quite likes being Sim again.
He can still nap in a coffin but he can also enjoy the gourmet food he cooks for his Food Critic career.  Unfortunately he now has to provide food for the whole house, although none of them find him especially tasty.

The house has grown to accomodate everything, and Lillith has managed some masterpieces to put in the museum.

They mostly live in the basement,

With skilling and club stuff on the ground floor.

It's turned into a busy warehouse complex.

So at the end of week 3 Spike has everything except a full grown and flowering Death Flower and 2 more promotions. Saul needs 1 more level of programming, 3 more levels of video gaming, to max his teen career and to sort his museum items.

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
Re: Welcome to ... (my unofficial RDC) Updated 26 Jan 19
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2019, 11:09:30 AM »
Aaliyah Week 3

This week it was Mckinley's turn to update home-world on the progress they had made.  She was happy to report the many advances they had achieved.

Ariadne started the week by moving on to the next life stage.  Her smooth transition set her up for a very productive week

She worked hard on all the child specific qualifications that were recognised by home-world, and by the end of the week she had completed the Whiz Kid, Social Butterfly and Artistic Prodigy certificates. These would allow her entry into any of the scientific, communications or creative careers on offer.  She still plans to acquire the Rambunctious Scamp certificate to allow entry into the physical careers such as law enforcement.

While she was working for the Social Butterfly certificate, she visited the Summers home.  Jonathan accompanied her.  While Ari spent some quality time with Buffy,

Jonathan discovered that Dawn was a strange hybrid creature, one that closely resembled the terrifying monsters from his home-world's past.  Fear became anger, and he told her exactly what he thought of her.
Her ability to fly confirmed her species
and he declared his undying hatred and determination to extinguish her kind from the planet.

Jonathan continued his research into the cultures and customs of the planet by examining the Selvadoradan culture.  Mckinley accompanied  him on the first trip but he made another on his own and plans several more.
 He is now over half way through the Jungle Explorer qualification, but he didn't neglect his studies of the culture close to his home base and continued to go to 'school' where his hard work resulted in the 'A-grade' reward and 2 achievement trophies.

He has ambitious plans to transplant the plants from Sixam to the local soils to see how it affects their growth, so he made a couple of trips through the wormhole.  His last trip resulted in the collection of glow fruit seeds, but he nearly got stranded there, making it home at 5.58am on the last Sunday morning.

In preparation for the plant experiments he started studying the local gardening techniques and books on the flowers of this planet.
He even made an arrangement of the flowers which he sold to help finance the trips to Selvadorada.

Somehow he found time to pose for photographs of his true and disguised forms so that his father could document them properly.  The completed masterpieces now hang in the archive.

Aaliyah continued to work hard at her career and spent a lot of time at home working with the invention constructor, trying to find ways to integrate the local technology with that of her home-world.

Mckinley also worked hard at her career, which was recognised by her superiors and rewarded with a promotion.
She continued to increase her understanding of the primitive local computers until she was able to exploit them in many interesting ways.

The Autumn Equinox occurred in the middle of the week and the family celebrated it as best they could with the resources available to them.  It seemed the planet was celebrating with them as it provided deafening sonic booms and earth-shaking electricity charges.

At the end of Week 3 Aaliyah needs 3 promotions, while Jonathan has his A-grade and enemies in place, is part way through his aspiration and unique skills, and has 2 of his 3 good friends. He hasn't started on his collection yet.

Notes:  The Equinox holiday was held on a day of 'mysterious' weather which included a thunderstorm, even though I had turned thunderstorms and blizzards off in the seasons settings.

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
Re: Welcome to ... (my unofficial RDC) Updated 8 Feb 19
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2019, 08:40:08 AM »
Buffy Week 3

The week started well for Dawn, she worked on her charisma and finally completed her aspiration to be Leader of the Pack.

However she just couldn't shake the memories of the fights she had been in with Saul and Jonathan.  Saul was just a nasty vampire, but she felt that Jonathan's reaction to her had been extreme and she didn't like making someone feel so bad.  She wrote it all down in her journal (of course).
then spoke to Mum.  Buffy reminded her of her Dad's choice and Dawn leapt at the chance.

No longer a vampire, Dawn found she had new energy to devote to the other things she wanted to do.  (Because a Book of Life doesn't fill vampire energy or thirst). She maxed out her handiness skill and along the way produced 7 high value ornaments.

She became a top rank 'Lamacorn' Scout.  (And discovered that you could take out the same bit of rubbish over and over).

She had fun with Dad in Granite Falls
She got her A grade at school despite a mood swing
And she logged it all in her journal.

The other major event of the week was the Winter Feast.  Buffy and Paolo were fortunate enough to get the same day off and had plenty of fun in the snow. 
Then the house was decorated
Presents were opened
and a Grand Meal was enjoyed.
Later that day Father Winter visited, and Eva got very friendly with him
until 'puff', he was gone.

Alongside all the fun, work was done.  Buffy got 2 promotions and is now a level 7 Lieutenant

While Eva and Paolo are both at level 9 of their respective careers.

Watchers Note:
While panning round the house, I spotted this touching scene.  Caleb and his Significant Other (forgotten her name) snuck away for a romantic break.  This definitely influenced some of the events in the Vampire Week 4.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2019, 01:43:54 PM »
Just getting caught back up with this story.  I still can't choose a favorite.  It looks like Spike might have the advantage in his career right now, but that could change. 

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2019, 08:10:14 AM »
@BallerinaHippo Thank you for commenting, and yes, the vampires are doing very well at the moment.

Spike Week 4/Saul Week 1

The vampires had a very good week.  It seems the Wishing Well quite likes the bad boys.

This allowed Spike to max his career before the end of the week

and Saul got his last promotion as a Barista.

He aged up to young adult while still working on his skills and collection and so started his adult job, and duly gained his 1st promotion.

He took lots of holidays to max his skills

and finally decided on his museum collection.

Despite Spike's objections, Saul took over leadership of the family club and left home on Thursday night.

Finally in his own home, Saul's first task was to find the mother of his heir.  He filled the club with all the female vamps in town and started a gathering.  The best match was Ulrike Faust, who has good traits and some levels of painting skill.

A bit of fun in a coffin

and confetti!

Saul was very happy to get the news

Overjoyed to be having a baby, Ulrike managed 2 promotions before the week ended.

Remember that sweet moment between Caleb and his significant other outside the slayers house, well I decided that as they loved each other so much I'd move her in (still can't remember her name) along with their child.  I built a small apartment for them in the other warehouse and Caleb got to enjoy family life.  He also complete his aspiration and gained another promotion.
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

So at the end of Week 4, Gen 2 has moved out, started his family, garden, aspiration and career.  The vampires are looking good.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
Re: Welcome to ... (my unofficial RDC) Updated 23 April 19
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2019, 07:45:25 AM »
Aaliyah Week 4

A very bitty report this week, our watcher got distracted playing another game (Lord of the Rings online) and didn't take enough photo's.  Thankfully none of us were required to report in with Home-world so we are not in trouble there.

However, there was progress on all fronts.  I gained another promotion leaving me with just 2 more before I reach the top of my career.

I also aged up to the life-stage this planet calls 'Adult'.  Despite being older I do not feel much different than before and still have plenty of energy.  There are no foreseeable obstacles to stop me completing all my tasks before the end of next week.

My First Lieutenant, Mckinley, reached the top of her career and as it coincided with a local celebration called 'Night on the Town', we went out to celebrate.  Mckinley's mate refused to disguise himself but thankfully none of the staff or other diners seemed bothered.  Jonathan was able to become good friends with Ariadne during the meal.  I'm hoping she will be a good mate for him.

Jonathan worked steadily at his tasks.  He gained a promotion in his part-time career

He continued to work on his garden and planted the last of his test flora in the museum pots.

Local rumours and hints found in the gardening and flower books led him to investigate an artefact called 'The Wishing Well'.  His research paid off and it promoted him to the top of his career.  I may investigate this strange item myself if I get the time.

At the end of my 4th week on the planet I need 2 more promotions in my career.  Jonathan needs 2 more levels of gardening and 3 of flower arranging, and 2 more visits to the temple to complete his investigations of the Selvadoradian culture.

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
Re: Welcome to ... (my unofficial RDC) Updated 16 May 19
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2019, 08:33:43 AM »
Buffy Week 4/ Dawn Week 1

It has been a very busy week in the Slayer household.  There has been an abduction, many birthdays, an engagement, a house move, a pregnancy, several promotions and some skill gains.

1st up was Marcus's elder birthday, he was not impressed by the back ache but didn't let it stop him from exercising at every opportunity

While that was happening, Dawn was working on her last unique skill.  She picked DJ Mixing and joined the Spin Masters club.  It gave her 2 benefits, she maxed the skill in under 2 days and she met Joaquin Le Chein.

With 2 unique skill maxed, Dawn was ready for her young adult birthday. Soon after that it was Eva's turn.

The next day Dawn started her new job and got her first promotion.

Promotions and birthdays came thick and fast after this. Buffy used the well and it gave her an instant promotion.

Ariadne was invited round by Buffy and encouraged to age up.  She was more than happy to comply and gained the Dog Lover trait.

Then Jade aged up to adult

Buffy went back to the well and it gave her a guaranteed promotion at the end of her next shift.  In fact it did it twice.  Now the founder's household contains 2 Chiefs of Police.

While this was going on, Dawn and Joaquin were working on their relationship. It grew so much they felt ready to get engaged.

Then they hit a snag.
2 weeks previously, Mckinley Eddy had reported to her home-world the discovery of monsters long thought extinct. This prompted her government to investigate and so they abducted the creature in question.  The scientists on the mission where very happy to discover that Dawn was not the same species that terrified and nearly exterminated their ancestors millennia ago and that it was a misunderstanding.  Dawn was very happy to be returned home unharmed.

Having survived her abduction unscathed, and with everything else in place, Dawn turned her back on her parents home and moved into a place of her own on Friday of Buffy's 4th week in town.

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2019, 08:38:05 AM »
Buffy Week 4/ Dawn Week 1 (continued)

Knowing that she couldn't take over the mantle of 'The Slayer' all by herself, Dawn quickly moved in her fiancée Joaquin and her good friend Siobhan.  Then she employed a builder to make them somewhere to live.  The resulting house was small and cosy but contained everything they needed.

Soon after moving in, Dawn became pregnant, and she took every opportunity to eat strawberries and listen to pop music, encouraged by Buffy.

Thankfully she was still able to exercise for her daily task and the whole household went to the gym with the senior scoobies so that they could work on their fitness

She chose to follow her dad into the Professional Athlete career when she got her next promotion.  Her parents came round to celebrate with cake.

At the end of week 4, Dawn has moved out, got pregnant, reached level 5 (Minor Leaguer) in her career, planted her slayer's garden and completed 2 tiers of the Fitness aspiration.

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2019, 10:52:10 AM »
Saul Week 2

Life is good if you are a bad vampire.  You get to turn the Slayer's husband for one

as well as some random strangers, the bloke is called Tarsus Kost.

Tarsus gets invited to join The Family and brings a very unusual housemate with him.

Thankfully Sans can sleep in a coffin, because there are no beds in the house.

Meanwhile your son, born during a non-played week, get to age up to toddler and be given a decent name.  Meet Jacob Marsters.

While The Family is working hard to get Jacob through his toddler skills, you get a promotion, as does your wife

The hard work pays off, and Jacob maxes his toddler skills.
What can I say, he's a wild toddler (shrug).

After aging to child
he starts work on his aspiration by making Max Villaeal his BFF
and kills 2 birds with one stone by becoming good friends with Spike (2nd adult friend, good friends with founder)

You keep working hard and soon get a 2nd promotion, as well as finishing all the requirements for the Vampire Family aspiration.

To celebrate, you take your son fishing and catch a Dragon fruit

Nobody in The Family is allowed to slack, and Tarsus and Sans keep working on their freelance careers while your darling wife gets another promotion.

You end the week as a level 6 DigiThief, with all plants except death flower, and nearly a Grand Master Vampire.  Your heir ends the week ready to age to a teen.  Yes, life is good when you are a bad vampire.

Watchers Note:  I just love the random sights that Sims 4 can give you.  Here's one for you viewing pleasure:

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
Re: Welcome to ... (my unofficial RDC) Updated 30 June 19
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2019, 11:33:49 AM »
Turning the slayer's husband-- that's awesome.  Of course she'll cure him, but it's the thought that counts.   ;)

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
Re: Welcome to ... (my unofficial RDC) Updated 30 June 19
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2019, 05:37:54 PM »
Aaliyah Week 5/Jonathan Week 1

The natives of this planet have a saying about struggling through a sticky food substance, “wading through treacle” I believe it is.  Certainly this interesting metaphor aptly describes my last week at home.

It took until Thursday before my Mother, Captain Aaliyah, reached the top of her career. This despite consulting the strange entity known as 'The Wishing Well'.

It took me even longer to learn all I could about gardening and flower arranging, to the point where I had reached the life-stage that this planet considers fully mature before I finished my research.

My last trip to Selvadorada, while successful in terms of collecting the treasure I needed, left me infected by a strange poison.  Luckily my knowledge of the culture was sufficient for me to self-diagnose the condition and I was able to procure the anti-dote before I came home again.

Father was called on to report to home-world at the very beginning of the week.
He returned acting strangely and in his debrief described how they had chosen him for an unusual experiment.
 The result of this experiment was revealed 3 days later when Apollo was born (although we had all deduced the likely outcome long before then). 
While this experiment did prove the hypothesis of childbirth keeping you young to be correct, he still aged up to his final life-stage before I graduated to my own ship.

To keep him company through the experiment, and to maintain crew numbers, 1st Lieutenant Mckinley and her mate decided to generate another progeny. This successfully resulted in the birth of Augustus.

Thankfully, by Friday I had proved that my knowledge and experience were sufficient, and I was granted my own plot of land and Captaincy of my own ship.

My first decision as Captain was to invite Ariadne over. She felt ready to move up to the next life-stage and as a captain can promote anyone, I inducted her into Young Adulthood.  She joined the crew and we sat to discuss our mission objectives.

We concluded that it would be a more effective use of time to start the next generation before conducting the formal ceremonies that would see us joined as mates as well as crew members. 

So at the end of Captain Aaliyah's 5th week on this planet, all her tasks are complete and I, Jonathan Oakes, have assumed my own command. My ship is built and partly upgraded (I'm still working on the Landing Computer), my mate is pregnant with our first offspring, and I have regained the control over bladder and hygiene that come naturally to our species when we live on Home-world.  Hopefully the 'treacle' days are over.

Watchers note: I've been hit with the 'no UI in screenshots' bug :(.  I hope they fix it soon.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: Welcome to ... (my unofficial RDC) Updated 1 August 19
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2019, 04:34:35 PM »
Despite my antipathy for vampires and all things connected with them, Buffy was a huge drawer.  (I know, how can you hate vampires and love Buffy?)  So I started reading and was caught up and binge read the whole thing.  Wow!  Great story and way to pull in so many of my favorite sims.  Buffy is, of course, awesome.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
Re: Welcome to ... (my unofficial RDC) Updated 1 August 19
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2019, 05:30:35 PM »
Hi @Joria, thanks for reading.

A super short update this time and sorry it's taken so long to get it uploaded.  Enjoy.

Dawn Week 2

There were a few 1sts and 2nds this week.

Things like Joaquin's 1st meal as a vampire

Siobhan being the 2nd person to get pregnant. Clubmate Hachiro Maki is the dad.  It helps to make up for him being Joaquin's main meal.

Dawn completing her 2nd aspiration, Body Builder.
And curing her 1st vampire.  It doesn't count as a Slayer kill though as Joaquin was a very willing volunteer to test the 1st batch of Cure Vampire potion.

Faith having her 1st birthday, ageing up to a cute toddler.
Maxing her 1st skill – imagination, and her 2nd – movement, as well as Potty training.
Then having her 2nd birthday
A quick change of clothes and she is ready to start her 1st aspiration – Artistic Prodigy.  I think the whole household was glad when she stopped playing the violin.
Soon it is time for her 3rd birthday, her 1st job – Scout and her 2nd aspiration – Friend of the World.  She also got her 1st tattoo, and after some thought, changed her name to honour the Slayer who was her namesake. She added a 2nd surname to become Faith Lehane-Summers.

While Faith was working hard on her 1st, 2nd (and 3rd) sets of tasks, there were several promotions.  Dawn got to Professional Athlete level 7, Siobhan got to Business level 5 and Joaquin got to Musician Level 5. The promotion pictures are less interesting when there is no UI to show what they have just achieved.

In the mist of the Wedding preparations, Nicholas Fyres aged up to toddler and was just old enough to see Dawn and Joaquin tie the knot.

So 1 week after moving house, Dawn has reached level 7 in her career, finished her aspiration, raised her daughter to teen, got married and learned all there is to know about Vampire Lore.  Faith has become good friends with Buffy, completed half her aspiration and become a level 2 (Griffon) Scout.

anything