Author Topic: The Aley Legacy: Chapter Forty-Eight - Party Girl vs Study Girl  (Read 46092 times)

loveSims

Re: The Aley Legacy
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2012, 07:45:19 AM »
The picture are beautiful. Kelly is adorable.

Offline Kaye

• Kooky, Cutie, KIRBY!!!!
  • Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2012, 07:10:14 PM »
Thank you very much!

Can someone help me out? I want to create a list for the chapters, but I only know how to make links like this:

http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,10155.msg200976.html#msg200976

What is the HTML to make the titles into links, so I can list them? Thanks in advance!
The outside is quiet, but the inside is on full blast.

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel
Cherry Blossom Daycare Center

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline warr2098

• Future Neurologist
  • Immortal
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2012, 02:36:24 AM »
I would tell you but by typing it it becomes an url... I'll try anyway

It is "["u"r"l"="(the url - such as www.carls-sims-3-guide.com)"/"]"(Name)"["u"r"l"]

Sorry that it's not clear it's the best I can do! Just remove the speech marks

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2012, 05:40:01 AM »
What is the HTML to make the titles into links, so I can list them? Thanks in advance!

Here it is in simple form
Text

Just replace the word link with the page URL and the word text with the title.

edit.. lol, well that was embarrassing.
Try this one
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline warr2098

• Future Neurologist
  • Immortal
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2012, 10:39:22 AM »
Here it is in simple form
Text

Just replace the word link with the page URL and the word text with the title.

edit.. lol, well that was embarrassing.
Try this one

I know, it's so hard to explain it, but luckily you got a picture  ;)

Offline Kaye

• Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2012, 09:39:32 PM »
Chapter 6: Mommy's Little Hunter, Daddy's Little Girl

Myn has become quite the hunter. He caught a rainbow beetle, an extraordinarily rare beetle worth $1,461! He also caught a mini python snake and an agama lizard, both of which I decided to keep. But our house was not big enough for these pets, so George and I did a little renovating and made a room for Myn, Chipper and the new pets, Gummy (the lizard) and Pyro (the snake).

We also made Kelly's room bigger and more toddler-appropriate.

Which reminds me. Remember how I said George was considering quitting his job after I return to work? He did! On the final day of my maternity leave, George called the station to say he was leaving. I think he might rejoin the police force after Kelly becomes school-age, but I don't know for sure.

Since Kelly loved being outside, George tried to keep her outdoors while I was at work. I would often join them at the playground when I got off work. The playground is where I taught her to walk and where Myn caught the rainbow beetle.

Since George now stayed at home, he got a lot of time with Kelly and taught her to talk and use the potty.

But, of course, I still got plenty of time to share with Kelly.

I really love this picture.

George told me Kelly plays a lot with that doll we received for her when she was born. He doesn't like it either. Something about that doll is just creepy, but he lets her have it since she loves it so much. I guess he's right. Creepy or not, it is just a doll. Why not let her have it?

George also took Kelly to the library on occasion and called to tell me to meet them there. Kelly loved the library almost as much as she loved the park. I don't think it was long before George and I had read every toddler book to her on the shelf. Maybe she'll grow up to be a bookworm!

My career has also been going great. I think I've been advancing pretty quickly. Right now, I am a high school teacher and I have a much nicer-looking uniform. Now, I look like a professional.

So let me sum this up: I have an amazing husband who loves me, a beautiful daughter who's growing fast, a cat who's become a great hunter, three cute pets (well, maybe "cute" isn't the word for a lizard or a snake) and I'm moving up the career ladder while still having plenty of time for my family.

Sometimes, I think about my mother. I wonder what she's doing in Sunset Valley. I haven't heard from her since I moved out. I wonder what she'd say about me now and what she would think of George and Kelly. George knows of my past and he tells me not to dwell on thoughts like those because I'll make myself depressed. He's right. The past is over. I have a wonderful family, my life is great and I couldn't be happier.

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel

Offline warr2098

• Future Neurologist
  • Immortal
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2012, 04:50:08 AM »
Great update! I always think those dolls are creepy too.  :P

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Kaye

• Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2012, 01:02:02 PM »
I rarely even bother with making them real anymore.

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel

Offline Kaye

• Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2012, 12:36:08 AM »
Chapter 7: A Birthday and More Pets

Myn just keeps catching more and more pets. I expanded the pet room to make more space, but I think, as much I love these little critters, I'm going to have to let some of them go. Or, at least, stop keeping every one Myn brings home.

Myn caught another snake, a bird and another lizard (which I didn't put in a terrarium yet). I swear, as soon as he brings home a turtle, that's it! I won't keep any more!

"Gee, honey. Are you sure about that?"

"George!"

"I just think you're becoming a little---"

"I am not!"

"---obsessive about---"

"I am NOT!!"

"---the creatures Myn brings home."

"I. AM. NOT!!!"

"Denial is not just a river in Egypt, but whatever you say."

Now, putting that argument aside, I can give you some nicer news. George decided he's going to rejoin the law enforcement career after Kelly becomes school-age. He won't have to start at the bottom of the ladder, but he'll rejoin as a traffic cop. I know he'll quickly get back into the special agent branch, though.

I was promoted from a high school teacher to a department head! It's a lot more work on my shoulders, but I wouldn't ask for different. My uniform is nothing like the previous, but just as professional-looking.

Now that I've got all that out of the way, I can finally tell you the best news. Today is Kelly's birthday! Since becoming a child means she's going to be old enough to interact with people on her own now, George and I tried to have a little birthday party for her. I don't think it worked out so well, but Kelly was cheerful and gurgling the whole time, so I guess she had fun.

But before I show you the party, let me show you one last baby picture.

So nice to finally see her playing with her teddy bear. Much cuter than that creepy doll.

Now, onto the party.

After the candles come sparkles...

And there's my big girl!

Kelly became a vegetarian. That's fine with me, but I wonder where she got that from.

"Hesper, Mommy."

"Who?"

"Hesper. He's a valetarian."

"It's vegetarian, sweetheart, and who's Hesper?"

"Never mind."

We changed Kelly's room into something more suited for a child. She has a dress-up chest and we bought her a different toybox. I'm kind of glad she's too big to crawl inside now. That's a picture of a kitten hanging over her bed.

We also got her a spring rider and a hopscotch board for when she wants to play outside.

After the birthday party ended, George went to visit his father, Bennie. George talked to him frequently, but he hadn't visited him in a while.

Strangely enough, his dad had become a vampire. He was heartbroken over the death of a woman that had just died, which was a little odd because he never told George he was in a relationship.

George didn't return until some time after midnight and while he was gone, someone else aged up: Myn.

Myn is now an Elder cat, though I don't think he's changed much beyond aging.

Kelly took to her new room immediately. The first thing she got into was the costume chest and dressed up as a pink dinosaur.

She played as a dinosaur until she got tired and it was time for bed. She took off the costume before I could hug her good night as a dinosaur, but I got her before she changed into her pajamas.

Sleep tight, Kelly.

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2012, 06:16:39 AM »
Aww, Kelly looks wonderful! Her formal is adorable. ;D Great update!!

Offline Kaye

• Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2012, 11:25:08 PM »
Chapter 8: Mourning, Sleepover and Celebration

Let me get the bad news out of the way first. Chipper, my beloved womrat and the first critter Myn caught for me, died this week. As much as I love all these critters, I didn't think I'd be upset when one of them died, yet discovering Chipper still and not breathing was more upsetting than I thought.

Myn took notice as well. I'm not sure if he cared much for Chipper or not, but after he realized Chipper was gone...

...he immediately went and caught me a new pet. A squirrel I named Nutsy.

By the way, did you notice a new pet in the background? Myn caught a turtle! He caught it last night. It was a pygmy tortoise and I just called it Piggy. Weird name for a turtle, I know, but it's better than Slowpoke. Or maybe not. Hmm.

Now, like I said before, no more pets. Myn caught the turtle, so no more. I'm finally done with my little collection. Yep. No more critters for me!

"Those who are in denial try hardest to resist the truth."

"George, that doesn't even make any sense."

"All I know is if this house becomes a zoo, Kelly and I are moving into a tent in the yard."

"Kelly's outdoorsy. She would love that."

Anyway, now that the bad news is out of the way, I can tell you what else has happened. I'm almost at the top of my career in education! I am now a principal!

Shortly after I was promoted, I got a visit from one of my former students. He came to thank me for my guidance and helping him succeed in school. He was one of my more difficult pupils, so I feel very flattered to hear that all my patience had paid off.

Kelly joined scouting at school. I was a little surprised. As much as she likes fancy dresses and tea parties with her bear and doll, I thought she would've chosen ballet. Then again, she does enjoy the outdoors, so I guess it makes sense she would choose scouts over ballet dancing.

One day, she decided to show me how fast she could tie a knot. Less than five seconds is pretty impressive.

Kelly also made a new friend at school, Meaghan Weiss. She talked on the phone with Meaghan every night, sometimes until her bedtime. I assumed Meaghan was another scout, but Kelly said she was in ballet. They met when she mistakenly ended up in Kelly's scout group.

From the sounds of their conversations, however, Meaghan was about as outdoorsy as Kelly is. There was one night I heard them talking about some lake. Well, I only heard Kelly, but it seemed like an interesting conversation, so I couldn't help listening.

"So do you think there's really a loch-sim monster in that lake?" Kelly was saying.

"Yeah, but that's silly. Why would the monster come out just to scare people? Wouldn't it try to eat them?"

"I'm vegetarian too, but I would eat meat if I was starving. So shouldn't it still eat the people?"

"Uses the people to fertilize the ground for plants? How would it do that?"

"That's disgusting!"

I stopped listening after that, but I couldn't help wondering just what on Earth she's learning in scouting. A loch-sim monster? Really?

She got off the phone a little earlier than usual that night, so she went outside to play a little before bed. George was out there at the chess table to watch her, so I didn't mind.

Before she went to bed just an hour later, she asked me for permission to invite Meaghan for a sleepover tomorrow night. I said sure and she raced off to bed with a thank you. I then went out and asked George if he asked him for permission first. He had told her yes as well, but told her to ask me also.

Meaghan came over the next night at six o'clock.

I was happy to meet Meaghan the next night. She was a nice girl, but stayed close to Kelly the whole night until it was time for bed. When she was in the bathroom, Kelly told me Meaghan is usually talkative and social, so I guess she just felt awkward in someone else's house.

Meaghan fell asleep about ten minutes before Kelly did. She slept near Kelly's bed while Kelly slept in the bed. They slept like babies.

Meaghan left at 6:00 the next morning. I thought she would've stayed until the bus came, but she insisted (when Kelly asked) that she really had to get home.

Kelly had a scouting ceremony that same day after school, where she was awarded a trophy. George and I were so proud of her for that! And guess what was the next day?

Yep! It was Kelly's birthday! By the way, do you see the girl behind Hannah Jones (the lady next to me who's clapping)? That's Kelly's friend Meaghan. Apparently, it was her birthday yesterday and she was in a rush to leave because her family celebrated aging up in private.

Sparkly...

This picture is a little creepy...

And Kelly is now a teenager!

Kelly gained a green thumb, so George and I are certain she wants to be a gardener, though she hasn't mentioned it yet. If she ever asks us if she can have a garden, it'll be no problem, but she'll have to use the front yard. There's too little space in the back.

Kelly did express one wish rather quickly, however. She wants to learn how to drive. Ohhh, boy!

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel

Offline Kaye

• Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2012, 11:36:36 PM »
Just some pics I took, but didn't use.

Studying the charisma skill

Got a fourth beetle, a trilobite beetle named Trip

Kelly about to have a tea party with her IF doll, Hesper

Kelly playing with her dollhouse

Kelly pretending to be an astronaut

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel

Offline Kaye

• Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2012, 03:14:17 AM »
Chapter 9: Ambition, Additions and Arguments

We did a little rearranging on Kelly's room. We put her toys in inventory instead of selling them. You'll see why.

It didn't take long for Kelly to bring up gardening with one of us. She didn't say she wanted a garden, however. She asked if she could have some gardening books because she wanted to study it first. In fact, she wanted to max out the skill before her next birthday. We already had the books, but I would think studying was the last thing on her mind when she just became a teenager.

After that, I tended to the pets while George was outside, playing chess, I think. Looks like gardening and studying wasn't the only thing on Kelly's mind. Look at that devious smirk on her face!

We didn't catch her, but she caught us!

George thought it was funny. Of course, he only got wet! Water dries, but my hair was dyed purple! That doesn't come out so easily!

George talked me into letting it go because it was Kelly's birthday. I said today was fine, but not next time. At least, Kelly took out the garbage. I didn't even know it needed to be taken out.

The next day, George gave Kelly a driving lesson while I headed off to the spa.

George caught up with me at the spa. I had to get to the school to give a lecture, so I didn't have much time to talk. I asked where Kelly was and how the driving lesson went.

"Great!" George beamed. "She's already got her certificate."

"In one afternoon?" I asked him. "That's fantastic!"

"She went looking for a job," he told me. "I came to ask you if you'd sign her up for the study club since you're going to the school."

"Wait, she wants a part-time job
and to take part in an afterschool club? The clubs end at four. How will she work?"

"There's a job at the mausoleum," George explained. "It starts at six and ends at nine. That's where she's headed."

"WHAT?!?" I think my shriek could be heard within a five-mile radius. "George, you told her it was okay?!"

"I didn't think it'd be a big deal! Why are you upset? Nine isn't that late!"

"It's not the hours. It's where she's at. I don't want Kelly working in the graveyard! Not at night!"

"Chanté, will you calm down before you burst an artery?" he said casually. "I wouldn't let Kelly do something dangerous. If I thought Kelly could be in danger, I wouldn't dare allow her to do it. She'll be safe. I promise. Now, why don't I drive you to the school?"

"Okay."

And that was that. Really, though, you'd think Kelly gained the ambitious trait instead of a green thumb. Work, study club and maxing the garden skill before she ages up again? She's putting a lot of pressure on herself.

Remember when I said we put Kelly's toys in inventory instead of selling them? Here's why:

Yes, I'm pregnant again! I recently got a fertility treatment, so I was excited! George was too. Kelly wasn't interested, but she asked if the baby would be sleeping in her room. I told her we were planning to build a small nursery, but she'd already assumed the baby would share her room, so she said if we changed our minds, we wouldn't be bothering her. Wow. That was unexpected.

Though, I don't think Kelly will be able to study her gardening with a baby in her room.

The next day, Kelly's first day of school, I learned there's supposed to be a prom held at the school in a few days. That didn't interest her either. I'm starting to get worried. Of course, I'm happy Kelly is so ambitious, but I want her to enjoy her adolescence. She can't get it back. I asked her about it when she came home from school.

"Mom, I
am enjoying my adolescence. But proms are stupid."

"No, they aren't, Kelly. Lots of teens enjoy prom and dancing the night away."

"Mom, I don't even have a boyfriend or a date and I'm not going to find one by prom night. Why would I go?"

"There's no shame in going alone. You can still have fun."

"Mom, I hate dancing. That's why I took up scouting instead of ballet."

"I thought you took scouting because you're outdoorsy."

"That too."

There's no sense in arguing with her, so I leave her alone with her book. She didn't say anything wrong, but I still feel annoyed. I already feel like I have a stranger in my house. Sheesh. Where'd my little dress-wearing, tea party-hosting girl go?

"She blew out like the fire on the birthday candle!"

"Oh, read your book!"

She hasn't even been a teenager for a week and she's working my nerves.

"I heard that!"

"READ YOUR BOOK!"

George came inside to say something. Apparently, he heard us. "Kelly, knock it off. Chanté, ignore her."

I wasn't about to yell at anyone, so I laid down on the couch for a nap. Whether it was Kelly's mouth or the pregnancy hormones, I was tired. Mad too, to be honest, but tired.

Why does it seem like I look bigger in the pictures than I really think I am?

Kelly left for work while I was napping. When she got back, George was cleaning up the bathroom and I was working out, something I normally wouldn't do while I'm pregnant.

Yes, that's her in the background. That's her work uniform. She's doing her homework. She didn't say anything to me when she came in. I offered to help her with her homework, but she insisted she could do it herself. I guess she's still mad. I don't know what's worse: pregnancy hormones or teen hormones. Either way, she can give me the silent treatment. That doesn't bother me.

By the time Kelly finished her homework, I finished my work out and was sitting on the couch to watch television. I tried one more time with Kelly.

"You wanna talk?"

She didn't even look at me, but she did stop in the doorway and gave me a cold, but odd response.

"Mom, go to the hospital."

"Fine. Forget it. Go in your room."

"No, really. Go to the hospital."

"Kelly, look, if you're just going to cop an attitude, go in your room."

She turns around now. "No, I mean you need to go to hospital right now unless you want to have a home birth."

George came out the bathroom when he heard her say this. I guess he was as confused as I was. "No, I don't want a home birth this time. What does that have to do with anything? I thought you weren't interested in the baby."

"I'm not. I'm saying go to the hospital because you're about to go into labor."

"Kelly, how could you possibly know when---AHH!"

She was right! I don't know how, but she was, though I didn't have time to figure it out. I jumped in the truck and drove myself to the hospital.

"Good thing I have my police cruiser," George said to Kelly once I'd raced off. "But how did you know she was about to go into labor?"

Kelly shrugged. "I didn't, Dad, but it is the third day, so I was expecting her to go into labor tonight."

"But you said she was about to go into labor."

"That was just a wild, lucky guess," Kelly explained. "I was actually saying go to the hospital because she looked ready to collapse. I'm not that mad at her. Anyway, shouldn't you go meet her?"

"Don't you want to come?"

"Uh, I don't really want that kind of image in my head. But, uh...don't let them fill Mom up with too many pain meds, okay? I'm going to sleep."

George finally met me at the hospital. I gave birth to twin boys, which would've surprised me if I hadn't gotten fertility treatment. But that's what I'd been aiming for.

This is Skylar. He's clumsy and artistic.

And this is Aaron. He's athletic and a light sleeper.

Woo, I'm tired and a little achy! See you next time!

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel

Offline Kaye

• Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2012, 08:55:12 PM »
Chapter 10: Kelly's Turn

Hey, it's me, Kelly! You know, the daughter of the woman who's been telling this whole story up until now? Look at me!

Okay, okay. I'm kidding. I'm not childish like that. But I am glad to be writing this chapter. Mom offered Dad a chance, but he said no. Until he changes his mind, if he ever does, I'm the storyteller now!

You already know a few things about me, besides that I'm pretty. Like how I want to max out gardening before I become a young adult (already at level 7) and how I didn't want to go to the prom. No offense to all the prom-lovers out there, but I just don't see the point. Plus, I can't dance. I'd look like a fish out of water.

At the end of the last chapter, Mom revealed my new twin baby brothers, Skylar and Aaron. They're cute and all, but babies aren't that interesting. I'm way too big for baby stuff now. I'm kind of glad my parents didn't take me up on my offer of letting the babies stay in my room, especially since Mom had two instead of one. Here's what they did instead:

They moved all the terraniums and the cage to an upstairs room they had built. By the way, am I the only one who agrees with Dad and thinks Mom is obsessed with these critters? She's got seven of them! On the bright side, that room is just big enough to hold them all, so she shouldn't collect anymore.

Anyway, Mom and Dad moved the cage and terraniums upstairs...

And turned the old pet room into the nursery. But Myn still stays there. Probably because he would eat Ruby (the bird).

Mom did a little update on herself too. I guess she got tired of those pigtails and that butterfly shirt. Or she realized it was
so wrong of a woman her age to be wearing that kind of stuff. Either way, here's her new look.

I know you can't see it, but her hair is now tied into a ponytail with a ribbon. What you can see is that she kept her purple jeans, but they don't really ruin her look. At least, she's making it obvious where I get my own good looks from.

I think I see why Mom let me handle the story from now on. My brothers are keeping her and Dad busy!

Seriously. It's like every couple of hours, the twins need something. Skylar has to be fed, then Aaron has to be changed, Aaron has to be fed, then Skylar has to be changed. And they're going to become toddlers soon. Oh, dear! Mom and Dad will never sleep!

Thankfully, I get to go to school, so I don't have to listen to them cry. Besides, I like to be proof that a girl can be pretty
and smart. My school's lucky to have such a pretty girl walking their halls.

That bus driver, though. She could really use some fashion tips. I get that she's in the adult stage, but she can look better than that! I mean, look at my mom! She's not dressing like a teenager anymore, but she still manages to make herself look gorgeous!

School's not really so bad. I mean, the work is a huge pain in the neck, but I do it just to get it out of the way and I get to see Meaghan everyday. In case you don't know, Meaghan is my best friend. She's super smart and the only girl in school as pretty as me. She doesn't know it, though. She doesn't dress in anything very flattering. I don't say anything to her about it. I really want to, but for all I know, she could come from a really conservative family and it is not cool to disrespect your best friend or her family. That's just wrong on so many levels.

While I was at school and Mom and the twins were napping, Dad, who didn't have to work today, went out to this new casino. How do I know this? Because I found this picture:

And the only way he could've gotten away with that is if Mom was sleeping and Mom could only be sleeping if the twins were sleeping. Mom hates gambling, so I hope this is only a one-time thing for Dad. Those machines do look enticing, however, so I don't blame Dad.

Since I didn't have to work and I didn't have study club, I did my homework on my tablet.

By the way, I think everybody should have one of these. They're pure awesome! They have tabcasts, which teach you skills, so I can listen to a gardening tabcast and read a gardening skill book at the same time. I'll learn twice as fast! The tabcasts do get kind of long, but you can multi-task with other things, like cooking, to learn two skills at once. Mine was a birthday gift and I love it!

After my homework was done, Dad talked to me a bit. If you're wondering, he made it home before Mom woke up and he didn't win anything. Oh, well. Anyway, Dad just wanted to chat.

First, he told me how proud he was of my ambition with gardening.

Then, he brought up the prom thing again. I was so annoyed! It was just a dumb prom! Why was everybody so hooked up on it? But he kept saying he thinks I should go, date or no date, because - as he put it - don't know what could happen that night and it could be "magical" (teens don't do fairytales, Dad). I finally gave in and agreed to go, if just to shut them up.

But there was no way I was going alone, so I called up Meaghan and asked her to meet me uptown.

We chatted for a little while. She told me about some new food she'd gotten into.

Then, I told her about the prom. Lucky me. She didn't have a date and she was thrilled at the idea of going with her best friend. I reminded her I can't dance, but she assured me it would be no problem. She was just enthusiastic about the prom and happy she didn't have to go alone.

Is everybody into this prom thing but me?

Best friends never leave without a goodbye hug.

Back home, Mom and Dad put my brothers in their swings for some time. I get that babies are exciting for them and all, but this is ridiculous. Let the babies enjoy their swings and go do adult things!

There. See? They're fine by themselves.

When I got back home, it was a bit late, but I wanted to study some gardening before I went to bed. I got to level 8!

That's my driving certificate. Driving is just awesome, not to mention driving my dad's truck!

I went to sleep, but I was woken up by my brothers. I waited for Mom or Dad to quiet them, but they kept crying. I guess my parents finally wore out. The prom was tomorrow. If I was going to go, I needed sleep and two crying babies are the enemy of that!

I finally decided I'm just going to have to make them be quiet tonight.

Skylar looked at me like I was Mom. I didn't interact at with my brothers until now, but Skylar looked at me like he knew who I was. He stopped crying as soon as I touched him. Weird. Aaron did too.

Then, Skylar smiled when I laid him in his crib. I turned my head to look at Aaron, who I thought was going to cry again. Skylar made some cute sounds as I stood up. Aaron did the same when I put him in his crib. Smile and cute sounds at me, like I was Mom.

Well...maybe they're not that boring. Definitely cute. I'd admit that.

The next day, after school, I didn't go home. Instead, I stayed at the school and did my homework right there at one of the tables.

No, I am still not excited about going to this prom. I'm only happy I'm going with Meaghan. I'm cheerful in this picture because I just made a prank call. I wonder how long Hannah Jones will wait for her "free pizza". Poor sap.

6:00 came. I called Meaghan to tell her I was already there. I went inside to wait. I talked to some of the other kids. They asked me where my date was. I said I was just waiting for Meaghan. No more questions after, but I couldn't wait for this prom to over with.

Or maybe not.

Okay, I confess. It was an awesome night! The music, the dancing, the food. Best of all, and out of nowhere, Meaghan asked to go steady with me! Going steady with my best friend seemed crazy, but what the heck? I said yes and got my first kiss that night. We danced like party animals!

Fine. My parents were right. Happy? But I will
not tell them that.

That night, I went to sleep and dreamt I'd been voted prom queen. Of course, I felt like a queen regardless.

The next morning, I was so happy and giddy that for whatever reason, I slid down the stairs.

And I called over Meaghan. She rushed right over, about as giddy as I was.

"Did you like the prom?" she asked me.

"Loved it."

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel

Offline Miriam

• Llama Wrangler
  • my icon is Nolan Summers, he's grown up now tho :)
Re: The Aley Legacy: Chapter Ten - Kelly's Turn
« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2012, 09:40:32 PM »
Love the new chapter! I can't wait till the next update. :)

anything