Author Topic: The Aley Legacy: Chapter Forty-Eight - Party Girl vs Study Girl  (Read 46081 times)

Offline Kaye

• Kooky, Cutie, KIRBY!!!!
  • Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
Re: The Aley Legacy: Chapter Twenty-Five - Chanté, Founder of Our Legacy
« Reply #90 on: December 02, 2012, 09:46:18 PM »
Chapter 25: Chanté, Founder of Our Legacy

Hi there, everyone. I'm Serenity! Oh, you already know who I am. An amazing, stunningly gorgeous, brilliant horseriding champion!

Okay, okay! I'm kidding! I'm not self-absorbed like that. I'm just trying to be a little humorous. We're all a little down and it's not fun.

You know my grandmother, Chanté. Well, sadly, Grandma passed away last night. She was 99 years old. Dad was home when Grandma went from being a solid human to a pale, translucent ghost.

Mom and I weren't together, but we came home at the same time and saw Dad moving the grave outside.

Dad didn't even have to say anything. Mom knew as soon as she saw it and was instantly in tears. I didn't understand yet, so I went and read the headstone plaque.

Mom is a wreck. She's inconsolable and won't leave the house. She doesn't want to talk to me, Dad, Uncle Skylar or Uncle Aaron or Meaghan. That's also why I'm the narrator. I wasn't supposed to start telling the story yet, but Mom's not in the mood for anything and Dad is trying to make sure she'll be alright. Mom doesn't even want any pictures of her in this chapter.

Me? I'm very sad too, but I haven't cried. I don't know why. I love and miss Grandma terribly. It's not like when Grandpa died and I was too little to understand. I'm not stone-hearted. I haven't felt any urge to start crying is all. Maybe having to narrate is what's keeping me from crying. I don't know.

There is one little thing that makes me smile: the thought that Grandma and Grandpa can now be together for eternity.

I wanted to share some photos. There aren't many of Grandma and me, but that's okay. I just want this chapter to be full of her.

These pictures are of Mom and Grandma when Mom was a little girl.

One of Grandma and then Grandma and Grandpa together.

The outside is quiet, but the inside is on full blast.

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel
Cherry Blossom Daycare Center

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #91 on: December 03, 2012, 12:27:33 AM »
R.I.P Chanté! She was a great founder. I will certainly miss seeing her in your story.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
  • Call me Sadie :)
« Reply #92 on: December 03, 2012, 04:29:18 PM »
RIP Chanté. It's hard to believe that it was her time to go, I still remember her being the young founder. [I grow very attached sims, even if they aren't my own.]

Offline Kaye

• Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
Re: The Aley Legacy: Chapter Twenty-Six - Serene Days
« Reply #93 on: December 22, 2012, 08:00:07 PM »
Chapter 26: Serene Days

It's been a few days since Grandma passed away. Mom was really having a hard time, so Dad and I suggested she stay with Meaghan for a little while. She agreed and so did Meaghan after we asked. Dad and I promised we'd take care of her garden, but I'm not sure she cared much.

Mom hasn't come back yet, but Aunt Meaghan says she's doing alright. In the meantime, Dad's been working, as workaholics do, and was promoted to Division Manager. I've been training Raven at the
Pump It Up Pony Training Grounds.

Raven is doing really well with racing, but jumping is another story. She refuses. She'll run to the obstacle, but stop right before she would need to jump. I'm not sure what the problem is, but I've decided to start training her at the Equestrian Regional Training Grounds instead. Maybe Pump It Up Pony is too small.

Since I train so much with Raven, I tend to save my homework for last. Dad would prefer I do it first, but he doesn't say anything because I have an A in school. I don't see the big deal anyway. As long as I get it done, right?

Oh, did I mention I have a boyfriend?

Elbert is my childhood friend. He came to a slumber party I had. Don't worry. He's the only boyfriend I have, despite what that picture Mom posted of me and the guys may make you think. Those guys apparently had never seen a cowgirl before. Then again, we do live in Riverview.

When the boys aren't bothering me, my homework is done and I'm not training Raven, I'm studying the logic or riding books. Training is fun and all, but sometimes, I've just got to relax.

For some reason, it recently occurred to me that my room was never redone. Meaning I still have my kiddie toys in there, like that dress-up chest and rocking horse. But I'm not in there much, so what would be the point?

I asked Dad about it. He told me that he and Mom were going to let me move into their bedroom when I got married
(when?!?!), they would take Grandma's old room and I could use my bedroom for my own children (what children?!?!). They were going to ask me first, so I wouldn't have come home to find all my stuff moved. Personally, if Grandma's room becomes anything, I'd rather it be a study. I'm not a bookworm, but we could put the chess table there so we could still play when the weather is bad. But we'll worry about that when the time comes.

Dad gave me some driving lessons. I preferred waiting until the sun came out, but Dad said it was going to rain all week.

He turned out to be wrong because the sun came out while I was driving. No complaints, though! At least, I got my license!

I was right about the
Pump It Up Pony Training Grounds being too small. The first day we started training at the Equestrian Regional Training Grounds, Raven got into developing her jumping skill. Before we know it, she's going to be ready for her first competition!

I take back what I said. Dad was right! It rained all week and on prom night, it poured! But I didn't want to miss prom for anything, so I sucked it up and went.

Elbert met me in the hall and it was an amazing night! I got voted prom queen and Elbert and I got closer than ever and were voted cutest couple at the dance! I'm still in shock!

I wonder if Dad thinks I'll marry Elbert. He said "when", not "if", so it sounds like he and Mom expect me to get married. I like the thought, but not the expectation. And kids? I think I'll be content just living with Raven for most of my life. Hmm. I wonder if Mom felt something like that and that's why I don't have any siblings. Did they compromise?

Oh, what in the world? I don't want to know that!

But I really do have special feelings for Elbert. I don't know if I'll marry him, but right now, I don't want to be with anybody else. He's the only boy at school who doesn't gawk at me when I walk by.

We had a date one evening at the gazebo, where we slow danced to my favorite music, classical.

He stepped on my foot by accident, but I didn't mind and we dance until an hour before curfew. All we did was slow dance, but he still said the date was wonderful.

Mom finally came back home. She seemed to be much better than when she left. Dad and I told her what's been happening recently: Dad's promotions, me being voted prom queen, getting my license, Raven training hard and taking good care of her garden. Not as good as her probably, but we did our best. She didn't care. She was just happy we were well.

Mom did get back to her gardening and in a few days, not only was garden back to how it was before, but there were these big, white trees in it. Neither Dad nor I had seen these kinds of trees before. Mom already had some strange plants - like a death flower bush - but these white trees were just odd.

Mom laughed when we asked her about them and described them that way. She told us they're money trees and she's been trying to grow them for some time now. Money tree seeds are very hard to find, it seems. They also require good care because if she neglects them, they'll explode into bills we have to pay. Scary, but I kind of want to see a tree explode.

Oh! Mom also changed her lifetime wish. Instead of having
the perfect garden, she now wanted to become a creature-robot cross breeder...and did so in about a week. I can never figure out which Mom loves more: gardening or science. Maybe it's equal.

Elbert and I had another date, this time at the fall festival. We competed against each in bobbing for apples.

He won, but we both got tickets. We took a greeting card photo together and watched the stars near the photo tent. Again, it was a simple date, but wonderful. Elbert had to go home because he was getting cold, but it was getting near curfew anyway.

Next time we come, I'm going to get a pumpkin and go in the haunted house. Speaking of haunted, Spooky Day is coming! What will be my costume?

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #94 on: December 22, 2012, 08:11:35 PM »
So Elbert is Serenity's 'friend' in the greeting card you posted. Great update. Happy for you getting money trees. I remember how excited I was when I first got them.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Kaye

• Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
« Reply #95 on: December 22, 2012, 10:49:08 PM »
I actually put a little hint in the caption under that card. ;)

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
« Reply #96 on: December 29, 2012, 12:14:21 AM »
Great update, Kaye!
Serenity looks so cool in her hat, I know she's had it a while, but that was the thought that came into my head when I  saw her  :P

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Kaye

• Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
Re: The Aley Legacy: Chapter Twenty-Seven - Trick or Treat, Smell My Sweets!
« Reply #97 on: December 30, 2012, 02:20:59 PM »
Chapter 27: Trick or Treat, Smell My Sweets!

I guess Mom finally got tired of her teenage wardrobe. She changed her little top, skirt and platforms to something more fitting. She still did look pretty in her teen clothes, but I think this looks tons better on her.

Since Spooky Day is just two days away, Dad and I gathered some pumpkins from the fall festival to carve and put on our lawn.

Dad had to read some book for work, so Mom and I carved the pumpkins together.

I called Elbert and asked him what his costume was going to be. He wasn't sure yet, but he wanted to go trick-or-treating together. I was already keen on that idea. Mom and Dad were having a costume party that night and I didn't want to stick around. No, it's not a "my parents are lame" thing. It's a "huge parties give me a headache" thing.

Amidst all the preparation for Spooky Day, I still found time to train Raven. I registered as a horsewoman at City Hall and Raven and I entered our first competition and won!

We finally got all the pumpkins carved and decorated the front of our house.

Dad and I gave Mom the pumpkin seeds for her garden, so she could grow pumpkins. You know, I hate to think about it, but I wonder who's going to take care of Mom's garden when she can't anymore. Even if I learned to garden, I wouldn't learn in enough time to keep Mom's garden from dying off.

Mom tells me not to worry about it, but her garden is so beautiful. I'd hate to see it die.

I finally selected my costume! I'm going to be a cheerleader for Spooky Day.

I know. Totally not like me, but that's the point of dressing up, isn't it? I look so weird without my hat!

Because of the rainy week we had, Elbert got a little under the weather, so he couldn't come trick-or-treating with me. I didn't get a lot of candy anyway, but some is better none!

After trick-or-treating ended, I went home and went to bed! I would've eaten up my candy, but Dad would've given me a lecture about all the wrappers being unfriendly toward the environment or something. Remember, he's eco-friendly.

With Spooky Day over, winter will be coming shortly. That means igloos, ice skating, snowmen, snowboarding and, my favorite, snow angels! And Mom and Dad might buy an espresso machine so we can have hot chocolate! Yum!

Speaking of Mom and Dad, I think something's going on between them. I know it's not my business, but I really wish I knew what they were thinking.

One day, my curiosity got the better of me and I eavesdropped on one of their conversations.

"I'm worried about Serenity," I heard Mom saying. "She's almost an adult."

"So were you when your brothers were born," Dad said.

"Yes, but I was a silly teenager who thought she was going to be on top of the world. Serenity's more mature than I was. I'd feel bad if she was forced to help out."

I tried to guess what they might be talking about. Help out with what? What about me almost being an adult? I listened more.

"I once told Serenity about what we planned to do with the rooms," Dad said. "We could do it now. She takes our room, we take your mom's old room and Serenity's room becomes the nursery."

"But what if Serenity has her own children?" Mom asked. "Where will they sleep? I don't want to upgrade this house every time the household gets bigger."

"Serenity's room is big enough," Dad assured her. "Then again, I guess it wouldn't be fair to move Serenity from a big room to a smaller one."

"So let's do this," Mom told him. "Serenity keeps her room and she can do whatever she wants with it when she gets ready. We take Mom's old bedroom  and our bedroom becomes the nursery since it's slightly bigger than Mom's. If Serenity has any kids, they can share with her sibling."

They agreed on that and I left so they didn't spot me.

So that's it. They want another kid. I guess that's why Mom asked me if I was lonely before. Personally, I like being an only child, but I wouldn't mind having a little brother or sister. Or another horse, for that matter. Hehe.

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
« Reply #98 on: December 30, 2012, 02:54:18 PM »
Serenity looked so different in her costume!
Are there purple highlights in her hair? Or was it just the lighting?

Offline Kaye

• Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
« Reply #99 on: December 30, 2012, 03:10:50 PM »
Blue highlights. Serenity has blue highlights in her hair.

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel

Offline Kaye

• Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
Re: The Aley Legacy: Chapter 28-Renovations and a Birthday and Siblings! Oh, my!
« Reply #100 on: December 31, 2012, 01:01:38 PM »
Chapter 28: Renovations and a Birthday and Siblings! Oh, my!

I don't think Mom is pregnant yet, but she and Dad already rearranged the rooms. They took Grandma's old bedroom for themselves and decorated it like their room was.

They turned their bedroom into a nursery. It's really pretty too. My sibling is going to be lucky.

The only weird thing is they added two cribs and two swings instead of one of each. I guess they want twins, but shouldn't they wait until Mom's actually pregnant before they assume that?

They asked me if I wanted to redecorate my room. I figured why not. It needed to be redecorated anyway.

I did a lot to my room. I got new furniture, new wallpaper, new flooring, even new lights! My new room didn't look anything like my old one. I almost couldn't believe it was mine.

While they were at it, Mom and Dad upgraded the bathroom too. Well, sort of. They added a...what's it called? I think it's a powder room. So we don't have to make ourselves look nice next to the toilet anymore.

And they moved the chess table into the office. Now, we can play chess all year round instead of only when it's sunny.

Oh! I forgot to mention last chapter that Dad became a CEO. That's his lifetime wish! I wonder if he'll still be a workaholic now. Mom's also gotten to the top of her career. She's now a mad scientist.

Something special happened to me too. My birthday!

I had a small birthday party with just family. Mom, Dad, Uncle Aaron, Uncle Skylar, Aunt Laura and Meaghan.

Ooh, these are probably my favorite birthday pictures.

And here I am as a young adult! I kept my hat, but changed the rest. I became lucky when I aged up.

The party was over after everyone had cake, but that wasn't the end of events.

Now, I understand why Mom and Dad bought two cribs and two swings. They were adopting my siblings instead! That's how they knew! I wonder if that was their plan all along or if it was a last minute decision.

This little bundle here is my sister, Amora. She's
friendly and brave. I think her name means "love" in some language. It sounds like "love".

Here's my little brother, Angelo. He's clumsy and a slob. He's a toddler, so he's older than Amora, but still my baby brother.

Amora and Angelo are cute, but loud! Angelo makes a lot of noise with his toys and Amora just cries a lot. I know they're only doing what babies do, but sheesh, is it annoying!

I do feel a little bad for Amora. Angelo always wants my parents' attention. Amora probably cries because Angelo makes so much noise, but we can't take her out because it's too cold. When Angelo goes to sleep, she calms down and is quiet. Sometimes, I get up at night to go check on her and she's awake, so I take her up to my room and she stops fussing and calms down almost instantly.

I can't wait to see what she looks like as a toddler.

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel

Offline Kaye

• Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
Re: The Aley Legacy: Chapter Twenty-Nine - Rings and 'Renity!
« Reply #101 on: January 01, 2013, 05:37:57 PM »
Chapter 29: Rings and 'Renity!

I have lots of good news to share!

First, Elbert - or Emmett, as he changed his name to - and I are engaged!

We decided to have a wedding, but I'm not going to wear a traditional white dress. My dress is going to be a light blue instead. We're going to hold our wedding at the Ceremonial Tales Garden, the same place Aunt Meaghan had hers.

That's another piece of news! The Ceremonial Tales Garden now has a wedding chapel on it. We don't know when that happened, but now, if weddings run into the night, there'll still be good lighting.

I graduated as valedictorian of my school, just like Mom did before! I never felt like I studied much, but I guess I did if I beat out everyone in school!

Mom and Dad threw me a graduation party. Since I don't like huge parties, they only invited a few people, but the party became a celebration for something else: Amora's birthday!

I was holding her and she started fidgeting, so I put her down and she started sparkling.

Aww, look at her little bows! They have hearts on them!

After she aged up, Amora crawled back into the nursery. I guess she's not a fan of parties. But it was over by that point anyway.

In case you're curious, Angelo was sleeping the whole time. I guess he only likes noise if
he's the one making it.

Angelo already knows all of his toddler skills, so Amora just needs to learn hers. I started teaching her how to talk the next day.

She learns a bit fast. She can say names, so far. Sort of.

"Amora, what's your name?"

"I 'mora!"

"What's Mommy's name?"

"Kella!"

"Daddy's name?"

"'ravis!"

"And what's my name?"

"You 'renity!"

And I will end this chapter on that cute note.

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
Re: The Aley Legacy: Chapter Twenty-Nine - Rings and 'Renity!
« Reply #102 on: January 01, 2013, 06:05:58 PM »
Aw, welcome Amora and Angelo!
I think they'll fit right in!
Serenity looks very pretty as a young adult.
And, congrats on the engagement!

Offline Kaye

• Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
Re: The Aley Legacy: Chapter Thirty - Ghostly Visits
« Reply #103 on: February 27, 2013, 08:11:35 PM »
Thanks, Sadie!

This chapter was actually kind of hard because I wasn't sure if the idea I had could work. But it did, so I finally got it written out. Amora and Angelo will fill the special roles they have, but I'm not telling.  ;)
-----

Chapter 30: Ghostly Visits

Things have been pretty average at the Aley household. Mom celebrated her birthday and went from young adult to adult.

Raven maxed her racing skill and we came first place in an international racing competition. My little foal has grown into a champion! I'm so proud.

Emmett and I had a date at the winter festival and ice-skated together. I caught on faster than he did, but we were soon both skating gracefully on the ice.

Our wedding will be in spring, which is less than three days away. We might have it on Love Day, which will give me time to get fitted for a wedding dress. We've also been discussing Emmett possibly moving in before we get married. Amora's birthday is in a few days and I want her to spend some time around Emmett while she's still a toddler.

Speaking of Amora, here's something out of the ordinary that happened. Angelo isn't here anymore. Before you start fearing the worst, let me explain.

Mom and Dad took my grandparents' graves and went to the science lab.

Over an hour later, they came out and guess who with?

Yep, that's Grandma and Grandpa in the...spirit, I guess. But they didn't stay for long. They spent a little time with us and then left together and took Angelo with them!

I thought they were kidnapping him at first, but Mom said she and Dad let them. I can't really understand why. I mean, they just adopted Angelo! We hadn't even celebrated his birthday yet! But Mom and Dad assured me it was okay and we'd still see Angelo because they weren't living far. In fact, their house was right down and across the street.

I know my parents wouldn't do anything that could be bad for us, but I still question this decision. But I guess as long as Angelo will be alright and we can still see him, it's okay. It's not like he isn't in good hands. And it is nice to have my grandparents back, even if they're not exactly how I remember them.

Strangely, Amora doesn't seem to notice her brother is gone. I'm starting to think she and Angelo didn't like each other.

The same day Mom and Dad brought my grandparents back, we got a little visitor that night. Remember Myn, my grandmother's cat?

I really have to wonder who took this shot. Maybe we should move Myn's grave to my grandparents' new house.

Dad became an elder and retired from business as a power broker. I guess even workaholics like Dad don't want to work for the rest of their lives.

Dad spent his time either playing chess or caring for Amora. Once spring came and the snow melted, he started taking Amora out regularly.

Mom spends time with Amora after work and gardening. Amora really likes books, so Mom has started reading to her every night before bed.

Emmett and I had another date at the spring festival. I found a lot of eggs scattered on the ground and picked them up. I guess I got a head start in the egg hunt.

We tested our relationship at the love tester and got the "uncontrollable" result. I knew I found my perfect partner!

We decided we will have our wedding on Love Day, but Emmett won't move in until then. Amora's birthday is one day before, so she'll be a child by the time we have it. It'll be perfect since she won't have to start school until the next day. I'm going to invite as many friends and family as possible. I can hardly wait!

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel

Offline Kaye

• Immortal
  • Cute, quirky girl
    • Kaye's Sim Stories
Re: The Aley Legacy: Chapter Thirty-One - Lovely On Love Day
« Reply #104 on: March 02, 2013, 12:29:22 PM »
Chapter 31: Lovely On Love Day

It's Amora's birthday!

Mom says these pictures make it look like Amora's my daughter instead of my sister, but Amora's close to all of us.

Dad says toddlers always look like they're dancing when they start to sparkle. I think so too! We actually have four pictures instead of just this one and it does look like she's dancing!

Here's Amora's new room. We didn't sell the baby furniture. We're keeping it in inventory instead. I let her have my old dress-up chest.

Amora's favorite color is green and it shows! Her first dress looks a little odd, though. I've never sen one like it. Mom and Dad didn't like it because they thought it was too short, but they let her wear it on the grounds that she have stockings under. I think Amora might've been happy about that.

Oh, I forgot to mention that Amora also became outdoorsy. She loves the outdoors. I wonder if that has anything to do with that strange dress. It is adorned with leaves.

Regardless of her strange taste in dresses, I love my little sister.

Love Day was the next day and so was my wedding! I invited my whole family, including my grandparents and Angelo, who was now a child. The guests were a little freaked out at having ghosts there, but all in all, the wedding party was awesome!

I'm terrible at taking pictures! I look like the smile's pasted on my face.

This is a nice picture of my mom. I look angry in the background because I almost messed up my dress.

The wedding ran into the night, but none of the guests minded and Emmett and I certainly didn't. This night was the start of our lives together.

The Aley Legacy
The Gemstone Legacy
Serene Stars Hotel