Author Topic: Calm Garden - Community Garden  (Read 9929 times)

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Calm Garden - Community Garden
« on: April 21, 2012, 04:30:06 AM »
1. ) Overlooking the garden -

== * == ~ == * ==

Calm Garden Details
---- -- -- ---- -- -- ----
* Name: Calm Garden
* Bds/Ba: 0 Bds / Has restrooms
-- --- --
* Lot Size: 30x30
* Built On: 2350 Pinochle Point, Sunset Valley
* Lot Type: Community lot, Visitors Allowed
-- --- --
* Price On Lot: $82,271 (Fully Furnished)
-- --- --
* Unique Things: Has all perfect harvestables. Fruit trees planted around the lot, and on the front left of the lot. All harvestable plants are available, but not all may be mature.

* Note:* Has been updated with new harvestables from Supernatural Look at the second file = 3x3C-CalmGarden-Sept2012-B3.Sims3Pack

Features:
---------
Eight garden plots
Sitting area w/library of books
Restroom w/ tub and a shower stall
Sim Fu area w/ excersize/sparing mat
Chess table and foosball table
Two artists easels
Toy box and blocks table for the kiddies
2 BBQ grills and several tables outside

----
Garden harvestables don't die, with exception of Death Flowers. When that happens just delete and recopy lot.
==========
* Includes Items From:
* All expansions, due to misc. plants and trees in garden as well as books in the bookshelf.
* Base Game Items
* World Adventures - (Simfu items)
* Showtime - (Windows)
-- --- --
No Store Items
NO Custom Content
-- --- --
YES to use in stories and town/world remodels
= -= * =-= ~ = -= * =-=
Created By: MrsFlynn
[Date - Apr.2011, Updated - Sept.2012]

== * == ~ == * ==
Sitting Area and BBQ Area -

== * == ~ == * ==
Sim-Fu Area -

== * == ~ == * ==
Artist Corner -

== * == ~ == * ==
Front of Garden - 1 -

== * == ~ == * ==
Front of Garden - 2 -

== * == ~ == * ==
Back of Garden -

== * == ~ == * ==
More photos can be viewed here -
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=1128
== * == ~ == * ==

I hope you like the updated version of the garden. :)

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Neashaleigh

• Immortal
  • Divergent
    • The Sims - Houses
Re: Calm Garden - Community Garden
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 09:51:15 AM »
Really nice and a great idea to have a community garden. Love it!
*´¨)
 ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.• Neasha Leigh

The Sims 3 - Houses
My Sims 3 Studio
My Sims 4 Studio

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

AdnaanA

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 09:53:40 AM »
How did you make it

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012, 04:23:29 PM »
After I discovered plants don't die on non-active lots, I wanted to make lots that had a lot of plants and trees on them. So my gardening families could always have plants and trees to harvest. It started out with making houses with back yard gardens. And then into a smaller community garden up to the one I've shared.

How I made the lot is I started with a residential lot, planned out how I wanted the lot to look like. Used my gardening 10 family of 8 sim people, had them plant and tend the garden till all of the plants/trees were outstanding to perfect.

Used a different family to go grab some of the books to add to the bookshelf along with the Sim-Fu items.

After the plants and trees were planted I went into buy build mode to place them where I wanted them to be placed. Gave the lot a name and description, and then saved it as a community lot visitors allowed.

MrsFlynn
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Ilessthan3TheSims

• Occult
  • Call me iless :)
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2012, 04:30:03 PM »
I didn't know there were bananas! :O

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2012, 07:53:06 PM »
Bananas came with Showtime.

MrsFlynn - This is an awesome garden.  Thank you so much for sharing it with us.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2012, 03:16:45 AM »
I'm happy to be able to share it with the forum. :)  I'm happy to see it's getting downloaded and played with too. Brings a smile to my face!!

If anyone has any questions or comments, feel free to ask. :)

MrsFlynn

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TeaPuff

• Nooboo
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2012, 04:38:16 AM »
Thankyou MrsFlynn so much for sharing your creation, this will be so handy as ive just started a new sim family and cant really be bothered travelling to get all of the extra plants!! This will take away alot of hastle  :D

Offline Decima

• Townie
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2012, 05:26:10 AM »
The whole reason why I don't play gardening type careers is that I can't be bothered finding seeds from all over the place, guess I have no excuse now!  ;D

Thanks for sharing!

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2012, 03:39:00 PM »
It is a hassle trying to find all the seeds. That's one of the reasons I created the garden, so the rest of my Simmies wouldn't have to travel to find seeds and what-not.

Although, after I created the first version of this garden, I found using the buydebug cheat, you could plant almost all of the plants and trees, at normal quality. The rest you can find at the local store.

I was actually disapointed when I found the buydebug cheat for the plants, as I had just finished slaving over my garden - getting almost all the plants to perfect quality. But the cheat does come in handy if you really don't want to be bothered with trying to find seeds.

I had Hubby help me with finding some of the seeds orginally. Then I had my gardening sims take care of the seeds. Saved the garden, made gardens out of them, so I'd have more harvestables to make a big garden like what I've shared. :)

It works great for the gardening career, or if your sim person wants to garden, go to the community garden, harvest for awhile and take what's harvested and plant in the sim's yard. I like doing that too. As after awhile, you've got lots of little gardens all over town. :)

MrsFlynn

Offline Neashaleigh

• Immortal
  • Divergent
    • The Sims - Houses
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2012, 04:02:28 PM »
I wish my hubby were interested in The Sims so we could do things together. He hates EA with a passion, and won't have anything to do with them, sadly. Still, I can't complain. We play wow together. But it'd be nice if he played Sims with me too :D You're very lucky! Oh, and nice garden, by the way. I did a similar one, except I used the butterfly dome and created my garden in there. I got sick of looking for seeds too :P

I'm so lazy LOL
*´¨)
 ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.• Neasha Leigh

The Sims 3 - Houses
My Sims 3 Studio
My Sims 4 Studio

Offline Tealeaf

• Townie
    • Annie Takes Off
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2012, 12:21:00 AM »
I just installed this lot into the game I am playing and it really is nice.  I was thinking about doing something similar but I'm certain mine wouldn't have turned out so nice (I have no imagination when it comes to building, and everything I make is basically just a square box).

Question, if a sim harvests any plant other than Deathflower on a community lot, does that plant simply bear forth fruit again in a couple of days, over and over since it never dies?  And if something is mature but not in harvest, will it sooner or later become harvestable? 

While an obvious boon to sims starting out their gardening careers, I think this is even more valuable to sims that don't have land, such as apartment dwellers.  Now they can use perfect lettuce for their autumm salads, tomatoes for their spaghetti, and even enjoy the benefit of perfect money trees should funds get tight.  Very nice indeed.
I'm Tealeaf, and I approve of this message.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2012, 02:25:20 AM »
Hi Tealeaf, Thank you for your compliments.

Great questions!!  The garden will reproduce harvestables indefinitely. However, I'm not sure when something is mature, but not harvestable if it will become harvestable later on. The plants and trees used to keep growing, maturing and become harvestable prior to Pets, I beleive. But I'm not entirely sure now, as I haven't been able to sit and play my current Sims game for awhile. I've only been able to play a a couple or so sim-days.

Hopefully, someone else will come along and be able to answer that question, cause I've wanted to ask about that myself. As I've been wondering the same thing.

MrsFlynn

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2012, 01:27:46 PM »
If something is mature, it will eventually become harvestable again in a garden like this.  Basically the plants go through a renewal process which is why they will downgrade to mature but after a sim day or two they will go back to being harvestable.   As for the deathflower, I'm certain that's the only plant that will actually die unfortunately.

Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Tealeaf

• Townie
    • Annie Takes Off
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2012, 03:07:36 PM »
Oh, I see, thanks for replying.  It is a shame that the Deathflowers don't stick around, but since they are plantable using buydegbug, I don't see it as being that big of a deal. 
I'm Tealeaf, and I approve of this message.

anything