Author Topic: Sims 3 - How to Start the Game Without the Launcher  (Read 163922 times)

Offline Teacup Chihuahua

• Occult
Re: How to Start the Game Without the Launcher
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2012, 01:10:08 PM »
Pam thank you so much for this iformation ;D have been having problems with the launcher especially after i installed Pets Was becoming very frustrated :o ??? thank you once again ;D

Offline MinGraphics

• Nooboo
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2013, 04:28:48 PM »
This no longer works, my launcher still opens  :( 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

DaDewd

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2013, 04:34:15 AM »
Hi.

what doesn't work no longer, and what did you do ? It works just fine for me.

When you start the sims3 on the loading screen it will say what game you're starting 'from' - usually the last installed exp. pack. If you start the main game .exe (ts3w.exe) if works fine. If you start the .exe file in some expansion pack, it works fine too.

It's nice to skip the launcher I guess. Using the launcher, one can tell the individual exp. packs' versions, and main game version. I do recall there was some launcher probs once. Gladly, EA doesnt update individual packs anymore (phew) but simply a general update that updates all the exp. packs.

IIRC, sometimes, when quitting the launcher, after quitting the game, the launcher crashes. Didn't matter to me, as I was already quitting the game ;) I consider that a windows problem, like most other things, hehe.

game copy world, and the patches scrolls (search the net) , all have the newest sims3 files, if you're tired of inserting a dvd, or switching dvd's..dont let them force you to insert a dvd all the time - you already installed the game, and there really isnt any need or reason it shud be asking for dvd all the time. I keep a driver dvd in my dvd drive most of the time, or a movie, and i dont switch any dvd's around. I don't use the 'upload' feature of launcher, and my steam seems to crash more than it actually works, so thats just a problem i chose not to fix. thumbs down to steam.. sims3 online is still tabu for me ;)

brappl

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2013, 07:15:51 AM »
Until I saw these threads I only started via Launcher which was often problematic.  This is a handy work around.  My latest EP is Showtime which I downloaded from Origin so it is not in the usual Electronic Arts folder.  I found the .exe file here:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3 Showtime\Game\Bin\TS3EP06.exe"

Ran the game both ways checking CPU and using to TS3EP06.exe uses less CPU.

Offline Skilletnap

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2013, 12:22:26 PM »
Someone found way for Mac users to do that as well.
From Tessalion13 on Bear Mountain Creations:

"1) cntrl+click on your sims 3 icon, select "show in finder"
2) cntrl+click on the latest EP/SP, select "show package contents"
3) select folder: contents -> resources -> transgaming -> cdrive -> program files -> electronic arts -> highest EP/SP -> game -> bin
4) In this folder you're looking for a file marked TS3EP03.exe (if LN is your latest) or TS3SP03.exe (OLS)
5)Double click on the .exe and the game will start, bypassing the launcher

It looks like a mouthful but it's not hard to find when you know how to get there.
What I usually do is cntrl+click the .exe and select "make alias" then move that shortcut to the desktop so I don't have to go through all those files all the time. I use the .exe to fire up the game all the time except for when I want to install something through the launcher. In my experience the launcher is a clunky temperamental thing that I want to avoid when I can, I may be imagining it but I feel like the whole process is faster starting the game by skipping the launcher."

Offline GoFeesh

• Got any 3s?
  • Nooboo
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2014, 11:06:53 AM »
This no longer works, my launcher still opens  :(
Agreed. I have a newer version of the game that requires Origin and an internet connection to play. I do have a CD, but when trying to open the game via the file in my bin folder (under Origin, not the EA folder) it forces me to open and sign in to Origin, which then routes me through the launcher.

Offline Denbur

• Nooboo
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2014, 11:59:07 PM »
same i have same issue still launches origin regardless what you try :(

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything