Author Topic: Meteors  (Read 64325 times)

Offline Tommyo3000

• Occult
  • The name's Piglet. Harry Piglet.
Re: Meteor stories
« Reply #75 on: May 17, 2011, 10:26:33 PM »
I literally just got ambitions last week so I haven;t gotten one yet, but I can't wait until I do!  :)

Honeysuckle

« Reply #76 on: May 18, 2011, 05:32:06 AM »
... but I can't wait until I do!  :)

;D ... yea lets see how you feel about it then? I got that mixed feeling too tho, its scarry and fun in a way.

Btw, cant babies or toddlers die at all? I thought they might to fires or meteors. I know children can drown and teens can get electrocuted, I only once lost a toddler who wasnt living in my household, she died from starvation  :'( I was quite upset with her mom for a while, then I went and resurrected the baby and had my first ghost family, but thats an entirely different story!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #77 on: May 18, 2011, 05:41:23 AM »
Welcome to our Forum, Honeysuckle.

I think this board is fine for this topic.  Although meteors were introduced with Ambitions, I'm not certain that Ambitions must be installed for one to happen.  It's very possible that meteors were also included in the update that was released at the same time.

I'd also like to ask you to read the Forum Rules regarding use of proper English when posting.  You've got some instances of abbreviation, capitalization, apostrophes, etc. that need to be corrected.  There's a link to the rules in my signature below.  Thanks.  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #78 on: May 18, 2011, 08:35:58 AM »
I didn't think babies, toddlers or children could die.
Usually they get taken away by social services before they can starve.

Though, I've heard when a meteor hits the school, they can die.
But apart from that, I'm quite certain they can't die.

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #79 on: May 18, 2011, 09:14:24 AM »
I've shared my meteor story before, but this thread's the perfect place to quote it! The funny thing is that I've only ever had two meteor strikes, and they were within twenty minutes of each other (in real time). The original post was here, and we had a pretty funny conversation about it too.  :D

Anyway, here it is:

Now that I've mentioned Hannah's meteor strikes I better post some pics, eh? The first one snuck up on me as she was leaving the Science Lab so I didn't get any screenshots, but the second one happened as she was finishing a vaccination clinic at the park. There were loads of people around for that, so I had charred townies running around for weeks. The funny thing was that none of the Sims became Singed straight away, they just all stood on one leg, cringing, until their clothes burnt off one by one. It was kind of funny.  :)

There. Now it's art!
The meteor itself was collected by Hannah later in the day and is now proudly displayed in her living room. She got a wish for a tattoo, so I sent her to get one of a moon to commemorate the event.

Honeysuckle

« Reply #80 on: May 18, 2011, 12:08:32 PM »
Welcome to our Forum, Honeysuckle.

I think this board is fine for this topic.  Although meteors were introduced with Ambitions, I'm not certain that Ambitions must be installed for one to happen.  It's very possible that meteors were also included in the update that was released at the same time.

I'd also like to ask you to read the Forum Rules regarding use of proper English when posting.  You've got some instances of abbreviation, capitalization, apostrophes, etc. that need to be corrected.  There's a link to the rules in my signature below.  Thanks.  :)

Thank you Pam. I promise to do my best to obey forum rules, I understand it's all for the best of the forums. English is a second language to me though, so errors are likely to happen... I also think i'm a bit damaged from english live text chats, where trying to keep up pace stands above correctness  :P - but I don't mind trying harder!

To Ausette: Awsome pictures, looks like a really funny day at the park.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #81 on: May 18, 2011, 08:06:48 PM »
I think it's just babies, toddlers and children that can't die from a meteor, but I thought I saw some pictures on the forum where someone's whole high school was killed.

As for the dirty environment moodlet.  Replace everything.  I basically clicked everything on my place last meteor strike to replace everything I could - potted flowers, lights, windows, doors, columns.   I actually ended up having to replace a decorative fence too because it was giving the negative moodlet.   

Sorry to hear about your trouble :(  I had it happen to the same family in two different saves within 2 days of each other.  And then again in 2 different games in other towns within the next month. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Harpua

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #82 on: May 22, 2011, 01:43:05 AM »
I had one happen to me the other day in Shang Simla.

I was in the town square waiting for a tournament opponent to show up. I figured it would be a good time to meditate. I was getting ready for work so I was about to walk away and fix breakfast. All of a sudden I noticed it was getting dark. Put my glasses back on and saw the message.

I really wasn't sure what to do. I wasn't sure if it was triggered by the meditation or not. At the last moment, I moved him and the meteor hit. Picked up a 10K gigantic rock for my troubles. Funny thing was that a couple of the local merchants stayed singed for a long time.

nobodysgirl333

« Reply #83 on: June 27, 2011, 01:56:33 PM »
LOL. Just last night I had 5 meteor strikes in the same town. One when I moved my girl in to her new house, but my game crashed. So I moved her back in and when she was at the bookstore she was hit by a meteor and died. I was annoyed because I had only just started to play her. Then I created another sim and I had one hit on the road just after his taxi went past, and 2 more hit outside the hospital on his first day of work within minutes of eachother. I had never even seen a meteor strike until last night, weird huh?

Offline xFezIsAFreakx

• Ironic Philanthropist
  • Watcher
  • Simmer/Nerdfighter
« Reply #84 on: June 27, 2011, 02:03:47 PM »
I had my first (and only, so far) meteor exactly two days after I got Ambitions installed! It was in my legacy save file. I had my second generation heir, a child, going to the bookstore for a book on logic when this massive 'boom' sound came up and a little notification saying 'Renesmee wonders why it is so dark all of a sudden'. I guessed right away that a meteor was set to hit the bookstore so I cancelled all queued actions and sent Renesmee on her little bike to cycle home right away. Luckily, she did (although, in slow motion which was so frustrating! Why do sims feel the need to move as slow as possible during an emergency?) and I got her home safely before the meteor hit the bookstore. Frightening times!

CarlosLordofTacos

« Reply #85 on: June 27, 2011, 02:45:54 PM »
My only experience with meteors was positive. My Sim was travelling on his bike in China and a meteor fell out of the sky. It missed him, so I went back to collect the meteor, while another landed on the spot he turned around at. He had a fantastic holiday and you know what they say, "What doesn't kill you, buys you an awesome tent!"

Offline Laurencius

• Llama Wrangler
  • Come for the gas, stay for the hummus!
« Reply #86 on: June 27, 2011, 05:13:19 PM »
I have a meteor story about romance and stargazing.  You know that it will either be a stupendously fantastic date or a horrible disaster of a date when an asteroid comes crashing at you when gazing at the stars. My teen sim noticed that one star getting larger and larger. She had the good sense to grab her date and leg it out of the area.

She got caught by the police for violating her curfew when she tried to collect the space rocks at the crash site.

nobodysgirl333

« Reply #87 on: June 28, 2011, 02:11:06 PM »
I actually found out why I was having hit after hit of meteors. I had an out dated version of [name of mod removed - Schipperke] in my folder. After updating it and removing the old mod everything went back to normal. No more meteors since. So anyone with this same problem might try looking in your packages folder for any outdated mods.

Not that I didn't find it amusing to have the meteor strikes but once in a while would be better than every 5 minutes.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #88 on: June 28, 2011, 03:00:53 PM »
Nobodysgirl, I had to edit your post to remove the name of the mod.  The forum rules prohibit any discussion of mods.  Please be more careful of this in future.  Thanks.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Peregrine_Falcon

• Nooboo
« Reply #89 on: June 29, 2011, 03:08:57 AM »
I just installed Ambitions today and am hoping to eventually experience a meteor - I hope it doesn't destroy my house though, because my current sim is too poor to rebuild it! I am really enjoying the other, non destructive features of the expansion though.