Author Topic: Meteors  (Read 64575 times)

bshag

Meteors
« on: June 10, 2010, 11:22:45 AM »
I usually send my sim, Josh down to the consignment shop to see what's on sale on most days.  This time when he clicked into his truck a sign appeared, all pink..."Josh noticed it getting dark all of a sudden."  I kept looking around but there was nothing weird I could see.  He gets to the consignment shop and I panned out to look around and see smoke coming from his house.  :o  I send him home and there are meteors everywhere.  Between him (daredevil) and the girl across the street, they managed to put out the fire.  He got about $5,000 from all the meteors lying around.  I was so shocked I never got any pics.  :D

So if you see one of these signs, move fast cause you're about to get smacked.  :D

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
Re: meteor shower!
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 12:52:19 PM »
Very exciting!  I can't wait for something like this to happen in my game.  So far I haven't even had an earthquake, and I have not one but TWO level 10 firefighters!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline templesmom

• Townie
  • Happy Simming!
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 12:53:28 PM »
Oh wow, So cool. I didn't know those could happen to someone who was not a firefighter. I thought it would be a job for them. Awsome. Can't wait for it to happen in my game.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2010, 04:53:43 PM »
I had a meteor shower when one of my sims was using the telescope.  It destroyed everything that was outside and left big craters.  The money realized by selling the meteors barely covered the cost of replacing everything.  If, as I read somewhere, meteor showers are more likely when sims are using telescopes, my sims will be doing without their telescopes in future. 

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2010, 07:26:44 PM »
According to the Prima Guide, if you see that shadow overhead, you better run! It will kill your Sim it if strikes in the right spot.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2010, 10:33:30 PM »
I had a meteor shower when one of my sims was using the telescope.  It destroyed everything that was outside and left big craters.  The money realized by selling the meteors barely covered the cost of replacing everything.  If, as I read somewhere, meteor showers are more likely when sims are using telescopes, my sims will be doing without their telescopes in future. 

Hrm... I think I better move my family into an actual house before I buy a telescope then.  Right now they're living in the wild outdoors.   ;D

Offline Puppetmaster1

• Townie
Re: Meteor Shower!
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2010, 12:45:51 AM »
It happened to me while I was at work, it sizzled everybody who worked in the Hospital, and it killed my boss Morgana Wolff.  This was my 3rd or 4th day of work.  I didn't get a new boss, and didn't get any more books to read for research.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

bshag

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2010, 11:03:14 AM »
It happened to me while I was at work, it sizzled everybody who worked in the Hospital, and it killed my boss Morgana Wolff.  This was my 3rd or 4th day of work.  I didn't get a new boss, and didn't get any more books to read for research.
Wow!  That  borders on real life...how scary! :o

Offline Sarah

• Townie
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2010, 04:39:33 PM »

How on earth did you fulfil the Research meter without the books?! Or was it through doing the new Ambitions related activities?
Grr Argh!

Offline Puppetmaster1

• Townie
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2010, 08:01:07 PM »
I didn't.  The Research Meter stayed at Yellow the entire game.  I made it to World Class Surgeon with both my Sims regardless.  (I am playing an "ER" game, since i am new to the Sims, and I thought having my two Sims in the same profession would simplify things to start).

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2010, 11:43:25 PM »
"ER"? ???
Formerly Simstar3

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2010, 12:54:50 AM »
"ER" was a TV show that is very popular and the series just ended within the last year or so I believe.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2010, 05:03:16 PM »
Something I forgot to mention:  after the meteor shower that destroyed all my sim's outdoor possessions, she had a constant "disgusted" moodlet on her lot.  I couldn't find anything that would have been causing that moodlet - I had filled in the big craters outside, and as far as I could tell, there was nothing different inside the house.  I didn't want to deal with that negative moodlet every time she was at home so I wound up deleting the game.   

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2010, 06:09:32 PM »
I didn't want to deal with that negative moodlet every time she was at home so I wound up deleting the game.   

Couldn't you have moved house?
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2010, 06:11:28 PM »
That's what I was about to say. Great minds think alike LOL.  ;D
Formerly Simstar3